2. Homeowners

Woodbridge, NJ

3.5/5 (940 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Cannot get my couch fixed for almost a year now. Techs have looked and ripped my couch apart and nothing fixed. They won't replace it but won't or can't even fix it. This is going on for the last few months, couch is not even a year old. They are waiting for my warranty to run out in a few days. That's what one nice guy out of a bunch of rude incompetent ones at customer service told me.... so they don't have to fix it, the worst company to deal with. I have been hung up on numerous times also when I've tried to explain over and over my situation.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

GO TO RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN! My bedroom set came August 15th, 2019; I have been sleeping on my couch since then because of their incompetent employees. I've spoken to customer "care" so many times, it was ridiculous! They delivered an incomplete bed. I had to reschedule so many times with them to complete the job. There was even one time the workers came WITHOUT THE MISSING PIECE, and I had to reschedule again! Then I found out why they did not have it: the customer care person whom I spoke with DID NOT ORDER IT....after we had a whole conversation about it.

I did not get a chance to sleep in my bed until Sept 24th, 2019. And for compensation, they were going to give me a $75 gift card. What the hell am I going to get for $75 at a furniture store! That's when they increased it to $100, which was still a joke. BOB'S FURNITURE, I AM GOING WITH RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN FOR MY OTHER ROOMS! You are an incompetent joke.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We bought a bedroom set from Bob's in October of 2018 and as always they try to push their Goof Proof Warranty on us. Against my better judgment, I purchased it because the salesman said that it would cover anything that could go wrong with the furniture within the year. About 2 weeks ago the pieces of wood that hold the bed up at the base started to get loose and every time we got on the bed it would make noise, fearing we will end up on the floor in any given moment, I called the number that Bob's provided and I filed a claim, they told me to take pictures of the damage which I did.

Their response to me was that this particular type of damage was not covered because it was not accidental and that it does not cover a broken frame. This is not what the salesman told us. He said it would cover ANYTHING that could go wrong with the furniture. NEVER again will we go to buy furniture in this place. It's low quality, and they do not keep their promise when something goes wrong, they just want to steal your money with the worthless Goof Proof nonsense.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Hi, I would like to advise customers beware of Bob's Furniture return policy. We bought a pair pillows and we didn't like them and we want to return it but they didn't take, I could not find their return policy very clearly before buying. So please be aware of this.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

My 7 year old son was on the top bunk when the railing broke in half and snapped. He flew off the top bunk 5 feet in the air and fell on his head. I purchased the Bob's Goof Proof Protection Plan when I purchased the bed and the insurance company would not fix the bed. Neither would Bob's. Save your money. Shop elsewhere where they will honor the warranty.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I went into a Bob's Store on September 3rd and ordered a dining room table. After spending hours in the store trying to find something that was not going to be back ordered for 2 months we finally picked a table that would be 4 weeks out for delivery. I was told the table would arrive October 1st. We received the only the chairs for the table with the other furniture we ordered on 9/17. I was then called 1 week later and told it won't arrive until 10/. Within hours I received another call stating it won't arrive until 10/13 and then again 10/26.

I spent hours of my time on hold and arguing with customer service representatives only to have to cancel the order for the table and get credited back. The manager of the store did absolutely nothing. Customer service also wanted me to take more time off work to be available for THEM to come pick up the chairs, otherwise I wouldn't be credited back for the chairs. Bob's lies to you to make a sale, promising delivery dates to only be taken advantage of. This has been the most atrocious customer service I've ever experienced.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

My recliner is a couple of days over 2 years old. The buttons on the side of the chair that operate the reclining do not work. The warranty will not cover it as it was not a preventable accident and Bob's won't cover it because this chair is over the manufacturer's warranty of 1 year. I even stated that I will pay to get it fixed, but they said that the manufacturer does not make that control panel anymore so there is nothing they can do. They won't take it back and they won't replace the control panel from a returned chair. So basically I am stuck with a 700.00 dollar recliner, that I can't recline. Plus I bought the 299.99 Goof Proof Warranty that only cover's preventable accidents, which nobody can tell me what they consider preventable. I have talked to their corporate office and no help. So all the advertising about how they care about the customer is not true. Do not buy from Bob's, they care about the sale and once you leave the store you are out on your own.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

On August 24, 2019 I went with my mother into Bob’s Discount furniture in Springfield PA. She was looking to purchase a new bed and headboard. We had chose this location because it had been advertised a lot on the tv and it was close to our home. We were greeted by a sales rep named Edgar **. Edgar was eager to help us as he asked what had brought us in to Bob’s that day. My mother explained she was shopping for a new bed and headboard. He showed us the area where the bedroom sets were and told us to take our time and look around. He was not a pushy salesperson as he did not follow us around or hound us to buy anything.

My mother decided to go with the Hudson queen storage bed for $799. She decided on this bed because she liked how it had the 6 roomy storage drawers. We found Edgar in the store and told him this is the bed she had decided on. We were informed by Edgar that this particular bed did not come with a mattress included so we would have to purchase the mattress separately. My mother purchased the Bob-O-Pedic enchant queen firm mattress for $1,299.

Edgar really promoted the goof proof protection plan and explained it would cover anything that happened to the furniture for up to 5 years. My mother decided to go with this as it seemed like a really good plan to have to go along with the bed and mattress. Edgar set the delivery date for September 20, 2019 between the hours of 6:30-10:30 a.m. This time frame was guaranteed to us by Edgar.

The week of the delivery starting that Monday my mother received numerous automated calls and texts stating that the delivery would take place on September 20, 2019 between 6:30-10:30 a.m. September 20th comes and we are up waiting for the furniture at 6:30 a.m. My mother could use the tracking app as she was to be the first delivery of the day. Around 8:00 a.m. she sees the tracking say 2nd in line and finds that odd since Bob’s called and texted the night before telling her she was the 1st delivery.

By 9:00 a.m. we were still waiting for the furniture to be delivered and she tracks it and it says now 3rd and could not be completed. She gets on the phone then and calls the main office in Connecticut and asks what is going on. The agent informs her that the delivery truck broke down and that her order had been pushed back in line. My mother said, "I understand that things happen but why am I now penalized and my delivery pushed back?" The agent stated they were sorry and were working on getting it delivered later in the day.

The agent stated someone would call my mother back with the time that they could come deliver the furniture. We waited over an hour and no call. My mother called back again to the main office in Connecticut and this time she reached another agent. This agent told her, "I am not sure why the other agent told you the furniture was coming today because we don’t have anyone that can deliver it today to you and you will have to be rescheduled." My mother explained that was unacceptable as she had blocked out time for the delivery and Bob’s and Edgar assured the furniture be delivered in that time frame.

This agent told her she have to call her back to let her know an exact date and time of when the furniture could be delivered. We wait and wait no call my mother then calls back again to the main office and speaks to yet another agent who tells her something different. This agent tells her there are no more delivery times available and it would be the following week before we could get the furniture. My mother said that was unacceptable and it was unfair she is punished for the truck breaking down. The agent’s response was, "Mam things happen. I don’t know what to tell you."

Around 1p.m. that afternoon we get a knock on the door. We open the door and it is a delivery person from Bob’s discount furniture. We hadn’t been told things had changed and now the furniture could be delivered. It was 1 delivery person and he stated he only delivered the furniture and we had to wait for another team to come to assemble everything. The delivery guy struggled to get the furniture into our home banging up against our walls and almost knocking over our light fixture outside of our front door.

The delivery person said the crew that had to put the furniture together was 20 minutes away finishing up a job and would be right over. After an hour passed my mother called back to the main office and asked where was the crew to assemble the furniture as the delivery driver said they be here in 20 minutes. The agent says to my mother, "I am unsure why he told you anyone else was coming as he is the one who is suppose to put everything together." The delivery driver had told us he did not put anything together. He just delivered the items as he did not know how to assemble things.

The agent told my mom she have to call her back and see if she could find someone to come put the stuff together for her. We waited and no call back. My mother had to call back yet again and this time she got a different agent who said the crew be there shortly. By now we are realizing this is a nightmare and should have never ever purchased anything from Bob’s. Time passes and still no crew and no call back either.

My mother calls back again and speaks with a different agent who tells her I am unsure why they told you anyone was coming today to assemble the bed because they are not no one is coming. The agent states the delivery driver was suppose to assemble the bed and he knows that. She said the earliest someone could come to assemble the bed would be the following week on Wednesday. My mother informed her that was totally unacceptable. The agent replied, "Sorry mam but I don’t know what to tell you."

