2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Broyhill Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broyhill?

Original review: June 6, 2020

We purchased a sectional, ottoman and reclining chair in February of 2020, the furniture was delivered in March of 2020, within only 2 months the furniture began to creak terribly and the reclining chair and one piece of the sectional have runs and frays in the material, the quality of this furniture is well below expectation, it didn't even last 3 months. I have submitted complaints to Big Lots and Broyhill directly and received nothing in response. This furniture looks as though it is several years old and we have only had it for 3 months now. I have submitted pictures and the receipt and they have not responded in any way to resolve this issue.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I purchased a Broyhill sofa in 1994, it is now 2019 and this sofa has been great! The cushion covers can come out of the fabric which is completely washable. The back cushions unzip so it is easy to do repairs and clean cushions attached to the back of the sofa. It is so sturdy, has been moved several times and holds up to all the traveling as well as lifting and moving. I love this sofa so much that when it is time to replace it, probably soon since the fabric is starting to thin, I am buying the same sofa again even though I would prefer to have a sectional.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Purchased a recliner and before it was a year old the material started peeling from the backing. We now have to keep a blanket over the recliner to keep pieces of material off our clothes and the floor. So much for a supposed quality product. Can't find a Broyhill website to file a complaint.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Paid $3,500 for a white sectional, always covered with a blanket unless company coming over. Only my wife and I here, the whole Sectional is delaminating, even on the back of it!!!! Worst expensive purchase ever. Asked store in Lecanto where it was purchased, told out of luck!!!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am very happy with my living room set. I’ve had it for four years. Easy really easy to keep clean. Microfiber brown. Beautiful. I get compliments on it always. I would like to know if I can get replacement foam for the couch, it has been slept on a lot more than it should have.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We purchased our Broyhill couch about 6 years ago from Ben's Fine Furniture on Port Huron Michigan. The couch was very appealing and the selling point was the springed cushions. This past summer I had repair out due to the back cushions sagging etc... The repairman said the couch was off warranty but I could purchase new cushions. Today I noticed the seat cushion looking lumpy. Lo and behold we popped a spring. I find this just crazy. My last couch was a La-Z-Boy which outlast 3 kids, 4 dogs, 2 cats, a move from Michigan to Chicago to join my son and daughter in law in their new home.

It was 22 years old before it was retired. But here we are with our not so very old Broyhill with saggy back cushions and sprang springs. After reading this list of complaints I am totally appalled to find this is a known issue with Broyhill and nothing can be done and the company is allowed to continue to sell these products. There is no consumer protection. I will call Broyhill but already feel defeated.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I spent over $1600 on Broyhill Sawyer Collection sofa and loveseat intended to purchase leather, but the salesman convinced me that "Performance Leather" was the way to go. Shortly after the warranty on the "performance leather" fabric expired the furniture started to peel - the "leather" separates from the fabric underneath leaving an unsightly mess. I contacted Hardee Furniture in Rocky Mount, NC where I purchased the set and was told jokingly "yeah, there was a manufacturer problem with that material - that's why the company went out of business." They, nor Broyhill offered any compensation for a sofa that barely lasted 18 months. The peeling is so bad on both pieces that I am embarrassed for even my family to visit. I cannot afford to replace it yet and have to vacuum up unsightly pieces of "performance leather" every day. I will never shop at Hardee Furniture again and will never purchase another piece of Broyhill furniture.

Original review: April 17, 2018

It is with great sadness that I have to finally buy a replacement for the Broyhill upholstered chair that we have enjoyed since 2008. This has lasted through two teenagers doing hours of homework in it and then sleeping in odd positions/hours that only young people can. I hope that I can find another Broyhill distributor to replace this important family memory.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

On Nov. 11, 2017, we purchased a Lane sofa and chair from the Broyhill store in Aurora, Colorado, and was told because of the holidays, the estimated delivery would be Jan. 15, 2018. I hadn't heard anything so I called and was told there was a problem with the fabric, so they had to order new fabric. Then I was told there was an ice storm and the factory closed for two days. On Jan. 26, I was told it was shipping that day. On Feb. 6 with no call about a delivery, I was told that it shipped, but to a distribution center in North (or South) Carolina, and that it was out of their control because now it was with the trucking company who has to wait for a full truck to Colorado.

When I followed up, numerous times they said they would call me back and never did. On this last call on Feb. 6, they said they would follow up today and would let me know. Nobody called me back. My order is three weeks overdue and it's still sitting on the East Coast. My husband and I are sitting on hard patio furniture and my back and butt are killing me. I have MS and it is extremely difficult getting in and out because of the low height. Because my balance is off, I often lose my balance when going to sit down, and often hit the metal arm on the chaise lounge. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Original review: May 22, 2017

Purchased a full sofa set 3.5 years ago. Under totally normal use (aka "sitting on it"), their "performance leather" material is now literally falling apart. Warranty has expired (what a coincidence), so I contacted Broyhill to ask what is going on. Was told that this is a known issue with their "performance leather", but that they won't do anything to fix it. Must now upholster the entire sofa set (with a material that doesn't fall apart after 3 years) or buy a new sofa. Do NOT purchase anything from Broyhill. Ever.

Broyhill Company Information