Marlo Furniture

Rockville, MD

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered a living set on 11/13 and was scheduled for delivery on 11/21 between 12pm-4pm. At 3:30pm I called to check on the status because no one had contacted me and I was told to call back after 4:30pm. I called at 4:00pm and was told at that point that the delivery person was running behind and that he had 4 stops before mine. I then inquired about a refund because to me this was poor customer communication. Why do I have to call and find out that the delivery driver is running behind? I was told that I could go into the store. I then informed them that I was headed to the store. I get to the store only to be told that there was no manager on duty and I would have to come back tomorrow. Really!!!

The only person who seemed to care that I wasted an entire day of work and that you had an upset customer who wanted to cancel all orders with Marlo was LeAndre at the corporate office. Here it is 6:27pm and I am still waiting. No calls to update me. Once again I had to call. I will be accepting my living furniture whenever it gets here. But that the bedroom set will be cancelled. And Marlo has just lost a customer.

Had a missed delivery due to miscommunication, called, the customer service lady from Rockville and Brandywine were very impatient and rude, they treated me like a judge to a defendant. If am able to pull through and get my furniture in good shape and exact copy of what I ordered, I will NEVER order from Marlo Furniture again. I explained to the judge that I am a student and I have exam this week and next, SHE said "sorry but there is nothing we can do to help you. That the time is computer generated." I said "could you give me about a four hour window, if it fall within my exam time, I could talk to my prof to reschedule." She said "No, WE only let you pick the day but not the time." I have ordered from Raymond and Flanigan, Bob's and I never had this problem. MARLO, NEVER again. Pls ask about their delivery in details before you swipe your card.

My furniture came with a one year warranty and I additionally purchased an extended warranty. Within weeks of my furniture purchase of a recliner set, the mechanical device that extends the leg rest bent and then broke. I have been calling Marlo customer service since early August, it is now November and not once have they called me back. When I do get through they promise they will check on the part and call me back and never do. Over a week ago I called them. I was informed that the part was ready for shipping but they didn't have a shipping container. I again was informed that they would call me back.

I am going to call again today and I am going to keep posting on this site until my furniture is repaired. I will never buy furniture from Marlo's again. Not only is the quality of their furniture very poor but they oversell this warranty and their customer service is very rude and they consistently lie! I have the names of the people in customer service that I have been speaking with and will be posting them soon.

We purchased a sectional from Marlo 5 years ago, a great leather sectional for over $3k. We bought 7 pieces (which was more than standard). We were hesitant b/c we mentioned we had cats. The salesman said that's what warranties are for (cat scratches, etc). So we bought the extra warranty. Needless to say a year in when we called in to have a repair, we learned this was not so. It took a while but the manager got involved and agreed to replace our set. It was installed during the day when I was at work.

When I got home, I noticed it was smaller, thinner and the threading was slightly diff. They said this was the replacement, so we left it be. They said it was the same type of leather nonetheless. They also said we would still have our 5 year warranty, which had just under 2 years left at the time. Only they could not locate the warranty, and no one returned our calls. I called for years. We don't live super close. But even the receptionist who I could call today, and who recognizes me, admits that she's told the manager and given my msg. But they will not return my calls.

Why am I calling? Well this leather is not the same, and it has fallen to pieces, all over. And this is not from cat scratches, just general use. It is highly disappointing. I was told that a change in management occurred... but that does not mean they don't still represent Marlo. A response at minimum after 6-8 msgs, would be appreciated. They were not hostile msgs, just a request to discuss the details of our situation. Now I am going to have to drive over an hour out of my way to go there and speak and file a claim in person, because they won't take serious anything that won't come to their doorstep - not even if it's someone whose spent thousands of dollars at their store and would have continued had this been handled properly.

I moved to a new location and bought furniture sofa set and two beds with mattress. They promised that all will be delivered from their store within four weeks. The sales agent (Michael) is so nice and knows what he is selling. When it comes to closing the deal the store manager was so rude. I asked him a discount as per the TV Ads. He nag me and indicated the doorway to leave the store. Since my wife liked the beds I accepted the price.

