2. Homeowners

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay Patio Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Bay?

Original review: July 5, 2018

I bought the beautiful tile table with the six chairs from Home Depot and the chairs immediately discolored. I can't get any help from them and the chairs look terrible. Any help would be appreciated. Can you spray paint fabric type paint onto the chairs to perhaps cover the discoloration? I will never buy a Hampton patio chair again!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I purchased a patio set dining table and 6 chairs along with matching umbrellas. Spent over $1500.00. We only use it 3 months a year and it's put away all winter, my table is completely faded in all different spots. Can't be used anymore. It looks so bad. Contact Hampton Bay. "Sorry. We can't help you, contact store." "Sorry. We can't help you. Contact manufacturer." No help from anywhere. You would think that Home Depot would stand behind their customer. Not at all!

Buyer beware. The products they are selling are not worth the price they are charging and I thought well my table is defective. Let me see if anyone else has this problem. WOW. To my surprise 100's of people with the same complaint. I asked customer, "Can I buy the paint and try and fix table?" "No. Sorry. We do not sell it..." Please think before you purchase. You are wasting your money. Meanwhile the chairs and cushions are in brand new condition. The set is no use to me at this point! Never have I seen such poor quality. Trying to help. Don't make the same mistake I made. Woodbury Collection by Hampton Bay.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I purchased a tile patio table 3 years ago from Home Depot and as soon as we put the furniture together a couple of tiles fell off. At that time I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, I glued them back on. But after that every time we used the table more fell off. We took really good care of the table. Always stored it in the basement and kept it covered when not in use. Today the table is an eyesore. We paid good money for this table which no we can't use. The table is crumbling. It’s the cheapest made table I’ve seen. The tiles are layered on styrofoam. I’m not sure what to do now. I will be contacting Home Depot as well

Original review: March 5, 2018

One of my back cushions on my three piece Woodbury set was damaged. I called to order a new slipcover or cushion and I was told I could not get one till after peak season. When I asked what that meant I was told not till October. I said I need it now and was told to Google third party vendors that may sell them. They could not help me. What???? What if it was still under warranty, they still couldn't help me?? I have purchase two three piece Woodbury sets to the tune of $948.00, two seven piece dining sets one green one chili red and umbrellas for both all Hampton Bay. I have a significant investment in this furniture to be brushed off and told to look elsewhere for cushions. I will never recommend these products to anyone ever. If their own company won't stand behind them, why should I.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture - Patio furniture discolored badly in the first 90 days. Manufacturer would not provide any customer service or assistance despite the fact that the representative admitted this has been a problem with the set we purchased. Very surprising to us is why Home Depot continues to carry this brand. Could not receive any assistance, parts, replacement or exchange from Home Depot either. As long time customers, we will be taking our business to Lowe's from now on.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Hampton Bay Hardtop Poly Carbonate Panel Gazebo - We purchased this expensive gazebo feeling it would be a nice solid gazebo. The instructions are absolutely terrible. They do not accurately show which way some parts should be installed. They do not show detailed drawings or photos to assist in assembly. I spent a lot of time installing, taking apart and reinstalling because the instructions are poor. They call parts by the wrong name and had a number on the installations instructions to which there was no reference in the detailed parts list. So I spent a lot of time reading and rereading the instructions to figure things out. I finally used common sense to put it all together. I had called for assistance and was told the technical department could only be emailed by the service department and I would get a callback. I finally did receive a callback but not from Hampton Bay, from some other company with a lot of static on the phone line so I could only hear intermittent words.

I also asked the question if snow would damage it and I was referred to the instruction "Do not put your gazebo in wet conditions where there is a risk of rust developing". This is an outdoor fixture. It rains everywhere in the world. Needless to say I am somewhat angry about the waste of time to call for assistance and the terrible instructions and the ridiculous statement that it should not be in rain. I have yet to complete the project but I am hoping it will last some time as it wasn't a cheap gazebo.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Delronde furniture set: We purchased this product last summer, and the plastic straps that support the cushions have sagged. We have tried to get help through Home Depot, Hampton Bay and their manufacturer Grand Basket. All we've received is a run around from all of them. Very frustrating and, at the end of the day, we still stuck with a faulty product and no solution to the issue.

Original review: July 12, 2017

My children purchased a Hampton Bay Olympus 2-tier Fountain from Home Depot for me for Mothers Day on 5/8/16. Item # 209-455, Model # 10141. Receipt has ** Fountain. I read the manual for the care and cleaning which stated to store the fountain indoors during the winter. My husband & I drained it completely and placed it in the very back of our garage covered with a blanket. In the spring, I was crushed when my husband went to uncover it and heard pieces falling off. He came to get me, being worried about it, & we removed the blanket together from both sides.

As we removed the blanket, which wasn't a heavy one, the fountain crumbled. The Finial & the small bowl were broken & chipped along with a chip in the back cover. I was sick to my stomach, this gift from my children was very special to me and I had to tell them it was ruined. Home Depot would not return it even though I have the receipt, I didn't even have it a year. Hampton Bay never got back to me, after repeat attempts. I feel I followed the care instructions and should have received a replacement given the time frame and still having the receipt but nothing was done. I will not recommend a Hampton Bay product to anyone.

Original review: July 10, 2017

We purchased 4 Belcourt stationary chairs, 2 ottomans and 1 side table, spending over 1000 dollars at Home Depot 1 month ago. The furniture is on our large deck against our house and is mostly shaded by a cantilever umbrella also purchased from Home Depot. We now have a very large burn to the top of a cushion with fabric that was obviously melted through to the cushion padding. We also have two other exposed cushions with burn marks. This is very concerning for fire. When I spoke to the rep at Hampton Bay, I was told that this does happen and that the products were not covered under warranty. Very disappointed in the customer service and will never again purchase such a product and will likely dispose of the $1000+ dollars worth of furniture that is 1 month old because of the fire risk.

Original review: July 10, 2017

Hampton Bay will not stand behind their shabby, poor quality work. I recently bought a Hampton Bay fabric topped gazebo. My wife and I constructed it ourselves. It took the better part of an entire day. It rained overnight! The next morning there were GALLONS of water collected on the roof making the material sag terribly. The fabric fit the frame so poorly that wouldn't properly drain the rain water. I called Home Depot customer service who transferred me to the "Warranty" department. I wast informed that this is not covered under the "Warranty".

The section of the instructions marked "Warranty" says that it will guarantee for 1 year, "Frame and Fabric". Here's The Rub Under Safety Information there is a "warning." "The gazebo is NOT a permanent structure and must be used under normal weather conditions. We recommend removal of the canopy in windy conditions as gazebos, like umbrellas, catch wind. You must however completely disassemble the entire unit prior to any severe weather conditions such as thunderstorms, hurricanes and/or heavy wind and rain. Failure to do so will cause the gazebo to have structure damage and even structural collapse."

This is taken directly from the Mfg. instructions. This means my wife and I would have had to put up and take down this piece of crap 20 or 30 times this spring alone. We can't go on vacation without taking it down. We can't go shopping without taking it down. We can't take a boat ride without taking it down. If this not the most stupid thing going. IT'S FOR CERTAIN I'LL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HAMPTON BAY ANYTHING.

Hampton Bay Patio Furniture Company Information