2.1/5 (455 ratings)

About Badcock Home Furniture and More

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We purchased a very large dining room set with extra chairs and within the first week, 4 ghost rings appear after we determine it was from cups of coffee and food placed on paper plates. Asked the company to stand behind their product and was told to hurry and buy a warranty on the table as it had only been a week and wait a month and turn it in on the claim, so basically file a false insurance claim for faulty workmanship. As if a table cannot handle heat transfer from food plates and coffee cups, it was not made to be a dinner table and just a very large decoration.

Original review: June 15, 2022

NEVER EVER BUY FURNITURE FROM BADCOCK, hence the word "bad". Jan 2022, bought a couch and 2 matching recliners. POS! Already had to have one recliner picked up and "serviced". Had a dip in seat after 2 months, and so they just stuffed it with padding, now it's like sitting on a booster seat.. Anyhow, then the threads are coming out on my couch, and they've yet to pick it up to "service" it. And as of 2 nights ago the other recliner just broke. My husband pulled the handle to recline it and you could literally hear the mechanisms breaking, smh.... Soooo, I get my paperwork out on the furniture, called the customer care number on it and of course they want to schedule a pick up to "service" it. I don't want this sorry mess serviced, I want them to pick it up and do you know what with it. Also in my warranty and insurance paperwork, there is a "Lemon Guarantee ".... Well I think I got 3 lemons, don't you?

But of course, they are very very sorry that I'm having this trouble and there's nothing they can do....I don't need sorry, I need them to step up and do good business. But that's ok, I will make sure to get the word out of how "sorry" they are about this. And in the meantime, I plan on calling their customer service A LOT until I get some kind of satisfaction. Wrong is wrong.... And I'm just getting started on getting some kinda action, because it makes me sick to my stomach to think that I will be paying $2,900.00 for this crap, that obviously will not even last until it gets paid off, HELL, all 3 pieces hadn't made it 6 months already!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2022

We were in need of a recliner as my husband just had shoulder surgery and I was scheduled for back surgery two weeks later. We thought that having a recliner that had lifted and had heat would be ideal. Badcock Furniture was the only furniture store that had a recliner that we could get the same day. We purchased the chair on 02/17/22. I had back surgery and returned home on 03/10/22. I came home only to find the chair would not work. My husband used it the night before and worked fine. I called the store and explained my situation. I was told they would be sending someone to fix it however it would be the next Wednesday (almost a week later).

I mentioned returning the chair but we would be charged roughly 200.00 for returning it. We decided to just have it fixed since we would have to only a week. They sent someone out but only to access the chair. We were told it needed a new motor and it would be about two weeks. They would have to go return to the store and speak with the manager to let him decide to repair the chair or give us a new one. I got a call the next day saying they would order the part. We have heard nothing so I called the Cookeville, TN store today where the chair was purchased but they couldn't give me any updates on the progress of the chair. I mentioned returning the chair since has not fixed and was told that was not possible. The store manager is off today and would have to call back tomorrow.

I feel Badcock Furniture has done nothing to resolve this issue. It has been extremely frustrating considering I purchased the chair to help with both my husband and my recovery and have not been able to use it during our recovery. I will never make another purchase from Badcock Furniture and I would encourage others not to purchase from this furniture store as well.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I purchased a washer and dryer as well as a freezer and Air Conditioner from Badcock Furniture. I made $1911 in payments for a $1646 account. They charge interest that is equal to a loan shark, and insurance fees not to mention the extended warranty. This warranty is not worth the paper it is written on as I called in 2021 when we had problems and was told to call the Warranty company only to find out the warranty company tell me I am out of Warranty. The employees lie through their crooked teeth. Our washer will wash on one set only and both make a loud racket.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Read Badcock response to a warranty claim. Due to chipping and peeling leather. Forget this sofa cost #1000. Unfortunately, cracking and peeling of leather is not covered under your extended service contract. Please review your contract, specifically the “What is not covered” section for further information. We apologize for the inconvenience; at this time, we have denied your claim.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Our local hometown Badcock was an afterthought but after the first visit we decided this is where we would buy. The sales staff was happy to leave us browse but quickly available for questions and answers. We were even referred to another "larger" location for more to see, feel and touch. We picked out what we wanted and returned to our store to buy. Great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Franklin NC. Purchased about $8000 worth of furniture. Had to pay in advance. After over a year about $800 of furniture has yet to be delivered. Talked to store manager and several excuses. 1. Came in damaged. 2. Their driver stole it. 3. Will have corporate issue you a refund check. 4. Store manager says, "I’m tired of dealing with it, talk to corporate." Called Corporate, after over 1 hour on hold customer service lady says she will talk to store manager and get back to me. After over a week I called corporate back to inquire. After on hold for over 1 hour rep says store manager has not returned her call.

