2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased the Katie 90 inch sofa, chair, and love seat. This was all delivered without incident, in fact the delivery guys were great. After only 3 weeks of sitting on the couch, the seat started to sag. I am 6 ft and weigh 190lbs. This should not happen. I have already moved the cushions around and flipped them to try to minimize the sagging. They sent me an email asking me to review the products from my purchase. I did so honestly. And I soon realized that if you attempt to leave a negative review on Bob's web site they will NOT put it up for anyone to see, they block them. I personally wish I knew this beforehand. Now I am stuck with mediocre furniture that I will have to replace likely by next year. Horrible products. Do some research about reviews of this place prior to ordering anything. Don't just go by the flattering reviews from their site. You will be shocked.

Original review: June 26, 2020

When ordering a bed and having it delivered from their site they promise to remove the old frame, install & assemble, sweep & clean up. None of that occurred and the bed has screws falling out of it. They offered $30 on a Bob's gift card as an apology.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Bob needs to change its name to “Bob’s Discount Furniture and Terrible Customer Service." Any company can have an occasional problem and a good a Customer Service (CS) department can take care of it. Not these guys! I bought a power reclining sofa and chair in late April. One section of the sofa broke almost immediately. A rivet fell out and the sofa would recline crooked and tilt badly. The queue to talk to Bob’s CS is always long and useless so I “chatted”. The chat worked well. There is a virus so they will send someone out as soon as they can. They gave me a claim number. (Should have just replaced the bad section immediately). Waited a few weeks until Illinois opened again. Contacted CS and they arranged a repair appointment. If I had not called to check – I would still be waiting!!!

Repairman shows up a few days later and – says it’s broke. He’ll order the lower part. It will be sent to my house and then they arrange another visit. Waited another week and a half and still no part. Messaged Bob’s again (call queue is longer now) and, again, they didn’t. They call ME. “Oh – your part is on order”. It will be available after 8/29/20. WTF??? 8/29???? I bought this pig in April now I wait until (at least) October to get it to work. I tell them I now want my money back (or back until sofa is fixed). But no – they won’t do that. I just have to wait. That’s not a problem – right?

I sent a message back telling them they needed to do more. Their reply was to apologize again and say there was nothing they could do. And this reply was sent from a “unmonitored email box”. Now all I can do is contact Bob’s from time to time - because I have NO CONFIDENCE they will send me the part when (or if) it finally arrives. DO NOT BUY FROM BOB’S DISCOUNT FURNITURE. You will regret it.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I purchased a sectional hustle about 4 years ago along with the goof proof protection. The pull-out section was only used roughly 5 times. Somehow it stopped working and began to dip. I contacted Bob's customer support, a technician was sent to the home. He took pictures and immediately said they can’t fix it. The part would have to be purchased by us or we would have to go through guardian to file another claim. The customer rep clearly stated this is a manufacturer defect and it was being reported on other similar items; however, they refused to do anything about it. I continuously heard “sorry there’s nothing else we can do”. If this is a manufacturer's defect it should be fixed or replaced by the manufacturer. The customer should have to bear the burden of expenses when the company didn’t make the product suitably.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I ordered to be delivered $2300 worth of furniture to be delivered on June 20th. I received the text on June 18th with the time frame 1245-445, I contacted Bobs like the text stated of that won’t work. I clearly stated that I live in a townhouse community and it can’t be delivered past 3 or I will get in trouble with my HOA. She reassured me she would contact the delivery company to let them know and it shouldn’t be a problem. This morning I got a text the delivery would be here at 430 and I’m 13 on the list. So I called your customer care team and while I was on hold Melissa left me a VM stating the delivery team was running late and it will be closer to 5.

So I finally spoke to a supervisor and she stated the rep on Thursday told me wrong info. So here I am Saturday with no furniture and will get fined cause I did what I was supposed to do to let Bobs know it has to be delivered before 3 and I was told it wouldn’t be a problem. The supervisor was no help and this leaves a very poor taste in my mouth over all this. I’m paying over $300 in delivery fees in which I should be compensated for since I will have to pay the HOA fines. Poor customer service and this will be my 1st and last time purchasing from Bobs Furniture.

Furniture arrived and 3 pieces were damaged. This is where they get you, they try and talk you into keeping the furniture and they will send someone out to repair it. Well no one told me nor is it on my paperwork that you can’t return anything. They told me to keep the pieces that were good. Now I’m stuck with a part of a sectional, and customer service won’t even budge to compensate you. Nightmare to deal with.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I got a mattress first. It was great for a few months. So I got a sectional. Well... the mattress became very uncomfortable. It was a pillow top which was bunching in the middle from side to side and the sides had sagged so bad that we felt like we were falling out of bed. I filed a claim. The reviewer came out and agreed it was faulty. He set up for a replacement. Awesome! Two weeks later, day before scheduled delivery, it gets reschedule for another 2 weeks then another 2 weeks. Finally I called and was offered an exchange for something else. Ok, malfunctions happen. We go to the store and replace the mattress.

