Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website
  2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.98/5
Based on 1,694 ratings

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

We are one of the Top 200 E-tailers worldwide and was nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites.

Simply put – we sell furniture, with over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor

We are dedicated to provide you a great selection of home and office furniture at affordable prices.

Cymax Stores USA reviews products from many different manufacturers to bring you great styles that suit every taste and style!

View More View More

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Cymax Stores USA Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2014

Good quality, beautiful shower curtains. Thanks.

Original review: July 30, 2014

We are extremely happy with our Kitchen Island and the service we received from Cymax. The island was very well packaged and easy to assemble.

Original review: July 30, 2014

I purchased the chocolate-color platform bed.... When it arrived it was the heaviest piece of furniture ever. I opened up the box and it Has a 100 pieces to it. It was very difficult to assemble. I'm very good putting things together with no problems but this bed took me till 4 to 9 pm to put together, and I still have the molding to put around the edges of my bed... I was so frustrated with this purchase. I'm glad I didn't order the headboard to this bed.... The instructions didn't help any.... I was very disappointed... I will not purchase anything from Cymax again. Too difficult to assemble.

Original review: July 29, 2014

Easy to order, great price, received quickly - what's not to like!

Original review: July 26, 2014

Thank you. Lovely piece.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: July 24, 2014

Easy to shop with and find what I was looking for. Will use again.

Original review: July 24, 2014

I have been looking for a storage tower for my DVD's for a while and found this online. I placed my order and I couldn't believe how fast it arrived. It was shipped very security and it was very easy to put together. I'm very pleased with my purchase from Cymax.

Original review: July 23, 2014

I stumbled this website while looking online for a writing desk. Didn't take long to find exactly what I wanted. Placing the order was prompt, clearly understood and quick. Had no problem shopping and checking out. I have already told some friends about the website and how convenient it was to shop! Great Site!

Original review: July 23, 2014

Great service. Fast processing and delivery of Sauder furniture item.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
    Original review: July 23, 2014

We recently received our desk. When we went to open the box and assemble it, we found a part was severely broken. We called your customer service number and the agent was very unhelpful, very unpleasant, and in my opinion very rude. His option given to me was not satisfactory, and was told, "That's not going to happen." I had to ask for his supervisor 3 times, before then being put on hold for over 20 minutes, then I hung up after a total of 53 minutes on phone wasted. I would hope someone calls me about this matter and makes it right. Right now my opinion of Cymax is at the bottom of the barrel.

Original review: July 23, 2014

Ordered for kitchen pantry. Most pantries have 4 even shelves. This cabinet has 4 shelves, but split down the middle so you can make 8 different height shelves, plus, you can add more if you're handy! Easy construction and it looks great with my oak cabinets! Very pleased.

Original review: July 23, 2014

At first, when I realized I placed two orders for the same products, immediately the order 'pending', was placed a cancel message. The return message was "We'll review your cancellation order and issue the cancellation in 2-3 days." I was a little apprehensive, so called Cymax and through the automated answers, I was satisfied, the duplicate order will be cancelled, and the Visa payment will be paid back within 7-10 days of cancellation.

On the order ** now in shipping process, I have a question whether or not FedEx will be calling (**) before delivery is made, because I live about 1/2 hour from the school. Thank you so much... am anxious to receive the NEEDED bookcases.

Original review: July 23, 2014

Home Styles Madison Wood Top Prep and Serve Kitchen Cart in Black - I am very happy with this product. It is a great quality. Well worth the money. I really liked the way it was packed. There is no way there could have been any damaged made during the shipment. I ordered this product on Friday and received it by Tuesday and that was with no shipping charges. I will definitely recommend this company and will buy again from them.

Original review: July 22, 2014

Headboard - We were very happy it came so fast. Have not opened it yet as we will be moving next week. Very anxious though.

Factual basis uncertain
    Original review: July 19, 2014

I purchased a loveseat on July 3rd accidentally - I wanted a sofa. When I noticed the mistake, I quickly cancelled my order three minutes later... Cymax charged my card immediately but there was nobody to talk to until the next Monday, when I was told the item might have been shipped. They gave me the runaround and three emails always stating another 5-7 business days are required to get my refund, it is out if their control... blah, blah, blah. I ended up disputing through my bank because they kept lying and lying and three weeks later still no money back. They hung up the phone on me. There is no supervisor or manager to talk to. When I posted comments on their Facebook site, they removed all of them and blocked me. Disgusting Canadian company. Americans, stop buying from them! I'm posting this message everywhere I can.

