JRA Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased the Bella Lago Collection from Sam's Club in 2007. Granite fireplace table, sofa, two club chairs, granite top server, a grill with built-in bar counter and four cushioned swivel barstools. We spent almost $3000 on this. I was convinced it was fantastic quality, if taken care of, and it has been. Now though, I am stuck with a grill, built into a granite bar, as an albatross because it needs maintenance parts and JRA Furniture filed Chapter 11 in 2007, prior to my complete purchase, I am just finding out through research.

The warranty I paid for with this was no good from the beginning! The people purchasing for Sam's Club should have been aware of this, to warn the consumer, or at the very least, contacted their members who purchased when they found out. Sam's Club will be hearing from me about this as well. I'm sorry to read all of these other complaints, but my opinion is, hold some feet to the fire where you purchased yours from if it was after 2007. This company shut its doors, so a wholesaler gave these companies a steal to peddle this stuff.

JRA furniture Martha Stewart Victoria collection - Bought at a garage sale today. Never assembled, never used. I have a set of 2 rocking chairs I am trying to assemble. Had to go to hardware store for nuts and bolts. They were not with my purchase. I can't figure out how it's put together. The "webbed" seating part has pegs that slide into the side frame on each side but even with the proper screw it slides back out. It doesn't catch on anything to hold it. Help. Thanks.

My husband and I purchased a 7 piece set of patio furniture from Home Depot in June of 2013, which was under the name of "Hampton Bay" and I understand is manufactured by JRA Furniture. There is rusty water leaking out of the one chair leg; and the one leg on one of the other chairs is shorter than the other 3 legs and does not balance properly. The leaking rust water is making a mess on our deck and I don't know who to contact to get this resolved. I didn’t' realize until we had the furniture home for a week as to how inferior the workmanship was. Please help!

I purchased a Hampton bay patio set and the whole thing has rust that just keeps coming out of the chairs and off the table. I paid over $400 for this set at Home Depot and now, my patio is full of rust stains that won't come off. Plus, it gets all over your clothes when you set in the chairs. It hasn't rained in weeks and yet rust is pouring out of this patio set. How is your company going to make this right?

I purchased my group setting patio set of 11 pieces 2 years ago and it has faded, chipped and peeled all over the entire set. Cushions are faded and it looks awful. I know this has a lifetime warranty and I would like to know what I can do to replace these pieces. Please advise. I have previously written and no one has returned my calls or email.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JRA Furniture?

Called the company to find out what I can do about a broken granite section to my patio set. I was offered a travel miles and when I reguested a phone number to customer service she diconnected me. When I came to my daughters on the internet the number that was given on there-562-229-1718 was disconnected also. I am very disappointed.

All my attempts to reach JRA furniture have failed. The (562) 229-1718 number rings out busy all the time. Efforts to get the number checked out have failed, the e-mail address eventually comes bouncing back. Is this outfit still in business?

My set is a 5-piece bronze-like color swivel rocker sling back set with glass table top by Hampton Bay. Today, the wind blew the umbrella up and over to the side just enough that it shattered the glass table top all over my patio! I could not believe my eyes! I'm so upset about this because I got this not long ago. I'm unemployed at the moment and I don't have money to replace this tabletop.

I had to vacuum up all the glass and it filled the entire shop vacuum. What am I to do with that amount of glass? I loved the patio set but now I am stuck with having to replace the glass which I'm sure will be costly. What do i do now? Help please!

I purchased 13-piece Palazzo Dining Set, 2-3 pieces, Bistro Sets, 5 Chaise Lounge Chairs from Sam's Club for approximately $1700. After the fourth year, one lounge chair seat ripped. On the fifth season, four more have ripped. No problems with the aluminum frames or glass table top. By next year, I will probably have 15 chair frames left. No physical damage resulted. Only the $1700 we feel was thrown down the drain.

I purchased a patio set from Sam’s Club. It came with 5-year warranty. Two chairs broke and I tried to contact JRA, and I got a text message back that I need to pay $9.99 to get more information about that number. Two chairs broken, total set was $700.00. I want them repaired or a partial refund.

Bought Palazzo 13 piece dining set mfg. by FRA from Sam's. Glass table top shattered. Need to have it replaced, cause can't use table without it. Tried to get hold of JRA and get a message that I need to pay $4.95 to call "10 14158000". Read that many others having same problem.

I went to bed one evening to wake up to a big mess of glass that needed to be cleaned up. I was very disappointed that the table only lasted only one season since it was only purchased and set up the end of August 2009. I will never purchase anything made by this brand or company again. The mess of shattered glass that needed to be cleaned up was heavy and the expense to dispose of since it could not be recycled. With 2 children around, we had to be sure that all the glass was cleaned up with no fragments. Now we will have to purchase a piece of replacement glass at a cost of about $250.

I was looking for parts. I have the same problems. My bar chairs that swivel have broken. I have welded them back together, and now, I'm scared for anyone to sit in them. It doesn't matter because the material has split/ripped and no one can sit on them anyway. The loungers are split; one Otteman is split. Gee, I bought a bar and four high chairs, table with four chairs, two swivel chairs, two Ottemans, and two bistro tables. I gave over $2,000.00 for it all and it's 2 1/2 years old.

On a good note, I've had no problem with the table top. It's granite squares. I wish I had bought old fashioned wrought iron. They are not always really comfortable but will not tear up. I called the number and some guy wanted to give me a $50 gift card to Walmart. I told him I didn't want one and he hung up on me. Does anybody want to buy some used patio junk, uh I mean furniture?

Purchased an 8 piece dinning set from Sam's club in 3-31-2007. This is an outdoor patio set. Paid $800. I was assured it would not rust. It was kept under cover and covered when not used. The wood grain top is peeling off and there is rust all over. Apparently company is out of business. Phone number is always busy.

While lifting the umbrella out of the Charm Collection table purchased in 2004 from Home Depot. The umbrella tilted and shattered the glass into billions of pieces. We will never be able to walk barefoot on our patio again since the glass will be showing up forever! Home Depot cannot help as they are no longer carrying this line nor are they carrying Hampton Bay any longer. They gave me the number to JRA Furniture which is disconnected. I wanted to replace the glass however the table is an unusual shape with the sides bowing out a bit. It costs more to replace the glass than the entire set cost us. What am I to do now? Glass will continue to show up on the patio forever as well as the gravel around the patio. No more walking barefoot!

I purchased a Martha Stewart 5-pc Bar Set at Kmart in the Summer 2009. The glass top broke though no fault of mine. I called JRA Furniture and got a replacement for the left side of the glass top of the bar. When it arrived, I put it in my shed because the summer was over. When I took it out last week to replace the broken side of the bar top, it was shattered inside the box and the small glass pieces were falling out. Nobody was injured/hurt but now I'm faced with ordering another glass top $35 plus shipping, which amounted to approximately $65 last year. I don't know what the price will be this year.

I purchased the Florenza 12 Piece Sling Patio Collection from Sam's Club. Two years after purchase, the glass on the large table shattered and the slings on the ottomans became torn and shredded even if these items were rarely used. Then, the following summer, as people sat on the swivel chairs, the chair seats began to rip causing the person to fall right through the bottom of the chair. We now have 4 swivel chairs and 2 ottomans that are unusable. It is just a matter of time before the remaining two chair seats will rip.

I wanted to replace the slings on all 6 chairs and 2 ottomans, however, the company ,JRA Furniture Ind, has gone out of business and I also learned that the chairs are also breaking away from their swivel base. If that occurs, that will be dangerous as the person sitting in that broken chair may get injured. Therefore, I feel that it is not safe to continue to use the two swivel chairs we have left. I wanted to just replace the swings but now I have a 12 piece collection that is basically garbage.

I would like to file a class-action lawsuit against JRA for making faulty furniture or Sam's Club for selling faulty furniture. However, both companies have gone out of business . Is there any recourse?

We heard a loud crash and thought something fell. We checked around the house and finally found that the table on our deck has shattered. It started with a circle the size of a melon and ended up with the whole table shattering all over the deck. This table has been stored every winter and is only brought out in the spring/summer months. I am extremely upset but thankful this did not happen when one of my young children were sitting at the table. This could have caused serious injuries.

I purchased a very nice outdoor patio set from Sears in 2005. I keep the chairs either in my shed or under a patio furniture cover in the winter. Well, this year when I uncovered the set, huge pieces of paint were peeling off the chair arms down to the metal. The set isn't even 5 years old and it wasn't cheap. My last set (from another company) lasted close to 12 years and the paint never peeled off. So now I am asking the company to send me a can of paint so I can fix the damage. I don't think it is still under any warranty but it should be! How disappointing.

