2.89/5
Based on 2,266 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Bought a new sectional within two weeks of delivery the frame busted. Called and they sent a repair guy out who stated they would have to take it out for repair for at least 2 to 3 months. He said they have at least 20,00000 repairs monthly. Cheapest piece of crap I've ever owned. Their customer service was horrible. They would not exchange it. The couch has completely fallen apart after 5 years. We are retired not exactly hard on furniture. Having a bonfire tonight. We are burning this piece of crap!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have purchased 4 sets of furniture over a period of a year and a half. I purchased a set in January from the West Dublin Granville store in Columbus Ohio. It was a reclining sofa and reclining loveseat. Natasha also persuaded us to purchase the insurance as “it covers anything that happens in the 5 year warranty period”. We put it in our back room. We (there’s only 2 of us here) always sit in the front room by the front door to the house. The back room is on the rare occasion of needing overflow. It got used maybe a half dozen times.

In August I’m cleaning back there and notice on both sets but especially the loveseat the fabric has started to pull apart. I start calling customer service. After literal hours on hold over a week I finally get a hold of someone. I have to contact insurance. I do and send and all the info and photos needed.. Declined. Call customer service again numerous times and email numerous time. Can’t get a hold of anyone. Call the store I purchased at and spoke with Bill. Tell me, "Yeah it’s a defect in the material. Call Ashley customer service and they’ll take care of it."

Ok so I continue to call. Get a hold of someone only to be told I have to call another number. Call them and response is, "Sorry can’t do anything." Keep trying and get a run around. Have to call this number. That number says, "Nope have to call the other." It’s now been nearly 3 months of the runaround. Probably a 100 emails multiply hours upon hours of calling. The furniture has not hardly been sat on. The seat cushions are still plump and no butt impressions at all!!! I honestly will never buy a single thing from Ashley ever again. Horrible customer service horrible product. Goes back on their own words.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I purchased over $5k in furniture within a few months in the Secaucus, NJ location. Last minute I purchased a sofa chair espérate from my other others and chose to pick it up at the Edison location. The first time I went to pick it up the item was completely damaged. On the 2nd trip it looked perfect, no rips or visible damage. When I got home I noticed the frame on the right hand side was not fully intact - it had a lot of wiggle room which it shouldn’t on a brand new sofa.

I called Customer Care 3 times and even spoke to a manager who advised that there is nothing they can do. I called the store and they directed me to Customer Care. One of the reps even advised that their warehouse has signs everywhere that say you are getting the furniture “as is” when it’s released and there is nothing they can do.

I would think that a company like Ashley’s would have higher quality standards and not have items to release to a customer that is not fully inspected structurally. I can only imagine how many others have taken furniture home that “looks” perfect and then come to find out that something is wrong and are now stuck with damaged furniture that did not have an “as is” price tag. I hope this review reaches the corporate office and raising this as an issue to the quality assurance and customer support team to improve this process at the Edison location. I also hope that I am brought whole by getting a new piece for the price I paid. A not so very happy customer.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I went in with my daughter just to browse at couches. We were not hounded by anyone. A very friendly salesperson Jhwil started talking to us and offered his assistance when and if we needed it. We found two couches we liked, spoke to Jhwil and decided on the one we purchased. He, along with the rest of the staff, were all so nice. Shook my hand, offered us drinks. Thanked us and wished us luck. Jhwil followed up after I left the store. Followed up when it was delivered to make sure I was happy. Definitely shopping there again with Jhwil!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

There are the worse pieces of furniture I have ever purchased. And when I call they send out a service guy from m a third party. I have had this sectional serviced three time within than then last ten months. This the worse company and when you call customer service they talk to you like you owe them money! I spent over $4000 in the Ashley store in Tyler. This is a rip-off. I would understand if I had kids but I don’t. It just my wife and I. We rarely company no one is home doing the-day. We may sit on the furniture for 3 hours a day if that but they are saying it normal wear. They only want to quick fix the sectional by place a piece of Foam through the back spring. I explain to the service guy that I have a small chihuahua and if he get ahold to the foam it would kill her. I said that due to the foam was breaking off as he was trying to force it through the springs. Since this is a recliner sectional it was going to keep breaking off.

Sincerely

Jason **.

Sincerely,

Jason **

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My order was scheduled to deliver on 5th Nov. Now I am being told that it would be delivered on 14 Nov. For cancellation they warn that I would be charged 25% of the purchase amount. I have nowhere to sleep but ground.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Four years ago I purchased thousands of dollars of Ashley furniture and also 5 year warranty on the Ashley furniture. The cable broke to release the recliner. I called their warranty company for a repair. They don't take electronic submissions of claims. Following their procedures, I mailed them a repair request form and a picture of the sectional. After 13 days they denied the claim without looking at anything because their policy is claims must be reported within 5 days. I called Ashley and their response was I didn't follow Guardsman's policy of filing paperwork within 5 days.

I guess my biggest issue is that Ashley is totally unconcerned with helping their customer. They are selling warranties to customers from the Guardsman company that is full of gotcha clauses and has no intention of providing warranty service. After spending thousands of dollars at Ashley Furniture, their complete refusal to help me in any way is surprising to me. It is clear to me that I will never buy any furniture from Ashley ever again. Ashley, I hope you enjoy the $179 that you stole from me for the furniture warranty as it will be the last you will receive from me or anyone I tell about your fraudulent warranty coverage.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Told couch was in stock, delivery continues to be delayed weeks. The contract says no matter how long it is delayed, you cannot get a refund for the delivery fee and you have zero recourse, you just have to wait. This is horrendous. The customer service representatives are unsympathetic because they know you have no power.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We just bought a house and decided to buy new bedroom furniture as well as some home accents. Bought the furniture in August, received one item of 5 in October and still have not received the remaining items. We are sleeping on a mattress on the floor because we don't have our bed yet. The resolution dept won't return my calls. Absolutely terrible.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Bought a sectional and new bedroom suite in early September was told the sectional was on back order for a couple months no big deal. The bedroom suite was in stock and we scheduled delivery for 2 weeks out. First delivery attempt the footboard was damaged, second attempt they tried to give us a damaged dresser that had been repaired, third time they called the morning of delivery and said the headboard was missing pieces but would bring the dresser and nightstands so we waited the four hour window and they didn't show. Been dealing with this for about 6 weeks and still no bedroom suite. Customer service is ridiculous. Nobody answers or returns calls and if you do get lucky enough to talk to someone they're not much help. I would definitely avoid dealing with them and take your money elsewhere.

Ashley Furniture Company Information