2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 8, 2020

This mattress is the best I've ever slept on. It is soft and plush but still very firm. The mattress contours to your movements but you don't sink into it because it's not a Tempur-Pedic. It's the old fashioned coil spring with a hand tufted top. Definitely a luxury mattress. I've had it nearly 9 months and still sleeping like a baby. No indents, still plush as the day I bought it. I also have it on an adjustable base but prefer sleeping flat. Would highly recommend.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Customer service were more attentive than other mattress store. They had wider variety of mattresses, since they are not trying to promote a brand of their own. It is also convenient as you can buy furniture there as well and bundle up savings.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought from a Macy’s because of 10 yr warranty and lifetime on mattresses pad. They changed how they do thing now. There is a long process. Very disappointed in co. I’ve tried to get a mattress pad. Everything is done by I posting pics of all unless they approve I’m the buyer if I say it’s falling apart ok if I say I’m the one sleeping on it. I know more info than them. I will try again today to see if I can get though.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

We bought a leather couch from the Macy's furniture store. They were very helpful and they sell quality furniture. Our couch has held up very well and we have had it for over 3 years with no issues. The leather is quality, not like the cheap overlay they sell everywhere else. When we first bought it one of the recliner's hinge was not squared up properly, they replaced it with no problem.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

The Macy's Furniture Gallery in Carle Place is fantastic! The selection of furniture is humongous! There are such a great selection of everything you are looking for, in different styles and colors. You can try out all the furniture, sofas, recliners etc. Everything that requires electric is plugged in so you can try it. There are a big number of sales associates there to help you out with your questions and purchase. They will let you know if the price on that day is the best, or it will be lower maybe next week etc. If you have any problem with the furniture, they will take it back, and send another until you are satisfied. Love this place and recommend it to everyone!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I recently bought a Twin XL mattress from Macy's for a guest bedroom. I ordered online, as I bought the same brand and type of bed I had bought from Macys four years ago in a King size. The bed delivery was delayed by several weeks due to Covid, but I was notified in advance and not a big deal. The delivery date came and everything went really smoothly (the delivery guys were awesome). However, in testing out the bed by sleeping on it for a few nights, I realized it didn't sleep the same at all as my King size bed. We compared the mattress tags, and saw that while the type of materials were the same, the percentages of the materials had changed. The bed just wasn't the sleep experience we wanted, and attributed it to these changes.

I called Macy's to return the mattress, and about 40 minutes later I actually got through to a live person. I explained I wanted to return the bed, and they indicated no problem. They set up a date for the return, and indicated that the money I had paid would be returned to my credit card after they had receipt of the mattress. The date for the return came, and the delivery men were again really wonderful. However, the hell began when I finally got notice of the return amount on my credit card. It was short by $495.00 dollars. I called Macys thinking that they had simply made a mistake. After an hour waiting to talk to someone, I got a live person, and they indicated to me that the $495 was the return fee!!!!

I explained that I had not been told of this amount as a return fee, and the customer representative told me that there was nothing he or his manager could do since the ticket had been closed. They offered me 15% off another item - as if this would compensate for the $495 I was now out. I feel that Macys acted in error to not have informed me of the $495 return fee when I called to return the mattress, and should have made it right when I called after the money was credited. I can understand a $100 return fee, but $495? This is a huge amount of money, and should have been disclosed.

Original review: June 26, 2020

This protection plan is a scam. I purchased an expensive dinning room set and was sold the protection plan that after 7 years..if not used can get my money back. I one time I did try to use it -- "it was not covered under the plan". Now that I have called after 7 years -- asking for my money back... I'm past my claim date. I have bought furniture and expensive carpets from Macy's Furniture--no more. I feel like it was a way to scam people of their hard earned money. Buyers beware!!

Original review: June 23, 2020

We purchased a couch from Macy's. The salesperson strong armed us into the "Worry No More" protection plan for over $200. The plan claims to cover just about everything you can imagine. For our first claim we had some spills, we used their cleaning kit. It didn't work, so we filed a claim. They ignored the claim. Upon such follow up they sent a cleaning kit and closed the claim and ignored. PROBLEM NOT SOLVED.

A couple years later, still under warranty, the couch frame broke. They declined the claim. Upon further pressure they sent out and inspector who cut open the bottom of the couch, agreed that the damage "just happens sometimes" and confirmed it was pretty normal. However, he is a third party contractor and has no say in the matter, he just sends in the photos.

Unsurprisingly the claim was closed citing "Based on the information and photos provided, it appears that the damage is a result of improper care and maintenance of the reported item. Unfortunately, the plan that you purchased specifically excludes improper maintenance, care and neglect. Please refer to the terms and conditions for detailed coverage and exclusion information. Thank you for your understanding." This warranty plan is a total scam. DO NOT PURCHASE.

Original review: June 16, 2020

My wife and I bought a sectional sofa from Macy's. Three of the sections are recliners driven by electric motors. We are an elderly couple that protects our belongings. We use the recliners only in the evenings to watch shows and we are very careful in how we use them. We purchased the WORRYNOMORE plan for almost $400 because we were concerned about the possible costs of having a motor fixed. Two motors have failed and Warranty Service refuses to fix them based upon a technicality. The plan is a fraud and we plan to report them to the fraud departments in California and Florida.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I went to Macy's because I wanted quality furniture. That was a mistake. After 3 months the fabric on my $2k sofa is pilling. The supervisor and manager in customer service both told me "some fabrics pill in 3 -5 months, it's not a defect". SERIOUSLY. At least my sofa from Big Lots lasted 2 years!

Macy's - Furniture Company Information