2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

2.1/5 (444 ratings)

About Badcock Home Furniture and More

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: April 16, 2021

In 2020 I purchased a new mattress on Babcock's credit plan. After some months the mattress failed to hold up. I contacted the store, I was told to come in and select another one, COVID-19 came out and I wasn't able to get in until I was able. The owner was friendly as well wanting me to try various mattresses... I found the perfect one. The price was adjusted accordingly and I'm Happy. I'm sorry for those who had bad experiences.

Original review: March 6, 2021

I purchased bed, living room, entertainment center, tv, and fireplace. I still have them. Some people don't know what to buy. I like quality. By the way the flat screen I have is in my living room until this day.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

My experience with Badcock dates back to 1973, when our family moved to the Tampa Bay area; we needed some new furniture for our new home, and a relative suggested Badcock; we tried Badcock - and the sales staff were responsive to our needs, the delivery personnel were very good to us in regard to setting up the new furniture, and we felt right at home; I would certainly recommend Badcock to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I love this store and all the employees, I was visiting my daughter in NC and called to ask about a TV stand and they went above and beyond to help, even staying after closing time to help load it, so I would absolutely recommend this furniture Store.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Purchase several items but this one in particular my kids' bunk bed broke a month later after purchase. Well that happen in April and it's almost a new year and the issue is still not resolve. They don't care that my kids have nowhere to sleep. The other bunk bed is not even sold on the website to me, where's the recall?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

In August of 2020 I bought a Best Home Furnishings recliner from Badcock in Auburndale, FL. I needed the chair because I was recovering from surgery and needed a comfortable recliner. It was delivered the same day and I was happy. Yesterday, September 28, 2021, the reclining mechanism broke and I began to look for the paperwork. I found where the reclining mechanism has a lifetime manufacturer's warranty and I was optimistic that I would be able to get another one for FREE. After all, it says FREE REPLACEMENT. It says that I should call the retail establishment where I purchased it. I did. They told me I had to call Best. So I did. They told me I had to call the store. So I did yet again. The man in the store told me he would give my info to the district manager and have him call me. That was yesterday.

Today, 9/29/21, I got a call from the DM. he told me that it wouldn't be FREE as I had to pay shipping for it. I called Corporate and they told me there is nothing they can do for me. So I called Best back again. They asked for the ID number on the bottom of the chair and then told me that anything older than 18 months I would have to pay shipping for the HEAVY part. Come to find out, I didn't buy a "BRAND NEW" chair, I was mislead and bought a chair that was over a YEAR OLD and NO ONE told me about the problem I may have. I am disabled now and cannot afford to pay the hefty shipping cost they want me to pay. I will NEVER buy from Badcock Home Furnishings again as it seems the stuff they sell is SUB-PAR and so is their customer service.

Original review: July 24, 2021

Went to the store and gave salesperson stock number from website. I was told that did not have one on display but they had one in the warehouse but they could not open the box but she would show me a few on the floor similar. I purchased with the finance company wanting to pay in 100 days. Bought for 399.00 but by time all add on it ended up over 700.00. Then they wouldn’t deliver til next week. The day they were suppose to deliver they called 3 times to change time. When they finally got there it was the wrong one. Over week before the right one came. Within 30 days I went out to tell them I wanted a different one. Upholstery made me itch. It’s been over a month since they said I would get a different one. Now the delivery has been changed again. The worse furniture store I have dealt with. If they bring the wrong one I’m canceling.

Original review: June 17, 2021

My wife and I purchased living room set, bedroom set and dinning set. After everything was delivered the bed frame literally fell apart. It took them about 6 months to come out (pandemic) which we completely understand. When they finally came out they didn't have all the parts and had to wait another month and they finally got it taken care of.

Fast forward this past week (6/7/21). The sofa couch started to rip. Right where the back cushions meet the back of the couch. Called the extended warranty and come to find out it does not cover this issue. After reviewing the T&C it's purely for accidents, normal wear and tear is not covered. So I spoke to the manager at the store where everything was purchased and she tried her hardest. The higher ups in Badcock confirmed the rips are not covered because when you sit back on the couch it will cause the cushions to rip. With a response like that they are aware the quality of their products are poor, and most likely aware they are defective.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We were shopping for a recliner. We found one that my husband liked at Badcock. Unfortunately, they only had the display model. My husband tried several times to talk them into letting him buy the display model but they were adamant that they could not sell it. So we paid for the recliner that they promised would be in within 30 days. When we called to ensure the recliner would be there the day before we were supposed to pick it up, the salesperson told us it didn't come in and wouldn't be in for several more weeks. When we went to the store to discuss it, we noticed the display recliner was missing. The saleslady said, "Guess someone sold it." We asked for a refund but they said since we paid for the chair with a check, they'll have to mail us a check. That made no sense because the check we wrote had cleared weeks prior. These people wasted our time and lied. We're just hoping to get a refund.

Original review: April 30, 2021

We purchased an electric reclining lift chair which was a medical necessity for a home bond relative. Within 3 to 4 months, the chair stopped working completely. When we called to report the problem to the store, it took them almost a week to come out. Instead of getting a new motor (which had burned out), they took a motor out of another chair and replaced it with that motor. During this wait period, our Aunt had to set in her wheelchair since she can't get up from any other chair. Within 6 months, the chair stopped working again and it took another week before the repair service came out again and they said the motor had burned out again and they would have to order another one. That was over 3 weeks ago and the chair has still not been repair. We were forced to purchase another lift chair from a "reputable" furniture store.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information