2.1/5 (454 ratings)

About Badcock Home Furniture and More

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Purchase several items but this one in particular my kids' bunk bed broke a month later after purchase. Well that happen in April and it's almost a new year and the issue is still not resolve. They don't care that my kids have nowhere to sleep. The other bunk bed is not even sold on the website to me, where's the recall?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

In August of 2020 I bought a Best Home Furnishings recliner from Badcock in Auburndale, FL. I needed the chair because I was recovering from surgery and needed a comfortable recliner. It was delivered the same day and I was happy. Yesterday, September 28, 2021, the reclining mechanism broke and I began to look for the paperwork. I found where the reclining mechanism has a lifetime manufacturer's warranty and I was optimistic that I would be able to get another one for FREE. After all, it says FREE REPLACEMENT. It says that I should call the retail establishment where I purchased it. I did. They told me I had to call Best. So I did. They told me I had to call the store. So I did yet again. The man in the store told me he would give my info to the district manager and have him call me. That was yesterday.

Today, 9/29/21, I got a call from the DM. he told me that it wouldn't be FREE as I had to pay shipping for it. I called Corporate and they told me there is nothing they can do for me. So I called Best back again. They asked for the ID number on the bottom of the chair and then told me that anything older than 18 months I would have to pay shipping for the HEAVY part. Come to find out, I didn't buy a "BRAND NEW" chair, I was mislead and bought a chair that was over a YEAR OLD and NO ONE told me about the problem I may have. I am disabled now and cannot afford to pay the hefty shipping cost they want me to pay. I will NEVER buy from Badcock Home Furnishings again as it seems the stuff they sell is SUB-PAR and so is their customer service.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Went to the store and gave salesperson stock number from website. I was told that did not have one on display but they had one in the warehouse but they could not open the box but she would show me a few on the floor similar. I purchased with the finance company wanting to pay in 100 days. Bought for 399.00 but by time all add on it ended up over 700.00. Then they wouldn’t deliver til next week. The day they were suppose to deliver they called 3 times to change time. When they finally got there it was the wrong one. Over week before the right one came. Within 30 days I went out to tell them I wanted a different one. Upholstery made me itch. It’s been over a month since they said I would get a different one. Now the delivery has been changed again. The worse furniture store I have dealt with. If they bring the wrong one I’m canceling.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My wife and I purchased living room set, bedroom set and dinning set. After everything was delivered the bed frame literally fell apart. It took them about 6 months to come out (pandemic) which we completely understand. When they finally came out they didn't have all the parts and had to wait another month and they finally got it taken care of.

Fast forward this past week (6/7/21). The sofa couch started to rip. Right where the back cushions meet the back of the couch. Called the extended warranty and come to find out it does not cover this issue. After reviewing the T&C it's purely for accidents, normal wear and tear is not covered. So I spoke to the manager at the store where everything was purchased and she tried her hardest. The higher ups in Badcock confirmed the rips are not covered because when you sit back on the couch it will cause the cushions to rip. With a response like that they are aware the quality of their products are poor, and most likely aware they are defective.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We were shopping for a recliner. We found one that my husband liked at Badcock. Unfortunately, they only had the display model. My husband tried several times to talk them into letting him buy the display model but they were adamant that they could not sell it. So we paid for the recliner that they promised would be in within 30 days. When we called to ensure the recliner would be there the day before we were supposed to pick it up, the salesperson told us it didn't come in and wouldn't be in for several more weeks. When we went to the store to discuss it, we noticed the display recliner was missing. The saleslady said, "Guess someone sold it." We asked for a refund but they said since we paid for the chair with a check, they'll have to mail us a check. That made no sense because the check we wrote had cleared weeks prior. These people wasted our time and lied. We're just hoping to get a refund.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We purchased an electric reclining lift chair which was a medical necessity for a home bond relative. Within 3 to 4 months, the chair stopped working completely. When we called to report the problem to the store, it took them almost a week to come out. Instead of getting a new motor (which had burned out), they took a motor out of another chair and replaced it with that motor. During this wait period, our Aunt had to set in her wheelchair since she can't get up from any other chair. Within 6 months, the chair stopped working again and it took another week before the repair service came out again and they said the motor had burned out again and they would have to order another one. That was over 3 weeks ago and the chair has still not been repair. We were forced to purchase another lift chair from a "reputable" furniture store.

