3.17/5
Based on 2,162 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

3115 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

I look online first then call my nearest store and they have always either met online prices or actually offered me better deals, plus their return policy with warranty on all products is outstanding. I have been buying furniture at Ashley since moving here from Calif in 2010. Everything in my home is Ashley. Wouldn't buy anywhere else. Great service, delivery always or even earlier than quoted and contact with drivers is outstanding also.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I purchased our dining room and living room at Ashley's. We've had previous pleasant experiences with ASHLEY FURNITURE and we (again) made the right decision by returning to the store. Customer service is always top notch and the 'sales' people are more than willing to assist you, no matter what you're shopping for! If EVER the need arises, I'd have absolutely no problem going back to ASHLEY for another pleasurable shopping experience! And no, I'm retired and never worked there.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered a Lane recliner/sofa with heat and message which took a couple months to come from the factory. When it finally arrived I soon discovered the heat on one side did not work. Ashley picked it up and repaired it but I was without my new sofa for another 2-3 weeks. Then the power supply stopped working. Ashley provided me with a new one at no cost. Although Lane's workmanship seems a little substandard (as the sofa is on the flimsy side), Ashley store in Show Low did everything in their power to make things finally work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 15, 2019

Purchsed a dining table online, it was not built when arrived. We called within 30 minutes of delievery to return it - that was 2 weeks ago - we have been hung up on, lied to, promised to call us back and only one lady has tried to help but the rest of the customer service are the bottom of the barrell. No one tries to help. We finally have a confirmation for the return but no one will pick it up! It is so frustratiing. Go anywhere else - plenty of furniture stores out there to pick from with far better customer service. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I am in real estate and letting everyone know where not to go to furnish their new homes.

Original review: July 15, 2019

We purchased a custom made sofa and loveseat a little over a year ago. The trim on both pieces was not even, but I could straighten it out somewhat until the sofa cushions started breaking down and becoming distorted. I called the local store and they said that, since the furniture was purchased over a year ago, there was nothing they could do. I stopped in to talk with the CS rep, and she found that I had purchased a 5-year warranty and to contact the Furniture Care Protection to discuss replacement of the cushions. I did talk with someone who gave me an authorization number and said I would get a call about my claim the following week. Two weeks later I called back and was told it was every day wear and tear and not covered. After spending close to $2,000 on these 2 pieces and getting very poor quality, I am very disappointed with Ashley! I would suggest to anyone not to purchase anything at this store.

Original review: July 13, 2019

This is the worst furniture I have ever bought. Spent 2400 dollars and it's crap!!!! Ripping in seams should last more than two years. I have bought cheap furniture before and it lasted more than two years!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

If they had a negative star they would have received several negative stars. My experience with Ashley Furniture in Tempe, AZ was the worst ever. I purchased a sofa and recliner that were defective the minute I received my furniture. I contacted the store and was told that once sale was complete they could not help me anymore. My sofa has a huge gap on the right side and the cushion on the left side has to be replaced. Mind you this was purchased on June 19, 2019 and all these issues happened on June 24th.

On July 5th tech came out and said cushion needs to be replaced. Back had to be redrilled and couch is still wide open in back. Was told that is the way furniture is. But this is not what shown to me at day of purchase. People save your money and do not shop at Ashley Furniture. Go elsewhere. All these problems less than a month. Now recliner cushion has to be replaced. Corporates office is no help. They are wanting more pictures of furniture. Supplied all photos and they will not help one out so once again poor service and customer care. DO NOT SHOP AT ASHLEY. NOT HONEST PEOPLE.