I purchased a gazebo from Sears (JRA Furniture). The top lasted one summer extremely faded and tears easily. I looked into having a top made $400.00. However, this top is made to last the summer sun. I have not purchased as the cost seems to be high. Looking to see if this is under warranty somewhere or a class action suite against JRA.

I purchased an aluminum glass top table (Item Number A44376) through Sam's Club. The wind knocked over the table and the glass top shattered into tiny pieces. Attempts to contact JRA Furniture Industries were unsuccessful. The published phone number in enclosed literature was bogus, leading me to a pay for service number locator. I want to replace the glass top so the whole investment of the table, that came as a patio set, is not lost. The table is completely useless. The patio set is unmatchable to other available tables.

Purchased a high dining set - Folian by JRA Furniture with a Hampton Bay brand seal on it (umbrella, stand, 4 bar stools and table with glass top) in summer of 2008 - my glass table top shattered for no reason spraying tiny pieces of tempered chips all over my deck causing my dog to cut his foot. Cannot get a replacement top and priced it for the odd size 42x42 with curved edges; impossible to get for a nominal price. Cannot get onto JRA Furniture's "fictional" website; neither does their 800 number work - some type of "prize line". Paid 500. for the entire set; now is useless b/c I cannot replace the glass. More junk made in China. Will never buy again.

I purchased a patio set under the name of Hampton Bay from The Home Depot. I have had several problems with the swivel chairs but have gotten those resolved. Now yesterday, I came home from work and my glass top was shattered all over my patio. It is under a canopy and there was no reason for it to shatter. The weather yesterday was the mid 80's, no direct sun on the table. Now, I am sick that I have a set and can't use the table.

I called the 800 number on back of the furniture brochure because the furniture cover needs to be replaced so that I can either order one or whatever. Much to my dismay, they gave me another 800 number to call. The other 800 number is not even with the JRA Furniture Industries. I guess I cannot order another furniture cover. I'm stuck with a broken one.

Phone does not answer. I bought a set at Sam's Club for $600.00. One of the chairs wobbles and is about 1" from the floor. I called the number above and it is not valid. Now, I cannot get parts for this, even though it has a warranty for 5 years.

I purchased this 12x12 Gazebo at Sears; the canopy was defective. I called and e-mailed them and they were supposed to send a new canopy, in 6 to 8 weeks! Then I find out they have gone out of business! I only want the canopy I was promised. I just found this website, I thought all was lost. Can you help? Thanks.

I have a $643.00 "Naples Collection" patio set (six web seat and back chairs, one cocktail table, one 6'x3' patio table, two web-topped ottomans) and a warranty for 5 years. The composition is "all aluminum frames, hand-applied patina, solid cast table top, cast aluminum detailing, 5-year warranty." At four years, after summer poolside use and winter enclosed porch use, the finish falls off in clumps up to 2"x2" and thousands of small flakes, leaving a grayish primer-colored look. The surface is ragged and cuts skin if an arm or leg is dragged over the surface. The result of course is dangerous and ugly.

The JRA Furniture phone number is disconnected. Online info says Victoryland Group bought JRA. Neither can be contacted. Sam's Club refuses to be involved (purchased at Sam's Tallahassee store).

The table glass of our patio set exploded and shattered for no reason. This occurred on a 7-piece patio set we purchased from Home Depot which is branded as Hampton Bay, but manufactured by JRA Furniture. Not only did this create a huge mess, but was very dangerous to pets and kids. We would have never purchased this $700 patio set if we had known the table tends to blow up for no reason. This is a well known issue documented by hundreds of users online and on Consumer Affairs. A recall should be issued on these faulty products, and customers should be given a proper replacement for the loss. Replacement cost is approximately $300 for a custom piece of glass. JRA offers the same (prone to blowing up) replacement for $150. The clean up of the glass took several hours. My table has been sitting now useless for approximately 6 months.

My glass table top shattered. JRA Furniture manufactured the procuct. TSY Services bought out JRA Furniture.

I purchased a JRA Palermo gazebo from Sams. My canape is in tact, but the top center piece that joins the rods broke. I cannot get a replacement for this part.

JRA Furniture Company Profile