Badcock Home Furniture and More

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased living room set 10/23/15. Delivered 10/30/15 with rip in fabric on right end of sofa. Told they would just send an exchange full sofa. Sofa arrived and delivery guy refused to get entire sofa out of truck because it was "a pain". Unscrewed damaged piece and screwed new piece onto new sofa. Now the fill in all the arms is so matted you have to use a throw pillow under arms or you can feel wood jabbing thru. Am still making timely payments and still owe $1,800. Have spoken to corporate numerous times who have told me the insurance, the extended warranty, nor the company will do anything. Have now filed with BBB and next will go to media.

My husband and I purchased a computer desk, filing cabinet, bookcase and credenza with desk hutch. The furniture came scratched except for the desk. We paid for the furniture protection on all the furniture, thinking we were going to get a real repair man, but they send out the moving guys. The Conway store is not worth buying product from.

A few years ago I bought a full bedroom set from Badcock Furniture in Greenville,NC. While I was home doing the initial setup two of the handles on the dresser broke, which upon reflection shouldn't have been a big surprise since they are all made of cast pot metal. The main reason they broke off was due to the central guides under the drawers being already splintered, causing the drawers to stick, which has been a chronic problem. Several days later when the smooth part of my belt rubbed against the foot of the bed it exposed the fact that the bed isn't even made of wood, but rather some white, chalky material that may or may not be plastic.

Fast forward to a few days ago. I go to open the bottom drawer, and now the drawer reeeally stuck, as in the handles broke again, and I almost caused the television atop the drawer to fall on me while trying to wiggle and pry the drawer open. I finally took the drawer above it out, ripped out the super-cheap cardboard crap separating the drawers, and got my clothes out. When I got home later I decided to take a good look at the dresser, and took it apart. I still cannot believe how pathetically cheap the materials and workmanship (I use that word VERY loosely) are.

Upon inspection I found out one drawer that has been giving me such a hard time had the central guide rail cut too short, as in it is impossible for the screws (the screws are the ONLY PARTS of this piece of crap that aren't substandard) to hold it in place, as in the rail has essentially just been laying in the drawer sideways all this time. Another guide rail is splintered in the front, causing that drawer to also move sideways and not close properly. Probably the most galling thing is that shafts that's supposed to hold the drawers in the center are made of ungodly soft wood (if there is a wood softer than balsa, this is indeed it), and there are many splinters. The only moving parts that rub against each other are made of the cheapest, softest wood I've ever seen. I wouldn't use that crap to build a birdhouse.

The wood blocks used to stop the drawer in the back were STAPLED on, and three of them were loose or had come completely off (ANOTHER cause of a stuck drawer). Of all the things I've ever bought in my entire life, I've never been more dissatisfied with a purchase. While I'm still nowhere near being an expert on furniture, I will know next time I buy furniture to take a better look at it first.

BTW: I went back to the store and shared my experience with an employee, and while there checked out the furniture on the sales floor, and most of it appears to be made by the same clowns that made mine, with the same sorry materials. If the majority of the furniture they've been selling over the years is the same "quality" as the crap I got sot with, maybe a class action suit is in order.

I went into the new Badcock in Laurens SC on 11-26-2016. They were having a black Friday Sale. Picked out a new sectional. The sales girl was great. After all paperwork was signed I was informed it was not in stock and I would have to wait until Dec 1 thru at the latest the 6th for delivery. On the 8th I called to find out why I had not received my furniture, was told then it is on back order until the 16th. I ask, "Don't y'all think you should have called me?" Their reply was, "Oh we thought someone did." On the 15th I received a call the sectional was in but was damaged, but they would delivery it and order a new piece. I was in the area stopped by the store to check out the damage, and discuss the fact that I did not want to be stuck with broke merchandise. I ask to speak with the manager who avoided me and only spoke to sales agent and walked away.

I was assured the new piece would be out and given the approximate date. I was told they would deliver the next day. When I explained I have to work and wanted delivery on Saturday the delivery guy threw a fit, but I insisted and was told they would call to set up appointment. I never received the call, on Saturday morning at around 10 am I called to ask about delivery and was told, "He should be there any minute." I placed a complaint call to their toll free number I found online and before I could hang up he pulled in the yard no warning or anything. (What happened to setting an appointment time?)

So finally it is delivered with the promise of the replacement being on order. (The damage is to the wood in the back of reclining sectional, and cannot be seen.) So few weeks later I get a call. The new piece is in so we set up delivery. I was working so had someone meet them, this was right before Christmas. I get home that evening to find 1 of the recliners will not fold in. I immediately call the store and was told they would have someone get in touch with me about fixing or swapping it out. I have called 3 more times to be given excuses every time, no one will return my calls.

Now my payment was due on the 13th so I will see how long it takes them to call me back. Almost $1500 for a sectional and they will not fix what was broken when delivered!!! This looks terrible since the recliner on 1 end will not stay closed. I could not really decorate or prepare as usual for Christmas due to delay of furniture being delivered and did not want the tree and such to be in the way. Then when I finally receive the replacement part I had to have visitors in my home thru Christmas and New Years with a broke down junky looking sectional because it does not operate! WE are 2 days short of being a 3 month process and I still do not have a functioning sectional in my home, instead I have a piece of crap that people ask every time they visit why it has not been replaced. This place is a rip off and I would not advise anyone do business with them.

I had purchased a king size pillow top mattress and in less than 2 years the mattress developed large indentations in the area that my wife and I lay. The springs seem like they collapsed causing serious back pain. The indentations are over 2 inches!!! (Confirmed and checked by Badcock). My mattress was covered with a protection bed spread to avoid stains, hair, etc on delivery, but the manager said the bed warranty is void due to the pictures they took showed stains, which is a lie, there are no stains, even if there were stains, what does that have to do with Badcock selling me a defective mattress. No problem, they lost a loyal customer, and now I'm wise enough to know to stay away and to never do business with BADCOCK again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

I ordered a bed and washer and dryer and was told I could pick them up in Mulberry. I used my rented U-Haul to drive there spending extra money on mileage only to get home and find out the mattress was not there. I called the store and was told the order was closed out and I would need to wait until Monday. I call on Tuesday and find out the order was not closed out but that they didn't have the mattress in stock. Meanwhile I have the box spring and am sleeping on the floor. A week later I'm told they won't have the mattress until 4 days later and I would have to wait another 3 for delivery or I could pick it up which would mean renting another truck. I'm very dissatisfied and after my items are paid for I will never do business with them again. The sales person was very unempathetic and didn't even apologize.

I purchased a bedroom suite for $2,600. The quality is awful! Seems to be made from pressboard and was already damaged with scratches and cuts when delivered. My nightstand had to be exchanged and I was given a marker to color in the other smaller nicks and scratches. They reported inaccurate late payments to the credit bureau. When I called in to have it corrected, they were first very rude, and I was told that they don't report by your due date but by your cycle date. The only date I was provided was the due date, being the 5th of each month. I'm NOT mistaken that late payments are reported only when paid more than 30 days beyond your DUE date. It seemed as though they were already "trained" to say no without looking into the account to find their mistake.

The sad part is that I paid more than the minimum payment when it was reported late. I felt as though I was judged, stereotype. I'd already been discriminated against before I ever called in. I was in process of purchasing a home and it hurt me and my credit score! Needless to say, I was told that they would not be correcting it. By far, this is the absolute worst company I have ever encountered!

I purchased a Jamison 5PC Dinette Set from Badcock on 11/5/16. ON 11/12/16 it was delivered to my home. All seemed perfect. On 11/24/16 (less than 2 weeks later), a warm aluminum pan (the type you buy for 50 cent at any store) was placed on the glass table top and a whole chunk of the glass bevel top fell off. I called Badcock and was told by customer service they wouldn't replace it because it was not a manufacturer's defect so it was not covered by the 1 yr manufacturer's warranty.

Then I was told that the insurance I purchased did not cover it as they did not cover broken glass. They told me they would give me a $14.50 credit (best they could do) so I could purchase a new table top. So not only did I spend hundreds of dollars on a table that I did not get full and proper use of but now I have to spend an extra $60 to buy a new table top and get this, $50 for them to deliver it to me. Unbelievable.