A week later I get yet another call, this time to tell me the mattress I am supposed to get to replace the bad one was discontinued and they will not be able to fulfill the order. Why was I not told this a month before? Fine, crap happens. Now for the couch. Almost every cushion seam has ripped, the cushion foams have all compressed to half their original size, the webbing in the corner piece broke making that seat unusable and a beam inside one of the couch pieces broke ripping through the dust cover underneath. They will not replace these. Best part, I left this same time of honest review on their site which has mysteriously disappeared. The company is garbage and the furniture is worse. Don't do it.

Original review: June 20, 2020

In May 2020 I proudly closed on.my first home during the COVID epidemic. After my closing, I decided to put my trust, and money into Bob's Furniture store and ordered a sofa for my new place. I placed the order online, on May 22nd, but was told I would have to wait until June 20th (nearly a month) for delivery. I was ok with that because I got activated (in the Airforce) and I knew that there was a backlog with most companies due to COVID.

On June 19th, one day before my delivery, I received a phone call from Bob's stating that despite the long lead time, and the promise of delivery, they only had 2 pieces available to my 3 piece sectional. I did find another couch that I was willing to accept in place of the coach I previously ordered and was willing to pay the difference. First, the gentleman told me it was only $180 more and that coach would be available and shipped to my house the following week, then the gentleman admits he made a mistake, that the other coach was close to $400 more! I asked them due to the inconvenience is there anything they could do to work with me and I was told no. I also called the store personally, spoke to a sales associate and was told the same thing.

I was very shocked Bob's could not do anything to make up for their inconvenience. I work for the AirForce and I also work very hard and have made many sacrifices. I am floored by Bob's response to my problem and that they were not able to meet me halfway and rectify this problem. This is why I am leaving an unsatisfactory review. I planned on furnishing my whole place using Bob's furniture, but due to this I will never buy anything else from this store and will advise my family and friends to do the same. I guess this is how Bob’s treats their Vets.

Miss **

Original review: June 16, 2020

They don't allow anything less that a 3 star review on their site, which is bogus. Why even have a rating system if EVERY PRODUCT is rated 5 stars? I got the Capri Sectional, it broke within 2 weeks and no one could come to fix it due to Covid (understandable) however what isn't understandable is how the couch BROKE within TWO WEEKS.

Furthermore, the couch is horrible scratchy material and the cushions slide right off the couch while you're sitting. Even though I hate this $1,000 couch, even though it's a piece of junk that doesn't function with the most basic requirements (to be sat on) they are not allowing for an exchange and do not offer couch covers. Never ever ever again will I go through Bob's. I also got a kitchen table from them and when I went to sleep the other night a shard of the wood jabbed into my leg. No idea where it peeled off from, but I could tell because of the paint on it that it was either my table or chairs. The products at Bob's literally just FALL APART with no provocation.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Bob's refuses to repair our couch that is just over a year old that started electrocuting us, it is very dangerous and very much could kill a person with a heart condition. I did purchase their "Goof Proof warranty" and they refused to cover it as well, the couch has no damage and is in excellent condition other than the fact that you may die if you recline in it. I complained to the BBB and BOBs LIED to the BBB, they promised they were going to schedule a repair, instead they listed our issue as resolved even though they never came and never fixed a thing.

We are in the process of getting a personal injury attorney and starting a lawsuit. Buyer be very ware, bobs can potentially kill you and they do not care, and they will lie to government agencies in an effort to keep their A rating. I have asked the BBB to reduce their rating due to the fact that they lied to them, I doubt the BBB will reduce it but hey mine as well spread their "great customer service" with the world.

Original review: June 15, 2020

So we ordered the Calvin Almond Beige Sofa - $399 (SKU - 20049123021) on 5/14/2020 and was told that we would get a call within 3 days to process shipping via Threshold Delivery. Couple of days went by and nothing. We called customer care and was told by the rep that the sofa is not available to ship and will need to ship to the Rockville location on 06/13/2020. Ridiculous! if we had never called we wouldn't of known this. Fast forward to today, guess what? IT'S 6/15/2020! NO CALL!!

So we called them today and both of their customer service number goes straight to a dead end. Had to call the Rockville location and was told that it was set to be shipped on 06/30/2020. No one even emailed or called us. Afterwards we found out the same exact SKU - 20049123021 is listed under a BIG BANNER THAT SAYS "HOT & IN-STOCK" and even ** shows it on their listing.

Take a look HERE! ** This shows that it's available to ship in Rockville location and will typically be sent on 3-5 business days. So how does this make sense? Your website says it's ready to ship in less than a week and your Rockville rep told us that it will ship on the 30th of June?!?! This company is scummy. The lady in Rockville told us that the listings on the site doesn't indicate that they are in stock. But guess what, there is nowhere on the site that says that it is not available or backordered or whatever. Such a lying company. Will never come here ever again. Best believe that we cancelled and asked for a refund before they can send the sofa.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information