My mother calls the Bob’s store in Springfield Pa and asks to speak with the rep who sold us the product. The rep states he sells it but he doesn’t handle problems. In the store he told us if we had any problems to give him a call. He said he have to tell his manager and have his manager give her a call back. The manager calls my mother back saying he is sorry about what happened and he try and see what he can do but it looks like no one is available to come until the following week. My mother gets a call a little later on her cellphone she answers and it is the crew saying, "We are outside." My mother lets them in and says, "The main office told me no one was coming and couldn’t come until next week." The 3 guys say, "No that’s not true. They knew we were coming today. We just had to finish up other deliveries. We never told them we were not coming."

My mother told them the office said the delivery guy was suppose to assemble the bed. The one member of the crew said that is untrue the delivery guy is his cousin and all he does is deliver the furniture and he doesn’t know how to assemble anything. The 3 members of the crew who came to assemble the bed were very apologetic to my mom for the inconvenience. They assembled the bed rather fast less than half an hour we felt they did a rush job.

Upon coming up to my mother’s bedroom and checking her bed I see a ton of scratch marks and dents in her furniture. I tell her this is unacceptable for the amount of money that she paid. I take pictures of everything on my cellphone and tell her to call into Bob’s and let them know. She calls Bob’s and tells them and says she will send them the pictures. The agent informs her no they will need to send a technician out to look at everything. The technician is scheduled for September 25, 2019 between 8:30-10:30 a.m.

Starting Monday of this week Bob’s was relentless with calls and nonstop texts to my mother’s cellphone saying the same thing over and over that a technician would be there September 25, 2019 between 8:30-10:30 a.m. It got so bad with the automated calls and texts that she had to turn off her cellphone to rest. September 25th arrives and we wait and wait no technician. The technician shows up at 11:00 a.m. The technician comes into the bedroom looks at the scratches and dents and says oh the furniture comes like this and this is how it is suppose to be.

Excuse me but do you think someone is stupid there is no way we would have purchased furniture with scratches and dent marks in it. The technician states it is like this in the store and this is the new thing now people like to have a rustic look to their furniture. That doesn’t even sound right or make any sense whatsoever. He said he could show us on the website the furniture looking like that. He goes on his cellphone to the website and he said he couldn’t pull the picture up to show the scratches and dents.

My mother tells him she would like a refund of some of her money because the bed did not look like that in the store and Edgar did not say the bed would come like that. The technician said I don’t know if they will give you your money back but I will call them for you. He calls an agent at the main office on the phone and gives it to my mom. As my mom is talking to the person he says ok goes down the steps, opens our front door and leaves. The agent on the phone spoke to a manager who said they could not give her a refund but a $50 Bob’s discount furniture gift card. A gift card is unacceptable as we will never purchase anything from this company again. This is very poor business practices and unethical. They do not stand behind what they sell and give customers the run around. There are numerous complaints online about this chain they need to be shut down.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I purchased a Copenhagen king size bed frame with the full goof proof plan, delivery and assembly. The bed was delivered and assembled on Sept 17. The brand new bed became wobbly after one night. We removed the box springs and mattresses to discover that all the flimsy wooden legs supporting the bed beams were poorly assembled and constructed so that their screws were installed at different lengths, they spun around and would bend or fall out at the slightest touch. We tightened them as much as we could but some could not even be tightened, they just spun around without a grip. Some would not even touch the ground.

The bed became less sturdy by the night and on Sept 21 we called Bob's customer service line to report this. After 20 minutes on hold, someone finally answered and said a technician would come on Sept 25 at the earliest. That night, at 3 am, the bed collapsed with us on it, hurting us and damaging our box springs. All six flimsy support legs gave out and two of the three support breams broke and splintered. Only at 10:30 in the morning could we call Bob's again, as their support line only opened late in the day. After detailing the situation to a representative, she said she could not do anything other than schedule another bed for delivery on Sept 25 and recommended speaking to a supervisor.

