Badcock Home Furniture and More

• 0%
  • 2%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?
    Verified purchase

Reviewed July 10, 2024

I purchased a living room sofa set from Badcock Furniture. I must say at first I thought I was gearing a great sofa set. I purchased this living room set in March 2023. By May 2023 I had to schedule a tech to come to see why the sofa is slouched. After he was finished, he told me I would get a follow up call from the company which I never received. I scheduled a second tech to come out to see the same issue that I’ve been having with the said sofa August 2023, he left and said I would receive a follow up call from the company which also never happened. So my final scheduling of a tech was June 2024.

The technician sat in the couch and agreed with me that it is slouched. He also gave me the same punchline that I would receive a call as a follow up, which I did not receive so I took the opportunity to call them seeing that it’s been a year and three months since it was purchased. Only to be told that due to wear and tear, there’s nothing that they will be doing about the sofa. Here is my advice don’t buy any product from any company that does not stand behind their product that they’re selling. It is better for you to spend more and get great warranty. Great customer service and great technician support. I have lost my trust in this company and I vow never to purchase from people like this anymore.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Updated on 07/01/2024: I contacted BBB, who mediated this for me. I received a call the evening of 6/30, saying I would get replacements for the damaged items, with a delivery window between 11:30 and 2:30 pm. When they never arrived by 3:30, I called the warehouse and was told that the driver had decided to do his route BACKWARDS, so it won't arrive until after 6 pm. I lost a full day of work for this, no one called to let me know. Ready for a full return & refund.

Original review: We purchased several rooms of furniture for our new home. Upon delivery, the delivery person presented a list of everything that was to be delivered that day, read it off and asked if we received everything. We said yes, and signed the paper. While they were setting up the furniture, I was noticing flaws, dings, dents, missing paint, door misaligned, etc., and spoke up each time. The delivery person assured me that if I called Badcock about these issues, they would be taken care of. However, when we called for help, we were told that because they received our signature on the list, it means that we WERE satisfied with the entire shipment. But that's not what we were told by the delivery men, who assured me more than once that everything would be taken care of. So, we contacted, and they asked for photos, which we sent, but have received no response.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I have spent around 10,000 replacing my furniture. I have been nothing but disappointed by the quality of the furniture. Recently purchased a sofa, came in the plastic and the entire bottom was not stapled, the legs were made of some plastic blocks, screws did not align, and the frame was so flimsy. Called the store. Joey was very rude, told me to bring it back. Also my first purchase was a bedroom suite, the mirror is so cheap, you can't even clean it without streaks, drawers won't stay closed. Bar set was purchased and they gave me the one in the store because they said they didn't have the tools to put the new one together. 2 recliners I bought feel like they falling apart. This is all devastating to me.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

In March, 2021 my husband and I went to Badcock in Bushnell, FL. We had bought a house and needed to furnish it. We chose a full living and bedroom set. We were told they would not be delivered for awhile, we said that would be fine. Delivery date was finally set but then they had a complaint because we were over an hour away from the store. We had told them before we bought the furniture of the delivery address. Before it was delivered, we were advised the bed was not in so we would need to buy a frame, (We paid for it but never received any paperwork). The bed did get delivered but they would not take back the metal frame since we did not need it.

Day of delivery, the bed was put together. I could not get into it because it was too high. The guys said they could remove the foundation, which they did and then I could get in it. They never told us that we needed some kind of support to the mattress or we would have looked into how we could solve the problem. They left after that and we were left with a mattress on the slats of the bedframe, a brand new metal frame and a foundation board that we could not use. We stored these two items for over two years and then discarded them.

Move ahead until May 2024. We are in need of a new mattress. We have two indentations in the mattress that give us an uncomfortable sleep and cause both of us to wake up with backaches. I called Badcock Customer Service and spoke to Melissa. She called the store we purchased the mattress from and John said because we did not have the foundation under the mattress the 10 year warranty is void. John told Melissa that the 5" foundation we were sold would have been too high.

He suggested that we could buy a different 1" foundation that might work with the mattress. I said that I wouldn't be doing that because the mattress was already damaged and I wasted too much money buying the metal frame and foundation board that I did not use and they would not take back. The answer I received that I should not rely on delivery people and should have called the store. In the end, we are stuck with a miserable mattress without a warranty and have to spend another $1000 for a new one.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed April 30, 2024

We have had an account with Badcock for 5 yrs and 5 months with a 5,000.00 spending limit. Over the years charging and paying the account off. In March 2024' I was charged a $10.00 "late fee." They stated it "was from before and the system just caught it" putting a 30 late marking on my credit report FOR $10.00!!!! & "& Badcock doesn't participate in any deletions of credit reports." Well, we just spent 10,000$ cash at Rooms To Go 3 months ago and like that quality better and after this fiasco will continue my business there! Goodbye Badcock!

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Do not do business with this company! I purchased a bed set and had it financed because I needed something financed on my credit for reporting purposes. Everything I have is paid for and I also put a card on file for auto pay. Every payment was made on time and my last payment that I was made to believe was in December. Apparently there was an interest balance and I knew nothing about nor did they pay with my auto pay as I had a card on file to be sure nothing was missed and always on time! I get a letter in the mail almost 4 months later saying they removed my credit limit due to payment history with them.

I called the number on the letter for the corporate office and explain I’ve never received any notices, calls or anything nor did they use my auto pay and now they’ve reported me to the credit bureau! The whole reason I even financed was to have some payment history reported to the credit bureau. I told them I haven’t received the first call or notice and she said basically she couldn’t help me with my issue that it was in the fine print when I purchased the furniture. I then asked to speak with a manager to which she rudely told me she was the manager and I should’ve read the fine print. So I thought okay I’ll call the local office and see if they can help rectify this situation.

Spoke to Mandy and she said she would check into it and call me back. She called me back and basically said they would waive my late fee and remove one month of the late reporting but that was all she could do! When I bought this furniture I told them to put me on auto pay and apparently the same answer was I signed that I read the fine print. Totally unacceptable that they didn’t let me know they wouldn’t continue my auto pay after 14 months and never called or notified me until it was 3 months late on something I was lead to believe was paid off! I will never do business with this company again, nor will I refer anyone else. I am reporting this business to the BBB and anywhere else I can to make sure no one else gets screwed like this! Shame on their misleading information and lack of customer service!

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I purchased a Generac Generator and it was installed by Kiernan Electric of Glenfield NY who as a dealer is useless. I have had constant problems with the unit and Kiernan doesn't answer phone calls or respond at all. Don't do business with either of them.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2024

Purchased furniture 1-1-2014 I was quoted the Purchased amount and the exact payment amount. Once I went online the payments per month were increased by $115. Contacted the Peterscreek location here in Winston Salem shared the philosophy according to the owner Henry Badcock to treat people right. That definitely did not happen to me.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2024

I said that I would never deal with Badcock Furniture in my life again. They are not true about their work and the furniture that they sell is not what they say it is. You sold me leather and it was plastic all rubber. I will never deal with you again and you replaced it with less than the value I paid for it so I will never ever deal with you again and I would advise others not to do so.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

At the time of purchase, Sept. 2023 we were promised a veteran's discount, which was a factor for our purchase, now Jan. 2024 and after numerous calls and discussing this with the store manager and corporate sales and billing to correct this numerous times, that the account will be credited. This is in fact NOT TRUE!! We finally got the right answer today after almost nearly 4 months. We've talked to the store manager on 3 separate occasions, and who was actually our salesperson and assured us that the discount applies to ALL veterans, NOT TRUE!! Just active duty ONLY!

As a USAF (ret.) I find this extremely disturbing to promise a discount and knowingly lie to make the sale, regardless of military status. Will this practice continue, more than likely. NEVER AGAIN will we shop there, and will discourage others from purchasing anything from Badcock Furniture for bad sales tactics. When and Where will this type of sales tactics continue? This is true for other retailers as well, So buyer Beware!! Ask the right questions.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information