2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Bassett Furniture Direct Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bassett Furniture Direct?

Original review: May 14, 2015

Bassett in Rockville, MD is horrible! They sold us a defective piece of furniture not once, but twice. They then did not honor their commitment to replace it, even though they admitted fault. Originally they said they would replace it (with no time limit -- they closed their store to rebuild a new one). Then due to a delay on my part -- a major family matter -- I was delayed in coming into the new store, though I notified them of this. Initially the lady we dealt with said, "Come on in" (they had full records of our reporting the defective pieces and we had originally done so within the warranty period -- before they rebuilt their store) and then called back to say the manager would not let us pick out a new piece as I had waited too long to come back in to pick the new piece out. We are now having to take them to small claims court. I would definitively avoid buying any furniture there. I will never shop there again. Sorry to say -- Do so at your own risk!

Original review: April 28, 2015

We purchase $10000 worth of furniture (all custom). Used a designer who acted like I was inconveniencing her if I didn't have an appt. Returned a credenza (after three attempts to make finish what we ordered). Three attempts to get dining table correct. Not happy with sofa. Very uncomfortable. Can't wait until I can go back to La-Z-Boy and get a decent sofa again. BIGGEST mistake ever purchasing from Bassett. Had I read all of the reviews prior to ordering furniture, I would never have purchased a single item there. Never received an apology from anyone other than a manager at a location other than where we purchased the furniture. Told him I appreciate the apology but he's not the one who should be apologizing. Lesson learned. Go with your gut instinct if you feel something isn't as it should be or you get the runaround!

Original review: March 29, 2015

I was told to "listen" and that there is a process once furniture is delivered to the warehouse... when inquiring why nobody called me to tell me my chairs were in. The salesperson wouldn't listen to ME. I was not having chairs delivered. I was picking them up. They have been in warehouse over a Week. I still don't have them. Purchased them over 5 weeks ago. I should have realized this was not a good place to shop when we said goodbye 3 time to salespeople who were behind the desk... with no customers... who ignored us as we left after making a deposit. They may not have made the commission that day, but they still should have said, "thank you... have a great day... bye..." etc... I don't want these chairs now... but I will lose the 350.00 I put down. Never again. Bye bye Bassett!

Original review: March 12, 2015

I wanted to purchase a leather recliner that is advertised on the website. Unfortunately, when I went to the showroom, they didn't have it on the floor. I asked if they would be able to get one so I could sit in it (I have no interest in spending $2,000 on a chair that I've never sat in). They told me I would have to order the chair but if I didn't like it, I would have to pay a small 30% restocking fee. It's no wonder the reviews for Bassett are so low.

Original review: March 11, 2015

We spent $5k on a sofa and was directed into a fabric by the saleswoman. Within less 3 months the sofa cushions were pilling horribly!! Keep in mind it was in our formal living room and sat on less than 30 times! I took a cushion in to show the sales manager ** and he basically said "Sorry we cannot do anything for you!" You are a fool if you think they care about their customers! They don't! It is all about the sale and they are done with you! BBB really needs to dig in here and get them closed before they take advantage of anyone else!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Several years ago we bought two "leather" couches for our living room. We loved them. No issues until the past few months we noted peeling in many spots. We have been told this is due to body oils and will only get worse. We went into A local Bassett and they could not rid of us fast enough, they had no intention of helping us. We went to another local furniture store and got the real story. We feel duped. We will never purchase from Basset again, buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

Bought the sofa worth $3286.00 and its original price was $4,689.00. Within a year it started to crack and color fading. Bassett did not want to responsible for the quality issue!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

Tell me if you think this is not discrimination? I have worked in the Fashion Industry for long time as a corporate designer and then I was an educator and a department head of a fashion department at a university for a while. Just recently I needed to work full time again so found this ad where they are looking for a design consultant for Bassett Furniture store so thought this would be perfect since I love interior design and done design consulting before. And the ad said "Previous Design and Sales experience is not required". This is basically sales job with high commission. I was very excited and made an appointment and went for an interview with the manager on December 12.

