2. Homeowners

Woodbridge, NJ

3.6/5 (965 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I was screened and greeted warmly. Given an overview of the layout with an offer to assist as need, then they left me alone which is greatly appreciated. When I had a question, someone was immediately available and helpful. No one was “salesy” or pushy. Genuinely helpful and respectful. My order was simple to place and arrange delivery. Updates regarding my delivery were timely and accurate.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bought the Store Demo Mattress model from Bob's Discount Furniture in Vernon Hills, IL for a good price. However, I got duped into purchasing a brand new box spring/platform at FULL PRICE! So they DID NOT LOSE MONEY!??? Furthermore, their alleged FREE DELIVERY has a "Mileage Range" associated with it, and our apt fell a few miles OUTSIDE that Limit - plus they were NOT willing to negotiate + or - on the delivery fee. Overall, we spent ~3hrs in that Store and came away with the back of our Minivan FULL!???

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am 57 years old, the Bob's Hybrid King size mattress is the most supportive, most comfortable therapeutic mattress I’ve ever slept on. The price was half of what I would have paid for a name brand at a conventional mattress store. Quality all new material, hypoallergenic, no smell even when delivered new out of wrapper. I love the hybrid springs under memory foam, great support for my achy back.

Longest warranty of any mattress manufacturer 20 years. This mattress is 3 years old now and no signs of mash out rolled corners. Like the day I bought it, very durable. At half the price of Sealy, Stearns & Foster you name it. And you can go to Bob's storefronts and test drive one that fits your needs and comfort level. No internet out of box surprises you haven’t tried. Purple casper. Move over. Try Bob's Discount Furniture, your wallet and your back will thank you.

Original review: June 29, 2021

AVOID THIS PLACE..! I had a horrible experience. I ordered a dining set and the wrong one was delivered 3 times over a 7 month period of time.. The last arriving well after the time window I was given (845pm) ruining my entire day.. But the delivery team was finally able to make it work using returned table legs from a taller table.. After the 2nd attempted delivery I was told I would be reimbursed for missing multiple days of work so I could be there for the deliveries.. They offered a gift card and when I told them I wanted to just return the table they refused to return it for a refund.. I will never be back and will definitely never be recommending Bob's to anyone..! Steer clear..!

Original review: June 26, 2021

I purchased the mattress because I believed the commercial. That it would be similar to the Tempurpedic. The commercial grossly misrepresented the mattress. It is uncomfortably firm and too thick. Sheets don't fit, and it makes the bed too high. Had to wait two months for delivery. Basically, it was a bad experience. I do not recommend this mattress.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I have bought 2 couches from Bob's Discount Store over the last several years. Both times I purchased their Guardian Protection Plan and both times that I put in a claim, the claim was denied. I do not recommend anyone buying Bob's protection plan as you are wasting your money. I have a leather sectional and on 1 recliner the leather is "Peeling". I put in the claim only to be denied because it was not a "rip, cut or puncture". They consider that the peeling is normal wear and tear. Are you kidding me? Leather cracking, peeling and other normal wear and tear is not covered. Maybe I should have RIPPED the recliner instead. This is unacceptable and I will never purchase from Bob's Discount Stores again and surely never purchase a protection plan with Guardian Protection Products, Inc. as it is a waste of your money.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I’ve been extremely annoyed and frustrated with Bob’s! The delivery guys were great, however, I hate waiting longer than what I was told when I first purchased my living room set! I was told 2 months and only 4 pieces of my set was just delivered after 2 1/2 months! I’m still waiting on my other 2 pieces which they now have pushed back to 2 more months! Also I was supposed to get my 4 pieces delivered last week and they sent 2 right pieces and 2 wrong pieces so overall, I am not too happy with Bob’s! I understand the pandemic has pushed stuff back but not 5 months! And then every week they keep pushing my date back! Don’t think I will do business with them after this! If you want to wait 4 or 5 months for something you paid in full for then shop here.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We have been trying to get a refund for over a month. Every person that answers the phone has a different lie. "Check was mailed out", "We reimburse your credit card", "We will call you back", "Can’t find your refund in our computer". Anything to get you off the phone. Still No Refund!

Original review: June 21, 2021

On June 17th, 2021 I received delivery of my Bob's Artisan Sofa and Loveseat after patiently waiting since March 27, 2021. Both items Artisan Loveseat and Artisan Sofa, were delivered and immediately we noticed a smell. Delivery personal said it would dissipate. That day the smell got worse and worse. We tried airing out the couches by opening the windows. That night we left windows open in hopes of airing out the loveseat and sofa.

On June 18th, 2021 we woke up to a worse smell and I called bob's furniture customer service and they recommended I wait 24-48 hours for the smell to go away. We still left the windows open to air out the couches. As the odor was getting worse my mother and I both started experiencing breathing difficulties from the strong odor. I called customer service and they said a representative would visit June 25th, 2021 to check the odor levels. I agreed to this but as the breathing issues worsened, I called customer service again. Bob's furniture rep insisted a replacement sofa and loveseat to be delivered in two weeks.

