Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.37/5

Havertys Furniture Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The service is great and the quality of the furniture is excellent. The prices are higher than most discount furniture stores but the quality makes up for the difference. They have no interest finance options that we use regularly.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Daughter-in-law recommended I visit Havertys, looking for couch for 4-season porch. I found a beautiful couch, cerulean color. Great staff. Assisted by Anthony **, very pleasant experience. Location Anniston Alabama.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I recently purchased a living room set from the Tampa Dale Mabry store. Cannot say enough about the salesperson, Jeanette, the sales experience and the follow thru.. I now am loyal to Havertys and will shop there always.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Purchased a sofa 14 months ago. When the first one was delivered it was damaged. 2nd one the springs are shot on both sides where you sit. Don’t even think of buying from this store in Ft Lauderdale. They do not stand behind their products. Don’t even get out of the car, keep on driving.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I purchased a bedroom set from Havertys in Virginia Beach in late 2016. A crew delivered and assembled the bed frame as part of the purchase. I was led to believe I would be getting a professional installation. I always noticed the bed frame was not the sturdiest, but was warned by the crew that assembled the frame that the product was just that way so I believed it was a bed made of cheap materials (true).

However, about 3 years later I had carpet replaced in the bedroom and had to move the bed. That is when I noticed (after putting frame on side) multiple missing screws and bolts, splintered wood from screws driven in on an angle, and a missing support leg (1 of 4 that run down the center of the bed from the footer to the header, about 10" in width). The crew purposely hid that from me and led me to believe I had received a full bed set. Havertys has said they are sending me new hardware, but no support leg or crew to properly assemble it finally. Congratulations Havertys! You got me, way to stand behind your product and service! I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE THERE AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Bought and paid for a bookcase along with delivery. Was suppose to deliver today. Rushed out of work and a meeting because they apparently only deliver early..very bad place to buy if you are a working person. Anyway, was in my home when I received email they tried to deliver and I wasn't home. Also they claimed they tried to call but there was no answer. My phone did not ring. Totally bad experience. Hope they are more honest about returning my money. Extremely disappointed. P **

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

We purchased the Aviator collection chair, loveseat, and couch in May of 2019. First issue is that none of the furniture operates in the nature we were told by the sales person. It took 2 separate service calls from technicians to get the electronics functioning, albeit still not as advertised. I now have 2 pieces that have broken wood in the armrests from normal, everyday use. You can tell that the wood that is used for the armrest is very thin, and does not provide any support without cracking and breaking. Havertys has declined to honor the warranty on this furniture, and simply stated that it was due to misuse of the furniture. What a cop out, misuse of an armrest???. Do yourself a favor, and avoid Havertys at all cost if you want quality furniture that the retailer will stand behind.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We have purchased over $15,000 of furniture from Haverty's over the last 15 years. A decade ago the quality was comparable to Ethan Allen. In fact, we still have our dining table and chairs from 2004. Our most recent purchases, within the last 1.5 years, have been completely disappointing. A dual recliner loveseat and two recliners. In August 2019, we purchased two Kobe wall hugger recliners and a sleeper loveseat. One of our recliners was delivered broken (the right arm bent outward 6"). They left it until a replacement could be delivered, which took until today 01/08/2020! Delivery arrived with no recliner on truck! I contacted store manager who agreed to pick up both recliners for full refund.

The recliner my husband, 5'8" 185 lbs, has sat in since delivery in Sept has broken down in the seat area. Our two recliners in our second house have broken down even more in the seat and back. All recliners are their best quality and real leather, not cheap! Very disheartening. This is definitely not a case of "you get what you pay for". At least you know what you get with Ashley, disposable furniture that may last a couple years.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Nearly two years ago, we purchased the Bernhardt Colton Sofa (the extra long four seater) and the matching chair and Ottoman, for $4900 and we love the look (still do). Within a month, the cushions were showing noticeable compression and sagging as though the furniture was a couple of years old. We also had a problem getting the sofa to stop "teeter tottering". Because the sofa is so long, and the middle legs too tall, the sofa tips back and forth even though the leg levelers on the ends are fully extended. We called Havertys and they sent someone out. They worked on the legs, cut the middle ones back somehow, so the teeter totter stopped. The cushions were just "too bad" for us.

Shortly after the first repair visit, the front of the chair cushion looked even worse and they sent someone out again. This repair person looked closer under the chair and saw that apparently during manufacturing, the front board was not installed right and was slowly coming apart making the cushions sag/shift more. He replaced the front board and it looked much better, but the chair and ottoman still already looked quite old which was terribly disappointing so soon after purchase (note that we are empty nesters who travel a lot and don't give this furniture all that much use). It was clear, after talking to many Havertys folks who seemed to (in person) genuinely care, that we were stuck with this furniture.

Because we all work hard for our money, I wanted to spare others the experience we had and send a message to Havertys/Bernhard that there are issues with this collection that need to be addressed (or the line discontinued). Other reviews on the Havertys website echoed our experience. We are looking at new furniture now, and having shopped almost exclusively at Havertys since 1999, we were wanting to see if we just had bad luck or if others had the same problems with the sofa. So today I checked the reviews, and while there were a couple there that echoed our problems with the Colton Collection pieces, our detailed (and professional, factual) review had been taken down. I "chatted" with the online Havertys representative because I thought this was unprofessional and dishonest and she said she would pass my complaint/question on. We'll see if she follows through.

I am a bit shocked that Havertys would review our review of this furniture that clearly has problems. But our review is indeed gone. I understand removing inflammatory or untrue reviews (or reviews written in anger or which are very disrespectful) but ours was not that. I'm very disappointed in Havertys. Initially for not following through and making sure we were pleased with the product -- we believe they should have taken the furniture back and issued a credit so we could find items that would hold up like our previous Havertys purchases did. I even offered accepting a partial credit but it was clear that after stretching the repair visits out, it was "too late" to do anything about the continuing problems. I'm more disappointed to see that Havertys removed our review. Clearly profits are prioritized over satisfying their long-established customers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

Bought several rooms of furniture less than 3 years ago and the leather is peeling on the loveseat and couch. Havertys has me spend money to have someone. One look at only to tell me they could do anything but recover and the cost would be on me.

Havertys Furniture Company Information