Furniture to Go

Carle Place, NY

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a five year warranty and when I needed to contact the store about using it to repair my furniture I couldn't get through to the store for three weeks. The store either put me on hold or would take my information and state they call me back and wouldn't. I had to drive to the store to speak to the owner about my complaint. Their customer service office is small with customers paper information unorganized all over the place not even put into files. If they needed to look up your information they won't find it any time soon. The salesman who sold me the furniture no longer works there and didn't provide my warranty paperwork.

Their workers are improperly trained on sales and customer service. The company is trying to save money by not purchasing adequate computer systems or hire staff to log files, check emails, prepare proper transaction forms with warranties or conduct proper sales. The owner tried to justify the lack of customer service is to due to high volume of customers. That should justify hiring more professional staff and proper equipment to compensate your client base. Be very careful because the company is just concerned about sales and not about future issues you have after you've completed your purchases. Just take a look at their customer service office in that store on Flatbush avenue.

The shipping was a nightmare. They gave me a window of 10-2 and didn't show up till 6:00p.m. Without at least an apology. I called the office at least 7 times and they were extremely rude too. I would never buy anything from them ever again!!

I went into the store on April 29, 2012 with my friend and cousin looking for a sectional sofa. The salesperson told me that some of the best are made by Basset which they are a distributor for. I looked through the online catalog and decided on a sectional. The total came to $2,600.00 and they told me I had to pay a deposit of $1,300.00, or half of the total amount. They said the other $1,300 was due upon delivery. They also told me that the sofa is made per order so to expect it to take anywhere between 60 and 80 days. I left the deposit and have proof of this through my banking statements.

About 60 days later, I called to see what the status was. They told me to be patient and it would be ready by July 8, 2012. I called on July 6th; they said it will be ready by the end of July. While I was in California on vacation, I received a call from the manager, Robert **, informing me that they entered the wrong item #'s. If I can give it to them again and they would put a rush on it, I would have the sofa on August 16. I emailed them as instructed. When I got back, I called and he said it will be ready by August 16. I called August 4, 5, 6 and no answer. I called again on August 12 and 13. No answer. I called today and a recording says the number has been temporarily disconnected. I sent an email to the manager and he replied that I should call my bank and try to get my money back. No further information and I am so upset because I live paycheck to paycheck and they stole $1,300 from me.

Well, on March 4, 2012, I was stopped outside my car by a rep from this store telling me how great this furniture store is and great prices and so on. I went in and decided to purchase a sectional for $1150.00. I was told, promised, and guaranteed delivery for March 12, 2012. I waited till the 16th to call them because I haven’t heard anything from the store. I was basically given a huge run around and told that there was delay from the manufacturer, etc., and that I should expect my deliver the week of the 19th. I was so upset that I asked to cancel my order and demanded a refund of my deposit of $600.00. I was told to read the fine print on my receipt that says, “I will be charged a 30% restocking fee,” which is ridiculous because it’s not my fault.

They should have told me they didn’t have the product and not give me false expectations and keep feeding me delivery dates when in reality they have no idea when they will be getting the sofa in stock. Well, Monday came around and nothing. I called them on the 22nd and was told that there was another delay and I should hear from them by the 1st of April. So I still have no confirmed delivery date and I am very angry.

On Feb. 4th 2012, I purchased and paid fully in cash for a couch for the amount of $380. It was supposed to be delivered on 2/11/12, but it never arrived. I called the store over 10 times to see where the couch was and they gave me the run around stating that the couch would be delivered on 2/18/12 for sure. Sales person, Peter, assured me that he would even give me my money back from his pocket if I did not receive my delivery.

I called on 2/17/12 to ask about the couch if it was in and I spoke to Robert, who inputs the orders. He asked for my invoice number and he said he would call me back. I called back 2 hours later, and after every 20 minutes no one answered my calls, the phone was either busy or just rang. The sales person, Peter, had given me his cell number. I called him and he seemed upset to hear from me. He said he would have Robert call me back. It's 11pm and still no call regarding delivery!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Furniture to Go?

I paid a $50 deposit on a mattress with box spring, but they never delivered it. When I called them up, they refused to give a refund.

I ordered for purchase, two, twin-sized captain beds with 3- side drawers, two mattresses, and two bunker boards for $500 each (total $1,000). First, the Salesman lied that the furniture will be delivered on Saturday (3 days after the purchase). However, they were not delivered until Tuesday and when they were delivered. Both the style of the headboards were switched, and more importantly, there were no drawers on the sides. I was not home at the time of the delivery and the store had closed that night. Delivery was done around 7:00pm. I called the store several times, the calls were not answered and the voice-mail was always full. I also called and left a message for the salesman on his cell-phone, but my call was not acknowledged or returned. I felt scammed and helpless, but this should not be allowed to happen to somebody else as the store is dubious.

I had to purchase 2 sets of drawer additionally, because my kids did not have any storage for their belongings. This is an unplanned additional spending of $350 because of the scam from this company.

This has to be the worst store I have ever dealt with. I had went in on 2/21 to purchase a futon for which I had paid in full. Their salesperson put it on my sales receipt for delivery on 2/23.

When I spoke to the manager on 2/23, he told me that the futon would not be delivered until 2/25 and he was unwilling to do anything to make up for any inconvenience. I am complaining to consumer affairs and the better business bureau.

I lost a full day of work due to the fact that I was at home waiting for delivery as per my sales receipt, and I was charged $350 for furniture that I never received.

I placed an order for living room and bedroom furniture and upon delivery, one of the items was not delivered. I called the store and they told me it would be delivered the next day and it was not. After several unsuccessful attempts to get the under the bed storage unit delivered (all dates and times recorded), I called the credit card and disputed the charges. As of this date, I still do not have the unit and the credit card company has not credited my account. The merchant did not itemize the items in the set and therefore is claiming that the unit was free of charge.

I have all the paperwork that shows the price of the bedroom set without the storage unit and also advertisements from the company claiming that the company will beat any price. In my last conversation with the credit card company, I told them that I would not pay the remainder of the bill because I was paying for something I never received. I paid for the furniture that was delivered and just deducted the amount for the item that was not delivered. I currently have an excellent credit record and because of this incident I will now have a mark against my credit.

Furniture to Go Company Profile