1.48/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wilmington, DE

Looking for a good furniture store?

Klaussner Furniture Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

In 2005 I purchased a cream leather suite a 3 seater sofa and a 2 seater and only now are the cushions showing signs of wear but they are almost as firm as the day I bought it. I can sympathise with buyers who have had problems but from my own experience it was a great buy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Purchased these items at the Eaton Young furniture store in Cumberland MD. The cushions were coming apart at the seams soon after receiving it. The store replaced two cushions but those are coming apart at the seams also. Really regret this purchase, paid too much for this quality. Really expected Eaton Young to carry a better quality of furniture.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I bought this Klaussner sofa from Grand's Home Furnishings. 2 years after I purchased this brand new, being told verbally how the sofa is a Klaussner and will last for a lifetime, I will stand adamant in the fact the support on the body is lacking and in fact is sending me to a chiropractor and home store to purchase a new sofa! At the day of purchase, I received much knowledge about your brand and this is the first sofa I've personally paid for and purchased. My son and I both loved the super soft texture and in the showroom and at home where we both felt enveloped in an oversized pillow yet I was surprised with the body support. I'd say within 2 years I started noticing I was pulling the stuffing up on the left and right end cushions weekly and started having to pull out the cushion seats to then pull up the attached back cushion to replace and secure the seat cushions (velcro bottom).

Now, with this said, we use the couch in the morning before he goes to school and I sit on the left randomly aka it's very gently used! On the 3rd year, when my mother came to visit us, she was shocked at how terribly uncomfortable our sofa was and she was falling in between the seat cushions (*which I already was unfortunately noticing with myself). I am unapologetically so relieved to get this out of my home and purchase a new one. We just returned from our Florida home on a vacation and coming back to sit on this is just wrong. The support literally disappeared after 2 years. The maintenance of this sofa to re-fluff the back attached cushions and move the seat cushions back has been more than a job for trying to maintain body support.

In fact, all of that work had turned into a job just for aesthetics. I feel really sad how this is my first purchase, was promised the support would sustain and as little as it's been used, which yes a couch should be sat on, how I'm now having to invest money into a new one. There's an odd tear, I found underneath the left armrest cushion and can't imagine how that happened! This us the worst couch ever and I am so disappointed typing this review while my upper body is leaning towards the left and my lower body is sinking into the right while my lower left body part is overcompensating to try and keep me centered. ETA: Our sofa after 2 years and worsening, WE SIT AND ARE SINKING (UNEVENLY) INTO THE GROUND and ours is den like use!!!

Original review: June 11, 2019

We ordered what we thought was a quality product from Furnitureland South last summer. The sofa was delivered to us on 8/23/18. On September 1, one of the recliners broke and we also noticed several of the plastic hinge guards were missing. Contacted FSL who worked with manufacturer to order replacement motor. Two weeks later, the recliner on the other end of the sofa broke - same problem. We did not receive replacement parts until October 23 then had to wait over another week for the repair technician to come.

On April 6, one of the recliners broke again. It is June 11 and we are still waiting on replacement parts and will again have to wait for a repair tech to schedule a visit. At this point, the sofa has been inoperable for nearly half of the time we have owned it. If someone tells you that Klaussner/Comfort Design makes a quality product - do not believe them!! I truly wish there were Lemon laws for products like this. Still trying to find out what recourse we will have for future issues that (based on our experience) will likely arise but are not getting answers from FSL. There is no direct contact with the manufacturer, all customer service issues must go through the retailer. Beyond frustrating!!

Original review: April 28, 2019

Bought 2 motorized recliners and 1 couch in February this year at Hub Furniture in Portland, Maine. Delivered 6 weeks later. Ten days in the electronics stopped working on my recliner. The contractor who works for the store told me that the parts would be in in 2 weeks. It has been almost 4 weeks. I did call the store and they said they are working on it. Will see what happens. HUB has been around for decades so I don't understand why they would recommend Klaussner over Ashley or Lane. Hub MUST read reviews. Maybe should have stayed with La-Z-Boy. To be continued... PS: Don't know how to scan receipt but Sales number is ** dated 2/4/19.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?

Original review: April 22, 2019

I am very disappointed with the Tilley Queen Sleeper purchased from Hamilton Furniture in Leesburg, Va. When the sofa arrived it was very disappointing. The material was very thin and I could see every interior seam but I kept it which is my mistake. I have had this sofa going on 6 years and never used it as a sleeper but the other day a rod fell down from underneath and then the next day the left side totally collapsed. I paid $1500 on sale. My other sofa is 12 years old and is another brand Laine and still looks like the day I bought it. Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing the collapsible piece of junk. Oh well I guess it is my lost and an expensive one at that. Never again will I purchase this brand Klaussner.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was trying to find a comfortable chair for reading. After trying many, many recliners and chairs I found the Klaussner recliner to be the most comfortable. I thought it was a bit pricey but took the leap. After delivery I discovered strings hanging down under the chair which turned out to be from the fabric which is just raw edges, not a finished edge, I wasn't happy and called Klaussner directly. They didn't even want to talk to me, pushed me off to the stores rep. Very rude, terrible customer service.

Now, a few years on, one of the arms is loose and wobbly, parts are covered but I would have to pay a fee of $75 to repairman. Needless to say I told them what they could do with that fee. I'll have my husband try to fix. Overall, very poor quality for an expensive chair. A friend just bought 2 of the same recliners. We recently visited them and we looked and they too have strings hanging from raw fabric edges. So much for buying Made in the USA, no pride in their work. I'd never buy a Klaussner product again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Soooo... I purchased a reclining sectional about 2 months ago. The couch arms started to dip in on day 1! The furniture store we purchased it from Came to our house and fixed them but Told us that it was very flimsy thin wood pieces that had collapsed. The couch arms were collapsed even where we didn't sit or put our arms on the "armrest". Very disappointed in the quality of this furniture :/. The middle piece of this sectional is uneven. We have to separate them so when you pull the reclining mechanism it won't rub and wear out the side of the couch. As of today my couch is making a popping noise when I sit down or get up.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Very cheap materials used overall. The cushions were the worst most uncomfortable ever. Just replaced them myself... What a difference. Took the old ones apart and was surprised but not surprised to see how cheaply they were constructed.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Our family was ready for a new couch and we went to the same furniture dealer in our town where we had purchased two other sofas (from the same company). The sales clerk informed us they no longer carried that brand but had switched to Klaussner. We liked the design of the sofa and the ability to get the fabric we wanted. We have had it for barely six months and today when we sat on it, heard a crack. We turned the sofa over, peeled off the black fabric on the underside and was SHOCKED at the poor construction. The middle “support” is made from flimsy plywood and the corner supports are no better. I am worried to have more than one person sit on it for fear it is going to break in half. My other sofa lasted 12 years and still looked brand new. I wish I had kept it. Do your research and look at the construction. If the dealer won’t show you, they are hiding something.

Klaussner Furniture Company Information