2.98/5
Based on 2,238 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My dresser & chest arrived and it wasn't perfect. The drawers were put in incorrectly, one track didn't roll smoothly & there seemed to be some kind of small split in the bottom right hand corner. But I'm impressed. I called them expecting a hassle about my overall unhappiness with the condition of my dresser & chest. They had someone call me back within 2 days and set up to bring me a new dresser & chest.

Second set showed up & the chest on the second delivery was worse than the first one. The entire top was moving & shifting. The delivery guy set it down & realized that screws were not put down tightly. He grabbed a drill and screwed them down, then realized the back end was lifting up we then realized it was missing 2 screws in the back as well. So they took that one back as well. Someone called me maybe an hour after the delivery & apologized and said they will bring another one. Luckily I work from home so it hasn't been too bad of an inconvenience. The worst part has been putting in & removing my clothes time & again. My husband gave up and just left his clothes in hefty sacks. So tomorrow morning I will remove my clothes again & pray that the 3rd time will be a charm.

All in all, I am impressed that they have gone out of their way to make it right and most of the people I have spoken to have been helpful & friendly. I would definitely buy from them again even with all the delivery problems. I want to say with each delivery they did show up on time, each time the delivery guys were great & the guy who sold me my furniture was awesome & got me some good deals and even an extra 12 months on my furniture financing, making my monthly payment dirt cheap and interest free for 48 months. Overall they go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy, so I'm Impressed with the customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I purchased our dining room and living room at Ashley's. We've had previous pleasant experiences with ASHLEY FURNITURE and we (again) made the right decision by returning to the store. Customer service is always top notch and the 'sales' people are more than willing to assist you, no matter what you're shopping for! If EVER the need arises, I'd have absolutely no problem going back to ASHLEY for another pleasurable shopping experience! And no, I'm retired and never worked there.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered a Lane recliner/sofa with heat and message which took a couple months to come from the factory. When it finally arrived I soon discovered the heat on one side did not work. Ashley picked it up and repaired it but I was without my new sofa for another 2-3 weeks. Then the power supply stopped working. Ashley provided me with a new one at no cost. Although Lane's workmanship seems a little substandard (as the sofa is on the flimsy side), Ashley store in Show Low did everything in their power to make things finally work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Tempur-Pedic buyer beware - you can order many of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses and bases directly from the manufacturer for a lesser cost and the manufacturer offers a better guarantee on them. The Tempur-Pedic bed and base we purchased during the store's Columbus Day Sales were delivered today. The base was not the model expected. They have a good, better, and best model of the adjustable bases. In store we had asked for the better model which had a much quieter motor. We received the good model that makes a lot of noise. I am going in tomorrow to give them a chance to fix it.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I ordered a bedroom suite from Ashley Home Store in Columbia SC on Harbison Blvd. My salesperson and in store experience was great. HOWEVER the delivery is a nightmare. My bedroom suit was delivered on 10/05/2019, the driver/employee advised me the distribution center sent two different color night stands. One the color I ordered the other was not correct. They proceeded to put my bed together and advised the headboard had the holes drilled wrong so it could not be assembled. They packed up the Headboard, Footboard and nightstand back in the truck and called the re-order in to the customer service.

I called on Monday 10/07/19 to confirm everything had be ordered correctly. They advised me yes I was getting a new head board, foot board and night stand. Then on 10/17/2019 two days before my scheduled re-delivery I get an email to state my nightstand and bedrails would be delivered on 10/19/19. OK first of all, that is NOT even what was supposed to be shipped to me. I call and they advised me it would be another two weeks before they could send out my bed and it could only be on a week day and would NOT even try and rush my order. NOW I have to take off a day from work for their screw up! OH and to top it off the delivery guy took my drill and then tried to tell me I had his drill, we both had a Black and Decker cordless drill. My was newer but at least they take the same charger OR Ashley Furniture would be buying me a new drill. AWFUL delivery service and customer service was of NO help.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased a sofa last week. During the process of the transaction, the sales representative spotted a credit for approximately $200 in the system under my name. The credit was from the year 2005; I just failed to use it. Well, I was told that credit usually falls off after six months. Clearly, that was not the case because it was still in the system. The sales representative, who was very nice, spoke with an associate about the credit. That person immediately called and spoke with someone else. I was then told that the credit could possibly be used; however, their accountant had to be contacted.

The nice sales representative told me he would call me back that Monday; he said it with such conviction. I did not receive a call from him. As a result, I called a few days later to get an update on the situation at hand, to find out if the credit could be used towards my purchase. To my surprise, I was told that the credit that appeared in the system under my name was the result of a glitch and that it could not be used. Why did the credit still appear in the system? I feel that the credit should have been honored. I failed to use it at the time it was issued because I did not need to use it. Since it was still in the system, no fault of mine, it should have been honored. It was snatched from me. Disappointed!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I ordered a love seat and an accent chair. I was told by my salesman I would get 4 pillows! 2 pattern of the loveseat and 2 pattern of the accent chair. When my furniture was delivered I only got the 2 from the loveseat. The delivery man said just call the store and they’ll UPS them to me. So I called the store they told me to call the warehouse. Well 6 weeks later and about 20 phone calls including calls to managers I still don’t have the pillows to my accent chair. I am very frustrated and will be at your store on Sunday to pick them up since No One has the correct answer. I can’t believe you stay in business with such horrible customer service m!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I purchased new sofa & loveseat few weeks ago. Last weekend the furniture was delivered & upon delivery one of the sofas has a stain on it. The driver told me that he put in a ticket for a technician to come out. Never heard anything back. Then I called the store where I purchased the furniture from & the women I spoke with told me she put in a ticket & that it would take 48 hrs to hear something back. Needless to say I never heard anything back after purchasing 2900.00 worth of furniture. Luckily I was able to get the stain out myself. I will never purchase another item from Ashley Furniture.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs