Crib & Teen City

New York/New Jersey

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My fiance and I went to Crib and Teen City in Paramus, NJ and fell in love with a crib set by Munire - Savannah Collection. Scott, our salesperson, was very nice and showed us their floor model. It was a petal pink and the intricate detail of the furniture won us over. He told us that his pink floor model has been there for 2 months. My boyfriend looked at every corner of the furniture - in case there were any damages. There were none - just a few minimal scratches by the legs of the dresser. The chest was perfect and so was the crib itself. We got it at a great price. We purchased the crib, the chest and mirror, the dresser and the conversion kit. We left a down payment of $500 to hold it. We told him we would pick it up ourselves since we live near.

A week later, we called and told Scott that because of the weather (it was raining over the weekend), we would pick it up the following weekend. He said he needs it out. He went back and forth with my SO. They agreed on holding it for one more week in the store. On Fri 10/10, my SO decided to surprise me and have the store deliver it. They did. They arrived hours later than what they had originally told us and it was because apparently the drivers got into an accident. The dresser got scratched and chipped on the side and the top was also dented. We called the store manager and explained what happened and to our surprise they are refusing to help us! Scott, the salesperson, told us that we bought a floor model and it's an as-is purchase. We understand that, however, there were no damages to it prior to the delivery. We asked how it was wrapped; was the furniture correctly wrapped with the plastic and the moving blankets? If they were properly wrapped, I'm sure that it would've not been damaged.

Scott said that this specific collection is a discontinued one and they have no way to replace nor repair it. He basically said we can return it if we don't want it. He also said that it's a discontinued collection and there is no way to help us. We suggested at least a discount because of the damage it received due to THEIR driver.

I've been waiting for a call from them and every other day my fiancee calls to find out an update. They give us the run around - "they don't make these anymore", "you bought it as is", "bring it back then". They have been the most useless salespeople we've ever dealt with. We were expecting better service - especially because they sell all their furniture top dollar. I will never go back here. They are liars and just want to make sales... the discontinued collection I bought? I went into Munire Furniture website... and discontinued it is not. I emailed them directly... hopefully they can help me out. I just need the top of the dresser fixed or replaced.

We bought a bunk bed, we went to this store, and the salesman was wonderful, so polite, nice, and "accurate" - at least we thought so. We ordered, paid half of the price for both beds and mattresses. They never told us when they would arrive because the system never worked, every time we asked they didn't like it. Finally the beds came and I saw these holes, like when a child hits wood with a toy hammer, scattered little holes here and there, so I wrote to customer service and their answer after many mails back and forth was that, that style comes "distressed". Let me tell you something, this is not distressed style, it looks like hit by a hammer here and there. There is not even a pattern, it look horrible, and I could say nothing else, because when I went to see the floor sample again and it was like that, so please, check the beds and the woods carefully, because, I didn't see it and if a did I thought at that moment that it was like that because it was the floor sample. They have no idea what distressed means. I am very disappointed with the product the store and the salespeople there. They say whatever they have to say to catch you.

When I was pregnant with my son, I went to Crib & Teen City and explained that because I liked the Maxtrix furniture and wanted my son's room to utilize it in the future, I only wanted a 2-in-1 crib. This meant I wanted a crib that could be used as a toddler bed and was clear I would need a guardrail. Because of the color I was looking at for the Maxtrix furniture, there were only two possibilities with a guardrail and I paid the extra $89 for the guardrail. On April 7, 2013, when I opened the box to convert my son's crib (after my son began to try to climb out), I realized the guardrail I had was for the 3-in-1 the style of and brand crib I purchased. I called the store and spoke to the store manager who said he would call the warehouse the next day (as it was Sunday) and let me know if they had a rail in stock, they could get to me ASAP.

The next day when I spoke to him, he said we had a problem. The crib I bought never had an accompanying guardrail and he was checking with the manufacturer to see if the bed could even be structurally safe as a toddler bed (i.e., removing the front and only having the 3 sides). He was apologetic, so at that point, I was hopeful I could resolve this. Then I emailed their customer service as a back up and unfortunately had to then deal with Shelly **. In my initial email, I laid out my problem and concern as my son was now actively trying to climb out of his crib. I received a call that afternoon. So initially, I was told by her it was not their problem as I ordered the wrong rail. I explained that I ordered what they sold me as I was very clear in my needs.

The store does not utilize computers just books and the sales associate filled out the order form. (As seen in other posts, their showrooms are a mess, overcrowded to say the least.) I was TOLD there was a guardrail so yes, I paid for it. She then changed tactics and said just pull off the front and use it as a toddler bed. I explained that as of this afternoon, I was told the bed may not be structurally sound to use in that manner to which Shelly replied, "I am sure it will be fine." I said no, not an acceptable solution and even if it was okay to use as a toddler bed, my son was an active sleeper and a guardrail was needed to keep him from falling out. She then suggested I use the guardrail I had and zip tie it to the front of the crib. I explained I was not MacGyver and I had no intention to jerry-rig my son's crib.

She then suggested I just pull the front off and put pillows if I was afraid my son would fall out, even interrupting me as I tried to stop her from suggesting that and said pretty annoyed, "Just listen, put pillows in front of the crib." At that point, I said I needed to end the call as I did not find her suggestions appropriate and asked her to contact me with an acceptable solution (was also getting agitated). I called the store and was told that since customer service was handling it, they could not help me any longer. I had to email her a week later. Side note, I did contact the manufacturer and even though the manual for the crib clearly states guardrail and conversion kit sold separately, they said this style never had one and the stores should have been aware of that. But I could use it as a toddler bed if I found a rail.

After emailing her, she offered no real term solution. I could get crib that did not match in May or one that did in June but NOTHING now. In the meantime, I had taken to sleeping on my son's floor or pulling him into bed with me when he attempted to climb out. The end solution was they would need to come pick up the guardrail and provide me with a check for the return. (I did find a suitable universal rail on Amazon.) This also did not happen very quickly. The delivery did not occur. I believe it was 30 April when they came. I was given a 2-hour window which they did not meet. When they showed up, the check was not properly filled out. It only had my last name and was not signed. It had what looked like an attempt at the letter w instead. I told the guy I would not accept the check as it was not properly filled out. He shrugged. I tried calling multiple numbers but because it was 5:20 and all the numbers said they closed at 5, I got nowhere.

