1.27/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

223 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We bought a $1700 sectional in November 2017. In July 2018 one of the recliners pull cords broke. We thought "No Problem", it's under warranty plus we paid extra for the protection plan. NOT!!! What a damn joke!!! They sent someone out 4 weeks after we called and the guy looked at it and said it would have to be fixed. Well no ** Sherlock...what was your first damn clue?! Then had us sign a paper and said someone else would contact us. We have called multiple times only to be told by the Badcock store in Salisbury, NC, that the part is on order. Mind you...it's only a plastic pull handle. They MUST be under a huge demand these days. So here we are in November 2018 and our sectional still isnt fixed nor was a replacement offered. Do yourselves a favor and NEVER buy a single product from this ** show of a company. BBB here we come!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Bedroom furniture got delivered, handles were left turned inward so unable to use, had to come back, once installed & drawers were open, you could see daylight on every drawer where they connected. Bed had nicks & was nicked. Pieces were suppose to be replaced, found another issue w/ the bed & decided at that point not to purchase, mattress made you feel like you were going to roll off. Return Policy states you are REQUIRED to keep for 30 days & have up to 60 to return, well NO you do not, you have to REPLACE even though you're not buying the bed. They are trying to force you to buy the mattress. Okay, so what do I do w/ a mattress & no bed? I told them to take it back so they come & get the mattress & bed.

I review the return paperwork & see they are charging me way more than I agreed to on the re-stock fee on a mattress that I am not happy with. Now they have charged my account $993.63 for a $318.86 recliner. So to our misleading liars at Badcock Home Nightmares & More, do you & I'm going to do me. You don't want to come pick up the chair because it was bought in August, it was your butts who have been playing this game or you would have had all of this back much sooner. Now that you have dealt me this hand of cards. I am now officially letting you know that because you "Don't" return phone calls, I'm DONE w/ my phone calls to you all of which are to no avail anyway.

You are not interested in customer service, it's about how you can rip off your customers by hiding behind the phone with all of what you "Don't" do & charging fees that are outrageous, so my friends, take your fees, if you don't want to come get the recliner that is fine because this ** IS NOT PAYING FOR IT!!! I want NOTHING to do w/ Badcock EVER. Get this, the mattress was still wrapped & sealed in its plastic so no one would EVER know it was a returned item!!! This place is a bad, bad joke & I will never associate myself with this type of business EVER again!!! This is in association with the Palmetto, Florida store location & all their idiots except one, which is a fella named Willie because no one else there could handle me because once you start messing with my money be ready to throw down because I work too hard to give my money to the likes of this business!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased the grey sectional leather sofa it came defected. Was never offered a replacement instead they sent a tech to do a horrible job, the sofa is peeling and cracking. We have to throw it out. Corporate doesn't care. Michael ** is a joke but I suggest anyone with a problem call him ** . Maybe if enough people call they will bring in honorable products!!! Next step BBB.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a living room set for 2600.00 dollars. The quality is cheap. The one chair squeaks when pulled back as it's rocking and leans to one side. Disgusting. The chair is already wrinkle and have not had it for a year yet. The customer service at the store was terrible. I had to ask for someone else to help me. Customers should be treated right and receive satisfaction when purchasing, some people just do not care. It is just sad. Dissatisfied Customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I called to Badcock on Monday October the 15th about some brackets to stand up my mirror on a Bedroom set that I had just purchased. Was told prior that they had to order brackets that would take 6 to 8 weeks to get. Decided to call and ask why and manager said they may be under the dresser. My question is why didn't I receive a call about this matter instead of me having to call back to find out. I looked under dresser and brackets were there. I called on Monday thinking they could send someone right out to put mirror up and ask questions and the employee thought he hung up the phone and didn't and he called me a **. I will never ever deal with or walk into a Badcock store ever again. When I called Corporate office they wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor and talked over me so I couldn't even say what I needed to say. What kind of company is this. I wish I'd known and I would have never given them my business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

You go online to check what you owe, and you think you have it paid down, then in several days you go back on there, the price has jack up $40.00 to $60.00. I owe a little $485.00, when I went on there a couple of days back and it was only $438.00. Once this is paid off, there will not be any more buying anything else. It is outrageous what they charge on some of their furniture. Some of their furniture is great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I bought a brand new mattress set from Badcock & More on 2/22/2018. The mattress came with a ten year warranty. Well on 9/13/2018 I went to the Badcock store in Hartwell, Ga., where it was purchased and told them that the mattress was beginning to dip out on both sides and offered no support. They (Badcock) told me to go home and take pictures of the mattress to show the issues. I went home and took the pictures and emailed them to the store. I went in the following day to see if the pictures were received. I was told those pictures were not any good. I would have to take pictures of a straight edge laying across the mattress and a tape measure showing the distance between the bottom edge and the surface of the mattress. My measurements average about an inch. I sent the pictures in.

I received an email on 9/20/2018 stating that a team from the store would be out to verify the measurements and check the mattress for stains. They came out on 9/24/2018. When the two saw the mattress and how it was cupped and dipping the reaction was WOW. They took their measurements then inspected the mattress and then left. I received a call the next day stating they only averaged .5". There is nothing they can do. I asked them how a new mattress sags and dips after just 6 months. This mattress has no support and is actually causing me and my wife to have back issues. We are now sleeping on the sofa, because it's more comfortable.

I contacted the mattress company and they told me to go through Badcock. WHAT A SCAM! The mattress is six months old! I have spent a lot of money at Badcock over the years, but I will never spend another dime at Badcock. You would think that they would do what they can to help a customer, new or old. One of the most noncaring customer services I have experienced.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Last week I went to Badcock out of curiosity. Upon arriving, I walked all around the store until I found a bedroom set that totally caught my eye. My sales assoc. came over and made me feel right at home. She is quite an asset to Badcock & very knowledgeable of their products. She explained everything that I needed, and today, I have that beautiful bedroom set in my home. Thank you Ms. Jackie for being a blessing to me. I look forward to doing more business with you & bringing my friends to see you.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

On 07/10/18 I purchased a glider console love seat with furniture protection. Cable came off to recline, called then went by, "We will fix it." Month went by fixed it myself... Oh by the way you do not get back in one day. This is the second time writing this... for a thousand dollars I expect better... and no way you have 4.9. I gave you a 1 on everything.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have purchased my Mom’s couch and recliner there with no problems with the products. So decided to purchase Poche lamps, so far so good. So, since all items were good decided to purchase HASTINGS 3 PC DINING ROOM. It was delivered scratched. It has two big four inch or longer scratches both sides on top of table. My mom told the delivery guy and he told her it’s the new designs. I called Badcock and they said we can’t do anything to call Customer Service. I said, "Is it the same people who delivered?" And he said yes. This is ridiculous and unprofessional. That’s the last time I do business with them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Three different nightstands. One busted returned. Second one not put together right. Third try brought it home and had to glue it. Previously bought a bed. It was refused to assemble even though I knew it would fit.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The Badcock in New Bern NC gave us a 4000$ credit limit with no interest for 24 months. When our bill arrived we were charged interest. We called to question this and we were told "our salesman was new and didn't understand. He explained we did qualify for the 4000 loan but not for the 24 months interest free". This is a total scam. I know my family and friends will now stay clear from this store.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Two positions beds, the delivery dispose few parts without tell me, only have one technician to check all the complaints. Be prepared to wait for a least one month. A hole in one mattress two months old. Waiting for new one month and half. Give you the date of delivery and never show in 3 ocasión. And now the company decide to raise the interest in your contract and if you don’t liked... they treat you with don’t let you buy on credit in the store again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set in June 2018. It’s now August 2018. I still haven’t received a non-damaged or malfunctioning set. They’ve came to bring me a new set 5 different times. The first visit they brought my set and all of it was damaged or had some kind of defect. They came back to replace my nightstand which showed up having missing pieces. Second time they had to replace my dresser which originally showed up with a dent, chips, scratches and a strange problem with the drawer knobs being uneven going in a diagonal way with one knob on top the other below it.

They came back a third time with a new dresser that was spray painted and had globs of paint everywhere. So they came back with another dresser but that was damaged with dents. I finally got my dresser on the fourth visit. But they still have yet to resolve my bed issue. The footboard sticks out like a soar thumb 4.5 inches away from the mattress. The mattress is too short and doesn’t measure out to be what the tag says it is. So they came back AGAIN to replace the mattress which ended up being the same size so now I’m stuck with a strange looking bed that corporate still refuses to fix.

Also, before I even signed a “contract” (which I never was handed a contract or even got to read it) I asked about their APR rates. I was told 0% interest for my first year which later I found that wasn’t the case and that I was being charged at a 23.9% rate which they claim they can’t fix since I sign a contract (which I never did nor was I aware that’s what my signature was for). Still haven’t gotten it resolved. Have now reached the corporate supervisor's boss. Waiting to hear back... Ugh I've got a headache... Probably going to consult a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

This company does not honor their word. They make up rules/policies as they go. Our issue with Badcock started in May of 2018 when we filed a Warranty Claim on our sofa and love seat. The seams of the seats on 4 sections were opening up and springs are popping out. After someone came out and assessed our furniture, we were told parts would be mailed to us in 2-3 weeks and to call 4warranty to set up a time to come back out and fix it. We waited 6 weeks and I called 4warranty who told me they were waiting on Fast Furniture repair to turn in the order. I was told to call them. I called them and was told, they turned it in and I need to call 4warranty back and tell them to find it. I called 4warranty back and spoke with another lady. She said they couldn't find it and I needed to call 1800Badcock.

So I called them, was told they would check it out. A few days later I was contacted by 4warranty to inform me that my love seat is not covered. I told them it was and it had been included this entire time. So i called 1800badcock back and was informed that it is indeed covered. I was told to call 4warranty back and tell them it was covered. After i made it clear that it was pointless for me to call them and tell them, the gentleman got permission from a supervisor to call them and inform them. I was then told they are still trying to find the lost work order form. So i waited another week after being told i would be contacted in 24 hours. I then called 1800badcock and asked for an update and was told that the claim was just approved the day before and to contact the store to set up delivery. I called store and was told they havent received the claim yet.

Steve informed me, he would call when he got it. He called me on 2 days later to let me know he got the claims but that we needed to come in for him to process it. We get there and he had left early as usual (as we were told by the employees). They could only find one claim and they had no idea why we were needed in store for the exchange order. We were also informed at this time that they no longer make the exact sofa and love seat that we have. We were told that they discontinued the one we had because of issues with it and they came out with a better quality one that was exact same everything except middle console on the sofa. Told them that was fine, no big deal. So we left and was told he would call us the next day about the missing claim. He calls the next day and tells me he found it and to come back in.

I go back to the store and he said he has it and it will be there Monday. We view the different one and just as we were told, it is the exact same set except it is made by a different company. Same color, Same features (minus the sofa console), same material. I call on Tuesday to see if our set arrived as I didn't hear anything the day before. Shannon answers and informs me that it is showing that Steve never ordered it. She tells me she is placing the order then. She calls me back 4 mins later and lets me know it will be there the following Monday. Monday, I call and a lady says it isn't there and she would have Steve call me back. Steve calls back and tells me the sofa is there but he has no idea why the loveseat is not there. Said he would check into it & call me back. He calls back and says he will get it ordered and he inst sure whats up with it but it will be there Thurs.

