2. Homeowners

Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 8, 2020

This mattress is the best I've ever slept on. It is soft and plush but still very firm. The mattress contours to your movements but you don't sink into it because it's not a Tempur-Pedic. It's the old fashioned coil spring with a hand tufted top. Definitely a luxury mattress. I've had it nearly 9 months and still sleeping like a baby. No indents, still plush as the day I bought it. I also have it on an adjustable base but prefer sleeping flat. Would highly recommend.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Macy's mattresses lasts a very long time. I go to Macys for my mattresses for years. Dont know any other place to go to or that will top Macys. Delivery is always on time, and they will remove your old mattresses.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Customer service were more attentive than other mattress store. They had wider variety of mattresses, since they are not trying to promote a brand of their own. It is also convenient as you can buy furniture there as well and bundle up savings.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought from a Macy’s because of 10 yr warranty and lifetime on mattresses pad. They changed how they do thing now. There is a long process. Very disappointed in co. I’ve tried to get a mattress pad. Everything is done by I posting pics of all unless they approve I’m the buyer if I say it’s falling apart ok if I say I’m the one sleeping on it. I know more info than them. I will try again today to see if I can get though.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Purchased not one, But 2 Mattresses at the same time for 2 beds, Easy enough right??? Nope, after I completed transaction, Then I am told they are not in Stock, "OK, How long," "10 Days," OK, I can live with that, 16 days later, I finally get someone on the phone, Not The automated machine!!!! 3 calls later I figured out prompts to get around it, Guy has an attitude, Doesn't try to help in Delivery department, Only tells me that after 16 days, and even though I paid delivery and upfront, It will take another 6 days to get them here, THEY ARE ALL BACKED UP. I should have gone ahead and purchased from any one of the other stores, And Yes I am the highest level of Customer that Macy's has and this is how they treat their good customers, and they wonder why AMAZON is putting them outta business!!!! I dont!!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased a 3pc sectional in September 2020. I received the delivery in February 2021 but only got 2 pieces. I called customer service, they sent out an inspector to verify the missing piece. After 4 calls to customer service, I was told it was my fault for not ordering in person or over the phone because I decided I only wanted 2 pieces so that’s how I ordered it? There is no option to custom built these sofas, I clicked quantity (1) for 3pc sectional. After 3 customer service that told me they would take care of it, the fourth rep said I should never order furniture on line and I only ordered two pieces and if I wanted third piece I either needed to pay for it or pay 15% restocking fee and arrange and pay for delivery to them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Wanted to send a big heads up to anyone buying from Macy's Furniture online. If the company decides their prices are too low they or that they made a mistake in pricing - they will cancel your order with a generic email and will not offer any other discount or to waive delivery fees etc. I was debating between 2 sectionals one at a boutique and one at Macy's. When the Macy's couch went on sale I purchased it online. The next day they confirmed my order. Then this morning they canceled my order saying it was an online pricing error. Now the couch at the boutique is gone and I have no other options. Very upset. This seems like a bait and switch tactic.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I ordered a sofa at Macy's on Nov 11th. I was told there was a 4-6 week lead time. I went to two other furniture shops and was told they were experiencing a 3-4 month lead time so I bought from Macy's. I was misled. The communication around the sofa delivery has been horrible. I will never buy anything more from Macy's online or in the store.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Discounted couch purchased online underneath large red text that stated free shipping. I just moved into a new apartment and needed a couch. I don't need a sleeper sofa or anything ornate. Basic looking grey couch seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. The price was fair in comparison to other couches online and I had good confidence in shopping at Macy's. The bottom line, couch is not worth the discount price. The couch frame is incredibly flimsy. The cover material is of good quality, looks good but I can't foresee it lasting. Just sitting down the frame seems like it is going to break. If it was worth the money I wouldn't have felt so bad about this purchase.

Macy's Furniture is crooked. Macy's Furniture is running a dishonest business. Big red font on the screen stating free shipping. The receipt showed free shipping and the total in large font. Later on closer inspection another total was underneath with a special shipping change and an additional total. I didn't see it- Look at me, I am dumb and was easy to ripoff. I can't do a thing about it. Fine print stating special shipping fee is non-refundable, order needed to be canceled within a time that had already passed by the time I saw the charge on my credit card. Congratulations on the last thing I will ever buy from Macy's.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Let me start by saying I regret purchasing furniture from Macy's. I purchased a sofa and decorative chair, the decorative chair had to be replaced after we found out it was missing screws, the person who came out (3rd party) determined he could not fix and chair had to be replaced. The sofa.... Where do I start. This piece of crap is not even 2 years old and the right hand side of the sofa has sunken in so bad, your butt can literally touch the floor, you would think a minivan has been sitting there.

They had another (third party) come out who said to me they could not fix it as the issue would reoccur if cushion was replaced. He said he would submit info to Macy's for final resolutions. After a few days and no calls I contacted them, they stated this was categorized as normal wear and tear... What you having a sofa that is not even 2 years with 1 side hitting the floor is normal wear and whattt.... I contacted Macy's who was of no use. The 3rd party they sent out clearly stated there was no fix. I have had toilet paper last longer than this sofa. Conflicting information, sub par products and one very disappointed customer with a useless sofa... Sofa lifespans should not be a year and 5, my last sofa lasted 5 years. Macy's furniture is a joke. I'm staying away from them all together thanks to this experience.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information