Cook Brothers  Furniture
Looking for a good furniture store?

Cook Brothers Furniture

Chicago, IL

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: June 8, 2016

5 Cook Brothers Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: June 8, 2016

I brought a DVD from Cook Brothers and the remote don't won't to it. So I figured if I bought a universal remote it will work. Well it still didn't... It was the DVD player. I called them and I could not even exchange it for a new one... I should of went to Walmart like I always do... Someone referred me to Cook Brothers... Never again. They sell nothing but crap. Their stuff doesn't lasts.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2016

I bought a 65 inch Vizio Tv at Cook Brothers on September 16, 2015. My complaint is the tv turns on no picture at all, 4 month's with me. I'd called the place I finance and they told me that they are not responsible. I call the store where I purchase the Tv, this name by Sophia told me that my warranty was for 90 days which they never told me this when I bought it. So now I'm paying for a tv that I can't watch and that I have to hire a repairman to fix it. That's what the furniture manager told me. Sofia you should be ashamed of working selling bs merchandise. Will I buy or recommend any friends on Facebook or family? I hope you go out of business and lose your job. False advertising. Vizio tv... (0) Stars.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

I recently bought a television from Cook Brothers and they have an unfair 1-hour return policy if there is something wrong with the TVs over 32 inches. I told them that I purchased it in the store and brought it home and when I opened it and plugged it in it had lines in the TV. When I tried to return it 2 days later they took it out of the box roughly and when customer service plugged it in to inspect it they said it had a cracked screen. They therefore would not exchange or refund the TV. I called the managers on duty and they were all unprofessional and did not treat me with respect. I called the manufacturer of the television and they do not fix refurbished televisions. I have been shopping with Cook Brothers for over 20 years and I cannot believe how unfair and unprofessional it has become and unfortunately I will no longer be a customer at a store I thought was one of the best Chicagoland store. So disappointed!!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2011

On 23 Jul 11, we purchased an air conditioner that we were told was new, but was actually refurbished. It stopped working by Day 30. My husband took it back and was told that he needed the original receipt to get a store credit or replacement air conditioner. He returned three days later with the receipt and was told by four different individuals that we were basically out of luck. The 30-day warranty had expired.

A woman by the name of Felicia actually told us that we would have to send it to the manufacturer's service center. We asked for information to Corporate Office and was told by a woman named Lucy that they would tell us the same thing. She then asked if we wanted the air conditioner, and we told them to keep it. It didn't work and we, therefore, had no use for it. We left feeling totally disrespected and dissatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2010

On December 23rd, 2009, I purchased a 2-piece living set from Cook Brothers. I was told that my set would be delivered within 7-10 days. I was told that the delivery cost would be $90. On Jan. 2, I received a call at 9:01 am and spoke with Sophia. She told me that my set would be delivered on that day between 1 and 6 pm. I told her that I would be home all day. After the delivery time passed, I called the store to see what happened. I was told that the delivery man said that they had attempted to deliver my set but I was not there. I told them that I had been home waiting all day. They said that they called my cell phone number and left a message. This was true; however, I did not have my cell phone on because I was at home and I have a home number that Sophia used to contact me. That morning, my cell was the alternate number.

I spoke with the store manager Ray. He was very rude. I asked him why the delivery man did not call me on my home number as well. He said that they did not have it. I tried to explain to him that I would not waste $90 to have my furniture delivered. I told him that I could not afford it. I asked him to ask his drivers what color my car was, and he could not tell me the correct color of my home either. He told me that I was lying about the drivers being there. I felt very bad because this was my first time doing business with this company. He told me that the only way I was going to get my set was to pay another $90--that was it. I explained that I could not afford to pay the fee two times. He was very rude and hung up on me. He would not give me his last name. I feel that this is no way to treat a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cook Brothers Furniture?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Cook Brothers Furniture Company Information

Cook Brothers Furniture

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Let's talk

ConsumerAffairs ranks 562 on Inc. 5000 for 2017

Advertisements on this site are placed and controlled by outside advertising networks. does not evaluate or endorse the products and services advertised. See the FAQ for more information.

The information on our website is general in nature and is not intended as a substitute for competent legal advice. makes no representation as to the accuracy of the information herein provided and assumes no liability for any damages or loss arising from the use thereof.