3.17/5
Based on 2,166 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

3128 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a severe allergic reaction to the nitrocellulose lacquer that was coming off the desk onto my skin and entire body. I broke out in hives and contact dermatitis across my entire body. The reaction began After a year or so, I had an overreaction to an over exposure to the nitrocellulose lacquer. There are parts of the desk that have NO finish on it anymore because it was coming off with normal use of the desk. I called Ashley Furniture and reported the allergic reaction and they did NOTHING about the issue with the desk. I would like Ashley Furniture to address this and do something about it. I bought the desk from American Furniture in October 2012. How many people are having this same issue and have no idea why they are breaking out in hives and contact dermatitis all over their body?!?!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I actually made my online purchase through Mor Furniture and they turned my purchase to Ashley Furniture. Ashley furniture sent two delivery men who was dumber than a box of rocks. They didn't even attempt to see if the sofa I ordered would fit through my front doors. I think they make their money from their delivery fees because even after their failed attempt to deliver my sofa they still tried to charge me their delivery fee. I would not recommend purchasing from this company ever again.

Original review: July 6, 2019

On May 18, 2019 we purchased a bunk bed and 2 mattress for our son. To date (July 6, 2018) my son has not received his bed as promised. We did have a delivery but no hardware was included in the package. We have a bed with rails lying on our floor which is completely useless. We have contacted customer care and they have been less than helpful. We’re out of $877 for their incompetence. It’s a scheme.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Don’t buy from Ashley Furniture. Buy from anyone else, we were lied to and then when I called the store to speak to a manager I was told they were all busy and I would need to come into the store to speak to someone. We were also under the impression we would get in store financing but found out too late that it was a credit card. Then they lied about delivery date and would not let me speak to manager. Waiting 4 weeks for a mattress is unacceptable when you are told one week. Buy somewhere else, give your money to a place that deserves it.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I've been waiting months for my bedroom set. Every time I call to ask when my stuff will be delivered they give me a date and promise to have it delivered. Soon as that day comes my stuff still ain't delivered. Never going thru them again. Worst customer service. They all say, "Hold up let me transfer you."

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 5, 2019

There are a ton of layers to my experience with Ashley, but I'll keep this short because I really don't even know what to say at this point. I purchased a bed from Ashley Furniture on April 30th to be delivered on May 31st. 3 vacation days taken, three different delivery teams here, my third choice in a bedroom set, and I still don't have a bed to sleep in on July 5th. Not something decorative... A bed!!!! I've been sleeping on a couch for 5 weeks.

I am begging anyone reading this to go anywhere else to get your furniture. I'm not a person who writes negative reviews. If I go to a restaurant and the service sucks I still tip 20%, but this experience has left me completely hopeless. Please do not spend your money here. Even if you have to pay a little more someplace else. I promise you that you don't want to go through what I've been through.

Original review: July 5, 2019

On June 27th my wife opened an account with Ashley Furniture to buy our daughter a new bed, mattress, and foundation. We ordered all three items online. When ordering there was a $199.00 delivery charge for Ashley delivery to deliver and assemble your items. Only thing is, the items that needed to be assembled came UPS. Out of three items ordered, the mattress and bed where shipped by UPS for free, and the foundation was the only item delivered by Ashley. We could not change the option for this delivery fee. It seems that they could send all three items by UPS if they are sending two of the three. They make you pay for 199.00 delivery for an item to get your money and send everything else by UPS.

Original review: July 5, 2019

The bedroom set I bought I found out about the low quality of the product when I received it. The drawers would come out completely. The chest was chipped in two different areas. When I reached out to the store manager wanting to cancel my order he said I had no other choice but to keep the product. So much for customer satisfaction I will never ever purchase anything from this store again. Customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The Worst Experience ever! I almost lost my job because of Ashley. They delivered all scratched and badly assembled furniture. Ordered parts for fix it. Technician came 5 TIMES to fix to find that the parts that Ashley sent were not the ones that were requested. Tech said it happens all the time with Ashley. They provide a 4 hr time bracket for tech to arrive and don't let you know until a day before. So I had to take day off from work anyway.

One time they called a day before and canceled a tech saying that the one that was scheduled is not competent enough for the type of job (why scheduling him at the first place?). So I lost another work day. Customer service is HORRIBLE. They don't have a complaint department and get a hold of manager is impossible. Left million messages for store manager to call me back- never happened. At this point 3 months later nothing is fixed and the wrong parts keep on getting delivered to my house. NEVER AGAIN will I order from them. Waste of money and personal time!

