2. Homeowners
La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

3.8/5 (1493 ratings)

About La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries

La-Z-Boy is one of the world’s leading residential furniture producers. We manufacture a full line of comfortable products for the living room and family room, including the our famous recliners, reclining sofas and love seats, sleep sofas, modular furniture and leather upholstery, as well as stationary sofas, love seats and chairs.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about La-Z-Boy?

Original review: June 25, 2021

I bought a recliner chair with painted wood arms. The paint on the arms started peeling after two months. I reported it to La-Z-Boy and they told me that this is caused by wear and tear, possibly because I wear a watch. Paint on the chair arms peels easily and LA-Z-Boy will not stand behind it. They will find every excuse possible to get out of their warranty responsibility.

Original review: June 24, 2021

We live in Georgia and have had the most horrible customer service and quality experience. We bought two electric recliners last year and both have had severe problems. One of them still has not been fixed and so broken that we can't use it. The local store has changed employees and not returned our calls. Several employees told me that 2020 was a banner year for sales for La-z-boy so I'm assuming that customer service tanked during this time. My husband asks them if we could exchange the electric for a manual and they were very quick to inform us that this would not happen. If anyone has had any success with the corporate office please message me.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Couch looks terrible. Did not last 1 year. Customer service refused to come out! Said padding sliding back is not under warranty. Our last couch (Lane) lasted over 20 years. I have purchased 2 recliners, 2 sofa sleepers and this large sectional. WHAT A TOTAL waste of money. Will be my last purchase and I am sure to tell everyone that comes over that this sectional is a La-Z-Boy and they can see for themselves how bad the quality is!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I went to the Asheville store on May 24th wanting to buy c colorful sofa. The website showed several in stock on the website with the style and colors we wanted. We went in and was told that due to Covid and shortages, nothing was in stock. We didn't know but wasn't "shocked" as it's the new reality. We asked what was the earliest they would have and in what style/color. They had one coming in July and while it wasn't what we wanted but since this is happening everywhere, we went ahead and accepted it. We weren't allowed to make any changes as it would delay it till next year. So we bought it "as is". I got their store credit card and signed and received my copy. We were reassured there was 4 coming in July and one of them was ours.

I called this week (6/17/21) for an update if they had any idea of beginning or end of July only to be told it's now November. This wasn't acceptable to us and we went in person to request a refund. That's when the store manager all of sudden did a 360 and was like no refunds allowed as this was a special order. What? We did NOT order this "special" and there are no customizations. He went on to say that the 4 sofas just got delayed and that it will be November. We asked to speak to someone higher. I also reread our paperwork and nowhere did it state it was a "special" order.

He gave us an email (**) and that person never responded. I went through the corporate customer service to be told that Asheville isn't part of their corporation and that it's privately owned and gave me a number. I called THAT number and you can't get through to anyone and when I tried to "search" any orders with my phone number, it states not found. There's no way to get anyone live. I found their website and sent a message. I got a response back from an Alexandra with merely a copy of my sales receipt which looked very different from what I have.

I am beyond livid at their deceptive practices and want to cancel this. I was also told that my store credit card was not going to be charged till delivery. Well guess what? It was charged in May. When I found out this initially, I didn't mind making payments thinking it will be here soon enough in July. So I want to cancel this sofa and my store card refunded. Here's to hoping I can. I will update this review if I get any resolution, negative or positive.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been doing business with La-Z-Boy for decades and have been happy with the furniture. Lately I spent approximately $2500+ on rocker recliner and sofa. I called 3 days after delivery to complain that seams don’t line up with the creases in the chair making it feel like I’m sitting on ropes and the sofa is hard as a rock and there was hardly any cushioning in both pieces making it painful to sit on after just a few minutes. The manager rudely says they will exchange for a 30% restock fee and they would have to come and get the furniture I have now and wait months for new furniture. That means sitting on the floor for months.

I'm 63 years old and that would be impossible for me to do. I shouldn’t have to pay a restock fee when they sold me garbage and I started complaining before the 2 week refund and exchange time limit was up. In fact they didn’t get back in touch with me until 1 day after the time limit even though I called several times in those 2 weeks. I believe they did that on purchase because they want me to pay the fee.

Concerning the chair, both arms had to be replaced and had to have the back stuffed with polyfill. Then a piece of the base broke. They sent a tech to replace the base but all he did was glue the broken piece. Now it's making the same racket it did before it was glued. They don’t care about the customer once they have your money. They will also talk down to you like you’re 10. I have read thousands of people have had problems with their furniture to that La-Z-Boy won’t do anything about it. They keep giving me the runaround after complaining for almost a year. I’m going to talk to a lawyer about filing a class action lawsuit since thousands of people have had unresolved problems according to many reviews I have read. Buyer beware!

Original review: June 11, 2021

Kelly really listened to what we were seeking for our space. She did not overwhelm us with choices that did not mesh with our request. Slight mix up with our payment. Promptly fixed though it took 2 days to acknowledge that the message was received.

