1.17/5
  • 1 star
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: June 13, 2016

7 Berkline Furnishings Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 13, 2016

I finally saved up to buy a new recliner. Saturday I got it home and within hours the odor coming off it was horrible. I got nauseous, got a headache & slurred speech. Learned that odor is VOC's off-gassing. Learned that the chemicals, such as formaldehyde, benzene, & toluene that can off-gassing from furniture are linked to 180 medical issues including neurological damage. When I contacted the company, they told me they don't use chemicals in the production of the furniture & that I couldn't prove that the horrible odor came from my new chair. OMG! What jerks! Now I have to spend hours to take it back, or I can wait months for it to off gas on my porch! That's not right!!!

Original review: May 28, 2015

The furniture is junk. Just found out they sold out by Calling the toll free number on the website. On the recliner the metal broke. Where you place the back into the bottom section. The cushion are no good they are like putting Your arms on solid wood And very uncomfortable. I wish I had never purchased all the furniture and got it from another retailer.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

My husband and I purchased an entire living room suite from HH Gregg in Southaven, Mississippi. This furniture is so cheaply made that when we got it home, the reclining love seat had a broken board across the back. We loaded it back up, returned it to the store and ordered another one. We have had this furniture for less than a year. Heck, we haven't even paid for it yet. It is cheap, it's falling apart, the fabric is awful. The cushions are broken down already. Just overall, a bad experience with cheap cheap furniture. And I promise you I am not talking about the price being cheap. I hope HH Gregg stops carrying this line of furniture. I have made many purchases from HH Gregg (mainly tv's and computers) and have been extremely satisfied. However, if their other products are going to be as cheaply made - I won't be buying anything else there.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

Purchased the Reclining Sofa and Loveseat, and it was delivered after the holidays *2013. The first sofa that was delivered came without any padding in the arms. We contacted HHGREGG numerous times on the phone and we also went into the store 3 times (very slow response and lack of interest from HHGREGG) before anyone took any action. We did receive a new SOFA (after much time spend and a lot of aggravation), it too is a piece of junk. The recliner on the left side of the sofa is bent, the cushions on the sofa never appear level with the center cushion. We've had this sofa less than 3 months, we are in our 50's without children (no romping). The furniture is not used on a everyday basis (can't imagine the shape with "regular" use).

READ AND PAY ATTENTION TO THESE CUSTOMER REVIEWS. I have NEVER written or given a verbal reviews on any purchases I've made, but felt passionate enough and ripped off enough to warn everyone. STAY AWAY FROM BERKLINE RECLINING SOFAS. Spend your 2 grand somewhere else, save yourself the frustration, spend it with a company that produces quality products and responds and honor their work!

Original review: March 27, 2013

I bought a couch about 3 years ago. The parachute pull handle broke and the store I purchased the unit in refused to service it. Also, the steel has bent underneath one of the recliners, so it doesn't go up anymore. I googled Berkline only to find out that Ashley bought them out. So, I contacted Ashley and tried to get replacement parts. Once they found it was a Berkline product, they refused service and stated that they only bought the name. I will never buy Ashley, Berkline, or go back to the original store again. Horrible customer service. They lead you to buy their product, but when it fails, they don't back it up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Berkline Furnishings?

Original review: April 9, 2012

We purchased Berkline furniture and have had numerous repairs made even out of warranty. Now, the furniture is malfunctioning again and the company had gone under. Who should I contact now?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2010

We purchased this furniture in late October 2009 and did not have a way to pick it up, so we paid $150 to a moving company to get it. The product sold is defective, and now, I am told to return it to the store. But, I have no truck, so the cost is unknown currently. But we spent $1300.00 plus tax for the furniture. Also, Sam's Club does not have any other sets for an exchange, so I room would empty. We went through a lot to get this set, and I asked Berkline to exchange it, but they refused.

Berkline Furnishings Company Information