2. Homeowners

Dublin, GA

1.4/5 (143 ratings)

About Farmers Furniture

Farmers Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farmers Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I am very dissatisfied with my purchase of mattresses at Farmers Furniture. To explain: I was shopping for mattresses at Farmers Furniture in Bainbridge, GA. I saw a set that had a large on sale sign sitting on top of the mattress set for $499.00 for the set. So I asked our sales person to make sure that, that price was for the entire set. We were told yes no doubt the price of $499.00 was absolutely the cost for the entire set of box spring and mattress. I decided to purchase this given this information.

However, the price was then changed to $799.00 for the set. Immediately after being told it was $499.00 for the set. THE PRICE AT $799.00 for the entire set. Bait and switch! Bait with a low price and switch to a higher price. BUYER BEWARE! I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN. IS THAT NOT AGAINST SOME LAW? Yes I do have an eye witness. My friend also bought a set that was with me on that day that bought the same set, was told the same price and was given the same higher price as I was. What gives? Fair is fair and that ain't fair.

Resolution response: June 1, 2017

Since this review, the furniture was paid off and the owner addressed the issue of the furniture falling apart by replacing the cushions on the chairs for the coffee table, one cushion for the couch as a replacement, and one couch cushion cover for future. Now the furniture looks better. I thought it would be fair to show that they did something about it. This response is in relation to the older post from a year and a half ago.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2015

Bottom line... if you purchase anything from this company they will chase you down if your payment is even one day past the due date, call your phone multiple times per day, send texts, show up at your house and leave a business card that makes you feel like you are being stalked, and send threatening messages from a man that says that you "really need to call him" in an authoritative voice. The furniture was delivered by guys who scraped it across our front door and left a gash in the metal door where the paint scraped off. Then it all started to fall apart in the first week, and we realized that it was barely assembled. We had to get out the tools and tighten everything ourselves. The couches had loose stitches that came unraveled and look like junk now. We sent photos of these things along with a description and complaint to the manager and got absolutely no response.

As far as we are concerned, we have already overpaid for the service and products that we received. That doesn't change the fact that we owe them as agreed, and they will get their money. It just makes us angry that they so aggressively go after their money when their product was poor and we have already paid almost all of the balance. Next time we will go to a store that respects their customers instead of treating them like they are criminals. They are like the slumlord of furniture stores. I can't wait until they are paid in full so that I can just get them out of my life.

Ever since my Dad died in September I have been struggling due to funeral and travel costs and can't bring myself to talk to them. I am ashamed that any payment is late, and this is the latest we have ever been. I know I should not avoid them but I don't think they will care. They just want their money. Now. I just made another payment today, and hopefully that will get them to leave me alone for a couple days. Three more to go...

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I recently moved from Colorado and wasn't able to bring my living room furniture. I was driving by Farmers Furniture and decided to stop. Paid over $1200 cash for a sectional and chair. The delivery took a week and the delivery guys brought my furniture in NOT wrapped, banging it against walls, dragging it across my hardwood floors. The legs on the couch are scratched, 2 small holes in the couch from the guy digging his nails trying to grip the couch.

Called and spoke with ** the store manager. He informed me he would refund my delivery fee and give me a set of lamps for free. When he came to my home I showed him the holes. He said, "I will also give you a area rug and we will call it even." I said, "Ok." Got to the store, ** gave me $59 for the delivery fee and it was $69. When I corrected him he slammed the $10 on the counter. Then told me he never said he would give me a set of lamps while yelling at me and wouldn't let me talk. He would yell over me when I tried to tell him what he said. I walked out the store with an area rug, $69 refund and the number to corporate. Very unprofessional and will not purchase from this store again. 6121 Fairburn Rd.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

The experience of purchasing a love seat from this company is the worst I have ever had in buying furniture. 3 months ago we bought it and realized when delivered it did not have full padding on arms and the lid on the console did not fit... We couldn't get our glasses to stand up straight. Contacted store numerous times and finally, tired of the lies about ordering part and calling me, I filed complaint with the BBB. As of today, October 25, 2015, still no love seat replacement. NEVER purchase from this store or this company. They are not to be trusted... By the way, the manager of the store said she had no knowledge of the problem... What does that tell you? A manager who doesn't know what is happening in their store? Makes me wonder about the company in general.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

