Badcock Home Furniture and More

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased two recliners and a queen bed set through Badcock on December 6th 2016. In February one of my recliners broke. I called to have it fixed. They came picked up. They kept it one day claiming it was infested with bugs. I don't have bugs in my home. Now my other recliner is messed up. I pay $100 a month with insurance and a warranty. They refuse to work on my chairs. DON'T GO WITH BADCOCK FOR ANYTHING.

If you buy an extended warranty for furniture you better read the contract first. I have an extended warranty for my recliner. My stuffing in the chair is shifted so it is very uncomfortable to sit in. My back hurts after sitting in the chair for any length of time. Of course that is not covered under the extended warranty. I am 73 years old living on small social security check and cannot afford a new chair.

Sofa less than 4 years old and the material began to crack disintegrate. The sofa has been hardly used. The sofa was not cheap as it was $2,000 with the loveseat. Company would do nothing to help us. Shame on you Badcock... I hope the day comes soon when you close your doors... FOR GOOD!

I purchased my dryer June 19, 2015. April 2017 it stopped working. I called Badcock and they gave me the warranty co number. They asked for the number on the dryer. I gave it to them but it didn't match with the number Badcock gave them. Long story short that conversation started on 4/25/17 and my dryer just got fixed today 5/16/17. Their service sucked. One kept blaming the other. I will never purchase anything else again!!!

My mom got a lift chair from there. It started acting up so they swapped it out with a mother chair. Shortly after this chair arrived she started noticing little tiny bugs. She called the exterminator and had him come spray. She still saw them. After 2 months I finally check the chair and it is infested with bedbugs. I called the store. They tell me to call corporate which I did. They said to send pics and they call me back in two day.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Andrew (sales mgr) of Badcock Columbia, TN was very unhelpful, unprofessional and unpleasant and constantly lied through his teeth. I scheduled delivery of my furniture (a week after I purchased it) on a Monday after 4pm. I requested the last available delivery appointment because I worked out of town. A delivery date and time was scheduled and confirmed on the day before by Andrew. On the day my furniture was set to be delivered, the delivery men called at 12:30pm stating that they were on their way to deliver my furniture. THREE HOURS EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED! I advised them that they were early and that I worked out of town but I would leave work early and meet them at my home at 2pm. This was confirmed and agreed upon.

So I am home waiting on my furniture to be delivered when I receive a call from Andrew at 2:30pm. Andrew has now decided on the day of delivery, AFTER I have left work early to meet them that it was now policy that they do not promise a definite delivery time and therefore the delivery could not be made and would have to be rescheduled for yet another date and delivery window. I am pissed! Andrew lied and did nothing to try to satisfy the customer. I requested to speak with a manager and he told me to call the 1-800 number but they were not going to do anything but transfer me back to him. Rent-A-Center has better customer service. Never again will I do business with this company.

The store on memorial hwy in tampa is the worst store I have ever bought from. To begin with they couldn't get the delivery to happen. They rescheduled my delivery THREE times, and have no idea what they are doing. I canceled my order and requested a refund due to the fact they don't know how to work and they are trying to short my refund for free. They did absolutely nothing but mess up my order three times. They are morons and the store should be shut down. The manager is another idiot that doesn't know anything either. Buyer beware. Do not go to this store!!!

I got a new bedroom suite, a entertainment center delivered. The entertainment center was damaged out the box. The guys suggested they leave it while a new one came. A week later they called and said they had my new one. They got here and had the wrong piece. They have still not made it right. I will never buy from them again!

We purchased a bedroom and dining table and chairs from Badcock. In the store the sales people could not be any nicer, promising if we were not satisfied they would replace anything. We purchased a pillow top mattress, which the salesman recommended personally saying he had the same one and it was wonderful. We laid down and it felt comfortable in the store, so we purchased it. A month later, when my husband who weighs less than 150 pounds got up, I made the bed and an hour later there was still an indention in the mattress as if he had just gotten out of bed. I checked again in 3 hours and still the same thing. I have relatives who have pillow top mattresses, not from Badcock but high-end stores and they DO NOT have this problem with theirs.

I went in the store here in Tallahassee to make a payment and spoke with the salesman who we dealt with and he said he would have someone contact us and replace it. We never heard a word. We have called 3-4 times about this issue. My husband is now out of work and I lost my job also. We contacted the store about the mattress and they told us that because we are delinquent they will not do anything about the mattress until we pay the account current. I called to make a small payment. All we can afford and they refused anything except the minimum due, which we don't have, and I explained the situation to the person I spoke with. He would not take anything but minimum. I told him we would contact an attorney to see if that was legal. I think Badcock should stand behind what a consumer buys from them, regardless of the situation.

