2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.0/5 (1739 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 11, 2020

We decided to purchase furniture from Ashley Furniture. That was the stupidest decision we made in our life. On the time of purchase they promised many things and now almost 2 months we have been to get someone to replace or repair our dresser and now they are saying it will take another month. Now dresser is in our house part by part because they didn't install due to damage. When you call guest service the way they talk like they are doing a favour.

When we purchased they said they will replace it if it is damaged. Now they says they will not replace because it can be repaired but they will come only next month. So we have a useless dresser almost 3 months. Unfortunately purchase is done. Now we are trying to reason with unreasonable people. Hope no one else will go through same as our experience. Visited many times their showroom and tried to talk to customer care many times. Nothing happened. Still waiting and wishing at some day someone will come and fix this....

Original review: July 11, 2020

Lies from the beginning of receiving $100 gift certificate to lies about the financing terms to horrible customer service while shopping pregnant to horrible quality furniture that loses its look after only 6-8 months. Should have went with my gut and not bought here. I’d be happy with a refund that doesn’t exist.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I ordered a storage chest. It arrived with huge cracks on both sides of lid. I returned it. They wouldn't respond to online or phone messages for a month. I finally get thru on a chat and tell them to refund. They send another instead - it is broken in same way first was. I return it too. 10 days later, still no refund. They say they will respond to messages in 24 to 48 hours... 10 days in, still no response to phone or online or email messages. BEWARE!!!

Original review: July 10, 2020

So right off the bat, I would say that it's almost entirely impossible to contact customer service but staff is extremely friendly at the Manassas, VA store. Unfortunately it is not their fault when the warehouse cannot deliver the furniture at the said time. I was working with the General Manager (Nurula) and he promised me that we would receive our furniture (about $6k worth) within 3-4 weeks. It has now been 2.5 months and we have not received everything! We have had deliveries that have been canceled 3 times! The Sales folks will make all the promises in the world when you purchase the items but you can bet that your items won't be delivered for a long time. I have been purchasing furniture (total of about $15k) from them for the past 10 years, but I will be taking my business elsewhere. Buyer beware!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased a living room set on May 9, 2020 and was told that the chaise was on delay until 10 days later. I purchased it based on what he shared with me. I was called in June by the customer service manager to let me know it was delayed again with a tentative date of end of June. I called in on 7/7/2020 because I had not heard from anyone. I had to call again 2 days later to speak with the Office Manager to get information. I was informed it's on a tentative date in August but it could be longer. That they have no way of finding out the delay or someone to talk to in the manufacturing company.

I find that hard to believe that they have NO ONE they can follow up with. They were willing to offer me $100 gift card but no time or date for when my piece of furniture would arrive. She even stated only 1 store Manager and he is the only one that can assist her with this matter and that "he wont have any other information to provide me".. How does a store work like that. I have asked for the furniture to be picked up and a full refund and she said she cant promise that. They took my $1800 from me in May but wont refund it because in the paperwork it states delays can happen.. It does NOT STATE that they cant get a hold of the manufacturer to see if they even make this chaise - BTW it's the end piece to the sectional so it looks horrible.

So frustrating and she even said he will not be calling me. It will be her. That it's not policy for the store manager to call the customer back. It's hers. SERIOUSLY.. I am in sales myself over 20 years and have NEVER been treated this poorly. She did not care to try to work with me. She was more concerned with stating STORE POLICY.

Original review: July 9, 2020

We purchased a new table and had it delivered. Upon delivery it was damaged. I called when the customer service center opened about two hours after the delivery and spoke to the manager, Octavia, who assured me she had reordered me a replacement table and two chairs that were damaged. She believed I would get replacement within a few days. I called 6 days later and waited 3 hours to speak to someone. When I finally did I was told there was no record of my claim, reorder, or any call made previously. I was then promised that a manager would call by noon the following day to help me, and no one has called. I have tried to call them and I was told there is at least a 45 minute wait. Absolutely ridiculous. I have contacted my AMEX account and they have froze payment until this is resolved.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I cancelled my order online. Order mid-June 2020 and received a email confirmation that the order was cancelled but it still has not fallen off my bank statement. When I call Ashley Furniture to check status it still shows a delivery date of mid-July. I have left numerous voice messages as well as messages with their online virtual help and email, but no response or call back. I was on hold this afternoon for a customer service agent for over an hour but my call was dropped. I will never purchase anything from them again!

