2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.0/5 (1739 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

First and last purchase made at Ashley HomeStore. Quality is lowest in the industry. They sub contract out delivery and customer gets stuck in a disorganization cycle as the go between. Multiple delivery issues. Sales people say delivery is separate. You get a “guest services” number to call that takes many calls, days and hours before you can speak to a correct person. Once you accept furniture you are stuck with it. It's a scam contract as delivery people and store contradict and customer is put in uncomfortable positions. Shipping charges are HIGH and they do not use boxes. So much damaged furniture as it is cheap to begin with. I'm very disappointed and haven’t been this unhappy with a purchase in a long time. Save yourself the hassle and shop ANYWHERE else!!! So much stress & effort. Horrible company.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I have been a customer for over 20 years because I love the product and never had issues. But this time around the customer service team have had bad service. It all started at point of sale on 9/5/21 at the Melbourne store in Florida. The sales rep Sarah ** stated my table would be delivered by 9/27/21. I was happy because it was a week after my move. I called CS to confirm delivery. I was told it was on back order until 10/8/21. I called on 10/6 to confirm I was told by 10/18.

Today I called. I'm being told by 11/6/21. I asked for a manager and I got instead Steffon in escalations. First of all he kept putting me on mute. To me this is just rude. I worked at a call center and I had to ask before I did this. I was stern and requested a manager because I knew he could not help. He stated, "No managers take calls." WOW, I explained I have spent thousands of dollars there and this was horrible that it felt CS said what they felt like to get you off the phone. As he talked then I would start after he pause. He continued to say, "You are not letting me talk." I stated, "Yes I am not to say that," then he finally hung up on me.

I called back. The next CSR was nice. She tried to connect me to the store which is an hour and a half away from where I am. She had no luck. Our call dropped and no one never called me back. I don't understand why Ashley allows this kind of behavior. I have a new house with no dining room table. I can never get the store on the phone. You should treat better your customers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Had a defective chest of drawers delivered on Friday, I immediately went to the store to let them know the drawers are defective and don't open. The service rep in the store just gave me a 1-800 # and told me they don't handle returns. Called the 1-800 # and it was closed, called the next morning (Saturday) and they gave me to go online and chat with a live agent, tried to do that and had to submit information and message sent was 'please wait for 48 hrs.' That didn't seem right to me so I called back and they said they can book someone to come in but I had to wait a week and the only option was they have to inspect it, try to repair and only then would they replace it.

I spent $1200 on a chest of drawers, because I thought it was good quality! So I asked for a refund and they tried to tell me to do a inspection first. So I hung up and called again and then I was told for a refund you have to request it within the first 48 hrs, and the only options I had were 1) 10% re-stocking fee with store credit to be used in 30 days or 2) 25% restocking fee and refund of the remainder. I don't understand how they can charge for a DEFECTIVE product. I spoke with the regional manager and his response was 'you can log this with Better Business Bureau, if you don't like it but by then you're 48 hr window will be over. I've had calls before and they can't do anything.'

I was essentially bullied into making a decision and I choose to cut my ties with Ashley and take the 25% hit. I called again as a follow-up on Monday to see when they would be picking it up and they told me I was scheduled for an inspection and not a return! They do not send any emails for confirmation of what was decided, they keep trying to push you out of the 48 hrs window so you don't have any choice but to keep a defective product. Super disappointing and I wanted to share that all consumers are aware of their return policies prior to purchasing. The quality was substandard to say the least, the service is deplorable and this is how Ashley treats their customers, it's sad and disappointing to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Awful customer service, we bought coffee table online and it was defective. We tried to return it but that customer support was not helpful at all..Wish I could give 0 star to them for quality and customer service. I SHALL NEVER RECOMMEND ASHLEY FURNITURES.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

We ordered a dresser on August 28, had it delivered Sep 10. When we opened the box it looked like It had been dropped from a 2 story building. We contacted Ashely online and they said, "Take pics and we will send someone out to confirm." That took another week for someone to come tell me what I already knew. We are now 1 month in on Sep 28 when we receive an email telling us, "We will be exchanging your dresser on Jan 2, 2022." We understand they are back ordered so that’s not an issue. Our issue is the broken dresser (which is not our fault) will not be picked up until the other one arrives on Jan 2, 2022. So for FOUR months that dresser (which is still here) has to sit in my house and take up room because they can’t pick it up! The dresser they broke.

Now is when the pointing fingers begins and moving company is blamed, then the moving company blames Ashley, then the online store has nothing to do with hometown store, and now we have asked for a refund and the dresser was denied a refund and we never were notified of that. When we called to find out what happened, the lady (very nice) said she can’t look up info like that but it says denied. Haha This place is a joke! I run my own business and I’ve seen this before. Just like the drug companies or our government, y’all point the finger in another direction. Know nothing is going to be accomplished.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Never expected this from Ashley. I have visited Ashley HomeStore at 7212 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 and ordered one King size bed frame and mattress set with adjustable Base and also kids bed frame. The order was delivered first with King size bed frame without slats (missing), there is no Slats came with the bed frame. I asked them why it's not been sent and they say that I have ordered Adjustable Bed base so they did not send. But I have ordered the completed bed frame set which comes with slats. Also the Adjustable base was shown us different one with massager in the store and they shipped a different one with our massager feature, pictures are attached. For this I have raised a complaint and also went to the store and asked for support but no one is responding in the store and they made me to wait for 2 hours just to reply me on the issue.

