2.1/5 (459 ratings)

About Badcock Home Furniture and More

Badcock Home Furniture and More Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Badcock Home Furniture and More?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Bought a refrigerator a year ago. Had a technician repair it yesterday, only to be told I was sold defective item in the first place. Coolant leak and missing parts. Possibly needing a new coil which cost as much as replacing the refrigerator.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

In 2019 we purchased a large sectional from Badcock. We loved it so much that we decided to buy our son's entired bedroom set from Badcock in 2021. Then purchased a full set of dining chairs in 2022. Every exchange with the company has been pleasant and easy. When issues have arrived, they've been dealt with quickly.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

I should have checked ConsumerAffairs before purchasing at BADCOCK. These people will pressure sell, and upsell "to get the special promotions." The salesperson (Bradenton and Sarasota) Susan, will promise the world regarding your satisfaction guarantee, returns if you don't like it etc... Then, when you try to return something, they will give you the typical sales person run-around. Then you get the store manager, Daisy. She will seem sympathetic and ask for pictures and email and then never respond (and never seems to be at the store she manages). Then you call corporate... They do get in touch with Daisy, but tell you that at the current time you are past the return date, even though you notified them within the return date. We ended up having to go through our credit card company to dispute the purchase. DO NOT SHOP AT BADCOCK! If you do, buy on a credit card as that is your ONLY PROTECTION from predators.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

We purchased some furniture we was going to wait until after the move but the local store in Summerville sc told us it would be better to purchase from them so we did, it was on back order for 6 months so we moved then had to travel back with a Uhaul to pick it up, then a couple months later 1 recliner broke. The now local store tells me I have to load it up, carry it back 3 hrs to the store I purchased it at. After calls to corporate they came here and repaired it. Now 2 months later the other recliner broke the same as the first one. Now they have either hung up or told me I don’t have an account all day. I have called 8 times today with my contract in hand and can’t get any help at all. I have now sent an email to corporate to see if they can once again help but so far can’t get a real person there either.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We purchased a very large dining room set with extra chairs and within the first week, 4 ghost rings appear after we determine it was from cups of coffee and food placed on paper plates. Asked the company to stand behind their product and was told to hurry and buy a warranty on the table as it had only been a week and wait a month and turn it in on the claim, so basically file a false insurance claim for faulty workmanship. As if a table cannot handle heat transfer from food plates and coffee cups, it was not made to be a dinner table and just a very large decoration.

Original review: June 15, 2022

NEVER EVER BUY FURNITURE FROM BADCOCK, hence the word "bad". Jan 2022, bought a couch and 2 matching recliners. POS! Already had to have one recliner picked up and "serviced". Had a dip in seat after 2 months, and so they just stuffed it with padding, now it's like sitting on a booster seat.. Anyhow, then the threads are coming out on my couch, and they've yet to pick it up to "service" it. And as of 2 nights ago the other recliner just broke. My husband pulled the handle to recline it and you could literally hear the mechanisms breaking, smh.... Soooo, I get my paperwork out on the furniture, called the customer care number on it and of course they want to schedule a pick up to "service" it. I don't want this sorry mess serviced, I want them to pick it up and do you know what with it. Also in my warranty and insurance paperwork, there is a "Lemon Guarantee ".... Well I think I got 3 lemons, don't you?

But of course, they are very very sorry that I'm having this trouble and there's nothing they can do....I don't need sorry, I need them to step up and do good business. But that's ok, I will make sure to get the word out of how "sorry" they are about this. And in the meantime, I plan on calling their customer service A LOT until I get some kind of satisfaction. Wrong is wrong.... And I'm just getting started on getting some kinda action, because it makes me sick to my stomach to think that I will be paying $2,900.00 for this crap, that obviously will not even last until it gets paid off, HELL, all 3 pieces hadn't made it 6 months already!

Original review: March 30, 2022

We were in need of a recliner as my husband just had shoulder surgery and I was scheduled for back surgery two weeks later. We thought that having a recliner that had lifted and had heat would be ideal. Badcock Furniture was the only furniture store that had a recliner that we could get the same day. We purchased the chair on 02/17/22. I had back surgery and returned home on 03/10/22. I came home only to find the chair would not work. My husband used it the night before and worked fine. I called the store and explained my situation. I was told they would be sending someone to fix it however it would be the next Wednesday (almost a week later).

I mentioned returning the chair but we would be charged roughly 200.00 for returning it. We decided to just have it fixed since we would have to only a week. They sent someone out but only to access the chair. We were told it needed a new motor and it would be about two weeks. They would have to go return to the store and speak with the manager to let him decide to repair the chair or give us a new one. I got a call the next day saying they would order the part. We have heard nothing so I called the Cookeville, TN store today where the chair was purchased but they couldn't give me any updates on the progress of the chair. I mentioned returning the chair since has not fixed and was told that was not possible. The store manager is off today and would have to call back tomorrow.

I feel Badcock Furniture has done nothing to resolve this issue. It has been extremely frustrating considering I purchased the chair to help with both my husband and my recovery and have not been able to use it during our recovery. I will never make another purchase from Badcock Furniture and I would encourage others not to purchase from this furniture store as well.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I purchased a washer and dryer as well as a freezer and Air Conditioner from Badcock Furniture. I made $1911 in payments for a $1646 account. They charge interest that is equal to a loan shark, and insurance fees not to mention the extended warranty. This warranty is not worth the paper it is written on as I called in 2021 when we had problems and was told to call the Warranty company only to find out the warranty company tell me I am out of Warranty. The employees lie through their crooked teeth. Our washer will wash on one set only and both make a loud racket.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Read Badcock response to a warranty claim. Due to chipping and peeling leather. Forget this sofa cost #1000. Unfortunately, cracking and peeling of leather is not covered under your extended service contract. Please review your contract, specifically the “What is not covered” section for further information. We apologize for the inconvenience; at this time, we have denied your claim.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Our local hometown Badcock was an afterthought but after the first visit we decided this is where we would buy. The sales staff was happy to leave us browse but quickly available for questions and answers. We were even referred to another "larger" location for more to see, feel and touch. We picked out what we wanted and returned to our store to buy. Great customer service.

Badcock Home Furniture and More Company Information