So, we bought a couch from Farmers. It was on sale because it had some minor cosmetic damage. We asked the sales guy, sales lady, manager, and customer service exactly why it was on sale, was it a return? Was it previously purchased and returned? We were told, "No, it's on sale because it has cosmetic damage." Well, we pick the couch up on Sunday evening, get it home and put it in the living room. What do we see tonight? BEDBUGS! The "brand new" couch is infested with bedbugs! So we get to spend our Tuesday night (it's already 1 am) moving the heavy couch out, and washing everything in our house and trying to avoid an infestation in our home. You sold us this couch under false pretenses because unless your store is infested with bedbugs, and therefore all furniture you sell, THERE IS NO WAY THIS COUCH WAS BRAND NEW! We will be contacting you and corporate tomorrow.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2015

We have been with Farmers Furniture (Rincon, GA) for over 10 years. Our whole house is filled with their furniture. Whenever we had something break, they came out immediately to fix it. We paid off our account, and we were at a zero balance when we went back in to purchase a bed suite. Service was great. Every month since then. I am NEVER over 30 days past due, but they have called me up to 10 times a month asking about my payment. They have called my work up to FIVE times in a row, and this last week, they called me ONCE, and then started calling the references of the people that I had on my application. When I called to talk to the Credit Manager, he was very rude with me telling me that if I paid on time, this wouldn't happen. Well, I was 11 days late... I told him that I would NEVER do business with them again. The way they treat their LONG standing customers are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

I went in looking for a certain type of bed which they didn't have & the man who was suppose to be helping me really wasn't trying to hear what I was saying concerning the bed. So he claimed that he was going to try & find the bed I wanted & he took down my name & number & never called me. So two days later I went back to the store & the same man was there and plus a woman that was already aware of what was going on & neither the same man or woman was eager to help me & acted really snobby & so the women said for the second time around that the same guy would call me about the bed again. The man didn't call, very unprofessional & knocking the store from making money from customers like me who's willing to spend that much in cash all at once. So I took my 1600 in cash, what I was gonna spend in their store, & spent it in another furniture store.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

Farmers Furniture is a dang quack. I got a bedroom suite from them. Well naturally it had broken. I had to take pictures and send a pic message to them which is stupid. Anyways it took them over a month to fix one little board. They kept hounding me about a payment. I said when my bed is fixed I will make my payment. Well they wasn't happy, he said "if you don't make a payment we will garnish your check." Well I called today and asked if I could bring in a little each week to catch it up. That ** said no and so I told him to do what they had to do. He threatening me with court. Oh yeah this is HARTSELLE AL. These ppl don't care about customers. They care about money. He said they do not pick up merchandise and those delivery trucks they have are a waste of money cause we had to go get our riding lawn mower and a few other things. I am just giving a warning to everyone. Go to AARON'S.

Original review: July 21, 2015

I purchased a complete bedroom set to include an additional dresser and night stand from the Washington North Carolina store the first of June 2015. The sales representative was very helpful and pleasant. The bedroom set was a high end purchase and I paid for all of the furniture in full, in cash. When the furniture was delivered to my home, I noticed that one of the dresser drawers had a stain flaw in the finish. I went to the store with the drawer to show them the issue. This is when my problems began.

First I was advised that NO ONE in the store except the store manager could address the issue. I was also told the manager is only in the store 3 days a week. I asked to have the manager call me. After several calls from me over a week’s period of time, I was finally able to speak with him. Once he was advised of the issue, he stated he would order another drawer for me and it would take about a week to come in. Two weeks later I had not heard from the manager.

I began the process all over again. Unless I call the store and make myself a pain in the backside, I do not hear from them. I have been told so many different stories about replacing the defective drawer I have lost count. I have been told the bedroom set I purchased was a discontinued model, which I was not told when I purchased it. I have been told they ordered the wrong replacement drawer, a completely different style and color. I have been told it's on back order and I have been told that the manufacturer will have to specially make a replacement drawer for my dresser.

It is now almost the end of July and I still do not have a complete dresser, I am still missing a drawer. I have not heard a word from the manager or the store in 2 weeks. I called today and was again told that the store manager is the only person that can assist me. No one else in the store admits to knowing anything about my special order, where my defective drawer is or when or if I will get a replacement drawer for the dresser I purchased.

I paid cash...in full...for quality furniture. I am so disappointed with the customer service at the Washington North Carolina store I can not even tell you. I had expected to purchase several pieces of living room furniture, another bedroom set and possibly furniture for my sunroom from Farmer's Furniture. NOT NOW. I would not spend another dime in this store, ever.

Original review: May 15, 2015

I purchased a mattress first then went to add a gun case. Had one acct. closed to do a add-on so they can get more interest and money. Then added a couch. Paid for Scotchguard. Was applied right. Had acct. closed to add this and had a card saying, "Add up to $1200.00 to my existing acct. Keep same payment again." Didn't happen and have a bad couch. Its frame is warped. It has bleached places from them trying to clean it and its padding is gone. Can feel boards and metal when you sit on it.

Been trying for over a month to have them give me a different couch to swap this one out. I don't want it. It's bad quality. Refuse to pay for something that's been damaged since I had it delivered. Manager keeps giving me a runaround. I'm beyond mad. I'm disabled. Just wanting a comfortable, well built and padded couch to be able to sit on. And they won't do anything but give me a runaround, saying waiting on corporate and vendor to get back with them, after they have charged me $1000 more in finance charges. Closes each acct when it should have been added to existing acct. Please help if you can. I need a new, different brand couch that has StainGuard applied the right way that I paid for already.

Original review: May 2, 2015

Purchased chair and a half. Chair delivered was not what was displayed as floor model but had same item number!!! Seat cushion not as plush as floor model.... very little stuffing. Assured it was like floor model. I'm not crazy.... it isn't, but you really DO get what you pay for! $350 is a bargain but not when you are spending it on lies!!!!!! This was my first purchase at FHF and it will be my LAST!!!! How do these people stay in business????

Original review: April 23, 2015

I have been a customer of this Farmers Furniture location for over 10 years. I have previously received excellent service from the employees at this location.

Today was no exception. My son moved to Baton Rouge, LA last weekend and I will be moving his furniture this weekend. There were some additional pieces of furniture that I wanted him to have, so I called my Farmers store, told my dedicated salesperson what I needed and in a very short time had assembled a dining room set, a desk and an awesome cocktail table, all done over the phone. My paperwork will be ready for me to sign when I go to pick up the furniture.

I don' t know about these other people that are unhappy with the Farmers Furniture stores in their towns, but maybe they need to try my Farmer's Furniture store and see what customer service and customer satisfaction are all about. It would be worth the drive. Thank you Annette Davis (store owner) and your dedicated shareholders/sales persons, ** and Ms. **. You guys are the greatest! Very, extremely satisfied, lifetime customer.

Original review: April 19, 2015

Went in our local Farmers Furniture store in AL and ordered a sectional. They told me it would be a week or two before it would arrive at my house. We agreed to pay monthly payments once it arrived starting the next month. When I got home we got to looking at our den and realized the sectional would probably be too big so we decided to call the very next day to cancel the order then order something else from them that would be a better fit.

No money had exchanged hands at this point and the furniture had not even been shipped much less delivered. When I called the guy the next morning he told me I couldn't cancel the order. When I asked why he said he had already ordered the sectional and when it arrived he wouldn't have room for it on his sales floor. I told him if it hasn't shipped yet you should be able to cancel the order. We had just been in the afternoon before. He said once orders were placed from their warehouse they couldn't be canceled.