Original review: July 4, 2019

I don’t recommend Ashley furniture, it is peeling off. I don’t like their products. It is cheap materials with high price. When you called them and explain what happened to the furniture in replied say that is not covering by warranty. Please don’t buy!!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Do not shop here. The store sent us the wrong table and is refusing to give us the right table (even after we told the truck driver to take it back) because the associate wrote down the wrong item number for a table we never looked at in store. Called the store manager after waiting 7 hours for them to return my call and was told that the associate would lie and say we never looked at a different table even though she typed in the wrong item number. The manager also said he didn't give a ** if we brought back the couch and the wrong table but they will not give us the correct table. Management was very belligerent over the phone and hung up mid call.

Original review: July 3, 2019

We bought 2 reclining sofas and a reclining chair on 9/26/17. We were talked into $500 insurance by salesman stating that if anything happened the insurance would cover padding, cleaning & mechanical. Found out 2-1/2 years in when recliner stopped working and padding in footrest has sunken in that ins. does not cover resilience or padding. Repair has been a nightmare. You have to call 1 dept who has to call another dept to set up repair. You have to wait 2-3 days for them to contact you. When they came out we were told it takes 12 wks to get part. Once received you call one # and they call another # to set up repair. You wait 2-3 days for them to call back. Too many channels to go through. Sofa has been stuck in upright position for 3 wks and we’re still paying on it. Expected furniture to last many years and have better service!! Also sales people need to know what they are talking about when it comes to what is covered by the ins.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Salesperson lied. Received the wrong furniture after being lied to about the delivery date. When we called about the issue with the delivery date we were told it would cost us $400 to cancel. We had already got rid of the old furniture in anticipation of delivery of the new furniture. Our kids had to sleep on pallets on the floor due to this for a week. After delivery we told them it was the wrong footboard. Gaby ** our salesperson at the Woodlands location told us an ER ticket was entered but never happened. When we talked to someone else they said there was never a ticket entered. We were told the bed we got was cheaper than the one we wanted and we would have to do a new contract if we wanted to swap it.

I went to the paperwork and the bed we wanted was on sale for $249. We were charged $249. We still do not have this resolved and it’s been almost 2 months. No offer from Ashley to make it right. No offer for the inconvenience. My advice - do as I will and go somewhere else for better quality and better customer service. This place is a joke. Worst experience ever on buying anything!!! This place is a joke! Would have gave negative stars if possible!

Original review: July 2, 2019

I ordered a couch from Ashley in Altamonte Springs in Florida. They gave me a date that was 3 weeks out. When I went online they had delivery dates everyday. When I received the furniture it had a burn hole and the frame was all broken up. The manager replaced it but I had to wait another 7 days to have it delivered. He gave a $100 store credit for the inconvenience but when I went to redeem it, the lady in the store stated I didn't have it. I needed an ottoman to go with the couch so I then had them deliver it. 5 days later I get a call from the factory stating that they can't deliver it for another 13 days. This has been one of the worst experience ever.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This is an honest review for anyone looking for one. I bought furniture from Ashley - Calgary few times and recently I bought for about 17k 64 Ave NE - Calgary. Before selling they will treat you good and once they got the money then forget about any service from them and if you call their customer service they will treat you like an animal. I called them few times and shamed myself so stopped calling. I never wrote any poor review about any business but this one I had to. I regret my decision to shop with them again and again, they have no value to your loyalty. Please do not ignore this message and there are better stores sell better products with better costumer service. Good luck.

Original review: June 30, 2019

My kitchen table is only 2 months old and it is warped and they won't replace it. I will never purchase anything from this store again!!!! The seats are so uncomfortable. How can they sell a kitchen table that warps? Very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I recently ordered my office furniture from Ashley’s and was given a time frame of 2:30 to 4:30. I received a second delivery time frame of 4:30 to 7:30. As the time approached 8:00 I had to step out to pick up my husband. The delivery drivers arrived at 8:15. I asked them to wait 10 minutes and they agreed. As I’m driving on my block the drivers drive past me and refuse to stop. I waited an entire day only for them to drive off on me. I attempted to wave them down and they laughed. Never again! The company really needs to look into these contractors they are hiring. It’s bad business and unfortunately this has left a bad taste for Ashley’s as a whole.

