2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.0/5 (1734 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

The choices of good quality furniture are abundant. There were varieties from country style to new age style. I like that I can pick and chose my own style and have lots of options within that particular style. Prices are fair. Store is clean and professional staff are available to assist at any time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Purchase a couch in June and was on back order and would be delivered in August which was fine then was informed only the chaise part of the couch was available which we took delivery of. Then in September the remaining portion was delivered however the brackets that hold one of the arms on were wrong. Delivery person said they would order parts they never did, call Ashley they show no record of the parts being ordered, they sent out someone to fix the couch who told us he would have to order parts, that was the first week of October, still do not have the parts.

Called Ashley again. They said they have been back ordered and would not be available until mid December, but would see if they could do anything, informed us they would send temporary clips, that was 9 days ago and still don’t have the clips. Next week will mark 6 months that I purchase this couch and it has been 3 months since all of the pieces have been delivered and I still cannot attach the arm to the couch. Ashley just does not seem to care, no offer to compensate me and not offer to replace the couch with a new one. I email the president and his assistant and no response. They just don’t care.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

The store's layout made it easy for me to see furniture suites and imagine how they'd look in my home. Sales personnel were knowledgeable about furniture styles, which helped me decide the match for my current decor. I plan to return to Ashley Furniture for my next room designing project.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

From a distance, the furniture looks good, as the pieces do on the TV ad. When you get closer, however, the quality of construction is mediocre at best, and outright shoddy at worst, especially for the prices. The sales people, when we went, were pushy and intrusive. It was not a pleasant experience, and we left after making only one circuit of the store.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I had no trouble getting financed with Ashley. The payments were very reasonable. The furniture was great. The problem we had was getting the furniture to the store we bought it from. It took way too long because of shortage of trees, I think it was, in the mid-west.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I got a mattress and got it delivered on the 1st of November, came in a box and was defective with a huge lump in the middle and stitches coming out... I called them to report the problem and gave me the roundabout so that I had to call multiple times, because they never called me back when they said they would. Finally got an appointment for a technician to come back check the mattress, it only took about 3 weeks to get it and he just left, and now he said maybe it will take another 2 weeks for them to answer my complaint. Almost a month and I only slept ONCE in that bed because my wife and I woke up with a really bad pain in our necks... The WORST experience EVER... Be warned and DO NOT buy mattresses from them, you will expend almost a month trying to get it returned.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

In November of 2019 my husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley Furniture. The couch was delivered damaged. When I asked to refuse delivery because of obvious delivery damage, the delivery team informed me that it was not their problem and I would have to take any issues with the product up with the store. They would not allow me to refuse delivery. This should have been the first indication of my experience with Ashley Furniture. I immediately took this to the store. My salesperson informed me that she would have to wait for the return and replacement to be processed and that she would follow back up with updates accordingly. I was assured that there was a one-year warranty on the couch for all things and that we would be taken care of with no problems.

Being distracted with miscarrying a child and subsequently becoming pregnant again then having all things compounded by COVID-19, life happened and time passed quickly. During this time, I was provided an email address from the store to send the information to. We would later be told that this was the incorrect email and to try another. We would additionally be told that both of these email addresses had nothing to do with their return or consumer processes and more to do with social media and their usage for advertising purposes. After the birth of our extremely premature baby, I could not even sit on my couch as the frame was so broken. I returned to the store and was informed that nothing had ever been processed and no return or exchange had been filed for.

A repairman was sent, who neglected and refused to wear a mask in my home with my premature baby. The parts sent had nothing to do with the problem and the repairman informed us that Ashley had no intent to replace any damaged furniture. Upon further escalation, a replacement was deemed necessary. November 29th was set as the time and date for the first available delivery. November 25th I was informed that this would not happen and that December 29th would be the next available date for delivery. We are over a year into the process of trying to utilize a warranty that stands for nothing and is not consumer friendly. At this point, we are just wanting a refund for an inferior product and excessively horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I shopped here years ago and bought a couch that didn’t hold up very long. Went to their store and they actually had a display showing the inner workings of a couch. You could see for yourself how poorly made it was. Now I shop at one of their competitors and have furniture that has lasted for years.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Their showroom is beautiful, but what they ship to you leaves much to be desired. I personally will never shop there again. Do not trust them or their warranties. Check with BBB before you buy there.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I was looking for a modular sofa because I have a very unusual open space room. I looked a lot online and at different stores but could not find what I wanted or would fit, until I walked into Ashley. It was flexible enough to fit my space and the pieces were reasonably priced and incredibly comfortable. So much so that I now fall asleep on the couch! And the warranty is excellent, and the cleaning supplies given with the couch all work well.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Don't buy from here. My couch lasted 2 years they sent out a tech to fix the supports. The fix lasted 3 weeks and I'm back to a broken couch. They said there's nothing they can do. $1800 sectional and the back support broke just sitting on it .. And I'm 191 lbs so a couch should support me. They do not stand by their products or warranty.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Purchased adjustable bed and frame and furniture in October at Mt Juliet store.. It was delivered damaged and after 8 delivery tries we still do not have it.. I recommend not to buy anything from them as they are poorly run franchise owned by Chad Spencer.. Terrible service.. We tried to get issue addressed but they are they are a franchise so no corporate responsibility... Again I have never dealt with such a disorganized store.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