Finally, the delivery driver made a call and I was introduced to Edward ** who said he was the owner. Explained my difficulties with the company and did not trust I would be able to cash a check a 5-year old made out. He said he filled out the check and it was perfectly acceptable. In the end, I took his info and the check and waited for it to go through before I wrote this. But clearly, they are incompetent from the owner down to the sales associates!

I ordered a "teen" bed on December 28, 2012. I was told that it would take 4-6 weeks but closer to 4. The week of February 18 (around 7 weeks), I left messages at "customer service" and called the Springfield store where I bought the furniture. Finally on February 25th, I heard from ** in Springfield and was told it was on the truck. It rode around on the truck and was examined numerous times (that's what I was told whenever I called) for almost 3 weeks. Finally on March 15th, it was delivered (10 weeks). When I received it, the steps were damaged. Everything told me to return it after the runaround I had received, but I spoke to "Gina" and she promised me it would be on the truck the following week.

Of course, that week came and went, and I was told by Shelly that it would be 4 to 6 weeks. Again, I had to reach out to them and started emailing on May 6th. It went back and forth and then again the furniture rode around on the truck and was inspected for about 2 weeks before being delivered on May 28, 2014 - 5 months from the day they were ordered. They are terrible with their delivery and customer service. I don't think they have a clue as to where the furniture is and just make up stories. If I hadn't repeatedly contacted them, I feel that I may still be waiting for my furniture.

We are in the same situation as you. So far, we are three weeks after our originally promised delivery date and I haven't even gotten an apology from Gary. This place is a scam and has the absolute worst customer service EVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crib and Teen City?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I have been in the market for a trundle bed for my daughter's room for about 6 months. I have googled and read hundreds of reviews. Basically, what I came up with is that buying a quality trundle will last a lifetime. I went to Crib and Teen City in East Brunswick, NJ. When I walked in, the store looked a bit dingy. The furniture there was beautiful though. I went there a couple more times and then decided to purchase one. The sales associate, Gary, was super nice while I was looking and didn't pressure me into anything.

On March 22, 2013, I swiped my credit card and that's when the nightmare began. Gary told me it should be in on April 25. I called on April 25 and Gary's attitude had completely changed! He was very rude and belligerent. In so many words, he said I was crazy and that he never said the trundle would be in on April 25. I got a call from Gary a week later and he told me the footboard came in broken so I now have to wait two more weeks. At this point, I am in a rage. I spent $1,000 on a twin bed and you would think you would get 5 star treatment at a specialty store and I feel like I am at Walmart! I called the corporate headquarters and I am not getting any luck there either. Here it is May 16 and still no bed. Please stay very, very far away from Crib and Teen City East Brunswick!

In November of last year, my husband and I went into this establishment looking for a crib for our son that we just found out we were expecting. We ended up placing a deposit on a set for $100. Before we gave our money, my husband asked if we could get our money back if we changed our minds. He was told there was a 100% refund if we chose not to purchase the item. I called the company months later, in April, to let them know that I did not want to purchase this item any longer because I had received a crib as a gift.

I was told to contact Gina, the manager. When I did, she told me that I could receive the money when I brought the receipt into the store. Yesterday, I took the receipt into the store and called Gina, who never called me back. The lady said she would call Gina and handle it herself. The next day, Mitch, another representative, called my phone asking me to call Gina again because they held the item and she didn't remember promising me a refund. I called Gina, once again, at which point she did not answer. I called Mitch back and told him I needed my money back by tomorrow. He told me he was refusing to help me and began using profanity on the call. I advised him that I would be making a formal complaint since it seemed that no one would help me. I also called Gina back and received her voicemail again. At that time, I voiced my displeasure with the type of service I was receiving. Still, there is no call back.

We were first time buyers and had a wonderful experience. We were given the lowest prices based on shopping around and received our order in the time they told us. The drivers who delivered our furniture were quick and cleaned up after themselves. I give them good marks.

I am awaiting a three-week delayed furniture order that the store has said was "in transit" for two weeks, when in fact it had never left the manufacturer's warehouse. I've gotten nothing but dodged calls and insincere responses, and nothing even close to an attempt to rectify or satisfy this issue. The store neglected to release the order while telling me it was on a truck. Thus, I have been lied to while my 2-year old sleeps on the floor of his empty room for almost a month. The following is a day-by-day transcript of the issue:

On 4/28/2012, I ordered furniture through Crib City in Paramus. I paid in full. Delivery ticket indicates 5/25 delivery date. Sam is the contact. On 5/16/2012, I called to confirm order and delivery. Sam checks system and indicates all seems in order. On 5/23/2012, I called again to inquire about delivery time. Leslie says that we can expect to hear about delivery time by 9:30 am on 5/25/2012. If not, I am instructed to call.

On 5/24/2012, I called to confirm delivery. Phil says he will check and call back. No call was received. On 5/24/2012, a message was left by Sam indicating that delivery will not happen on 5/25 as scheduled. Reason given is that furniture is on a truck in Virginia, and the truck will not leave Virginia until after Memorial Day Holiday, a full 4 days after delivery schedule. They express that there is nothing they can do. Sam says that he has been on the phone all day with manufacturer to figure out the delay.

On 5/30/2012, I called to inquire about progress of shipment/delivery. Leslie says that the order is in transit. On 6/1/2012, I called to inquire about progress of shipment/delivery. Sam says that the shipment is in transit and should arrive after the weekend. On 6/4/2012, I called to inquire about progress of shipment/delivery. Leslie again says it is in transit, and the truck in Virginia has left this day. Sam is on vacation. I am asked to wait until Monday. I relay that this is unacceptable.

On 6/4/2012, I called the manufacturer. Information is that the furniture is ready to go, no delay on their end, but is not on the truck. Furniture is in manufacturer's warehouse awaiting release order from Crib City. On 6/4/2012, I called Crib City to declare that the furniture is not on the truck like they have been telling me for two weeks, but needs to be released. Leslie says she will call corporate office to find out what is going on.

On 6/4/2012, I called corporate office from 12:30 until 5pm to speak with Gina, the manager. I was unable to get Gina on the phone. On 6/4/2012, I called corporate shipping department. Paulette claims it is en route, but has no other information. On 6/4/2012, Gina returns phone calls at 5:15. She says that the order has been released, does not understand why Sam, Leslie and Phil confirmed a delivery date or said furniture was on truck or in transit. She claims that shipment was delayed due to an incomplete order from manufacturer.

