2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.4/5 (252 ratings)

About Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We purchased a couch and loveseat from Havertys almost 5 years ago and purchased the Gold plan after our sales person--JoAnn **--explained the benefits. We had an issue w/ the frame and had a service call. Based on the issue, Havertys issued a purchase order to replace the damaged sofa along with the loveseat (they were a matching set which was no longer available). We had amazing service in the store from JoAnn and we could not believe how fast and smooth the process was. We are so glad Havertys offers a warranty like this and they made it right in a very timely fashion. Samantha at the check out desk was very friendly and helpful in her service as well. Jo Ann followed up with us after the new furniture arrived to make sure we were happy with our purchase. The customer service and lack of pressure to buy make us happy to shop at this Havertys.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Over the last 2 weeks we've visited numerous furniture stores/outlets looking for that just right piece for our living room. When we visited the Havertys on Glenwood we were greeted and had the opportunity to work with Shalini **. Her professionalism, product knowledge and customer service made our decision easier than expected. I would highly recommend you request her as we will for any additional purchases in the future.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They were so honest and helpful!!! Everyone from Claudia the salesperson who was amazing!!! The guys who delivered my living room furniture were also great. Every that comes in and sits on them are shocked at how well they are made and they have built-in coasters so there easy to move. I greatly suggest anyone looking for furniture go to Haverty's in Ft. Myers, FL.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

A nice leather sectional was delivered missing a part to connect one of the sections. The same day I received a call from a Frank who said the part would be delivered and said he would call me back that day with a timeframe. A month later on tomorrow and still no part. Love the sectional but wish I had the part! Sectional over $3000.

Original review: June 23, 2021

My wife purchased furniture from Haverty’s in March 2021 and it still hasn’t been delivered. The dates continue to change to a later date. No end in sight, to date. I have read other reviews about their delivery issues.

Original review: May 21, 2021

We ordered a sofa and 2 chairs in early November 2020. As of May 21, 2021 we have received only promises. This sucks. The furniture was promised for delivery in March. We constantly receive calls that have moved the delivery to June 2021

Original review: April 9, 2021

I paid top $$ for a sofa and recliner with the 5 year protection plan (that's a joke). After only 10 months we have had problems with the recliner so we put a claim in. It took them several months to answer our claim due to covid which in my opinion is a cop out for every business you deal with right now. They sent a tech out and told us the part had to be ordered. So we waited and waited, ok we get an email again several months later stating the part is no longer manufactured.

REALLY! So they offered to replace the chair or we could take a payout (which was 1/4 of what we paid for it) and keep the chair. Either way you no longer have a covered extended warranty on that piece of furniture for the remaining 4 years. (Of which I paid for a 5 year warranty.) So that's telling me if I have a problem with my couch they're not going to have the part either! I will never purchase anything from Havertys Furniture again, they are over priced and don't stand behind the quality of their furniture. Do yourself a favor and do not purchase ANYTHING from them.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I purchase sectional sofa on 2/6/2021 and arrived 3/12/2021. Right side sofa had damage foot and fabric on center piece was loose and left side sofa did not align with with center piece. There was a problem with each piece. Havertys issued replacement and when 2nd delivery arrived on 4/2/2021 same issue even worse. Left side was lower so did not connect again. Sectional sofas should not have gaps. You can see where fabric was not put together correctly and used glue to put fabric together. I requested inspection on 2nd delivery but it is obvious inspection was not done or they would not have delivered defected sofa. I recommend if you do not like your purchase send it back and ask for your money back or you're stuck with it. No refunds once you keep it even if they promise to correct issue.

Original review: March 31, 2021

We purchased three tables and a sofa a little over a month ago from the Mesquite store. The sofa is back ordered until the end of May. When the tables arrived, one was wrapped but the other two were not. One of them has a chip in it. We called and were told we had to schedule an appointment for someone to look at it. Almost a month later, when the day arrived, we were called and told the person was not working today and we were pushed back until April 21.

Obviously, if we can't get someone out to just look at a chip, we are smart enough to cancel our sofa which has a lot of electrical parts to it. It could be broken for a long time before they bothered to uphold their warranty. The table just should have been replaced. When you sell bad goods, a decent company makes it right. Staff at Mesquite is wonderful but they don't have the company backing to make shopping there worth the risk. All of our furniture is from this store; however, we will have to find another company to buy from.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Last year I purchase two items. One sofa that I still keep and have not used very often. It is manufactured in China with the worst materials and worst labor. I regret to have purchased from this company that advertised as a top quality company. Pure Chinese junk. Same can be said of the recliner that I have purchased from them. I wanted to return the items but when I read the bill it said that I only have THREE DAYS after delivering. It is not possible to know the quality of the product in three days especially when you do not sit on them all day. I regret the purchase and the only thing I can do is to warn other buyers not to make the same mistake I have made. Beware of this Chinese junk. Buy your furniture some other place!!!

Havertys Furniture Company Information