The supervisor offered no other solution, and refused to discuss compensation (only in the form of a gift card) until after Sept 25 even though I told her we have nowhere to sleep for these 4 nights. They would not even provide any temporary solution (an alternate bed frame, someone to remove the broken frame so we could put the mattress on the floor, hotel vouchers) - nothing. They could care less. I would recommend that everyone steer clear from Bob's.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I ordered a Westbury espresso chair in October 2016. I also ordered the Goof Proof plus package for an extra 349.99 which covers 5yrs. This August (2019) I called them because my chair was damaged when I had a party and a guest sat on the arm of my chair and it sunk in. The technician showed up and stated the entire frame was broken and the chair could not be fixed. He never asked me how the damage happened. He stated Bob's would call me by that Friday and they never did. I called them and the man on the phone stated the technician was supposed to call them and never did. He also never asked how the damage happened. He said he put the claim through and someone would email us if they would replace our chair. The woman who emailed stated that it did not qualify as a manufacturers defect and we would not be covered under that.

When I emailed back and stated I didn’t understand why we had goof proof then she responded with no customer service skills. She never told us that we could file a claim with Guardian for the goof proof. I had to call Bob's to get that information. Then they denied that claim stating goof proof only covers accidents and that is not the intended use of the chair therefore it wasn’t an accident. For both manufacturers and guardian they also stated that I stated I didn’t know how it happened when I spoke to the man on the phone. That never happened. I was never asked how it happened. I want my chair replaced for my money back for the goof proof I was clearly misinformed about.

Sincerely,

Christie

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I bought an armoire. Some third party in an unmarked truck delivered it. One guy dropped it twice. Looks nice but it is not. It is cheap! Not worth the $600 I paid for it. The doors do not line up. One door keeps popping opened. The top of the armoire is not attached to the base. The legs are PLASTIC!!! Just a piece of junk. And I am on the phone now and told I cannot return it!! What the heck BOB? Do NOT buy from this store! Rip off!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Ordered $6000 worth of bedroom pieces from the Mays Landing, NJ store for 2 bedrooms in our new house. 3 days later, a third-party delivery company shows up in an unmarked truck. One man cannot speak English, the other barely. They proceed to unbox the pieces. Of the 1st 5 pieces, 4 are heavily damaged. Before they go any further I refuse the delivery, call customer care and request a full refund. Of course, you have to go to the store for the refund. The manager comes out, apologizes and offers to make it right. We’ve now been without beds for 4 nights. He promises to “move heaven and earth” to get us replacements quickly (lie #1).

We agree (and never should have). He swears to have each piece inspected before it goes on the truck (lie #2). 3 days later (7 nights without beds) the same truck and men show up. The 1st piece has a a small touch up on a corner; not a good start. The second piece, a men’s wardrobe, is literally split up the middle. I can’t even fathom how that’s possible. I give up completely, refuse the order again and contact customer care. Back to the store for a refund. Luckily the same manager is there and I get to tell him what a liar he is, what junk their stuff is, and how their quality control is zero. The best he can muster is “I apologize.” I wouldn’t recommend Bob’s to my worst enemy.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Made a purchase online for BOB'S Discount Furniture but apparently they only sell clearance furniture and their merchandise can be from any company because I tried to return a coffee table but was told because the item was in my house longer than 3 days I was not granted a refund or store credit. I never even opened the box. When I talked with someone at my local Bob's discount store they said the online Bob's Discount Furniture is not really affiliated with the store. Like WHAT!!!! Their policy is so unbelievable and I will never ever purchase anything from them again either at the store or online. Worst retail experience of my life. Such a ratchet low life operation.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I would first like to say that I am very disappointed in the customer service we have received. We first placed our order on August 5th, 2019, someone from the Bob's store in Secaucus, NJ called us and said that we would be contacted later in the week on Thursday the 8th of August to be exact to come pick up our order. That call never came, so we reached out to through the online chat system and they apologized and said that our order was not at the store that it would be available and we would receive a call the following Wednesday to pick it up. We did not receive a call during the normal business hours so we went to chat again through the Bob's site and they told us only a partial order was available for pick up that the dresser and the night stand were on back order and would not be in until the following week. Well since we needed a bed to sleep in we went and picked up our items.

After not receiving a call back from the store at all, we then went to call them and they told us the items would not be in stock until mid September. That was unacceptable. We contacted them a second time and suggested if we could pick some other items to match and complete the set ‘cause at this point we do not have anywhere to put the rest of our clothes. It's literally sitting on the floor. They said, “Sure you can go online and pick something out from the outlet store.” As we are looking it says the items we have been waiting for are in stock online. We call again. They notice the mistake and say they will ship to us as a courtesy to us and and to kind of make up for the mistake on their part of us not receiving our items on time.

