Lacks Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hector ** took good care of me. Will continue to shop at Lacks.

Lacks Furniture, Laredo Texas - Lacks advertises BIG discounts, but then uses Enron style math to "cook the books" and add back to your purchase price so that your "discount" in essence, has been pre-paid by you, the consumer. The sad part is that the sales manager (who most likely has a high school degree), used intimidation and sarcasm, to try to make me accept her bogus math. Although I went to shop without my business suit on, I did not leave my business mind at home. Yes, I actually have a Masters Degree and can do simple 4th grade math without one of their HUGE calculators. Anyway you slice it, it was deceptive and the explanation of the issue was not the ideal response. Try to accept your customer's feedback, correct the situation and then thank them for their input. After all, your goal is repeat business. And if you or your company (which I love that she disassociated herself with by saying "Lacks says"-- oh, "Lack's says....and who do you work for?") has a problem that other customers may have issue with in the future, then don't you WANT to fix it?

I personally am very dissatisfied with my shopping experience wit LACKs Furniture. My purchases included 2 complete Bedroom sets, 1 Dining Room set, 1 Living Room set, and miscellaneous tables and such. I have 2 accounts with Lacks and wasn't LET DOWN with their service till I returned with my repeat business. Their INCREDIBLY bad and un-effective Customer Service started when I had a problem with the Master Bedroom set they delivered. It was beautiful and I was happy to own it UNTIL their delivery service installed 3 BROKEN pieces out of 5! On a return visit to replace a SINGLE piece, after a considerable waiting period, they damaged another piece of furniture. It has been around 2 months and I was only able to sleep on my bed a day prior to its malfunction. After yet another visit and more confusion amongst LACKs departments I am not sleeping on their furniture, which I am still paying for, I still own damaged goods and I have been given the run-around (to put it nicelly). Persons who have affected my situation are Yadira and Manager NOE, who work the Pharr location. I need help from someone who can do something about my situation and not from YES people who really mean NO.

I bought a washer/drier set with Lacks, the day my husband and I went to buy it, they had us sit thru 45mins of credit approval processes, nobody even asked us IF we wanted credit or not, we were going to pay cash for both items on the spot. I finally got to talk to one girl how was clever enough to give me credit (anyway) for 3 months, but since I didn't want to be stuck there for another hour, I agreed.

2 weeks later, I went to pick up my washer and my drier only to find out that my dried had been sold! Not only that, the options I was given by the "salesman" were: get my money back, wait 6 to 8 wks for a new drier, or buy a more expensive one, that didn't match my washer.. When I spoke to the manager, she arranged for a drier to arrive in 2 weeks; but once again, I got a call from the salesman saying that I should go an pick it up at the store... I got a call later that week to go an pay (the credit I didn't want in the first place) so me and my husband went to the store once again, paid the credit in full and asked to talk to the manager so we could pick up the drier... The drier had been moved to the warehouse, which was closed, and we got no call and no notice that we should pick it up else where... We were also then told that the drier we were getting wasn't new, that it was a display item, and we were charged for the same amount as the new one...

Lacks Furniture Company Profile