On 6/5/2012, I called manufacturer. Shipment was moved and prepared for release, in full, and no indication at any time that any pieces were missing. On 6/5/2012, my calls were unreturned to Gina, the manager, at corporate office. On 6/5/2012, I received a call from Gina. She confirms that shipment is being readied for truck tomorrow in North Carolina. On 6/6/2012, I still got no word on shipment of furniture or expected delivery time. On 6/7/2012, two unanswered voicemails to Gina, the manager.

On 6/8/2012, I left a voicemail to Gina in the morning. She returned my phone call. Gina indicates manufacturer truck should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, 6/12 or 6/13. It's realistic to get furniture the next day after that delivery, putting it three weeks delayed from delivery date. She mentions possibly waiving delivery fee and offers to have owner call me to discuss any other waiving of costs. On 6/11/2012, I left a voicemail to Gina regarding truck/delivery status.

On 6/11/2012, Leslie at store could not connect me to Sam, my original salesperson. He was either in the back or just stepped out but she says that Sam has indicated the truck is coming Thursday or Friday, and they could waive the delivery fee, which I've already paid in my original receipt. I mentioned that I still want to talk to him regarding what they are going to waive as I don't think that's enough.

On 6/11/2012, I left a voicemail on their system asking Sam to call me back. No returned call. On 6/12/2012, I called again and only got Leslie who says Sam is not in today, but will be in tomorrow. On 6/12/2012, I called Gina at the corporate office, left a message asking about update to delivery truck status. On 6/12/2012, I called manufacturer to check on shipment. I was given shipping company's number and the shipper number to inquire.

On 6/13/2012, I called the store and got Leslie who says Sam will call me back. On 6/13/2012, Sam returns my phone call. I asked the question of who he talked to on 5/24 yelling at them all day regarding my order. He says he was yelling at the trucking company, SJT. I say that I've been given misinformation and have been lied to for two weeks regarding the order. My furniture was never on the truck because I spoke with the manufacturer and know that it was in their warehouse. He says I wasn't lied to and that the information they had was that it was in transit. I asked how that could be when I know that the manufacturer has it in their warehouse, waiting for a release order.

I also asked what he would have said when the truck arrived and my furniture wasn't on it. He replies he would tell me it wasn't on the truck, and that happens all the time. I again said that I've been told for two weeks that it was in transit and it wasn't until I connected with the corporate office that all of a sudden the release is signed and it's readied for shipment. "I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry." He says he can waive the delivery fee. I explained that that should be a given, and should have been waived the moment the delivery date passed. I told him that considering I've been given misinformation for two weeks and that it was only when I tracked down the manufacturer that my order was processing, they are going to have to do more than a waived delivery fee to solve the customer satisfaction issue.

I said that I expect a 50% discount on the furniture, but understand that is unlikely, and I agree, after all, I will be getting the goods. So I offered this deal: I want the delivery fee plus 20% waived and returned to us, considering a 2-year old is sleeping on the floor for three weeks. My phone calls have been avoided for two weeks. I've been given false information, and this is unacceptable business practice. For 20% and the delivery fee off, when I receive the furniture, I will consider this solved. Sam asked me if I still want the furniture. I explained that I wanted it in April when I ordered. I wanted it in May when it was supposed to arrive. I wanted it the week after when I was told it was in transit, when I was told that the truck would spend a full business week sitting in Virginia, and I wanted it when I called the manufacturer to learn it hadn't gone anywhere.

I also told Sam that as my retailer, he absolutely had the power to give me what I want. He said he will talk to Gina at corporate regarding this, and I mentioned that I would talk to her as well, and I want to speak to the owner of the company as well if he and/or Gina won't satisfy this. I finally asked him that while I feel 20% is a reasonable penalty for the three weeks of bad information, phantom trucking and no release that he should have done a week before my delivery, what does he think is appropriate? No answer.

My wife and I were getting ready to purchase a furniture set for our toddler. After looking around, we decided to go to Crib and Teen City. We went to their Paramus, New Jersey location and worked with a salesman by the name of Sam. I should preface this by letting you know this is actually my second purchase from this company and location. I should also say that I should have learned my lesson the first time when I bought my crib set from them. They start out helpful and courteous but that is not how it ends.

After ordering my furniture from them on both occasions, it took well over the amount of time they said it would. With my first purchase from them, I ordered the crib 3 months in advance. I was told it would be ready within 60 days (more than enough time for our new arrival); however, it took over 3 months to receive our crib, and the rocker we ordered did not come in and took another 30 to 45 days to receive. Beyond frustrating.

My latest and what will be my last ever purchase from them was the most frustrating. The purchase was made and we were told it would take about 60 days for delivery. We ordered this bed and received it over 4 months later. We started following up at about 45 days after purchase to see if it was going to be ready early. We were told no, but it would be delivered on time. We, of course, followed up on the 60-day mark to see when they would be scheduling delivery. They told us it was running about 3 weeks late. We followed up three weeks later and were told that it had shipped but that they didn't have a tracking number, because it ships by truck, not mail. We continued to try to follow up, but received no response from them. We called the corporate office and received no call back. We went to the store and a woman named Leslie apologized and said they would follow up with me tomorrow. They, of course, did not. Four months later, my furniture was delivered.

Upon delivery and unpacking the furniture, it was found to have come in damaged. I called the store and spoke with them. I told them if they did not respond in a timely manner, I would simply dispute the charge with my credit card company. They did send a repairman but he said it was not repairable and that he would send his report to corporate. I received no response from them. After about 2 weeks and a few phone calls, they did finally call and offer me a $200 discount. I explained the piece that was damaged is not repairable and that to have a new piece made would be $350 and that their offer did not meet the expense I would incur to have the furniture fixed. I also said I was not waiting for them to order a replacement piece because who wants to go through the frustration and disappointment of ordering from them again. I told them I wanted $350 and never heard back from them.

I did, in fact, dispute the charge and because of their complete lack of follow up not only with me but with American Express, I was awarded a full refund. Now, of course, they have contacted me after the fact and have threatened to take me to court on criminal charges.