They called us last night saying they could not ship the items that it was too expensive for a big corporation like Bob's Furniture to ship the items that it would have to come out of our pocket. At this point we have had it with the back and forth and just tired of dealing with the Secaucus store. We just kept getting forwarded to different department. It's like no one knows what it going on. So finally just fed up and asked for a refund and they hung up, they didn't say anything, they just hung up. It's just plain rude. Worst place to buy furniture from.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Original purchase went well. Even got talked into spending another $100 on the Goof Proof warranty, which is not as explained. Furniture didn't even hold up a year. Batting and cheap cardboard hidden internally was junk. Bob's or the Goof Proof warranty did not stand behind this poor craftsmanship. I would suggest this type of furniture for staging only. If used at all will fall apart or cause young children harm with no foam covering the arm rests after wear. Would not purchase anything there again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

We visited the Bob's store in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. The salesman Steve was great to work with and most of the several thousand dollars of furniture that we purchased were ok. We had had the worst experience trying to get out entertainment center to complete our family room. They have attempted to deliver 5 different units. Two of them they never even brought out as they were damaged. Two other times they brought them to the house and the delivery crews wouldn’t leave them as they were too damaged. Each attempt led to a call to the store who just directed us to their so called customer service. They just followed their script after 30-40 minutes on hold each time. NO RELIEF from them at all. Worst experience at a retailer ever. Wish we had never gone in to their store.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I brought a living room reclining set with warranty from Bob's Furniture about 3 years ago. This year the sofa start making a lot of noise and stop functioning from time to time. I had to fight tooth and nail with them until they agree to replace it. They told me that they will not replace the set even though they do not carry that set anymore. We end up having to buy a sofa that did not match the loveseat. A couple of month ago the loveseat broke down like the sofa. We call them to come and check it out, they sent 2 different people to fix that loveseat. They both told us that they were going to comeback with parts to fix it but never return. After numerous phone call they told us that they weren't going to repair or replace it because it was normal wear and tear even though they replace the sofa because of the same defect. I would suggest to anybody who want to buy their furniture to be very careful because they do not honor their warranty.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

My first, last time I will enter Bob's Discount Furniture for anything. First picked really nice set. When got sofa there were holes both set. Called to replace first one. Again holes. Not happy. Last final delivery 3 times same thing. Company has you buy proof coverage. If not stuck with damage product. I was brick red try con me with same sofa. I learned my lessons. Should have listen to the comments. I end up damage sofa. Try get me pick other set at high cost. Bob's should be investigate for selling damage goods

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Avoid Bob's Furniture. Buy from anywhere else. I purchased a five year Bob's Goof Proof + warranty on a couch for my home. Within a couple years, the couch cover started peeling from sun damage. After a while, the peeling became very severe and I knew it was time to call. The first time I called they said they'd send me an email and I'd need to send in photos for review. Fine. I waited over a week and heard nothing. After about two weeks I called back. They had the wrong email. They sent the email and this time it went through. I waited and waited, but once again, received no message from them.

As I was very busy with work at the time, I decided I'd revisit this issue over the summer when I had some more time since it was very clear they were playing games. I called again over the summer and a very nice lady told me that my claim HAD been approved, but it had expired. I said I never received any email about this. She said it was no problem. After a 20 minute wait, she then spoke to her supervisor, came back and said they were scheduling a delivery on my behalf to honor the warranty.

The VERY NEXT DAY I receive an email from Bob's saying that NO, my claim would not be honored because it expired months ago. Then they send me an email that they claim they sent months ago regarding this issue! I NEVER RECEIVED THIS EMAIL! They say since the claim expired, my 5 year warranty was no longer valid. WHAT!??? I never agreed to that! Meanwhile, I still have a year left on my "warranty" but because of this miscommunication, it's apparently null and void according to them. Multiple times Bob's salespeople and customer service reps lied to me. They are a dishonest company running scams. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I first purchased a whole bedroom and living room set and was happy with it. In less than a year my top two dresser drawers had broken. I called to report it because I paid $500+ in “goof proof” 5 yr warranty. They had me describe the damage in detail!! And after that 20 min conversation, they said what I described was not a defect they could cover. It was a frustrating experience to deal with customer service. And on top of that, they refuse to help with ANYTHING. For every complaint I had they had an excuse and it was basically “not their problem”.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I already have a dining room set and sofa from Bob's and was a fan, but not anymore. I ordered a bedroom set, bed came with a broken drawer for the storage platform, cracked nightstand. The delivery drivers put the bed together wrong and the good night stand with the drawers constantly sliding open. He told us that it would fix when we put clothes in it. That was a lie, it was broken. When we asked him to fix the bed and he said the new delivery drivers would fix it since they had to come back with the new nightstand, mirror and broken drawer for the storage bed. Then he said he called to ensure a ticket would be put and we would get a call. Hours later, no call, I called and Bob's has no idea about any of this…