Original review: July 8, 2020

Not been able to get anyone on the phone about a chest of drawers that we purchased. It looks like it was something someone returned. We're out almost 600. I'm just glad we didn't go ahead and order the matching dresser with it. They are more than happy to take money but then give people the run around because of the crappy furniture they sell.

Original review: July 7, 2020

If I could give them a -.1 star, I would. This is probably the MOST unprofessional, racist furniture store I’ve ever been to. I purchased a sectional and ottoman and decided to pick it up from the warehouse. Once I brought my furniture home, we realized that I was charged with the wrong ottoman. The folks at the warehouse said that the salesmen at the store would be able to help me. We ended up going back to the store to get our issue situated and lo and behold, more issues. I started to voice my concerns and complaints and Eliot (one of the salesmen) decided to “help” by giving me attitude and not even listening to what I had to say and then he started to walk away while I was talking..That’s when I realized that these people didn’t take training on proper customer service.

Eliot proceeded with giving me the wrong information and then handed over my issues to some girl named “Francis”. Francis took over and at the same time an ex employee stopped by. While Francis was chit chatting with this ex employee who btw knows more than the whole Ashley Furniture staff, started telling Francis how to do her job, nonetheless Francis completely screwed up our order because she was so concerned with what type of candy she’s tried. Now I’m upset. We’ve been at the store for more than an hour dealing with employees not knowing what they’re doing and getting distracted.

Tory ** is supposedly one of the managers that does absolutely NOTHING and tends to whoever he feels and so when I started complaining about the services Tory and Eliot decided to tell me to leave and threatened to call the police... This was after Tory ** had finished smoking his pen (vape) while inside the store. Now I’m not sure what was in that pen but he started acting really weird and all hyped, nearly charging at me threatening to call the police. Hmm Is this what Ashley furniture is all about?

They get customers' orders wrong, failed to service them accordingly, give the customers attitude because they failed to do THEIR jobs right and then result in calling the police on a ** women especially when all this stuff is going on in this world??? Ashley furniture made 2, way too many, mistakes for me not to be upset. Whatever happened to customers are always right? And in this instance, I was. I am absolutely disgusted with Ashley Furniture because this isn’t the first time I’ve had a bad experience, I really thought I could give them Another chance but never again.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I was delivered a table on June 25th via Ashley’s Home Delivery service. The table was damaged upon delivery. It was clear that the damaged to the table had been previously noted because it appeared that someone had attempted to apply a wood stain to camouflage the chipping paint, but had used the wrong stain color. After multiple attempts to contact Ashley to return the damaged item, I filed a dispute with my financial institution. Ashley finally picked up the damaged table today, July 6th. I still have not received a refund. It is nearly impossible to reach anyone in the customer service department. Delivery drivers show up without any prior notice or appointment. Ashley has the absolute worst customer service of any retailer that I have ever dealt with, including merchants based in China! I have never seen anything like it.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Never thought I’d actually ever want to give a company 0 stars, but Ashley earned this. Ordered furniture a month in advance, was given a delivery date. A couple of days prior to the scheduled delivery, I received a call to say it would be here on “said” delivery date. The item never arrived. Talking to customer service has been a hassle - after being placed on hold for hours, everyone’s answer has been “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure” or “I wish I could help” - What? I’ve been transferred to different departments multiple times and it seems like they are just placing me on long holds in hopes that I will either hang up or stop calling.

Also, after being placed on hold for almost 2 hours, the customer service rep, Kiki, actually hung up on me. Keep in mind that I used no derogatory language, thanked her for her help, and told her that I understood it wasn’t her fault. Do not spend your money here. Am in utter disbelief that this brand can continue to operate. We are contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I contacted your company and I purchased a bed set and a vanity. The seller convinced me the merchandise accomplished my expectations. When I receive the merchandise I knew the set was very small and maybe it was nice for a girl. I began to contact your company, even I waited on my phone for more than 2 hours and nobody reached me. Finally, today I chat with Stephanie, and she did not fix my situation. I am a human who deserves respect and you treated such as piece of garbage, because you convinced me to buy without my expectations. Now I need to exchange it you don't permit. I will pay for something I don't like. I will use my social media to advise my friends and friends of my friends to don't buy your merchandise.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have purchased furniture for the house that I was newly moving into from Ashley's Pickering. The purchase was made in Feb 2020. It was a relatively large order which included three rooms in my house. While I was making the purchase the manager Mr. Sheikh promised me that all items will be delivered to me by six weeks – IF I paid the full payment on the same day – which we did, then came COVID-19. We had Ashley's delayed the delivery of the items until white glove delivery would be available which was mid – June 2020 + all goods in our item would be ready. The first available delivery date as of June 2020 was July 2nd, but there was one item from our order list which was missing and as per the executive on the call this would have been available on July 7th.

We readily agreed to wait for a few more days as we wanted to have minimum exposure to between Ashley's delivery team and our family for best interest of both parties. As we were preparing for the delivery we get a call from Ashley's guest care on July 4th saying five items on the order list would not make it. I understand on a different call (on July 6th) with an executive my items which were ready (for which I was waiting) have been flipped to other customers (explains the reason why different items were missing at different point of times). So, as of July 6th, part of my items which are ready; will be delivered on July 8th. For the remaining part of my items would apparently be ready between July 13th up to August 4th - can only be delivered once all items are ready.

I had requested that Ashley’s deliver my goods as they become available as I feel Ashley's have been taking advantage of my good will and flipping my items for which I paid in full to other parties. But unfortunately they will not do it because, “that is how the system works” (as per exec). I am dealing with a system (Ashley's) that does not work in the best interest of customers. I am now worried that this order will be further flipped around (because I am waiting for items to come until Aug 4th and the ones that are ready might be given to some one else while I am waiting and my wait time might get even longer. So long story short – be prepared to wait much longer than what will be promised during the sale.

Customer service – It is almost non-existent, I do not want to say it, but that is what it is. Once the item is sold no one cared in my case. I was promised a call back from the exec (Mary) as she needed “a lot more time” to look into my file than she can place me on hold and will give me back a call the same day afternoon (July 4th). After waiting for two day I called back to check why I didn’t get call – but all I get is “apologies” with nothing being done. While I called the store and requested the manager (Sheikh) for a call back – he is too busy and I have not received call a call for the past two days. So now I am still waiting (July 2020) for a complete delivery for an order than I have placed in Feb 2020.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I have been dealing with Ashley furniture since May 15.... still NOTHING RESOLVED!!! It took them 5 times to deliver my furniture... MULTIPLE DAMAGED pieces, wrong mattress, etc!!! I have spent over 25 hours on the phone, emails, and driving to store to get this resolved... unbelievable/ I literally have no words!! WILL NEVER RECOMMEND OR SHOP AT ASHLEY FURNITURE AGAIN!!!!

Original review: July 6, 2020

Order a sectional on 5/26/20 WAS informed that it was not in stock but it would be back in stock on 6/15/20 and delivery would be 7-14 business days after that. I called to find out how much longer it would be was told July 2nd. The salesman in the store said it was nationwide and every furniture store was having the same problem due to Covid 19. I finally asked to just cancel the order and I was told they could not because it was bought and paid for however I only put a down payment on it and financed the rest so I found that odd. Not to mention the very nice salespeople to begin with were rude and clearly did not care once the order was placed.

Called to get on the delivery schedule and was informed that it actually would be July 16th. I got a bill from the financing on the sectional that says its due July 16th. In other words they want me to pay for something I do not have and have no idea when I will but I can't cancel the order. I was angry at this point. That's terrible customer service.

Tried the main customer service number and could not get through, called the distribution warehouse it goes straight to voicemail but says the mailbox is full. Called the store where I bought it and asked for the manager. Now he informed that it's going to be July 23rd and that I am lucky because some people are waiting longer. When it finally shows up in the state then the 7-14 business days will start over.