He calls 10 mins later to tell me that they are both there and I could come pick them up and pay the $204. I asked what for and he stated it was the difference in prices in the two sets. I contacted 1800 customer service and more asking why I am paying the difference for same item when my info on my warranty and on their website states like kind item. "On approved claims the plan includes: free parts & labor from date of delivery, in-home nationwide service, no deductible, and replacement of like kind product when affected item can't be repaired." I was informed today that $120 is the new warranty was on there but the rest is the difference I must pay to pick it up.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Never Again. I had my reservations with Badcock from the horror stories that I have heard, but I opened an account with them in June of 2018. When I opened an account, I had the full amount for the couch and the Table that my fiancée and I purchased with an APR% account and $150/mon payments. In July, we decided that we would pay $1,000 (a thousand) for the first payment, because we could afford it at the time. We received a statement for August stating that we now owed $150 for August and that we would be late after August 5. Our car caught on fire July 22, and we had to buy a new one on July 24, then put in the shop Aug 6, and just pulled it out – it set us back overall, about $10,000 and some change.

I called Badcock to explain everything (Kaitlyn of Altantic Blvd store in Jakcsonville, Fl), and they explained that there was nothing that they could really do. They explained they don’t accept prepayments so everything went to the principal. I explained that although I understand that – many people try to pay off early, so that they don’t have to pay as long or as much – that we had an emergency come up and wanted to know why I would still be charged a late fee when I clearly had the money to pay 5 times the amount in one statement before? Not only did she say they couldn’t do anything about the due date, she implied that it was our fault for paying extra because we “should have” asked when we came into the store to pay. (Although she explained how we HAD to have come in and paid the statements that reflected on her end, we paid online. I do everything online. And she had to correct herself after I pointed that out.)

I ended up having to call corporate, where a very nice lady was able to push the date back to the next month, but still insisted that was how the company did business. I’ve been with several companies, and I’ve had companies apply back the principal APR% I wouldn’t needed to pay (after paying off more than the monthly balance, but having an emergency come up) WITHOUT damaging my credit OR risking a late fee. After I pay off this balance, I’m never doing business with this company again. Besides the lady in corporate, they ONLY care about your payment – not if you’ve paid extra, if you need a little help after you’ve paid 5 times the amount, and even if you understand that some of the original principal/APR% would be applied back to have it pushed back – like other companies that I have worked with.

Please, please, please, shop around! We spent 4 hours visiting different furniture stores and found a couch and table we really liked at Badcock, which is why we went with them in the first place. We even mentioned to the lady when we set up our account that we could pay the full amount (we were only going to get the couch, and I paid full cash $10,000 on my car, which is what drained me this month). I feel like another company would have appreciated my business more in the respect that they would have worked with me more upon explaining my situation. However, I am thankful for the ONE receptionist we called from “corporate” (online phone number, so probably one of their inbound sales agent).

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Brought an dining room set and one of the chair seems as if it was eaten by termites. It's been over a month and they tell us that we have to wait 6 more weeks to have the item fixed. We've noticed that they have the same set in the store but would not replace the item. When speaking to customer service I felt so disrespect. I will not shop at Badcock ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I bought 2 sofas, 1 stove and a queen mattress. The sales person tried to sell an extended and all risk warranty to me. I normally do not purchase this but my girlfriend insisted I buy it. I bought all of this about 2 years ago. A few weeks ago while out of town my neighbors were watching my house for me and one day some stray cats got into my house and they could not get them out for a couple of days. While in the house they clawed up both of my sofas. I called today regarding the extended warranty and was told "pet" damage was not covered. These are not pets!! They are stray cats and they got into my house. DO NOT buy the warranty from Badcock. Like other places, they will not cover items they said were covered. I will never do business with them again!!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Made a payment of 170.00. The clerk in Brandon, miskeyed and put 760.00 in. It took 1 month for them to get it straight. Then the next 2 bills I received, still had the 760.00 in the balance. I have called and spoke with Stephanie at the Bartow office, she said it was straightened out last month. I get a new bill and they have not deducted the 760.00 + the over finance charges again. I called and continue to get the runaround. Now, someone named Abby says the manager has to ok it. It is bs, they are not the most competent people to work with or this wouldn't continue. I would not buy another thing from, I have been with them for years, they are a very poor excuse for a business. They are at fault, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, ever.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We paid $1,095 for a Bonded Leather Couch Set with electronic recliners when we bought our new home in Boca about 3 years ago. Recently the "leather" started peeling on the couches so we researched bonded leather and found out that "bonded" leather contains only 10% leather and the rest is other cheap synthetic material. We feel duped and ripped off. Any store that sells this cheap material cannot be trusted!!! We now have to throw these couches away so we basically wasted a thousand dollars.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My lawnmower was purchased nearly 2 years WITH a warranty. The equipment failed within the warranty date so I filed a claim on a Thursday. I was told by the warranty department that the claim takes about 2 days to complete and I would be issued either a store credit, check, or new lawnmower. It's now Tuesday and I called to check on the status of my claim and still didn't get anywhere. Both the customer service reps in the warranty department as well as the store located on Augusta Rd in Greenville, SC (Jessica from Greenville) are rude and not helpful at all. I purchased the plan for events such as this and should be able to replace my equipment timely just like you all want payments timely. I am very disappointed with the service that was given and probably will not purchase anything else from this business.

Original review: June 12, 2018

My wife dealt with Barbara ** (Oxford Alabama Badcock), was told we could pick up furniture 5 days later. When I go to pick up she had scheduled it for 12 days later. Store manager Chris ** had a don't care attitude when we canceled the order. He refused to give me his boss' phone number. These 2 are terrible. Stay away!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Bought sectional sofa started coming apart structurally. Had metal sticking out back and under cushion. Bought 2 sets bunk beds wooden rails cracked. Been over 2-1/2 months dealing with Badcock and warranty service! Finally replacement stuff came in Badcock showed up after 830 at night to replace stuff. Did not leave anything. The broken bunk bed part were in garage. Have no power to garage. They used flashlight on phone and didn’t get broken parts. Spent most of time in their truck. Refused to unload replacement sofa then told store manager lie saying we threw away the bunk bed parts. I had to call both corporate office and store. Next delivery is over a week away. When I get this issue resolved with Badcock I will never use or recommend them to anyone. Extremely disappointed and disgusted with them and their product and service.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Badcock Home Furniture & More (Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL) is an excellent furniture store and more! I rate it best for customer service, cleanliness and quality. The entire staff that I interacted with was welcoming, personable, very polite, dependable and prompt. Don ** (the assistant manager) and Ms. ** were extremely helpful, reasonable, and polite while helping me. They actually made my day. I walked in that store with a lot on my mind and God placed these two angels before me. Ms. ** was a sweetheart. She was very knowledgeable when it came to the furniture and sales. She helped me remain in my price range. Also, she never grew weary or impatient with me. The assistant manager Don worked with Ms. ** and I. He made sure I was taken care of and made my load a lot lighter than what I anticipated.

Lord knows when I walked in there I didn’t think I would be leaving being able to get everything I needed. Don made sure I got what I needed and more. He was amazing. The entire staff was pleasant. There was another young lady there but I didn’t catch her name. She didn’t help with my purchase but she made friendly conversation with my sister and me as we waited. The young man behind the counter didn’t talk much but he smiled and made friendly gestures. While being there, I noticed how attentive they all were when customers walked in. They make you feel like you’re being welcomed into a home. I was quite taken with the great customer service, cleanliness and excellent quality of this store. I walked out of this store feeling so blessed and I will be forever grateful for all they did to help me! Kudos to Don and his staff!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I called Badcock Furniture in Pompano Beach, FL regarding my next payment due. The company debits my account every month on the 8th. I called and spoke to John. I asked that they please debit my checking account on the 11th. I was told it wouldn't be a problem. The money was pending in my account on the 8th! Pending is the same as taking it. I got 6 NSF fees because of this. I've called the store, customer service, and filed a complaint with BBB. I am out of $216.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Badcock in Florence Alabama. I purchased a mattress, seemed as if everything was fine until I received my first bill which to my surprise was significantly more than my contract. I contact the store and the manager apologized saying they had put the wrong price on the type I purchased so they had redone my contract and I would need to come by to sign. I was given a date when it would be delivered and it never showed up so I phoned the store to see what the problem was, was told they forgot to order it. So I had to wait another 6 days again given a date a time. 3 hours after the time I was given I call and was told the delivery crew had left, the manager brought it himself on his way home and I had to help unload it and put it on the bed, I have a bad neck and back from a wreck where I was hit head on by drunken driver and I explained this to him.

Next I was told I would get a refund for delivery fee which never happened even after contacting home office and they in turn had to contact the owner of that store and I would be called back. It never happened and never did receive my discount. Found out the mattress set actually came off the floor so I had them to come get it and returned it... but now I am paying for the delivery fee 2 times once for delivery and once for pick up which took me 4 days before I could get them to come get it. Also they charged me a huge late fee which increased my interest and I am paying a bill of $400.00 for getting absolutely nothing and if I don't pay guess what? It damages my credit. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2018

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I thought I was saving myself from all the hassle of ordering online buying local. Wrong. I purchased a dining set that I was told had been returned. Had a few scratches. One chair had to be repaired. It was also discontinued. For the price, I thought why not, has to be a deal. NOT. So a week later it finally arrives and it's not here 5 minutes before a leg completely snaps off from scooting it over like an inch. Not to another room. Literally barely moved it. I get told it takes 2 people to move a table, any table like that is going to break if not. No understanding from the manager that it broke, didn't want to take it back.

On top of that. It's a 20% fee to send it back. On top of delivery. Which the lady made sure to mention more than once that I got a break on since it's 49 for one item and 99 for more than one. I'm sorry but it's a set that took you less than 10 minutes to deliver and pick up. It's not heavy. Already assembled. I paid 49 to deliver. 99 for them to come pick it up. 600 total and I get 400 back. I thought I was getting a deal. Now I've wasted 200 and had to deal with the least customer service friendly manager I've ever met. NEVER AGAIN. Please don't shop here. You might as well go to Wal-mart and build it yourself. I wish I had read the reviews.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been a customer of Badcock for 4yrs or more. My payments are due the 5th of every month, this month I paid on the 9th. When I got paid I called it in on my debit card as I always have and got a confirmation # and it showed it posted on my bank statement online. Today I went to check my account to see how much money I had and I noticed I was in the negative. After reviewing it and calling my bank I learned that Badcock had processed my payment I made on March 9th on March 20th! 2 weeks later.

I called the home office and a rep told me that anyone who made a payment on March 9th payments did not process through because of a flaw in "their system" and was sent back to the customer account!! Not only did they NOT call or send out a letter within the 2 weeks of reprocessing. They aren't even taking responsibility of over drafting their customers' accounts or notifying them on the careless error on their end. I was told that I could possibly be reimbursed for bank charges which would take weeks or months. I am furious... They don't hesitate to call if you are one day late for a payment, but had plenty of time to contact their customers of something this big and yes it's big because not only myself but I'm sure other customers are now in negative for their mistake!!!

Original review: March 18, 2018

Paid $1500 for 2 recliners with each repaired once, again making loud popping sound as they had previously so evidently not repaired correctly and while still in warranty said they had no one to repair them now and would replace but I had to pay $250 for delivery!! I only paid $99 for original delivery! Poor quality merchandise, poor repair service and very poor customer service!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I felt you couldn't browse the store. My friend was looking to buy bedroom furniture and we also wanted to browse, but we were rushed to checkout. One of the female staff assisting our sales person (Taylor) with questions spoke aggressively to me when I asked how much was the protection plan. Again I was with my friend who added a chair as a gift for me in which I've since asked him to remove from order. I will never purchase from this company!!

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information