Original review: June 29, 2019

It was a nightmare purchasing furniture through Ashley Furniture Homestore. They delayed my order 3 times so it came a month after it was originally supposed to arrive. Every time I called customer service to ask when my order would be delivered, I was connected to a new person who told me they could not help me or predict the delivery date. When it finally did arrive, the dresser I ordered had no handles. The delivery guy told me that he would notify the warehouse to send another person over at a later date to install the handles which is incredibly inconvenient. There are also chips and defects on the furniture piece and the edges of the the drawers are frayed. I would highly recommend not buying from Ashley Furniture. I had read other negative reviews about this company and their customer service, but now I have learned my lesson and will never purchase from them again.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I purchased a sectional along with the "insurance" and a guarantee from the salesman the sectional would be returned if there was an issue with the decorative stitching. Day 19 of ownership the stitching which is located on the entire seat and backing is coming loose and looping. This will cause it to eventually catch and break making it AN EYESORE as the stitching is tan over a charcoal fabric. This is why I wanted assurance the sectional would be covered had this happen.

The "call center" offered to respite, not possible as even the MGR agreed, second option they will return and charge me a 25% RESTOCKING FEE. That's not going to happen! You want to charge me a restocking fee for purchasing a defective product?? Really??? A 30 yr loyal customer. All managers have been giving me the runaround, stalling, not capable of problem solving Cody **. I will continue on this path until I get a resolution. I really don't understand your logic in losing a long time customer. Would Wayfair treat its customers like this? No way!

Original review: June 28, 2019

I could pay to return this item but why spend more money. The mirror looks nothing like the picture. Never again. Don't get ripped off. I have a picture of what I got to save others the 30 bucks. This is such false advertisements.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Overall - The furniture is 'OK' but be prepared to wait months for delivery. Do not recommend the '5 year worry free protection' because that the time and effort to use that will not be worth it. Unreliable delivery - I placed an order on Ashley.com on May 31 and was given a delivery date of June 19. Was told Ashley calls 24-48 hours prior to set up delivery window. Placed a different order in the NY Glendale store with separate delivery fee - was guaranteed delivery date of June 28.

Online Delivery issues -
      June 19 - No call / delivery window. Called in and was told 'delivery was unscheduled due to system glitch'. Rescheduled to June 20.
      June 20 - Same story - 'system glitch...unscheduled...' New date - 24.
      June 24 - No calls about delivery window. Called in. Now there is a new story. I was harassed into accepting a much later delivery date 'when online and store items are all available'. Well I paid 2 different delivery fees so asked them to deliver online items as they were available. Got a new delivery date of June 26.
      June 26 - Despite having told that our building allows furniture delivery between 9-5, I got a call for 6:30-10:30 pm delivery. Asked to move to noon-4 pm. Nightmare continues. They showed up at 8 pm despite the noon-4 pm window.

June 27 - I was advised that the best option is to 'just wait till everything is available' and they will now deliver on a date that

HARD TO REACH Cust Care - Takes over 30 mins to connect with agent - so I assume they are busy with others like me chasing down the items they paid for. For most part they give false information. Unreliable at best. 1 item that was delivered by UPS was 'OK'. Drills were in wrong places but we could assemble it. Overall - I will not brave this experience again. Have been without furniture for 2 weeks and have no idea when items I paid for will be delivered.

Original review: June 26, 2019

After suffering a total loss due to a house fire, and walking into Ashley Furniture on Jonesboro Road in McDonough, GA with cash money from insurance proceeds, needing to replace everything in a house, making every effort to make the money go as far as it could for a family of eight, the salesperson made the tense situation easy. No problems there. Then you wait for delivery. That’s when your experience goes bad.

You can expect to NOT receive everything in your order, you can expect promises of future delivery dates NONE of which will be met. You can expect erroneous delivery of items not ordered, you can expect omitted hardware for the furniture that is delivered. You can expect ABSOLUTELY NO SATISFACTION FROM ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE as they claim they have no record of the erroneously delivered and broken item you received that you never ordered. Or they say they have reordered the expected dresser and nightstand hardware which you never receive, and you will not receive lamps already paid for even after being advised of THREE delivery dates, none of which are met.

So you seek higher-level expertise from corporate representatives. You will get no better results. So if you are buying furniture you actually wish to receive as marketed and promised, DO NOT deal with Ashley Furniture. You will be extremely frustrated in your efforts to get what you bought and paid cash money for, and you will be disappointed in the company’s attitude that after you pay, you cease to exist.