This has been an awful experience so far and I don't even have the sectional. I will never do business with Ashley Furniture again. Matter of fact I just bought a bed (not at Ashley) and had it in my home and set up in less than a week. So I guess delays are really nationwide. More like Ashleywide. Save yourself the anxiety of dealing with them and go elsewhere. I sure wish I had.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I went in the store made major purchases in bedroom furniture. When my items was delivered one of the nightstands had been damaged. After the damage had been discovered I immediately called the customer service number. I was asked to take pictures and send them in and someone would call be in 24-48 hours. No call. I called them after the 24-48 hours period. I spent half of my day with calls, holds, and to find out according to them they had no pictures. Which I believe to be a lie because it was verified through the agent from the first call they had the pictures. So this nasty trained agent ask me to resend the pictures again to another email address and was told it would be another 24-48 hour before some one would contact me. I waited. As you would know no call from Ashley.

I went to the store and spoke to someone. She informed me that they had no control of any situation. Everything has to be handled through customer service which is a joke. As employee of the company they had to go through the same process as a customer to reach them. So I called the 1-800 number while at the store and got another agent on the phone who requested for me to send the pictures to her personal email and she would take care of the issue. This agent first tried to tell me she had the pictures when I never sent the pictures to her email. So I caught her lying. The lady at the store asked me to give her the pictures and she would get it to who needs the pictures to take care the issue.

As of today July 4,2020 someone calls and left message on voicemail and said they had pictures and they needed to get the situation. This individual leaves a 1-877 number with no contact information. My opinion Ashley has incompetent agents in customer service. We paid cash money for this sale and the customer service is extremely poor. I’m thinking about going back with a moving truck and giving them back everything that was purchased.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I bought my furniture back in May. They obviously run your credit. Scheduled delivery was 6/25. We got a call two weeks after we purchased and they said that our couches won't be available till August. I went to the store and spoke to the sales person, and he explained something about delivery ppl having open ticket bla bla. Anyways he resolved the issue and said that he reversed delivery date to 6/25...fast fwd I got a call saying my furniture scheduled for delivery on Wednesday 7/1 so I emptied my living room and was ready. No one showed up and no one called. I got another msg saying my new delivery date is scheduled in 7/7 and part of my couches WILL NOT be available till August 5th!!! Horrible experience, horrible customer service, horrible sales department!!! They don’t communicate with you and do not answer emails or phone calls!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I bought a bed frame that came in with crack wood and nails split from the bed frame side delivered May 11 and still haven't received any return calls or a replacement part. I've called over a dozen times. Their customer service is the worst. The quality wasn't even worth it. They will never have my business again.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I purchased LR & BR furniture for my newly built home on 5/31. Told it would be 3 weeks. Received message 6/16 stating it would be delivered 7/9. Then another message today saying 8/19. Horrible & no one answers.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I bought 3 recliners from Ashley Furniture the warrior brand. After using the recliner 3 times the back broke off and the wood split. I had my grandbabies in the chair with me at the time and all 3 of us went into the wall and hit our heads. I have reached out to them with multiple pictures and information over 6 weeks ago and No response. Please don't buy this recliner and Ashley furniture's customer service is horrible.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I have placed two online orders with Ashley Furniture. The first order was drafted out of my account, but was then cancelled without me being notified. I had to call customer service to get payment refunded. I decided that could have just been a one time issue so I tried again. This time, the money has been drafted and returned to my account twice, again, I get zero notifications informing me of my order status. So I have $156 going in and out of my bank account and I have no idea if I’m going to receive my order or not. I tried talking to a store associate and they have no access to online orders. I will never purchase from Ashley online again.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Don't purchase from Ashley Furniture, the furniture is not made well. Purchased a sectional, had it serviced twice. The cushions replaced and when I called to have service again for the same reason as before, Ashley Furniture could not help me because my warranty was 1 week over the warranty period. I asked if they would make an exception because it was the same issue and it happened during the Coronavirus pandemic and the answer was NO. So I emailed the corporate office twice and I am still waiting to hear back from them. Don't buy from Ashley Furniture!!