If they had a negative star they would have received several negative stars. My experience with Ashley furniture in Tempe, Az. Was the worst ever. I purchased a soda and recliner that were defective the minute I received my furniture. I contacted the store and was told that once sale was complete they could not help me anymore. My sofa has a huge gap on the right side and the cushion on the left side has to be replaced. Mind you this was purchased on June 19, 2019 and all theses issues happened on June 24th.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Bought and paid for a bedroom suite, paid for setup in my home. The men opened the boxes, the bed was missing 6 screws and 8 washers! They could not set up. Called the company, because it was bought at Fort Knox, even though it is Ashley Furniture, they would not get someone to help me. My husband is a 72 year old veteran who has Agent Orange poisoning, with COPD, CHF, VERTIGO, heart issues, goes to physical therapy every other day for his back. The bedroom is up stairs, he cannot climb stairs, he cannot bend over to put the hardware on the bed. We are moving because we cannot take care of our property, had to replace bedroom for new buyers. Ashley refused to help or even acknowledge any responsibility! We were desperate, no children, no friends to ask to help us. They're bad business. We will never do business with Ashley again, and will contact every organization we can telling of their treatment to a disabled vet!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've been waiting on my kids' beds since May. I still have not received it. Now here I am with a delivery date for July 18th 2 days before my house warming and they had to reschedule me again. I'm just so tired of the crap. It's been months. I just want my kids' rooms complete and get it over with. I will never order from Ashley Furniture ever again unless I can deliver it myself. They really need to get it together. Poor customer service and the worst ever.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I wish I could give a negative star. I have called Ashley Furniture for 2 weeks straight about tables that were shipped to my house. They're in the box and need to be returned so the right ones can be ordered. Ashley Furniture tells me that a manager will call me. No one has called. I've emailed - no response. I've used their online chat - that experience was like talking to an elementary classroom bully who wouldn't even provide their name. This issue should be very simple. They tell me that I can return the items with a manager approval but no manager. Why the run-around? They're not going to lose money, but after this treatment, I will send it back without approval, dispute the charge, and never buy from them again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Save your money, shop somewhere else. Ashley delivered poor quality furniture. I have been arguing with them for a year to fix issues that should have been covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The Manufacturers Warranty does NOT include 1. Fabric, 2. Zippers, 3. Stitching, 4. Uneven cushion fill, 5. Incorrect Assembly, 6. Wicker that didn't get wrapped around the frame, 7. Chairs that were not bolted together properly.

They essentially warrant nothing. If you do purchase something, you better make sure it is perfect before the delivery guys leave. And don't bother with the extended warranty. Read it carefully before you buy it. It doesn't cover anything either. It had been disappointing to say the least. I spent a lot of money on furniture. I could have gone to Big Lots or WalMart and got better quality. The sales girl and the store manager were nice people, but are either ignorant or dishonest.

6/19/19. After posting this review on YELP!, I was instructed to send an email to dsgescaltion@ashleydsg.com, which I did. If they respond, I will update my review accordingly. 6/20/19. No response from dsgescalation. 6/29/19. Still NO response from dsgescalation. Please don't be fooled by the seemingly concerned response below. It is just an effort to make it look like they respond to the bad reviews. They do not. 7/10/19. Still no response.

Original review: July 10, 2019

These guys are a joke, and the delivery people are even worst. BEAUTIFUL stuff but horrible horrible customer service. Delivery people damaged the property, just worst situation possible plus my third time dealing with them as they couldn't seem to get the order right.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Bought a sofa on November 2018. Had defects 4 times during delivery until we finally got an exchange approved. New sofa was delivered with damages again, so the tech had to come out to fix it. Within the process we probably had 6 techs come out in 5 months just trying to settle the sofa situation. They credited us $150 to use in the store and we bought a coffee table. Coffee table was picked up and set up and had chips and defects in the netting. The top of the table started to bubble within a month of having it & they told us that they don’t cover the bubbling or splitting of the wood pieces.... So I went through 9 months of frustrating issues with them to finally get 2 pieces of furniture and one of them I am stuck with with damages. Thanks Ashley, will definitely never recommend you to anyone & I am glad to say I will never be shopping at this store ever again!

Original review: July 9, 2019

Purchased a sofa and loveseat from the Chicopee, ma-store on June 15, 2019 and was told it would be delivered before July 7, 2019 wrong, they said it was not at the warehouse yet. Now they told me I would have it on Monday July 15, 2019 if it comes in. WTF. A whole month to deliver a sofa and loveseat. they were very rude to us on the phone and told us it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get our money back, I paid cash. Their customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I order a table from Ashley's and it did not fit in my apartment. When the movers came (an hour before the 4 hour time frame I was given) I told them I just finished spray painting the radiator by where the table was gonna be placed and did not want to get it on the table, so they assembled it but left it in the middle of my apartment floor. They snapped a picture that they assembled it then told me to sign to say it was delivered. 30 minutes after delivery the paint dried so we went to put it in the proper area and found out it did not fit, there was no room for the chairs to go and the table was pressed against the couch, so I called and asked if I was able to return cause I was under the impression that I had 3 days to report and return the item. I would just lose the delivery fee and have to pay another one for the return. They told me once it's delivered it's mine and I cannot return it, there's nothing they can do about it. Never once was I offered for it to be measured.