Original review: June 26, 2019

To the reader – good for you if you are proactive enough to read the reviews before you purchase anything because I didn’t. Lesson learned. Please enjoy the timeline below of the infuriating experience I had with Ashley Furniture. Long story short, when you are in the store trying out the furniture you like, you are supposed to know at that very moment that it will not be comfortable, and that you will have neck pain so intense that you have to schedule a therapeutic massage a week later (true story, neck still hurts even after that because I still have to sit on the damn couch). They don’t care to understand that I spent $2,000 and want to be satisfied with my purchase. Nope, that’s unreasonable. 6/11 5:00pm - delivery truck arrives, couch was delivered without a hitch. (Apparently I’m lucky after reading the rest of the reviews).

6/14 11:51pm - I called Ashley Furniture, asked to speak with a manager. No manager on duty. I requested more information on the policy to return the couch, as it was not comfortable and was causing me neck pain because our previous couch had a higher headrest, and I didn’t know that was something I needed until after I didn’t have it anymore. She told me that after it is delivered, there is not much they can do. I asked why they didn’t care about the customer satisfaction piece. She said she would refer this to management and explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies. Was told someone would contact me within 72 hours.

6/15: Just to make sure my request wasn’t ignored, I went to Ashley Furniture and talked to Joe the manager to explain the situation. Was told he had no authority on the decision, that a regional manager would review and someone would call me within 72 hours. He explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies. On a side note - the moment we started talking to Joe, he acted like speaking with us about this was the most annoying thing he has ever had to do. I gave them 4 days, no one called me.

6/19 1:26pm - called Ashley Furniture to asked to speak with manager. No manager on duty. Told them I haven’t heard anything and requested (more like demanded) that I need a manager call me back that day. Was told the manager was “away” but she would email another manager in the meantime to assist. No one called me.

6/20 12pm- Called Ashley furniture and office manager answered the phone (I almost fainted!). Said she “thought she may have seen something about this” (Nice! Then why didn’t you call me back?). Checked her email while on the phone with me. Said that my request was denied because we were past the 72 hour window. I disagreed as I had contacted them within 72 hours of having possession of the couch. Requested for a manager to contact me – someone who can actually make some decisions. She said she would reply to the email and dispute the decision, and that someone would contact me. No one called.

6/23 7pm – Went to Ashley Furniture and spoke with the sales manager, Alex. I voiced my frustration of feeling like I’m being completely ignored because no one ever calls me back. We asked him why they don’t care about customer service and asked what the actual process was for these approvals. He understood and stated that Ashley was just acquired by another company and all of the policies have changed. The staff isn’t even aware of what the new process is. Explained something about “we have to send emails and copy everyone” so then the ownership of the issue can be lost, or something to the effect of completely passing the buck and taking NO accountability. The receptionist chimed in and stated she did see an email sent on 6/20 disputing the 72 hour window, and that the decision was still with upper management.

We stated we weren’t just looking to get a refund and walk away, we would be buying another couch at their store and spending probably at least another grand. So we asked about the restocking fee and he stated that he agrees that the 30% was high and that he would request for management to either waive or significantly lower the fee percentage. He left us with the impression that they were going to make this right and the return would be approved and restocking fee would be negotiated. He promised that I’m now 2nd in line on his priority list of people to follow up with, and he would call me the next day “good, bad or indifferent”. I finally felt someone was taking me seriously and we were going to be taken care of.

6/25 4:45pm – Got a call from someone in the store “on behalf of Alex” explaining that there is nothing they can do for me. I asked what the reason was this time. She stated that it’s because nothing is wrong with the couch. I disagreed then asked why the first time they denied it was because of the 72 hours, but now that they had confirmed I did everything on time, the reason is different? And why is there no regard for customer satisfaction? She asked if I tried out the couch in store and why I signed off on delivery. There was a lot more dialogue but the only way she could answer my questions was with the response of “this is the decision I was given from management and they stated this case is closed and they will not consider looking into this further.” But then, she explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies.

So I asked why they all keep telling me about that if there is nothing they can do? And why did Alex give us the impression that it would be approved and the restocking fee would be waived? She didn’t know. I basically got to the end of my patience rope and voiced my frustration by telling them I would NEVER be shopping there again, and neither would anyone in my friends or family circle. She said “that’s fine.” Then I said “this is **, I’m getting a lawyer.” Not one of my greatest moments, but I do have a legal benefit through work where attorney’s fees are waived so it wasn’t an empty threat at the time I said it. I told my dad about it and he said I should try to call Alex and speak with him directly.

