2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.0/5 (1739 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Steve ** was our salesperson. He gave us a tour of things we were interested in. We were only looking at ideas but because of steve he helped in every way possible, not pushing a sale as most salesmen do. He was giving us answers as lf we were prince Diana and Charles. L was so enthused with him l want the whole world to know just how lucky we were to have gotten him as our salesmen. When lt was time to pay l totally forgot about the price limit on my card and the sweetest lady just all smiles had to fix the issue. Her name was Dawn. L am a salesperson as well and l learned a lot from him that night!!! I believe both of them enjoy their jobs. Lt takes a lot to continue when the day ls wrapping up but you would never know the store was closing with their personalities. Lt was like they were beginning their day not closing!! I must say this was a great experience and l will be back to see them in my near future

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We shopped around at EVERY furniture store available more than once and ended back up at Ashley's. After diligently shopping, we found the perfect everything for us! We purchased a living room set, 2 bedroom sets, mattresses, dining set, desk & tables for all. It was a big purchase for us and we were very leary about any sales pitch we may get. From the time we walked in we met Lillian ** (Douglasville) who walked us through (without hounding us) & worked with us on EVERY item. We love the quality and style of every item we choose and look forward to the premium delivery and set up of them all this weekend, and a few coming in a few weeks. We will without a doubt return to Ashley's for any other upcoming furniture purchases. The manager Keiron ** was also very professional and accommodating. No doubt 5 stars for our experience! Thank you Ashley Team!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I had planned on purchasing my first new sofa and recliner and went to Ashley Furniture. Ashley K. From the Baxter, MN store was of great assistance with purchasing my McCade Cobblestone Reclining Sofa and Lazy Boy Recliner. She asked me the questions to quickly narrow down to a couple options. Ashley was great with providing guidance for colors to coordinate with my flooring. We are very pleased with the comfort, price, and the colors. Larger purchases like these are generally quite stressful for me but Ashley turned this into a positive experience and so pleased with my purchase. I would not hesitate to go back to the Baxter store and ask for Ashley K. The furniture and service was outstanding.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased a Queen Flynnter 7 piece Bedroom set on 11/29/2020 from the Catonsville MD store, the store Sales Rep. customer service was excellent, his product knowledge was outstanding. He took the time to make sure I was getting the BEST deal for my purchase, I did ask for his Manager to let her know what an AMAZING job her employee had done. Prior to coming in I had been to 3 other furniture stores and I was very dissatisfied with their services. Upon completion of the sales, I was given all necessary paperwork pertaining to my recent purchase, I was told when to expect delivery.

When it came within a couple of weeks of my expected delivery date, I was contacted by Ashley Furniture with a more accurate time window. When my furniture arrived to the warehouse I was called once again to schedule a delivery date. I was scheduled a delivery date, the warehouse department called me the day before to give me a time window, prior to arriving to my house, I was sent a text message 10 minutes prior to the delivery guys arriving! The 2 gentlemen who delivered my purchase was very professional & courtesy. They neatly bought all my pieces in my house up to the bedroom, they were quick with putting together the headboard, footboard & frame. I was ask how I wanted the bedroom to be set up and once the job was completed I was then asked to look over all items to ensure they were satisfactory to me, I stated I was very pleased!

One of the gentlemen then stated to me he had to take pictures of all the items after being delivered and set up to verify I received everything in great condition. My overall experience was OUTSTANDING! I would recommend the Ashley Furniture Store in Catonsville MD location. If I should ever want to purchase more furniture in the future I would surely consider going back to Ashley Furniture Due to the COVID19 pandemic the whole process took 10 weeks, I was told after making the purchase it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I received the services I expected!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I have been shopping at Ashley furniture for the past 25 years because I like the quality of their furniture and how long it lasts. When I was younger I couldn't afford to buy furniture of this quality so I shopped at stores like Value City and the pleather would wear within a year. Also the wood chipped much faster. As you get older you don't want to have to replace your furniture as frequently so you want to purchase something more durable. To this day I tell all my friends who come over and compliment me on my furniture, how satisfied I am with the quality of my furniture and I would recommend them to anybody!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This was our first visit to Ashley (Henderson, NV) and we were in the middle of purchasing more than $2,500 worth of furniture with a salesman and the manager comes by and threatens to throw us out of the store (in the middle of the sale) because we weren't wearing a face diaper. Very poor form, to say the least, and left a very bitter taste of our first experience. We'll be shopping other furniture stores in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

A plastic part for the recliner broke and the service companies they directed me to either didn't service my area or only handled products still on warranty. The chair is only two years old and they can't help me to repair it. Product support is really bad. There's no one to really help in this area, you may get a good price on the furniture but good luck when it breaks.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Horrible process, they keep moving the delivery date back. It's been 2 months & I still haven't received my order, Horrible service & their customer service sucks. If you need furniture quickly do not order from Ashley Furniture.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We bought a sofa and chair that was going to be delivered. Cost of delivery was going to be 129.99. Had paperwork showing this cost. Got the delivery paperwork and delivery fee was 449.99. 320.00 higher than quoted. Had to cancel the order. Was told because the fee change would not be charged any cancellation fee. Hope this is the case. Took two day and a lot of time to deal with. Watch your bills.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

My order was placed April 28 and now Oct 14 they told me that by Nov 30 they will know when they can deliver. More than 7 months waiting and they already charged me because they delivered the nightstand only, every time we call they ask you to talk to multiple reps because they have other departments. Is a nightmare.

Ashley Furniture Company Information