3.47/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Badcock Home Furniture and More

Looking for a good furniture store?

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Hi everyone. Please check reviews before buying something from Badcock. It’s terrible and worst experience I had in my life concerning quality and customer service. We bought sofa and ottoman in Dec 2018. Warranty 1 year. Since June 2019 we began to notice that the sofa cover began to frown and bubble next. We called them and they sent inspection. No answers after that. I’ve called them again and they told me that it was my fault, we used sofa in improper way))). I found Michael in corporate office. Several times we talk on the phone and he tried to make me fool as like I don’t know how to use furniture. Man, I’m 39 years old, I saw and used bunch of them and they all were able to serve for years and first time see sofa damaged completely in 6-8 months.

Now in 9 months the sofa looks like it from garbage, there are huge circles without any covering at all. Badcock just changed one part and ottoman and said they won’t change another one. Warranty))) That Michael tried to make me an idiot. I told him about customer service, that he can’t talk with me in such a way. He answered that he is not from customer service ))) means he can talk like he wants. Please don’t buy from them!!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We had our new sectional delivered yesterday 9/16/2019. The delivery people were rushed and did ok, but we still had to fix some things that weren't done correctly. Anyhow, after it being in our house for less than 4 hours, the chaise broke. The whole side caved in and came out the bottom of the unit. I call Badcock in Waynesboro VA, she told me to take a picture and send it to her. My husband said no, we were told by the sales associate to call and they would send someone out to look at it. He called back. Immediately the mgr Althea got an attitude and said... "I just told your wife this." He said, "But that's not what we were told by the sales person," she then said "Dont yell at me." No one had even raised their voice to her at this point.

After much back and forth we were told they would have on it Wednesday but we would have to come pick it up. Again we declined. Althea said she had no idea when we could have it delivered then. I called corporate. The girl was nice, but not much help and transferred me back to the store. Talked to Althea again, asked why we weren't a priority and when the new chaise could be delivered. She then claimed she never told my husband. She didn't know when it could be delivered, just that it wouldn't be anytime "soon". At this point I told them to take it all back and give me a refund!! Went to Ashley and bought better quality for the same price!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I would give this place zero stars if I could! I bought a sectional back in November, it is currently September, and the material in the only two seats that are regularly sat in is ripping to shreds. Called the store I purchased from and they didn’t send out a repair tech for over a month! They finally send out a guy when it’s beyond repair, so I call the home office and send over some information to see what can be done. Their “managers” apparently deemed it not their issue and said it looks like a burn mark. Nobody smokes in my home! This company is trash and a waste of money! They clearly do NOT care about the people that are so called valued customers and will NEVER get any more of my hard earned money! Overpriced garbage product.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

On September 8, 2019, I went to the store located in Saint Cloud with my mom and auntie because she was going to buy some furniture for her living room and it was going to be cash. However, she was unhappy because no employee came to us to assist and neither greeted us when we came in. We decided to leave when we noticed a ** couple that came in the store and one of the employees that didn't bother to help us went to greet and was helping the couple. It is so sad how racism still so strong in my town, but for sure we will never go to that store ever again. We went to Rooms To Go in which they made you feel welcome and my auntie spent $5,599 worth in furniture.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

PRO: A few years ago we purchased the Kennedy sectional. This is by far the best, most comfortable sectional I've ever had. It has maintained its shape, keeps lumbar support and looks like new years later. We had an issue with one of the recliners and even though it took forever for them to finally repair it, they opted to give us a brand new side to the sectional. CON: If you don't stay on top of them with repeated phone calls they may never take care of you. If you have a problem, don't despair, keep calling the store and if your issue isn't resolved, call the corporate office. It lit a fire under their **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Where to even start. We purchased a living room set in November 2018 and only a month after having it, the leather on the loveseat was faded and discolored. Also the end couch won’t recline. They came for a service call and told me to go to Walmart and get leather dye to fix my own loveseat. Then they “fixed” the couch and as soon as we tried to recline it was broke again! Fast forward to now, they decide to replace the loveseat and repair the furniture but only if WE DELIVER IT TO THE STORE and pick up the new. What a joke.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

The color is actually peeling off of the entire sitting areas. We thought we were buying leather but it turns out it appears to be only painted cloth. We have purchased other items from Badcock and were satisfied but this loveseat is junk. Unhappily yours, Shirley **

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I received a call from collections for the credit dept, on Aug 9th advising me I was late on my payment. I advised the rep that the payment was due on the 1st & the check was cashed on 06/30/2019. "No you did not make a payment". He was rude, very unprofessional. I went to the Bank, brought a copy of the check to the store. I advised them of what was happening & that I want an apology for the rude behavior. I contacted the store to advise them, I have heard nothing. They advised me my payment which was cashed on the July 30, 2019 was credited to my account on AUGUST 8, 2019. This is wrong. I called the corporate office like talking to a wall. I have been a loyal customer, after this behavior, I will be buying my furniture at another furniture store.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My problem is not the product but the service I paid for. I paid this furniture company for delivery and set up. On the day of arrival the workers forgot my furniture. Had to go back to get it. When they return part was missing and the worker couldn't take it out because he didn't have any help. So he had to go back again to get help. Now I have to wait for part of my order until Sunday. All that woman in charge could tell me is that it was a hectic day. What kinda person is running this store. Clearly I did not get the service I paid for.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I opened my account in 2013. I was just staring to build credit. They gave me 1500 then a year later gave me 2200 and then 2 more years later I was at 3000. I have never been late on a payment never missed a payment. I went in 2017 and applied for a increase. They dropped me back to 1500. Did not give me a reason. I paid my account down to 1100. I went today to apply for another increase. They dropped me to 0. Now I owe 1100 on a 0 credit limit. Now keep in mind my fico is 718. Ashley just approved me for 5000 and von maur gave me 2500 but Badcock is giving me nothing after 6 years of timely payments???? I called and spoke to under writing and they could not provide me a reason. I will never buy anything again even after I pay off this account and even if they give me a million in credit.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information