2. Homeowners

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay Patio Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: April 8, 2021

I ordered a patio sofa and cushion covers a month ago. The sofa and uncovered cushions arrived as scheduled. The cushion covers were to be delivered separately. It is almost impossible to get service that is satisfactory. The tracking is terrible as the website link rarely works. I have called and called and they are somewhere but not on my sofa. The response is always the same, "wait and see". This was not an inexpensive purchase and the service is horrible. I would not order from Hampton Bay or Home Depot online again. If there is an issue it will be a battle and little concern on their part.

Original review: April 1, 2021

We purchased this set from Home Depot in April 2019. It started rusting within the year on the arm rests on the chairs. We did have all the parts replaced. Now in March 2021 we noticed a huge amount of rust on the backs of the chairs. All 6 of the chairs are rusting now. I called the company again and am about to place another claim. I just want to advise others to stay away from this set. It is poor quality and will only cause you problems due to massive rusting. Our 2 year warranty is up on April 21, 2021, and we do not have high expectations that rust won't start again once the warranty has expired.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2020

This product seemed like good quality but then started rusting after a year and is only getting worse. I have tried to paint the spots that rusted with Rustoleum but more rust comes through on other parts.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I purchased my gazebo three weeks ago. It was absolutely beautiful until rain and winds came. The parts in the upper canopy area did not hold. It was totally mangled. $299.99 down the drain...in The wind.

Original review: June 26, 2020

We purchased 27 pieces and the finish failed within the first year. Cushions have rotted, spit and torn in the third full year. These have been put up out of the elements during winter months. Home Depot replaced only the butterfly table top, but not the legs. The new top finish discolored in a few months.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Patio furniture coming apart a year after purchase and can't get any satisfaction after many emails and phone calls with Home Depot's so called customer service... now they have even stopped returning calls. How would Arthur Blank handle this?

Original review: May 16, 2020

Last year I purchased the Hampton Bay loveseat. The wicker is all in great shape, but unfortunately the cushions have scorched and burned and melted. I have made sure to keep them covered and protected so within just a few hours a day I don’t understand how this has happened. The fact that they melt is terrifying, what if one of my children were on this when it happened, or it catches fire and sets my house on fire!? The fact that this company is aware of these problems and continues to sell it is irresponsible, and dangerous! Shame on you. And the fact that it is not covered under warranty, nor do they offer any solutions to replacing the defective cushions. It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I was online trying to find replacement glass with zero luck for my one year old Belcourt table. My glass also shattered into a million pieces. Unlike a lot of the reviews, I was out of town so didn't know what happened other than there was nothing around to shatter it and it was summer. We came home to it all over the deck and trying to keep our dogs away was a nightmare. After reading all the reviews, I see it was probably caused by nothing as it seems an all too common complaint and several of the people were home and it happened for no reason at all. Very disappointing as now the entire set is pretty much garbage :(. $500 for less than one summer of use.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

We purchased the Hampton Bay Belleville line of outdoor furniture through Home Depot in July 2015. It was sold as a rust-resistant product using a powder-coated steel frame and we were assured that it would stand up to Miami weather-especially the humidity. We spent approximately $1000 for the dining set and 2 high-top balcony sets. We had issues almost immediately after the purchase with the joints displaying rust. Now, the foot of the dining table rusted completely off. Yup, it literally fell off.

I'm not sure about Hampton Bay and Home Depot's definition of rust-resistant, but when spending that amount of money I would expect a better product that does not need to be tossed out after 4 years. I recommend to anyone that if your "rest-resistant" product shows any signs of rust, IMMEDIATELY contact the seller and demand a return. We should have done that and now we're stuck with buying all new furniture 4 years out. BTW, I have purchased many sets of outdoor furniture and have NEVER had this issue before, which is why we assumed that we would be fine. That was the major mistake which I will not make again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I bought a complete 7 piece outdoor furniture set, and chairs after 10 months are deteriorating and falling apart. The wedding is garbage. Worst purchase I ever made. Hampton Bay will do nothing for you to replace or fix the products. Home Depot doesn't stand by it either. It's embarrassing when friends come over and I have crap like this in my Lanai.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information