The manager thought I was highly qualified but during the interview, there was another older lady at the table just stood up and said, "By the way I am the district manager, and my name" such and such. "You have an accent." I said "oh!" Then she changed quickly and said, "Is not that we don't like people with accent, at this time we have full staff and don't need anyone." So I asked, "Why then this ad just came two days ago?" She said, "We just do this to see who will come to apply for a job." She said, "We will just keep your resume." So I left.

And yesterday I got notification by a job site that the Bassett Furniture looking for the Design Consultant again. So I thought well let me call so I did and left a voicemail this morning for the store manager who originally thought I was qualified. I left her a voicemail saying that last time I was not offered the job since I had accent told by the district manager so I hope this time I will be treated fairly. Guess what, I just received a phone message left by the same district manager and she said, "I reviewed your resume but we are going for the candidate with the furniture and interior industry."

But to my surprise the ad said "Previous Design and Sales experience is not required". So yes again she made this up so I cannot go for an interview this time. I already wrote a letter to the corporate CEO Robert Spillmann with a certified letter but did not get any response but realized this time when they posted the job they added additional message that "We do not discriminate anyone". What a joke! I feel like telling this guy who are you kidding? So let me know if I am wrong. Hope you will read this long post.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2015

A couple of months back, we decided to purchase a new bedroom set for our home, a bedroom set that was selected very carefully after many years of searching. We selected one of Bassett's custom paint colors for our set in a regular finish rather than the Heirloom distressed finish which was an option. We were told that our bedroom set should arrive in about 4 weeks. The time came and went, no word on our furniture. We called to inquire and were told that delays were common during the holiday season, that the warehouse closes for a period of time and orders get backed up. We patiently waited 6 weeks. When we finally got the call that our furniture was in for delivery, we were also informed that our dresser mirror arrived cracked and would have to be reordered...at least 4 more weeks of waiting.

We were set up with a delivery date and time for the other furniture, between 12:00 & 4:00 PM. On the night before the delivery, we received a confirmation phone call. The morning of the delivery, the delivery guy called at 9:40 AM and left a message that he was 10 minutes away from our home. Quickly, we had to find a number for the warehouse and call to say that we were not ready for him and could not accept the order that early. The driver phoned us back to ask when he could deliver. We set a time between 1:00 & 2:00 PM that afternoon with him. At 12:15 PM he called again to say that he was 10 minutes away. What??? Can this people not tell time? This time, disgusted but prepared, we told him fine. The two delivery guys were very quickly in and out, they hurriedly delivered the furniture giving us no time at all to inspect the pieces.

We noted a couple of paint chips right away but were told that we should call Bassett and they would handle touch-ups. Later, after thoroughly inspecting the pieces, we discovered more needed touch-ups. We thought rather than have their guy come out, we would just get touch-up paint from Bassett and do the touch-ups ourselves. NO WAY this was going to happen, they insisted that their guy come out. So we had to wait again, another week. In the meantime, we discovered what looked like small paint chips all along the trim work on our furniture, which appeared to have been painted over. The finish looked "distressed". Since these were custom paint pieces, we were very confused as to how this might have happened since we had NOT ordered the distressed finish for our pieces.

Again, we put in a call to Bassett and were told to have the guy that was coming out to do paint touch-ups take a look at the furniture and report back to them. On "touch-up" day, today, the guy they sent out showed up for the appointment with nothing but his small computer in hand...no paint. He said that he was not told that he needed to do paint touch-ups (the original reason for the appointment). Luckily, he had a can of spray paint in his truck in our color. We showed him the needed touch-ups but they were never taken care of because he concluded that we were given the wrong finish on our furniture in it's entirety, so he saw no reason to touch-up small chips. We had ordered a regular paint finish but were given a "distressed" finish instead which accounted for the holes all over, covered in paint and the "freckled" tops.

He said he would report his findings to the nearest Bassett store location (Westport, CT) and they would have to order us all new pieces. GREAT, more waiting and more time loss from work when they call with their 4-hour delivery window...that will make day 3 of lost work. A few hours after the guy left today, I phoned the Westport, CT store to make sure they had spoken with the guy and knew of his findings. They had indeed spoken with him but said they were unsure how the situation would be handled. The lady at the store that handles these issues was her usual unfriendly self and offered no apology whatsoever for the mistake, the inconvenience to us, or for the time we have already invested in the handling of all the issues we have encountered with the furniture set.