Let me ask you, who is the criminal? This company should be sued in a class action suit. Almost every customer they have had has been disappointed. They offer a horrific service and no one should have to go through what we went through during such a joyous time in their life. For your sake, stay clear of Crib & Teen City!

My wife and I purchased a kid’s bedroom set for our son from the Hartsdale location. We were helped by our parents who lived in Westchester County. We were very impressed by the staff and the quality of the furniture they offered. We were quoted 3-4 weeks for the order and received a call about 3 weeks after was placed from their delivery department and received our order complete and in perfect condition. The delivery staff was courteous and quick. We overall give them a thumbs up.

I just want to say that I was ready to buy furniture for my kids for about 2500 dollars and I was saving for It. Thank God I wanted to check the reputation of the company and I was amazed at the amount of people complaining and how sad the situation they went through.

When a parent buys furniture for their children or any other relative, there's a lot of emotion on it. It is so unfair for a company to mistreat customers in that way and surely they should do something to stop this abuse. I saw the furniture at the showroom and they looked amazing but it is sad to know it is not the same they deliver. I purchases furniture from Rooms to Go or Ashley before and I was not happy with the quality which is not the best.They are just okay. But the warranty and customer service is wonderful.

Another thing that I noticed was that the company denies all the complaints, so I went to their website and am just going to copy and paste what they put in the website. and their warranty and policies are horrible and very tricky. That's why it is impossible for the customer to get refunds, return or exchanges. When we are going to buy furniture we are so excited that we don't check all important details.

Here I get some information they put on their web.

1-Minor cosmetic blemishing may occur during shipping/handling and can be simply corrected by the consumer with a touch up kit. This is not considered a manufacturing defect and is not covered as such by the manufacturers warranty. Touch up kits may be requested by contacting our customer service department (973) 247-7200 Ext 206 up to 30 days after delivery. Seller is not responsible for fastness or color variations in fabric, dye lots on wood finishes, or the quality of fabrics not purchased from the seller.

What was that? So if they deliver the furniture that you pay thousands of dollars and f anything is wrong with it, you, the consumer is responsible and the option is to buy a touch up Kit and fix it for yourself. I can't believe that ! To obtain a refund or exchange merchandise must be returned in the original carton in the original condition and accompanied by a sales receipt. (This does not apply to special order items which cannot be returned). Refunds are available up to seven (7) days from the date of purchase. Exchanges up to thirty (30) days from original purchase date. Delivery to the store or warehouse is the responsibility of the customer. The original freight and/or return freight will not be refunded. A 20% restocking fee also applies.

This is ridiculous Special orders, refund void after 7 days and exchange void after 30 days and you have to pay everything; the thing is that according to some customers, they have received delivery after 30 days they paid, so it means your loss.

Thanks to the comments of previous customers, and I read carefully their website I am not going to take the risk to buy there. My sister also wanted to buy but I would make her aware of the danger.I want thank all the people who shared their complaint wit us. This is really a power tool for consumers; for me at least, it makes the difference. I won't buy there and make sure my relatives too.

Do not buy from this terrible store! But if you did and everything went wrong, son't spend time on phone calls. File a small claim in the court of justice. It would help magically!

When I saw how many complaints there were against this store I wanted to share my experience too. I cannot say a single good thing about my experience with Crib and Teen City of Hartsdale, NY. I placed my order for a loft bed and paid in full on a Sunday 08/15/10. Salesperson told me that they would process my order on Monday and the bed should come on a Wednesday truck and would be delivered Friday. Nobody called me Friday so I called them and talked to their manager DJ. She informed me that I would get a phone call to schedule the delivery only the following Friday. A week later then, I was promised by the salesperson I finally got the bed. Unfortunately it was delivered in the incorrect configuration and some parts of it were damaged: the safety rail and the ladder were from a different set and a headboard had dents and scratches.

After calling the store to resolve the issue, I was told to give back the wrong pieces to the delivery guys and that I should receive the correct pieces and a replacement headboard in a week. Just to be on the safe side, I actually went down to the store and made the manager to sign a letter that stated that I didn't get all the pieces for my bed. I waited for a week for replacements pieces but nobody called me so I went to the store again where I expressed my concerns and got a new promised delivery date for the parts in writing.

Another week later, I finally received the parts. When the delivery guys brought the parts in I could not believe my eyes: they had the wrong ladder again. And the replacement headboards were also damaged! The delivery guys were not at all surprised by this and actually told me that sometimes they had to go out 3 or more times until they had all the parts right! At this point I decided not to waste anymore time on this purchase and return the whole thing. To my surprise my request for a full refund was rejected stating that this order was a special delivery (I actually suspect that every order from Crib and Teen City is a special delivery just so that they would have a reason to deny a refund). I decided to give it one more try and asked to exchange the bed for a different style but again the answer was no. The only answer I got from them was that they would try and delivery the replacement parts for my current bed until they get it right.

Needless to say, I was less than encouraged by this. Seeing like this was going nowhere, I filed a small claim with the Justice Court of the Town of Greenburgh (188 Tarrytown Road, White Plains, NY 10607). It does cost a little bit but is nothing compare to the actual prices of the bed, in my case it was $15. A few days later Crib and Teens City called me and informed that I could stop by the store and pick up the replacement ladder for the bed (I guess that was still before they received court summons). I informed them that I paid a full delivery fee and was not responsible for their mess. After a few days more, I got another phone call where they told me that they would come pick up the bed and issue me a full refund (the court summons worked the magic I guess). On 9/28/10, I finally get my money back but it was cost me waste of time, extra money and bad memories.

I placed an order on May 15th, 2010 and was promised delivery in about 2 to 3 weeks. It is now 5 weeks later and you guessed it! No delivery. I called the store and spoke with DeeJay and she scheduled my delivery for June 15th. Yesterday. Of course, we did not get the delivery. So I called the store again and after 25 straight redial attempts, I was able to reach DeeJay once again. She was extremely unprofessional. I have never in 15 + years in the customer service business had such a terrible experience. I was basically told that no way, no how was I going to get a refund on my purchase and if I was unhappy that was too bad.

Bottom line is I am stuck with the purchase which was paid for in full by the way back in May, whether I like the item or not. I then received a call from Eddie, the warehouse owner, and my experience with him was worse. He was yelling at me on the phone. He did not want to listen to my complaint and he actually went on to my employer as a terrible customer service provider. I am truly disgusted by the business practices of Crib and Teen City. They are deceitful and unprofessional. The box for special orders is checked off on all their contracts (no explanation to the customer of what that entails), and therefore no refunds are offered if the customer is unhappy because the item you purchased is a special order.