Original review: April 16, 2021

In 2020 I purchased a new mattress on Babcock's credit plan. After some months the mattress failed to hold up. I contacted the store, I was told to come in and select another one, COVID-19 came out and I wasn't able to get in until I was able. The owner was friendly as well wanting me to try various mattresses... I found the perfect one. The price was adjusted accordingly and I'm Happy. I'm sorry for those who had bad experiences.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I purchased two identical recliners at the store on Silas Creek in Winston-Salem on March 27, 2021 and agreed to delivery on April 3, a week later. Monday 3/29 they debited my account for the full purchase price and the delivery charge. Saturday, April 3 they called and told me that one of the two chairs was correct, the other was loaded but the wrong model. They asked if I wanted to take delivery of one, with the other one to deliver on 4/8. I agreed to this and they delivered one of my two, already paid for, chairs.

On 4/8 by afternoon I hadn't heard from the store about my delivery so I called them. I was told that the warehouse forgot to load my chair and I would receive it on Monday 4/12. I told Phil, at the store that they already had two shots at closing this transaction and I wouldn't accept a later delivery, please come and pick up the chair already delivered. He said, no problem, the truck will be there Monday to pick up the first chair and he would credit my account which would take 3 to 5 business days.

Fast forward to Monday 4/12, no call by late afternoon about when I could expect the pick up so, I called the store. This time I got Brad. I told him the story and he apologized, telling me Phil was a very unreliable employee and that he, Brad, would take care of it. He took my phone number and told me he would call with the new pick up date and that he would credit the undelivered chair (in 3 to 5 days) and would credit the other chair after it was returned to the warehouse. It's now Tuesday 4/13 late afternoon and no call from Brad.

Just now I spoke with Danielle, the store manager. She has assured me that the chair will be picked up on Saturday 4/17 and I will get a call with the time on Friday afternoon or evening. Stay tuned. If I don't or can't get back to this just know that I have never encountered such shoddy customer service for a major purchase. Will not shop there again.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Do not buy from this store. Horrible customer service experience and I wanna start with Tina up to the store manager Emory. On the day of me going to buy furniture, I was INFORMED by Tina after getting my credit pulled that I did qualify for two years interest free. Had she not told me, I would’ve never known correct? So I’m totally ok with that because who doesn’t want two years credit free. So as I’m signing my paperwork, Tina tells me that I do have pay the rest of my balance since it went past my credit limit which was fine. 300 or so dollars. What she doesn’t tell me is that I actually needed to put 10% down in order to get the two years interest free. (Which I find out later on after she’s been called out on it).

The 10% down was basically $500... $500! What’s 200 more dollars that I couldn’t put down had I been informed! No. She doesn’t tell me that’s what I needed to do. Instead takes my $300, and adds the 21% interest that I notice once I get my second bill! I call to the store and then Tina decides to say “oh yeah you needed to put 10% down”. Did you tell me that at the store ?? NO! So $200 more dollars that I could have easily given insteads costs me thousands more dollars in interest once it’s all paid off. Terrible customer service! Like who doesn’t want the best for their customers??! Now let’s get to Emory, the store manager who absolutely chose to give me the runaround and pretends that he’s so unavailable to get back to me.

Long story short, no resolution to this matter. He tries to run from me until he’s forced to see me face to face since he never wanted to return my call. He has the audacity to defend Tina as “she’s the best”. No sir. Because if it were you or your daughter, you would have wanted them to be well informed of what they were entitled to (which is what good customer service workers do!). All I get in response is, you waited two statements too late and there’s nothing we can do. Complete crap! But it’s ok, because I hope this review helps out the next customer that I wish I’d had! Do not buy from this Badcock store!!

Original review: March 28, 2021

I purchased washer/dryer and refrigerator from Badcock on February 24, 2021 they delivered it on February 27th, 2021 and damaged my kitchen and laundry floors. I went through hell trying to get their insurance to pay to replace my brand new floors since my house was just built on February 10, 2021. Fast forward March 28, 2021, I notice the washer doesn’t wash well and it doesn’t remove stains and leave clothes looking dingy even white cloths with bleach doesn’t wash well.

I went to the store and spoke to Shelly, she said she will exchange it but only if I have someone to pick it up because she will not send her delivery guys back out to my house due to what previously happened, in essence Badcock is punishing me because their delivery employees were not responsible. DO NOT shop at the Albemarle NC location. I will file a complaint with the BBB, and Whirlpool along with letting my Facebook and Instagram followers know about Badcock bad service. Almost $800.00 washer doesn’t perform and it’s Whirlpool. This madness must end.