This made no sense. Especially since he told me it would be 1-2 weeks before the order would even arrive. I asked to speak to a manager and he said he was the only manager there. He then went on to tell me that I would still owe them money even if I refused the order because we had agreed to finance it and that if I didn't want it I could sell it to someone else. Really?! At this point we really didn't know what to do.

My husband went ahead and decided to keep it because frankly this guy made it seem as if we had no other choice. It was too big for our den but we removed the corner piece to make it work. Instead of sending us a monthly bill the receptionist would call us each month to remind us that our payment was due the next day. Every month for a year I had to call and give my credit card over the phone to one of them to make a payment. It was ridiculous. The worst part is once the couch came it became quickly apparent it was uncomfortable and cheaply made. It had several recliners built in and in less than a year the cushions were flat and one of the recliners refused to close.

You could feel the wood beneath the cushion. It was the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I've ever owned. After we finally managed to pay it off we saved for another couch and the next year replaced it. We gave the sectional to a family member. As bad as it was it felt wrong asking any money for it. We just wanted it gone. We bought our new couch from a different local store and have sworn we will never deal with Farmer's again.

The customer service here is terrible. They make no effort to work with you to even try to make sure you're satisfied. We were threatened to be charged for something even if we refused it and they would not cancel an order even before it had been shipped. Had I waited a week to cancel or waited till the item had arrived I could've seen being in the wrong but I believe they refused to cancel the order because they didn't want to lose a sale. It didn't matter whether the customer was satisfied or not. What's bad is had they canceled the sectional we were going to order something else from them. Now they will never get our business or money again.

Original review: March 12, 2015

Received approval for credit, no down payment. Payment deferred until April, approval began in March. Pick out mattress in store, let me lay on it and the salesman told me I can get a bottle of special solution to clean mattress if stains or whatever gets on it, had a witness. Mattress set should have came on a Friday. They give you a paper telling you this. Didn't happen. I had to call and ask were they going to deliver. They lied and said it was suppose to be delivered on Sat. I said okay. Manager calls back and says, "We only have mattress and not box spring, will deliver mattress tomorrow and box spring probably Tuesday." I said "you can deliver them together," said okay.

Manager calls Sat morning and say, "We can deliver, we have another delivery in your town." I said, "I told you yesterday you can deliver at same time." Persisted to deliver that day, I said okay. Delivered on Sat, they called before time and told me time they would come. Came, asked delivery man where was the spray, he said, "We treat it in the store." I said, "That's not what you told me. I wouldn't have agreed to give you 49.95 if you told me this. Plus how do I know you sprayed it and why would you open a brand new mattress and spray it." Laid it down, and left.

Me and a friend sat on the bed and it immediately went straight in, spanked in. We sat on the other side to compare and it didn't do the same. I said "I'm calling them Monday, there's a defect." Called and someone said, "We don't change mattress." I said "for a defect." "No", he replied. Getting to point, by Wednesday called back, said "It's a defect, I need another mattress or I don't want the account." Manager was busy with customer, the CMT said and "will call you back." Didn't happen, but he did get her to call back to let me know he has to come to my house to check the mattress himself.

In all the years I've lived, never heard of a manager coming to your house to see merchandise and he will decide. I said ok, he will see. Let him come and see the defect and he needs to bring their truck once he see it so he can get his property, by the way, never got box springs. Never heard a manager, person in the office coming to your house to check out furniture, crazy. Don't want their business.

Original review: March 7, 2015

Bought a sofa for $800 - paid it, went back. Bought lawn furniture, paid off. Bought bunk beds paid $1800, paid it down to $400. Went back bought a another sofa because other one broke springs and did not hold up. I ended up losing my right hand in a accident on chop saw, lost my job because of it, hospital bills grew to over $750,000. Even through all of this never ever missed payments, sent hospital, doctors, what I could afford and paying Farmers the full payment each month.

Well over 21 months after accident, hospitals started suing me - had to file bankruptcy. Called Farmers to tell them the whole story. Well tried to keep making payments to them and they would not take, went to court and tried to settle with them of what I owe was $1325. Farmers attorney said the balance was now $1790 because of Farmers' legal fees. Tried to get them to accept $1325 cash money - was told all of the $1790 or nothing. They would pick up furniture and throw in their dumpster. So I was not going to threaten by them so they took nothing and picked up furniture. Went to their dumpster and got the furniture out same day. So they would not take what I owed them because I would not pay the extra $400.