6/26 12pm – called Ashley Furniture with my dad on the line so he could do most of the talking, asked to speak with Alex. Basically, Alex relayed that I ruined my chances of speaking with them further since I threatened a lawyer. We asked a bunch of questions, got a bunch of crap responses. Nothing they could do, they don’t care if I’m not going to shop there. He took no ownership of when he told me about negotiating the restocking fee because it was “before he knew all the details.” He gave me a “customer care department” to call if I want to speak with anyone further.

Fun fact – under the first paragraph in the return section of the sales receipt, it states “A restocking fee will be charged for all returns, including returns due to a customer’s change in preference of color, size, if the item does not fit, or any other reason.” Interesting that customers can return it because they don’t like the color, as that is something THEY SEE IN THE STORE! SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE – THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU AFTER THEY GET YOUR MONEY. I’m not sure how they are even in business at this point. Hope they go down the tubes eventually. Karma is a you-know-what.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We love our living room set from Ashley, my wife thought she found a great deal on bedroom set, ha! Ashley, I am surprised that you carry such junk. Thanks for a bedroom set that will have zero resale value in two years when fake surfaces peel off. Ya, they "LOOK" great in pictures.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I went into the store to look for a bedroom set. Didn't find anything but they showed me something online, which I liked. Went through the process of getting credit for the sale price but when I found out they approved me, they said I couldn't use the credit that day. I had to wait 7 days for the card to buy. I could've just used my own credit card, had I known instead of getting a new card I will never use. I receive the furniture and didn't closely check everything and sign off on the paper. Then when I start filling the drawers I noticed a knob missing. I check other areas and there are chips on 3 of the 4 pieces of furniture. I call them and ask to have it replaced and they said, "no" because I signed off on it already. Still waiting on 2 more pieces. Wonder what they'll look like, which is coming in 3 weeks. 2 weeks more than what they told me at the store. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have purchased items from Ashley Homestore in the past, with no issues. Then we come to this purchase on April 19th, 2019, in which it was a special order product, with no refunds or exchanges allowed. I was a little concerned about that initially, but I liked the idea of having something that is limited edition. My order was promised by May 12th, 2019, so I thought that's not too bad, right... Wrong, for it is now June 22nd, 2019, and when I called they displayed a severe lack of apathy, when they told me it will be more like July 21st, 2019! I am appalled for now it will be 3 months I have to pay for a purchase that I don't have??? Who does this!?!?!? Ashley Homestore that's who!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I purchased a Luxora sectional April 2019 at the Ashley store in Cumming, Georgia. I was hesitant due to the experience I had with a less expensive couch I bought for a basement years prior. The material rolled up into black fuzz balls. But I chalked it up to being used by kids. The couch I just purchased was supposed to be higher quality and I only bought it because the couch I really wanted was a bit higher in cost, but better quality. But since I have no kids at home anymore I figured the couch will hold up better. A few months after the fuzz balls appeared so I called and took the cushion in to Ashley. They referred me to the 5 year warranty, that the salesperson sold me telling me the fuzz balls will be covered. She lied for the sale.

The 5 year warranty doesn’t cover that....so I called Ashley again because it’s under the 1 year manufacturer warranty. I was told that Ashley won’t cover it and to get a razor and cut them off. It’s a year later I finally got Ashley to send a tech out and now they won’t cover it because it’s past the year warranty and the 5 year warranty doesn’t cover it. I spent $3500.00 on this couch that is only a year old and looks like crap. I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Ashley and I will ensure other consumers know about the product and the lying and lack of customer service I received!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I bought a sectional sofa from the Oklahoma City store. I believe the name is Larusi, 8 months ago. The fabric has been pilling and soft. Looks very old. Mathis Brothers and Ashley say this is normal and won't honor either of their warranties.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We purchased a sectional sofa in 2014 and paid over $2,000. The salesperson very simply explained to us the Platinum Protection Plan ($249.99) amount would be refunded to us if we didn't submit a claim within the 5 years. Well, it's been nearly 5 years and I called the store for the refund -- they sent me to the warranty department who explained that I could cancel the plan and receive a prorated amount OR roll the protection over to a new purchase. I am waiting for a return call from a manager, but long story short? We were lied to from the beginning.

Original review: June 20, 2019

This store has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. The furniture is cheaply made, and if you have problem once you have made a purchased. You will not receive a call back and any kind of customer service. I received damaged merchandise. Was lied to on the telephone every day that I called that I would receive a call back. Never buy anything form the Woodbridge store, If you try to return anything they will charge a 30% restocking fee. Remember that. You will have to pay either way.

Ashley Furniture Company Information