I have never bought anything from Badcock before and I will after this NEVER buy anything from them again. I told this to customer service but it didn't seem to sway them in resolving the situation more favorably for me. I am really disappointed. I have reached out to the manufacturer (Cramco) directly but not sure if that will amount to anything as on their website they say if you need help with warranty or replacement parts contact local dealer. Local dealer (Badcock) is of no help.

Needless to say I am very upset looking at a broken table top that a warm aluminum pan should not have broken and having to pay to replace it because they don't consider it a manufacturer's defect. REALLY? In the spirit of Thanksgiving I am thankful to know now that Badcock is not a store that puts their customers satisfaction first.

I went into the Florence SC store 2522 David McLeod Blvd. I bought a chair that was in the clearance area. First they kept changing the pickup policy. When we got the chair it had two flaws on it, this being the reason it was on clearance. When we came to pick it up it was torn on the arm of the chair. They said it is as is. They said that the manager was on vacation and it was nothing that they could do about it. Well we went to look at around the store. We sat on a chair and it broke. They asked us if we were ok, but no store report was done. I asked then about the other chair that was in the clearance area and she told me that they had to wait for the store manager to come back from vacation before they could do anything.

It took two weeks before they could give me an answer, and why they did the price was higher than the first chair that I bought and this chair had more this wrong with it. We are in the area where we are getting money due to the floods in our area. So they are price things up higher, which in the state of SC they are not suppose to do that. It has been told about price hiking. This store manager is the most rudest person that I have met in a very long time. And do not care about people. I wonder why she is work in cs. Every time I ask for the area manager I get "I cannot give you the information." I still do not have the other chair that I think they the salesperson want it. Now. Because we showed them how they can use it. The salesperson told me that we could get the other chair for a lower price. Now that has changed.

I called after receiving a late notice on payment, put on hold for 29 minutes. So unprofessional. I had my receipt in hand, gave the date payment made. Latsaha says sorry. Nothing she can do but look into it, and hung up. Never again will I use them. I mean never!!!

I found the swivel counter chairs I was looking for. I did not need them delivered because I had a truck and I only lived down the block. But if I picked them up myself I had to take them in the box and put them together myself. All the other stores and I repeat ALL the other stores were happy at no cost to put them together; you're talking $200 a chair. No wonder they are always have a looking for help sign in the window.

I went to the location on Fort Lauderdale. I asked the young lady for a application so I can apply for credit. As I was filling out my application the store manager was on the phone with a customer who apparently was having some issues as far as paying for his bill on time. The manager was talking this person very disrespectful. He was questioning the customer about why couldn't his bill on time, why was his payment late every month, if he would have known this about him he would have never agreed to giving him credit, ever since he had the furnish for a year and the late every month etc etc etc. He was very rude and if I was on the other line I would have hung up on him. Some of us have hard time at some point in time in their life but no one should ever have to be spoken to like that. If you have to call customers to collect funds from them that's fine but maybe you should do it in a office with a closed door. Not in front of potential customers.

10/21/2016, I went into Badcock, purchased a TV. The sales associate that help me was amazing. Her co-worker took the TV I purchased off wall, placed on a bed and took off wall mounts. Now before this TV was unplugged, it was working, fine beautiful picture. When I got home, this was punctured. Which how to determine when or how. So I carried the TV back on 10/22, the store Manager replaced TV brand new in box. His workers loaded TV in my car and stated "if something wrong with this TV, bring back, that's on us."

Well, when I got home neighbor downstairs help me move TV in my home. Took TV out box put stand on and notice TV has been damaged. I know I didn't drop but I notice where a strip was on box that could have been too tight which could have cause damage. I contact store immediately and took pictures of box and TV. Where store manager said he wasn't replacing because TV has been drop like I did it. He told his employee to tell me to email pictures he would call warranty department which rule TV has been drop and wasn't replacing. Now they want me to file insurance claim but why when it was damaged when I got. I am so upset, it's not funny. I plan on going to file legal charges about this matter.

My wife and I went to Badcock to use her charge account that she had taken out 8 months ago which we did not purchase anything because we were not financially able to. Now that we are we went into the store to purchase some items. They couldn't be bothered with us because what we were purchasing was only a few hundred dollars and evidently they wouldn't make enough money off of it to bother caring. The woman who was nasty as could be in Chipley Florida told us that "your account is an old account. 7 whole months old and you have to fill out a new credit app because otherwise I can't help you." She was a nasty ass person.

