Logan Furniture

Lynn, MA

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumers, please be ADVISED - when and if you decide to purchase something from here please be aware that the insurance they offer is useless. I bought a sectional along with insurance because it promised to cover spills and wear and tear damage. A year after we purchased it we noticed the material was getting bubbly and soon it started to peel.

When this started to happen I tried setting up a claim with the insurance online but was unsuccessful because they couldn't find the account. I then called the store to see if they had a way track insurance information and they told me they would get back to me - never got a callback. I tried the insurance company via phone and when I finally got through to somebody they too couldn't find any information on my purchase. They did, however, send me a form to send back. By this time the sectional is getting worse, more of it is peeling and I don't know what is causing it! I fill out the form and send it back then time goes on and never get a callback.

After waiting for news we try calling them again and we were given the runaround that they hadn't received anything. After 6 months of trying multiple times to get this resolved, we gave up. We gave and with mixed feeling moved the sectional out of the living room. With a house full of kids and expensed purchasing expensive furniture like this, every 2 years was not in our budget. Our living room is now empty until we save up to buy better quality furniture elsewhere. This too happened with my mother's sectional that she bought around the same time I did and she doesn't have any young children so I guess it was just cheap material being sold as something durable when it isn't. Way to get money out of the middle-class worker (The pictures attached of when I first made the complaint to the insurance - eventually all that peeled plus more).

This is NOT A COMPLAINT, I just wanted to give a special Thanks to CRYSTLE. On Wednesday I had to call the Dorchester store due to the Avon store is only open 3 days a week. Which I'm so glad I did. I bought a table on eBay (from Fla.). It ended up costing me $2,000.00 by the time I had to have it packaged and shipped!!!!!! I've been looking for chairs now for 3 months!!! I just want to say this woman is EXCELLENT at what she does!!! I loved everything about her. She helped me so much, explained everything to me. I really felt good after speaking with her. She doesn't rush you. She really takes the time to make sure you understand everything. Even though the Avon store is much closer, I will be taking my business to the Dorchester store so that she will handle my order.

Oh, by the way I found out that she won't even make a commission off the sale but is still willing to help me. Anyone else would have said go to another store. She's such a great person. I just wanted Logan Furniture to realize what a GREAT PERSON that they have working for them. I'm going to bring her a little something to show her how much I appreciate what she did for me. There's more to the story but too long to write. Thank You so much Crystle!!!! So happy, I'm coming to see you this week.

I purchased a Timberline Queen Poster Bed w/ Storage, Dresser, Mirror, Chest & Night Stand bedroom set, and it was supposed to come with storage on both sides of the bed. But they sent the set with only one set of drawer for one side of the bed! When I call them to ask for the other set of drawers, they told me that I will have to pay $139 more bucks to get it! In other words; THEY ARE TRICKING PEOPLE to get more profit..! Now, I have a huge gap on one side of the bed, and I will have to spend more money and will have to wait 3 more weeks to get the other set of drawers.! IT IS NOT FAIR... : (

A little over a year ago I bought a king size Serta mattress from Logan. I only went in because they said they had a sale going on and I wanted a bigger bed. Anyways, I go in and find the bed I want. The sales guy (who originally told me he was the manager), told me the last mattress left was the floor model and that I could take it for the sale price. So I took it. About 2 months after I had the mattress the whole entire thing became lopsided. I started having neck and back pain, it was awful. I tried switching the mattress around and when I went to do that, I noticed that the mattress had become discolored with an odor almost looking like a pee stain but it wasn't. I called the store freaking out and demanding that someone comes to take a look at my mattress. They told me that they could not because I bought the floor model and had to deal with it as is. I explained the manager told me that I had a one year warranty through Logan for a floor model plus my warranty from Serta. The woman then explained the man I had bought the mattress from was not even a manager and that he no longer worked there. I then asked her to file a claim with Serta and she also told me I could not.

I hung up the phone livid and thought I had just made a bad business deal buying a floor model and that I had to live with it. About 5 months ago, a friend of mine also bought a mattress from a different place and I just happened to ask one of the employees from another store if my situation was handled properly. He told me no and had me call Serta. They then explained that they could file a claim and that Logan had to do so. Now I was even more furious! My husband drove down here and demanded they file a claim and after 3 days of giving him a hard time they finally did it. Well, the Serta guy came today and could not believe what I had been going though. There was something that had been sprayed on the mattress at some point to clean in that the store must have done and failed to mention. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE SCAMS and will be filing a lawsuit.

I had some very bad experience with Logan furniture. I bought a sofa and a set of mattresses which has very bad quality, I been complaining for the past year and nothing have never been done. Logan furniture are very bad and cheap quality. I need an answer or I will take this further. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Logan Furniture?

I got the most terrible experience at Logan Furniture, Dorchester store. The staffs are incompetent with no customer skills. I ordered a living room set on March 09, 2013, received the set on the 16th of March and noticed the loveseat was damaged with a broken arm. I called the store and was told by Olga to take pictures of the broken piece. Three days later, Olga told me the piece will be replaced. I called two days after speaking with her and was told they were just waiting on the approval from the store manager. I called the main office, spoke with General Manager Khalil ** regarding the replacement. We had a long conversation and he told me his staff does not have any right to make a decision in terms of replacement; the love seat would be repaired.

The loveseat was picked up on April 12, 2013 from my home and I was told repair would be complete in 3 days. Today is April the 19th. He still has not called with the status of the chair and Olga said she never said anything regarding the chair being replaced. I am very displeased and angry with the treatment that I received as a customer. I am not sure what to do from here.

I just received what was supposed to be a new bedroom set but wasn't! What I received is a totally damaged set. I've been calling them but all I got is a different number. Even the warranty I paid for is a big lie. I called them too and they said that it's my problem, got nothing to do with them. The $100 gift certificate turns out to be a coupon so I have to spend another $300 to be able to get the $100. I don't know a store keeps doors open until today! Maybe that's why when I went, there were no cars at the parking lot!

I purchased a bedroom set on Dec 2, 2011 and paid in full and set a delivery date for Dec 28th. I took the day off from work and when I called later that day, I was given excuse after excuse as to why I would not be getting my furniture that day. I have made many calls and spoken to many managers and the newest story was that they had sold me a set that was not in stock but it would be in the warehouse this past Wednesday. I have tried to get a manager to call me back regarding a delivery date and I still have not received a callback. I am furious to say the least and am sleeping on a mattress on the floor since December! I'm a great-grandmother and still work full-time and cannot afford to take another day off from work, but need my bedroom set. I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do.

Since August 14th, 2011, I purchased a sofa, love seat and a rocker recliner from Logan Furniture. From August until now, I'm continuing to hear lies after lies. I paid in full since August 14th, 2011. I would like to file a lawsuit against those liars a.s.a.p. and receive my money back.

I got the most terrible experience at Logan Furniture, Dorchester store. The manager is incompetent, liar and with zero customer skills. I ordered a sectional sleeping sofa since December 2009. After 2 months, half of my sectional was delivered at my house without any phone call from the store that the other half was damaged and returned to the manufacturer. I need to call myself the store to know what was going on. The manager told me not to worry because I would have my other half of the sofa in a week. The month has passed and not a single phone call from the store. After several phone calls, I went to the store myself and changed my order since at that point I didn't think that I am getting my order at all. I am waiting for my refund check for a month now, and when I called the main office, the store manager didn't even submit the refund check. This will be my last experience at that store and I will tell all my friends not to go near that store.

On Feb 6th, 2010, my wife and I purchased a living room set. Before the purchase was made, we asked the store manager Yari if we could get a different color legs (dark brown) as it would better match with the set we were getting. So beside ordering different color fabric (mocha), we also ordered different color legs (dark brown). Yari told us that she will put an order through to have them delivered. Delivery date was set for 3/13/10. On delivery date, we received the living room set with the correct color fabric but different color legs not the ones we asked for and that was promised to us.

Immediately we called and I spoke to Yari who apologized for the mishap and put another order through to get a correct color legs sent to us. On March 30th 2010, we received the call from the store employee Tanya who stated that the vendor/warehouse sent, once again, different color legs not the ones we ordered it (dark brown). I was very displeased and asked Tanya to speak with the higher manager. Finally, three days later, Friday April 2nd manager, I believe his name is Khalil (sp) called me. While we had a long conversation we didn't get anywhere except him telling me that he needs to speak to his staff to find out what happened.

Apparently, I can not have different color legs with this particular living room set. This was never disclosed to me during the original purchase as having a correct color legs was the one of the conditions for us to buy this set. While Khalil tried to explain situation to me, I found him to be very abrupt with the statements: "Listen to me", "You need to think outside of box", "I need to confirm with my staff what you are telling me". Needless to say, two weeks have gone by and I have not heard back from anyone and my living room set sits in my room without legs.

One of the problems is that the sleeper sofa on the set can not be used as the Sleeper can not be used as mechanism on the sleeper can be damaged due to missing legs if opened. (This is per the employee who delivered furniture on 3/13/10). So, the sleeper, the love seat, and the chair all of them missing legs and we do not use the living room because of this. I am not sure where do I go from here. Thanks.

Logan Furniture Company Profile