Original review: March 25, 2021

Waiting since December 2020 for a $1500 mattress I paid for in December. It is April 25, 2021, I am still waiting. The first bedroom set delivery was the WRONG BED. They ordered a new one and delivered it but I have been stood up at least 7 times for the mattress delivery with no shows and had 3 damaged/torn mattresses brought for delivery and one damaged box spring. I was told numerous times my newest mattress was torn and another had to be ordered then week after week stood up and told the same thing again.

Today they call and ask if I (45yr old woman) can help unload off a tall truck with no lift gate and bring in the KING pillow top mattress if their ONE delivery person brings it. This is an absolute joke and their corporate is no help. I have called corporate 3 times and emailed them twice. They did nothing to help. I just paid a fortune for a bedroom set at the same time then I paid a $75 delivery fee for this, do yourself a favor and buy somewhere else.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Most of the staff are not wearing any mask. Customers are coming in the store thinking there are going to be safe and you're not. The younger staff seem to be arrogant to play games with Covid-19. For the staff to place my life in danger I am not happy at all. When you have the staff with the masks down talking and laughing and you don't know if one has Covid-19. There are placing people life in danger. One of the staff was coughing. I did not feel safe at all. I was scared to death. I lost my best friend to Covid. And the staff just played games about the masks. They have signs on the door saying masks required. But that don't apply to some of the staff. Just place a sign on the door that staff don't wear masks and I would have not came in. But don't place my life in danger.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I purchased bed, living room, entertainment center, tv, and fireplace. I still have them. Some people don't know what to buy. I like quality. By the way the flat screen I have is in my living room until this day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I bought a bed 4 months ago that has broken twice.. They won't replace it and it's the worst decision that I ever made.. Their furniture is crappy and I wouldn't recommend anyone to shop there. My bed is sitting on bricks.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

They failed to honor the warranty they sold me. Sold me Dining room and living room and coffee table same day on the same ticket and only put insurance on small chair, But got glass table with no insurance. Went into office and let them know that one of my chair leg need fixing. They reply to me they going put a ticket in for someone to come out. It never happen. Around time this Covid 19 came out no one can come out to your home, I accept that. Ask them will it be a problem later on down line for it to get fixes if I finishing paying my bills off. No problem. They will still fixes it.

After I pay off call and went into office and see if they can still finish it. They said yes putting a ticket in never happening no call. Went back to office talk with Ms. **. She gone take care it. Been a year no problem. Give me 3 day will give you call back. Never did return call. So call office again on Friday. She on phone with another customer. Left my name and number. No call back, call back again. She on lunch break. So decide it better for me to call corporate see can I get help. They giving me the run around.

Corporate reach out to the store. They said they never got a call on this ticket about the furniture. I been with them over 7 years. Good customer pay everything off got from them. How can you do your good customer like this. Their managers no good.. I Went out of my way several times to the store to get the issue resolved. They also lied to corporate that she was not at work today and corporate call back she was at work. If you lied to corporate you will lied to your customer that bad business. Never buy anything from Badcock on Mobile Hwy Pensacola Florida.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

They failed to honor the warranty they sold me. They had 8-hour windows where I took off from work and never showed up. They had 6 managers in 1 year. I called store, corporate office, stayed on the phone for hours. Went out of my way several times to the store to get the issue resolved. The week my warranty was up they agreed to come get the furniture and take it off my account. They charged me with late fees and the warranty they never honored. It took me a year to get them to acknowledge my complaint. Then charged me like it was my fault. I tried to make things right. They even admitted they dropped the ball several times.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We moved to a new town and needed new furniture. The dining table finish was coming off. Instead of replacing the dining table they wanted to take it someplace else to refinish. I wanted to know how long it would take couldn't give a definite answer. There were other problems would not correct.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Badcock Home Furnishings sells moderately priced furniture and major appliances. They tend to be in areas where there is a high minority low -med income population because they prey on people with high interest rates that last longer than the furniture with low down payments. Major appliances have a significant markup compared to stores like Home Depot and Lowes. Badcock makes most of their money from financing. They advertise financing as a come on that no one is ever approved for and then shift buyers to predatory rates when finalizing the sale. I have a credit score of 830 and was denied the advertised interest rate of 12 month financing/no interest and then offered a high rate.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My experience with Badcock dates back to 1973, when our family moved to the Tampa Bay area; we needed some new furniture for our new home, and a relative suggested Badcock; we tried Badcock - and the sales staff were responsive to our needs, the delivery personnel were very good to us in regard to setting up the new furniture, and we felt right at home; I would certainly recommend Badcock to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I love this store and all the employees, I was visiting my daughter in NC and called to ask about a TV stand and they went above and beyond to help, even staying after closing time to help load it, so I would absolutely recommend this furniture Store.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I purchased furniture with extended warranty and when submitting a claim it was denied. Please don’t purchase furniture or any warranties from them. I was told I would get a call back from the Avon park store about 2 weeks ago. After they look into it, no one has called me back. I spoke with a lady over the phone about the callback and she took my number 3 days ago and I still haven’t gotten a call. I will never shop here again.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

We bought a couch, love seat, coffee table, and bar stools from our local Badcock. Our coffee table arrived damaged and was replaced. Within a few months our bar stools broke and the zipper on one of the couch cushions popped open. The second coffee table broke just weeks after the new one arrived. We went back and forth with the warranty department for months and got absolutely nowhere. They don't stand behind their product at all. We spent thousands of dollars on new furniture and there is now something wrong with ALL OF IT. Their products, customer service and "warranty" are a joke.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Badcock is the worst furniture. I was sitting at my kitchen table and it just collapsed. It took two months of calling the warranty company to get someone to come out. They said the table collapsed because there were some screws missing that never came with the table. After waiting another month, I find out my claim is denied because it doesn't cover hardware malfunctions. I told them hardware was never provided which was their fault. They said they had no way of knowing if I just lost it. Other issues... Chairs middle support beam just fell off 3 of the chairs. The couch started ripping after less than a year. Headboard on the twin beds are flimsy. Their products are cheap and their warranty sucks.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

They are the worst and would never buy or recommend to anyone. I bought a sectional and paid 1 year store warranty and extended 2 year if anything happens. My couch armrest and the loveseat broke. I have called corporate and every department possible and they denied my claim and said it was over used!! I never knew you can only use your couch a certain amount of days per week.. Now I’m stuck with broken couches that I’m still paying for because I had financed them and still paying for something that’s going to garbage. They had me back and forth with several departments so I held my payment to see if they would come repair it but the store sent me to collections instead..

I hate them so much and would never buy again from them.. They are a joke and very unprofessional.. Everyone in that store in Cape Coral Florida on Hancock parkway.. I rather spend more in a different store with reliable people.. The manager even told me that the sales guy that sold me fake promises was fired. Where is her ethic.. ?? And when I explained to someone else after speaking to 10 different people another agent at corporate office said why didn’t I read the fine print... I’m so angry.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Overall appearance is good, but substandard materials are use making this furniture no better than pick up sticks! Do not purchase furniture insurance because it makes no difference. They do Not stand behind their product. Only trying to make sales!!! Encountered five RUDE employees. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR QUALITY, POOR FOLLOW UP. CORPORATE OFFICE ALSO TERRIBLE! LESS THAN 1 RATING!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

My wife and I bought a refrigerator, to start with they lied to us about the credit account, told us it was interest free for 12 months and it's charging us 35.64 of interest then they added a 10,000.00 life insurance policy on it without us knowing it. When it was delivered they damaged both doors of the fridge badly, along with the door frame of my house. We have been trying to get doors reordered for the past 2 months. When I call the store the store manager tells me he has not got a response from the order. Every time I turn around something is a lie. I will never purchase anything else through this place.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Customer service was good, but sales staff member was more interested in their phone than their customer service overall decent experience. Hopefully this is addressed and fixed as this is a wonderful place to shop.

Original review: June 30, 2020

We purchased the Coventry sectional at Badcock recently. We immediately noticed staples all over the floor and the back of the couch separating. We soon began to notice the entire bottom fabric hanging off the couch as well. The store was more than happy to exchange the sectional for another of the same. The second sectional arrived with the back unattached, stains on the side, a large hole ripped in the fabric on the bottom of the couch and staples falling out of the packaging. The delivery team informed is that this particular sofa is returned all the time for the same issues.

The store suggested we choose something else. We chose two of the Quinn sofas (as there was nothing else in the store that was our style). We were told there would be a $321 credit applied to our financing. That was not applied. I called the store and was informed by the manager that their “policy states that the item can only be exchanged for an item of equal value and you just lost your $321”. This item was returned due to it falling apart, not because we didn’t like it. This is a very poor policy and we will not be returning to the store for future purchases.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Ordered a Samsung 55" Curved TV. Was delivered in the box. Box was undamaged upon arrival however the TV inside is destroyed. I would not do business with them or check everything. Don't put up with this stuff. Money is hard to come by these days and this is basically theft. I intend to cancel my entire order over 2700$ worth. Bye bye garbage.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Badcock did the delivery on time, were very courteous and set up our furniture with a smile. I would definitely buy from them again. We haven't had one problem at all. Thank you Badcock. All smiles =)

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information