Original review: July 17, 2014

I am pleased overall with my recent experience. The item shipped on time and was delivered earlier than expected. There were two broken pieces when I opened the box but a quick call to customer service resulted in replacement parts shipped to me with no questions asked. The only drawbacks for me are the fit of some of the pieces and the packaging of the hardware. There are some pieces that don't fit perfectly tightly together - some adjustment may correct most of their issues. The hardware could have been packaged differently instead of everything thrown in together. All in all, the piece was a good value for the price.

Original review: July 17, 2014

Directions were a little difficult but overall satisfied with product.

Original review: July 16, 2014

Very nice bookcase. Good quality. I'm very happy with it!

Original review: July 16, 2014

I was not sure what to expect. I must say I love the headboard and it was very inexpensive.

Original review: July 16, 2014

I ordered 2 ladder bookshelves and love the look. I received my order quickly, 5 days. All required parts were there and product went together easily, although time consuming.

Original review: July 16, 2014

Ordered two swivel recliners that shipped faster than expected. Assembly was fairly easy except one of the brackets on one chair's back would not line up to accept the bolt. It looks like the bracket was welded a little out of spec. Anyway, after fighting with it and forcing it, I got the bolt to go into all the holes. I had to use a tool to help line up all the holes then hit the bolt head hard to force it through. This damaged the threads but the nut still went on. The recliner part on one of the chairs is difficult to operate. Chairs are obviously made in China as quality is marginal but the price of the chairs weren't bad. I wouldn't purchase anything else from this manufacturer.

Original review: July 16, 2014

My order was filled in a very timely manner and arrived within days of my order. I haven't opened all the packages yet, but all seems to be in order.

Resolution response: Oct. 12, 2014

Bought 2 bookcases and when they were put together, we had open spaces at the mitered corners. One on each bookcase. Then we had a finish strip that had a crushed end on it and had to be resent and replaced. Travis was the contact for us and he was very kind and we made an agreement to keep the bookcases as is and was offered a partial refund.

Original review: July 14, 2014

3 damaged shelves; 1 damaged trim board; joints ill-fitting; backing all wonky and could not secure properly. I thought we were buying bookcases of some quality given the price of $118 each. These were terrible and they are together and they don't sit square with each other. One trim board actually bends to the left and there is a narrow space between the 2 bookcases at the top and gradually widens at the bottom. I am embarrassed at how these look. I need to have some shelves replaced and this trim board that was chipped. Also 2 shelves had big chips out of them.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I ordered and received a $99 bar stool. I didn't expect much, but I did expect it to work. I assembled it (easy), raised the chair to test the height adjustment, and it froze there. Can't lower it, can't use the chair. The chair is very low quality, and perhaps for the price that isn't surprising, but it should work. I am surprised Cymax would deal with it. It isn't feasible to return it because then I would have to pay shipping both ways - not financially feasible. I won't be dealing with Cymax again.

Original review: July 11, 2014

I found the platform bed I wanted on Cymax at a great price. It shipped right away and delivered in about a week. I haven't set the bed up yet but I expect it will be exactly as I expect. Very easy process.

Original review: July 9, 2014

I've shopping for a media/tv cabinet and came across your website and ordered my cabinet. The style was what I was looking for and the price was great.

Original review: July 9, 2014

Must say my first purchase was shipped two hours after being ordered. My second purchase was shipped next day after being ordered. The wife and me do a lot of online shopping and no other place has been this fast and efficient. Keep up the good work and I'm sure I will order here again.

Original review: July 9, 2014

I ordered a Walker Edison 70 inch entertainment center. Both Cymax and Walker Edison did not have any internal dimensions of the shelves. Since it was 70 inches in width and advertised as an Entertainment Center one would only conclude that standard size A/V components would fit in this unit. Even the instructions to build this unit (almost 3 hours) did not give measurements. Only after putting the unit was put together did I realize that only 2 of 8 shelves were wide enough to house standard size components. 99.9% of a/v components are 17.1 inches in width and if you have a center channel speaker then the ent center would not hold even the cable dvr let alone the other 5 components unless on their side then only 2 can fit. Cymax will not accept this return. Telephone hold times are in excess of 40 minutes to make matters worse. Cymax solution to this was for me to sell this unit on eBay in an effort to recover some money. Warning, don't do business here!!

Original review: July 9, 2014

The Desk is sturdy, good quality. Nice selection to choose from.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: July 8, 2014

I placed an order for what I thought was a corner tv stand based on an item number given to me by a sales consultant on the phone. When the item was delivered it was not the one that I wanted. I received a rectangular unit, not corner. Cymax would not accept responsibility for their error and deducted outgoing shipping, restocking fee and I had to pay return shipping. The cost to me was $170.00 on a $300.00 item. They were EXTREMELY difficult to contact and did nothing to make their error right. I have ordered many things online and mail order and have NEVER had such a poor experience. Buyer beware.

Cymax Stores USA Company Information