Before we leave the store we double checked if they can deliver the furniture within four weeks. They reconfirmed it. Now it's been 7 weeks and only sent part of our order. Last week we went back to the store and asked the district manager. He told us if they cannot deliver it by next week we can go call and cancel our order. I just called and the customer service notified me that it is not ready for delivery. She is not cooperative to forward my call to the store manager either. Ehuuuuu. I supposed to read all the complaints ahead of my order.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marlo Furniture?

My family decided to go to Marlo's and purchase two bedroom sets. It took about 8 weeks to get the furniture. After receiving the furniture I notice that it looks very cheap and you can almost see where they screwed in the nails to hold the furniture up. We also purchase two night stand. We got one night stand and the other night stand has been a nightmare. I submitted the order in for the night stands back in May 2016 and now it's late August 2016. I receive a call saying my furniture was being transferred from the warehouse to Rockville, MD and someone would be calling me. It's been three week and no one still have not call me. They had enough time to go around the world and back. Each time I have to call and take the initiative to find out what's going on with my furniture. I was promise that the lady manager of Marlo was going to call me and that's been over a month ago now.

I went to Marlo in Rockville, Md. several times to select furnitures. I finally made up my mind to purchase beds, mattresses and other items on 6/14/16, I paid for the purchase. I was VERY clear about when I wanted the items and the salesman reassured me several times that the delivery will be within 2-6 weeks. My family was going though bereavement and I could not deal with more stress, also was expecting international guests, I was reassured, AGAIN. All will be delivered in six weeks at the latest.

Up till today, I have not heard from Marlo furniture, I called several times with no luck. The only time I got any type of information was on 7/26/16 and was told by an associate that delivery could take up to "sixteen weeks or more" and that she will have a manager call me because I was unhappy with that. My entire family has been sleeping on the rug for over two months, our guests also slept on the rug until they left, and Marlo furniture did not care, will not return my money and will not deliver the beds. I can not afford to purchase furniture elsewhere because they have my money.

I've been waiting for a sofa sectional since June 19. Marlo has missed several promised delivery dates. I've called them several times, and keep being told they're waiting for the furniture to arrive at the warehouse. Meanwhile, I paid $1,801.95 for this item. When I purchased the sectional, the salesman (John **) promised it would be delivered in 4 weeks or less. Based on other reviews I've seen, Marlo makes standard practice of lying to their customers (sounds like angry words, I know, but I don't know what else you'd call it but "lying") and not delivering items on schedule -- or at all.

Up till now I have not received my order yet. I called the corporate office. The LADY whom I spoke deliberately hang up on me because I was asking too much questions. Please don't do business with them since THEY DON'T have good customer service. VERY RUDE PEOPLE.

We have buy sofa set from from Marlo Furniture invoice no 5/17/2015. The day we have received damaged and the day of delivery the driver call the store and message was given to us that they will take care but nothing happened. This is kind request to see our complaint seriously as we are senior citizen of US. We have already informed but all in vain and we feel harassed by store. Please resolve our problem urgently. Thanks.

If had read this reviews for this store back in November I would have never purchased a nail from them. I purchased a Serta mattress from Marlo. They offered a top of the line mattress and had a lot of problems with delivery and other things which turned out to be the least of the problems. Just a few months later, they mattress bended in the middle. The manufacturer indicated that the store would work with me to get the mattress replaced. To this date after so many phone calls, letters, e-mails, etc I have decided to take legal action against this company. I do not intend to let them get away with crime. If anyone has been through same and wants to share their course of action or advice, please let me know.

Bought a dresser drawers on president's day sale. They still haven't called for pickup. It's now 5/11/16. They have lied five times about delivery time. Worst customer service ever!

I bought a living set from Marlo last year. The set was a complete rip off. The couch is began to rip in different place. The love seat is cracking and the material under the couch is coming apart. I am still paying on a bill that's a big messy. Very unhappy with my purchase. I will never buy anything from Marlo furniture again.

I went to Marlo's Furniture over the President's Day holiday to buy furniture for my basement. After going through the entire showroom with a salesman, I finally found a sofa and love seat and decided to make a purchase that was scheduled for delivery the following week. At no point during my walk through of the showroom, or at the checkout desk, did anyone mention that I would have to take a store credit if anything were to happen with my order; nor was there any signage stating this policy. So, when the delivery man arrived and told me that the furniture could not fit through my stairwell (without ever attempting) I requested a refund. He told me that the furniture was still on the truck and that I would have to wait until it was returned to the store and went back into inventory, and called his dispatcher.

