Macy's - Furniture
3.38/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

DO NOT BUY FROM MACY'S FURNITURE. It is a waste of time, energy and peace of mind to order from Macy's furniture! I ordered a dining room set that they assured me would fully be in stock on October 20th. I needed this for Thanksgiving. Four phone calls later and having numerous lies told to me, I get an email on November 7th stating that my order is expected to arrive 1/14/2020! Are they serious? After being strung along and lied to for 3 weeks I spoke with a "supervisor" and cancelled my order. I should have heeded all the bad reviews I read about Macy's furniture and never ordered in the first place. Please take the advice of all the reviews that have been written and stay away from Macy's Furniture.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Shop elsewhere. My husband purchased a couch from Macy’s - and it has been nothing but awful. The purchase was made on October 5 - First sign we should've have taken our money elsewhere - they stated they couldn’t take two forms of payment and said we would need to purchase $2200 in gift cards and the remaining on Macy’s credit. After being on the phone with Macy’s for HOURS my husband finally gave in and purchased the sectional. When he was going to buy the sectional online - it listed the product was in stock and the delivery would be in two weeks. Then after dealing with them online and the phone, and making the transaction customer service stated - sorry - now it’s out of stock and delivery will be scheduled for 11/5. 2nd sign we should have just asked for our money back.

Fast forward to today 11/2 - I call to check the status and was told that the order will actually not be in Macy’s warehouse until 11/20 and the delivery will be scheduled at that time. Strike 3. I’m sure it will be December before our couches arrive. Ridiculous. Shop elsewhere. I’m hoping my husband just cancels everything and we take our money elsewhere. Bet we would have something new to sit on in a week.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased furniture (which according to their website was in stock) from Macy's. I have now had receipt of the furniture at their warehouse pushed back 3 separate times. Every week I call for an update and every week I received the info that the delivery date to their warehouse will be the following week. Word to the wise, do not purchase furniture from Macy's if you think because their website says it is in stock that you will receive the furniture in a timely manner. There is a very high probability that receipt of the "in stock" furniture will be pushed out over and over again. $2500 and they can't even be bothered to update me on the status of the furniture or give me an accurate date of when it will even be in my city let alone my living room. I will never purchase anything from Macy's again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

DO NOT BUY!!!! They will not cover what it says they will (in my option). I have to say that because they could sue me HA HA. What I had was a kitchen table and set of chairs. You guessed it. Had a damage to one of the seats and they denied it. Try to get refund and after 2 years they only gave me $100 of my $500 back.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We purchased a sectional sofa from Macy's. We were given a two hour window by the delivery people. They did contact us and gave us a new two hour window because they were running late. We were given a checklist of things they would do when bringing in our furniture. They did NOT put out carpet, or floor protectors or wear show protectors before entering our home like the list says they will do. They discussed the set up location for our sectional, but when I asked for a different configuration they said that wasn't possible. My husband and I did rearrange it the way I wanted and It WAS Possible. They did not wipe down the merchandise or discuss anything with me. I felt these two men were in a big hurry to leave, as evidently they were running late. The younger man, Hector, was willing to do some adjusting, but Javier said it couldn't be done. I was very disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We spent around $4,000 on a sectional sofa and an additional $500 for the WORRYNOMORE extended warranty. The sales person convinced us that we need not worry with the warranty and that stains were covered. When we did have a stain and called the warranty company, they denied the claim. I then tried to buy new cushions for my sofa and Macy's sent their technician to my house. He said that the stains should have been covered and put me on the phone with a Macy's representative who could not have been less helpful. She said she could not help and transferred me to the WORRYNOMORE warranty people who said there was nothing they could do. Do not be fooled and buy this warranty. Once the sale is in, they are not helpful at all.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I ordered a bed from Macy's and set the date when I moving into the apartment; but the bed didn't come; I have tried to schedule it 4 times every time they charge my credit card with additional full amount and driver even doesn't call. I had to make my 2 years old sleep without bed on Mattress for 2 weeks; thanks for Macy's team for that.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have ordered and purchased so many sofas and furniture over the years but this experience has been by far the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. First off, I ordered this sofa back in May 2018. It was not delivered until the end of July. Then when it was delivered the pillows were damaged and had stains from the delivery drivers and their dirty hands. So not sure what kind of white glove service I was paying for. The delivery guy and myself called customer service to have both pillows replaced. They assured me my pillows would be sent out soon. I had to call another three times to see where my pillows were considering it was the end of August by then. The lady said she would ship them out ASAP. But I thought this was already taken care of?!?!

