2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.49/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

IKEA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about IKEA?

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have 4 pieces of furniture that I ordered in early May from IKEA. I was forced to schedule delivery for June 14th...then rescheduled for the 15th. The delivery company they use is crappy XPO. These items did not come on the delivery dates. I contacted XPO and IKEA for an answer. Then I received emails and calls from XPO about it being delivered today between 12pm-4pm June 20th. The representatives on the phone changed the times of the delivery window to 9am-9pm. Another person said they never got the items from IKEA to the hub. I have contacted IKEA by email multiple times. I have spent 300 dollars and I want my refund! They can't even pick up the phones. It shuts right off after you select info on an existing online purchase. Why can't anybody get in touch with ikea? Why does my tracking keep changing to "out for delivery" to "ordered place" all the time???

How can IKEA take my 300 bucks before they actually get it on a truck for delivery? I still have not received a response to my emails! They are taking people's money and hiding. I don't trust IKEA and I will never buy from them again! The furniture are essential. Clothes still on the floor, no dresser! I am highly upset! Refund Please. You don't even know where my items are!!

Original review: June 13, 2020

After reading all these horrible reviews I was very hesitant to order next day expedited delivery from my local Ikea. I ordered two dressers and got a confirmation, order pending, email right after submitting the order. They give you the option to pick what time and date you desire to have your order delivered. The next day I got a phone call from the delivery company saying they were 30 minutes away and had my order. I asked them to leave it on the porch. They left it right on the porch and arrived exactly 30 minutes after like they stated on the phone. I was so happy they came through for me. Put everything together and it's all perfect, boxes were in perfect condition on delivery. Glad I took a chance and sent in my order considering the line at Ikea is around the building. Try the expedited shipping.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2020

I placed a furniture order on 3/27, with a delivery date of 4/8. That date came and went with no update. Obviously this is a difficult time, but I was frustrated that IKEA was happy to take my money but made no effort to provide any communication once the delivery date had passed. I called customer service and was on hold for about one minute before Kerthia A. picked up. I wasn't expecting someone so friendly on the other end of the call, but she could not have been more helpful or kind. She was very transparent about the likelihood that my order would be delivered, so when I decided to cancel, she processed everything quickly. Even though I'm disappointed I won't get my order, the whole customer service process was surprisingly easy and helpful from start to finish.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Ikea is my first choice when furniture shopping because there are so many choices and because the prices are modest. While I realize many people do not want to purchase furniture that they have to assemble themselves, I do not mind doing that if the price is right. I also like the way that Ikea has all of their products displayed in a way that you can see how the finished product will look when assembled. Some of the items are very good quality, while others are not. I have never tried to return anything to the store so I cannot speak to the return policy.

One complaint that I have is that there are often not enough store employees on the floor to assist with questions. Also, due to the fact that there are so many products available, often times, the employees cannot answer questions about the products. This is why I do a lot of research online before going to the store. I also appreciate that when you go to Ikea to shop for furniture, there are also options to shop for home goods such as dishware and decorative items. And they serve food!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Ikea is a great experience and I really do like that they switch out their products every so often, though there are times when something is discontinued that I would have liked some notice before it went away. However the customer service is a different matter and it has made me reconsider buying from ikea on numerous occasions. The system used to track what is in stock and the store is unreliable and in NYC where it is like planning warfare to plan the logistics of a large pickup from ikea it is disheartening and infuriating. Delivery is another thing. XPO logistics is garbage.

I had the worst experience with ikea delivery in which the delivery company baldly stated that "YOUR truck does not have a driver" when I called them to check on the status of a delivery that was suppose to come that morning. The hemming and hawing and COMPLETE lack of accountability from XPO logistics was a huge turnoff. Ultimately it make me think for the most part ikea may be a fun place to browse and the designs are sometimes great but larger furniture purchases are best left for other retailers that can deliver.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

We have ordered online from IKEA in the past, and had a good experience again. So when we closed on a house in May, we ordered some new furniture. Order was placed May 5, with an estimated deliver of May 29. It seemed like a long time, but we reckoned that it was going to take us a few weeks to get unpacked and everything, so it would be fine. But May 29 came and went and we never heard anything. I tried calling customer service over and over again, and it just says they aren't taking calls because of high volume, and hangs up.

So our estimated deliver day was May 29 until sometime in mid-July. With no contact with the company or any way to reach them. By this point, we have started making payments on our credit card (this was a huge order, like over $1500). I had heard of some orders being cancelled, and if that was going to be the case I just wanted to know so I could find something else. But the website still just said the order was pending. Then suddenly in mid-July the website updates our delivery date of August 7. No email or communication about this. So we wait wait wait and today is August 7. I still haven't had any communication from them, and still no furniture.

We have now been in our house for over 2 months, and haven't been able to get all the way settled. We got rid of some furniture when were were moving, as we had planned to replace it with the furniture we ordered. But instead, we still just have boxes sitting on the floor. I am beyond frustrated. I've tried to find similar furniture items elsewhere, and I can't. But I don't know if our order will ever arrive. At this rate, we are going to pay off the entire purchase before it ever arrives.

I understand that the pandemic has impacted everyone. We have been very patient and understanding. I get that shipping is delayed for everyone. But it shouldn't take 3+ months. And even if it does, some communication would be great. I can't stand that I've just been left hanging. If you aren't able to accommodate orders, then don't take orders.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I bought three ceramic pots online and got them delivered today. However one of the pots was broken. I am unable to reach customer service via phone because it keeps saying call volume high and hangs up and emails are only for cancellations!!! I paid money for the pots and need my money back or a refund!!! This is not OK Ikea.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Easy to purchase. Mattress holds it shape and doesn’t get holes in center. Perfect support for any shape person. It comes rolled up and easy to install and transport. Customer service is wonderful and very helpful.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

It's simple. I've switched to IKEA foam mattresses over 10 years ago, and I would never have anything else anymore. You know how good you have it, when you are forced to be without it. Staying at friends' places or in hotels is all the proof I need to know that my own mattress is the best thing for me.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

10/7 Purchase items from the store, schedule delivery on the 16/7. 16/7 until 7pm I hear nothing and I call them, I have to wait in line for 90mnt, just to find out they are unable to deliver it and will deliver it tomorrow. 17/7 No sign of delivery, I call them again (still long wait) cancel my delivery. 21/7 got cancellation email that they forget to put the ensemble service etc. Being told that someone will call me to confirm my card details within 5 working day. But until today I haven't got any call. They suggest me to call them. I need my money back IKEA! Unbelievable!

IKEA author review by ConsumerAffairs

Wide selection of designs that are both accessible and affordable. The company is continuing to franchise locations, and there are entire websites that are devoted to how to use their furniture in your home.

• Financing: Eligible customers can earn rewards on purchases or qualify for low promotional rates.

• Assembly: Products are designed to be easily assembled. Professional assembly services are available for a fee.

• Delivery: Flat rates for shipping and in-store delivery starting at $9.

• Returns: Purchases can be returned within 1 year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team