We took the table and chairs even though the table was deeply scratched when it was delivered and never complained, and the dresser with the bedroom suit was also scratched, but I was able to repair it, without their help. As soon as we get the money we are going to pay them off, and I intend to hire someone to take the mattresses we purchased from Badcock out to their store and put them at the front door. I will never purchase anything from them again and will make sure I tell anyone else who I hear talking about purchasing from them about our experience. They say SERVICE is their forte. Well they need to rethink that because it should be NON-SERVICE is their forte. Once you sign your name, they forget you. This has been going on for two years now and I just felt other people should be aware of how they treat people.

Didn't seem to care if you purchased anything or not. Delivery refused to carrier old side. I am disabled and have to pay someone to do this and anything that involves moving and lifting plus a lot more. This is not good customer service or customer satisfaction. I've purchased from them for 10 years, not anymore. They lost this cash customer for good... Very BAD sales people and very bad delivery people.

Received my Alexandria bedroom set by delivery. The appearance of the workers was horrible, I should have knew then. My bed split within a few weeks. They left a scratch in my new home then lied. Took 2 weeks to get another rail. They bought me plywood to use... Plywood. Then I order again. I move furniture around and call an hour ahead and they never show. The DELIVERY MANAGER hangs up after he gets tired of hearing my complaint. So my kids have no beds and etc. I will NEVER, EVER, HAVE THEM IN MY HOME NOR SPEND MY MONEY WITH THEM.

My fiance and I needed a new bed so we went to Badcock and got a bed with the box springs and bed our payments were only 50.00$. It was in our budget. They worked with us. It was great. Fast forward we came back in before Christmas and got a bedroom set and a desktop. There was nothing but problems and dissatisfaction with the bedroom set. The guy when I called said to do a return (we hadn't had the set for a month. Didn't even get to make the first payment). Said it would count as a repo and they'd take our bed as well which we have paid on for months.

We talked to the owner and returned the bedroom set. Kept the desktop. He said our payments would be 100 a month but a one time fee of 180.00 and we paid it. Next month a bill for 180 comes in the mail. He claimed he couldn't change it and we need to pay it again so we did. Now I got a bill 192 in the mail. I am furious and will NEVER do business with Badcock ever again! And the store we went through is privately owned. We are terribly frustrated.

My husband and I bought a sofa, loveseat and a recliner a few years ago. About a year later we purchased another recliner to match. We are seniors with no young children and no pets on furniture. Within 3 years the fabric (which is polyester to look like leather) started peeling. We spent over $3000.00 on this furniture and the only pieces that really got used were the 2 recliners. They did replace one recliner which we had only had 1 year as the peeling was so bad. Then when the new recliner started to peel they refused to replace, now the sofa and loveseat have started to peel. So here we are stuck with trashy furniture and out at least $3,500.00. The people at the FL store are great. They tried to provide us the best customer service, it was headquarters that refused to take care of this problem.

Purchased living room set 10/23/15. Delivered 10/30/15 with rip in fabric on right end of sofa. Told they would just send an exchange full sofa. Sofa arrived and delivery guy refused to get entire sofa out of truck because it was "a pain". Unscrewed damaged piece and screwed new piece onto new sofa. Now the fill in all the arms is so matted you have to use a throw pillow under arms or you can feel wood jabbing thru. Am still making timely payments and still owe $1,800. Have spoken to corporate numerous times who have told me the insurance, the extended warranty, nor the company will do anything. Have now filed with BBB and next will go to media.

My husband and I purchased a computer desk, filing cabinet, bookcase and credenza with desk hutch. The furniture came scratched except for the desk. We paid for the furniture protection on all the furniture, thinking we were going to get a real repair man, but they send out the moving guys. The Conway store is not worth buying product from.

A few years ago I bought a full bedroom set from Badcock Furniture in Greenville,NC. While I was home doing the initial setup two of the handles on the dresser broke, which upon reflection shouldn't have been a big surprise since they are all made of cast pot metal. The main reason they broke off was due to the central guides under the drawers being already splintered, causing the drawers to stick, which has been a chronic problem. Several days later when the smooth part of my belt rubbed against the foot of the bed it exposed the fact that the bed isn't even made of wood, but rather some white, chalky material that may or may not be plastic.

