BlowOutBedding.com

91%

Compare Mattresses

Research top Mattresses recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

181people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with BlowOutBedding.com:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

These are by far the worst sheets we have ever purchased - even the ones from Wal-mart faired better than these. We have used them about 6 weeks and they are so full of pills that we are sleeping on the wrong side of them. God knows how long before the pills appear on the wrong side. I so wished my husband would have checked with me before he bought from this company. There is no way these sheets are 530 count. I will never recommend them and I will use every opportunity not to refer my friends to them.

They sent me sheets and they are suppose 10 NE 100% Egyptian cotton, 1000 thread count and they are not. They are thin and cheap.

I ordered a set of sheets and laundered them immediately since I would never sleep on something that wasn't washed first. The first time we put them on the bed they ripped. The return policy is they won't take back any sheets that have been taken out of the package or laundered. How are you supposed to know if they are in good condition without taking them from the package? Their product is poor if it can't withstand one time being put on the bed without tearing. I am very dissatisfied because they don't stand behind their product and I am stuck with a ripped set of new sheets.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!! I have just wasted the last 2 weeks dealing with this company and now need to start all over in my search for bedding. It started with an order on Amazon and a subsequent email from BlowOutBedding basically saying, "Oops. Our boxes were labeled incorrectly, and we don't really have this item in stock." Frustrating, but they are willing to let me pick a replacement set so I peruse the site and pick a set that is nowhere near as nice as what I originally wanted, but I did not want to start over from scratch. I gave the specifications of what I wanted and then waited the 5 business days, and when my box finally arrives, it is the wrong color!

I call and get a voice mail so I left a message asking for a same day call back, but of course that didn't happen. This was Friday so I waited the weekend, called again Monday morning and had to leave another message. I waited a few hours, then emailed the person that sent me the original "Oops" email. She gets back to me with the same BS apologies that I heard before and asks if I want a refund or should they try again. I ask for it to be shipped faster but they refuse. At this point I am beyond frustrated, and I just want my bedding, so I ask for a return label and to have the set shipped same day to avoid any further delay. I didn't get a response so I emailed asking for a tracking number. Tuesday morning I get an email saying, "No, I have not send anything out yet. I was not sure if you wanted a new set sent while the other is being returned to us or if you wanted to return for a full refund."

I think my email stating to "Ensure it is shipped out today" was pretty clear, but apparently it wasn't decisive enough for them. I respond to please just get it shipped out so the nightmare can be over, but I am then informed that she went to check the order before it was shipped and it was the wrong color again and that they then informed her that the correct color is out of stock. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? What should have been the final email was me asking for confirmation that the refund has been processed, but the response instead, is that they will not process the refund until I confirm that the incorrect merchandise is on its way back to them. I get that they do not want me to end up keeping the bedding and my money, but they have my card information and at what point do we just try to SATISFY THE CUSTOMER???

I ordered a set of King Split Sheets for my Tempurpedic Split King Adjustable bed. My husband has stage 4 lung cancer and the bed was a gift to us from a family member. When the sheets arrived, without even taking them out of the packaging, I could tell that the quality was poor. I returned them immediately by UPS as I was instructed to do. My account was never credited. I have sent four emails and each was responded to "We will credit your account in the next 48 hours."

In the last email I threatened to contact the Better Business Bureau and their response was, "We already sent a refund in January." Then why send me two emails in February saying it was on its way? I contacted my bank who has no record of the refund so I am proceeding with allowing my bank to register a complaint which they said could take 3-4 months. I am so angry with this lying, unethical company. As if I don't have enough to deal with. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlowOutBedding.com?

Bought a 12-piece Soho comforter set for $136.00. When received it had a 12 in tear and a 5 in tear in it. They told me I had to PURCHASE another one with a 20 Percent discount. Amazon had to MAKE them replace it. They sent me a $49.99 comforter. It looked so horrible I wanted my money back and They REFUSED to take that one back and refused to give my money back. These people need to go out of business! I have photos of both comforters to prove what I am saying and emails to back it up. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had. This business SUCKS! This order number is the original comforter I ordered that was torn. They used that same order number to send me the other one. There are a total of 4 photos.

Purchased 2 Euro Shams square Stuffers Pillows 26x26" on March 9, 2014. When I received them, they were poor quality and did not fit the pillows (too small). Returned the pillows on March 25, 2014. Checked my credit card account and the credit was not on my account. Called on May 3, 2014 and the customer service said that they would take care of the credit. Called on July 3, 2014 and was told that the credit was sent. My bank has no record of the credit on my account. I have called the company many times. You have to give your name and phone # and they are to call you back. Now they don't call back at all. I would not recommend buying anything from this company.

Bought this bedding for my nine-year-old granddaughter September 2013. Washed it gently twice. It has fallen apart. The skirting is torn, the pillowcase is full of nubs and the comforter, because it is not stitched in sections, is a lumpy mess. It is my belief that these products are made overseas in a cheap factory with underpaid workers and sold at enormous profit. I will never do business with this company again. Absolutely phony customer service and AMAZON should disavow all connections with this company. I plan to contact the BBB in my State.

I ordered a mattress pad from Blowout Bedding that had all these flowery descriptions of it. When the pad arrived, it was unbelievably cheaply made, had manufacturers defect at the seams where it had not been sewn right, it had a hole in the sleazy fabric intended to hold the pad on the bed and worst of all it appeared to have been washed by someone and stuffed back in the bag and then shipped to me. I honestly would not have put that thing on the bed for my pets.

I called and called and finally got a real person on the phone. They repeated their policy of no refunds to me but after much arguing I was told that I would have a return label sent to me. It was and I returned that piece of garbage with the request that both the cost of the pad and the shipping be credited to me since the merchandise was defective as well as used. I finally got a refund on my credit card of the cost of the pad but no return of the shipping cost that would have been only fair with a reputable seller. I guess I am luckier than some to have even gotten the cost of the pad back. I will NEVER do business with these folks again.

I placed an order and it was delivered. EVERYTHING in it was wrong! I thought I was buying from Amazon. I have tried for over 3 weeks to contact them and they will not respond. They sell total junk. My mistake, I bought a lot, and now it appears I am stuck with it... or so I thought. I have filed formal complaints with the BBB, Amazon (who has been awesome) Angie's List and the postal service. Thanks to the fact I have a relative who is a Judge, This goes into mail fraud. My Bank is even contacting the company. Buyer BEWARE!

I found them online and they listed a good price for a 600 thread count set of sheets. I posted my credit card info and placed the order with a note that I needed rush delivery. After placing the order I was able to access a phone number for them. I called to notify them about the rush. The person said that they do not have any method of expediting a shipment and it would probably be at least a week before I received the sheets. This was 10 minutes after I placed the order, so I asked them to cancel the order. The person looked up the order and said, "No problem we won't even process the order, so the charge won't be taken off of your ATM card." The next day, there was a withdrawal from my account for the full amount. Based upon the reviews on this site, it looks like I will join the ranks of people who will be stuck for their billing fee if I ever do see the refund. Should have checked this site before ordering!!

I stupidly ordered a set of 4 sheet straps, pieces of elastic with old-fashioned garter straps attached. They cost very little, like $2-3, but shipping was outrageous for the light package, about $8. The straps were useless, not strong enough, not deep enough. Totally useless for the purpose for which they were advertised. I did not throw them in the trash as I might need 4 pieces of elastic some day. I certainly was not going to spend the money to return them in order to get the pittance of a refund. Just wanted to warn anyone planning to spend $10 on price plus shipping, only to find it's $10 totally wasted.

I ordered two sets of sheets with this company. I received confirmation of the order almost immediately via email and my PayPal account was immediately charged. Later that day, they sent an email saying there was a "problem" with my CC and they needed me to call and give them more information. Why would they need my CC info when I'd paid them through PayPal? That raised a red flag. About an hour later, they sent another email which was a shipping confirmation, so I figured whatever "problem" they had they'd resolved themselves.

I checked my order on their website and saw a UPS tracking number had been issued. Almost two weeks later, the package still had not arrived. I checked the tracking number through UPS and discovered that only the shipping label had been created. The package had never been given to/picked up by UPS. So I emailed the company to cancel my order. Another two weeks went by and I found that they never issued a credit for my cancelled order. Having no desire to deal with the company, I opened a dispute through PayPal.

The next day (miracle of miracles!), the company sends me an email with a credit memo. However, rather than issuing me a full refund, they've deducted (what they are calling) an "adjustment fee." Now I find out they've got a "sales agreement" policy which states that once the order has been processed, cancelled orders "where a credit card is charged and refunded" are subject to a 5% processing fee. I'm still trying to find out, through PayPal, just how this is supposed to apply when the payment was made through PayPal.

After researching this company (which I wish I'd done before placing my order), it's apparent they will immediately acknowledge an order so as to claim it has been "processed," then never bother to ship it to you. Then, when you get mad and cancel your order... no skin off their nose. They're still making money charging you a nefarious "processing fee." What a scam this company is running! Buyer beware... even if they do accept payment through PayPal.

This was my first and last experience with this company. I wanted to replace my worn out comforter set and not repaint my bedroom or change the curtains. I found the colors I wanted and ordered a set. I received the wrong color and was disappointed. I emailed and tried to call but was unable to speak to someone because I couldn't get through. I did receive an email response and a call a few days later. They did email me a return label because it was their error. I received the correct order. The colors did not meet my expectation. I had to pay for the return. I finally received my refund which was less than I paid. There is an adjustment fee which I was unaware of. Now, the cost of this simple transaction has cost me without ever getting a comforter set. I will never do business with them again!

I ordered two packs of the 600TC Cotton Solid Split King Sheet Set on 3/17 and a UPS shipping notification was sent right away. After not receiving them by 3/25, I began calling. On 3/25, they told me their NJ warehouse had to wait on a shipment from their west coast warehouse and that it had arrived on 3/22 and my shipment would be sent that day. On 3/26, the UPS tracking number still didn't work, so I called again. It still hasn't been sent. I was placed on hold and then told I would be called back; it never happened.

On 3/27, the UPS tracking number finally shows a shipped product that will arrive on 3/29. Their site clearly states all orders will ship within 2 days or you'll be notified. Don't believe it. I may be an exception to their normal shipping policies but their lack of communication and follow up is a reflection of a poorly run company. I'm hopeful that the quality of the sheets was worth the hassle but I'm not holding my breath after reading others experiences. Buyer beware.

I ordered five sets of sheets. One was stained inside packaging; one was sewn up the center of the fitted sheet and stained; and the other three, that were the same item number, were not matching in color. I returned the sheet set to the company, and after reading many reviews of discontent and no response to the returned item, decided to ask PayPal as a monitor in the return process. They requested that I contact them directly, and after I refused, they no longer responded to emails. Fortunately I used PayPal and they were able to refund the entire purchase.

I ordered the Soho California King Bedding Set. After waiting 10 days for it to arrive, I was so excited to get it. The box it was shipped in was taped together on the sides of the box and the bedding package was shoved so tightly in the box, it took 2 of us to get it out. Once I got it out, the quality was awful and the bag it was shoved into was a queen-size packaging bag. I checked the comforter and the tag on it was king size. I thought, “What the hell? I’ll try it anyway because it’s here.” But as expected, it was too short on each side of my king size bed with my memory foam topper, hence the reason I ordered California king. I immediately packaged it back up after taking pictures of the comforter tag, the packaging bag and the label of what I ordered but didn't get. I emailed the email address on the front of the box and as of yet, no response. I also took a picture of the 100% satisfaction guarantee on the front of the box. I will ship this garbage back immediately and also go to my bank with all my pictures and dispute the charge on my card and let this company deal with my bank. Dissatisfied is an understatement. I also cannot believe Amazon is affiliated with this company.

I ordered 3 sets of pillow inserts from this company. When I received the email confirmation on a Sunday night, 2 extra pillows were added to my order. That minute, I immediately replied to the email and told the company that my order was wrong and to not send it out. I called the next day and they said they had sent it out and I would have to pay for shipping fees to ship the mistake pillows back. To top it off, when I got my pillows, only 2 of them were the size I actually ordered and the other 6 (including the ones they sent just to take more money) were wrong. I have emailed and called this company multiple times and no one will answer or respond to my emails. Worst company I have ever had to deal with. Do not purchase anything from BlowOutBedding.com. They are a fraudulent company!

I had ordered and paid for a dual king sheet set. The box arrived and I opened the package to find that it is only a twin XL set. I wanted to return it, but the fine print on the shipping label says they don't take returns that have been opened! What a scam! I have paid $56 for a useless item. There is no telephone number on the website to call this company. Beware!

I ordered 2 sets of sheets in a bronze color and a pillowtop mattress pad. It took about a week longer to get than expected but then the worst part was, I got both sets of sheets in a bright gold color and the pillowtop mattress pad was no pillowtop (as shown in picture) at all. I already had a regular mattress cover and didn't need another. Because I had just purchased my new bed, I needed the sheets. I called and explained and they said they were giving me 10% off if I used the sheets and they were sending me a return label for free shipping to return the pad.

Well, after contacting them over and over and over ... if I could get through to them via phone and many non-returned emails, I never received the 10% off back on my card or received a return label that was free. When I called to have the shipping company to pick it up, they told me there would be a charge, that it was not free! So, I called and emailed BlowOut Bedding again and nothing! Usually I never give up if I'm wrong but I got fed up and just didn't have the time or nerves to continue this battle.

I will never ever order from them again and recommend to anyone that is thinking about it, not to do it! P.S. Another kicker ... I went to use those sheets and one set of the pillowcases were sewn together so close in the middle, you can't get the pillow inside! Needless to say, if there was a ranking of zero stars, that's what I would have given them!

I ordered a silver comforter set or so I thought. It is no more silver than the man in the moon. It is a pale purple and the quality is awful. The stitching, well, I took pics to show how poor it is. I read other reviews & I totally agree that this business is a joke! I will never order from again!

I've called numerous times and left numerous messages, but there were no return calls. I returned the item and have a confirmation on the return. But 10 days later, there's still no credit to my account.

I also purchased "soho" from BlowOutBedding.com, they have very poor quality. After one week, there are two places were the stitching is pulling apart and the 500-Thread-Count Egyptian sheets fell apart after the first washing.

I purchased bedding in a bag set with free shipping. I was appalled at the material and workmanship (scratchy,cheap, and frayed at the borders). I have tried calling but nobody answers. In reading return instructions, they want the item returned insured, delivery confirmed, and are charging a 7.5% restocking fee and also want me to pay their "free shipping" charges. This is very deceptive advertising and I want both fees credited to my Visa.

I purchased the 8 piece Soho Chocolate/Reddish orange comforter set along with four matching panels. I read the return policy prior to purchasing that stated I would be responsible for a 7.5% deduction from a refund for handling fees as well as shipping costs. As the shipping TO me was free, I understood this to mean I would be out whatever the cost would be to return the items. As I was certain from carefully scrutinizing the product information and picture that I would be happy with this purchase, I was not concerned with returning.

However, when I took out the comforter and laid it on the bed, my husband and I were shocked at the craftsmanship of this item. It is a patchwork comforter and it looked like nearly every seam was sewn obviously crooked. It did not even lie flat as the seams were so misshapen. So I requested a return and decided that it would be too risky to make an exchange due to the handling fees and return shipping cost. I did not want to end up with another defective piece of bedding.

It cost me $33.00 to return these items. When the credit was made to my account I noticed that it was $12.00 short. My understanding was that they would take out 7.5%, but they had taken more. I contacted the company and was told I had to also pay the original shipping charges (shipping the items to me) of $12.00. The company advertised free shipping and this amount was not part of the original purchase price. I feel that the company has misrepresented its return policy as well as taken advantage of me. The comforter I chose had several stellar recommendations about the wonderful quality etc. but upon further investigation I found that the same supposed customer reviews were used on other items.

I randomly clicked on other bedding ensembles on the website and found several word for word repeats of recommendations. In my opinion this company, who also appears to be doing business as Egyptian Peddler, is engaging in deceptive business practices. It appears that Egyptian Peddler is also somehow affiliated with The New linens -n- things as well as Sears. At the very least, I would like the $12.00 credited to my account.