On June 19th I couldn’t take the smell any longer and I wrapped both the loveseat and the sofa with plastic to reduce the smell. This is not healthy and safe for us. My complete disappointment with the smell and risk and fear of lung issues and breathing I purchased a sofa and loveseat from another company in the amount of $5,824.00. At this time I do NOT want a replacement sofa and loveseat from Bob's Furniture. I cannot safely accept anything from Bob's in fear of toxic smells. I am requesting a refund for the amount paid with both the loveseat and sofa taken back. We haven’t even sat on the furniture because of the smell.

Original review: May 27, 2021

My name is Charles ** and I have an issue that needs to be resolved. I ordered furniture from your store in Carles Place, NY back in October of 2020. I received my son's bedroom set in January of 2021 and the item was broke. I called and reported the issue and someone came to my home to inspect it. I was told to come back in the store to get a replacement in February of 2021 which I did. The bedroom set I chose the sales person told me that it was cheaper than the broken bed so they gave me a $60 refund. I was told to expect delivery in April of 2021. I did not received the item by April so I decided to call and see what was going on.

The person on the phone set a delivery date for 05/27/2021. Today while at work my wife received multiple calls from Bob's asking for myself or my wife to call. The last voicemail stated we owe over $300 which was a surprise. My wife was already in the area so she stopped by the store to see why we owe anything. My wife spoke to the manager Eric ** who said they realized an accounting error and we owed a balance of over $300. At that time I was on speaker phone. Before my wife went into the office I called 516-408-1190 twice and both times they told me there was a $0 balance on the account.

As I was trying to explain that to the manager he was not trying to hear anything I had to say. I spent a lot of money with Bob's Furniture and my son waited a long time for his bedroom set. No one there was trying to accommodate us in any way at all. My sons has been waiting for a bedroom set since October 2020. It is not our fault it came broken. And it is not our fault that there was an accounting error. Why wait until the day before delivery to tell us this. There was more than enough time to let us know. This is very disappointing.

Original review: May 20, 2021

When you think you buy any furniture please go somewhere else. Never think to buy something on this place, when we buy furniture here, they say we have a year warranty from factory, but we can extend the same warranty for 5 years, so we purchase the warranty but after 2 years we try to use it, but they decline the request, furniture on Bob's last only a year, please don't buy nothing here. This place is a junk furniture.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I ordered their Katie loveseat along with a sleeper sofa, chair and ottoman on January 5, 2021. The price was semi fair about 1700 for all three pieces after their delivery fee. I had looked in the store at this set and the sectional prior to my purchase. I received notice it would be delivered on January 26, 2021 but the loveseat was on back order. When they came I got my sofa and ottoman. Chair is not on the truck and nobody knows where it is. It is on the invoice they emailed me to be delivered with the sofa and ottoman. I ask they search the truck. They call their boss who screams it was loaded. Where is it. The ottoman is broken. The hinges are messed up. I tell the delivery guy.

He promises since the chair is not on the truck the store will be calling within 10 minutes to explain where it is and they know I am unhappy with the ottoman and the strange hinge on the back of sofa and the loveseat. This a hinge that is six inches wide and runs the back of couch. It's velcro that holds it with the hinges the back folds for no reason and I did not see this at the store. I am totally upset by the hinge set up cause if you push the couch the hinge goes forward causing the pillow to fall. So the delivery guy leaves and assures me the store will call within the next few minutes. I wait. NO CALL. Hours later no call.

I call to see what is going on and to see where my chair is and to inform them the ottoman is broken upon delivery. They have no idea where the chair is but now that is also backordered thru possibly April. This is January when the first delivery came. No apologies, no "Wow you're not happy with any of the furniture you just spent 1800 dollars on let me try to help." I sent multiple emails complaining about ottoman and lack of customer service with all my complaints. Nothing. I get emails saying, "We will give you gift card for this amount then this amount" and guess what they never come.

The quality of this loveseat and couch is awful. There is a hinge on the back of my sofa and love seat not sure why, but if you bump it the velcro releases and it falls and the pillows fall off. It's not comfortable and the padding on the arms is already smashed and hard. Do not purchase this set. None of them are worth what they charge. They will not help you when you do complain they will re route the calls and ignore them. Do not buy anything from Bob's Discount Furniture.

I called to cancel the chair. I do not want anymore terrible quality furniture. I called, left messages, have all email responses and yet they have never contacted me or sent me the 99 dollar gift card they were sending for the broken ottoman. I would never recommend Bob's to anyone. I am out 1800 dollars on furniture I did not like from the day it got delivered. They have no refund policy and their products and their descriptions do not show this poor quality hinge on the back of the furniture. They do not care that I spent money on an ottoman that cant ever be opened due to a blown out screw and the top being on their lopsided. Save your money. Shop other stores anywhere but Bob's discount Furniture.

Original review: April 25, 2021

So I brought three pieces of furniture here for my living room. The sales lady said when I was done paying for the furniture they would set up a date to deliver it when I needed. The lady in the office said no it would take about a month before getting my furniture. So they think it's ok to sit in a empty room for a month. They should have told me that when ordering and I would have went somewhere else. Very bad business and if you read the reviews they only have a few higher than one. And if you still don't believe believe me a man on Google wrote a really bad article about Discount Bob's. Check it out this is really bad business.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information