Fast forward to a few days ago. I go to open the bottom drawer, and now the drawer reeeally stuck, as in the handles broke again, and I almost caused the television atop the drawer to fall on me while trying to wiggle and pry the drawer open. I finally took the drawer above it out, ripped out the super-cheap cardboard crap separating the drawers, and got my clothes out. When I got home later I decided to take a good look at the dresser, and took it apart. I still cannot believe how pathetically cheap the materials and workmanship (I use that word VERY loosely) are.

Upon inspection I found out one drawer that has been giving me such a hard time had the central guide rail cut too short, as in it is impossible for the screws (the screws are the ONLY PARTS of this piece of crap that aren't substandard) to hold it in place, as in the rail has essentially just been laying in the drawer sideways all this time. Another guide rail is splintered in the front, causing that drawer to also move sideways and not close properly. Probably the most galling thing is that shafts that's supposed to hold the drawers in the center are made of ungodly soft wood (if there is a wood softer than balsa, this is indeed it), and there are many splinters. The only moving parts that rub against each other are made of the cheapest, softest wood I've ever seen. I wouldn't use that crap to build a birdhouse.

The wood blocks used to stop the drawer in the back were STAPLED on, and three of them were loose or had come completely off (ANOTHER cause of a stuck drawer). Of all the things I've ever bought in my entire life, I've never been more dissatisfied with a purchase. While I'm still nowhere near being an expert on furniture, I will know next time I buy furniture to take a better look at it first.

BTW: I went back to the store and shared my experience with an employee, and while there checked out the furniture on the sales floor, and most of it appears to be made by the same clowns that made mine, with the same sorry materials. If the majority of the furniture they've been selling over the years is the same "quality" as the crap I got sot with, maybe a class action suit is in order.

I went into the new Badcock in Laurens SC on 11-26-2016. They were having a black Friday Sale. Picked out a new sectional. The sales girl was great. After all paperwork was signed I was informed it was not in stock and I would have to wait until Dec 1 thru at the latest the 6th for delivery. On the 8th I called to find out why I had not received my furniture, was told then it is on back order until the 16th. I ask, "Don't y'all think you should have called me?" Their reply was, "Oh we thought someone did." On the 15th I received a call the sectional was in but was damaged, but they would delivery it and order a new piece. I was in the area stopped by the store to check out the damage, and discuss the fact that I did not want to be stuck with broke merchandise. I ask to speak with the manager who avoided me and only spoke to sales agent and walked away.

I was assured the new piece would be out and given the approximate date. I was told they would deliver the next day. When I explained I have to work and wanted delivery on Saturday the delivery guy threw a fit, but I insisted and was told they would call to set up appointment. I never received the call, on Saturday morning at around 10 am I called to ask about delivery and was told, "He should be there any minute." I placed a complaint call to their toll free number I found online and before I could hang up he pulled in the yard no warning or anything. (What happened to setting an appointment time?)

So finally it is delivered with the promise of the replacement being on order. (The damage is to the wood in the back of reclining sectional, and cannot be seen.) So few weeks later I get a call. The new piece is in so we set up delivery. I was working so had someone meet them, this was right before Christmas. I get home that evening to find 1 of the recliners will not fold in. I immediately call the store and was told they would have someone get in touch with me about fixing or swapping it out. I have called 3 more times to be given excuses every time, no one will return my calls.

Now my payment was due on the 13th so I will see how long it takes them to call me back. Almost $1500 for a sectional and they will not fix what was broken when delivered!!! This looks terrible since the recliner on 1 end will not stay closed. I could not really decorate or prepare as usual for Christmas due to delay of furniture being delivered and did not want the tree and such to be in the way. Then when I finally receive the replacement part I had to have visitors in my home thru Christmas and New Years with a broke down junky looking sectional because it does not operate! WE are 2 days short of being a 3 month process and I still do not have a functioning sectional in my home, instead I have a piece of crap that people ask every time they visit why it has not been replaced. This place is a rip off and I would not advise anyone do business with them.

I had purchased a king size pillow top mattress and in less than 2 years the mattress developed large indentations in the area that my wife and I lay. The springs seem like they collapsed causing serious back pain. The indentations are over 2 inches!!! (Confirmed and checked by Badcock). My mattress was covered with a protection bed spread to avoid stains, hair, etc on delivery, but the manager said the bed warranty is void due to the pictures they took showed stains, which is a lie, there are no stains, even if there were stains, what does that have to do with Badcock selling me a defective mattress. No problem, they lost a loyal customer, and now I'm wise enough to know to stay away and to never do business with BADCOCK again!

