1.20/5
Based on 88 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rockville, MD

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

141 Marlo Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I went to the store in Forestville, MD and the lady was nice and I shopped around and placed an order. After they got my money, it went down the drain. True colors come out. They said someone will call me shortly to give me a delivery date. Two weeks passed by and no one called or contacted me. I went to the store again and they said one of the items is not in stock so I had to wait. After a week I went there again and was told the same thing. They said when the item is out of stock it may take up to 12 weeks for me to get a delivery. What?

I moved into a house and I will be without furniture for 3 months? Why was that not clarified before they took my money. Finally they gave me a delivery date and told me to be at home from 10 a.m to 2 p.m. Which I did. No one showed up. I called the store and some rude woman by name of Shante/Shantay (however it is spelled) said she could not find my order with my phone number. She took my first and last name and asked do I live in Landover MD, I said not even close. She asked for my name again and I spelled it for the second time, slowly and clearly. She then said a different name and asked if it was me?? I said, "NO. I spelled my name twice for you and now you are calling me with a total different name, are you paying attention?" She said "Listen, you dont have to be sarcastic". I was like excuse me?

You took my name with spellings twice, copied it and still not understanding, you are telling me I am sarcastic that I mention that you could not copy a name spelled twice? and if she had issues understanding, she could ask to repeat and I will do it again. Then she puts me on hold and a few minutes later someone else answered and asked, "How can I help you?" I said, "I was talking to someone and she has all details." She said, well she stepped out. What a mess. They dont know how to talk, Marlo's staff has no manners and they do not deliver in time. This is a badly run, not customer oriented, not having professionals but some idiots working for them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set from Marlo in March. One of the legs wouldn't stay up. I notify them and I was told that I need to put a piece of carpet underneath my bed, if not I will continue to have the same problem if I kept it on hardwood floor. All I wanted was for the leg to be replace since the screw was stripped. I was told by Kyla in customer service that the legs are not under warranty. Remind you this bedroom set is only 4 months old. If you can refrain from buying from Marlo.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: July 13, 2018

We purchased a bed from Marlo Furniture in Forestville, MD on 6/7/18 and as of 7/13/18 we still have not had a delivery. We were told order and may take longer than 2 weeks and that the product was in their warehouse, after waiting for 2 weeks. I called the corporate office and was informed that it was a special order coming from China and that part of the bed was in their warehouse and the other was due to arrive on 7/20/18. Now we are being told 8/2/18 and that it may take 16 weeks. If they are selling furniture and having a sale the item should be in the warehouse and available in a timely manner. I am just glad we did not dispose of the old bed.

I have shopped with Marlo in the past and never had this problem. I will no longer shop there. This is ridiculous. I will be writing a letter to their board of directors. Let's see how this goes. Is there actually a board of directors? Do they care. Also I believe their finance options are very questionable. Just out of curiosity I had my daughter inquire and was shocked when I heard the replies for SNAP and cannot recall the other option but one young lady said for $600.00 the payment would be $100.00 a month for 12 months. What??? I do realize that interest would be charged but that to me is predatory lending.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Worst service on all fronts. Wife and I bought $5000 worth of furniture (sectional sofa) at the Laurel store. Well, numerous phone calls later, numerous reasons why the furniture wasn't in our possession. We even got told that our sofa was on route from the UK by customer service to then be told by the sales manager that that was a lie and that it was being shipped from another state. Well 4 months have passed, my wife is stressed out due to the number of times she has reached out to them, even though we have left numerous messages for the general manager to call us. (no reply).

He then calls back saying yes there was an error and that he could give us $100 dollars off our original purchase price. We are currently contacting the head office in order to make a formal complaint. I would with all honesty avoid this store. I'm not saying all the staff are bad as our original salesperson was really nice. But soon as money was handed over it went rapidly downhill. Roody the store GM was a bad example of a store manager and should perhaps re-assess his choice of career. To be continued...