If you live in Chipley Florida or nearby and want to use that store in Chipley avoid it at all costs. She told us that the owner is on site and went and talked to him and he said "no you have to start all over and do another app otherwise we can't help you." Problem being we were only purchasing $200 worth of items which I guess was not worth that nasty ass woman's time. I can guarantee you one thing. No one of my friends or family will ever purchased anything from Badcock again.

I was planning to purchase furniture from this company. Upon further inspection, I noticed this was less quality than Walmart college dorm furniture. Everything seemed to be constructed of plastic, particle board, and other fillers, instead of real wood from actual real trees. The furniture seemed very delicate, especially the dresser drawers. Something needs to be done in the way of state regulations, because this is not furniture, nor should be labeled as such. So glad I hesitated and educated myself on this site before committing to paying for high priced disposable furniture. What a rip off...

I bought a complete room of furniture in the store. When it was delivered a glass shelf was broken... wasn't broken in the store. They told me since it was on sale they didn't replace. Shouldn't a company be responsible if they damage a product! They didn't deliver my complete order and told me I could come by the store to pick it up!! Took weeks to get it. The reclining love seat I bought was broken, a repairman has been to my house twice and even brought parts to fix it... can't be fixed. Badcock doesn't want to replace it even though I carry insurance on it.

Like somebody crazy I went back to store to purchase a laptop... when I got it home it was locked!! Had been previously owned, but they sold it as a new one. This company has been nothing but a pain in the **. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS LOW RATE COMPANY!!! After months nothing has been resolved. They keep saying they will call us but never do. We have been back several times. This company is a nightmare to do business with.

During delivery, their employees damaged my walls and a drawer in the dresser they delivered. I fixed my own drywall and have been waiting for a replacement drawer. It has been over 2 months and still no drawer despite calls to the Manager. The furniture was purchased in Florida but then shipped to the Rock Hill, SC store for delivery.

My wife and I have shopped at Badcock for over ten years, and it has been, pretty much, a game of roulette the ENTIRE TIME. A sectional outlived its life expectancy, but the matching ottoman didn't make it through HALF the payment term. Dining table still holding up, BUT the bolts that are SUPPOSED to hold the matching chairs together have to be re-tightened every 2-3 days, LITERALLY. Reclining sofa and loveseat... GARBAGE!!! After just a few months of use (and we are RARELY at home), we noticed the springs were about to come up through the outer cover. VERY UNCOMFORTABLE (PAINFUL)!!! We will NOT be making any more major purchases from there.

In a word, horrible. I purchased furniture from Badcock Home Furniture in May. I spent close to 2 grand, and received a bed in a bedroom set that was missing parts and poorly put together. I attempted to return the bed within the first 30 days of purchase, because of the missing parts and the poor structural integrity of the bed. I was given the run around, told a manager would call, etc. I have called repeatedly, and made the trip down to Largo from Holiday two separate times to speak to them in person. After two months of bothering the employees of Badcock on Missouri Ave, Badcock finally sent a repairman to my home.

The bed was missing an important part for the structure, and due to the lack of that, the slats in the center of the bed are sagging and the post that holds the slats up is broken. My SO and I are not heavy people, so there's no reason other than the missing parts and poor construction to have this many issues with the bed. It's now been four months and the bed still isn't fixed. I call, I go in, I argue, I get the run around. I've spoken to Tim, a manager, who refuses to give his full name, and he just tells me there's nothing he can do. When I go in the store, they just sit there behind the counter and argue that there aren't parts missing.

Today was the final straw. I spoke with the repairman, who informed me he knew of no parts, and that he'd be coming out to take a look at the bed...again. I called the store, and they claimed that the parts were in, and that they'd have him come back and get them. At this point, after call after call to customer service, corporate, and store managers, I'm ready to stick the brand new broken bed in the dump and call it an $800 loss.

I was told I couldn't return the bed because it was past 30 days...I tried. I have been put on hold and left hanging, hung up on, and told that there's generally nothing they can do, after four months. The manager literally told me there's nothing he can do, he doesn't make the furniture or stand behind it. The other furniture I bought is fine, but if you have a problem with your furniture and you purchase from Badcock, be prepared for a fight, because they do not stand behind their product.

They've lost a customer that would have been a life long customer, and I will be sure to warn everyone of this experience I've had, because there isn't any higher up to reach to keep these people honest. It's a shame you spend your hard earned money, and get garbage that doesn't work, so beware buying from Badcock. I know myself and my family and friends won't make that mistake again.

My sister bought a sofa and immediately it began to fall apart. She had bought the protection plan and they wouldn't honor it. They are such liars.

We have been doing business with Badcock in Valley AL for 13 years. Never had a problem with the store replacing any thing we had a problem with. And we recommend this store to everyone. I can not understand the bad reviews of other stores. But we are happy With our Badcock in Valley AL.

I usually pay cash for anything I purchase because I had no credit but when I went to Badcock in Lake Park, FL, I decided to purchase furniture on credit so that I can build credit. I purchased approximately $2500 of furniture and paid almost $250.00 per month to pay it off. The method Badcock uses to sell furniture is very confusing because there are two businesses in one, which could be used as a good source of business to pursue, if, the information provided is not misleading, from both of the companies; Badcock and ACCESS NOW.

After nearly a year of making payments and paying late fees to pay off $2500, I learned that I owed over $3000. I became an irate customer and spoke very loudly and told any customer that walked through the door to ACCESS NOW and Badcock, that they will rip you off by charging extremely high interest rates and you will pay 3xs the amount of money owed. I paid it off and was left feeling very dismayed about how unethical it was for Badcock to allow ACCESS NOW to be in their STORE to mislead customer and take customers hard-earned monies. As customers arrived in the store, I told them it would be best to save their monies to purchase the item with cash or go to ROOMS2GO... At least there your purchases would be from a reputable company that cares and treat you better.

The ACCESS NOW representative who I paid off my account with apologize and stated that she understood why I was upset about the amount that I still owed within a year's time, but what she said was worthless. I was mislead and taking advantage of by the company which charged an excessive high interest rate and by Badcock who referred me to them. They were suppose to be there to help customers whose credit was bad or with no credit, but not to over-charge them $2000 to $3000 more for years for furniture that was purchased for $2000+, and is stealing from people who is unable to defend themselves or has no other choice or means of getting what they need for their families.

I did not know the companies were of two different entities and that they did not work together to meet the customer's needs. I was sold a dining room set that the screws could not tighten when put together and when I requested Badcock to change it, they explained that it was bought by ACCESS NOW and that it had to be changed through them. Before purchasing the furniture ACCESS NOW explained, they worked together and that if there were any problems to speak with Badcock. I did that and was told that the dining set could not be changed because ACCESS NOW paid for it and that it had to be changed through them.

It was charge through them but it was a challenge changing the dining set out. It was traded and changed by an ACCESS NOW manager, who was later terminated. He was not in agreement with how the system was operated and neither were other customer service personnels who worked there who also left within the time period I paid the monthly payment.

I know that I am not the only person who has experience this, but I believe that I will be the only person who will speak out about it. I am hoping that this situation is managed more appropriately and accordingly to help the people who will not stand up and speak out about the open thievery system that exist with Badcock and ACCESS NOW. If it is any way possible, I hope the above companies are investigated and I will like the excessive amount of money I paid for the furniture, that I did not owe, refunded.

My husband and I both have an account each with Badcock. We fell behind 3 payments each because my husband got deployed and we remained in contact with the company as to what was going on and when we were going to be able to catch both payments up. We have had nothing but call after call everyday and they leave a automated voicemail all the time. When I call them they never take note of the day I say I'm going to pay. I was once told by one lady that they wouldn't want my furniture back nor would they repo any of it like other buy here pay here companies. I get a letter 2 1/2 weeks before I have made arrangements prior in the same week to make the payments on that date. While I'm opening my letter I had just received in the mail I also get a phone call from them at the same time. This is how much this company harasses their customers and even the ones who aren't avoiding them and making arrangements!

They are also not a very military friendly company. My husband sent them a copy of the Service Member's Relief Act Form to get his account interest lowered while on deployment and he is also the only one who brings home the money to pay the bills due to me being in college full time. So they would not lower the one on my account. It's very odd how we have other accounts with other companies and he isn't on there with me and it's just myself and I give them his orders and a copy of the SMRA and they lower the interest on my accounts but when this is mentioned to them they flat out give a no that they cannot do that because he isn't on the account with me.

So if we would have known this company was like this we would have never went to them. This is the first time we have ever purchased brand new furniture for our home and it has not been an enjoyable experience at all. It's been nothing but a nightmare. I would not recommend them to anyone. We will not ever be doing business with them again!

Not long after Badcock opened in Pell City my wife and I purchased a sofa and loveseat set. After a few weeks my wife called to complain of the loveseat leaning apart. It was so bad. We thought the warranty would replace it. After several attempts and calls a worker I had seen in the store with an ankle brace came to our house took apart the loveseat and beat on it for fifteen minutes.

Several months later and the same problem another guy was sent out and while taking the loveseat apart I asked was he going to use the hammer too, and he replied what did I mean. After I explained what had happened he said he was the only person in this are that did Badcock's work. After talking we figured the store just sent out a worker to hush my wife. This piece of furniture was one of our worst ever investments and it's paid for and still crooked. The management in Badcock won't even let their employees write your balance - they will say, "We can't. We can tell you but you have to write it." Some bad business.

Couch defective - they refused repair and replace. Said wear and tear - highly doubtful since it's 6 months old. Don't go there ever!!! No matter what deal they may have.

I purchased a bed from Badcock for my son. I went in and the guy recommended the bed that would accommodate his 6'3 258 size. I purchased the bed January 2015. 1 year and 1/2 old and the sideboard broke and also the boards underneath the mattress broke and are warped. Now the mattresses are on the floor without the bed frame. I am not very happy because I am still paying for the bed. I love the mattresses that I purchased, but the bed was made from poor quality. Just do not tell me that the bed is going to be sturdy if they are made cheap. Will not be purchasing anything else from this place. Very unhappy mom.

I ran into problems with making my payments on time, long story short, I finally paid off my account over a year ago. While the problems did affect my credit score, Badcock has not done their job in reporting that my account has been paid in full and closed my account. In trying to clear this up at the local store, I have been told to contact the corporate office in Florida.

Dealing with the corporate office is a nightmare. After my initial phone call to report this, it was not corrected on my record. I called back and the person I spoke with stated there was no record of my phone call. I told the rep when I called and who I spoke to and still nothing. I went through everything again with reporting the problem. Longer story short, this problem has not been resolved and it still is on my record. I wish many times over I had not gone with this company, but I needed furniture and at the time, this seemed like a great solution.

I purchased the warranty with my furniture. Getting Badcock to honor it has been impossible. The furniture is inferior. Missing screws, cracked wood, discoloration. I will never use their store again. The manager and reps were rude to us when we brought in the defective products and pictures. I do not suggest anyone buy their product.

This has been the absolute worst experience of dealing with any company anywhere. With any type of purchase ANYWHERE. The manager at the store Percy ** has been the biggest rude and condescending liar of all. It has been 2 weeks since we purchased the furniture, after SEVERAL delivery attempts we still don't have it. I thought I had ran into horrible customer service with other companies before but this is absolutely the worst! WARNING!!! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH this STORE!!!

I purchased a Serta Indigo from Badcock for my daughter as a birthday present. Same mattress I have. She received what I believed to be a brand new mattress from Badcock on Saturday! She woke up Sunday morning with bites all over her legs. We thought nothing of it and figured a mosquito got in the house. She woke Monday with more bites in other places. Tuesday we began to get suspicious and did some research and grew weary of the mattress. Today we called Badcock and told them what was going on and to come get the mattress. We got nothing but the runaround and after a goat rope of phone calls we called corporate. I find out not only will they not do anything about the situation but they won't even exchange the infested mattress they delivered! They basically blamed us and said maybe a guest brought the bugs into the house and that they spray their warehouse.

The mattress was delivered late afternoon and my daughter didn't leave her house or have anyone come over. I asked the customer service rep to let me talk to their manager and he told me he would get back with me within the next 48 hours. I can't leave that mattress in her house for another 48 seconds let alone 2 days and still unsure if they will do anything about it. Note: She has no pets. Nor has anyone been in her house in the last 4 days. I paid a thousand dollars for my daughter and 9-mo-old granddaughter to be feasted upon!

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Profile