We were looking for a king size adjustable air mattress bed and found out the price was for one was almost equal to buying a new car. The employees were knowledgeable and friendly, but the costs are too high.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

There are three things that make Ashley Furniture the number one furniture store for me. Ashley Furniture has a wonderful, unparalleled level of customer service! From the time you step into their stores you are made to feel like a priority and very appreciated. Your every need is met, thoroughly. Their pricing is very competitive and allows for a wide cross section of income brackets to be able to purchase. Lastly, Ashley Furniture provides you with a variety of up-to-date, modern and trendy furniture. The quality is tops as well, always providing you with strong, sturdy and durable furniture.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Ashley furniture was my last furniture store to visit. Looked at different stores and really couldn’t find what we were looking for. Ashley had what we were looking for. We had a great sales women Who had knowledge and patience in dealing with a desperate family! We found the dining room that both of us liked. We also found a bedroom set that we didn’t have on list. Ashley’s has a great selection to choose from. We are glad we found Ashley’s Furniture store.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I purchased my sectional 9/26. Was told due to the pandemic it could take 6 weeks to deliver. Meaning 1st or 2nd week of November, I was okay with that but those weeks are now gone and a customer service number (no help) or young back to the store delivery will now be 1st week of December, we will see. If no furniture by 1st week of December, I'm going to the BBB. And request my money back.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Such a poor customer service and no communication, I supposed to received my order on 1st of Nov 2020, did not get, no communication from Ashley customer services, called them and they gave me new date 17th of Nov, still did not get it, no communication from them again, I called them again and they gave me new date of 23rd of Nov, same thing happened, now I am trying to call Store in Vaughan near highway 400, they are not picking up phone, left a voice mail and messages to sales rep, nobody bothered to call me back. Delivery team unable to provide me any date. Such a poor customer service from such a big brand/name. Will never buy anything from them again. Spent almost 10k sitting in my house without having sofas and bed sets.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I had been searching for black bar chairs. I just ordered them from Ashley Furniture. They are just what I had been searching for. The sales person couldn't have been more helpful. I would definitely go there again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I love Ashley Furniture. They always great looking and affordable furniture and the salespeople are always friendly and helpful. They have lots of convenient locations and the outlet store is also a great place to shop if you are looking for a bargain on quality furniture.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Nice store layout, Good brand name products w/ a decent of styles, colors and selection. Delivery cost a tad high and time frame of delivery was slower than expected since it was in stock and we were there on a Monday. Sales associate needs to have Customer 101 training.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

On October 3, 2020 I purchased a bed for my daughter. The sale associate quoted me estimated delivery date for the Week of November 17. Ashley changed my date until November 30. The delivery date changed again to January 2021. In the meantime, my daughter does not have a bed to sleep in. When asked for refund, Ashley will not refund after 72 hours. If I would have known that I would not receive my expensive purchase around of the expected delivery date, I would never have purchased! I have to purchase a lot of furniture for my new home, however, I will never do business with Ashley Furniture again. That is unfortunate since I have been a customer of theirs for the past 8 years buying a lot of furniture. Furniture Row has always been a good alternative and will get my future purchases.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I am a first time customer of Ashley Furniture HomeStores 1919 Jonesboro Rd. McDonough, GA 30253. I was extremely satisfied with my sales person on November 21, 2020. Tonight when I called the store the phone was answered with "What the hell do you want"! I had to ask several times, "Was this Ashley Furniture?" The lady told me to hold on and never put the phone on hold. She spoke to someone then said "Yes, this is, I'm sorry". I was completely taken off guard from the beginning. I was calling because I could purchase my furniture online from their website at a lower price and better financing plans.

The unprofessionalism was not a one time occurrence with this store. As I was waiting in line there was an elderly woman in front of me at the counter complaining about how she was treated by customer service and when she would call the store. Ashley, has nice furniture but the customer service in McDonough is awful. Even the store manager is unprofessional. My salesman was doing a great job without needing any help. A man came over and sat on the back of a sectional I was looking at and interjected right into our conversation without being solicited to do so. He made me feel very uncomfortable and I thought he was rude!

