2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

2.1/5 (442 ratings)

About Badcock Home Furniture and More

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: April 16, 2021

In 2020 I purchased a new mattress on Babcock's credit plan. After some months the mattress failed to hold up. I contacted the store, I was told to come in and select another one, COVID-19 came out and I wasn't able to get in until I was able. The owner was friendly as well wanting me to try various mattresses... I found the perfect one. The price was adjusted accordingly and I'm Happy. I'm sorry for those who had bad experiences.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I purchased bed, living room, entertainment center, tv, and fireplace. I still have them. Some people don't know what to buy. I like quality. By the way the flat screen I have is in my living room until this day.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My experience with Badcock dates back to 1973, when our family moved to the Tampa Bay area; we needed some new furniture for our new home, and a relative suggested Badcock; we tried Badcock - and the sales staff were responsive to our needs, the delivery personnel were very good to us in regard to setting up the new furniture, and we felt right at home; I would certainly recommend Badcock to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I love this store and all the employees, I was visiting my daughter in NC and called to ask about a TV stand and they went above and beyond to help, even staying after closing time to help load it, so I would absolutely recommend this furniture Store.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Went to the store and gave salesperson stock number from website. I was told that did not have one on display but they had one in the warehouse but they could not open the box but she would show me a few on the floor similar. I purchased with the finance company wanting to pay in 100 days. Bought for 399.00 but by time all add on it ended up over 700.00. Then they wouldn’t deliver til next week. The day they were suppose to deliver they called 3 times to change time. When they finally got there it was the wrong one. Over week before the right one came. Within 30 days I went out to tell them I wanted a different one. Upholstery made me itch. It’s been over a month since they said I would get a different one. Now the delivery has been changed again. The worse furniture store I have dealt with. If they bring the wrong one I’m canceling.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My wife and I purchased living room set, bedroom set and dinning set. After everything was delivered the bed frame literally fell apart. It took them about 6 months to come out (pandemic) which we completely understand. When they finally came out they didn't have all the parts and had to wait another month and they finally got it taken care of.

Fast forward this past week (6/7/21). The sofa couch started to rip. Right where the back cushions meet the back of the couch. Called the extended warranty and come to find out it does not cover this issue. After reviewing the T&C it's purely for accidents, normal wear and tear is not covered. So I spoke to the manager at the store where everything was purchased and she tried her hardest. The higher ups in Badcock confirmed the rips are not covered because when you sit back on the couch it will cause the cushions to rip. With a response like that they are aware the quality of their products are poor, and most likely aware they are defective.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We were shopping for a recliner. We found one that my husband liked at Badcock. Unfortunately, they only had the display model. My husband tried several times to talk them into letting him buy the display model but they were adamant that they could not sell it. So we paid for the recliner that they promised would be in within 30 days. When we called to ensure the recliner would be there the day before we were supposed to pick it up, the salesperson told us it didn't come in and wouldn't be in for several more weeks. When we went to the store to discuss it, we noticed the display recliner was missing. The saleslady said, "Guess someone sold it." We asked for a refund but they said since we paid for the chair with a check, they'll have to mail us a check. That made no sense because the check we wrote had cleared weeks prior. These people wasted our time and lied. We're just hoping to get a refund.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We purchased an electric reclining lift chair which was a medical necessity for a home bond relative. Within 3 to 4 months, the chair stopped working completely. When we called to report the problem to the store, it took them almost a week to come out. Instead of getting a new motor (which had burned out), they took a motor out of another chair and replaced it with that motor. During this wait period, our Aunt had to set in her wheelchair since she can't get up from any other chair. Within 6 months, the chair stopped working again and it took another week before the repair service came out again and they said the motor had burned out again and they would have to order another one. That was over 3 weeks ago and the chair has still not been repair. We were forced to purchase another lift chair from a "reputable" furniture store.

Original review: April 13, 2021

I purchased two identical recliners at the store on Silas Creek in Winston-Salem on March 27, 2021 and agreed to delivery on April 3, a week later. Monday 3/29 they debited my account for the full purchase price and the delivery charge. Saturday, April 3 they called and told me that one of the two chairs was correct, the other was loaded but the wrong model. They asked if I wanted to take delivery of one, with the other one to deliver on 4/8. I agreed to this and they delivered one of my two, already paid for, chairs.

On 4/8 by afternoon I hadn't heard from the store about my delivery so I called them. I was told that the warehouse forgot to load my chair and I would receive it on Monday 4/12. I told Phil, at the store that they already had two shots at closing this transaction and I wouldn't accept a later delivery, please come and pick up the chair already delivered. He said, no problem, the truck will be there Monday to pick up the first chair and he would credit my account which would take 3 to 5 business days.

Fast forward to Monday 4/12, no call by late afternoon about when I could expect the pick up so, I called the store. This time I got Brad. I told him the story and he apologized, telling me Phil was a very unreliable employee and that he, Brad, would take care of it. He took my phone number and told me he would call with the new pick up date and that he would credit the undelivered chair (in 3 to 5 days) and would credit the other chair after it was returned to the warehouse. It's now Tuesday 4/13 late afternoon and no call from Brad.

Just now I spoke with Danielle, the store manager. She has assured me that the chair will be picked up on Saturday 4/17 and I will get a call with the time on Friday afternoon or evening. Stay tuned. If I don't or can't get back to this just know that I have never encountered such shoddy customer service for a major purchase. Will not shop there again.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Do not buy from this store. Horrible customer service experience and I wanna start with Tina up to the store manager Emory. On the day of me going to buy furniture, I was INFORMED by Tina after getting my credit pulled that I did qualify for two years interest free. Had she not told me, I would’ve never known correct? So I’m totally ok with that because who doesn’t want two years credit free. So as I’m signing my paperwork, Tina tells me that I do have pay the rest of my balance since it went past my credit limit which was fine. 300 or so dollars. What she doesn’t tell me is that I actually needed to put 10% down in order to get the two years interest free. (Which I find out later on after she’s been called out on it).

The 10% down was basically $500... $500! What’s 200 more dollars that I couldn’t put down had I been informed! No. She doesn’t tell me that’s what I needed to do. Instead takes my $300, and adds the 21% interest that I notice once I get my second bill! I call to the store and then Tina decides to say “oh yeah you needed to put 10% down”. Did you tell me that at the store ?? NO! So $200 more dollars that I could have easily given insteads costs me thousands more dollars in interest once it’s all paid off. Terrible customer service! Like who doesn’t want the best for their customers??! Now let’s get to Emory, the store manager who absolutely chose to give me the runaround and pretends that he’s so unavailable to get back to me.

Long story short, no resolution to this matter. He tries to run from me until he’s forced to see me face to face since he never wanted to return my call. He has the audacity to defend Tina as “she’s the best”. No sir. Because if it were you or your daughter, you would have wanted them to be well informed of what they were entitled to (which is what good customer service workers do!). All I get in response is, you waited two statements too late and there’s nothing we can do. Complete crap! But it’s ok, because I hope this review helps out the next customer that I wish I’d had! Do not buy from this Badcock store!!

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information