I spoke with the dispatcher who repeated the same story about the furniture needing to be returned and having to go back into inventory and told me to take measurements and go back to the store to re-select new furniture. I explained that I wanted a refund and was told that I would have to contact the corporate office to request a refund. When I spoke with corporate the following day, I was told very rudely that they did not give refunds and my only option would be to come re-select furniture, but to make sure I took measurement first. At that point, I contacted my bank to file a claim and requested a refund. This is such a rip off and dishonest way to do business; they should be ashamed. Please tell everyone you know never to go to Marlo's Furniture!

My wife and I built our dream home in 1999 and needed furniture for every room. We spent well over $10,000 with Marlo at the Rockville store. The furniture was delivered in many different deliveries and during every one of those deliveries there were either pieces of the furniture missing where it rendered the piece useless, it was the completely wrong item or it was damaged. We called so many times to customer service that we finally decided to drive to the store to talk to the management in person. After threatening them with a lawsuit I finally walked around the store and removed the needed pieces of the items we were missing. It took almost a year for us to have all of the damaged items returned and replaced with new ones. They simply blamed their delivery crew who were subcontracted to Marlo. What a joke this company is, no one cares except to take your money upfront!!!

We moved to new house and we need a lot of furniture so we purchase a furniture from Marlo's on October 2015 with almost 9000,00$ dining, living and sectional. We received the living and the dining on October 22nd but we did not received the sectional. When I call them they said that it was not in the stock and they gonna deliver it. My spouse call them they said it gonna be delivered between October 30th and November 2nd. I tried to call them more one time they put me on the hold and they told me "The salesman gonna call you back" and no one call me. That was happens like 4 times.

Today I tried to call the customer service. They told me "It gonna take between 2 weeks to 14 weeks to deliver your item." Soundly when we received the dining room we found something broken in the chair and when I tried to call them to fix it they told me "We received your complaint and we gonna call you back" and no one call me. Really they have a worst customer service I ever had.

I just moved to a new house and need a lot of furniture for the new home. I placed my order six weeks in advance with Marlo and other stores. I paid a lot of money for Marlo. My living and bedroom stuffs was from them. When you give a business to a company you would think they appreciate and in response you get your service but that wasn't the case with Marlo employees. I dealt with Rockville and Laurel. All are unprofessional and incompetent. The company has no respect for their customers. They can't make their commitment to their customer. When you call to follow up, all mistreat you. They don't want to see you going in person to the store to address your issue. I can't tell you enough how top to bottom are unprofessional and incompetent. The store management has no any correction action for their faulty delivery and extended delivery time, mistakes sending the wrong order, color, etc.

I purchase a bedroom set at Marlo. Pick the set up - we def handle with care. After open the box the mirror is crack all over. They refuse to replace it. They said I was to inspect the items before leaving the warehouse. All the items come seal in cardboard with foam lining.. Where would I sit there as a 7 months pregnant woman opening boxes.

Received furniture on Jun 4th 2015 with missing some screws. Till now waiting for that so that I can make my dining table big in size. Called several times, I was told they gonna call me back, never happened. Today when called the responsible person was out and told she gonna call me back as usual. Now I feel ashamed of myself to call Marlo customer service.

3 time this ** deliver the wrong couch. 3 Saturdays I had to stay home and wait for them. ** this place.

I wish I would give negative 1 star for Marlo Furniture store. Beware. The worst customer service ever, stay away from this mafia company. Just ordered a bed set, mattress and standard box spring based on the sample we saw in their showroom. Their delivery staff recommended to my family member to remove the plastic from the box during delivery and set up. Then their own driver removed the plastic from the box spring urging that it will keep slide if not removed. I arrived home and saw that the box spring and mattress was too high with bed we bought compared to the one we saw at showroom display.