This place is disgusting. They also were trying to give me a hard time about removing the 5 year protection plan on a table I now have to sell, why would I need to pay 200 dollars for protection on a table I cannot keep. The 3rd day I called they finally gave me a number to call to remove that and those people even said Ashley's is disgusting for not taking the table back. Even when I first went in the store, the table was not available to see in person, the person selling me the table, told me there was 2 options, one option was 12 month payment with less money down but the payments would be more a month. The 2 second option was 60 months plan which would cost me 15 dollars a month with a higher down payment.

At first I chose the 60 months, until I went to sign the contract and realized the table would cost me 300 dollars more in total. He never made me aware of this. Just told me the down payment was different and when I pointed it out was told, "Yeah. Just a few hundred dollars more." Clearly only worried about his pay check. He also kept trying to sell me a mattress when I told him multiple times I did not need one. Mine was still pretty new since I bought it 2 years ago. I will never shop here again, I bought all my other furniture at Bob's and I love it from their customer service to their furniture, all the tables they had were even bigger than this one so I could not get a table from them. Even the movers for Bob's asked if they need to bring my mattress down 3 flights of stairs for me which I did not buy from them. I know where I will buy furniture from again and it will not be Ashley's.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a severe allergic reaction to the nitrocellulose lacquer that was coming off the desk onto my skin and entire body. I broke out in hives and contact dermatitis across my entire body. The reaction began After a year or so, I had an overreaction to an over exposure to the nitrocellulose lacquer. There are parts of the desk that have NO finish on it anymore because it was coming off with normal use of the desk. I called Ashley Furniture and reported the allergic reaction and they did NOTHING about the issue with the desk. I would like Ashley Furniture to address this and do something about it. I bought the desk from American Furniture in October 2012. How many people are having this same issue and have no idea why they are breaking out in hives and contact dermatitis all over their body?!?!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I actually made my online purchase through Mor Furniture and they turned my purchase to Ashley Furniture. Ashley furniture sent two delivery men who was dumber than a box of rocks. They didn't even attempt to see if the sofa I ordered would fit through my front doors. I think they make their money from their delivery fees because even after their failed attempt to deliver my sofa they still tried to charge me their delivery fee. I would not recommend purchasing from this company ever again.

Original review: July 6, 2019

On May 18, 2019 we purchased a bunk bed and 2 mattress for our son. To date (July 6, 2018) my son has not received his bed as promised. We did have a delivery but no hardware was included in the package. We have a bed with rails lying on our floor which is completely useless. We have contacted customer care and they have been less than helpful. We’re out of $877 for their incompetence. It’s a scheme.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Don’t buy from Ashley Furniture. Buy from anyone else, we were lied to and then when I called the store to speak to a manager I was told they were all busy and I would need to come into the store to speak to someone. We were also under the impression we would get in store financing but found out too late that it was a credit card. Then they lied about delivery date and would not let me speak to manager. Waiting 4 weeks for a mattress is unacceptable when you are told one week. Buy somewhere else, give your money to a place that deserves it.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I've been waiting months for my bedroom set. Every time I call to ask when my stuff will be delivered they give me a date and promise to have it delivered. Soon as that day comes my stuff still ain't delivered. Never going thru them again. Worst customer service. They all say, "Hold up let me transfer you."

Original review: July 5, 2019

There are a ton of layers to my experience with Ashley, but I'll keep this short because I really don't even know what to say at this point. I purchased a bed from Ashley Furniture on April 30th to be delivered on May 31st. 3 vacation days taken, three different delivery teams here, my third choice in a bedroom set, and I still don't have a bed to sleep in on July 5th. Not something decorative... A bed!!!! I've been sleeping on a couch for 5 weeks.

