1.34/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Last updated: May 21, 2018

200 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

Badcock Home Furniture & More (Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL) is an excellent furniture store and more! I rate it best for customer service, cleanliness and quality. The entire staff that I interacted with was welcoming, personable, very polite, dependable and prompt. Don ** (the assistant manager) and Ms. ** were extremely helpful, reasonable, and polite while helping me. They actually made my day. I walked in that store with a lot on my mind and God placed these two angels before me. Ms. ** was a sweetheart. She was very knowledgeable when it came to the furniture and sales. She helped me remain in my price range. Also, she never grew weary or impatient with me. The assistant manager Don worked with Ms. ** and I. He made sure I was taken care of and made my load a lot lighter than what I anticipated.

Lord knows when I walked in there I didn’t think I would be leaving being able to get everything I needed. Don made sure I got what I needed and more. He was amazing. The entire staff was pleasant. There was another young lady there but I didn’t catch her name. She didn’t help with my purchase but she made friendly conversation with my sister and me as we waited. The young man behind the counter didn’t talk much but he smiled and made friendly gestures. While being there, I noticed how attentive they all were when customers walked in. They make you feel like you’re being welcomed into a home. I was quite taken with the great customer service, cleanliness and excellent quality of this store. I walked out of this store feeling so blessed and I will be forever grateful for all they did to help me! Kudos to Don and his staff!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I called Badcock Furniture in Pompano Beach, FL regarding my next payment due. The company debits my account every month on the 8th. I called and spoke to John. I asked that they please debit my checking account on the 11th. I was told it wouldn't be a problem. The money was pending in my account on the 8th! Pending is the same as taking it. I got 6 NSF fees because of this. I've called the store, customer service, and filed a complaint with BBB. I am out of $216.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Badcock in Florence Alabama. I purchased a mattress, seemed as if everything was fine until I received my first bill which to my surprise was significantly more than my contract. I contact the store and the manager apologized saying they had put the wrong price on the type I purchased so they had redone my contract and I would need to come by to sign. I was given a date when it would be delivered and it never showed up so I phoned the store to see what the problem was, was told they forgot to order it. So I had to wait another 6 days again given a date a time. 3 hours after the time I was given I call and was told the delivery crew had left, the manager brought it himself on his way home and I had to help unload it and put it on the bed, I have a bad neck and back from a wreck where I was hit head on by drunken driver and I explained this to him.

Next I was told I would get a refund for delivery fee which never happened even after contacting home office and they in turn had to contact the owner of that store and I would be called back. It never happened and never did receive my discount. Found out the mattress set actually came off the floor so I had them to come get it and returned it... but now I am paying for the delivery fee 2 times once for delivery and once for pick up which took me 4 days before I could get them to come get it. Also they charged me a huge late fee which increased my interest and I am paying a bill of $400.00 for getting absolutely nothing and if I don't pay guess what? It damages my credit. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere.

Original review: March 28, 2018

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I thought I was saving myself from all the hassle of ordering online buying local. Wrong. I purchased a dining set that I was told had been returned. Had a few scratches. One chair had to be repaired. It was also discontinued. For the price, I thought why not, has to be a deal. NOT. So a week later it finally arrives and it's not here 5 minutes before a leg completely snaps off from scooting it over like an inch. Not to another room. Literally barely moved it. I get told it takes 2 people to move a table, any table like that is going to break if not. No understanding from the manager that it broke, didn't want to take it back.

On top of that. It's a 20% fee to send it back. On top of delivery. Which the lady made sure to mention more than once that I got a break on since it's 49 for one item and 99 for more than one. I'm sorry but it's a set that took you less than 10 minutes to deliver and pick up. It's not heavy. Already assembled. I paid 49 to deliver. 99 for them to come pick it up. 600 total and I get 400 back. I thought I was getting a deal. Now I've wasted 200 and had to deal with the least customer service friendly manager I've ever met. NEVER AGAIN. Please don't shop here. You might as well go to Wal-mart and build it yourself. I wish I had read the reviews.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been a customer of Badcock for 4yrs or more. My payments are due the 5th of every month, this month I paid on the 9th. When I got paid I called it in on my debit card as I always have and got a confirmation # and it showed it posted on my bank statement online. Today I went to check my account to see how much money I had and I noticed I was in the negative. After reviewing it and calling my bank I learned that Badcock had processed my payment I made on March 9th on March 20th! 2 weeks later.

I called the home office and a rep told me that anyone who made a payment on March 9th payments did not process through because of a flaw in "their system" and was sent back to the customer account!! Not only did they NOT call or send out a letter within the 2 weeks of reprocessing. They aren't even taking responsibility of over drafting their customers' accounts or notifying them on the careless error on their end. I was told that I could possibly be reimbursed for bank charges which would take weeks or months. I am furious... They don't hesitate to call if you are one day late for a payment, but had plenty of time to contact their customers of something this big and yes it's big because not only myself but I'm sure other customers are now in negative for their mistake!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: March 18, 2018

Paid $1500 for 2 recliners with each repaired once, again making loud popping sound as they had previously so evidently not repaired correctly and while still in warranty said they had no one to repair them now and would replace but I had to pay $250 for delivery!! I only paid $99 for original delivery! Poor quality merchandise, poor repair service and very poor customer service!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I felt you couldn't browse the store. My friend was looking to buy bedroom furniture and we also wanted to browse, but we were rushed to checkout. One of the female staff assisting our sales person (Taylor) with questions spoke aggressively to me when I asked how much was the protection plan. Again I was with my friend who added a chair as a gift for me in which I've since asked him to remove from order. I will never purchase from this company!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I applied for financing from this company one year ago. They approved me for a $3,000 credit line. I made payments for 12 months, of $160 a month. I never missed a payment, I was never late on any payments. Today I went into the store to purchase an additional item, with a value of $199. According to my latest statement, my available credit balance was over $1,000. When I tried to purchase this piece of furniture I was told that since it had been a year since I opened the account, I would need to update all of my information. I filled out the form, and waited. Nearly 45 minutes later I was called up to the desk and told that due to "new financing rules" I had been DEMOTED and my credit line reduced to $750. They then told me that as a result I was NEGATIVE $2000 in credit and could not purchase the $199 item. Badcock can kiss my ** now and hold their breath for any further business from me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I am writing this review because my son is trying to establish credit. He went to Badcock to purchase him a bedroom suite. He hasn't had this bedroom suite but about 4 months & the platform broke on the bed. He called Badcock & they sent someone out to repair it. Nothing was done. He called the store which is in Laurens S.C. & a claim was also filed. He was advised that there is nothing they could do due to they considered the bed to be abused. My son doesn't weigh 125 pounds soak and wet. I don't care if he weighed 500lbs nothing should be broken within less than 4 months & they say there is nothing they will be able to do. So I see why no credit is refused bc this company is a sham. Please take your hard earned dollars elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

There’s not enough characters to share exactly why this place will NEVER receive business from me again. Long story short: Bought a furniture set... bought insurance but was not told that not having the furniture delivered would leave us without help if the furniture happened to be defected. So, not expecting to receive broken furniture & with having the insurance, we didn’t pay extra for delivery since we had a truck at the time. First set— would not recline... after days of arguing with managers & even calling corporate, we loaded up the couch & took it back for another couch.

Second set— leans TERRIBLY to the right when reclined & the arms of the chairs won’t stay in securely. I haven’t called about it— why? Because I’m 36 weeks pregnant & don’t feel like trying to find the transportation or help to get the couch BACK to Badcock to receive another one that may not work either. And I honestly don’t want to fuss with anyone about their TERRIBLE, AWFUL, HORRIBLE quality furniture... BAD furniture. BAD customer service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Me and my wife got a living room set delivered and one part of the sectional was missing. They offered to follow up with me and deliver it the following week. After me placing several phone calls they to realized that they failed to do their due diligence and never ordered the missing piece. It's now the second week and although they offered to deliver it by this Wednesday, I was told that it will be this Friday.

I perfectly understand that a part could be missing and strive to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's hard to cope with their lack of communication. I went ahead and purchased an extended warranty with them and my concern is having to face the same type of service in times of need. Not to mention that when we both asked for how long we will have to make the monthly payments, the lady assisting us stated "give them a call so that they can tell you".

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I just purchased a loveseat on October 19th, tried returning it, was told they don't accept returns. "Okay so if I don't pay my bill, you'll come repo it..." NOPE. THEY NO LONGER REPO ANYTHING. "UHHHHH... so you're telling me if I can no longer pay my bill, you're NOT going to come get a loveseat I got from there," NOPE. They tried returning it, you don't want it back, this is insane. So if someone dies, who pays their bill???

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Called for warranty service, it took 30 days to get them to my house due to my ZIP Code. When Serviceman arrived it took 10 days later for part to be ordered. Nine being told 2 to 3 weeks for part to come in and it will be shipped to the store and I have to go to the store and get the part and then I have to call for another service call for repairman to install the part. This service request is pushing 60 days now with no help from local management or local store.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Buyer Beware!!! I have been laid off to write this review, but I can't hold off any longer. This company does not provide good customer service, nor does it live up to its warranty. Needless to say I bought a bed for my kids with warranty and the first time I called I was told the part that was broken was not covered. Associate informed me that the part could not be ordered, but would speak to management because they had the part I needed in the back. I never got a return phone call. I called back a week later to get the measurement of the bed and although I received the information, was told to hold off on buying what I needed because they wanted to have management call about replacing the part.

Another week past with no phone call from anyone. The next time I called before I could finish telling the associate what was wrong, they stopped me and told me that my issue wasn't covered. After I pressed on about the issue I was put on the list for someone to come out and fix my problem. The day that someone was supposed to come, NO ONE CAME! Called back to find out they had put me down, but no one confirmed my appointment. When they finally came, the parts they had were not what they needed to fix my problem. I was told the parts had to be ordered, to this day NO ONE HAS YET TO CALL ME! This company is not a good place to spend your money and their slogan BADCOCK and More Makes It Easy is a complete utter LIE!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Bought 2 swivel rocker recliners. 1 was ok although the vinyl on the side is cracking. The other never sat right and the vinyl on the inside is tearing. Took that one back to the store for repair and was told they ordered a part. 3 weeks later the part had not come in from Best Home Furnishing in Indiana. They (Badcock) gave a replacement chair and now am having same problem from new chair. Best Home Furnishing has terrible rating with BBB so do not think I will buy anything from that store again ever!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

NEVER order from them... I don't care how beautiful the furniture is the delivery process is a straight piece of **! It took three whole weeks to get my bed set and when they finally get here there are pieces that's missing... Horrible horrible horrible!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought so-called leather recliner and couch spending over $1700. The couch and chair started flaking around the two year mark. I was told it was leather where the body touches. Liars. Will not ever buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Badcock delivered a new dryer, yesterday. It was broken. They will not fix it. My daughter opened a new account. She is in her 20s. The store owner, refused to fix it and said if she returns it. He will destroy her credit. She paid 100.00 to have it delivered. The dryer is 700.00. We don't know what to do. She bought a warranty and when you call the phone number to Whirlpool. The man from some other country, told to unplug it. And replug it. He then hung up.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I bought two lamps from Badcock last year. They both had a brown tint to them. The only one they offer in that style is gray. This is the letter I get each time. "Regarding the colors of merchandise that we offer, this is something that we take into consideration when we chose items from different manufacturers. It could very well be that this particular manufacturer does not offer this particular lamp in brown. We invite you to visit one of our stores or visit our website at www.badcock.com to see the lamps that we do offer in brown. Hopefully, we have something else that may interest you. Thank you again for your email."

Badcock Home Furniture & more Hey Badcock! How did I purchase TWO of THESE LAMPS IN ONE OF YOUR STORES IF YOU DIDN'T OFFER THEM! Secondly, pretty sure the manufacturer makes them in that color! Otherwise, again how did I purchase two of them in your store! These lamps are over 80.00 a piece out the door. I will not be purchasing anything else from you when you can't even check with the manufacturer to see if they do have a lamp in that color.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

When I made a purchase of $1800.00 from Babcock store in Hendersonville NC... I made it very clear that I did not wish to purchase the insurance on the furniture. When I receive my second bill they are charging me with the insurance. I call their number first and was told they couldn't do anything about it. I sent them an email and their respond to me was they did not have enough information to process my claim even though I had sent them my account number. Then I call their 800 number the lady tried to tell me I had signed a paper agreeing to the insurance I did not. She said she would take care of it. I called the store where I purchased the furniture they said don't worry they would take care of it. When I go in to made a payment today and ask if this has been took care of they say no and give me yet another number to call when I called this number I was hung up on.

I borrowed the money and paid them off… I will never do business with this company again. They charge 20 on your total purchase for the insurance on your furniture this would have been $360.00 I would have to pay. It was the manager of the Hendersonville store that I had told I did not want the insurances and when I question him about it he says “Do you want me to cancel it?” I said I never wanted or agreed to it. I had to sign a paper to cancel it saying I had agreed to it when I had not just to get it stopped and again I said I have a problem with signing this I never agreed to the insurance them I was told that is the only paper we have. Never ever do business with this company. I sure wish I had researched them first.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Badcock advertises that no credit is refused. Flat out lie. I was refused credit just two weeks ago and have the letter to prove it. I am thinking of a lawsuit as this is false advertisement. Please beware.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Ordered 3 rooms of furniture. Didn't tell us until delivery that bed was missing rails and brackets leaving us to sleep on floor for over 2 weeks. Took 3 months to receive the entire order. Quick to take money and then leave you hanging. Called and they never returned calls. Wrote letter. They never responded. There are a lot of furniture stores out there. Better off going elsewhere.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My experiences with Badcock Home Furniture have been positive ones, both in the Greenville, NC and Wilson, NC areas. The sales person at both places were very professional and helpful. I have been in contact with the manager at the Wilson office. He was most helpful. The staff members in the Wilson office are awesome. My plans are to continue to purchase furniture from Badcock Home Furniture in the future. I am very satisfied with my purchases. I appreciate the professionalism. Special thanks to William, Alliyah and Jorge. You guys rock!

Original review: July 22, 2017

Don't buy from this company and specifically the Brooksville, Fl store! I bought two leather couches, a TV, and coffee table for ridiculous amounts of money and during the first year alone we have the warranty department come out to replace broken mechanical parts, leather tearing, springs popping out, etc. After one year they basically told me "oh well fix it yourself." Now 3 years later both couches are mechanically broken, stuffing falling out underneath, AND the leather has flaked off and worn completely off! It looks like 30 year old furniture. Horrible customer service and the quality is so bad I am never shopping here again. I paid almost $800 for a 42 inch TV after it was all done. What a ripoff!

Original review: July 18, 2017

My father is 71 years and has cancer and was recently hospitalized for breaking his femur and back. When he was finally able to call to pay his Badcock appliances payment they refused to taken because he owed 2 payments. They are now trying to repossess his oven and refrigerator. They sold him a TV that broke and refused to repair or replace or credit him for it. This is a disgusting company. He asked that they stop calling him and they call 3 times a day. He wants to pay his bill but needs a bit of time due to being injured and they simply refuse to work with. They broke his front door when delivering the appliances and refused to repair it. Just horrid company. Now he has to go to court 08/12/2017 with a broken femur and back. They just will not allow him to the opportunity to catch up the payments. Disgusting...

Original review: July 17, 2017

I made a purchase on 7/3 with a 10% discount... my husband went into the store 2 days later and wanted something different. I was told that I would have to delete the first item and I wouldn't get my 10% on the new item and then I purchased an additional item (a living room set) and had to basically pay for it out of pocket. I paid 1,700 and my total was 1,500 what kinda ** is that... not to mention they haven't ran my credit again and I have purchased and paid for 3 other items (a rug, bedroom set and chester drawer) all paid for. After this I am going to room to go... Badcock Home Furniture and More sucks.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Bought a chair and foot stool from... Badcock Furniture... 3 months old and the cushion to the chair starting getting a butt print in it. Call to get it repaired and was told that I would get a call from the service department. 3 weeks go by and no call so I call them back. Customer service tells me that they have not got any records of me calling but when I started jumping down the ladies throat, that's when she tells me that her service man didn't make it to my house cause he was out for family emergency that he would call me when he comes back next week.

That never happened. I called back and demanded someone better take care of this problem with my chair. They finally sent a repairman out to check the chair out. They picked it up and stuffed it and brought it back. Now here we are 2 months later and the same problem again and now I'm being told that's normal wear. This chair is only 9 months old since I've had this chair and $1300.00 dollars and it's trash cause they refuse to fix it even though there's a warranty on the chair for 12 months or a year. Badcock furniture is junk but high price. Run. Don't buy from them cause you're buying poor furniture at a high price.

Original review: July 11, 2017 After having a account for 2 years with Badcock furniture in Haines city Florida with Very (Good Standing) with the credit Bureau Payment History paying

Badcock furniture I had to have my credit pulled again to purchase another item that I wanted to buy. It was a mower. My credit limit was $1,150. It went down to $1,000 and I was told I had to put more money down to get the mower. In which I wasn't able to do at that time. If I can give them a zero I will. I THINK IT'S UNFAIR LENDING PRACTICE.

Original review: July 8, 2017

This store is the worst. Purchased a bedroom set from them. When delivering and setting it up, they tightened some of the screws too tight and there were obvious "cracking" sounds from the bed. We mentioned it and the delivery person said that was normal. Within a couple days, pieces of the bed started breaking and had to be propped up with blocks. Called the store and they said they would order replacement parts immediately because it was under warranty. They sent the same delivery person out once to fix it, with the wrong parts and he promised to return the next day.

I've fought and argued with them about this for nearly a year now and my bed is still propped up on blocks. Two months ago, I finally stopped making payments. I did this ONLY after the mattress and box springs fell through the frame and were ripped ruined (they belonged to me by the way). I AM NOT PAYING FOR A DEFECTIVE BED! At this point, they call and inform me that IF I catch my payments up, they will repair the bed. Absolutely not!!

NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!! I AM reporting them to the BBB and I have documented everything including them blowing up my cell phone every day after I asked them to stop calling it. That's what they make attorneys for??? I'm VERY Dissatisfied. This was the store on Cortez Ave in Brooksville, FL. The furniture (which they were scheduled to pick up yesterday afternoon) is still sitting on my carport. I sat at home all day yesterday waiting on them to show up to pick it up but as usual, they didn't show up.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased a dryer on Tuesday 07/03/2017. It came in on Thursday 07/05/2017. Went pick up, got about 610, waited for 20 minutes and then was told could not pick up after 6. Was not told I couldn't till I showed up to get it. Told them that was fine. Just keep it. Will buy somewhere else. I am going to post on social media and gonna tell everyone to stay away. This happened at store in Bristol Virginia. Very bad business.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information