1.15/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

212 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The Badcock in New Bern NC gave us a 4000$ credit limit with no interest for 24 months. When our bill arrived we were charged interest. We called to question this and we were told "our salesman was new and didn't understand. He explained we did qualify for the 4000 loan but not for the 24 months interest free". This is a total scam. I know my family and friends will now stay clear from this store.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Two positions beds, the delivery dispose few parts without tell me, only have one technician to check all the complaints. Be prepared to wait for a least one month. A hole in one mattress two months old. Waiting for new one month and half. Give you the date of delivery and never show in 3 ocasión. And now the company decide to raise the interest in your contract and if you don’t liked... they treat you with don’t let you buy on credit in the store again.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set in June 2018. It’s now August 2018. I still haven’t received a non-damaged or malfunctioning set. They’ve came to bring me a new set 5 different times. The first visit they brought my set and all of it was damaged or had some kind of defect. They came back to replace my nightstand which showed up having missing pieces. Second time they had to replace my dresser which originally showed up with a dent, chips, scratches and a strange problem with the drawer knobs being uneven going in a diagonal way with one knob on top the other below it.

They came back a third time with a new dresser that was spray painted and had globs of paint everywhere. So they came back with another dresser but that was damaged with dents. I finally got my dresser on the fourth visit. But they still have yet to resolve my bed issue. The footboard sticks out like a soar thumb 4.5 inches away from the mattress. The mattress is too short and doesn’t measure out to be what the tag says it is. So they came back AGAIN to replace the mattress which ended up being the same size so now I’m stuck with a strange looking bed that corporate still refuses to fix.

Also, before I even signed a “contract” (which I never was handed a contract or even got to read it) I asked about their APR rates. I was told 0% interest for my first year which later I found that wasn’t the case and that I was being charged at a 23.9% rate which they claim they can’t fix since I sign a contract (which I never did nor was I aware that’s what my signature was for). Still haven’t gotten it resolved. Have now reached the corporate supervisor's boss. Waiting to hear back... Ugh I've got a headache... Probably going to consult a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This company does not honor their word. They make up rules/policies as they go. Our issue with Badcock started in May of 2018 when we filed a Warranty Claim on our sofa and love seat. The seams of the seats on 4 sections were opening up and springs are popping out. After someone came out and assessed our furniture, we were told parts would be mailed to us in 2-3 weeks and to call 4warranty to set up a time to come back out and fix it. We waited 6 weeks and I called 4warranty who told me they were waiting on Fast Furniture repair to turn in the order. I was told to call them. I called them and was told, they turned it in and I need to call 4warranty back and tell them to find it. I called 4warranty back and spoke with another lady. She said they couldn't find it and I needed to call 1800Badcock.

So I called them, was told they would check it out. A few days later I was contacted by 4warranty to inform me that my love seat is not covered. I told them it was and it had been included this entire time. So i called 1800badcock back and was informed that it is indeed covered. I was told to call 4warranty back and tell them it was covered. After i made it clear that it was pointless for me to call them and tell them, the gentleman got permission from a supervisor to call them and inform them. I was then told they are still trying to find the lost work order form. So i waited another week after being told i would be contacted in 24 hours. I then called 1800badcock and asked for an update and was told that the claim was just approved the day before and to contact the store to set up delivery. I called store and was told they havent received the claim yet.

Steve informed me, he would call when he got it. He called me on 2 days later to let me know he got the claims but that we needed to come in for him to process it. We get there and he had left early as usual (as we were told by the employees). They could only find one claim and they had no idea why we were needed in store for the exchange order. We were also informed at this time that they no longer make the exact sofa and love seat that we have. We were told that they discontinued the one we had because of issues with it and they came out with a better quality one that was exact same everything except middle console on the sofa. Told them that was fine, no big deal. So we left and was told he would call us the next day about the missing claim. He calls the next day and tells me he found it and to come back in.

I go back to the store and he said he has it and it will be there Monday. We view the different one and just as we were told, it is the exact same set except it is made by a different company. Same color, Same features (minus the sofa console), same material. I call on Tuesday to see if our set arrived as I didn't hear anything the day before. Shannon answers and informs me that it is showing that Steve never ordered it. She tells me she is placing the order then. She calls me back 4 mins later and lets me know it will be there the following Monday. Monday, I call and a lady says it isn't there and she would have Steve call me back. Steve calls back and tells me the sofa is there but he has no idea why the loveseat is not there. Said he would check into it & call me back. He calls back and says he will get it ordered and he inst sure whats up with it but it will be there Thurs.

He calls 10 mins later to tell me that they are both there and I could come pick them up and pay the $204. I asked what for and he stated it was the difference in prices in the two sets. I contacted 1800 customer service and more asking why I am paying the difference for same item when my info on my warranty and on their website states like kind item. "On approved claims the plan includes: free parts & labor from date of delivery, in-home nationwide service, no deductible, and replacement of like kind product when affected item can't be repaired." I was informed today that $120 is the new warranty was on there but the rest is the difference I must pay to pick it up.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Never Again. I had my reservations with Badcock from the horror stories that I have heard, but I opened an account with them in June of 2018. When I opened an account, I had the full amount for the couch and the Table that my fiancée and I purchased with an APR% account and $150/mon payments. In July, we decided that we would pay $1,000 (a thousand) for the first payment, because we could afford it at the time. We received a statement for August stating that we now owed $150 for August and that we would be late after August 5. Our car caught on fire July 22, and we had to buy a new one on July 24, then put in the shop Aug 6, and just pulled it out – it set us back overall, about $10,000 and some change.

I called Badcock to explain everything (Kaitlyn of Altantic Blvd store in Jakcsonville, Fl), and they explained that there was nothing that they could really do. They explained they don’t accept prepayments so everything went to the principal. I explained that although I understand that – many people try to pay off early, so that they don’t have to pay as long or as much – that we had an emergency come up and wanted to know why I would still be charged a late fee when I clearly had the money to pay 5 times the amount in one statement before? Not only did she say they couldn’t do anything about the due date, she implied that it was our fault for paying extra because we “should have” asked when we came into the store to pay. (Although she explained how we HAD to have come in and paid the statements that reflected on her end, we paid online. I do everything online. And she had to correct herself after I pointed that out.)

I ended up having to call corporate, where a very nice lady was able to push the date back to the next month, but still insisted that was how the company did business. I’ve been with several companies, and I’ve had companies apply back the principal APR% I wouldn’t needed to pay (after paying off more than the monthly balance, but having an emergency come up) WITHOUT damaging my credit OR risking a late fee. After I pay off this balance, I’m never doing business with this company again. Besides the lady in corporate, they ONLY care about your payment – not if you’ve paid extra, if you need a little help after you’ve paid 5 times the amount, and even if you understand that some of the original principal/APR% would be applied back to have it pushed back – like other companies that I have worked with.

Please, please, please, shop around! We spent 4 hours visiting different furniture stores and found a couch and table we really liked at Badcock, which is why we went with them in the first place. We even mentioned to the lady when we set up our account that we could pay the full amount (we were only going to get the couch, and I paid full cash $10,000 on my car, which is what drained me this month). I feel like another company would have appreciated my business more in the respect that they would have worked with me more upon explaining my situation. However, I am thankful for the ONE receptionist we called from “corporate” (online phone number, so probably one of their inbound sales agent).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Brought an dining room set and one of the chair seems as if it was eaten by termites. It's been over a month and they tell us that we have to wait 6 more weeks to have the item fixed. We've noticed that they have the same set in the store but would not replace the item. When speaking to customer service I felt so disrespect. I will not shop at Badcock ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I bought 2 sofas, 1 stove and a queen mattress. The sales person tried to sell an extended and all risk warranty to me. I normally do not purchase this but my girlfriend insisted I buy it. I bought all of this about 2 years ago. A few weeks ago while out of town my neighbors were watching my house for me and one day some stray cats got into my house and they could not get them out for a couple of days. While in the house they clawed up both of my sofas. I called today regarding the extended warranty and was told "pet" damage was not covered. These are not pets!! They are stray cats and they got into my house. DO NOT buy the warranty from Badcock. Like other places, they will not cover items they said were covered. I will never do business with them again!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Made a payment of 170.00. The clerk in Brandon, miskeyed and put 760.00 in. It took 1 month for them to get it straight. Then the next 2 bills I received, still had the 760.00 in the balance. I have called and spoke with Stephanie at the Bartow office, she said it was straightened out last month. I get a new bill and they have not deducted the 760.00 + the over finance charges again. I called and continue to get the runaround. Now, someone named Abby says the manager has to ok it. It is bs, they are not the most competent people to work with or this wouldn't continue. I would not buy another thing from, I have been with them for years, they are a very poor excuse for a business. They are at fault, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, ever.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We paid $1,095 for a Bonded Leather Couch Set with electronic recliners when we bought our new home in Boca about 3 years ago. Recently the "leather" started peeling on the couches so we researched bonded leather and found out that "bonded" leather contains only 10% leather and the rest is other cheap synthetic material. We feel duped and ripped off. Any store that sells this cheap material cannot be trusted!!! We now have to throw these couches away so we basically wasted a thousand dollars.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My lawnmower was purchased nearly 2 years WITH a warranty. The equipment failed within the warranty date so I filed a claim on a Thursday. I was told by the warranty department that the claim takes about 2 days to complete and I would be issued either a store credit, check, or new lawnmower. It's now Tuesday and I called to check on the status of my claim and still didn't get anywhere. Both the customer service reps in the warranty department as well as the store located on Augusta Rd in Greenville, SC (Jessica from Greenville) are rude and not helpful at all. I purchased the plan for events such as this and should be able to replace my equipment timely just like you all want payments timely. I am very disappointed with the service that was given and probably will not purchase anything else from this business.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My wife dealt with Barbara ** (Oxford Alabama Badcock), was told we could pick up furniture 5 days later. When I go to pick up she had scheduled it for 12 days later. Store manager Chris ** had a don't care attitude when we canceled the order. He refused to give me his boss' phone number. These 2 are terrible. Stay away!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Bought sectional sofa started coming apart structurally. Had metal sticking out back and under cushion. Bought 2 sets bunk beds wooden rails cracked. Been over 2-1/2 months dealing with Badcock and warranty service! Finally replacement stuff came in Badcock showed up after 830 at night to replace stuff. Did not leave anything. The broken bunk bed part were in garage. Have no power to garage. They used flashlight on phone and didn’t get broken parts. Spent most of time in their truck. Refused to unload replacement sofa then told store manager lie saying we threw away the bunk bed parts. I had to call both corporate office and store. Next delivery is over a week away. When I get this issue resolved with Badcock I will never use or recommend them to anyone. Extremely disappointed and disgusted with them and their product and service.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Badcock Home Furniture & More (Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL) is an excellent furniture store and more! I rate it best for customer service, cleanliness and quality. The entire staff that I interacted with was welcoming, personable, very polite, dependable and prompt. Don ** (the assistant manager) and Ms. ** were extremely helpful, reasonable, and polite while helping me. They actually made my day. I walked in that store with a lot on my mind and God placed these two angels before me. Ms. ** was a sweetheart. She was very knowledgeable when it came to the furniture and sales. She helped me remain in my price range. Also, she never grew weary or impatient with me. The assistant manager Don worked with Ms. ** and I. He made sure I was taken care of and made my load a lot lighter than what I anticipated.

Lord knows when I walked in there I didn’t think I would be leaving being able to get everything I needed. Don made sure I got what I needed and more. He was amazing. The entire staff was pleasant. There was another young lady there but I didn’t catch her name. She didn’t help with my purchase but she made friendly conversation with my sister and me as we waited. The young man behind the counter didn’t talk much but he smiled and made friendly gestures. While being there, I noticed how attentive they all were when customers walked in. They make you feel like you’re being welcomed into a home. I was quite taken with the great customer service, cleanliness and excellent quality of this store. I walked out of this store feeling so blessed and I will be forever grateful for all they did to help me! Kudos to Don and his staff!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I called Badcock Furniture in Pompano Beach, FL regarding my next payment due. The company debits my account every month on the 8th. I called and spoke to John. I asked that they please debit my checking account on the 11th. I was told it wouldn't be a problem. The money was pending in my account on the 8th! Pending is the same as taking it. I got 6 NSF fees because of this. I've called the store, customer service, and filed a complaint with BBB. I am out of $216.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Badcock in Florence Alabama. I purchased a mattress, seemed as if everything was fine until I received my first bill which to my surprise was significantly more than my contract. I contact the store and the manager apologized saying they had put the wrong price on the type I purchased so they had redone my contract and I would need to come by to sign. I was given a date when it would be delivered and it never showed up so I phoned the store to see what the problem was, was told they forgot to order it. So I had to wait another 6 days again given a date a time. 3 hours after the time I was given I call and was told the delivery crew had left, the manager brought it himself on his way home and I had to help unload it and put it on the bed, I have a bad neck and back from a wreck where I was hit head on by drunken driver and I explained this to him.

Next I was told I would get a refund for delivery fee which never happened even after contacting home office and they in turn had to contact the owner of that store and I would be called back. It never happened and never did receive my discount. Found out the mattress set actually came off the floor so I had them to come get it and returned it... but now I am paying for the delivery fee 2 times once for delivery and once for pick up which took me 4 days before I could get them to come get it. Also they charged me a huge late fee which increased my interest and I am paying a bill of $400.00 for getting absolutely nothing and if I don't pay guess what? It damages my credit. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2018

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I thought I was saving myself from all the hassle of ordering online buying local. Wrong. I purchased a dining set that I was told had been returned. Had a few scratches. One chair had to be repaired. It was also discontinued. For the price, I thought why not, has to be a deal. NOT. So a week later it finally arrives and it's not here 5 minutes before a leg completely snaps off from scooting it over like an inch. Not to another room. Literally barely moved it. I get told it takes 2 people to move a table, any table like that is going to break if not. No understanding from the manager that it broke, didn't want to take it back.

On top of that. It's a 20% fee to send it back. On top of delivery. Which the lady made sure to mention more than once that I got a break on since it's 49 for one item and 99 for more than one. I'm sorry but it's a set that took you less than 10 minutes to deliver and pick up. It's not heavy. Already assembled. I paid 49 to deliver. 99 for them to come pick it up. 600 total and I get 400 back. I thought I was getting a deal. Now I've wasted 200 and had to deal with the least customer service friendly manager I've ever met. NEVER AGAIN. Please don't shop here. You might as well go to Wal-mart and build it yourself. I wish I had read the reviews.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been a customer of Badcock for 4yrs or more. My payments are due the 5th of every month, this month I paid on the 9th. When I got paid I called it in on my debit card as I always have and got a confirmation # and it showed it posted on my bank statement online. Today I went to check my account to see how much money I had and I noticed I was in the negative. After reviewing it and calling my bank I learned that Badcock had processed my payment I made on March 9th on March 20th! 2 weeks later.

I called the home office and a rep told me that anyone who made a payment on March 9th payments did not process through because of a flaw in "their system" and was sent back to the customer account!! Not only did they NOT call or send out a letter within the 2 weeks of reprocessing. They aren't even taking responsibility of over drafting their customers' accounts or notifying them on the careless error on their end. I was told that I could possibly be reimbursed for bank charges which would take weeks or months. I am furious... They don't hesitate to call if you are one day late for a payment, but had plenty of time to contact their customers of something this big and yes it's big because not only myself but I'm sure other customers are now in negative for their mistake!!!

Original review: March 18, 2018

Paid $1500 for 2 recliners with each repaired once, again making loud popping sound as they had previously so evidently not repaired correctly and while still in warranty said they had no one to repair them now and would replace but I had to pay $250 for delivery!! I only paid $99 for original delivery! Poor quality merchandise, poor repair service and very poor customer service!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I felt you couldn't browse the store. My friend was looking to buy bedroom furniture and we also wanted to browse, but we were rushed to checkout. One of the female staff assisting our sales person (Taylor) with questions spoke aggressively to me when I asked how much was the protection plan. Again I was with my friend who added a chair as a gift for me in which I've since asked him to remove from order. I will never purchase from this company!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I applied for financing from this company one year ago. They approved me for a $3,000 credit line. I made payments for 12 months, of $160 a month. I never missed a payment, I was never late on any payments. Today I went into the store to purchase an additional item, with a value of $199. According to my latest statement, my available credit balance was over $1,000. When I tried to purchase this piece of furniture I was told that since it had been a year since I opened the account, I would need to update all of my information. I filled out the form, and waited. Nearly 45 minutes later I was called up to the desk and told that due to "new financing rules" I had been DEMOTED and my credit line reduced to $750. They then told me that as a result I was NEGATIVE $2000 in credit and could not purchase the $199 item. Badcock can kiss my ** now and hold their breath for any further business from me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am writing this review because my son is trying to establish credit. He went to Badcock to purchase him a bedroom suite. He hasn't had this bedroom suite but about 4 months & the platform broke on the bed. He called Badcock & they sent someone out to repair it. Nothing was done. He called the store which is in Laurens S.C. & a claim was also filed. He was advised that there is nothing they could do due to they considered the bed to be abused. My son doesn't weigh 125 pounds soak and wet. I don't care if he weighed 500lbs nothing should be broken within less than 4 months & they say there is nothing they will be able to do. So I see why no credit is refused bc this company is a sham. Please take your hard earned dollars elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

There’s not enough characters to share exactly why this place will NEVER receive business from me again. Long story short: Bought a furniture set... bought insurance but was not told that not having the furniture delivered would leave us without help if the furniture happened to be defected. So, not expecting to receive broken furniture & with having the insurance, we didn’t pay extra for delivery since we had a truck at the time. First set— would not recline... after days of arguing with managers & even calling corporate, we loaded up the couch & took it back for another couch.

Second set— leans TERRIBLY to the right when reclined & the arms of the chairs won’t stay in securely. I haven’t called about it— why? Because I’m 36 weeks pregnant & don’t feel like trying to find the transportation or help to get the couch BACK to Badcock to receive another one that may not work either. And I honestly don’t want to fuss with anyone about their TERRIBLE, AWFUL, HORRIBLE quality furniture... BAD furniture. BAD customer service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Me and my wife got a living room set delivered and one part of the sectional was missing. They offered to follow up with me and deliver it the following week. After me placing several phone calls they to realized that they failed to do their due diligence and never ordered the missing piece. It's now the second week and although they offered to deliver it by this Wednesday, I was told that it will be this Friday.

I perfectly understand that a part could be missing and strive to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to cope with their lack of communication. I went ahead and purchased an extended warranty with them and my concern is having to face the same type of service in times of need. Not to mention that when we both asked for how long we will have to make the monthly payments, the lady assisting us stated "give them a call so that they can tell you".

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I just purchased a loveseat on October 19th, tried returning it, was told they don't accept returns. "Okay so if I don't pay my bill, you'll come repo it..." NOPE. THEY NO LONGER REPO ANYTHING. "UHHHHH... so you're telling me if I can no longer pay my bill, you're NOT going to come get a loveseat I got from there," NOPE. They tried returning it, you don't want it back, this is insane. So if someone dies, who pays their bill???

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Called for warranty service, it took 30 days to get them to my house due to my ZIP Code. When Serviceman arrived it took 10 days later for part to be ordered. Nine being told 2 to 3 weeks for part to come in and it will be shipped to the store and I have to go to the store and get the part and then I have to call for another service call for repairman to install the part. This service request is pushing 60 days now with no help from local management or local store.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Buyer Beware!!! I have been laid off to write this review, but I can't hold off any longer. This company does not provide good customer service, nor does it live up to its warranty. Needless to say I bought a bed for my kids with warranty and the first time I called I was told the part that was broken was not covered. Associate informed me that the part could not be ordered, but would speak to management because they had the part I needed in the back. I never got a return phone call. I called back a week later to get the measurement of the bed and although I received the information, was told to hold off on buying what I needed because they wanted to have management call about replacing the part.

Another week past with no phone call from anyone. The next time I called before I could finish telling the associate what was wrong, they stopped me and told me that my issue wasn't covered. After I pressed on about the issue I was put on the list for someone to come out and fix my problem. The day that someone was supposed to come, NO ONE CAME! Called back to find out they had put me down, but no one confirmed my appointment. When they finally came, the parts they had were not what they needed to fix my problem. I was told the parts had to be ordered, to this day NO ONE HAS YET TO CALL ME! This company is not a good place to spend your money and their slogan BADCOCK and More Makes It Easy is a complete utter LIE!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Bought 2 swivel rocker recliners. 1 was ok although the vinyl on the side is cracking. The other never sat right and the vinyl on the inside is tearing. Took that one back to the store for repair and was told they ordered a part. 3 weeks later the part had not come in from Best Home Furnishing in Indiana. They (Badcock) gave a replacement chair and now am having same problem from new chair. Best Home Furnishing has terrible rating with BBB so do not think I will buy anything from that store again ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

NEVER order from them... I don't care how beautiful the furniture is the delivery process is a straight piece of **! It took three whole weeks to get my bed set and when they finally get here there are pieces that's missing... Horrible horrible horrible!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought so-called leather recliner and couch spending over $1700. The couch and chair started flaking around the two year mark. I was told it was leather where the body touches. Liars. Will not ever buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Badcock delivered a new dryer, yesterday. It was broken. They will not fix it. My daughter opened a new account. She is in her 20s. The store owner, refused to fix it and said if she returns it. He will destroy her credit. She paid 100.00 to have it delivered. The dryer is 700.00. We don't know what to do. She bought a warranty and when you call the phone number to Whirlpool. The man from some other country, told to unplug it. And replug it. He then hung up.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information