Chair King Furniture

Houston, TX

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Employees at the Lakeway store are lazy and worthless. No one will make any effort that requires them to remove their hands from their pockets. They provide no service even when the store is nearly empty and stand around with hands in pockets. Worst thing I have ever seen. Terrible store, terrible management, no service.

Purchased over $4000.00 in Barbados Patio furniture delivered on 8/1/2012. Problem started over a year ago and now is accelerating rapidly. Problem is with the resin wicker becoming brittle and breaking. I was told at time of purchase by the saleslady that product had a seven-year warranty, in addition I bought an additional 5 year Outdoor Platinum Furniture Protection Plan. Over a year ago the coffee table starting showing decay however since it was underneath the glass top we did not made a claim. This past summer the Club Chair started to show deterioration and on January 12 I went by the store on 6393 Richmond Ave. to make my claim.

I was greeted by Steven ** that immediately said "do not worry the set has a 7 year warranty." He asked me to send him pictures and after waiting for few weeks the answer came in an email with Mr. ** letting me know that the manufacturer said that the wicker had only a 3 year warranty and so the product was covered until 8/2/2015 so there was nothing they could do for me. After another email someone call at my home and my wife answered and was told that there was nothing they could do. Of course the degree of deterioration of these chairs do not just happen in 3 to 4 months, these chairs were showing decay while they were covered by the insurance but the manufacturer and Chair King refused to solve the problem.

I am planning to take legal action but I would recommend not to buy the Barbados or as now is called Havana furniture because it's junk and the 7 year warranty is not so because the wicker is only warranty for 3 years and Chair King or the manufacturer would not stand behind their own product. Long story short, I am the owner of some expensive junk furniture. Chair King would not solve the problem and I just want to ensure that in this coming spring season shoppers are aware and do not buy from Chair King this outdoor patio furniture because it would not last the weather and the manufacturer would not stay behind its products. Also do not let the salesperson to trick you with the 7 year warranty because the weaker element is only covered for a 3 year warranty and be sure that at the first indication of decay make the claim because if you wait they would not do nothing for you. I will never buy furniture from Chair King again.

Purchased over $5000.00 in Mallin patio furniture approx. five years ago. Furniture is all located under patio cover. Problem started over two years ago and is accelerating rapidly. Problem is powder coating popping off of cast aluminum items. I was told at time of purchase that product had a seven-year warranty so I waited to get to a point where there would not be any question regarding defective coating. When I filed paperwork for warranty in the fourth year, I was advised that furniture only had a three year warranty. Long story short, I am the owner of some expensive junk furniture. Chair King apologized for the problem, but that is as far as it goes. Stay away from Mallin powered coated furniture and if not, at least get the warranty in writing not verbally. Costly unanticipated mistake on my part.

I bought a very expensive bar table with 4 swivel chairs in February 2014 from Chair King in Plano, Texas. This table and chairs stays under our covered patio in the summer and then in winter it is also covered with outdoor chair covers so it is always protected. My husband was sitting in one of the swivel chairs and the whole seat came off the chair and he fell to the floor. We sent pic to Chair King like they wanted us to and within 2 more days another chair broke at the same place as the first chair. Sent more pics and now all I get is, "it has been sent to the manufacture to see how they want to handle it." I kept calling back to the Plano store and got the same answer over and over. Well I looked up the manufacture of the chairs which is Royal Terrace and guess what... Royal Terrace is owned by Chair King. I am calling the corporate office tomorrow and then I will get my attorney to handle the matter. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I bought 5 Mallin Sandstone rocker patio chairs for $550 each from Chair King in 2007. They carry a 7 year manufacturer warranty. Chair King helped me place the warranty claim when the first one broke and a guest fell backwards on my patio. When I replaced the chair bucket, another chair broke I was in. I fell backwards and landed on my back and head. When I contacted them, they contacted Mallin. I told them that I noticed a reinforced bracket on the replacement and they helped me get with Mallin for replacements. Mallin agreed to replace the other 4 buckets based on the manufacturer defect. What I am not happy about is that Chair King and Mallin stuck me for $135 and the repair time to fix a defect that was not my fault. The store manager was not interested in helping and told me the warranty did not cover shipping. If you decide to buy expensive furniture at Chair King, you may want to ask them how they treat clients on warranty claims and if it will cost you out of your own pocket if something goes wrong.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chair King Furniture?

Chair King poor price match - I bought 2 swings from the Katy store. I saw an ad for the same furniture (different company name) and called the store. They said they went and looked and it was different - that's an outright lie. What am I supposed to do? Buy the new stuff, assemble it and show them? Do not walk. Run from this company. You do not have to look at too many reviews to know. If you were stupid enough to buy from them, then silly you!

I purchased a beautiful Hanamint patio furniture set in 2006 at Chair King in San Antonio, Texas. The set was expensive at over $6400.00. I was told cast aluminum would last for years and the manufacturer was one of the best in the business. Five years later, it is worthless as all the dark powder-coated finish is peeling off and exposing shiny aluminum. Chair King says, “Sorry, but the manufacturer’s warranty is only 3 years on the finish.” When I purchased, they said the warranty was 10 years. I found that to be only on the frame. I would not have written such a large check for disposable furniture. I would have been better off to go Home Depot for the same quality.

I purchased Solaris 60" patio table and four matching chairs from Chair King in 2006, expensive powder-coated cast aluminum. It looked nice for about 1 year. The set sits under covered patio and never has anything abrasive on it. Now, early 2010, the paint is peeling off the table in giant flakes! I called Chair King and the representative said, "Yeah, we know that this happens a lot. We can't do anything about it." What? Why continue to sell this overpriced garbage? I paid $2,000 for the set!

Chair King Furniture Company Profile