I spoke to customer service for exchange to lower profile box and she told me to bring it for exchange to their warehouse at a very far location (Brandywine Md) from Alexandria store I bought in order to avoid restocking fee of $150. She asked me if the plastic is removed from the box, I told here yes it was removed by their delivery people. She told me, "That's fine just take there asap, it shouldn't be a problem since you just bought it." She advised me to take it between 10 am-4 pm which I couldn't take it the same day after work because of the hour restriction and traffic.

After two days, I drove my car for more than 50 miles with traffic to return the box after and a very rude warehouse man and manager told me that since "I" removed the plastic cover from the box, they can't accept my return/exchange. Imagine they said, "You removed it," not their delivery staff who recommend to remove it because it will make the bed slide. I tried to communicate with their mafia store manager however he was not available to assist not even to apologize for their mafia driver mistake who pushes to remove the plastic cover. In the end, I spent hundreds of dollar on another box spring from a different store online and removed the ones I bought from Marlo.

My advice for folks who are in the process of buying furniture, try to stay away from this mafia company. If you really have to buy from them, make sure you stay home and monitor any damage on the furniture and tell their ^^ drivers not to remove plastic cover before you sign any paper. Once you sign their papers, you are in your own, no exchange/no refund, no customer service. Even the sale person who was like an angel when you talk to the first time will turn his back.

I purchased a mattress from Marlow Furniture in Forestville on July 2. I was informed that it would take up to two weeks to receive the mattress. I also paid for delivery. Once the mattress arrived at the warehouse like on July 13th I never could get a solid delivery date so I decided to pick the mattress up myself. I would like to state first to always read reviews. READING IS FUNDAMENTAL. Had I read these reviews first I would have never purchased anything from Marlow. I went there for convenience and it's within my community. Horrible horrible mistake. Well after I picked up the mattress and put it on my bed I almost knocked myself out because it was harder than the floor. I did order a firm mattress and that was not my first firm mattress but the hardest I have ever felt and also it was a memory foam so it should not have been that hard.

A week later I called customer service and stated how hard the mattress is. I was told that it needs to broken in. I said okay so I started walking, jumping and standing up on the mattress. Honestly it did start to break in but now it's lumpy. I have never seen a lumpy memory foam mattress. FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING. About three weeks later I called back. I know and understand that there is always a lemon in a bunch so I explained to customer service about the mattress. She asked me to take a picture. I stated you would not see it because the mattress is manufacturer covered. Then she stated that since I picked the mattress up I should have checked it before I left the warehouse. A queen size mattress in a box "really". I asked her was I suppose to lay it on the floor in the warehouse take it out of the huge box and all its wrappings and lay on it on the warehouse floor??

Then I was told if I paid $150 a technician from their store would come and lay on it. FROM THEIR STORE - we know how that would have worked - he would have not felt the lumps. I explained to her I didn't want a refund because I paid cash I just wanted a mattress without the lumps or a pillow top or something to go with it. BUYERS BEWARE. They do not care at all once they have your money. I paid over 700 dollars for my mattress and it's like I need to purchase another one. I will definitely go outside my community for good service and quality. They didn't offer an apology for taking my money for nothing. And why should they? It was my fault for not reading the reviews like I always do. BAD BAD MISTAKE. I will never ever go to that store again not to even purchase a light bulb.

Published a living room set. To begin with the service in Forrestville was bad but I still purchased the furniture. When I picked it up it was completely covered and tape up. Got it home, everything was ok except one of the legs looked a little off. Called the warehouse and was told nothing they could do because I picked up and did not have it delivered, but I could give them $150.00 and they would take a look at it. The floor sample had the same problem and the salesperson said not to worry. I know now that I should have. No one seems to care I have not had the furniture for eight hours and they said could not HELP me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO BUSINESS WITH MARLO FURNITURE.

When I went to Marlo Furniture Rockville I ordered 2 twin beds. They said it would arrive in 2-6 weeks unless a special order. They said it would arrive within that week. A month later it still wasn't here but they called and said it would arrive the next month. A month later they called and said it would arrive the next month. A month later the beds still weren't here. A few weeks later they called and said they said our merchandise had arrived at the store and we had to go pick it up. So I went to pick it up. The salesperson I worked with the first time thought I was there to buy something, yeah right. I will never ever buy anything from that store. So when we went to pick it they said we couldn't pick it up because pick up days were Tuesdays-Saturdays. Now I still don't have the beds I ordered. I can't tell you how horrible this business is. I would never recommend it to anyone.