I was basically told by Eddie that my wife was a liar because he claims that they made 10 phone calls to her to schedule delivery but somehow they did not reach her nor were able to leave her a voice mail. I pulled the AT&T records on our phones and you guessed it! no calls from Crib and Teen City. Anyway, I am frustrated, unhappy, and stuck with this purchase. I grew up in the South Bronx and this experience felt a lot like the time I was help up as a teenager. I was scared, angry and frustrated all at the same time. Please, do not purchase anything from this store. You will regret it and you will be sorry.

The first delivery date was set on April 9th. I waited all day, but the delivery never arrived. On April 10th, they delivered, but most of the furniture was damaged and they forgot to include the dresser. They refused to give a Saturday delivery the next time, so we had to take another day off from work. On the third delivery, I had my parents drive to my house from 2 hours away to wait all day for delivery. The delivery was supposed to be at 6PM at the latest, but they could not guarantee us a time after 4 PM when we would be home.

They finally arrived at 6:30PM, we were home by that time anyway, so my parents waited for nothing. They arrived with a replacement hutch that had more damages than the first damaged hutch. They also brought the wrong dresser. We refused the delivery. Additionally, they shipped replacement doors for the bookcase, so we waited to have the delivery person open the box and install them. However, the replacement doors were also damaged and didn't match the bookcase color at all.

We had asked for a replacement bookcase in the first place since there were also runs in the stain finish but the company wanted to send someone to sand and restain the top surface of the bookcase, something I was skeptical about. That's why I bought the new Stanley furniture, which was a $4400 purchase, so I want the new furniture that I bought.

At this point, I have been back and forth many time with Shelly in customer service who is now on vacation. On May 4, 2010 since I know it will take another 4-6 weeks for them to deliver damaged furniture again, I put the charges in dispute with my credit card company and left a message for Gina (Shelly's Supervisor) advising her of such. Gina finally returned my call when she got that message. I told her she can pick up the furniture after 4PM on a weekday, or any Saturday. She refused to accommodate my schedule in any way, so I now have to take another day off to allow for them to pick up the furniture and put this behind me.

We have ordered a loft bed from Jim at Crib and Teen City in Lawrenceville, NJ. I spent a good hour in the store making sure that the bed would be high enough to fit our other sons crib underneath it. We waited about 8 weeks for it to be delivered and the crib didn't fit. Called Jim and he was very nice and ordered the correct items to fix it. It was supposed to be in 3 weeks and did not come in.

We called and one guy said it came in damaged the other guy said it was wrong so we wait another 3 weeks. Gets delivered and the handrail to the ladder is missing. I called Jim and he contacts Shelly at the corporate office. Shelly tells us that she is calling her contact at the manufacturer and will have it fixed right away. Wait a week for her to call back (and she never did).

Called Jim and Shelly and told them to come pick up the furniture I don't want it. Shelly is completely rude to me not once does she apologize continues to tell me it is not her fault it is the manufacturers. She also says it is not refundable because it is special order. Anything you buy there is special order! They don't stock anything in house so I am not sure what she is talking about. Then I called her boss left a message telling them to come get the furniture and if they don't I am calling the credit card company to reject the charge because it was not what I ordered. Within an hour of that message the piece is ready to be delivered the next day.

In the meantime I had sent an email to the manufactured who told me that the piece was never backordered they weren't sure why Crib and Teen city told me that. He also told me that the reason the hand rail didn't come with it the first time is because crib and teen city never ordered it. Bottom line they have nice furniture but it is not worth the hassle buying from them. You can buy the same furniture without the rudeness and screw ups somewhere else. And you won't have to wait 6 months to get your correct order! Once you leave the store you basically have to deal with their corporate office that is rude and useless.

went online to buy a crib and recieved crib, it was crap... now went to crib and teen city , got to touch and smell what i was buying and recieved a ship date. cribs came and were perfect ... very happy with purchase will use company again

I ordered a baby bedroom set with the salesman Jim back in the beginning of the year. I had the set delivered March 11, 2009. This was 2 months before my due date because I wanted to play it safe in case anything went wrong. Two drawers were damaged and the hutch on the dresser was stained poorly. The delivery man told me he couldn't do anything and that I had to call the headquarters. I spoke to Shelley a few times. She sent me a touch up kit and said that someone would contact me to touch up the scratches on the hutch because she would NOT send a replacement. She told me she would send replacement drawers to the store that I bought the furniture from, but that I was responsible to pick them up and then SCHEDULE with her for someone to come and replace them for me.

Basically, she was having me jump through hoops. MONTHS went by and I had my baby. In the meantime, I was so sick of waiting for the company to resolve my issue, I touched up the hutch and drawers myself. It looks like it has been touched up. Obviously because the whole piece needed to be restained!! The company then contacted me at the end of May!

Two months after they had been ignoring me-to let me know my drawers were in and that I had to pick them up. I explained this to them and told them that I thought their customer service was reprehensible and that they could keep their drawers. They then told me "Okay. Sorry. Have a nice day". After spending $3000, I am stuck with damaged furniture. This was supposed to be a happy time. I wanted everything to be perfect for my baby, and this is what I had to deal with. It's really sad. The salesman there is such a scheister!!

I ordered changing rails for a bed that I purchased at this store over two years ago. Item was paid in full, recieved a call that was ready for pick up, never came into the store. they said it was being held due to customer wanting merchandise assembled. Why would I have gone into the store to pick it up if I want them to deliver and assemble? Still no merchandise even after calling and asking for a manager and explaining my story. I have paid for something which I don't have and they are refusing to return my money.

I visited Crib and Teen City looking for nursery/toddler furniture. I located a set on the showroom floor that I really liked, but the displayed set was pieced showing mix-matched color pieces (some of the pieces were white and some were an almond shade). I inquired about the two different tones and Daysi advised me that the almond shade, which she referred to as "dark linen" was a manufacturer mistake but that any and all furniture pieces within this line may be ordered in this "mistaken" color because there were so many of them produced. I brought my husband back the following week, July 8th, and put a deposit on the the "dark linen" set, not the "white linen."