Original review: March 15, 2018

I bought an expensive sofa, they sent defective sofa with hole in it. It looks worn and dirty. It was a white sofa, but the one I got was dirty looking gray. I didn’t even wanna sit on it. I called the customer service, they said they wouldn’t replace it with a new one. They would not do a free return. For returning, I have to pay for shipping as well as 30% restocking fee. Now I am regretting why I even ordered from this furniture store. I would never go back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Marlo Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Recently I went to Marlo and ordered some furniture. They said they will deliver by 3 weeks. They delivered after 7 weeks. I had to remind and asked repeatedly when they are going to deliver. When delivered they missed two pieces. It took them another 2 weeks to deliver another two pieces. Overall bad bad customer experience.

The other complaint I have is the warranty they provide. I had bought a sofa and love seat a year and half ago with 5-year warranty paying $100. Now they say that they cannot cover some damages like peeling away of sofa seat in multiple places and shelve console not closing that I complained. The other condition they mentioned was any damage should be reported within 30 days according to terms and conditions which they never mentioned when buying the furniture. Why would I take 5-year warranty paying 100 dollars if it does not cover in that period. The warranty appears to be a scam/fraud. Don't buy any warranty and don't buy any furniture from Marlo.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I bought furniture in August and received partial financing. The financing was quick and easy. You do not received a bill until the furniture is delivered. I did not receive a bill until Oct and it was a balloon payment. I had paid something because I never received a bill. The sales person does not tell you that the no interest for a year goes away once you do not pay full payment regardless of the reason. The couch which is 4 months old has broken in the middle. I have a balloon payment of over 400$. I pay this furniture off this month totally and advise anyone going to Marlo Furniture don’t.

Original review: April 10, 2017

I had my furniture for only 2 months when it collapsed. I have been in contact for 3 months without follow through. On my last call, the CSR greeted me with "{name of rep} said she called you last week}". Not "hello"! No one from Marlo has contacted me. I will NEVER purchase from them again and will be very vocal in recommending that no one else does.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I bought a set of tables on February 19th, 2017 and was told by the salesperson that they don't have them in the stock but will receive a shipment of ten tables on February 21st and I should have them within a week. Marlo had advertised that delivery is free but salesperson added $150 for delivery charge. I asked them about free delivery advertisement and he said that applies to purchases of over $1799 but admitted that this has not been mentioned in ANY of their advertising. I agreed to pay $100. After almost six weeks they do not have the tables in the stock and they are not refunding my money. They have disconnected my phone calls and their representatives are rude and unprofessional. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR FALSE ADS AND PROMISES.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

After three months I received my Love seat which is defective - three legs on the floor and 4th leg on the sky. Marlo left it at my home, my wife on good faith accepted this as they were supposed to send a technician to check it. After five days, no response. One person name Kyla called one day at home and left an email address to send the picture to my wife. Accordingly I sent the picture. But no reply for email also.

I called them but that lady is not available (???). Someone else said, "We will send her an email(??)." Marlo is doing this stupid things with their customer. Once money is in their pocket they are done. They have no responsibility for the customer. Previously they took a wrong desk after one month from my home and when I was real angry then only they return my money. All managers are also like this - they don't want to help the customer. Customer service is worthless.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I was very impressed with the knowledge and customer service provided by Mr. Nasri **. He was very helpful and very professional. The next day after I did my purchased I already recommended him to my friend. Besides, his manager Ms. Rania ** helped us with financing and her customer service went beyond my expectation. She is very caring and professional. I have never had an experience buying furniture so delighted like I had it last Saturday with both of them. I am definitely will recommend my friend and family to go to Marlo Furniture and ask for both of them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Natalia was great. The Manager On Duty was very helpful. The young lady that took my $ was pleasant. The delivery guys not so much. One of them was speaking Spanish not knowing that I spoke and understood the language. He was making remarks about me. They scratched my newly painted walls, stained my walls. One of the pieces was damaged. I sent it back, and then I found other places that the other 2 items I kept were also damaged. When I called to report all of the issues I had, they said I could return the sofa, (4 pieces) but I would have to pay about $700 + delivery charges. I've spoken to 5 different people. They don't speak to each other, so I've had to repeat myself.