I place a order with Marlo Furniture in Forestville on February 15th. My order was 5000.00. The salesman never told me up front that my order was special order. It took me over two months to get my sofa that was on special order. I am now awaiting on two armchair. I have been in to the office on several time ask for a corporate phone number and even asked for someone higher than the manager on duty. Well as a result I got nothing. And they're acting like I'm the one who is pestering them when I paid my money and don't have ALL my items to show. There should be something done about the way they treat people after taking their money. I mean really it's been nearly 4 months and I still don't have my items.

I paid for the bedroom set in February and was told it would take up to six weeks to deliver. After waiting for eight weeks, I only had part of my order. I was told that I would need to pay for a separate delivery for the other portion (really) after you could not deliver on time???I was told the remainder was on special order (they did not say that at the time of purchase but now changes the rules in their favor). Now it is almost four months later and guess what???...... I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY MIRROR AND CHEST OF DRAWERS with absolutely NO explanation.

Even the very apologetic manager cannot tell me when delivery of my items are expected. He does not have a clue. He said he will check with the producers and call me back......really??? When??? Year 2065??? I will hope be retired by then and not need your furniture. I will ensure that no one I know, support this 'rip off' company. Customer service here in Forestville is VERY VERY POOR.

On April 11th, my wife and I went shopping at Marlo to look at bedroom furniture. We weren't planning to purchase anything that day, but between the salesman and my wife, we ended buying a bedroom set. We paid cash outright and it was delivered pretty quickly (a few days). When the furniture arrived, the delivery guys could hardly speak English but we tried to communicate with them the best we could. After they finished(?) with putting our new platform bed together, one of them tried to tell me there was a part missing (a drawer support rail to hold 2 drawers on each side of he bed). He got on his cell phone to call someone about it, but ended up giving me the phone and I was trying my best to make this woman on the other end, understand that a major part of the bed was missing. Finally she assured me it would be resolved within a few days.

Since then it's been a total nightmare. When you call the number(s) given to check on what's going on, one of the options is "press 4 for damage and repair" and when you do, no one EVER picks it up. So, I call back and press 3 for "customer service" and you generally wait on hold for at least 15-20 minutes. When they do finally get to you, you give them all the information (again) every time you call and then they say they will call the service department (which is the press 4 option) and after a couple of minutes the person comes back on to tell me, now get ready, that NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE PHONE!!! But she'll be happy to send them an 'e-mail' to let them know I'm calling to get MY DRAWER SUPPORT RAIL THAT I PAID FOR!!!

This is the sorriest bunch of people I've ever seen or dealt with. No customer service AT ALL. They will steal your money and not think twice in doing so. I plan to take this to the next level and sue them for not honoring their own contract. I mean, it's a simple DRAWER SUPPORT RAIL!!! How difficult is that to get!!! Don't shop at this place, they're nothing but legal thieves. I will prevail...

I ordered living room furniture on March 3, 2015 and was told at the time that it was out of stock so therefore it couldn’t be delivered for 2-6 weeks. Now, 8 weeks later, I am calling them and their "customer service" department alleges that it’s the vendors fault I don’t have the items which I purchased two months ago. It appears they don’t prescribe to the old business adage of "under promise and over deliver". Not do they take responsibility for establishing reasonable expectations, factoring in the vendors timetables. Even worse, they failed to communicate in any manner and seemed burdened to even muster an apology for the inconvenience of their poor performance. I will never, ever do business with them again as it appears all they are good at is collecting ones money.

I paid for my bedroom set about March 27, received some of the bedroom set on the 18 of April where the dresser would not fit which I ask for refund. The nightstand is busted at the bottom and the draw. The headboard on the leg is chip. Still waiting on the chest and for them to repair.

Well, purchased a new mattress and got delivered, but spring box could not fit through the stairs. Delivery guy advised me to get split boxes and I called to address the issue. I encountered the most ruthless people who had no customer service. Just off the back they put you on a defensive. Just read all other comments and how much I agree with every single one of them...How sad!! I never spend a penny at Marlo Furniture again.

Marlo Furniture Company Profile