Come September I finally get pillows, but they were the same color as my sofa. So I had to call back once again to tell them they made a mistake and I needed the pillows that match my sofa. They assured me they would put a rush order because at this point I was beyond annoyed. We are now in the beginning of October and I call once again and the woman says “They are suppose to be shipped out today”. Really?!?! Well let’s hope so lady because this has become a nightmare. I will NEVER buy any furniture from Macy’s again!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set from Macy's Furniture store for my son in Oct 2014; and purchased the Worry No More warranty service. Five months later in March 2015 the bed frame slats broke, I submit a claim (# **) and they come out to "fix" the bed. Later in Dec 2016, the dresser drawers come apart (track system), I submit a claim (# **) and they come out to fix the drawer. In March 2016, Feb 2018, Aug 2019, and Sep 2019, I had to call Macy's to come out and fix the same problem--broken bed slats and frame support. Claim #s ** respectively.

In August 2019, it took over a month to get a technician out to fix the bed and as a result we had to put the mattress on the floor. My son had to sleep on a floor due a defective product. I advised Macy's of situation, and that I no longer wanted to deal with this defective bed I paid my hard earned money for, and asked that we get a replacement. The customer service rep I spoke with advised that they fully understood and that Macy's would honor this request. Only for them to go back on their word, and said they would not replace and that a technician would come out and fix. In Sep 2019, the technician finally came out to "fix" the bed and within an hour of him "fixing" it BROKE AGAIN!!! I contact Macy's to advise them of how highly disappointed I am at this point, which ultimately fell on deaf ears, as I just received notice that I technician will be in contact with him to repair.

Let's be clear Macy's, there is no repairing of a defective product/bed. Please do the right thing and honor my request for a replacement. I'm frustrated that it has taken this long to remedy this problem. I will never purchase another item from Macy's furniture store, nor Macy's for that matter; and will advise anyone I know to not purchase. They do not value their customers. It is evident in how they handled this issue. I'm highly disappointed. I expected better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Purchased Sanibel Bedroom set for my daughter. Confirmed via phone with salesperson that order would be placed following morning. Was advised it would not be for another month until the furniture was available. This was about mid August. I called salesperson about beginning of September and was advised that he forgot to place the order. They would honor the sale price originally quoted but the order was not going to be shipped until Mid October to late October and available shortly after that assuming beginning of November. My 12 year old daughter loved the set and was willing to wait.

Toward the end of September I phoned customer service and was informed that there were 6 of the storage beds in the warehouse, but not the other items. This was great as we had purchased a mattress from Sit and Sleep and we were fine just having the storage bed and wait on the other items. The storage bed was scheduled for delivery and arrived when said but there was a piece that had a crack in it and the color appeared much darker than what we had seen as the sample at Macy's. The bed was returned and delivery scheduled another bed in replacement.

This bed arrived and as I read another review the hardware was absent. The staff who delivered the bed were professional. They contacted the shipping department and placed a representative on the phone who apologized for the item and assured me another crew would follow up the following day with the hardware and assemble the bed. I took him at his word and had the delivery people place the large shipping boxes in my daughter's room. I wanted to give Macy's the benefit of the situation and did not want to make extra work for them. I never received any communication the following day. No follow up from anyone and no delivery information via email. I did not get the name and title of the representative I spoke to the prior day.

I called customer service who called the facility where the goods originated from and I was advised that there was no record of anybody scheduled to follow up. I felt like an idiot for attempting to be a decent person and allowing the delivery team to leave the shipping boxes in my daughter's room where they sit today. My daughter is displaced out of her room.

It is now 72 hours and NOBODY from the delivery department or shipping has contacted me to explain or provide any update. The sales manager has apologized and is embarrassed at how the situation is being addressed but cannot do anything to rectify the situation. I cannot comment on the quality of the items as they have not been assembled. What I can comment on is the terrible way this situation has been handled by Macy's and Macy's delivery department and would strongly warn those purchasing furniture items at Macy's to think twice as Macy's definitely drops the ball when it comes to getting what you ordered.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information