**, almost lost the sale because of this. I asked ** if he was in training or needed help and he said, "No, why?" I explained how uncomfortable I was and I thought the other guy was rude...He didn't need him to help and I almost didn't complete my purchase. When I suggested for him to say something to the man, ** said he couldn't because it was his BIG boss! That explains how the store is ran and the reason ** answered the phone so unprofessionally! I would use Ashley Furniture HomeStores again, just not in McDonough GA!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

It is a very pleasant place to shop! I was greeted promptly but not overbearing. The salespeople are very knowledgeable and just so nice. Not pushy at all, and they do not badmouth their competitors. I will refer and continue to shop with them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Ashley Furniture is reasonably priced and mid-range quality. This is a store everyone can afford. I do wish there were more stores in my area. The quality does compare with RC Willey and Becks. I prefer shopping at Ashley's and if they have what I want I will buy from them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Understood my needs and inventory was what I expected. Also reasonably priced. The quality of the inventory was better than most and sales staff was attentive to my needs.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I had an issue with dining chairs I purchased online. The image was deceptive as to the depth of the seat cushion and had to return them. Several calls to customer service bumped up to supervisors, very frustrating. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

The last time I shopped Ashley I found furniture that I really loved and purchased they were so diversified and their prices and sales were excellent. I window shop there often for the next time I need furniture. The quality of service was excellent. Their display of furniture was wonderful and exciting to the eye. Thank you Ashley.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

The salesman was great but that's where it ended. A recliner had the foot rest crooked & I called the next day after delivery to report it. I requested a new one & was told they couldn't do that. They had to try to repair it first. I wasn't happy about having to accept a repaired chair when I paid for new. So I had to deal with an outside contracted repairman that scheduled a day & time & never showed up. I had to call him again & he finally showed up at 7pm when he had told me 10am. Nobody wants to wait all day. It wasn't repairable & still I couldn't get a new one. They ordered a new footrest mechanism. Then again, I had to wait & wait for the guy to show up to repair it. I've only had this furniture a year & now I see that the leg on one of my chairs is split. A BAD split. Mind you, I live alone with very little company. That chair has been sat in maybe 4 or 5 times. And not by heavy people. So disappointed in the quality I paid for.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I purchased an entire living room set on July 10, 2020 with a delivery date in 3 months. After that date in October passed we were given a date of November 27th. Got a call today saying JANUARY 12, 2021. I could have ordered custom furniture in that time. Very very VERY disappointed and frustrated. We did get a full refund from them today but they had our money for almost 5 months, interest free, and zero results from it. Very dissatisfied. If you want furniture in a reasonable amount of time, this is not the place for you.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I never ever write bad reviews, but this experience has been mind blowing in the worse way. We ordered and paid for our furniture on July 17. It was finally delivered on November 19 of weeks of telling us it was coming in. Then, we sit in the chair for the first time, it fell in. Nothing was broken, they had not nailed the bottom in (nails aren't even through the wood, it just did not get nailed in. I call immediately, first, the girl wouldn't give any update on when we would hear or what we would be told, etc. My husband called her back and asked for a date and she said send pictures to an email and she would call back immediately. So we did. She called back and then said someone would call. Monday comes, no call. I call today, and instead of looking at my order, they give me the technician area's phone number and said they would have information now.

I call them, they said there is no work order. They told me to call that line back. I did, the first girl had put it in the wrong portal....so they finally fixed it. The technician has now texted. December 10 is the earliest time that a technician can come fix it!!!! 21 weeks it will be since we purchased the chair. 18 weeks was not long enough to apparently make it and make it the right way. I am beyond frustrated. I completely understand Covid has been an issue, but to have that long of a time and then send it not completed- absolutely ridiculous. You had no issue of taking my money, Covid wasn't an issue for that process. It's not an issue of going in and looking at the furniture or purchasing. But it is an issue with ordering, delivering, making it like it should be, then when it comes wrong, correcting the problem. I will never shop here again.

I never went into the store upset over the 18 weeks, I waited patiently, and every week was told by the sales representative (who is a rock star with delivering bad news) that he has no idea what is going on, but that the company moved the date out again and again and again. I know he hated to make that call for 17 weeks in a row. I did ask could we just get a refund (on the 14th week), but I was told we would have to pay a restocking fee.... What restocking fee? It clearly wasn't stocked! Finally, the 18th week, he said we would be getting a call for delivery. We would love to just be done with the awful wait and situation, but instead, we just can't use it....

And the only other thing that concerns me, why would it take that long for a technician to come out? Does all your furniture have that many issues that they are booked until then? I went into the store that day so excited because we had saved up for a long time to pay cash, picked out what we thought was perfect, left confident that we would have our furniture by Labor day, here it is Thanksgiving, we finally have it and can't use it. We may not even have it usable until Christmas. So I guess we sit on the floor from now on. Thanks Ashley Furniture for an unforgettable experience. We wanted to upgrade each room with new furniture, and we can guarantee it won't be with you.

Ashley Furniture Company Information