Finally they said the Ashley homestore cannot do anything in my case and they asked me to check with Ashley Online. Which was weird and when I contacted Ashley Online they said Ashley homestore has more control on the orders placed on the store. I was end up nowhere from here. I was keep on trying to call Ashley customer service and to connect to customer representative it's taking 1 hour and some time they will disconnect after connecting the call getting to know the information. My Request to all, never ever buy any furniture from Ashley. Once your invoice is paid that's it, no one will consider you. They just need money for us, never expect a support from them. We work so hard and invest our hard earned money to buy good/standard products from reputed stores, but this is what the realty is. I need some support in resolving my issue.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Shopping at this store (7001 Fayetteville Rd Suite 120, Durham, NC 27713 ), delivery and the customer experience were the absolute worst. We liked the sofa and loveseat set color in the store and ordered and we got a different color than what we saw in the store. We refused the delivery and went to the store. The store manager was not at all polite. He insisted that there is a 10% stocking fee if we cancel the order. The color of the item is different than what we see in the store. They disagree that the color is different. We ordered a matching chair for the dining table only to find that the sales consultant put a different item in the order when we received it. The sales consultant has no clue of what he was selling. He never went through the key terms and conditions.

The worst store manager and the worst store. I will never buy from or recommend Ashley to anyone. Especially this store as the store manager is very rude and does not even care about customers. Just look at all the reviews for delivery and run away. After submitting a review in Google reviews I got the below reply.

" Response from the owner 3 days ago. Hi Narasimham. Your review is very concerning to us. We would greatly appreciate it if you would text us at (704) 313-6411. This kind of service is unacceptable and we want to be sure that we do everything we can to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon." The is a generic one that you see for every bad review in google reviews. I did text the number and but no response. The product may be a quality one but Ashley Furniture has WORST Customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Firstly, They have the best customer service when you are looking around for something. They will be with you at all times in the store and tell you all the prices and specifications and recommendations. Once you fall into their trap then your life turn to hell from there. I got yelled by the manager for asking my stuff to be delivered and hung up on me. She called back and said (she was stressed out because of the pandemic). Anyways I got the shipment and it was a wrong color. Turned out I had to wait all over again. They made me buy warranty on all the items I got and promised it will be taken care of it with anything wrong with it. Now it's been about 8 months and the whole couch is falling apart because it is made with cheap fabric.

I called them and they made me send pictures of the tears and all. When I did so they never called me back. I had to call them back and now they are saying, "We don't cover tears of that kind" (it's Cleary from where the stitches are). They refused to do anything for me now and blamed it on me for not reading the manual of the warranty when I was getting it. There I lost my money on the couch and the warranty. On top of that they are totally different and rude on the phone than when you are on the store shopping. An advice for hardworking and hard money earners PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THEIR SWEET TALKS JUST SO THEY CAN TRAP YOU INTO SLEEPLESS NIGHTS AND FULL OF STRESS! Spend your money wisely!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

All consumers BEWARE shopping at Ashley Home Stores. You will be Frustrated/disappointed/annoyed and the experience will leave you questioning yourself asking why didn’t I just go someplace else to buy my furniture? On 8/29/21 purchased a bedroom set from Ashley’s home furniture store. The saleswoman recommended doorstep delivery. I was not even aware that this was an option. I received the 3 items on 10/1/21, in boxes in my Garage. The delivery drivers was in such a rush to drop off and leave.

My husband opened the dresser box half way and there was a large crack in the top trim of the dresser and a long deep scratch on the top of the dresser and a drawer that they tried to repair. We then left the box halfway open and went to open the chest boxes and lo and behold there was a dent on the side of one of the chest and the top of the chest had shifted and was not even with the other end so it does not line up flushed on the front of the chest.

We contact customer service as soon as the delivery men left. We was told to send pictures which we did and someone will call and let us know the next step. 3 days went by and we never received any calls and decided to go back to the store. A lady at the store looked up our information and she said we had an appointment scheduled for 10/7/21 for a technician to come out and repair the (NEW damage furniture), they dropped off that is still in the box in our garage. The tech came out and submitted his reports of the damage and even pointed out more damages on these same items that are supposed to be new. I explained to him we didn’t purchase repaired furniture. We purchased brand new furniture and paid full price.

The tech told us to call the warranty company, we did, then they told us to call customer service we did and it was very frustrating explaining the whole story just to hear the representative tell you in short I will create a case number and someone will call you within 72 hours or longer because we are very busy. We then ask to speak to a supervisor or manager, she then told us they are all busy and no one else could talk to us. We continued to go back and forth with her of how frustrated we are with the whole process and she finally then told us to hold on and came back and said I’m transferring you to someone else.

The person that came on the line was very, very, rude and unprofessional and dismissive. She was basically telling us that is the policy, and her title is highest person in the office. She stated that her name was Darrien, and I’m the only one in this office with that name. So if you don’t want to have another technician to come out to try and repair that same (New damage Furniture) that we delivered to you, there is nothing else we can do to help you and you will just have the keep the items just like that, and you can’t return them. I was appalled to hear how ridiculous this sounds to me, and I let her know that. We are still trying to get this matter resolved and just wanted to give consumers a heads up that are looking to spend their hard earned money on furniture please, please think twice before considering purchasing anything from Ashley Home Furniture Store, Don’t Do It or else you will regret it like us.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have ordered a bedroom set from Goedeker's whose supplier is Ashley Furniture. When I got the set the dresser was damaged. I had it returned and a second dresser was delivered. It also was damaged. This damage was not caused by the delivery process, it was a manufacturing issue. The first dresser had a huge smudge mark in the finish across the top of it. The second dresser had the finish flaking off of it. It has taken me 4 months to get to this point. I am now waiting on Goedeker's to get the 2nd dresser picked up and was told it would be 6 months before a new dresser will be delivered. My advice would be not to order anything from Ashley Furniture as it is poorly made and takes several months to receive the item.

Ashley Furniture Company Information