The items I got suppose to be good quality. Well it's not true. Good quality doesn't get damaged in 2 days. I don't have any pets, no kids. It's just me and the sofa is already damage from the horrible quality that the sofa is made of. The legs are plastic. Natalia didn't even know that they were made of plastic. I'm stuck with it, but I don't recommend the items that I bought to anyone. Stay away from Marlo. They SUCK!!! They take your money and then you have to talk to 5 and maybe more people and the problem is still not resolve. I want a brand new item, not the same, because it seems it's not good quality, and I can't because Marlo's policy. I will never go back and it's sad to say Its my second time I got furniture from them. The first time all went well, and Natalia was the salesperson, very nice, and helpful. She followed up, but can't do anything else. Her hands are tied.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I ordered a living set on 11/13 and was scheduled for delivery on 11/21 between 12pm-4pm. At 3:30pm I called to check on the status because no one had contacted me and I was told to call back after 4:30pm. I called at 4:00pm and was told at that point that the delivery person was running behind and that he had 4 stops before mine. I then inquired about a refund because to me this was poor customer communication. Why do I have to call and find out that the delivery driver is running behind? I was told that I could go into the store. I then informed them that I was headed to the store. I get to the store only to be told that there was no manager on duty and I would have to come back tomorrow. Really!!!

The only person who seemed to care that I wasted an entire day of work and that you had an upset customer who wanted to cancel all orders with Marlo was LeAndre at the corporate office. Here it is 6:27pm and I am still waiting. No calls to update me. Once again I had to call. I will be accepting my living furniture whenever it gets here. But that the bedroom set will be cancelled. And Marlo has just lost a customer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Had a missed delivery due to miscommunication, called, the customer service lady from Rockville and Brandywine were very impatient and rude, they treated me like a judge to a defendant. If am able to pull through and get my furniture in good shape and exact copy of what I ordered, I will NEVER order from Marlo Furniture again. I explained to the judge that I am a student and I have exam this week and next, SHE said "sorry but there is nothing we can do to help you. That the time is computer generated." I said "could you give me about a four hour window, if it fall within my exam time, I could talk to my prof to reschedule." She said "No, WE only let you pick the day but not the time." I have ordered from Raymour and Flanigan, Bob's and I never had this problem. MARLO, NEVER again. Pls ask about their delivery in details before you swipe your card.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

My furniture came with a one year warranty and I additionally purchased an extended warranty. Within weeks of my furniture purchase of a recliner set, the mechanical device that extends the leg rest bent and then broke. I have been calling Marlo customer service since early August, it is now November and not once have they called me back. When I do get through they promise they will check on the part and call me back and never do. Over a week ago I called them. I was informed that the part was ready for shipping but they didn't have a shipping container. I again was informed that they would call me back.

I am going to call again today and I am going to keep posting on this site until my furniture is repaired. I will never buy furniture from Marlo's again. Not only is the quality of their furniture very poor but they oversell this warranty and their customer service is very rude and they consistently lie! I have the names of the people in customer service that I have been speaking with and will be posting them soon.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2016

We purchased a sectional from Marlo 5 years ago, a great leather sectional for over $3k. We bought 7 pieces (which was more than standard). We were hesitant b/c we mentioned we had cats. The salesman said that's what warranties are for (cat scratches, etc). So we bought the extra warranty. Needless to say a year in when we called in to have a repair, we learned this was not so. It took a while but the manager got involved and agreed to replace our set. It was installed during the day when I was at work.

When I got home, I noticed it was smaller, thinner and the threading was slightly diff. They said this was the replacement, so we left it be. They said it was the same type of leather nonetheless. They also said we would still have our 5 year warranty, which had just under 2 years left at the time. Only they could not locate the warranty, and no one returned our calls. I called for years. We don't live super close. But even the receptionist who I could call today, and who recognizes me, admits that she's told the manager and given my msg. But they will not return my calls.