When we did get the delivery - THAT crew: NOEL was A+, fixed everything in 30 minutes, restored some faith in Bob's. So we ordered an additional chest to arrive 8/27 not eligible for delivery, we figured we could get a truck to pick it up. I got a call late Friday 8/23 that it had been there since 8/20 and if I don’t pick it up by Sunday, it will be sent back. WHAT? Why wasn’t I called Tues, Wed, Thurs?!?! Who does business like this? I show up Sunday, AFTER I THREW OUT MY CURRENT DRESSER... Guess what? They ordered the wrong dresser. So now I must wait until 9/20 to get it. I’m thinking Ashley’s might be where I should go next.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought 26k in furniture last August. The couches springs are bad and I called in June for them to fix. They said they couldn’t fix and it’s normal wear. The couch was less than a year old when it started sinking. They now are saying the year warranty is over and there is nothing they can do. Don’t ever buy from them. They are frauds selling crap furniture! Anyone up for a class action suit against them contact me **.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I've always bought from "The Pit" and fortunately haven't had a problem, until this time! 2 weeks ago I went in and purchased 2 matching sofas, a rug, a loft bunk bed, a queen size headboard and nightstand, a twin mattress and a queen mattress. I rented a U-haul the next day and traveled the 45 minutes, loaded the furniture with the worker and asked him at least 5x if he was certain there wasn't anything else, he assured me that "I was all set."

It's hard to really tell what you have, as everything comes out of their back door in pieces. They hand you the hardware (not even in a bag). Anyway, we put everything together. Soon realize the queen headboard isn't what I ordered, but it was nice so it didn't bother me. Until I realized they forgot to send me with the slats to hold the mattress. Mind you, it had been 2 weeks since sleeping on a bed, I was sleeping on my couch in my new place until I had time to go purchase a bed. So that was annoying.

Next is my daughters loft bunk bed. After being put together she was finally able to walk up the storage stairs to the top bunk, she sat on the bed and there was a loud snap sound. She weighs 60 pounds and literally only sat, the wood snapped right in front of the bed and now has sharp edges, probably not safe anymore either. They also forgot to send me with the rug I had purchased, the night stand to go with my bed and the desk that went with my daughter's bed AND the slats for my bed! That's a lot to overlook.

I went down there the next night (drove 45 minutes, again) and the Pit manager had already left. Spoke to a different manager whom had the guys give me slats for my size bed. She said "she was concerned with the bunk bed cracking" and suggested I bring it back. Bringing it back would entail me taking it apart again, renting a U-haul, again, for their mistake. Anyway, she said she would email the Pit manager about everything that happened with my order and assured me I would hear from him that Friday.

Once Monday afternoon rolled around and I had yet heard from the Pit manager, I called him. He said he would look into my order and return my call that afternoon. That was FIVE days ago!! I have called this place 10x in the past 2 weeks and have gotten NOWHERE. All I asked was for the things that they forgot to send home with me that day, to be taken off my bill. Of course though, they didn't forget to deduct $230 out of my account today, even though my balance will now be around $500 less.

I am SO UNHAPPY with how they handled ALL of these issues within just ONE order, that's concerning. A managerial position is put into place to stand behind their product and be more attentive to customer complaints and diffuse the situation in a professional, respectful and fair manner. They should also reprimand the person that was in charge of taking my things out to me, as they missed 4 pieces out of 8, THEY FORGOT HALF OF MY STUFF AND EXPECT ME TO RENT ANOTHER U-HAUL ($100 rental & mileage. HORRIBLE!!!! Cheap stuff and the workers apparently lack attentiveness, while managers lack that and so much more.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