Original review: June 10, 2021

We ordered our couch back in November 2020 and it was pushed back to January 2021 due to a lost piece. None of the other pieces were delivered by the way. We finally got conformation that the piece had been restored and that it would be delivered this June. The delivery guys came but only with one piece of the couch. I have been trying to reach their customer support which doesn't seem to exist because no one's returned any of my calls for the last 2 hours. This is horrible customer service and I demand that someone get back to me immediately!!!

Original review: June 4, 2021

My father, who is 95, a veteran, blind and lives on social security, purchased a chair during the Memorial Day sale. When it was delivered, he said it just didn't feel right (he's had the same now ragged chair for 20 years.) I called within hours of delivery that Saturday to return, and was told they would take care of the return on Tuesday as they were "very busy during the sale." After not hearing from anyone from the store, I finally called them on Wednesday. The salesperson informed they would be charging my father a 30% restocking fee. Is that legal? Yes. Is that morally right? No. Hope you're happy about making a profit on my poor father. This family and anyone else we know will never darken the door of a LaZboy Furniture Gallery again.

Original review: June 3, 2021

We have been a La-Z-Boy customer for 8 years. We have purchased a reclining couch and 2 chairs from them. We came into The Woodlands TX location 2/13/2021 to purchase a new reclining couch because our previous one was getting some rips. Our sales rep Amy said that the current production time was 26 weeks and that we would get our couch by the first week of August at the latest. We understood and decided to move forward with it. We have company coming into town on July 1 and the rips on our couch have gotten bigger. I called to get an updated ETA and was told they didn't have any info but to keep checking back every couple of weeks. I called Friday May 28 to check in and they told me the order was "acknowledged" by the warehouse so it should be coming soon.

I called back in on Monday to see if there was a possibility it would be here at the end of the month before our company comes, and the sales rep that looked up my order said my new ETA was Dec 9. I spoke with Donna, one of the managers and she was unhelpful and told me to call back to speak with Michael **, the store manager. I just got off the phone with him and he was super rude, flat out told me he couldn't help me any further than what was on the computer, that he could not call to get an updated ETA, that he could not see where in the production process it was, that the Dec 9 date was the delivery date to them, not to me so it would probably be the beginning of January 2022 (Almost a year after purchase) and that if I wanted to cancel I would have to pay a 50% restocking fee, even though they haven't started making my couch yet!!!

I understand that the pandemic has caused delays in shipping and production times, but 11 months is pretty ridiculous and then telling the customer that it isn't their problem and that the contract says it can't guarantee anything and if they wanted to cancel they would have to pay $1500 to restock a couch that hasn't even been made yet is horrible. I asked for the store owners information and Michael hung up on me. So if this situation does not get resolved La-Z-Boy will lose a customer for life, which is a legit statement considering that we only will purchase La-Z-Boys.

Original review: May 27, 2021

In Sept. 2019 I bought a very expensive, electric La-Z-Boy recliner. Since it only had a one year warranty on the chair and 3 years on electrical, and since it was the most expensive recliner I've ever purchased, I purchased what the sales lady told me was an extended warranty. She told me, and she was assisted by another associate, that this would cover the chair entirely against anything that would happen to it for several years. It didn't matter if I spilled something on the fabric that stained it or if someone kicked an arm and it fell off by accident, it was covered. Well last week the headrest stopped working, I don't know why, one minute it worked, the next it didn't. I called the store in Metairie, LA where I purchased it and was immediately sent to service, I was OK with that.

The woman in service tells me that my electrical is under warranty but not the rest of the chair other than the "accidental" policy I purchased with the chair, I asked her to explain, she said that it's not exactly a warranty, it's more of an insurance policy for accidents, that it doesn't cover broken or worn out parts. I disagreed based on the verbal commitment from the sales person and her associate, as well as the man who rung up the sale, this is not unusual as I found out, they're the same as car salesmen, just make the sale, screw the customer. I was directed to an online company that handles the "accidental" coverage, who then had me fill out a service request form which had to include several pictures of the chair, which I did. I was told by the service dept. at La-Z-Boy that it takes that company from a few days, to a few weeks, to contact them and either approve the warranty repairs, or decline them.

Yes it is true that we did not read the small print on the warranty page they gave us, we were stupid enough to take their words as an agreement, we're actually a little too old to read and understand all of that small print. So here I am with a $1800.00 piece of beautifully upholstered furniture that doesn't work! Beware of what you think you bought from them and sit down, with them, in the store and go over that "warranty" page that they live by, please don't assume that their sales people will be telling you the truth.

We've purchased a lot of La-Z-Boy furniture through the years, including the current multi-recliner sofa and multi recliner love seat that are currently in our living room, but won't be once we get an ad up in Facebook Marketplace. As a matter of fact, there will never be another La-Z-Boy product in our home. Oh, La-Z-Boy service dept. tells me they'll be glad to come out and look at it for me, for $250.00! I told then what they can kiss for me.

La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries Company Information