Tony called the warehouse, while we stood there listening to the entire conversation, to make sure all items were in and ready to ship. He hung up and conveyed to us that yes indeed, all items that we ordered, in the correct "dark-linen" color, were in the warehouse ready to ship upon desire. Off we went to finish painting and preparing the nursery.

On Friday, July 31, 2009, I called and confirmed a delivery date for the following Thursday, August 6, 2009. Daysi explained that the store would be closed from (8/3-8/10) because she would be on vacation, but the delivery service would still be running. Yes, the entire store was closed because its one employee was on vacation. She gave me an 8 a.m. to 4 p.m window for that date. The furniture never came.

At 3:15 on the promised day of delivery, I got nervous that I hadn't received a phone call nor the furniture, so I called a different Crib and Teen City location to obtain some help. I reached a woman who tried to locate my invoice and communicated that my delivery was never put through. I wasn't on the list. Not only that but that the color of the items I ordered doesn't exist. She was gracious enough to give me the number to the corporate office, who have been of no help, nor have they offered their apologies or extended any service to make up for their error.

I am due in 1-1/2 weeks and because of the unprofessional manner of Crib and Teen City, I have an empty nursery. The Vice-President of Crib and Teen City, Gina, has been of no help nor does she seem troubled or put off by the unprofessional service provided by one of the franchises. She didn't seem apologetic that I stayed home for 8 hours waiting for a delivery that never came. Their policy states that if a delivery is made and the recipient is not at home to accept, a non-refundable fee of $40 would be charged. Where is my compensation for staying home for 8 hours and them not arriving with the furniture? The set was ordered in a color that doesn't exist, even though the two salespeople that we dealt with swore that it did.

Purchased a crib from this store and they have a no return policy. The crib I received is altered from that shown and described in the brochure. The crib I received has cut-outs in the headboard (for the purpose of crib bumpers which I do not intend on using). I specifically shopped for a crib with NO cut-outs in the headboard. There was no floor model to refer to; only the pictures and description in the brochure. The cut-outs were apparently incorporated into the design as consumers requests. I don't know when this change was made so perhaps this merchant is using outdated literature. He will not work with us on a replacement or a refund. Basically we're stuck with an expensive crib that is different from that we had selected.

As I started explaining I needed a bedroom set for my child, she was more interested on my job. “What do you do for a living?” I tried asking her the price then she asked me what I thought of our new president. I told her how I felt, she did not like my response, and she walked away from me. Our conversation had nothing to do with furniture. My friend was with me, he just got upset and asked me what was wrong with this lady. I felt very discriminated because she started asking me about my background. You should not have people working like that in stores because I will never come back and they will lose two or three thousand dollars from me. I am never going back to the store again. Never, never, never.

They are dirty dogs. Put your foot on your gas pedal; peel out of their parking lot. Do not go in at all cost. It is a trick. They will write special order on your receipt even though it is not a special order, so they do not have to refund your money.

I saw a Full over Full Deer Run dark cherry bunk bed set on the showroom floor at the Crib and Teen City Marlton, NJ locations. I asked the sales lady, Joyce, how long the sale was running. She said,"The sale ends on Tuesday, the day after Labor Day," and that this set is their most popular piece. She wrote up the sales slip and said that delivery would take three weeks. I said I must have the bed in three weeks because I am a foster parent and a little boy was going to be placed with me shortly and I must have the bed delivered by then. Her exact words were, "No problem, it will be delivered by then."

On Friday, 9/5/08, I spoke with my husband and we went over the check list from NJ Foster Care which clearly states our current futon bed or any air mattress or temporary bedding is not acceptable, and I said the store had not called me yet to set up a delivery date and I was starting to get nervous. I looked at the receipt and it states, to receive a refund, your order must be cancelled in 7 days.

I went directly to the store after work on Friday, 9/5/08, and spoke with the salesperson on duty, Ellen. She said she was not authorized to give a refund or cancel a sale and asked, "If I explain to Joyce that you needed the bunk bed delivered in 3 weeks?" I said most definitely and I explained how NJ Foster Care is very strict and I must have the bunk beds in placed in 3 weeks or it does me no good. She said, "Do not worry; we will figure something out, be it if we delivery the floor model." She said neither she nor Joyce was authorized to cancel the sale, only the owner and he was on vacation. I asked, "How can a salesperson charge a sale but not be authorized to cancel a sale?" That doesn't make any sense. Ellen was nice and polite but I was not satisfied; she said she would have Joyce call me on Saturday.

I tried to pull up Crib City's website to review the store policy. I discovered the website was disconnected. However, I did google Crib City and found a 24-page consumer complaint with tons of consumers complaining how promises were made and the merchandise was not delivered at expected date or delivered damaged. I printed a copy of some of the complaints and attached them to my letter to my credit card company as proof of how Crib City is dishonorable.

I came out during a hurricane, braving the wind and rain and attempted a second time to cancel this order. I spoke with Joyce and told her my receipt states I am entitled to cancels this order without charge with in 7 days. She promised to have the bunk beds delivered by Monday 9/22/08. I explained I cannot afford to wait. If the bunk beds are not received in time, I would be up a creek and will have to go out and buy another bunk bed set.

For the fourth time, I asked Crib City's salespersons to please cancel my order. Ellen was also there on Saturday, and she tried very hard to see how many of the Deer Run bunk bed sets were in the warehouse which showed 12. Joyce said she would call me on Monday and keep me in the loop which I have never heard from again.

I directly went home and called my credit card company and explained the situation, that I communicated to the merchant to cancel this order several times. I was so upset, because I paid several hundred dollars upfront and in full. I was so fortunate that I placed this on my credit card and, after a full investigation, I was refunded every penny by my credit card company. Praise the Lord.

This was a long time ago, but I when I saw there were so many other complaints against this store I wanted to share my experience too. The salesman we dealt with is no longer with the company. As a matter of fact he was gone while we were still dealing with our problem so it was like starting all over talking to someone new who would not help us. I don't remember her name. It was in the Brick store which is closed now. Anyway we had no problems until the furniture was delivered and the delivery men put the crib together and set everything up. A piece on the wood on the end of the crib on the bottom was splintered. The guy told my husband, "Oh no problem, just call the store and they'll take care of it." Well I called many times and the original salesperson we dealt with said, "We'll order another and it will take like 6-12 weeks...." I forget now exactly how long they said but it was at least that long & I remember it was the same amount of time it for the furniture to come the 1st time.

So another 6-12 weeks passed and nothing, so we called again and he said the same thing. So we waited another 6-12 weeks and this happened at least 3 times. By this we had to deal with a new salesperson b/c the other salesperson was no longer with the company. She was kinda nasty and said.., "Oh why are you calling now" and not when I got the furniture months ago. I explained to her the situation and I ended up talking to the CEO of the company and he was rude and said the same thing and that they wouldn't do anything. So I was stuck a splintered piece of wood sticking which I had to break off so my kids wouldn't get hurt on it and it looks like c*&p. NICE customer service. After reading all these other complaints I don't know how they're still in business. Now I'm looking for a headboard to match the nursery furniture and I don't care, I can't match the color anywhere else. I will not go back there, especially after reading all these other complaints.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS TERRIBLE STORE!!!! On 1/4/08 I went to Crib and Teen City in Marlton/Cherry Hill, NJ and worked with Joyce. I was looking for a glider and ottoman and spent about 2 hours or so picking out which frame I wanted. I came across 4 of the same frame/model number, all with different prices marked for the glider and the ottoman. I knew that I wanted this particular chair and asked Joyce why there was such a difference in price. I was told that they were marked wrong, but that she would honor the lowest price that was marked. (If I hadn't been told that I would've walked out right then.) I then spent about another hour picking out which wood color and fabric I wanted, again only after being told that the lower price would be upheld. I placed my order and paid in full.

Today I got a call from Joyce saying that she spoke with corporate and they would not honor the lower price. I told her that it wasn't my fault that it was marked wrong and that they had to honor it. I asked to speak with corporate and she gave me their number. I called and left a message with Ed **, who is the one that told Joyce they wouldn't honor the price. I got a call back from some woman claiming to be the owner of the company. She was extremely rude and told me that I would have to pay $50 more before they would order the chair and if I didn't want to do that they would refund my money. I told her that was unacceptable to me and that I wanted to speak with someone else and I was told (with even more attitude) that she was the highest up that I would be speaking to.

I hung up and tried to call back and speak with someone else and NO ONE would answer the phone. FINALLY I got in touch with Ed who was also extremely rude to me and told me that there was no way they would honor that price. He said that even when they make mistakes that they never fix them because that would put them out of business. I am APPALLED by the customer service at this company and will NEVER do business with them again. I plan on getting a full refund and taking my money elsewhere. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE!!! And don't believe the ** response from them saying that these are fake complaints. I will tell everyone I know not to shop there and I hope that they go out of business!!

Ordered and paid in full for my Granddaughters bed room set. Told delivery will be in 8 weeks. At the end of 8 weeks, calls made to the store. They would check on this order. At the end of 12 weeks delivery was made, minus the dressing table, told this was damaged in shipment. New one will arrive in another 2 weeks. Now week 14 and still no word. Call the store and they will ger back to us, never happened. The moral of this story is to stay away from this store do business elsewere. Consumer complaint to be filed with Middlesex County .

Their is no dressing table for my infant grandaughter, plus the aggravation it is causing my daughter while making mcalls to this store and receiving the old run around.

Ordered product on 10/18/2008 from the Eatontown Store. No issues with the ordering process. On 11/7/2008, product was to be delivered to store.

On 11/8/ 2008, I arrived at the store to pickup the furniture. The furniture was still in the box. The outside of the box was damaged. This was made aware to the sales person Al. We wanted to open the box, however, the store said it had to be done outside or at our home. Once we arrived at home and opened the box we saw the damage to the furniture. A call was placed to the store immediately. I was told that I would need to contact the customer service department on Monday for resolution.

On 11/10/2008, I made several calls and left messages for the service department. At 4:53 p.m., I received a call back. We discussed some issues but not all were resolved. I was told that I would receive a call back from the manager of the department the following day.

On 11/12/2008, I made several calls and left messages. I received no calls back. I made a call the store for assistance. They were able to speak to service. Still nothing was resolved.

On 11/13/2008, I made several calls and left messages for the service department. I received not phone calls back. I also called sales. Sales and service spoke but service still did not return my calls for assistance.

On 114/2008, The owner of Crib & Teen city called with service on the line. Service was very rude and did not care to help. Owner did not offer any help either. They told me that I need to return my product back to the store and will be notified when another would be ready for me. They would not tell me the process, because the owner felt I did not need to know this. I asked for a complete refund and they would not give it to me. I was offered nothing for all the troubles I had with this furniture.

ON August 31st 2008 my husband and I went to Crib and Teen City to purchase our sons crib and dresser. We looked around and found a set we wanted that had a special combo for the two pieces. When we asked Joyce for help she gave us the wrong information. She told us the crib came with our choice between three other dressers. She seemed as though she wasn't really sure what pieces went with what. We picked the dresser we wanted with the crib signed the receipt made a down payment and thought we were set. By the way when we were there I over heard Joyce on the phone making plans with her friends and also made the comment to my husband and I that she was closing the store early. She couldn't wait to get out of there from my prospective that is way she sold us the wrong furniture.

The furniture was delivered on Halloween. When they finished putting it together I went in the room to find a dresser I did not order. The deliver man told me there was nothing he could do I had to call the store where I bought it. So I did and I even went there and she, Joyce, reassured me that she would take care of everything. That was on Saturday, Nov. 1st. She said she would call me on monday well monday came and went and finally I received a call on Friday the 7th. She told me there was nothing she could do. She didn't know where the misunderstanding came from. Well I do she was in a rush to get out of there and didn't know what she was selling.

Now I'm stuck with furniture I don't want. She said they don't give refunds. I have called the headquarters and have gotten know where. Either no one is working or they don't call you back. I finally got a call back from Shelley in customer service and she said there is nothing she can do because she works at the warehouse and take it up with the store. I never called the warehouse I called the headquarters. How can this company be so unorganized? They have made my happy time having a baby miserable for the fact that I have to think about how I have been taken by this company and have expensive furniture I didn't want. [They're] absolutely HORRIBLE!

Where do I begin to describe my experience with Gary? I can not say 1 positive thing about my experience with Crib & Teen City of East Brunswick and the Corporate Headquarters.

-Gary lied to us from the very beginning, claiming furniture is ALWAYS in stock in NJ and can be delivered in 2 or 3 days- so then how come I placed my order on May 14, 2008 and my daughter's furniture was not complete until September 29, 2008?

_His follow up is HORRIBLE, non-existent. He said I could place the order over the phone and he would send me a receipt, I waited 2 weeks, more than enough time. I then called and spoke to the nice guy that works there, dont remember his name Rick or Rich. He was very felpful, he said he would get the receipt out and it was in my mailbox the next day.

- Gary told us the furniture NEVER goes on sale, did not believe him, stopped in store on Memorial Day and sure enough it was on sale, but we were given the discount, probably the only honorable thing he and the company did.

-Placed call to arrange delivery on 7/18/08, after returning from hospital with my newborn. Told 2 week back order, fine, I don't have time to argue, I am sleep deprived, will let it go for now.

-I called again in 2 weeks, of course Gary or anyone from HQ was proactive and called me. Was told 2 weeks AGAIN. This happened 3 more times, and it was me calling and chasing people down, I don't have time for this. The only people that were helpful were Justina in delivery dept and Rich or Rick (I don't remember his name) from the East Brunswick store. He was the only one that returned my calls, and when he did not get an answer from HQ, he called me and told me he did not get an answer and then called me AGAIN when he got an answer, very professional and the way a salesperson should be.

If I had gotten proactive, professional calls, I would not be filing this complaint, even with the ridiculous amount of time it took to get the furniture.

-I called Gary several times, he had nothing to say, very rude, no answers on ANYTHING. HE then lied some more, said he spoke to the owner of the company and that the furniture would be in that Friday. I arranged a delivery date with Justina and the day prior I called to ensure the furniture was in and of course it was NOT.

- I then called Munire HQ and spoke to Robert OMansky, he was very kind, and VERY HELPFUL. Ends up Gary spoke to HIM, not the owner of C&TC OR Munire. WHY does he lie?!?! Robert then explained the entire situation to me and I understood and was willing to wait for the furniture, I was given REAL dates, not made up, just get the customer off the phone dates (GARY)

First delivery was scheduled for 9/6/08, the tall chest was still on back order(3 MORE weeks). Crib, nightstand and combo dresser w/ mirror arrive. DRESSER IS DAMAGED!!!!! Nighstand drawer not opening properly. I sat in my house from 8a-6p for THIS?!?!?! WHy don't they CHECK the furniture before the deliver?!?!?

-I ask Gary for some sort of compensation for the ridiculous back order and all the calls I HAD TO MAKE, as if I WORK FOR Crib & Teen City, wasting MY TIME. He NEVER gets back to me, I keep calling him, he has no answers for me (as usual) I call and leave several messages for customer service at C&TC HQ- NO RETURN CALLS- NOTHING.No one EVER answers the phone there, no matter which prompt you choose. When I was speaking to Justina in delivery, she said there is only 1 person in cust. svc and that my messages have been sent to the owner. He/She obviously does not care about their business, still to this day have not gotten a call.

-I wait for the tall chest to come in and the new dresser and night stand- I sit in my house like a hostage all day AGAIN on Monday 9/29/08 and the new dresser is MORE DAMAGED than the first, and the nightstand is DAMAGED. The delivery men fixed the drawer on the one I had and used wood filler and a MARKER to fix the dresser I already had. I CAN NOT DEAL WITH these people ANY MORE. I paid $2,500 for medicore furniture!!!!!! Is that fair? NO!! In this tough economy, you would think Crib & Teen City would treat their customers like gold to try and get/keep sales. The very helpful delivery men told me to call HQ and get a touch up kit, I left a message on 9/30 and of course did not get a call back- SHOCKER. I need the kit for several scratches on all of the pieces I have. PLEASE.

In the end all I got was a $60 credit to the delivery fee. For all the weeks of phone calls and waiting 2.5 months for the furniture, that was ordered 2 months even before that, so really 4.5 months???????? I then went on mother's messsage boards and let everyone know about my situation and found MANY other mother's with the SAME or WORSE situation. And I googled them and there are PAGES of complaints and even a BLOG abotu how horrible they are. SHAME ON ME for not googling them prior to making a purchase. But that does not give them reason to behave this way.

I am disgusted that any business has these practices, and the ENTIRE company at that. I now see why I am not getting a call back, because the business is HORRIBLE and they are bombarded with ANGRY calls/customers. WHY ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS? I bought a convertible crib, I am scared to order the conversion kit, I do not want to deal with these people again!!!!!! I get sick to my stomach whenever I have to make calls to these people, I can no longer do it, besides, I don't get any calls back anyway.

I paid $2,841.92 for DAMAGED, poor quality furniture. I should not have to pay full price for damaged furniture. And I had to sit in my house all day waiting for 2 delivery days. With 2 babies I wasted SO MUCH time making phone calls and getting sooo ANGRY and upset. I look at my daughter's furniture and hate it because of the ANGRY memories it brings back of what I went through to get it here and it is still not perfect.

On August 24, 2008, I went into Crib and Teen City in East Brunwsick, NJ, and ordered a twin bed for my 3 year old daughter. I was told the approximate delivery date was 4-5 weeks. As the delivery date was approaching, I contacted ** and asked him what the status was. He informed me the bed was leaving North Carolina the following week and to come in and pay the balance to speed the process up. I went into the store on 9/21/08 to pay the remaining balance expecting the bed the following week. We didn't hear anything so I decided to call ** again. He said he did not receive a shipment and would call me when it came in.

My husband spoke to another employee on 10/6/08 and he called the warehouse and there was still no bed yet. On 10/7/08, I decided to go into the store and speak to ** face to face because I felt we were not being told the truth. He told me that a bed was shipped but it was damaged so they sent it back to the manufacturer. I explained to him that my husband spoke to an employee the day before and that wasn't never mentioned to him. ** reassured me a few times that we would definitely have the bed by Wednesday, October 15th. No call from Gary on the 15th so I called him and lost it. He informed me the bed was still in North Carolina and should be here in 3- 5 days.

I don't believe anything he has to say anymore. I will never shop at Crib and Teen City again and will tell my experience to everyone that I know that is looking to get furniture for their kids. They are horrible with follow-up. It is obvious they don't care about their customers and I am glad to hear other customers expressing their dissatisfaction as well. I know it is not just ME!

Crib & Teen City Company Profile