Original review: March 4, 2015

This store doesn't deserve the one star I gave it. The Fitzgerald Ga Store is a joke. The store manager ** is a **. ** are very rude. I called about my furniture because it fell apart when I rearranged it. ** preceded to tell me that I didn't need to move my furniture around and then I should have left how it was. I felt threatened. Who is she to tell me what I can do with my belongings? I have been a Farmers customer for over 20 years. And honestly the quality of the furniture gets crappier and crappier. It is not worth the money. You would be better off going to Goodwill. I will never spend another dime in this store or any other Farmers store. I was refused a sale of a discontinued item by Mr. ** that was marked down to 35.00 because my niece worked there. I was told I had to pay the full price of 95.00. It didn't make a bit of sense to me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

We purchased a living room set. Upon delivery, we told them something was wrong with the couch. Nothing ever happened to fix the issue. Then on top of that the sofa and love seat are tearing where the seams are sewn and stitching is coming undone. On top of this, the cushions are not holding up to normal wear. I have called and called. No one returns the call or follows up. I will not do business with them again nor would I recommend them to anyone. They do not stand behind what they sell.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

My set was delivered on 2-14-15. The wedge would not set level so it was turned over and found the board in the bottom was cracked through. We called the store, the manager was suppose to call back. We sat around waiting. The furniture was not of the quality we were expecting- it was really light weight. I too didn't like the experience we had at the store. They were not friendly - it's like we were just taking up their time. WE WILL NOT SHOP THERE AGAIN AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR ANYONE ELSE TO TRY THERE.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

While I have never written a review before, I feel compelled to after this terrible experience at the Orange City FL location. Not only were we sold a CLIQ clack that fell apart within a month, but also two loveseats that broke within that same time period. After me and my family asked to have it traded out for product that was actually worth 1500+ dollars, we were refused, and they sent a guy out to fix them. He was given the wrong parts and could only do minor repairs, we never received any further repairs and we're refused when we asked.

After all of we refused payment as the loveseats and CLIQ clack, we're too DANGEROUS to sit on as both me and my sister were poked by spring in the CLIQ clack and it finally fell almost completely apart and the denied that it was even under warranty. 4 months we had it in the living room and it had year warranty (we are not very big or heavy people), we were taken to court for litigation. And the judge ruled that we could trade the pieces of decrepit garbage and inferior craftsmanship for items of equal or lesser value.

Now that we have found the pieces we want, and we're informed that it would be shipped today, we called and they said we were the 3rd delivery. Mind you we live not 2 blocks from the store, not only were they late, but they never showed nor did we receive any call informing us of a delay or a later scheduled date for a delivery. Upon going up to the store we discovered that the truck was sitting outside locked up and another customer had received similar dissatisfaction. Me nor my family will ever shop here again. Poor customer service, belittle mental managers and inferior products for the same price as Ashley Furniture.

DO NOT SHOP HERE.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

My first purchase was a dining room set. Was good until right before pay-off. Then the services started to bubble up. Called them and was told they no long use that manufacture so that they can not owner the warranty. Second purchase was a freezer and a fireplace TV stand. Freezer went smooth but fireplace was a joke. I was told 3 times that they could get it. Then the day of delivery they called and said it was on back order. They...when that date came...they said, "Sorry, it has been discontinued."

I waited 6 weeks now so I called and spoke to another sales person and tried to order it. They said that was discontinued 4 months ago. Are you kidding? I did get another style. It's okay but not what I wanted. Third item was a king-size bed that I paid cash for. The first week it was all scratched up and at 11 months of owning it, I went to move it and the headboard and side rail broke off. So I will never go back there again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2015

I had a defective mattress. I came in the store in Anniston AL. I was told they would replace the mattress. I sat it outside at the dumpster. No one came. I called and the associates acted as if they didn't know about the situation. I had to go back to the dumpster and get the mattress. They came and took pictures and then said they couldn't replace because of a stain. I tried to explain to latoya the sales person I spoke with. It was because it was TAKEN to the dumpster. I spent over 3000 cash for items and even got an extended warranty. I have had the mattresses two years. I need to know will I get it replace or Do I need to obtain a lawyer?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

This happened in the Valley, AL store and was the single worst buying experience of my entire existence. Some of the stuff that I bought from them was delivered on the promised date....the rest was not. In fact, they forgot to reorder the items that they said were damaged. I would have never received them had I not called to question why I hadn't gotten them yet. Also, if you buy from them on credit, be VERY careful and read ALL of the fine print on your contract. Disregard what you are verbally told by the salesperson who goes over the contract with you. Just read ALL of the contract... like twice. I ended up paying double what I thought that I owed and way more than my credit limit was somehow and even paid for insurance on the furniture that I was told I needed since I was buying on credit. But after reading the contract (days after I had signed it), I saw that it was all optional....$850 worth of crap I didn't need. But hey, I signed the contract so I was basically up the creek. Honestly, I don't normally ever write reviews of places, but I feel like I was taken advantage of here and would just like to warn others about this place.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

Have done business with the Clanton location for about three years. Never been late with payment. Never missed a payment! I call to add a Christmas present for my daughter and the manager there can't even be bothered to return my phone call! So I call to get the corporate office phone number and the store claims they don't know the number!!! Had to Google it to find number!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

Waynesboro, Georgia location: Made a purchase Sept. 27, 2014 with an agreed balance minus the finance charge if paid off in 90 days. Went back to pay out the account on Nov. 26, 2014. The sales representative stated I still owed more money. I expressed not according to the contract. They admitted a mistake they made on the contract and now they want to take me to court for $100 they say I still owe. December 8, 2014 around 2:15 p.m. the store owner and franchisee called my work office asking what we are going to do about this issue. I expressed to the store owner and franchisee that as far as I am concerned I have paid the balance of this sale and I should not have to incur the expense of the sales representative's mistakes. Not being able to completely express this to the store owner and franchisee, he began ranting about how I will be responsible for the $100 and the next payment was due on December 1, 2014 and if it is not paid by December 11, 2014 a late fee of $25 would be added.

I tried expressing to the store owner and franchisee that I spoke with authorities and the Judge in the magistrate court of Waynesboro; that I should not be talking to him and for him not to call my job, home or cell phone anymore and to report if he did. The store owner and franchisee went on in a threatening loud boisterous tone how I do not want to get caught up in litigations and embarrassing myself in court. I then hung up the phone. In this experience, it seems the store owner and franchisee would rather lose a valued customer rather than dismiss the mistake made by his sales representative and forgo $100 I do not owe. A valued customer who has spent thousands of dollars at this Farmers locations, always paid her accounts on time, not ever getting behind on payments, and who has never had a problem with previous purchases or contracts!!! I will not set foot in Farmer's Furniture ever again!!!!!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2014

My wife and I got a couch sectional. After it was delivered we did not sit on or use it at all for a few months. My wife sit on the left end of the couch, she told me a board is loose on it. I went to look at it and I put my right hand on it and moved it back and forth. My wife is not a big person at all. When I made the next payment she added a note on the check but they never did call. My wife called them concerning this problem about a month or so later. They told her that they would have to take it apart and fix it. No way, they should replace it. We don't use the that couch at all.

In the store it looked nice, I sat on it and it felt good but what they brought us was a couch with a loose arm on the end. I am very discouraged with Farmers Furniture and I would never let them take my brand new couch apart to fix it. Who else does this? Go to buy new furniture at new furniture price but get a broken down crap couch. If you're looking for American quality it's not there.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

I went in last Thursday to make my payment on my tory built zero degree lawnmower that I paid $3,150 for. So I make my payment with my debit card like I always do, get my receipts and leave. I get a call almost a week later saying the lady that rang me up accidentally only charged me 1.08 for my 108 payment (not my fault). I live pay check to pay check and on a strict spending but with Christmas I spent the extra money I didn't realize was there. So now I’m 2 weeks behind with no way to come up with the payment. The manager was very rude and told me he had to make the payment today or late fees will be applied. This is no way to conduct business. It's not fair for me to have to struggle to come up with the payment that I tried to pay.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I have done business with Farmers Furniture now for 2 years and like the selection of products. However I too have had things happen when I was not always able to make my payments on time. At first they would harass me until I made it clear that I did not appreciate being harassed when I had already told them when I would be able to make my payment! So they did put me on the do not call list. So I went in today and made my payment early and I asked about my credit limit and was told that I am so over my credit limit and that I would not be able to purchase anything on credit at all right now. I said "Well that's funny cause I went over to Badcock and got a $5000 credit limit and had to buy my son's bed at Badcock because of the so called Farmers policy!!" Well it's not so much about their policy as is their manner... They talk down to you in a condescending manner like you are not worth anything and I as a customer do not appreciate that at all!! After all my account is helping to pay these people's salaries and retirement!!

What is it about Lake City that sucks so bad? The horrible customer service that is provided to its customers!! The other funny thing is that I can go buy a brand new $30,000 car but I am not allowed to purchase anything more from Farmers!! At the beginning they were so nice to me and allowed me to open an account and Margaret told me that it would be better for me to make my payments for the length instead of paying it off early!! Since then I have talked down to and would not recommend anyone to shop there. I do like Mark and Nora and they have been very nice and respectful but now the others are talking down to me like I am not worth being their customer!

I certainly wish that they all would treat their customers with respect and not be so degrading to their customers! After all wouldn't they like to be treated with respect also? What happened to putting yourself in your customers shoes???? Treating others as you would like to be treated? Does it make you feel good to treat customers poorly? What kind of person does this and continues to work with the public? When you have a customer based business you would think that you would want to have customers rather than to drive them away!! Extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism that is portrayed at this store...and yet it's not all the employees, it's just a couple of them that need to find another line of work!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2014

I purchased a bed with drawers attached to the bottom and mattress and everything else that comes with it after. First when I received I was really satisfied but after a while I was cleaning one of the drawers, when I pulled it out it broke and also the wooden pallets that hold the mattress and the bass broke. They said I would need more and they would fix it, they never did. And when I told them about the broken drawer, they said they couldn't fix it and also the mattress piece that goes under the mattress is broken. I also told them. They said it didn't have warranty but when I purchased the bed, they said I had warranty on anything and until now I'm not paying them until they come and fix my bed. I have my baby that sleeps with me and wouldn't want him to get hurt because of this cheap bed..

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I went with my son and his girlfriend to the Gainesville Georgia store to purchase a sofa and a recliner. When there the sales manager made the what appeared to be a good deal on the entire set if they took the floor model. He also stated the Farmer's warranty was a good deal which was 7% of the purchase price and they would handle repairs for two years if anything happened. This was something we were going to do since we were buying the floor model. The other salesperson confirmed to us that the extended warranty would be added to his monthly bill and not part of his finance. They were also having 12 months interest free. When the paperwork was completed they were not going to give him the 12 months interest free which was posted throughout the entire store but they did go ahead and honor that. After all paperwork was complete and he had made his down payment we were told we would not have the extended warranty since we bought the floor model and it was sold as is.

They contacted the sales manager who said he did not say that and the other salesperson said she did say that but not when we were taking the floor model. After speaking with the finance person she also said since we were buying a floor model we did not even get the manufacturer warranty. We cancelled the entire transaction since we were lied to on multiple occasions. As we were leaving the lady salesperson said we would have gotten the manufacturer warranty which according to the finance department that was incorrect. With all that said, please use extreme caution if purchasing from this company. If all the salespeople do not know the rules or if they do then they are just saying whatever they can to get you to buy. We will never purchase anything from Farmer's.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

The IT person is not friendly and hung up on me.

Farmers Furniture Company Information