The attitude was more like it was all a bother to her. She impatiently said that she talked with the guy that came out to our place and is waiting to hear back from corporate as to how the situation will be handled...she "guesses" they will order new furniture for us. She said that she will contact us after hearing back from corporate...this is yet to be seen. To say that we are unhappy customers at this time is putting it mildly. How can a furniture company such as Bassett have such terrible customer service? How can this many things go wrong? Why isn't someone from that organization apologizing to us and assuring us that this situation will be rectified immediately? They have almost $6000.00 of our money, we have furniture that is not the furniture finish we ordered, plus to add insult to injury, the set they delivered has nicks and chips in the paint other than the intended "distressing.".

We still have not received our mirror at all and we have another nightstand on order. Both of these pieces will most likely not match the furniture we now have if they arrive with the "correct" finish. How can one company screw so much up and not even offer an apology? All we have gotten so far is attitude. They can't even manage to get us a can of touch-up paint...too much trouble. I am really upset about this because I really like Bassett's furniture better than anyone else's in our entire area. We need other furniture which we had planned to order from Bassett also but now we will think twice. What happened to this company? Some years back we ordered our living room furniture from them with no issues at all. Obviously, things have changed for the worse.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

My house is full of Bassett furniture, which is why I chose to return to the store for two new chairs. That was a year ago. So far, chairs and ottoman were replaced due to flawed fabric. New chairs with different fabric were delivered. Cushions did not sit correctly in the chairs, was told the foam core was faulty, and that was replaced. New cores lifted each time someone sat in the chairs, so another set of chairs were sent out.

This is now the third set of chairs in one year, and the new ones are even worse. The front of the cushions are puckered across the entire front of the cushions. The fabric is puckered in several other places, the welt seams run crooked, the cushions are still lifting when someone gets up from the chair, one cushion will not sit fully into the chair, the other cushion slants toward the back.

In dealing with a business, drop the phone and get out the pen. I have a running written record, and truly believe that is the only reason anything has been done. Now my pen will say the only recourse is a full refund. I paid out $3444 for chairs. I have records of emails to corporate office, as well as store manager here in St. Louis, Missouri.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Bought a dresser from Bassett a few months ago. Sales rep was ok, not very knowledgeable about furniture or prices. We found a dresser we liked and ordered it. Came in 6 weeks later. I called to schedule a delivery. On the day of delivery, I called in the morning to verify time since I have to pick up my son. They said 3. They showed up at 4:30. Also, there was a scratch on it and the delivery guy told me the office would call me and send someone to look at it. He wouldn't take the piece back which is what I've experienced with other furniture stores. It's been 3 months, No one has called...

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Given the amount of money I spent on this couch I expected a lot more. It smells. It has been two weeks and fabric or cushions still have a musky smell. It is not terrible but you cannot lay down on it and not notice it. Back cushions are wrinkled. Makes it seem like they took wadded up fabric off the factory floor to make my couch. It's the first thing you notice when looking at the couch. I may be able to take the covers off and iron them, but this is not something a customer should have to do. Seams are uneven. Not just a little uneven. It would be the first thing you notice about the couch if the pillows were not so wrinkled.

Customer service is not flexible. I figured since it was an expensive couch that their customer service must be better than the "cheap" places like Rooms To Go. Turns out just the opposite. The 5" bun legs on the couch make it sit too high and they stick out from the sides since it's the smallest couch they sell. They do not accept exchanges on the legs after a sale, however they will sell you new ones. At about the same time, we got a desk and chair from Rooms To Go. We easily exchanged a chair at Rooms To Go. The only positive I can think of about Basset is the fabric appears to be durable.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

I am very upset and disappointed after purchasing the Bassett Warrenton Cocktail table (leather and Wood), along with a sofa, love seat, and rug approximately $3,000 total. Around a year and a half the leather on the cocktail table started to crack and peel, having only ever used a damp cloth to clean. I have a Natuzzi leather chair in the same room which I have had for at least 10 years and it has never cracked and peeled. I reported this to my Bassett Repair guy and Bassett Customer Service, sending images of the quality problem. Bassett's reply was "there is only a one year warranty on our furniture. There is nothing we can do!"

