2. Homeowners
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.7/5 (1478 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The recliner I want to purchase costs around $600.00, but the fabric that I want adds an additional $800.00! What the?? Is this fabric made of gold strands woven by fairy nymphs? This alone will deter me from making a purchase, and I’m disappointed about it.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

We are retirees and have been La-Z-Boy customers for years. Almost 6 months ago we visited the Clearwater store and ordered a sofa. We gave them a $1,943 deposit and were told at the time that it would probably be a 6 month wait. We haven’t spoken to anyone since the original order, so I called the other day just to touch base and see if there were any updates since we’re almost at the 6 month mark; not to press for a quicker delivery time, not to get a definitive delivery date, but just to see IF there was an update. Every time I’ve called for the past couple of weeks I’m told that no one is available and that “someone will call me back in about 10 minutes.” We still haven’t been able to speak to anyone. I thought maybe if they really are that busy it might be quicker & easier for our salesman Tom to respond if I e-mailed him instead. No response.

Now we’re really getting apprehensive because they are completely ghosting us, they have almost $2,000 of our money and we have no idea if or when we might be getting our order. We understand that things get really busy sometimes, but to cut off all contact with the customer AFTER you get their money is really deplorable customer service. Their furniture quality used to be outstanding, but in recent years both their quality and customer service have been on a steady decline (read the online reviews). I wish we had taken our order somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Worst customer service and am left with no option but to post here and BBB in hopes of getting a refund and them to just come get the couches. I bought $5567.64 worth on two new sofas that arrived broken. I waited a month and half for someone to come out because I understood with COVID and demand that was the soonest they could get someone out and that was okay, that person then broke the couches even more, didn't even fix them I understood accidents happen and figure La-Z-Boy would fix the problem.

I finally get a hold of customer service in July and they offer warranty of store credit to repurchase. UMMM I never received the item I paid for a working new couch, I received a broken new couch that was then broken even more by their own employee. Then they say I can go a rebuy. At the time they were $900 cheaper (now 5 months later of dealing with this and they are 1200 cheaper) and I was just supposed to be okay with $900+ store credit to use in the store I bought from and nowhere else.

Well we are military and that doesn't work very well when we move a lot and second I don't want $900 store credit. I have no desire to purchase any other furniture. I have all the pieces I want and can fit in my house. They won't refund my money and come just come get them because that it where I am at with this. They say warranty but it can't be a warranty issue if I never received the items I paid for. I paid for a working new couch and have not received that, they won't just reorder the same couches for me. I call and get told we will reach out to the store and call you back and NO ONE EVER CALLS OR EMAILS ME BACK.

I am stuck always calling on a Saturday because I work for a local school district and don't get off till their customer service line closes at 3pm west coast time. At this point the couches are still in the same condition I received them. I want a refund and them to send people to come get them. They can have them back. I'm not even being a "Karen" and being like well I want to keep them and get a refund or I want to replace them and refund me a partial or whatever. No at this point I want the refund of the amount stated above and you to come get them so I can be done with this.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Case **. Purchased Jan 26 with a schedule delivery 6-8 weeks. No one followed up to inform me how late the delivery would be. WANT A FULL REFUND. Shoddy workmanship. Cancelled appointments to resolve.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

My brand new Brentwood chair broke in two pieces after sitting in it less than 10 times, in less than a month after it was delivered 2 months late. La-Z-Boy refused to take their defective chair back and instead is making me wait more than a month with a broken chair in my living room before they come out to...fix it?? La-Z-Boy believes it is acceptable to force a customer to keep a defective, "fixed" chair. Sadly, this was my first experience with La-Z-Boy and it's been very low quality.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Took a year to get LaZBoy to stand behind warranty on a sectional that had to be replaced due to inferior fabric. Then another 8 months to receive the new furniture. I received a wrong piece which has a problem and a sectional recliner that has a problem. Lazyboy says 8 months for the correct piece and don't have any answer on recliner section yet. LAzyboy has no service, they do not take care of existing customers, instead it appears you are flooding the market with inferior products of which you give customers the runaround hoping we will let it drop and go elsewhere. Sorry that's how I feel. My biggest mistake was buying lazyboy again. I should have learned the first time.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Initially I offered a great review to La-Z-Boy based on their sales team. However, both of my BRAND NEW RECLINERS needed major repairs. The first was in the shop for two months when the cheap fabric started unraveling. While it was being fixed, I splurged in March 2021 and bought a higher end leather, powered recliner. Within the first month, I knew it needed repair, but LZB makes the customer take it to their repair center, and as a 100% disabled veteran with major back problems, I had to wait.

Finally got it in the first of July, and after a promise of getting it back in a month, they ghosted me until the end of August. I finally caught up with their company advocate (CSR), and asked for a replacement. She said since I'd had my chair since March 2021, I couldn't get a replacement. She said she didn't know when they would be able to repair my brand new recliner. All of their "leather" was going to new production, and they didn't have a few scraps to fix my chair that they damaged. So here it is 3 months later, and they all act like they don't know me. Escalated all the way to corporate, and they won't respond.

Facebook groups about La-Z-Boy's horrible treatment has literally tens of thousands of unsatisfied customers and their horror stories about this greedy company. I complained to the state attorney who called me right back, and finally had to see an attorney to get this sorted out. Bad company, cheap furniture, questionable leather. They won't special order for you anymore, claiming it can take 6 months or longer, so they talk you into a floor model. That's just one mistake, don't take a floor model because they've been abused. Frankly, don't order anything either because their quality is in the gutter. You can get better quality and prices at BigLots.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We ordered our furniture almost 4 months ago. It is now two months late. I realize there is a reason for this however our sales person is never in the store, never returns phone calls and there is never a manager available to speak with. No one else in the store has the ability to look up any information on my order. This is extremely frustrating. As soon as we completed the sale and our credit card was charged they could not care less about their customer. This would definitely be our last purchase at La-Z-Boy

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Buyer Beware. Received a defective chair after waiting for over 6 months for delivery, have had service guy out 3 times to get chair fixed and it has been deemed as unable to be repaired. At this point it has been a year since I ordered my furniture and just want my money back for the defective chair that they said they cannot fix. They only want to offer store credit and then are still 4-6 months out on delivery. Sad part is I have been a La-Z-Boy customer for years - but never again. I do not want store credit - I never want to give this company another dollar. Their customer service is horribly lacking.

When we made our purchase in Sept 2020 we were told we would have it by the first week of December, within a week our sales representative (Breanna) called to say it would be February. Very deceiving sales tactics. We have had nothing but issues with the entire process and now we find out that the Lexington Store is the pushing back on giving us a refund. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I recently purchased a recliner from this La-Z-Boy store. After about 12 months of light use one of the seams had begun to separate. This chair was supposed to be backed by a 10 year extended warranty program which La-Z-Boy is not honoring. I have spent weeks trying to get this repaired under warranty with no luck. La-Z-Boy Canada uses a third-party company to handle their warranty claims and they look for loopholes, so they do not have to back their warranty promise. Buyers be aware this is not the same company it used to be. Save your hard earned money and shop elsewhere with a company that values integrity and ethics.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information