Why am I calling? Well this leather is not the same, and it has fallen to pieces, all over. And this is not from cat scratches, just general use. It is highly disappointing. I was told that a change in management occurred... but that does not mean they don't still represent Marlo. A response at minimum after 6-8 msgs, would be appreciated. They were not hostile msgs, just a request to discuss the details of our situation. Now I am going to have to drive over an hour out of my way to go there and speak and file a claim in person, because they won't take serious anything that won't come to their doorstep - not even if it's someone whose spent thousands of dollars at their store and would have continued had this been handled properly.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

I moved to a new location and bought furniture sofa set and two beds with mattress. They promised that all will be delivered from their store within four weeks. The sales agent (Michael) is so nice and knows what he is selling. When it comes to closing the deal the store manager was so rude. I asked him a discount as per the TV Ads. He nag me and indicated the doorway to leave the store. Since my wife liked the beds I accepted the price.

Before we leave the store we double checked if they can deliver the furniture within four weeks. They reconfirmed it. Now it's been 7 weeks and only sent part of our order. Last week we went back to the store and asked the district manager. He told us if they cannot deliver it by next week we can go call and cancel our order. I just called and the customer service notified me that it is not ready for delivery. She is not cooperative to forward my call to the store manager either. Ehuuuuu. I supposed to read all the complaints ahead of my order.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

My family decided to go to Marlo's and purchase two bedroom sets. It took about 8 weeks to get the furniture. After receiving the furniture I notice that it looks very cheap and you can almost see where they screwed in the nails to hold the furniture up. We also purchase two night stand. We got one night stand and the other night stand has been a nightmare. I submitted the order in for the night stands back in May 2016 and now it's late August 2016. I receive a call saying my furniture was being transferred from the warehouse to Rockville, MD and someone would be calling me. It's been three week and no one still have not call me. They had enough time to go around the world and back. Each time I have to call and take the initiative to find out what's going on with my furniture. I was promise that the lady manager of Marlo was going to call me and that's been over a month ago now.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

I went to Marlo in Rockville, Md. several times to select furnitures. I finally made up my mind to purchase beds, mattresses and other items on 6/14/16, I paid for the purchase. I was VERY clear about when I wanted the items and the salesman reassured me several times that the delivery will be within 2-6 weeks. My family was going though bereavement and I could not deal with more stress, also was expecting international guests, I was reassured, AGAIN. All will be delivered in six weeks at the latest.

Up till today, I have not heard from Marlo furniture, I called several times with no luck. The only time I got any type of information was on 7/26/16 and was told by an associate that delivery could take up to "sixteen weeks or more" and that she will have a manager call me because I was unhappy with that. My entire family has been sleeping on the rug for over two months, our guests also slept on the rug until they left, and Marlo furniture did not care, will not return my money and will not deliver the beds. I can not afford to purchase furniture elsewhere because they have my money.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I've been waiting for a sofa sectional since June 19. Marlo has missed several promised delivery dates. I've called them several times, and keep being told they're waiting for the furniture to arrive at the warehouse. Meanwhile, I paid $1,801.95 for this item. When I purchased the sectional, the salesman (John **) promised it would be delivered in 4 weeks or less. Based on other reviews I've seen, Marlo makes standard practice of lying to their customers (sounds like angry words, I know, but I don't know what else you'd call it but "lying") and not delivering items on schedule -- or at all.

Original review: July 5, 2016

Up till now I have not received my order yet. I called the corporate office. The LADY whom I spoke deliberately hang up on me because I was asking too much questions. Please don't do business with them since THEY DON'T have good customer service. VERY RUDE PEOPLE.

Original review: June 25, 2016

We have buy sofa set from from Marlo Furniture invoice no 5/17/2015. The day we have received damaged and the day of delivery the driver call the store and message was given to us that they will take care but nothing happened. This is kind request to see our complaint seriously as we are senior citizen of US. We have already informed but all in vain and we feel harassed by store. Please resolve our problem urgently. Thanks.

Original review: May 30, 2016

If had read this reviews for this store back in November I would have never purchased a nail from them. I purchased a Serta mattress from Marlo. They offered a top of the line mattress and had a lot of problems with delivery and other things which turned out to be the least of the problems. Just a few months later, they mattress bended in the middle. The manufacturer indicated that the store would work with me to get the mattress replaced. To this date after so many phone calls, letters, e-mails, etc I have decided to take legal action against this company. I do not intend to let them get away with crime. If anyone has been through same and wants to share their course of action or advice, please let me know.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Bought a dresser drawers on president's day sale. They still haven't called for pickup. It's now 5/11/16. They have lied five times about delivery time. Worst customer service ever!

Original review: March 21, 2016

I bought a living set from Marlo last year. The set was a complete rip off. The couch is began to rip in different place. The love seat is cracking and the material under the couch is coming apart. I am still paying on a bill that's a big messy. Very unhappy with my purchase. I will never buy anything from Marlo furniture again.

Original review: March 2, 2016

I went to Marlo's Furniture over the President's Day holiday to buy furniture for my basement. After going through the entire showroom with a salesman, I finally found a sofa and love seat and decided to make a purchase that was scheduled for delivery the following week. At no point during my walk through of the showroom, or at the checkout desk, did anyone mention that I would have to take a store credit if anything were to happen with my order; nor was there any signage stating this policy. So, when the delivery man arrived and told me that the furniture could not fit through my stairwell (without ever attempting) I requested a refund. He told me that the furniture was still on the truck and that I would have to wait until it was returned to the store and went back into inventory, and called his dispatcher.

I spoke with the dispatcher who repeated the same story about the furniture needing to be returned and having to go back into inventory and told me to take measurements and go back to the store to re-select new furniture. I explained that I wanted a refund and was told that I would have to contact the corporate office to request a refund. When I spoke with corporate the following day, I was told very rudely that they did not give refunds and my only option would be to come re-select furniture, but to make sure I took measurement first. At that point, I contacted my bank to file a claim and requested a refund. This is such a rip off and dishonest way to do business; they should be ashamed. Please tell everyone you know never to go to Marlo's Furniture!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

My wife and I built our dream home in 1999 and needed furniture for every room. We spent well over $10,000 with Marlo at the Rockville store. The furniture was delivered in many different deliveries and during every one of those deliveries there were either pieces of the furniture missing where it rendered the piece useless, it was the completely wrong item or it was damaged. We called so many times to customer service that we finally decided to drive to the store to talk to the management in person. After threatening them with a lawsuit I finally walked around the store and removed the needed pieces of the items we were missing. It took almost a year for us to have all of the damaged items returned and replaced with new ones. They simply blamed their delivery crew who were subcontracted to Marlo. What a joke this company is, no one cares except to take your money upfront!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

We moved to new house and we need a lot of furniture so we purchase a furniture from Marlo's on October 2015 with almost 9000,00$ dining, living and sectional. We received the living and the dining on October 22nd but we did not received the sectional. When I call them they said that it was not in the stock and they gonna deliver it. My spouse call them they said it gonna be delivered between October 30th and November 2nd. I tried to call them more one time they put me on the hold and they told me "The salesman gonna call you back" and no one call me. That was happens like 4 times.

Today I tried to call the customer service. They told me "It gonna take between 2 weeks to 14 weeks to deliver your item." Soundly when we received the dining room we found something broken in the chair and when I tried to call them to fix it they told me "We received your complaint and we gonna call you back" and no one call me. Really they have a worst customer service I ever had.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I just moved to a new house and need a lot of furniture for the new home. I placed my order six weeks in advance with Marlo and other stores. I paid a lot of money for Marlo. My living and bedroom stuffs was from them. When you give a business to a company you would think they appreciate and in response you get your service but that wasn't the case with Marlo employees. I dealt with Rockville and Laurel. All are unprofessional and incompetent. The company has no respect for their customers. They can't make their commitment to their customer. When you call to follow up, all mistreat you. They don't want to see you going in person to the store to address your issue. I can't tell you enough how top to bottom are unprofessional and incompetent. The store management has no any correction action for their faulty delivery and extended delivery time, mistakes sending the wrong order, color, etc.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

I purchase a bedroom set at Marlo. Pick the set up - we def handle with care. After open the box the mirror is crack all over. They refuse to replace it. They said I was to inspect the items before leaving the warehouse. All the items come seal in cardboard with foam lining.. Where would I sit there as a 7 months pregnant woman opening boxes.

Marlo Furniture Company Information