It is obvious that Bassett is not concerned with their quality control. I also have to report on the quality of my sofas. Both sofa cushions went flat after a year. Bassett did replace the cushions for both sofa and love seat, but what does this say about the quality? It appears I will need to replace the sofas after only 2 years? Overall Bassett quality is extremely questionable. I will not be visiting or recommending my local showroom in Montgomeryville, PA anytime soon! I do have to say though that my repair man was excellent..... Very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

November 2, 2014, we ordered a sectional, using 1 of 2 fabrics available as options, nothing more "custom" than that. In addition, we ordered an accent chair. We were given an "estimated" date of arrival of Dec. 18th. That date came & went, only to find after making a phone call to the store that the sectional arrived in the warehouse with 1/2 of it damaged, and it had to be remade.

Three weeks more pass, and we request the chair be delivered, assuming IT was in perfect. One week later the chair arrives with huge black grease stains on the back and arm. To date, no word on the sectional's delivery date, but, Bassett actually thinks that we will accept a piece of furniture that is treated with solvent to clean a brand new piece of furniture that THEY damaged. Needless to say, the saga continues as we await for the store manager to consult with his regional manager as to how they are going to compensate us for this huge inconvenience. I just wish I had checked reviews about Bassett Furniture before making this purchase.

Resolution response: Sept. 23, 2015

The furniture was finally delivered in the middle of February. As I expected, the furniture is marked made in Vietnam (at least it's not China I guess).

Now we come to the quality. The dressers/night stands are good. The visible portion of the bed frame is nice. The supports underneath the mattress is a crap particle board. 2 of them have already snapped just by me getting onto the bed (230 lbs). The 2 posts at the foot board screw onto the base, and are not sturdy (wobble when you touch them). One of the posts has a visible portion that was chipped off at some point, and glued back on and re-stained.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2015

They definitely over-promise, and under-deliver on timelines. We purchased a bedroom set that is "stocked", and should be available within 2 weeks. Our sales guy told us upfront that their delivery time frame is within 30 days on everything (including custom ordered). Since we did not do anything custom, and it's one of their everyday sets it should already be on hand at the warehouse, and we should see it well within the 30 days. For the past 2 weeks, we've been told they are only waiting on the headboard to come in, and it should be there shortly. The update we received today (1/16) is that everything should be in their store by 1/26 (43 days after purchase), and then they can schedule a delivery time later that week.

From their website: "Today, Bassett has taken its craftsmanship and built a new reputation of quality custom furniture that can be made and delivered in 30 days or less." I'll update this review once we actually receive our order, hopefully increasing the rating by a great quality product. But waiting nearly 2 months for furniture (supposedly not coming from China) has definitely ruined my experience!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

I received my dining room set 14 months ago. It had taken me months to decide on a table and chair set because I really didn't want to spend $4,000 for a dining room set. However, after looking around we decided to spend the money so we had a "quality" set that would last us the rest of our lifetime since we are senior citizens. Upon receiving our set the delivery man noticed that the leaves to our table were damaged. We had selected their "special" hard finish and yet on the edges of the leaves it had areas of white film where it was not sealed properly. This should have given me a warning but the guy immediately said, "We'll reorder this as soon as we get back." So they took my table and leaves back so that the top would all match.

Now I waited for a month and had no contact from Bassett. I finally called to customer service at the store who informed me they would look into it and get back with me. So I waited some more. No phone calls and I again had to follow up. Now I'm told that they never received the complaint and therefore the table was not reordered and we had waited too long. Well, we had no table so they finally reordered our table and leaves after a couple of months. Finally the table top and leaves arrived and all looked fine. So I thought our problems with Bassett were over.

Within the first couple of months I noticed a mark on one of the chair backs. Then I saw another and realized that this was whenever the chair bumped the table it left a dent and the finish would chip off. I admit that I should have called right away. However, due to health problems and work, I did not get called in to Bassett until after my first year was up. Of course, they want to look at my date of purchase and first delivery instead of the delivery date when I really got my set.

They informed me that this was normal wear and tear. I have owned several wooden table and chair sets and never have had them mark up like this where the finish chipped off. The store customer service told me it was beyond warranty, it's normal usage and therefore there was nothing they would do about it. Basically saying too bad for you. She said we don't have these complaints from others. If others aren't complaining about it, then is this really normal wear and tear as I would think others would complain too. I didn't spend $4000 to have a crumby looking dining room set.

I called Bassett customer service for the company and not the store where I bought it from. They were pleasant but held the same line that this is not a defect in our line. It's what you expect when a chair touches a table. My mom had a wooden dining set for 30+ years and the chairs looked better than mine after just 14 months. As kids we paid no attention to where we pushed our chairs when sliding them under the table. Instead I have to warn my guests, "Don't push your chair under the table." It's very embarrassing to have such a low quality product that costs so much and looks dented and warn. On top of the denting, there are a couple of chairs that have the finish rubbing off just from a person sitting in the chair. I don't call this "quality" finish.

Bassett's solution is to send me a touch-up pen. They finally said I could send them pictures they would submit to the next level. I am so disappointed in Bassett. They talk "quality" and so that's what you expect. But that's not what you get. They apparently made these chairs from a soft wood that can't take a simple touch to the table. Even my cheap Walmart bar stools have held up better than Bassett. Maybe next time I'll just buy Walmart. It's cheaper and holds up better. I certainly will not buy Bassett again. They don't stand behind their product. They say "quality" but they don't really mean it, and your money is wasted for what you really get.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

One year ago I purchased $10000 worth of furniture from Bassett with the assistance of one of their home consultants from their Plano, Texas store (now out of business). After less than six months I noticed the fabric on the couch was pilling, stretching and in places the fabric looked fuzzy. Knowing the Plano store was closed I went to another location at Midway and LBJ in Dallas and inquired about the faulty fabric used on my customized sofa. The representative at the store told me she would have a store manager get back to me. About a week later someone left a message on my phone and said there was nothing that could be done for me. I was told to get a fuzz buster at Walmart, vacuum and rotate my cushions.

I purchased my furniture from Bassett because they offered a home consultant, who is a joke, and because I believed they offered a quality product that they stood behind. None of these things are true. Well guess what? I found my long lost consultant that sold me this crappy product. She sent me a holiday greeting card and enclosed her business card. She still works for Bassett at a new location on McKinney Ave in Dallas. I knew she could help me. When I emailed her with my concerns and pictures, she said she would talk with her store manager to see if something could be done to help. Another email followed to say, this fabric is like a mohair sweater and pills. I should purchase a fabric shaver from Bed Bath and Beyond, don't vacuum with a rotary attachment and rotate cushions often. I will never purchase anything from them ever again and if you chose to do business with them good luck and don't expect to be treated like a valued customer once they have your money!!! Shame on you Bassett!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

My husband and I purchased two rugs in December from Bassett Furniture Mall of Georgia. One we had no issue with, but the other 7x10 was nothing like the image shown on their website. We contacted our consultant and here's a summary of the email and voice mail responses. "Email pictures for review," "the image is abstract and can't see any issues," "sorry you are unhappy I will come to your home to inspect," "I won't be coming to your home, my manager said nothing is wrong with rug, try moving the furniture around for a better view" (an attempt to cover the white blotches). We are very dissatisfied in the quality and customer service and can only offer a buyer beware!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

I hope that I am able to sleep tonight!!! I am due to have a sofa, recliner, two end tables and a coffee table delivered tomorrow between 9 and 11. I am scared to death after reading an hour's worth of nightmares!! Please let everything go smoothly! I don't have the energy to go through what some people have written. Maybe Bassett has considered all these complaints and decided to work on their customer service! I did have a slight problem just trying to nail down a delivery date. I was told I would receive the sofa within about 2 weeks and the rest would take the average of 30 days. Tomorrow will be 37 days and supposedly it will ALL arrive then. I was hoping for the sofa for Christmas but NO! I'm okay with it though, just hoping for all to arrive as BRAND new furniture with no problems. I just keep hearing the sales lady tell me to inspect the furniture well before accepting it. YIKES! I'm going to try and go to bed with positive thoughts!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2014

I told the design consultant GAYLA ** exactly how I wanted the sofa to be seated in my living room. I told her I DID NOT want it covering a window, etc... once it was custom designed and brought to my house SIX weeks later, it's the exact opposite of what I asked for! She just wanted to make a sale, then she came to my house as if she and some other lady could move this sectional by themselves...TOTAL CRAZINESS!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2014

I purchased a king size bed and headboard from the clearance department of the Stoughton Ma Bassett store. I was told they misplaced the remotes to the bed but I could purchase them for an extra fee. I did so. It now has been over a month I have a bed and remotes but they will not work. I have talked to numerous people to program them. Some say it's the wrong remote. Others don't know. I'm disabled - I told the manager how important it was for me to be elevated. I keep getting strung along. I was told a tech would come out. Then no one shows up. I called and spoke to manager Carmen. I told her I was frustrated. She advised me she was far more frustrated than I was. I was told “You got it on clearance. You got what you paid for.” Then when I told her that was not what I was sold she said she was going to hang up on me and did so. I've called every number. I ended up in the hospital with chest pain that was only stress induced according to the doctor. I would never ever recommend this company. I need help.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

My husband and I purchased a sofa and two overstuffed chairs from Bassett Furniture in Ontario, California. When they arrived one chair had a dirty spot on it and the other had flaws in the fabric. A corner on one of the pillows on the back of the sofa is rounded (the piping that is) and others are square. The pillows also have inadequate stuffing in them making them droop and not look like the ones we saw displayed in the store. Does this company even have a Quality Control Department?? How could these things not have been noticed? The skirts panels on both the sofa and chairs were uneven. Bassett sent a technician to our home to clean the spot on the chair and he said it could not be cleaned. The person we need to talk to regarding these things is always "off today", and no one else is capable of handling the problem.

I requested new furniture and was told NO. Silly me for paying for the product before it was delivered but it was required. I thought I was dealing with a reputable company but now know they are not. Now my furniture will be picked up to be repaired by their "expert technicians" in the area. My home is less than 30 minutes from the city where they say the work is to be done. The truck is not "in the area" until 11/21 and it will take at least two weeks to get the furniture back into my home. I have to be without furniture for either on Thanksgiving or Christmas. My hands are tied because they have my money. I will never do business with them again and consider them inept and dishonest. The product displayed in the store is NOT what we received at home.

Resolution response: Nov. 17, 2014

Bassett contacted me and are willing to resolve this dispute to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

This review is a warning to anyone who buys Bassett Furniture. I have had a dispute with them on a purchase since day one of delivery. I ordered a custom piece of upholstered furniture. The quality and craftsmanship of the delivered piece was well under anything they have in their showroom. They told me it was because of the fabric I chose and took no responsibility. Their Design Expert, whom I worked closely with, never informed me that this fabric would behave in any other manner than what was displayed in their showroom. After delivery, they cited the fabric and acted as if it was my problem for choosing it. They offered no resolution except for me to repurchase the ottoman with a different fabric. I have reported them to BBB for their bait and switch tactics but since Bassett is unwilling to do anything, there is not much more I can do but warn others.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

Beckham Modular - Excessive fabric pilling under 7 months of purchase. No warranty on pilling. Fabric still pilling after Danbury Ct. store provided us with a fabric shaver and told us the pilling would lessen. Store Manager was not helpful at all! The company did not resolve our fabric problem, and was not interested in checking into the track results of the fabric used.

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2014

For the money that I paid for this item, I should have received a replaced item. They repaired the mechanism but not the fabric.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2014

Purchased a recliner and several items. After a year and 1/2 the recliner was wobbly and the fabric started to shred at the bottom of the recliner. I called Bassett and they wanted $49.00, from my Credit card because they said it was out of warranty. The mechanism is warranty for 3 to five years. A friend talked to the manager to cut the service charge in half which she did and the serviceman came out. He said that the mechanism had been installed improperly and that it had to be replaced and would take 2 to three weeks. When I talked to the Manager she tried to blame the problem with the recliner on me and would not fix the shredded fabric. This nickel and dime me when I spend thousands is disgraceful.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2014

Bought bassett sofa and loveseat - believe it was the Spencer sofa and love seat. Had for 6 years, start of the 7th year it starts peeling. Called bassett - out of warranty. Now the loveseat is starting to peel. See pictures. Do not recommend or will shop bassett again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2014

We bought Sofa from Basset I-10 -on 8/1/14. We have spent more than $5000 with them all paid. After waiting for 30 days our sofa arrives and when it comes it is Damages; the legs are all scratched, they forgot to staple a part of sofa (that looks awful), they sent wrong accent pillow and has a stain. I call the customer service 8/29. 1st of all the lady is rude on the phone and she makes me take all the pictures of the defect and send it to them for their team to evaluate? What is there to evaluate? I said, "It is defective. Send someone over right away..."

No, none of this happens. I wait patiently for 4 days - I call again. The same lady tells me she did not get the pictures, "Can you send it again," and I do so. And this time I wait another 1 week and I make a call and speak to the manager as they have no status on our case. The manager gives me excuses that the lady who was taking care of our case is out of office and that's why we didn't get to it earlier. She will schedule a technician to come look at it. It takes technician another 8 days to call me and schedule a day.

On the day of appointment he misses his appointment time and calls me late and says he cannot make it as he has to go to his daughter's open house. (With all due respect) That is not my problem. I did not go to work as I was waiting for you. Look at his attitude. He tells me that I need to call his office and reschedule it. Excuse me why am I doing all this, you all canceling on me... All in all a very bad experience. They have no respect for customer service. I should have given my money to some other local furniture company who cares about customer service and satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2014

I have much Bassett furniture in my home and I referred my daughter Lyndi to them. She purchased $5000 worth of furniture with her boyfriend Josh opening an account and adding Josh to it. She left Josh in Nov 2013 and took her half of the furniture back home, and tried to close her account to purchases but was told it had to be paid off first. On Dec 16, 2013, Josh used her account to repurchase what she took. When she found out, Bassett refused to cancel the sale saying it was legal, just as if she had bought it.

In April 2014 when Josh stopped paying, Lyndi took what he had purchased home here. This was when she noticed the dresser to be defective, having visible finger-jointed wood on the face. She spoke to Deb ** who promised to rectify her problem and send someone to look at the piece. To this date, no one has come and they are now using the excuse that only Josh can do it even though Lyndi paid for it on her account. Lyndi can be liable for payment but has no warranty rights. Bassett seems to think of every excuse possible to avoid satisfying the customer. We will not give up! It seems as if Bassett is doing everything in their power to exhaust the warranty period of 1 yr.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

I bought a brand new table from Bassett and after 3 weeks the paint started to chip and peel leaving unsightly spots on our table. My wife only cleans this table with water and paper towel to dry it. When we called Bassett in Brookfield, CT they sent an inspector to look at the table. After 3 weeks we called Bassett to find the status. They said it would not be covered because it supposedly had a chemical reaction. I called the supervisor and gave them posts on blogs where people have reported the same thing happening to their tables. The supervisor said they only look at your table and not what happens to others. It is a shame. I thought buying American made would be of better quality but I guess I was wrong. This company will not stand by their product and their warranty is a sham. Other spot are starting to form all over the table and still Bassett won't do anything.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2014

Purchased what I expected to be quality king size bed for $1500 and they used flimsy little particle board legs to support the underside, holding up the box springs. The legs never were very securely in place and eventually all tipped out side-ways. Consequently, the bed is very unstable and is also very creaky and noisy, waking me throughout the night every time we roll over. A visit to the store was very unhelpful but they DID offer to charge me more money to come out and try to see if they could fix their poorly constructed product. I noticed while in the store that all of the display beds had the same unsubstantial support system. I wish I had noticed it and realized the consequences BEFORE I bought this garbage.

Bassett Furniture Direct Company Information