I ordered a bed and washer and dryer and was told I could pick them up in Mulberry. I used my rented U-Haul to drive there spending extra money on mileage only to get home and find out the mattress was not there. I called the store and was told the order was closed out and I would need to wait until Monday. I call on Tuesday and find out the order was not closed out but that they didn't have the mattress in stock. Meanwhile I have the box spring and am sleeping on the floor. A week later I'm told they won't have the mattress until 4 days later and I would have to wait another 3 for delivery or I could pick it up which would mean renting another truck. I'm very dissatisfied and after my items are paid for I will never do business with them again. The sales person was very unempathetic and didn't even apologize.

I purchased a bedroom suite for $2,600. The quality is awful! Seems to be made from pressboard and was already damaged with scratches and cuts when delivered. My nightstand had to be exchanged and I was given a marker to color in the other smaller nicks and scratches. They reported inaccurate late payments to the credit bureau. When I called in to have it corrected, they were first very rude, and I was told that they don't report by your due date but by your cycle date. The only date I was provided was the due date, being the 5th of each month. I'm NOT mistaken that late payments are reported only when paid more than 30 days beyond your DUE date. It seemed as though they were already "trained" to say no without looking into the account to find their mistake.

The sad part is that I paid more than the minimum payment when it was reported late. I felt as though I was judged, stereotype. I'd already been discriminated against before I ever called in. I was in process of purchasing a home and it hurt me and my credit score! Needless to say, I was told that they would not be correcting it. By far, this is the absolute worst company I have ever encountered!

I purchased a Jamison 5PC Dinette Set from Badcock on 11/5/16. ON 11/12/16 it was delivered to my home. All seemed perfect. On 11/24/16 (less than 2 weeks later), a warm aluminum pan (the type you buy for 50 cent at any store) was placed on the glass table top and a whole chunk of the glass bevel top fell off. I called Badcock and was told by customer service they wouldn't replace it because it was not a manufacturer's defect so it was not covered by the 1 yr manufacturer's warranty.

Then I was told that the insurance I purchased did not cover it as they did not cover broken glass. They told me they would give me a $14.50 credit (best they could do) so I could purchase a new table top. So not only did I spend hundreds of dollars on a table that I did not get full and proper use of but now I have to spend an extra $60 to buy a new table top and get this, $50 for them to deliver it to me. Unbelievable.

I have never bought anything from Badcock before and I will after this NEVER buy anything from them again. I told this to customer service but it didn't seem to sway them in resolving the situation more favorably for me. I am really disappointed. I have reached out to the manufacturer (Cramco) directly but not sure if that will amount to anything as on their website they say if you need help with warranty or replacement parts contact local dealer. Local dealer (Badcock) is of no help.

Needless to say I am very upset looking at a broken table top that a warm aluminum pan should not have broken and having to pay to replace it because they don't consider it a manufacturer's defect. REALLY? In the spirit of Thanksgiving I am thankful to know now that Badcock is not a store that puts their customers satisfaction first.

I went into the Florence SC store 2522 David McLeod Blvd. I bought a chair that was in the clearance area. First they kept changing the pickup policy. When we got the chair it had two flaws on it, this being the reason it was on clearance. When we came to pick it up it was torn on the arm of the chair. They said it is as is. They said that the manager was on vacation and it was nothing that they could do about it. Well we went to look at around the store. We sat on a chair and it broke. They asked us if we were ok, but no store report was done. I asked then about the other chair that was in the clearance area and she told me that they had to wait for the store manager to come back from vacation before they could do anything.

It took two weeks before they could give me an answer, and why they did the price was higher than the first chair that I bought and this chair had more this wrong with it. We are in the area where we are getting money due to the floods in our area. So they are price things up higher, which in the state of SC they are not suppose to do that. It has been told about price hiking. This store manager is the most rudest person that I have met in a very long time. And do not care about people. I wonder why she is work in cs. Every time I ask for the area manager I get "I cannot give you the information." I still do not have the other chair that I think they the salesperson want it. Now. Because we showed them how they can use it. The salesperson told me that we could get the other chair for a lower price. Now that has changed.

I called after receiving a late notice on payment, put on hold for 29 minutes. So unprofessional. I had my receipt in hand, gave the date payment made. Latsaha says sorry. Nothing she can do but look into it, and hung up. Never again will I use them. I mean never!!!