I am begging anyone reading this to go anywhere else to get your furniture. I'm not a person who writes negative reviews. If I go to a restaurant and the service sucks I still tip 20%, but this experience has left me completely hopeless. Please do not spend your money here. Even if you have to pay a little more someplace else. I promise you that you don't want to go through what I've been through.

Original review: July 5, 2019

On June 27th my wife opened an account with Ashley Furniture to buy our daughter a new bed, mattress, and foundation. We ordered all three items online. When ordering there was a $199.00 delivery charge for Ashley delivery to deliver and assemble your items. Only thing is, the items that needed to be assembled came UPS. Out of three items ordered, the mattress and bed where shipped by UPS for free, and the foundation was the only item delivered by Ashley. We could not change the option for this delivery fee. It seems that they could send all three items by UPS if they are sending two of the three. They make you pay for 199.00 delivery for an item to get your money and send everything else by UPS.

Original review: July 5, 2019

The bedroom set I bought I found out about the low quality of the product when I received it. The drawers would come out completely. The chest was chipped in two different areas. When I reached out to the store manager wanting to cancel my order he said I had no other choice but to keep the product. So much for customer satisfaction I will never ever purchase anything from this store again. Customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The Worst Experience ever! I almost lost my job because of Ashley. They delivered all scratched and badly assembled furniture. Ordered parts for fix it. Technician came 5 TIMES to fix to find that the parts that Ashley sent were not the ones that were requested. Tech said it happens all the time with Ashley. They provide a 4 hr time bracket for tech to arrive and don't let you know until a day before. So I had to take day off from work anyway.

One time they called a day before and canceled a tech saying that the one that was scheduled is not competent enough for the type of job (why scheduling him at the first place?). So I lost another work day. Customer service is HORRIBLE. They don't have a complaint department and get a hold of manager is impossible. Left million messages for store manager to call me back- never happened. At this point 3 months later nothing is fixed and the wrong parts keep on getting delivered to my house. NEVER AGAIN will I order from them. Waste of money and personal time!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I don’t recommend Ashley furniture, it is peeling off. I don’t like their products. It is cheap materials with high price. When you called them and explain what happened to the furniture in replied say that is not covering by warranty. Please don’t buy!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Do not shop here. The store sent us the wrong table and is refusing to give us the right table (even after we told the truck driver to take it back) because the associate wrote down the wrong item number for a table we never looked at in store. Called the store manager after waiting 7 hours for them to return my call and was told that the associate would lie and say we never looked at a different table even though she typed in the wrong item number. The manager also said he didn't give a ** if we brought back the couch and the wrong table but they will not give us the correct table. Management was very belligerent over the phone and hung up mid call.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We bought 2 reclining sofas and a reclining chair on 9/26/17. We were talked into $500 insurance by salesman stating that if anything happened the insurance would cover padding, cleaning & mechanical. Found out 2-1/2 years in when recliner stopped working and padding in footrest has sunken in that ins. does not cover resilience or padding. Repair has been a nightmare. You have to call 1 dept who has to call another dept to set up repair. You have to wait 2-3 days for them to contact you. When they came out we were told it takes 12 wks to get part. Once received you call one # and they call another # to set up repair. You wait 2-3 days for them to call back. Too many channels to go through. Sofa has been stuck in upright position for 3 wks and we’re still paying on it. Expected furniture to last many years and have better service!! Also sales people need to know what they are talking about when it comes to what is covered by the ins.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Salesperson lied. Received the wrong furniture after being lied to about the delivery date. When we called about the issue with the delivery date we were told it would cost us $400 to cancel. We had already got rid of the old furniture in anticipation of delivery of the new furniture. Our kids had to sleep on pallets on the floor due to this for a week. After delivery we told them it was the wrong footboard. Gaby ** our salesperson at the Woodlands location told us an ER ticket was entered but never happened. When we talked to someone else they said there was never a ticket entered. We were told the bed we got was cheaper than the one we wanted and we would have to do a new contract if we wanted to swap it.

I went to the paperwork and the bed we wanted was on sale for $249. We were charged $249. We still do not have this resolved and it’s been almost 2 months. No offer from Ashley to make it right. No offer for the inconvenience. My advice - do as I will and go somewhere else for better quality and better customer service. This place is a joke. Worst experience ever on buying anything!!! This place is a joke! Would have gave negative stars if possible!

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs