Colortyme Rent-To-Own

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was due on the fourth which I was late. I called to talk to the store manager Roger because I told him I would be calling him to make a payment. The account manager name Allen answered the phone and I asked him several times if I could speak to Roger. He told me if I was calling for a favor I needed to talk to him. If I was calling about my account I need to speak to him. Sorry I refuse to do business with someone that talks to you like a dog. I refuse to have someone threaten me about picking up my merchandise when I was going to make a payment. I told him fine if I can't speak to Roger the store manager like I ask politely then the merchandise will be by the front door.

So I didn't get to speak to Roger. I call to let them know the merchandise was by the front door. He was like "if my merchandise was outside", I stopped him and told him to stop being disrespectful and rude and listen "It's by the front door, come and get it" and yes I hung up the phone. Roger will tell you I am never rude or disrespectful and I took my business to Aaron's. After I told them what happen they knew exactly who I was talking about. That's sad. Have a bless evening. Very unhappy customer. Happy at Aaron's.

I live in MD. I am disable. I brought furniture. These animals at first they was ok, then a manager name Coby came and decide he was going to bully and threatening my life and my neighbors' lives. I won in criminal court with all my bank statement proving I didn't owe anything and they owe me my furniture and money. They took me to civil court 3 times and the last time their lawyer and him lie about never seeing the bank statement that I had with me in court. I told the judge since I had the paper they can see it now but the judge said I should saw the paper. I told her the last time we was there not only did they take thousands of dollars but he threaten my life, my family and when I was in the kitchen our 9 years old open them and they rush him, took furniture. I had to call the police.

The next day here come Coby again cursing out my neighbor, kicking my door, and threatening me. The young man in the truck just shook his head. He said he hated working for this company and how they do people in court. I ask to have him come but they fired him. How I knew. I didn't owe any more money because I paid for the furniture not lease it. But they wanted me to lease it so they could get more money. Not only did I have to replace two sofa sets which one was use and gave us bedbugs, the other had a board holding it together. Not to tell you about the dining room sets with no chairs that I waited 4 months for them to get it right with the name Ashley's and it was not. Do not rent or buy or give them your credit card no. They are thieves, bullies, and liars. I live in Baltimore MD and their store is on eastern avenue.

I am aware that I owe on a loan there. One of our home incomes has stopped and they continuously call every day and leave messages, then a half hour goes by and they are showing up at my front door demanding money. I tell them I'll get it to them as soon as my disability kicks in and they still harass me. They leave their sticky cards on my door itself which is primered (not painted) and where the sticky strips have been left, cannot be washed or the primer comes off and metal shows. The manager has even came to my home and has gotten ignorant with me. All my rent-to-own property is and has been paid off except for the loan. They will never get my business again!!!

An unauthorized payment was made to my Visa debit card to my Mother's account. On 6/03/13, a transaction was made on my account by ColorTyme Rent To Own store in Largo, FL for my mother's account. Keep in mind I do not nor have or ever had an account with this company. So I called 77-391-9966 and spoke with Juan, store account manager. He then advised me that when I made a one-time payment for my mother back in February 18, 2013 that he, in error without my consent nor knowledge, continued to bill my checking account for my mother's account. He apologized and then stated there was nothing he can do about it. I then asked to speak with a manager or supervisor. He advised me that he was it. I then asked for Corporate's number. He said he was it as well. So basically ColorTyme has debited my account as well as my 73-yr-old mother's account and at the same time is demanding more money from her for an account that was supposed to be paid off, according to her contract. So I would like for someone to take a close look at this company to make sure this doesn't happen to another law-abiding citizen and especially a senior citizen.

I called to try to open a payment over the phone from one of my close. Both the store manager and the worker hung up the phone. What ever happened to damn good customer service? When you pay a payment on time, you don't get a thank you phone call for your payment. So I called back for the headquarter's number, but they refused to give it to me. Nasty attitude.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Colortyme Rent-To-Own?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I went into Colortyme in my hometown. I purchased the 3 room deal special they were running last June. For the 3 room special, it was supposed to be $39.99 a month. When it was time for me to make my first payment (monthly), it came up to over $160.00. I also typed a letter of complaint to the headquarters - no one ever responds to it. Then the manager at the store got upset. They have bad customer service, very rude, and lack of communication between their coworkers. They will call all day and come by your residence a couple times a day. I wish I would have gone somewhere else.

I received a call from my dad stating that the Constable was at his door again putting some levy papers on a car that's his. He never had an account with ColorTyme, I did. I started making payments again on the merchandise I had from them and I never received the code for the laptop to unlock it. I called them and spoke with a store manager called Dave and advised that I was going to be stopping by the store to make my payment. One hour passed that I made the phone call and I had another employee by the name of Steve calling me about the payment. They called 3 times in one day. They continue to call my father's house even when he told them that I don't live there. They are a bunch of thieves that think they're above the law by paying off the Constable so they could scare you with outdated paperwork. Don't buy from them or recommend to anyone. They are thieves.

I went into this store in March and they were running a special. If you purchase a living room set, you will get a free 42" TV and a bedroom set, a free 32" TV plus a week free off your 1st payment. I did the paperwork for the merchandise and I told the manager I could not print out the coupons. So he did it in the store. I paid the amount I was told to pay, which was $120 for both. After waiting almost two weeks, the furniture finally came in but no televisions. They brought the furniture out with one contract and still no television. I went into the store the following month and now, all of a sudden, the saleslady said that the manager told her that I needed to pay an additional $112. I never received a contract for the bedroom set, and I only got the contract for the living room set and still no televisions. She told they would be in the next week.

The following week, time for me to make another payment, I was out of town for an emergency and when I came back, the store called and said that I owe them $400. I asked them what it was for, and they said that was for the living room and the bedroom because I did not make my monthly payment. I then asked about the television and now, all of a sudden, they are in. I wanted to know whether I have to pay for the bedroom set because I did not sign a contract and did not receive the free televisions that were advertised.

On 04/15/2012 at 12:30 p.m., I was in my dad's home taking care of him and a constable showed up stating that he had documents to put a levy on some items to take care of the judgement for Colortyme Rentals in Tannerville PA. I explained to the constable that I don't have anything in the house. Everything belongs to my dad. I don't own anything. Colortyme is a rip-off company. They charge $3000 for a bedroom that only cost $300. They charge more than 50%. I know because I used to work for Rent-A-Center and Colortyme as a collector and manager. They are thieves with a license to take everyone's money.The rent-to-own industry should be illegal; they are thieves.

I am renting two laptops and one bedroom set . I paid for one laptop and the bedroom and my wife pays the second laptop. I was let go from my job and I gave a check to pay for my laptop and the bedroom set and the check came back because a problem with my account. They shut down my laptop and my wife even though she is making payments on it and now she has no access to her work or my daughter's school work because they want a payment. I told them that I am waiting for my check to clear to buy out the merchandise but they don't want to give the password for my wife's laptop so she have access to her work. I have been a customer of Colortyme in Tannerville, PA for about three months. They never called my references to verify my application until yesterday, 12/27/2011, telling them that I was looking to rent merchandise which is not true.

They are ripping customers off. When you pay a payment, none of that payment comes off of the balance due. I ask them every time to repeat my balance after I make a payment. When I paid my next payment, he gave me the same balance as before, and added tax. I have been owing $202 for a month now. How is that possible when I made a $45 payment this time, and $84 payment last time? Maybe I should hire an attorney to look into this.

I bought a stackable washer and dryer, a Whirlpool. On the first pickup, end of May 2011, the washer door would not open. It would lock and not unlock after the wash cycle. I had it picked up to be fixed. Colortyme brought out a temporary washer that was full of cockroaches. I am now spraying my home. They brought back my washer. They said it was fixed and the door locking system worked. Shortly after it was brought back, it became too loud. It sounded like a jet engine taking off.

Colortyme picked up the washer upon my request. They kept it for 3 months. When I inquired about the washer, the manager said she was going to be out $500.00 dollars. It was because they were going to have to replace the tub of the washer and the bearings, because I did not use the right detergent. I informed her: “No, I only use HE detergent. And I also have the cleaner for the washer as well.” During this time, I called Matt who sold me the washer, dryer set. Matt was in Corsicana Colortyme at the time I bought the set. Now he is at Tyler, TX Colortyme. Desperate for help, I asked him about getting a new one to replace this one. I was told that if it could not be fixed, it would be replaced. He told me to speak with the manager in Corsicana and she would help me, that it is up to her.

I called her again. She stated my washer was fixed and they would bring it out. Two of my sons were here when the men brought back my original washer I had purchased. After 1 week, it became too loud again. I called Colortyme and reported the problem. With my busy schedule, it took est. 3 weeks from the time I reported the problem for the washer to be picked up. I then requested to have a full refund of my money for the washer, or a new, not a second hand washer brought out to my home. The manager said she could only send out one of the same year or older. I told her I would try it out.

Colortyme came out on September 16, 2011. They picked up my washer and brought a second hand washer to replace it with. The delivery men turned on the washer empty of cloths and left. My son Stephen was home to greet them. When the men left, my son Stephen went to take a shower, leaving the washer running the way the men left it. Stephen found the washer beeping and flashing a signal F9E1 and it was full of water. He then called me, Jackie ** (mother).

I called Colortyme in Corsicana. I spoke with the manager and told her what was going on and what had happened. She said she would take care of it. When I arrived home at 10 pm the same night, I found the problem had not been taken care of. The washer was not working and full of water. It smelled of burnt electrical wires. I am formally requesting a new washer or a full refund for the washer that I have not been able to use. I have been going to a laundry mat to do our clothes. This is not for me. I have been a customer of Colortyme for over 3 years now. I have recommended your business to my children and to friends. I expected to be treated fairly and I don't feel that I have. I am asking for you to resolve this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

I was having a problem paying my payment and when I contacted them to make a payment arrangement, they told me that they could not wait that long for a payment. Then after a few months, I again got behind on my payments and all of the people I gave as references on my application, they call daily. Not to mention they come to my house at least 4 to 5 times a week. I had to change my phone number because they began to call me from their personal cell phones. I also had them come to my job and threaten my boss. After all of this, I tried to set up an app. for them to come and take the furniture because I no longer want to have anything to do with their business and they refuse to take any merchandise until I pay my back payments. They even found me on facebook and started asking me to pay my bill on there. I have still not been able to return my merchandise and am still harassed by them daily. I would not recommend anyone to rent from them.

On 10/06/09 I went online to check my bank statement & noticed that for some odd reason I was overdrawn by 375.00 when I called the bank to see why they said it was due to a charge from Colortyme for $80.24 dated 10/05/09 which I didn't authorize I made the bank aware at that time & they explained that since I have done business with Colortyme before that my best bet was to contact the store have them reverse the charges & have them write a letter on company letter head explaining it was an error & then to fax it to the bank & they would reverse the fees. I contacted Doc P & he was more then happy to help as it was an error that they charged my card without my knowledge.

I did what the bank asked but by the time it was all said & done my account was overdrawn by almost 600.00. Now here lies the problem I did what the customer service agent of Suntrust asked & the bank says that since it was Colortyme's fault for the charge & not a banking error the charges will stay as Colortyme is the responsible party & not the bank itself. I go back to Doc show him the proof & explain where the bank stands with this situation. Mr. P explains that he needs to send all this information to the CFO in Corporate Headquarters. I get in touch with Doc on 10/14 & he explains that per the CFO they are only willing to reimburse 1 NSF & not the 14 I was charged by the bank.Why should I be penalized for something they caused in the 1st place. I have a detailed breakdown from the bank & explained the charges the same way the bank explained it to me.

Meanwhile this has caused me to default on a loan that drafts out of my account every 2 weeks because my account is still overdrawn as Colortyme still hasn't corrected the problem my account continues to incur NSF & extended overdraft fees due to a problem caused by a charge I never authorized to begin with. USA loans now wants their money in full plus what ever fees they have incurred due to no fault of my own. All I want is for this problem to be corrected I have tried everything & you are my last resort I know their has to be some sort of law that protects my rights. Had it been the other way around they would follow me with the fullest extent of the law.

I am renting to own a Television through Colortyme for about 2 years now, and just recently we were having problems with the volume, before it was broke we used to turn the volume setting up to 30 to hear just right and just recent we would turn the volume up into the 70s-90s and still have trouble hearing it, I called colortyme and they came and picked up the tv and gave us a loaner, it has been around three months and I have not had my tv,

The manager and technichan say there is nothing wrong with the tv and for that kind of tv you have to turn it up to 90 to hear it. I can still barely hear it when it is up in the 70s-90s and when we first got the tv it was never like that. I have held payment because they have not fixed my tv right. They came by to drop my tv off and it was still broke, so we asked them to take it back and have it looked at again because of the sound and because there was lines in the tv as if there was pixels out in it.

They have not fixed my tv correctly and are still excpecting payment and I dont even have the tv. I have payed off a washer with them in the past so i do have a good payment history with them and with this tv it would be paid off in Decemer 09, if they were to fix the problem. No TV that I have been paying on and television that does not work and manager is not willing to fix it.

i have a whirlpool refrigerator that leaks water and freezes the food in the refrigerator part. the frige was repaired once for this problem now it is doing it again. my daugther owns a whirlpool and purchased from the same place as above. she is having the same exact problem.

I rented to own a computer. I had a waiver agreement with that computer that would cover for theft, fire and such. The computer was stolen, I called the police. Colortyme always maintained that they weren't responsble to honor the waiver because it wasn't burglary. I contacted corporate to find out if that's so and they're trying to say it wasn't covered because I never gave them a police report. That's not true, I would have given them a police report it they would have honored the liability and I still can.

I was 5 days late on payment because of a death in the family. He called my work 15 in 2 day and threatened my coworkers. He yelled at my coworkers. He wanted to know my address at work so he could come up here and harass her for telling him to call me at home. He was told sveral times by my boss to call me at home. He did not listen. I got into serious trouble with my boss because of it. He jepordised my job. I don't know if there are any laws to protect us from these people. My lady co-worker thinks he is going to n=be in the parking lot waiting for her. We should not ever be treated this way. Not for 5 days.

Colortyme Rent-To-Own Company Profile