Original review: June 29, 2020

Updated on 08/07/2020: Anyone rating this place more than two stars must be an employee. The had good quality about 15 years ago but now in is the pits. I ordered 5 pieces of furniture on line on 6/1/2020. Two were delivered by UPS because they were small end tables. The other 3 were to be delivered by their own delivery service. Only two items were delivered. The third was supposedly on back order. All the things that were delivered were new in a box and needed assembly. No problem. That is what I wanted. One of the end tables was damaged due to poor packing. They agreed to replace it but it would take 2 months.

The piece that was missing was a sofa table. It came a few days later but was not in a box and was obviously not new. It had big chips in the veneer all across the front. They said they would ship me a new one. After waiting 8 weeks the replacement arrived. Again not new in a box and already assembled. Again damaged. Again they promised a new on in a box that would be delivered 8/4/2020. I received a confirmation email for that. 8/4 came and went with no delivery. This also happened on the first replacement where they gave a date only to not show up.

Calling them is impossible. I know all companies are having issues but to make a call to them only to be told to leave a message that will be returned in 48 hours is ridicules. In fact when I called the first time back in June I was told the call back would be within 90 hours. They never called so I had to repeatedly call them. They are more than happy to make a sale but after that want nothing to do with you. You should try calling customer service only to be put on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up on. I have probably spent 12 hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. I am writing this now because the replacement end table came.

Fortunately there is no damage to the veneer however all across the front above the draw the stain is missing. I don't know if the staining is being done by people or machines but their quality control is nonexistent. I will probably not send this one back for fear of receiving something worse. I can probably mach the stain close enough. They also don't clean the furniture properly before staining. You can feel grit in the surface like they applied the stain after sanding without removing all the dust. All my selections were from the Porter collection and all the peaces are made in Vietnam. Not saying that is bad but wanted to state where it came from. Overall; quality = 0, quality control = 0, customer service = 2.5 because they will help you if you can get in touch with them.

Original Review: This is long so if you don’t want to read it you should at least check out other reviews of Ashley Furniture on this site (1.3 out of 5 stars) and on others like ** (1 star out of 5 stars). Also check the Better Business Bureau’s 731 complaints against Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. at **. Please save yourself a big hassle and take your business elsewhere.

Today is 6/29/2020. This all started on 6/1/2020 when I placed an order for 5 pieces of furniture. The order included a dresser, coffee table, sofa table and two end tables. The sofa table and one end table arrived damaged. The large items were delivered by Ashley Furniture’s in house delivery service and the smaller ones by UPS. The dresser and coffee table arrived on 6/9/2020. They were new, in a box, and required assembly. I was then informed that the sofa table was on back order and would not arrive until 6/23/2020. The two end tables arrived via UPS on 6/18/2020. One of the end tables arrived damaged so I call Ashley Furniture’s customer service. I had to call 5 times just to get through. Finally, I was able to speak with someone that could handle replacing the table. They sent me a return label and set up the UPS pickup for the next day.

I was told the replacement was ordered but would not be sent out until they received the returned table. I received confirmation from UPS that the return was delivered on 6/23/2020. I received no word from Ashley on the replacement so today I called and after being placed on hold several times was told the replacement would not ship until 7/3/2020. The time spent on the phone so far was 1 hour 15 minutes.

Now for the sofa table. It arrived on 6/23/2020. It was not new in a box. It came fully assembled and was damaged in several locations. It was obvious that it was either a display or return from someone else. They tried to cover up the damage by staining it. The problem is that it was not damage to the veneer that could be repaired. It was gouges where the veneer was missing. All they did was stain the under laying engineered wood. It was not even close to being covered up. There were also cracks in the veneer that were not repaired. The corner of one of the drawers had a dent in it that had been stained. I called that day, 6/23/2020. After being on hold for 12 minutes someone answered but I was told they could not help me at the time and that a customer service person would call me back within 90 hours. I also sent pictures of the damage to customer care the same day.

I did not receive the call within 90 hours so on day 6, (6/29/2020), I called back and talked to a supervisor named Cora **. She said she had to connect me with the warehouse where the table came from. She tried for over 45 minutes. She told me she kept getting disconnected. I asked her where the table came from and she gave me the location as Harahan LA. That is my local store. The battery on my phone died at about one hour in to this call so I lost contact with CoraLee. They did not call me back so I tried to call the store directly. I call the Harahan store today, 6/29/2020, at 1:22pm. On hold for 7 minutes then the call disconnected. Called back at 1:30pm. Disconnected at 1:39. Called back at 1:40pm. Disconnected at 1:48. They obviously have their system set where if you are on hold for more than 9 minutes it disconnects you. I went back to calling the national customer service number and could not get through.

I thought about using their chat box on their website. I dismissed that because I had tried that earlier. The automated system answered right away and asked a few canned questions. Then it told me it was connecting me to a representative. I was doing other things so I let it sit there. After 3 hours I had not received a response so I left. They are more than happy to sell you their furniture but are very absent when you try to resolve an issue.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have been paying for a product that I don't have. They delivered the wrong product in February but will not take responsibility for getting me the product that I actually ordered. We are now going into July and I don't have the product I ordered and am still paying on.... If I stop paying, it's going to hurt my credit.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Purchased a vanity for my wife's birthday. It arrived with damaged corner, scratched front and broken mirror. This company is built on providing no customer service and preventing contact. You cannot use email (supposedly to provide better service), used messaging multiple times no response. You cannot stay on hold for an UnGodly amount of time as they cut you off after 15 minutes and switch you to voicemail. Again left multiple messages. Nothing. Buy a piece of furniture or anything from this group at your own risk.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I ordered a VERY beautiful bedroom floor mirror (Duha floor mirror in espresso) that I have been so excited waiting to get. It was absolutely beautiful, exactly what I had been looking for, and beyond that it was originally $439.00 and I got it for $149.00 (that number included taxes AND shipping costs) BUT after 9 delivery dates that no one ever showed up & more than a couple times where nobody even called/emailed to let me know the delivery date was changing, having to call over 20 times with no one answering the phone or calling back, countless emails that not one single person got back to, this morning I was finally able to get thru to someone to cancel my order.

I have never bought anything from Ashley and am extremely disappointed, frustrated in my experience with this company, as well as sad that I’m not getting this beautiful mirror I’ve been waiting over 2 months for. I will not be shopping there ever again online or in-store. The ladies I did finally get on the phone this morning were extremely rude to me when I should have been the one with an attitude. I could keep going with little things like how when I did get them in the phone this morning it took 6 transfers, sitting on hold for 47 mins, and multiple people telling me that I was going to have to go IN store to cancel an ONLINE order, but I’ll leave it at what I’ve got. I took time out and wrote this review in hopes that someone else can read it before purchasing anything from Ashley Home Furnishings and either avoid the same mess and disappointment I have or know about the bs ahead of time. Thanks.

Original review: June 25, 2020

The customer reps seem very pleasant in the beginning. But if you change your mind and go back the next day to change or cancel an order that hasn't even processed yet they bully you into buying it. We went to the store at Aliso Viejo, CA, to purchase furniture for the living room. We looked at the mattress from a distance, and the rep figured that we are interested in buying it at some point. We got wrapped up in the sales talk (which is our responsibility) and made an impulse order. However, when we thought about it, then it's an expensive purchase that we should hold off, then we went to the store within 24 hours to cancel it, which, according to return policy was okay.

The same sales rep took his shoe off on us, and other team members ganged up on us and refused to cancel. Later on, the manager who seemed to be "out of office" sent instructions from behind the scene to give us a free couch if we keep the mattress. It seemed like a compromise at that time, knowing that they won't cancel a hefty purchase of a mattress, and we were feeling intimidated as well. But now I wish that I had stood up to him, cancel the entire order right away even if it was all for free. The insult wasn't worth it- the worst service. I would have given a 0 star. They are not even worth 1.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I would like to take a minute to share my experiences I have had in the past several weeks with Ashley Furniture. I am completely shocked that in today's world this company would continue to do business this way. I will start with saying that I had a great experience in the store during my first trip to purchase a sectional. Since the experience was good I decided to come in and purchase dressers and nightstands a week later. The salesman stated that he could have all items which included the sectional and the bedroom furniture delivered at the same time to my new house. I also decided to order a kitchen pub table.

Finally the day of delivery comes. There is a rip in a piece of the couch (c.service wants to offer me compensation to keep) which I decline, along with a bulge in the back of another piece from being sewn incorrectly. Delivery took the ripped section but I am told I have to keep the poorly sewn section and wait until Monday to call in (wait on hold) to schedule someone to come and fix my new couch (are you serious?). We get the new piece of sectional the following weekend (another weekend day wasted) but still waiting on couch to be fixed. During the midst of this, I decided to go back into the store and purchase the bed that matches the dressers and nightstands. They then schedule another delivery.

My husband is at home during the time of delivery and sends the drivers off. I get home to find out that it is not the bed I ordered. I call the customer care line and am told that unless the salesman admits the mistake (oh well) I am stuck with it. Salesman admits mistake and the store tells me they will correct it. I call customer care back the following day because my husband decides that after three deliveries to the home, he is done with people in and out of the house. On

The customer care representative said no problem I talked to a Manager and we will cancel the bed flop and leave the existing bed at your home. Fast forward to today I am waiting finally on the couch repairman to fixed my faulty sectional and who shows up? The delivery guys to flop the bed.

I call customer care and all I get is a sorry the person you spoke to previously was new and she didn't finish the process of canceling your order. I call back once the couch repairman left to speak with a Manager because I was told during one of my many conversations that I would be offered compensation for my problems once all issues were handled.

Cameron from customer care answered the call. Cameron offers me a 70.00 in-store credit and tells me to buy a toss pillow or a throw rug and then says he will give me 80.00 in-store credit for my bed issue. I can barely get a lamp for that. When I ask to speak with a Manager he tells me he can not escalate any calls and has no other number to provide. He then goes on to tell me that the compensation is a "goodwill gesture" like "icing on the cake" and he doesn't have to give me anything. Is this what the company feels is an adequate way of handling a customer complaint? Never would I recommend this company! They will take your money but they could care less about assisting you after your product leaves the store.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Purchased over $4000 worth of products recently and had a problem with damaged during delivery and an item simply not being on the truck. Both items were to be delivered 5 days later. Nothing happened. Go online and virtual chat says call store. Call store and after an hour on hold get customer service but not at the store. They say call the store. See if the store does not answer in 30 seconds it gets routed to customer service and the employees know this so they don't answer the phone so this is literally nothing you can do fix a problem except actually go into the store. IT IS NOT WORTH BUYING FROM ASHLEY BECAUSE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU ARE COMPLETELY ON YOUR OWN.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I received outstanding service from the sales rep at my store, however once my order was delivered and installed, everything unraveled. First disappointment - I purchased $6k worth of bedroom furniture and was more than surprised they charge $300+ for delivery fee when the furniture outlet The dump same distance in travel, charged me no delivery fee for a $1k purchase. 2nd disappointment I checked the installation but I obviously didn't check it thoroughly enough, as when I went to use one of the drawers after they left, I discovered it is off track and unusable. There is also a chip in the headboard where you can see raw wood exposed, and one of the nightstand legs is uneven and wobbles. 3 out of my 6 pieces have defects.

I was never able to get through to a live person at Customer Service from the first day that I started to try to get resolution. I then contacted the store manager who created a service ticket for me and told me to call back in a week if I didn't hear from the service scheduling company. It's now a week and a half later and the person at the store who initially entered my ticket informed me today that someone deleted my service ticket for no apparent reason. Mind you, I started reaching out to Ashley within an hour after my furniture was delivered and installed, and 12 business days later I still have no confirmation as to when a service person will come out to evaluate the defects of my brand new furniture. I am left to keep pressing them to fix or replace the defects on my own, rather than the store or corporation following up with me.

Ashley Furniture Company Information