3.47/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

245 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2019

I could not believe soooo many other people have been Scammed by this Badcock furniture business along with myself. We purchased a Living room set and. Mattress set. Expensive but we thought same as others. Will probably last longggg time. Sofa had to be replaced with another loveseat within 1 week! They were purchased just 1 yr ago and cushions Already bunching up inside at edges and sinking in when you sit on them like you need boards under cushions! The mattress sinks in when you sleep so, your back Hurts soooo bad. When trying to sleep it will Wake you up! And for Some unknown reason...The interest on our balance continues to go up causing our Balance to be more the following month After making a payment!!!! Not Right! We’ll Never get this account paid off if they continue to pull their antics. Biggest mistake Ever purchasing from this Badcock Furniture business!!! Crestview, FL.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I opened my own Badcock account last year, to buy a set of furniture. The people in my local store were very nice and helpful, and I had easy to manage monthly payments set up on auto pay. However, a couple weeks ago I checked my credit (as I’m in the process of buying my first house), and noticed I had a missed payment reported by Badcock. So I open my account and they said I was three months behind in payments and owed hundreds of dollars. I went to my local store, paid it off immediately, but was told I would need to contact corporate about the issue. I called corporate, who told me there was nothing that could be done, that it must have been an issue with the system that stopped my auto pay.

So now I have a negative mark on my credit, even though I have never missed a payment on anything in my life. I never once received a phone call, didn’t receive an email or anything in the mail saying that I was missing payments. They just stopped my auto pay with no warning, and then blamed me for not making the payments. The woman on the phone at credit services said I should have been calling every month to make SURE it was paid, but that is the whole point of auto pay, so that you don’t have to think about it. So I am paying off my account in total this week and will never do business with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I was purchasing a mattress and wall unit for my home a few months ago from Badcock after visiting their store. The items arrived. I notice the mattress was not the mattress I specifically ordered after the delivery guys had removed the plastic, I told the delivery guys, "This is not the correct mattress" and that I will not be paying for something I did not order. They told me to call the store to see what could be done, so I did. Spoke with the manager and was told there was nothing they could do because the plastic had been removed from the mattress and the mattress I ordered they no longer sold. The wall unit I order was missing pieces. It could not be assembled. I called Badcock, told them I was not pleased with the service and to please come and get their items out of my house.

They said the guys would be there the following day to pick up the merchandise to return it to the store. The delivery guys never showed up until a month later after repeatedly calling and finally threatening to get a lawyer involved. They finally pick up their furniture, signed a pick up receipt stating they did get their furniture back but then tried to keep my money, saying that they never received their merchandise. My bank did refund my money once I showed proof of the return receipt signed by Badcock. Will never ever do business with them again. Stay away. Their corporate is a joke.

Original review: April 27, 2019

They do not carry good furniture. I have a Serta bed. I have had to change the bed 3 times. The beds sink in. Do not buy from Badcock. I have always want and new bed. I was helped by Mr. **. I am so grateful to Mr. ** for my helping me with my bed. I never thought anyone would do this for me.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Will not make good on workmanship. Most items that this store sells is of very poor quality in materials and workmanship. Ex. Compressed particle board, OSB screws (drywall), etc. I spent ten thousand dollars in a few items and had problems with all of them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: April 19, 2019

After paying off over $3000 Dollars worth of merchandise in the last 4 years or so Badcock & More won't even finance me a HOTPOINT BY G.E. TOP LOAD WASHER for $549.95? I bought a Maytag Washer and Dryer about 4 or 5 years ago and the washer went bad already! Only $300 credit is not a good reason! Badcock & More didn't hesitate to collect over $3000 dollars from me in the past!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

We shopped for a living room set there. We found a sofa we liked, but, we wanted a matching love seat. The salesman looked in his computer and said he DID have the matching love seat, he just had to locate it because he had more than one warehouse. We were told to call back the next day. We called as instructed and the salesman was not in. We called the next day as well, and the day after that. We waited 10 days for a call back and NEVER got one!! After 10 days with no contact from Badcock we went to Ashley and purchased a living room set. We NEVER got a call from Badcock!! That was 3 months ago.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I went into the store to purchase a dryer. Salesperson was with a customer. I was there 15 mins and she never asked if I needed help nor did she say anything to me at all. She walked past me with her customer, looked and me and said nothing, so I left the store and probably will not return.

Original review: March 26, 2019

We bought a mattress from this place. We spent a lot of money on it. Within 2 months the mattress had completely broken down. They sent a tech out who agreed it was broken down. The store manager was the most rude person I have ever spoken to and told me the warranty was null and void because I did not have the mattress on the box spring that came with the set. Even though we also paid for that. Turns out more people I speak with have also had this problem. I spoke to a lawyer and need a few more people to come forward with their problems with the furniture from this store and a class action lawsuit can be filed against them. They should be ashamed of themselves for scamming innocent people. The owner should be so proud.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Absolute horrible customer service experience from over the phone service team. Completely dissatisfied, will not recommend. There have been three attempts to get my product delivered. First attempt delivery team forgot hardware for dresser. I politely asked that they come again another day to finish completing the delivery and installation. I had a 4-day window of availability to be at the home for the installation and they were unable to accommodate me to fix the initial mistake.

I have had to wait approximately two weeks from the day of the initial delivery and again I tried to schedule a delivery for another Tuesday which is my only day off from the job that allows me to pay for this furniture, and the service I received was rude and unprofessional. Finally I have asked for them to just drop the hardware off in front of the front door, and I guess after spending $5,500 with the company, I'll have to install it myself. Extremely disappointed with the lack of attention to customer satisfaction.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Inferior finish on bedroom furniture I purchased. The layer of paint is so thin that I wiped a small spill with soft cloth and the paint came off. The spill was not from chemicals but normal everyday skin care products that people normally have on their dressers. The worst part is Badcock does not think that they are responsible for the repairs.

Original review: March 3, 2019

We brought a platform bed and a week later we got bed bugs. We never had them until then. We call several times and they won’t do nothing for us. But they still want us to pay for it. You know what you can do is to shove it. I’m not paying for something you brought into our home. And they keep calling us for payment after we told them no way.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Have dealt with repeated issues on our sectional since 3 weeks after we bought it 14 months ago. It has been swapped out and the same problems keep reoccurring because it is junk! You would get better quality at Goodwill! Save your money! Tried dealing with the local store with no results so we took it to corporate and still no results. They refuse to fix it, return it or replace it! Now we are stuck paying top dollar for garbage!!! See attached email we sent to Badcock Corporate! I have 38 photos of a sectional that has had multiple repairs to it and been swapped out once already for poor quality! Corporate called today to say that someone has laid on the back of the couch and caused it to be this way! Really???

"To whom it may concern, Please see attached photos of MANY different views, angles and issues with this set. There are multiple issues with this set and they are the same issues we had with last set before it was replaced. I am sorry but for your rude, disrespectful, unprofessional corporate gentleman, Andy to state that all of my complaints are due to "misuse of dogs"! Really?!? That is totally ridiculous and absurd! There is no way that's even possible!!!

There are several things wrong with this set that cannot even be as a result of dogs or not! He obviously is just upset because I called him out on his rudeness and unprofessionalism while in my home, stated it on the paperwork he had me sign AND he huffed and puffed about my prior call to corporate office! The man arrived to my home, not even saying hello, good morning or anything! I greeted him and had to ask him if he was the man from corporate!!! He never explained what he was doing, never apologized or anything! Just huffed and puffed the entire time he was here, in the home.

And to top it off, he didn't even reattach the end sectional back to the piece he repaired!!! When I asked him about restuffing the arms or what we were going to do about the rest of the issues we had? He simply told me "that's not my problem, I suggest you call corporate! I've stuffed them once and I'm not stuffing them again! I came to make a repair, I made it and that's all I'm doing!". When I told him "I've already spoken to corporate office with a lady named Maureen." He rolled his eyes, huffed and said "yeah I know, I had to deal with them this morning" and he handed me the paper to sign! So yeah in a sense, he was right to say "that's all I'm doing" because he is NEVER allowed in our home again! I will not tolerate being treated that way or spoken to that way!!!

Seriously?!?! Is this how Badcock trains their employees to speak to customers? And on a corporate level??? There is no reason that not one but two sets of the same furniture display the same problems all within 14 months except one reason, poor quality!! After our 2nd set was delivered, we were calling in within 3 weeks with the same exact complaints we had with the first set. It is not our fault that your Florence location is just now getting around to handling those complaints nearly a year later! It is completely unprofessional to make a paying customer wait months on end for calls to be returned, service/repair to show up and our issues to be addressed! It is unprofessional and poor customer service to take 4-6 months to finally be able to speak to someone about calling multiple times! Does Badcock think that if you don't return calls that the issues will just go away or the customer will get tired of calling and just forget it?

When we returned the first set we were told at that time if the same problems arose with the 2nd set, they would gladly give us a refund or allow us to swap out for a different set and apologized for the issues we had, explaining that this sectional was in fact your "top of the line." I am sorry but with the same repeated issues to occur within a few weeks, I cannot say I agree with this being Badcocks "top of the line." If it is, I would hate to see your bottom line sets.

We have several pieces of furniture from Badcocks and are very pleased with the quality of the wood on our entertainment center, end tables and bedroom outfit. However, I am not able to say anything positive in regards to this living room outfit unfortunately. For the money we paid for this, it should be way better quality than it is. For the quality to be so poor, we could have saved us a ton of money and headache to just have purchased a used set from Goodwill or a yard sale or even purchased one from Rent a Center. I would love to have been able to send a video rather than photos because honestly, they do not show the degree of poor quality that a video would show. Hopefully you will be able to see in all of the photos I am attaching all of the issues in which I am discussing here and have discussed with your Florence store as well as Maureen.

Does Badcock truly believe in selling good quality merchandise and customer satisfaction or just making sales? At this point, unfortunately, I am truly questioning it. We own our own business and I'm sorry but if I displayed this type of business ethics, I wouldn't be able to stay open as I wouldn't have any customers! We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and our reputation truly reflects that. We would NEVER tolerate one of our employees ever speaking to a customer in the manner Andy did not would we just simply ignore issues our customers have, regardless of what they are! Quality isn't only in your products, it's in your reputation, customer service and those who represent your company as well!!! In all due respect, Badcock, at this point, is lacking in all areas!!?"

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This is very scary reading these reviews because I am having trouble with the Badcock store in Bushnell, Fl. I purchased a red microfiber couch. They delivered it when they said they would. I didn't look at the couch real good when they delivered the couch because I was cooking. So a few hours later I looked at the couch and I noticed that it had a scratch on one of the cushions about 2" long. The store was closed so I called the next day and spoke with Melissa. Melissa said that she would let John know and see what to do because she didn't know if they would just replace the cushion or the whole couch. She said she would find out from John and have John call me.

About 2 weeks later John never called. I called back and spoke with Betty. Betty said that when John got through with his customer he would call me back. That was about a week ago. From reading these reviews it looks like this is a normal pattern for the Badcock stores. I'm praying that it won't be. We will see. I hate to think that I have pay for a damaged couch that was their fault for scratching it. I did also pay for the 3 year protection plan.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

In late 2013 I bought what I thought was high-end leather furniture. I’m retired and thought it would last for the rest of my life. In a little over a year, the incredibly THIN leather started to peel. I couldn’t believe how thin it was. I called Badcock and they said, “Oops! It’s over a year since you bought it. We can do nothing.” I tried to go higher up, but to no avail. Now I am faced with having to buy new furniture in only 5 years after having spent 1000s and 1000s. Don’t make the mistake of buying from Badcock.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I go into Badcock in Brooksville, Fl to purchase a king sized bedroom set. Since I like to purchase things using money since I specifically asked about interest rates etc. Nice gentleman explains I did not qualify for 24 months no interest, but did qualify for 18 months no interest. Well today I visited a different store to make a payment and asked representative if I had to pay a day or so after the due date would it void out my 18 month no interest plan. Representative looks up account and says due to my interest bearing account it wouldn't. Well I questioned what interest and was told to contact the Badcock where I made purchase.

I immediately called and was treated like a 3rd class uneducated citizen. Representative placed me on hold without warning and left me there. I hung up and called corporate just to be told I didn't qualify for non-interest bearing account. Okay, this would been easily accepted pre-purchase. I should've known something wasn't quite right because he only gave me a copy of sale order, but no actual contract. I've been dealing with Badcock for over 20+years. This shady sale ends this relationship. Unhappy Customer.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I purchased a leather recliner sectional several years ago for over $2500. The sectional only lasted for 2 years before it started to peel from moisture and sweat. The Badcock salesperson and the recliner label stated that it was leather but it was pleather. I am very dissatisfied with the quality of Badcock's furniture. I have always been a valuable customer but I will not purchase another item. I called Badcock to complain about the issue and received poor customer service with no alternative to correct the defect. I have purchased many items from Badcock but not anymore. High prices and poor quality furniture.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I purchased a couch and recliner from the Easley, SC store on Black Friday 2018. The furniture was delivered a few days later. When the delivery men unpacked everything, they realized that the couch had 2 right sides. There were no more in stock, so they had to order a new one so they could steal the left side. Two weeks later, Badcock called and said that I could come pick it up. Keep in mind that we paid $99 for delivery. They also refused to refund any part of the delivery fee even though my husband had to return the incorrect part, pick up the right part, and put it together. They said that it wasn't their fault that the couch was shipped incorrectly. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We purchased a leather (imitation) recliner sectional couch and the extended service plan for roughly $2,000.00. Within two years the cord for one recliner broke, activated the service plan, the part had to be ordered and my husband had to go pick it up...bad plan. It was repaired, in doing so, the recliner was tipped over and we discovered the underside of the footrest of the recliner was falling apart, had come apart at the seams and stuffing was falling out...activated the service plan. Not covered.

Badcock contacted us after several social media posts about the situation, and said they would take care of it. Sent a repairman out to fix it, all he did was take a photo, which we already supplied to them, and left. Phoned my husband to say they would not fix it, then sent me an email coupon for $50.00 off of $1,000.00. Also, they remove any negative posts from their social media. Please, Please, Please, do not buy their garbage, it's not worth it at all. Research this company and reviews on a source that is not associated with Badcock as they delete all negatives.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We purchased a recliner loveseat from Badcock and it hasn't even been a year since we purchased it and the recliner loveseat no longer reclines. We paid almost $200 more for the warranty but they will NOT honor it. We have been calling for months just to be told that they aren't going to be able to fix it and they refused to give us our warranty coverage money back. So they are in violation of their contract and I'm going to get a lawyer involved shortly if our couch does not get fixed. Crappy service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I purchased a "leather" sectional sofa about two years ago. Everything was great up until the "leather" started peeling off and now my couch looks like **. I find red "leather" pieces literally everywhere around my house. I'm probably going to end up throwing out this expensive as hell couch because it's a piece of crap. Thanks for selling me such great quality furniture. Never going back.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased a leather Sofa and chair, and a loveseat about two and a half years ago. The leather has cracked and peeled from the seat back of the loveseat leaving white, colorless areas on the dark brown leather. I would not have believed new furniture would have such a short life.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We bought a $1700 sectional in November 2017. In July 2018 one of the recliners pull cords broke. We thought "No Problem", it's under warranty plus we paid extra for the protection plan. NOT!!! What a damn joke!!! They sent someone out 4 weeks after we called and the guy looked at it and said it would have to be fixed. Well no ** Sherlock...what was your first damn clue?! Then had us sign a paper and said someone else would contact us. We have called multiple times only to be told by the Badcock store in Salisbury, NC, that the part is on order. Mind you...it's only a plastic pull handle. They MUST be under a huge demand these days. So here we are in November 2018 and our sectional still isnt fixed nor was a replacement offered. Do yourselves a favor and NEVER buy a single product from this ** show of a company. BBB here we come!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Bedroom furniture got delivered, handles were left turned inward so unable to use, had to come back, once installed & drawers were open, you could see daylight on every drawer where they connected. Bed had nicks & was nicked. Pieces were suppose to be replaced, found another issue w/ the bed & decided at that point not to purchase, mattress made you feel like you were going to roll off. Return Policy states you are REQUIRED to keep for 30 days & have up to 60 to return, well NO you do not, you have to REPLACE even though you're not buying the bed. They are trying to force you to buy the mattress. Okay, so what do I do w/ a mattress & no bed? I told them to take it back so they come & get the mattress & bed.

I review the return paperwork & see they are charging me way more than I agreed to on the re-stock fee on a mattress that I am not happy with. Now they have charged my account $993.63 for a $318.86 recliner. So to our misleading liars at Badcock Home Nightmares & More, do you & I'm going to do me. You don't want to come pick up the chair because it was bought in August, it was your butts who have been playing this game or you would have had all of this back much sooner. Now that you have dealt me this hand of cards. I am now officially letting you know that because you "Don't" return phone calls, I'm DONE w/ my phone calls to you all of which are to no avail anyway.

You are not interested in customer service, it's about how you can rip off your customers by hiding behind the phone with all of what you "Don't" do & charging fees that are outrageous, so my friends, take your fees, if you don't want to come get the recliner that is fine because this ** IS NOT PAYING FOR IT!!! I want NOTHING to do w/ Badcock EVER. Get this, the mattress was still wrapped & sealed in its plastic so no one would EVER know it was a returned item!!! This place is a bad, bad joke & I will never associate myself with this type of business EVER again!!! This is in association with the Palmetto, Florida store location & all their idiots except one, which is a fella named Willie because no one else there could handle me because once you start messing with my money be ready to throw down because I work too hard to give my money to the likes of this business!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

We purchased the grey sectional leather sofa it came defected. Was never offered a replacement instead they sent a tech to do a horrible job, the sofa is peeling and cracking. We have to throw it out. Corporate doesn't care. Michael ** is a joke but I suggest anyone with a problem call him ** . Maybe if enough people call they will bring in honorable products!!! Next step BBB.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought a living room set for 2600.00 dollars. The quality is cheap. The one chair squeaks when pulled back as it's rocking and leans to one side. Disgusting. The chair is already wrinkle and have not had it for a year yet. The customer service at the store was terrible. I had to ask for someone else to help me. Customers should be treated right and receive satisfaction when purchasing, some people just do not care. It is just sad. Dissatisfied Customer.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I called to Badcock on Monday October the 15th about some brackets to stand up my mirror on a Bedroom set that I had just purchased. Was told prior that they had to order brackets that would take 6 to 8 weeks to get. Decided to call and ask why and manager said they may be under the dresser. My question is why didn't I receive a call about this matter instead of me having to call back to find out. I looked under dresser and brackets were there. I called on Monday thinking they could send someone right out to put mirror up and ask questions and the employee thought he hung up the phone and didn't and he called me a **. I will never ever deal with or walk into a Badcock store ever again. When I called Corporate office they wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor and talked over me so I couldn't even say what I needed to say. What kind of company is this. I wish I'd known and I would have never given them my business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

You go online to check what you owe, and you think you have it paid down, then in several days you go back on there, the price has jack up $40.00 to $60.00. I owe a little $485.00, when I went on there a couple of days back and it was only $438.00. Once this is paid off, there will not be any more buying anything else. It is outrageous what they charge on some of their furniture. Some of their furniture is great.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I bought a brand new mattress set from Badcock & More on 2/22/2018. The mattress came with a ten year warranty. Well on 9/13/2018 I went to the Badcock store in Hartwell, Ga., where it was purchased and told them that the mattress was beginning to dip out on both sides and offered no support. They (Badcock) told me to go home and take pictures of the mattress to show the issues. I went home and took the pictures and emailed them to the store. I went in the following day to see if the pictures were received. I was told those pictures were not any good. I would have to take pictures of a straight edge laying across the mattress and a tape measure showing the distance between the bottom edge and the surface of the mattress. My measurements average about an inch. I sent the pictures in.

I received an email on 9/20/2018 stating that a team from the store would be out to verify the measurements and check the mattress for stains. They came out on 9/24/2018. When the two saw the mattress and how it was cupped and dipping the reaction was WOW. They took their measurements then inspected the mattress and then left. I received a call the next day stating they only averaged .5". There is nothing they can do. I asked them how a new mattress sags and dips after just 6 months. This mattress has no support and is actually causing me and my wife to have back issues. We are now sleeping on the sofa, because it's more comfortable.

I contacted the mattress company and they told me to go through Badcock. WHAT A SCAM! The mattress is six months old! I have spent a lot of money at Badcock over the years, but I will never spend another dime at Badcock. You would think that they would do what they can to help a customer, new or old. One of the most noncaring customer services I have experienced.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Last week I went to Badcock out of curiosity. Upon arriving, I walked all around the store until I found a bedroom set that totally caught my eye. My sales assoc. came over and made me feel right at home. She is quite an asset to Badcock & very knowledgeable of their products. She explained everything that I needed, and today, I have that beautiful bedroom set in my home. Thank you Ms. Jackie for being a blessing to me. I look forward to doing more business with you & bringing my friends to see you.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information