2.85/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

Looking for a good furniture store?

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I bought 5 piece Spencer bedroom set and bought mattress and box springs also. My 1st delivery they had 2 different sizes of the box springs. That was delivered on Saturday and they would not send correct box spring on same day so rescheduled for Tuesday meanwhile I'm sleeping on floor and they dont care. So on Tuesday truck came with only 1 box spring as I have king size bed so needed 2 box springs. I'm very frustrated and told them needed come pick up everything as I was done with them as the 2 delivery was supposed be double checked before getting on the truck. Customer service refused pick up furniture stating once I accept into my home it can't be returned. The box spring was the last thing guys brought into my home so I didn't know there was big screw up.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Bob's sells poorly made furniture that falls apart and will not back their own warranty. I have pics that I can send proving that they use poor wood, and everything is just stapled together. ** craftsmanship with no support leaving customers stranded. I purchased the Goof Proof Plan which serves no purpose other than extra profit for them.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased a wood dining table and got decaf proof plan. My wife set a hot pot on the table and the surface was damaged accidentally which should be covered under the plan. The claim was denied because they said that it looked as if it were multiple occurrences. It occurred one time and I am not sure how they feel it happened over multiple times. Why would I file a claim after multiple occurrences? It does not make sense. I will be filing a claim in court. This is not about the money but the principle. It appears that they deny all claims and try to find an excuse in any way.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Ordered a table to be delivered today. Was given the time frame of 12:45-3:45. At 6:00 called and was told it was still on its way. Asked to speak to a supervisor. After almost 45 minutes on the phone he tells me the driver knocked and no one answered at 5:07? First I was by the door the whole time with a dog that barks at everything. Second, at 6:00 I was told they just left the stop before and on its way and now being told he was here at 5:07? Lastly you don’t call before walking away. Give me a break. The driver was running late for the day and just came to the house took a picture and left. This is the worse experience I have ever had with a company. I will tell everyone I can to avoid this company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

First, I can't lie that have decent furniture at great prices but their customer service, sales, and delivery are awful. I have ordered multiple times from Bob's but have recently had major problems. I purchased a living room set, dining room set, and brand new king mattress, (not all together but different purchases) all paid in full with delivery dates and times chosen and guaranteed. Only thing that showed up was one chair and a chaises. The mattress was for my elderly parents that needed an upgraded mattress. So no furniture for my home and no mattress for two weeks for my parents to have a new mattress to sleep on.

I had just purchased my home and was having people over and my church for a blessing of the home. I contacted Bob's about this and they said sorry but everything is on back order. Well when I purchased all these items, I was never told anything was back ordered and they gladly took my money. I received no compensation or money back for their mistake, they offered me a fifty dollar gift certificate, which never came, and what can I buy with fifty dollars at furniture store? Basically a half of a lamp. Customer service and especially the supervisors were extremely rude and not helpful. I recommend going to a different furniture store, spend that extra money at a furniture store with more quality products and a more professional and reliable sales and delivery team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I paid $650.00 for this imitation leather lounge chair and it started peeling very badly after sitting on it. I did not even know it was not real leather. The same thing happened to the headboard I bought from them that I thought was leather. It started peeling in no time. The handles on the dresser draw broke off and I paid for insurance and was told they don't have any handles. The mattress I bought started to sink in the middle and no one even sleeps in the middle of the bed. When I called for a replacement I was told that my insurance does not cover the mattress. The only good thing I can say is that it all looked good when I purchased it.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I purchased sectional sofa and I got delivery as per the expected date. However, during the installation Bob's technician team found that 4 of the legs are missing. I immediately received call from Bob's warehouse team that I will receive the legs first thing in the next morning. Of course I did not receive on next morning so I called customer service and they told me to wait for about 7 days to receive the part and then I have to call their technician to fix it. This is after paying $150 for shipping and installation cost. I have already invited some friends at house over the weekend and I know it will look odd. Highly Disappointed with false promising.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I will start off with my in store experience was good. No problems there. We bought a power reclining couch and love seat. We had to have the original couch replaced at seven months due to foam on cushions and armrests deteriorating. Now a little over a year later after the factory warranty has expired the couch is literally falling apart again. With the color of the material it can be hard to tell without very close inspection if there's a problem or not but upon close inspection the seams are coming apart. The armrest on one side is flat. I noticed that one side of the couch is separating and the frame is broken.

Bob's nor their warranty company will do anything about this problem. They are clearly selling sub par furniture or at least the brand the sold me is. I fully understand the 1 year factory warranty but to have a second couch fall apart worse than the first with no resolution from them at all except oh sorry was their literal response. Honestly just spend the extra money and get quality.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Stay as far away from their FRAUDULENT Goof Proof plan! It is an absolute scam. The minute you make a claim, you will realize the mistake you made when agreeing to this extra "coverage." The furniture they offer are of cheap quality, so there will 100% be damage. However, if you think the "goof proof plan" is what you need to repair your damaged furniture, you couldn't be farther from the truth. They will do anything they can to deny your claim, and reject your warranty.

It's all a scam to get more money into their pockets. If you decide to settle on their furniture for the cheap prices, be my guest, JUST BE SURE NOT TO FALL FOR THE GOOF PROOF PLAN. They make the offer sound so good to be true, and that's because it is. No one will cover your damaged furniture, and you will end up stressed and running around in circles trying to get answers. Not worth the headache.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I bought a sectional couch on 09/25/19 to be delivered by 10/19. Part of the couch was delivered, missing 2 pieces, one because they put the wrong piece in the truck and the other because they didn’t have in stock. Accidents happen, we are all human beings and make mistakes. One piece was delivered the next Saturday the other one still missing. We received a call saying the piece would be deliver on 11/9. Then another call saying that will be delivered on 11/19 and it goes on. I called the store the manger promised to be delivered on November 9th. But it’s not happening.

I am so frustrated that I don’t want this couch anymore. I am trying to return everything since the policy says that “if merchandise is not available for delivery by the promise date... FULL refund of any payments you have made”. So, I don’t know how many times I have talked to customer service. They let me stay on waiting call for over 50 minutes! This is unacceptable! I am going to file a claim and have my attorney to deal with it. I am tired.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information