Craftmatic Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

4.8/5 (4730 ratings)

About Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds

Craftmatic sells adjustable beds and mattresses in twin, full, queen and king sizes. It offers three models with various features like wave massage, child safety locks, anti-snore positions and built-in lights. Each model comes with a remote control. Customers must order an adjustable bed over the phone and can return any product within 30 days.

Pros

• Wireless remote controllers
  • Safety lights and locks
  • Programmable positions

Cons

• Can’t order online
  • Must pay shipping for returns

Bottom Line

Craftmatic offers a number of adjustable bed options. Its models have different levels of comfort and convenience. Each model offers a wireless remote for easy use. You have to call for pricing and purchase.

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Adjustable Beds?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Craftmatic Internet Sales/Craftmatic Mattress?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2005

I went to a sales training course for Craftmatic for three days on my own money after I was told by Mr. Morris that I would be paid the first 90 days of employment and would receive $75/wk in gas allowance to run their leads. When I got there I was told there was no longer a gas allowance and that I would not be paid for the training course.I bought a box of supplies for $200 for my sales rep. job. After the first day of what I'd call poor leads and could not sell the beds. I did two demos in which I'm supposed to be paid $50/demo. I called my sales mgr. Tom at 8am I couldn't afford the gas to run the leads without a gas allowance and I would have to quit. I sent my box back and have not heard anything about getting my money back. Also the people on my appts. said they were told on the phone that they had WON A FREE BED and they assumed that's why I was there. They did not win a free bed. I was there to sell them one.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2005

I was sold a bed on 8/25/05 that was not the one my wife and I ordered and needed,my wife or I needed or ordered, she had a stroke on 3/28/05 and is paralized on left side,unable to move or transfer,.now she is suffering from back pain, uncomfortable, unhappy in top of her horrible tragedy with the stroke, this is adding to her pain and suffering and mine too.

I was cheated, discriminated against, disrespected by the employees I dealt with..Diane kept telling me that I misunderstood her, maybe because I am hispanic and and old 80 yr old. She said I was confused, that she sold me what I asked for..the mattress dont even have the right measures I ordered. I am about to call an attorney to handle this issue.

I paid $6,430.58, paid for the Craftmatic I adjustable bed. I wanted the Optima, I ordered a king, they gave me a queen. I have called them they say they are going to fix it and they dont.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2005

I purchased a craftmatic bed and there is a problem with the remote control. the bed has had many problems since purchased. I called to get the bed adjusted although it's still giving me trouble. I had the bed serviced and I'm still facing the same problem that I had when originally purchased the bed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2005

6/2/05 we purchased a Craftmatic I bed for $4000. It was delivered 6/4/05. After sleeping on it for a couple of weeks felt that it was too soft (I had back surgery 4/15/05 and am worse than I was before the surgery) and that I needed something firmer to support my back. I called Chuck Falcone, Cust Svc Mgr, and 6/13/05 telling that we were not happy with the bed and asked if he had one a little firmer. He said that he would have to check and called me back 6/14 and said that we would have to sleep on it for (30) days before he could do anything for us.

On 7/13/05 I called him back and he agreed that he would changeout mattress to a firmer one. This was delivered to us 7/21/05 and it was worse than the first one and harder than the floor. I then wrote Mr. Falcone a letter dated 7/26/05 and told him that we were not able to sleep on the bed and are having to sleep in our guest room. I asked if there was any way that they could work with us to refund the $4000 and perhaps keep a reasonable amount for a 'restocking fee' since the bed had not been slept on but five days. He didn't respond to my letter so called him once again 8/4/05 and asked if we could work out something.

He said that there was nothing they could do for us and the bed was ours to do whatever we wanted with it. We are senior citizens (68 and 79) and cannot afford to lose $4000 for a bed we can't sleep on. We feel that they are taking advantage of us. We are desperate.

Original review: April 22, 2005

I bought a Craftmatic bed on 3/26; Delivery 3/29 for my Florida apartment. I was told if I did NOT like it, I had five days to return it with no questions asked. The bed wasn't delivered for 3 days. After one night, my arms became numb. I paid $2,383.94 for this bed and realized it was not for me. I called the following day. I was told I must send the form in writing for a refund and bed pickup. I sent it certified mail. It was post marked 4/2/05! Now, they are saying it is 5 days after the contract signing, not a trial period of 5 days. I am very upset they REFUSE TO PICK UP THE BED AND RETURN MY MONEY.

This amounts to a 24 hour period that it is late. I only slept on it one night!!! I stopped payment on the check. (I am 85 yrs old and on a fixed income, my daughter is writing this for me). Donna At Craftmatic is being unreasonable. SHe states she already was paid and now it is with Telecheck a collection agency?

I am now going to put in collection for the balance, $2,083.94. I cannot believe that I am a customer, don't like the product and cannot get a refund. They want to come out and adjust the bed. I SIMPLY DO NOT WANT THE BED!!!! The salesman spent 4 hours with me until he was sweating. Can't a consumer get their money back and return the product. We're talking ONE DAY OVER THE 5 DAY PERIOD. That includes a weekend!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2003

In good faith I paid for their beds, on delievery they were not what was wanted. But was too late to (Had to cancel before they came). They would not consider another type of mattress. They one I got was like sleeping on the floor. They sold my check that I had stopped payment on to a collection agency and they were unbelievable rude to say the least until they got the money.

Had to pay for beds that are cheap, as hard as the floor; and not worth the $3800.00 that I had to pay! I want my money back and they can have their junk!

Original review: April 28, 2002

We purchased an adjustable bed on 4/17/02. It was supposed to be delivered on 4/21/02, however when the delivery staff arrived they did not have the bed we purchased in stock. They said the correct bed would be delivered later. I received a receipt stating this. On Monday, 4/22/02, I began calling 800 numbers to get a new delivery date. Spoke to Joe Roberts in Customer Service who was no help, then spoke to Jerry Webb who just kept giving me 800 numbers to call, did not offer to get a specific delivery date, did not offer an apology, or anything. All I got from was the run around. When I told Mr. Webb what happened he said I will call the distribution office and call you right back.

By Wednesday, 4/24/02, still had not received a call back. Called him again and he just continued giving me 800 numbers and offered no help. I finally called their consumer affairs number at 800-828-1033 on 4/24/02, left a message. When I got home from work a message from Diane Peltzer of that office had left a message. On 4/25/02, I called and spoke to Diane. I told her the problem, she said the correct bed would be exchanged on Friday, 4/26/02. I told her it would have to on Saturday, she said they did not work on the weekends. So I said after 4:00 p.m. on Friday. She then called and talked to my husband on 4/25/02 and told him the same thing, after 4:00 p.m. on 4/26/02. Then another male, my husband did not get his name, called and told my husband after 4:00 p.m. on 4/26/02.

I left my job early on Friday, 4/26/02, because we did not want to miss the delivery. However, when we got home a message from Craftmatic, Carl, stated the delivery would be between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. Since we were at work we could not return the call. We called the number Carl left, but since they are on east coast time there was no answer. We were home until about 5:30 p.m. on 4/26/02 and no one came to deliver. Saturday morning I called the consumer affairs office of Craftmatic to leave a message, however received the message the office will be closed until 5/6/02. I then left a message with the sales representative, Mr. Al Joseph at 800-448-7489, ext #509. We used a credit card to pay in full.

Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds Company Information