3.48/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Badcock Home Furniture and More

Looking for a good furniture store?

250 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 19, 2019

After paying off over $3000 Dollars worth of merchandise in the last 4 years or so Badcock & More won't even finance me a HOTPOINT BY G.E. TOP LOAD WASHER for $549.95? I bought a Maytag Washer and Dryer about 4 or 5 years ago and the washer went bad already! Only $300 credit is not a good reason! Badcock & More didn't hesitate to collect over $3000 dollars from me in the past!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

We shopped for a living room set there. We found a sofa we liked, but, we wanted a matching love seat. The salesman looked in his computer and said he DID have the matching love seat, he just had to locate it because he had more than one warehouse. We were told to call back the next day. We called as instructed and the salesman was not in. We called the next day as well, and the day after that. We waited 10 days for a call back and NEVER got one!! After 10 days with no contact from Badcock we went to Ashley and purchased a living room set. We NEVER got a call from Badcock!! That was 3 months ago.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I went into the store to purchase a dryer. Salesperson was with a customer. I was there 15 mins and she never asked if I needed help nor did she say anything to me at all. She walked past me with her customer, looked and me and said nothing, so I left the store and probably will not return.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We bought a mattress from this place. We spent a lot of money on it. Within 2 months the mattress had completely broken down. They sent a tech out who agreed it was broken down. The store manager was the most rude person I have ever spoken to and told me the warranty was null and void because I did not have the mattress on the box spring that came with the set. Even though we also paid for that. Turns out more people I speak with have also had this problem. I spoke to a lawyer and need a few more people to come forward with their problems with the furniture from this store and a class action lawsuit can be filed against them. They should be ashamed of themselves for scamming innocent people. The owner should be so proud.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Absolute horrible customer service experience from over the phone service team. Completely dissatisfied, will not recommend. There have been three attempts to get my product delivered. First attempt delivery team forgot hardware for dresser. I politely asked that they come again another day to finish completing the delivery and installation. I had a 4-day window of availability to be at the home for the installation and they were unable to accommodate me to fix the initial mistake.

I have had to wait approximately two weeks from the day of the initial delivery and again I tried to schedule a delivery for another Tuesday which is my only day off from the job that allows me to pay for this furniture, and the service I received was rude and unprofessional. Finally I have asked for them to just drop the hardware off in front of the front door, and I guess after spending $5,500 with the company, I'll have to install it myself. Extremely disappointed with the lack of attention to customer satisfaction.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: March 4, 2019

Inferior finish on bedroom furniture I purchased. The layer of paint is so thin that I wiped a small spill with soft cloth and the paint came off. The spill was not from chemicals but normal everyday skin care products that people normally have on their dressers. The worst part is Badcock does not think that they are responsible for the repairs.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We brought a platform bed and a week later we got bed bugs. We never had them until then. We call several times and they won’t do nothing for us. But they still want us to pay for it. You know what you can do is to shove it. I’m not paying for something you brought into our home. And they keep calling us for payment after we told them no way.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Have dealt with repeated issues on our sectional since 3 weeks after we bought it 14 months ago. It has been swapped out and the same problems keep reoccurring because it is junk! You would get better quality at Goodwill! Save your money! Tried dealing with the local store with no results so we took it to corporate and still no results. They refuse to fix it, return it or replace it! Now we are stuck paying top dollar for garbage!!! See attached email we sent to Badcock Corporate! I have 38 photos of a sectional that has had multiple repairs to it and been swapped out once already for poor quality! Corporate called today to say that someone has laid on the back of the couch and caused it to be this way! Really???

"To whom it may concern, Please see attached photos of MANY different views, angles and issues with this set. There are multiple issues with this set and they are the same issues we had with last set before it was replaced. I am sorry but for your rude, disrespectful, unprofessional corporate gentleman, Andy to state that all of my complaints are due to "misuse of dogs"! Really?!? That is totally ridiculous and absurd! There is no way that's even possible!!!

There are several things wrong with this set that cannot even be as a result of dogs or not! He obviously is just upset because I called him out on his rudeness and unprofessionalism while in my home, stated it on the paperwork he had me sign AND he huffed and puffed about my prior call to corporate office! The man arrived to my home, not even saying hello, good morning or anything! I greeted him and had to ask him if he was the man from corporate!!! He never explained what he was doing, never apologized or anything! Just huffed and puffed the entire time he was here, in the home.

And to top it off, he didn't even reattach the end sectional back to the piece he repaired!!! When I asked him about restuffing the arms or what we were going to do about the rest of the issues we had? He simply told me "that's not my problem, I suggest you call corporate! I've stuffed them once and I'm not stuffing them again! I came to make a repair, I made it and that's all I'm doing!". When I told him "I've already spoken to corporate office with a lady named Maureen." He rolled his eyes, huffed and said "yeah I know, I had to deal with them this morning" and he handed me the paper to sign! So yeah in a sense, he was right to say "that's all I'm doing" because he is NEVER allowed in our home again! I will not tolerate being treated that way or spoken to that way!!!

Seriously?!?! Is this how Badcock trains their employees to speak to customers? And on a corporate level??? There is no reason that not one but two sets of the same furniture display the same problems all within 14 months except one reason, poor quality!! After our 2nd set was delivered, we were calling in within 3 weeks with the same exact complaints we had with the first set. It is not our fault that your Florence location is just now getting around to handling those complaints nearly a year later! It is completely unprofessional to make a paying customer wait months on end for calls to be returned, service/repair to show up and our issues to be addressed! It is unprofessional and poor customer service to take 4-6 months to finally be able to speak to someone about calling multiple times! Does Badcock think that if you don't return calls that the issues will just go away or the customer will get tired of calling and just forget it?

When we returned the first set we were told at that time if the same problems arose with the 2nd set, they would gladly give us a refund or allow us to swap out for a different set and apologized for the issues we had, explaining that this sectional was in fact your "top of the line." I am sorry but with the same repeated issues to occur within a few weeks, I cannot say I agree with this being Badcocks "top of the line." If it is, I would hate to see your bottom line sets.

We have several pieces of furniture from Badcocks and are very pleased with the quality of the wood on our entertainment center, end tables and bedroom outfit. However, I am not able to say anything positive in regards to this living room outfit unfortunately. For the money we paid for this, it should be way better quality than it is. For the quality to be so poor, we could have saved us a ton of money and headache to just have purchased a used set from Goodwill or a yard sale or even purchased one from Rent a Center. I would love to have been able to send a video rather than photos because honestly, they do not show the degree of poor quality that a video would show. Hopefully you will be able to see in all of the photos I am attaching all of the issues in which I am discussing here and have discussed with your Florence store as well as Maureen.

Does Badcock truly believe in selling good quality merchandise and customer satisfaction or just making sales? At this point, unfortunately, I am truly questioning it. We own our own business and I'm sorry but if I displayed this type of business ethics, I wouldn't be able to stay open as I wouldn't have any customers! We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and our reputation truly reflects that. We would NEVER tolerate one of our employees ever speaking to a customer in the manner Andy did not would we just simply ignore issues our customers have, regardless of what they are! Quality isn't only in your products, it's in your reputation, customer service and those who represent your company as well!!! In all due respect, Badcock, at this point, is lacking in all areas!!?"

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This is very scary reading these reviews because I am having trouble with the Badcock store in Bushnell, Fl. I purchased a red microfiber couch. They delivered it when they said they would. I didn't look at the couch real good when they delivered the couch because I was cooking. So a few hours later I looked at the couch and I noticed that it had a scratch on one of the cushions about 2" long. The store was closed so I called the next day and spoke with Melissa. Melissa said that she would let John know and see what to do because she didn't know if they would just replace the cushion or the whole couch. She said she would find out from John and have John call me.

About 2 weeks later John never called. I called back and spoke with Betty. Betty said that when John got through with his customer he would call me back. That was about a week ago. From reading these reviews it looks like this is a normal pattern for the Badcock stores. I'm praying that it won't be. We will see. I hate to think that I have pay for a damaged couch that was their fault for scratching it. I did also pay for the 3 year protection plan.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

In late 2013 I bought what I thought was high-end leather furniture. I’m retired and thought it would last for the rest of my life. In a little over a year, the incredibly THIN leather started to peel. I couldn’t believe how thin it was. I called Badcock and they said, “Oops! It’s over a year since you bought it. We can do nothing.” I tried to go higher up, but to no avail. Now I am faced with having to buy new furniture in only 5 years after having spent 1000s and 1000s. Don’t make the mistake of buying from Badcock.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information