After another week call customer service again, on hold for over one hour. Customer service says corporate issued a refund check to store in Franklin. Go by store, no check. Must have gotten lost. Called corporate. Again on hold for over an hour. Customer service says they will run a trace check and will call store in Franklin. Been over 3 months of calling corporate and corporate calling store in Franklin NC. Don’t purchase anything from Badcock Furniture. Worst company I’ve ever tried to do business with.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Purchased 2 Catnapper Recliner Chairs thru Badcock Furniture. Salesperson confirmed that they were real leather and not faux leather. First one started to peel while under warranty. They replaced it and we bought extended warranty. Second one started while out of warranty. Now the replaced chair is starting to peel. Neither Jackson nor Badcock will stand behind their product. Extended Warranty is useless. Would recommend all to stay away from Jackson & Badcock!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I purchased a new bed base, mattress and frame from Badcock Furniture in Titusville on 10-28-2021 which was delivered on 11-18-2021 at a cost of nearly $2,600. The base was suppose to have multiple features, one of which is USB ports under the head of the bed base. On day one the USB ports did not work. I called and they said their tech people were not qualified to work on the base because they are a newer model. They told me the manufacturer would have someone in the area to fix it on the sixth, and if they had time they would let me know and it would be fixed.

I never heard from them again so I called them today, 12-18-2021, and the person who answered the phone informed me that the base was only warrantied by the manufacturer and I would need to contact the manufacturer directly to get them to honor the warranty. He stated that the process would be the manufacturer would try to have me fix it myself and if I can't they would make arrangements to have it fixed. Like are they serious?

I am 66 years old and not in the best health. The chances of me crawling under this bed and working on the electrical components are absolutely zero! DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE BASES!!! Badcock shirks all responsibility after delivery. They sell the bed base and sell an extended warranty (I did not bite on that fortunately) but if something happens you have to do all the work yourself. Absolutely unacceptable. I will be contacting the better business bureau next, and an attorney if necessary. Either my bed base will work as expected or someone can come pick it up.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

We purchased a rug… a Christmas present for our daughter. At time of purchase we were told we couldn’t get the display rug as it wasn’t for sale that it would have to be ordered and could take 4-6 weeks. Ok not a problem. 2 weeks later we get a call to say that the manufacturer had discontinued this rug and we would have to go in to pick another one. I asked about the display rug and was told that was for another order. I asked them if the other order was placed after ours then we should have it not the people who ordered after. I told her that I needed to speak to my daughter and would call back and she said she would find out when the other order was placed and let me know when I called back.

I called back and was told the display model had been purchased 3 months ago. That’s not what they told us when we made our purchase. I told the representative I wanted a refund today and she told me she couldn’t do that, that it would be Monday (today is Friday)… I told her that it’s funny that my money was taken out of my account the same day as I purchased, but they can’t refund when the same day when it’s their fault. Then she told me that she wasn’t going to listen to me talk to her that way… I was a little mad but said nothing that I don’t believe anyone else would have said…Then she hung up on me. I have been on hold with their customer care line for over an hour and still waiting to speak with someone. I will not be purchasing anything else from this Company.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information