I found the swivel counter chairs I was looking for. I did not need them delivered because I had a truck and I only lived down the block. But if I picked them up myself I had to take them in the box and put them together myself. All the other stores and I repeat ALL the other stores were happy at no cost to put them together; you're talking $200 a chair. No wonder they are always have a looking for help sign in the window.

I went to the location on Fort Lauderdale. I asked the young lady for a application so I can apply for credit. As I was filling out my application the store manager was on the phone with a customer who apparently was having some issues as far as paying for his bill on time. The manager was talking this person very disrespectful. He was questioning the customer about why couldn't his bill on time, why was his payment late every month, if he would have known this about him he would have never agreed to giving him credit, ever since he had the furnish for a year and the late every month etc etc etc. He was very rude and if I was on the other line I would have hung up on him. Some of us have hard time at some point in time in their life but no one should ever have to be spoken to like that. If you have to call customers to collect funds from them that's fine but maybe you should do it in a office with a closed door. Not in front of potential customers.

10/21/2016, I went into Badcock, purchased a TV. The sales associate that help me was amazing. Her co-worker took the TV I purchased off wall, placed on a bed and took off wall mounts. Now before this TV was unplugged, it was working, fine beautiful picture. When I got home, this was punctured. Which how to determine when or how. So I carried the TV back on 10/22, the store Manager replaced TV brand new in box. His workers loaded TV in my car and stated "if something wrong with this TV, bring back, that's on us."

Well, when I got home neighbor downstairs help me move TV in my home. Took TV out box put stand on and notice TV has been damaged. I know I didn't drop but I notice where a strip was on box that could have been too tight which could have cause damage. I contact store immediately and took pictures of box and TV. Where store manager said he wasn't replacing because TV has been drop like I did it. He told his employee to tell me to email pictures he would call warranty department which rule TV has been drop and wasn't replacing. Now they want me to file insurance claim but why when it was damaged when I got. I am so upset, it's not funny. I plan on going to file legal charges about this matter.

My wife and I went to Badcock to use her charge account that she had taken out 8 months ago which we did not purchase anything because we were not financially able to. Now that we are we went into the store to purchase some items. They couldn't be bothered with us because what we were purchasing was only a few hundred dollars and evidently they wouldn't make enough money off of it to bother caring. The woman who was nasty as could be in Chipley Florida told us that "your account is an old account. 7 whole months old and you have to fill out a new credit app because otherwise I can't help you." She was a nasty ass person.

If you live in Chipley Florida or nearby and want to use that store in Chipley avoid it at all costs. She told us that the owner is on site and went and talked to him and he said "no you have to start all over and do another app otherwise we can't help you." Problem being we were only purchasing $200 worth of items which I guess was not worth that nasty ass woman's time. I can guarantee you one thing. No one of my friends or family will ever purchased anything from Badcock again.

I was planning to purchase furniture from this company. Upon further inspection, I noticed this was less quality than Walmart college dorm furniture. Everything seemed to be constructed of plastic, particle board, and other fillers, instead of real wood from actual real trees. The furniture seemed very delicate, especially the dresser drawers. Something needs to be done in the way of state regulations, because this is not furniture, nor should be labeled as such. So glad I hesitated and educated myself on this site before committing to paying for high priced disposable furniture. What a rip off...

I bought a complete room of furniture in the store. When it was delivered a glass shelf was broken... wasn't broken in the store. They told me since it was on sale they didn't replace. Shouldn't a company be responsible if they damage a product! They didn't deliver my complete order and told me I could come by the store to pick it up!! Took weeks to get it. The reclining love seat I bought was broken, a repairman has been to my house twice and even brought parts to fix it... can't be fixed. Badcock doesn't want to replace it even though I carry insurance on it.

Like somebody crazy I went back to store to purchase a laptop... when I got it home it was locked!! Had been previously owned, but they sold it as a new one. This company has been nothing but a pain in the **. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LOW RATE COMPANY!!! After months nothing has been resolved. They keep saying they will call us but never do. We have been back several times. This company is a nightmare to do business with.

During delivery, their employees damaged my walls and a drawer in the dresser they delivered. I fixed my own drywall and have been waiting for a replacement drawer. It has been over 2 months and still no drawer despite calls to the Manager. The furniture was purchased in Florida but then shipped to the Rock Hill, SC store for delivery.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Profile