If I could rate zero stars I would. Parents sat in and chose sofa based on floor sample, simply because no other local store had the correct fabric color without an expensive special order. When furniture was delivered the side fabric was wrinkled and ripples and the cushions were hard as cement. There is NO RETURN policy - can exchange for STORE CREDIT ONLY, and only WITHIN 30 DAYS. It is difficult to replace junk with more junk. Trying to get answers by telephone is a push-button menu maze and, if you finally get a representative, you will be told, “That issue cannot be resolved over the phone,” or “You have to call [**]....” BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE!! This store should not even be allowed to sell to the public; it certainly couldn’t care less about customer satisfaction. STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

My daughter's bed side panel completely dislocated after she sat on it with a friend. The bed is sinking now. Bob is saying this is normal wear and tear! I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Bob's.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Sorry, I wish I could recommend Bob's but I can't. This review is after purchasing two full living room sets. First, the furniture is pretty, I will give them that. And my sales guy was nice. Low pressure which is great. But the problem lies in quality and customer care. First the quality: My first set of couches are lovely to sit on, firm but comfy. After 1 month the cushions (seat and back) are still comfy but deflated. The armrest are a flimsy build. When you push down on the armrest of the couch you can actually feel it collapse and push under the wood frame. And unfortunately it doesn't pop back up. Now it is a hard wood covered in fabric instead of the original squishy batting. But my second set of couches was worse. The wood trim on the bottom not attached well and the first time I grab the bottom of my couch to lift and move it, the trim popped off.

The ottoman when delivered and was permanently indented by the strap wrapped around it from the manufacturer, additionally it was damaged inside. The large double chair that went with the set has now been delivered damaged twice. The first time it never made it off the delivery truck because when the guys opened its packaging it was obviously damaged. The second time the manufacturer had stapled through the wood trim on the bottom.

But the bigger issue is customer care: First delivery was fine, and their customer app to follow the delivery was great (although the phones notifications were over the top). The double chair was on backorder. Fine. The Ottoman was received damaged and the rug ended up on back order but they didn't bother to tell me that until it wasn't there at delivery. Called customer care and reported the damage, so they scheduled an even exchange for the next week when they delivered the rug and then double chair. Next week rug and ottoman arrive but delivery guys inform me the chair is so badly damaged on the truck they won't even bring it in. I call customer care... again because they don't call you when it happens on their end.. and they again schedule the chair for another two weeks out. Days before delivery they call me and tell me the item is on back order they have to push out the delivery.

At this time I ask that they INSPECT the chair before the delivery to insure it is not damaged given the additional delay. Sure, OK no problem. 10 days later they deliver the chair again, but surprise surprise it is fully wrapped up by the manufacturer, so obviously no inspection and it is damaged. AGAIN. So I call customer service and they apologize and promise to inspect the chair this time. And again schedule the delivery about 10 days out. Day before delivery and no phone calls, not notices, no nothing. So I call customer service. They say they can see it is scheduled for delivery the next day but there is not information about truck# or delivery window. So they send me to the next level of customer service. Same song and dance but they assure me it is coming the next day. So I ask to talk to a supervisor. I was on hold 30+ minutes and didn't not speak to the supervisor.

Ultimately the customer care rep said the supervisor would call me back that night yet. No phone call. So now the day of delivery. No phone call, no information. So I call customer service again.... and now I wait because no one knows what is going on. I bought the furniture 45 days ago. Have spent five different days waiting on my deliveries, and now waiting again. Yes the furniture looks pretty. Yes the prices are good. No do not buy from Bob's. The quality and customer care aren't there. Go to a different discount store. You won't regret it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We recently purchased our dining room set, sectional and 3 chairs with ottomans from Bob's. We spent over $6,000. To begin with the delivery team took 3 times with reference to my china cabinet to deliver a piece that was NOT damaged. Then 3 times to deliver one of my dining chairs undamaged. And the delivery men left me with the phone when they called in the delivery which they are not suppose to do.

The accent chair I purchased for my living room needed to be fixed within 3 months... the springs popped. Now... not even a year owning the furniture the same chair’s material ripped. I contacted customer service being the chair still falls under manufacturer warranty was told they would replace but the chair was back ordered until January 2020. Mind you my claim went in on July, 2019. I decided to call and see if any change on the back ordered chair and found out the chair is discontinued and I would not be receiving anything. Would be nice if I was called. Anyway they told me I have a credit to use at the store to find a replacement chair. They will not refund my money yet they want back the damaged chair.

