2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Ethan Allen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ethan Allen?

Original review: March 3, 2020

We ordered a sofa and two chairs from Audrey ** at Ethan Allen in Milford Jan 12, 2020 after several trips to the store before we made our decision. Audrey was very patient with our need to take time with the decision. We placed the order on Jan 12. The furniture came on Feb 29! The delivery was easy, the men were careful with everything and located the pieces where we wanted them. It looks great! We chose a muted paisley for the chairs. The pattern is perfectly centered on the backs, the cushions and matched to the bottom of the chairs. We purchased furniture from Ethan Allen the last time we bought furniture. After 25 years and 5 moves we decided it was time for new things and are happy to report that this new stuff looks like it will last another 25 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

We are writing this note from our experience with a specific Customer Service Rep from Ethan Allen Furniture Store in Montreal QC, CA. Ethan Allen Design Consultant Zania **, re; our experience with her was awesome. She was sooo patience with us and soo knowledgeable. We traveled to the Montreal QC. store twice and she traveled to our home (2 hrs from Montreal) as well to help us design and decide what would work best in our living room. We know we can be difficult but she was amazing in dealing with us and assisting us in making our final decision and purchase. Zania thank you again. You are the best and the number 1 reason why we chose Ethan Allen for our Furniture Purchase.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

We choose Ethan Allen because we found the brand-name and products in China through its partner MARKOR. We love the style and then we search if there is any store in Montreal. Lucky enough there is one and Zania approached us as a designer. I have to say the whole process is so smooth and wonderful. Zania worked closely with us about every details, not only style, color, taste but also propose some products with very attractive price! She's also the person who help us to coordinate the delivery and install because we were not in Montreal at that time. And quality side, we have no complain about their products. Everything seems to be good condition. We also buy the insurance which can cover some damages/accidents. We highly recommend Zania as your designer and also highly recommend Ethan Allen as your high end furniture choice.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

My husband and I were get up with our mattress and decided to do research and find a high quality firm mattress. We were also in the search for a sturdy couch. After extensive research we found both at Ethan Allen. The moment we walked into the store from the last point of our delivery we were satisfied. Chris at the Ann Arbor store put himself out there to offer suggestions. We took a mattress quiz and it offered us options to meet our needs. All of the staff was inviting and open to our questions and so patient when we said we need a moment to think about this purchase. We were left alone to discuss our thoughts and agreed to the selection and purchased them. Chris kept in touch with me throughout the 3 week wait.

We had a chair that we bought from Ethan Allen in 1995 that we wanted to keep but it needed to be reupholster. Chris put us onto a guy that works with Ethan Allen. Chris even went so far as to suggest colors and fabric based on our current living room furniture. Now it's 3 weeks later and the two delivery guys come to the house looking neat, clean and so pleasant. They were in an out of the house in 10 minutes removing all of the plastic and the old mattress. Believe me the quality of service, workmanship and quality of the product and the effective way we were approached all along the way is worth the money. Thank you Chris - you are fantastic.

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was our lucky day when my husband and I went to Ethan Allen's Arlington, TX store and were greeted by Sara **. We have purchased many Ethan Allen pieces for our home and at this time were in the market for a new sofa. Sara ** guidance was superb and very much appreciated in helping us to choose just the right sofa to suit our home. Next was the overwhelming task of choosing the fabric. Sara was focused on helping us locate the absolute perfect fabric that would blend beautifully with our room. Her design skills, product knowledge, and expertise made our sofa purchase a true pleasure. It was delivered in the time frame she quoted and is an absolutely gorgeous addition to our living space.

We subsequently decided to purchase two recliners for our kitchen sitting room and called Sara for an appointment. Upon our arrival she had two fabric choices selected that were both perfect. We easily and immediately chose one of them. Sara has a very unique talent and she is extremely qualified. She is so gracious and her patience is unending in striving to understand your personal needs and wishes. Sara is now considered a treasured friend! We are patiently awaiting the arrival of what I know will be two amazingly beautiful recliners. Sara ** is a rare find and I highly recommend her for any Ethan Allen purchase you might be considering!

Original review: June 17, 2020

I purchased approximately $9000 of furniture from Ethan Allen Amherst NY. Less than 2 years later I put in a service call because the cushions were wrinkled and lost support and the trim became kinked and wavy. This occurred long before I placed the call. Only me and my husband at home plus we have a family room which is used primarily over these loveseats. When purchased I was advised to rotate and flip cushions every 2-3 months. When I called for service I was told every month. The last email I received told me I should have flipped and rotated Cushions every week! The loveseats are garbage. Very poorly made.

In the past I’ve purchased Furniture from Macy’s, La-Z-Boy and Ashley’s for a lot less and have NEVER had these issues. Ethan Allen did not even have the courtesy to come and look at it. I requested someone further up on the chain call me to discuss further. Basically they sent me an email that stayed since I did not perform WEEKLY maintenance they were closing the case! The sofa I bought from Ashley’s cost me $500 and was used continuously in a lake house and I had no issues at all! Ethan Allen is just a name that sells poor quality furniture and no customer service. Basically a slap on the hand for not flipping cushions. With only 2 people living in the house and the loveseats getting minimal use I find this unacceptable. Buy your furniture elsewhere and don’t make the same mistake I did. If I can post pictures I will.

Original review: June 15, 2020

My wife and I are in the process of redecorating a few rooms in our home. Last December we ordered new bedroom furniture from Ethan Allen (custom King bed, 2 nightstands and 2 dressers). It took 6 weeks or so to get everything made and delivered, but we figured it wasn't that bad as they actually had to make the custom bed. Delivery was through a third-party delivery service who had pretty bad customer service and absolutely refused to be accommodating, but eventually we got it all sorted out. In the end, we were happy with the furniture and looked to Ethan Allen when we started in the living room last month.

We found an area rug we liked on EthanAllen.com that was available and in stock. We ordered it on May 20th. It took until June 15th for them to actually call us to set up delivery. They said they could deliver the rug June 26th, 12 days after the call to schedule delivery and 37 days after an online order of an in-stock area rug. No options. No time window. Just their date or bust. That date didn't work for us, and the next available delivery day wasn't until July 9th, 50 days after we ordered an in-stock rug.

I asked why so far out, and the answer was, "We don't get out to New Jersey that often." As the rug is currently about an hour away in CT, I asked if I could just pick it up. The answer, of course, was no. I really should have read these reviews before ordering. This has been an annoying waste of time. While the quality of their products is good, Ethan Allen's customer service and delivery service are beyond horrible. I can honestly say this is the last Ethan Allen item I will ever order. There are much better companies with much better service and equal or better quality out there. Ethan Allen will need to evolve or they will likely fade out of existence... Hopefully, the latter. Brands whose customer services doesn't grow and improve deserve to go out of business.f.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Ethan Allen to make your customers extremely satisfied you need to check the furniture order and artwork before it arrives at the home needing repairs.. It shouldn't be the customers responsibility to take pictures and negotiate repairs or replacement... In our case with all the back and forth we settled for a 15% discount which is nothing to what we had paid for the artwork and the stools and their issues. Just couldn't take the stress of it all any longer. It saddens me to even write this experience since Ethan Allen was always our family store to shop in..

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I request replacement part for a pieces of furniture and she got me the part in no time. The chair screws were missing for a while and I couldn't find it in other tool stores. I went to ETHAN ALLEN store at 8134 Yonge Street in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada where ** is Operations Administrator. She got the parts from warehouse and I was relief.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I highly recommend Kelly ** at the Ethan Allen store at Johnstown, Colorado. She provided be with excellent design and decorating advice. My great room turned out amazing! I absolutely love it.

Nancy

Ethan Allen author review by ConsumerAffairs

For over 80 years, this company has offered furnishings for living and dining rooms, bedrooms and offices, plus outdoor, lighting, rugs and décor.

• Services: Free consultations with a professional designer before you order.

• Delivery: Ship anywhere in the contiguous United States.

• Returns: Custom and clearance items cannot be returned.

• Warranty: Furniture protection plans available at multiple price tiers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team