1.26/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Badcock Home Furniture and More

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

185 Badcock Home Furniture and More Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

NEVER order from them... I don't care how beautiful the furniture is the delivery process is a straight piece of **! It took three whole weeks to get my bed set and when they finally get here there are pieces that's missing... Horrible horrible horrible!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought so-called leather recliner and couch spending over $1700. The couch and chair started flaking around the two year mark. I was told it was leather where the body touches. Liars. Will not ever buy from them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Badcock delivered a new dryer, yesterday. It was broken. They will not fix it. My daughter opened a new account. She is in her 20s. The store owner, refused to fix it and said if she returns it. He will destroy her credit. She paid 100.00 to have it delivered. The dryer is 700.00. We don't know what to do. She bought a warranty and when you call the phone number to Whirlpool. The man from some other country, told to unplug it. And replug it. He then hung up.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I bought two lamps from Badcock last year. They both had a brown tint to them. The only one they offer in that style is gray. This is the letter I get each time. "Regarding the colors of merchandise that we offer, this is something that we take into consideration when we chose items from different manufacturers. It could very well be that this particular manufacturer does not offer this particular lamp in brown. We invite you to visit one of our stores or visit our website at www.badcock.com to see the lamps that we do offer in brown. Hopefully, we have something else that may interest you. Thank you again for your email."

Badcock Home Furniture & more Hey Badcock! How did I purchase TWO of THESE LAMPS IN ONE OF YOUR STORES IF YOU DIDN'T OFFER THEM! Secondly, pretty sure the manufacture makes them in that color! Otherwise, again how did I purchase two of them in your store! These lamps are over 80.00 a piece out the door. I will not be purchasing anything else from you when you can't even check with the manufacturer to see if they do have a lamp in that color.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

When I made a purchase of $1800.00 from Babcock store in Hendersonville NC... I made it very clear that I did not wish to purchase the insurance on the furniture. When I receive my second bill they are charging me with the insurance. I call their number first and was told they couldn't do anything about it. I sent them an email and their respond to me was they did not have enough information to process my claim even though I had sent them my account number. Then I call their 800 number the lady tried to tell me I had signed a paper agreeing to the insurance I did not. She said she would take care of it. I called the store where I purchased the furniture they said don't worry they would take care of it. When I go in to made a payment today and ask if this has been took care of they say no and give me yet another number to call when I called this number I was hung up on.

I borrowed the money and paid them off… I will never do business with this company again. They charge 20 on your total purchase for the insurance on your furniture this would have been $360.00 I would have to pay. It was the manager of the Hendersonville store that I had told I did not want the insurances and when I question him about it he says “Do you want me to cancel it?” I said I never wanted or agreed to it. I had to sign a paper to cancel it saying I had agreed to it when I had not just to get it stopped and again I said I have a problem with signing this I never agreed to the insurance them I was told that is the only paper we have. Never ever do business with this company. I sure wish I had researched them first.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Badcock advertises that no credit is refused. Flat out lie. I was refused credit just two weeks ago and have the letter to prove it. I am thinking of a lawsuit as this is false advertisement. Please beware.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Ordered 3 rooms of furniture. Didn't tell us until delivery that bed was missing rails and brackets leaving us to sleep on floor for over 2 weeks. Took 3 months to receive the entire order. Quick to take money and then leave you hanging. Called and they never returned calls. Wrote letter. They never responded. There are a lot of furniture stores out there. Better off going elsewhere.

Original review: July 24, 2017

My experiences with Badcock Home Furniture have been positive ones, both in the Greenville, NC and Wilson, NC areas. The sales person at both places were very professional and helpful. I have been in contact with the manager at the Wilson office. He was most helpful. The staff members in the Wilson office are awesome. My plans are to continue to purchase furniture from Badcock Home Furniture in the future. I am very satisfied with my purchases. I appreciate the professionalism. Special thanks to William, Alliyah and Jorge. You guys rock!

Original review: July 22, 2017

Don't buy from this company and specifically the Brooksville, Fl store! I bought two leather couches, a TV, and coffee table for ridiculous amounts of money and during the first year alone we have the warranty department come out to replace broken mechanical parts, leather tearing, springs popping out, etc. After one year they basically told me "oh well fix it yourself." Now 3 years later both couches are mechanically broken, stuffing falling out underneath, AND the leather has flaked off and worn completely off! It looks like 30 year old furniture. Horrible customer service and the quality is so bad I am never shopping here again. I paid almost $800 for a 42 inch TV after it was all done. What a ripoff!

Original review: July 18, 2017

My father is 71 years and has cancer and was recently hospitalized for breaking his femur and back. When he was finally able to call to pay his Badcock appliances payment they refused to taken because he owed 2 payments. They are now trying to repossess his oven and refrigerator. They sold him a TV that broke and refused to repair or replace or credit him for it. This is a disgusting company. He asked that they stop calling him and they call 3 times a day. He wants to pay his bill but needs a bit of time due to being injured and they simply refuse to work with. They broke his front door when delivering the appliances and refused to repair it. Just horrid company. Now he has to go to court 08/12/2017 with a broken femur and back. They just will not allow him to the opportunity to catch up the payments. Disgusting...

Original review: July 17, 2017

I made a purchase on 7/3 with a 10% discount... my husband went into the store 2 days later and wanted something different. I was told that I would have to delete the first item and I wouldn't get my 10% on the new item and then I purchased an additional item (a living room set) and had to basically pay for it out of pocket. I paid 1,700 and my total was 1,500 what kinda ** is that... not to mention they haven't ran my credit again and I have purchased and paid for 3 other items (a rug, bedroom set and chester drawer) all paid for. After this I am going to room to go... Badcock Home Furniture and More sucks.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Bought a chair and foot stool from... Badcock Furniture... 3 months old and the cushion to the chair starting getting a butt print in it. Call to get it repaired and was told that I would get a call from the service department. 3 weeks go by and no call so I call them back. Customer service tells me that they have not got any records of me calling but when I started jumping down the ladies throat, that's when she tells me that her service man didn't make it to my house cause he was out for family emergency that he would call me when he comes back next week.

That never happened. I called back and demanded someone better take care of this problem with my chair. They finally sent a repairman out to check the chair out. They picked it up and stuffed it and brought it back. Now here we are 2 months later and the same problem again and now I'm being told that's normal wear. This chair is only 9 months old since I've had this chair and $1300.00 dollars and it's trash cause they refuse to fix it even though there's a warranty on the chair for 12 months or a year. Badcock furniture is junk but high price. Run. Don't buy from them cause you're buying poor furniture at a high price.

Original review: July 11, 2017
    After having a account for 2 years with Badcock furniture in Haines city Florida with Very (Good Standing) with the credit Bureau Payment History paying

Badcock furniture I had to have my credit pulled again to purchase another item that I wanted to buy. It was a mower. My credit limit was $1,150. It went down to $1,000 and I was told I had to put more money down to get the mower. In which I wasn't able to do at that time. If I can give them a zero I will. I THINK IT'S UNFAIR LENDING PRACTICE.

Original review: July 8, 2017

This store is the worst. Purchased a bedroom set from them. When delivering and setting it up, they tightened some of the screws too tight and there were obvious "cracking" sounds from the bed. We mentioned it and the delivery person said that was normal. Within a couple days, pieces of the bed started breaking and had to be propped up with blocks. Called the store and they said they would order replacement parts immediately because it was under warranty. They sent the same delivery person out once to fix it, with the wrong parts and he promised to return the next day.

I've fought and argued with them about this for nearly a year now and my bed is still propped up on blocks. Two months ago, I finally stopped making payments. I did this ONLY after the mattress and box springs fell through the frame and were ripped ruined (they belonged to me by the way). I AM NOT PAYING FOR A DEFECTIVE BED! At this point, they call and inform me that IF I catch my payments up, they will repair the bed. Absolutely not!!

NEVER EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!! I AM reporting them to the BBB and I have documented everything including them blowing up my cell phone every day after I asked them to stop calling it. That's what they make attorneys for??? I'm VERY Dissatisfied. This was the store on Cortez Ave in Brooksville, FL. The furniture (which they were scheduled to pick up yesterday afternoon) is still sitting on my carport. I sat at home all day yesterday waiting on them to show up to pick it up but as usual, they didn't show up.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I purchased a dryer on Tuesday 07/03/2017. It came in on Thursday 07/05/2017. Went pick up, got about 610, waited for 20 minutes and then was told could not pick up after 6. Was not told I couldn't till I showed up to get it. Told them that was fine. Just keep it. Will buy somewhere else. I am going to post on social media and gonna tell everyone to stay away. This happened at store in Bristol Virginia. Very bad business.

Original review: July 1, 2017

Three summers ago our window unit that we purchased and used the prior summer would not cool. We had paid somewhere between $800.00 to $900.00 for it. And purchased a warranty. We called our local store about the problem. And they said that they would send out a repair man the next day. Mind you we are elderly and we live in Georgia. In the very middle of the state. Summer is brutal. The repairman arrives late afternoon the next day. We understand that we are not the only ones that need something repaired. So no big deal.

But his diagnosis was that a part was no longer working and he would have to order the part. But the kicker was the cost $1500.00. $1500.00 to repair a window unit that was less than $1000.00. That did not make any logical sense. So I call the store and said just take back the unit that does not work and replace it with one of equal value. To which I was informed it would have to be repaired. They could not give me another one.

After waiting for two weeks with no air, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I called the home office in Fl. and asked to speak to the owner. I was connected to Mr. Badcock. I explained my plight. And he agreed that it was ridiculous to spend that much on a repair. He told me that he would call me back within two hours. And he did. He told me the store would be delivering a new unit before closing hours which was less than two hrs. True to his word, it was delivered and installed. And the old one removed.

Shortly after closing hours Mr. Badcock called to confirm that all had been taken care of and that I was satisfied. He told me if I had any other problems to contact him or his nephew who he connected me too. And that young said the same as his uncle and gave me his # to contact him by if any problems arose again. The only problems we're experienced locally. But we couldn't have been treated any better than we were from those at the top. I will continue to be a customer of Badcock Furniture.

Original review: June 27, 2017

Called Badcock because the side and middle of mattress just sink in after only 3 years. We were told if it has any stains it totally voids the warranty??? Show many any mattress that doesn't have some sort of stain or another. Then they tell us we have to bring the mattress to them for them to inspect it. This is the Badcock store in Brooksville Fl. Seems once you buy something you are on your own as we are also having problems with a couch we purchased from them and they told us we need to take it up with the manufacturer.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I purchased two recliners and a queen bed set through Badcock on December 6th 2016. In February one of my recliners broke. I called to have it fixed. They came picked up. They kept it one day claiming it was infested with bugs. I don't have bugs in my home. Now my other recliner is messed up. I pay $100 a month with insurance and a warranty. They refuse to work on my chairs. DON'T GO WITH BADCOCK FOR ANYTHING.

Original review: May 23, 2017

If you buy an extended warranty for furniture you better read the contract first. I have an extended warranty for my recliner. My stuffing in the chair is shifted so it is very uncomfortable to sit in. My back hurts after sitting in the chair for any length of time. Of course that is not covered under the extended warranty. I am 73 years old living on small social security check and cannot afford a new chair.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Sofa less than 4 years old and the material began to crack disintegrate. The sofa has been hardly used. The sofa was not cheap as it was $2,000 with the loveseat. Company would do nothing to help us. Shame on you Badcock... I hope the day comes soon when you close your doors... FOR GOOD!

Original review: May 16, 2017

I purchased my dryer June 19, 2015. April 2017 it stopped working. I called Badcock and they gave me the warranty co number. They asked for the number on the dryer. I gave it to them but it didn't match with the number Badcock gave them. Long story short that conversation started on 4/25/17 and my dryer just got fixed today 5/16/17. Their service sucked. One kept blaming the other. I will never purchase anything else again!!!

Original review: May 1, 2017

My mom got a lift chair from there. It started acting up so they swapped it out with a mother chair. Shortly after this chair arrived she started noticing little tiny bugs. She called the exterminator and had him come spray. She still saw them. After 2 months I finally check the chair and it is infested with bedbugs. I called the store. They tell me to call corporate which I did. They said to send pics and they call me back in two day.

Original review: April 10, 2017

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! Andrew (sales mgr) of Badcock Columbia, TN was very unhelpful, unprofessional and unpleasant and constantly lied through his teeth. I scheduled delivery of my furniture (a week after I purchased it) on a Monday after 4pm. I requested the last available delivery appointment because I worked out of town. A delivery date and time was scheduled and confirmed on the day before by Andrew. On the day my furniture was set to be delivered, the delivery men called at 12:30pm stating that they were on their way to deliver my furniture. THREE HOURS EARLIER THAN SCHEDULED! I advised them that they were early and that I worked out of town but I would leave work early and meet them at my home at 2pm. This was confirmed and agreed upon.

So I am home waiting on my furniture to be delivered when I receive a call from Andrew at 2:30pm. Andrew has now decided on the day of delivery, AFTER I have left work early to meet them that it was now policy that they do not promise a definite delivery time and therefore the delivery could not be made and would have to be rescheduled for yet another date and delivery window. I am pissed! Andrew lied and did nothing to try to satisfy the customer. I requested to speak with a manager and he told me to call the 1-800 number but they were not going to do anything but transfer me back to him. Rent-A-Center has better customer service. Never again will I do business with this company.

Original review: April 4, 2017

The store on memorial hwy in tampa is the worst store I have ever bought from. To begin with they couldn't get the delivery to happen. They rescheduled my delivery THREE times, and have no idea what they are doing. I canceled my order and requested a refund due to the fact they don't know how to work and they are trying to short my refund for free. They did absolutely nothing but mess up my order three times. They are morons and the store should be shut down. The manager is another idiot that doesn't know anything either. Buyer beware. Do not go to this store!!!

Original review: April 4, 2017

I got a new bedroom suite, a entertainment center delivered. The entertainment center was damaged out the box. The guys suggested they leave it while a new one came. A week later they called and said they had my new one. They got here and had the wrong piece. They have still not made it right. I will never buy from them again!

Original review: March 16, 2017

We purchased a bedroom and dining table and chairs from Badcock. In the store the sales people could not be any nicer, promising if we were not satisfied they would replace anything. We purchased a pillow top mattress, which the salesman recommended personally saying he had the same one and it was wonderful. We laid down and it felt comfortable in the store, so we purchased it. A month later, when my husband who weighs less than 150 pounds got up, I made the bed and an hour later there was still an indention in the mattress as if he had just gotten out of bed. I checked again in 3 hours and still the same thing. I have relatives who have pillow top mattresses, not from Badcock but high-end stores and they DO NOT have this problem with theirs.

I went in the store here in Tallahassee to make a payment and spoke with the salesman who we dealt with and he said he would have someone contact us and replace it. We never heard a word. We have called 3-4 times about this issue. My husband is now out of work and I lost my job also. We contacted the store about the mattress and they told us that because we are delinquent they will not do anything about the mattress until we pay the account current. I called to make a small payment. All we can afford and they refused anything except the minimum due, which we don't have, and I explained the situation to the person I spoke with. He would not take anything but minimum. I told him we would contact an attorney to see if that was legal. I think Badcock should stand behind what a consumer buys from them, regardless of the situation.

We took the table and chairs even though the table was deeply scratched when it was delivered and never complained, and the dresser with the bedroom suit was also scratched, but I was able to repair it, without their help. As soon as we get the money we are going to pay them off, and I intend to hire someone to take the mattresses we purchased from Badcock out to their store and put them at the front door. I will never purchase anything from them again and will make sure I tell anyone else who I hear talking about purchasing from them about our experience. They say SERVICE is their forte. Well they need to rethink that because it should be NON-SERVICE is their forte. Once you sign your name, they forget you. This has been going on for two years now and I just felt other people should be aware of how they treat people.

Original review: March 10, 2017

Didn't seem to care if you purchased anything or not. Delivery refused to carrier old side. I am disabled and have to pay someone to do this and anything that involves moving and lifting plus a lot more. This is not good customer service or customer satisfaction. I've purchased from them for 10 years, not anymore. They lost this cash customer for good... Very BAD sales people and very bad delivery people.

Original review: March 7, 2017

Received my Alexandria bedroom set by delivery. The appearance of the workers was horrible, I should have knew then. My bed split within a few weeks. They left a scratch in my new home then lied. Took 2 weeks to get another rail. They bought me plywood to use... Plywood. Then I order again. I move furniture around and call an hour ahead and they never show. The DELIVERY MANAGER hangs up after he gets tired of hearing my complaint. So my kids have no beds and etc. I will NEVER, EVER, HAVE THEM IN MY HOME NOR SPEND MY MONEY WITH THEM.

Original review: March 5, 2017

My fiance and I needed a new bed so we went to Badcock and got a bed with the box springs and bed our payments were only 50.00$. It was in our budget. They worked with us. It was great. Fast forward we came back in before Christmas and got a bedroom set and a desktop. There was nothing but problems and dissatisfaction with the bedroom set. The guy when I called said to do a return (we hadn't had the set for a month. Didn't even get to make the first payment). Said it would count as a repo and they'd take our bed as well which we have paid on for months.

We talked to the owner and returned the bedroom set. Kept the desktop. He said our payments would be 100 a month but a one time fee of 180.00 and we paid it. Next month a bill for 180 comes in the mail. He claimed he couldn't change it and we need to pay it again so we did. Now I got a bill 192 in the mail. I am furious and will NEVER do business with Badcock ever again! And the store we went through is privately owned. We are terribly frustrated.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

My husband and I bought a sofa, loveseat and a recliner a few years ago. About a year later we purchased another recliner to match. We are seniors with no young children and no pets on furniture. Within 3 years the fabric (which is polyester to look like leather) started peeling. We spent over $3000.00 on this furniture and the only pieces that really got used were the 2 recliners. They did replace one recliner which we had only had 1 year as the peeling was so bad. Then when the new recliner started to peel they refused to replace, now the sofa and loveseat have started to peel. So here we are stuck with trashy furniture and out at least $3,500.00. The people at the FL store are great. They tried to provide us the best customer service, it was headquarters that refused to take care of this problem.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information