After I was to wait at least 7 months for the replacement chair to come in and I was understanding (but annoyed) and found out I wasn’t receiving then I was told I have 30 days to pick out a new chair or I lose my refund. RIDICULOUS. After being disconnected when I asked for a manager and having to wait on hold forever every time I called. I spoke with a manager Jheri, who said they would extend my time but wouldn’t tell me how long. I asked for emails of same they never sent. Told me everything was in the ‘internal notes’ of my claim number. My husband and I after spending 2 hours on the phone went to Bob's in a Farmingdale. To find out we don’t like any of the chairs as of now for a replacement and then when we spoke to the manager there he advised there was no notes indicating we had extended time.

Then when I asked if we could purchase a chair through the bob's outlet I was advised no, my credit wouldn’t apply to the outlet. Each person you speak to tells you a different response. There is no consistency. No courtesy. Nothing. Yes, the furniture appears beautiful and affordable BUT complete junk. And their good proof is a hoax. Don’t even purchase. Told was for stains I had a water stain and was told they don’t come for that..?? Seriously what do they come for.... If you are looking for durability this is NOT the store for you. And if you are looking for a company to back their product again not the store.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Horrible horrible horrible!!!! Anyone who has bought furniture should know what crap furniture they have. My whole house is furnished with Bob's Furniture over 7500. What money wasted. So I was talked into getting the goof proof plan which sounded great after hearing my furniture would be covered for 5 years. After 3 years every piece of my furniture is falling apart! Most importantly my living room sofa and love seat springs are sinking and I only weigh 115. Its frames on both couches are busted and they tell me my furniture is not covered, material is worn, cushions are tearing and was told they can't do anything to help me but yet took my 500 dollars for this scamming warranty. So I decided my back 2 side windows on my car will say "Honk if you have been scammed by Bob's Furniture".

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

“Bob's Furniture” is a complete fraud...2 Months later: Bob's furniture is beautiful, really is, but it’s just that, nothing more. The quality of the furniture is very cheap. I would not purchase from Bob’s EVER! again. I would never recommend Bob's to anyone either. I would prefer not having furniture in my home than to pay so much money as I am now to have things delivered damaged, then be exchanged and re-delivered damaged over and over. My coffee table has been replaced 3 times within a month and a half time frame because it’s has been delivered damaged all 3 times. By the last delivery on 07/26/ 3019 I gave up completely, not even kidding, HONESTLY!

Now, two and half months in, our Capri Denim R.Arm Chaise couch breaks. One of the legs bent backwards causing a wooden piece inside the couch to break in half and the wooden piece broke fabric sheet on the bottom of the couch. I had a friend over, we sat down and down went couch, jajaja it’s funny Yes, but how embarrassing was that! Whether it’s 100lbs or a combined 300lbs the couch should be able to support the weight.

The store DOES NOTHING TO HELP at all, they refer you to the the customer service line, the Call center in mine and my husband’s personal opinion and personal experience they are not very accommodating AT ALL, they are not helpful at all, and they are rude. The schedule time frames are not guaranteed, they text you the time frame 2 days prior to the schedule delivery date BUT that is not enough time to ask to take 1/2 a day off work or the entire day off. Also, the time frame they initially text you they change that time frame on the day of the delivery. Not convenient at all.

I must say, since the 1st customer service call I made to both the store and the call center I have been regretting my purchase. Luckily I got the 5 year insurance which covers a certain $ amount, l and is not enough money being the furniture is very cheap. Also it’s not a guaranteed “guarantee”. WHAT! Let’s see how this issue plays out with the couch having to “be fixed” or be “replaced”.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Absolutely horrible experience with Bob's. We ordered a sleeper sofa weeks ago. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. 20 minutes before the 3 hour delivery window closed, I got a phone call that the delivery truck had broken down and the soonest we could get the couch was Friday. We had an overnight guest that we had planned to have sleep on the sofa, so we had to go out and buy an air mattress.

I've spoken numerous times with customer service. Each call takes about 20 minutes to get through to speak with an actual person. They cannot expedite the delivery process; additionally, I won't know my delivery window until the day before. The only form of "compensation" I've been offered has been credit at a Bob's store. Bob's is host to absolutely hideous business practices with incompetent employees who have no regard for the consumer's well being. I cannot say enough bad things about this company and will certainly never do business with them again.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information