2. Homeowners

Brandon, FL

1.4/5 (234 ratings)

About American Signature Furniture

American Signature Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Signature Furniture?

Original review: June 28, 2021

We purchased an $2000 5 piece outdoor sectional, it was delivered pretty timely however the look and quality was disappointing for the price paid so we called for a return of the item, did not even unwrap the entire thing. They schedule a pick up a week later, they came and picked it up and suppose to get a call the day after to get the refund which I was told was few hindered less because of “re stocking fee”. Five days later I called, waiting time with them is at least 40 minutes which is horrible already. After more than 40 min I was disconnected.

I called the local store, they said they received the sectional but they don’t process refunds. So I called again the 1800- number … several days in a row. Eventually I got to speak with somebody’s after more than two week from the day of pick up! This customer service attendant answered - Cheyenne ** Customer Care Specialist American Signature, Inc. She said she is processing the refund and I will received it in 3-7 days. A month later there was no refund! I emailed her and she never answered again! I file a dispute with my credit card to get my money. Super frustrated and disappointed. Will never ever buy from them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I purchased a warranty and my bed broke. Technician came out and said it could not be fixed. Logged on to site asked for a replacement, by the way it has not been resolved and it has been over 2 months, they want me to drive 3 hours because that’s the closest to me. That’s not the kicker. I explained I could not do 6 hours round trip so just give me the money back. I paid over $1k for the bed and warranty and they offer me $369. What am I suppose to do with that? I have shopped with Value City for years and have always purchased the warranty. Never had a problem but now since the store in Memphis is closed I can’t get good customer service. Today 5/25/21 I have been on the phone for 6 hours going back and forth. Talked to a supervisor she couldn’t help me so I asked for the manager owner until I can get some justice regarding this matter. Unacceptable how they are trying to handle this.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2021

Whatever you do don’t do their 120 days no fees plan! The website to make payments never works, you have to call the store or go to the store to make payments. I tried to make my final payment for 3 weeks before it was due and due to problems on their end it didn’t get made in time so they tried to make me pay double what I had purchased it for, 6k for 3k mattress. And the 120 day exchange is bogus too. I had the most expensive mattress and when I went to exchange it the only choice was a cheaper one by almost 1k and they make you take the cheaper and pay for the more expensive. Delivery tore my alarm sensor off the door and never paid to replace it, furniture is cheaply made at best. Not worth the price and sketchy business practices. I’m sending the mattress back, I refuse to pay 6k for something that was already overpriced at 3.

Original review: May 11, 2021

In OCT 2020, we purchased a living room set & extra sofa for the basement. After several delays (as they did not have the furniture) we switched to a dining room set. We were advised we would have more luck with the switch. Well here it is -MAY 2021- and they delayed my delivery AGAIN until JULY 22, 21. They HOPE to have something to deliver in July. We made them refund our money! AFTER 7 months you can't deliver what you sell to customers? And then they want you to wait for a check for your refund... NEVER AGAIN. Stop selling what you do not have!

Original review: May 6, 2021

Bought a recliner couch that got delivered in Dec 2018. The couch is 2.4 months old and falling apart. The finish is peeling off, the thread coming off seams, the separate couch parts no longer stay attached. No problem right? Since the salesman sold us the warranty that "covers everything". It is a lie, do not bother purchasing the warranty and do not believe anything the salesman says. Warranty company denying service to the couch. No problem, I closed my American Signature credit card and taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I purchased some furniture from American Signature Furniture. I called a week later to change one of the items over the phone. The sales representative asked if I wanted to add the warranty to my order. I said no multiple times. He said if I change my mind I could add, I again said no. I just reviewed the updates purchase information and he added the warranty after me saying no many times. I spent over $10,000 and this is the loyalty they have to try and be sneaky. The part of the delivery that was available showed up with dirt marks all over the white leather. I will be calling to cancel the warranty once they're open and may just cancel the entire order for them trying to pull one over and delivering such dirty expensive furniture.***Brandon, FL location***

Original review: March 25, 2021

Bought sectional sofa. Did not set anything like the one I sat on in store. Was hard as a brick. They sent out repair man this morning. He said the only way to fix it is to rip out entire sofa and replace all of it with new foam and cores. I refused, do not want a ripped apart sofa. I am so disappointed. Repair man said, "Call the warranty company. They may help." Do not buy from this company. When you try to reach them you will be on hold over 1 hour then get a disinterested person that is no help at all. You will not get what you ordered. And you will not get anything done about it.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We found a sectional at the Kennesaw, GA showroom and ordered it as it seemed to be good quality. What we received 4 months later had mismatched colors, arms are not padded so there is a hollow section between the fabric and frame. After two weeks of typical use the cushions are already showing signs of wear, this took two years with our old Ashley set, which was half the price so I never had high expectations.

The finish overall on this is poor, one of the seams on the ottoman arrived split. The fabric is pulled super tight on that piece but is slack and or bunched in other areas. The pillows, most of them, have the white filler showing in different places. I wasn't home when this was delivered, I would have refused it. They finally came and picked up the piece that was the farthest from the right color but that was a whole different hassle to arrange. This product is cheap and poorly made. Though I know this company doesn't really make "fine" furniture I did expect more for $3500. We will get a new sofa in a year or two from somewhere else.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Awful experience with this place, I paid for my headboard in September my delivery date has been moved more than 3 times. So when I finally think I'm going to get it on 2/17/21 they advised the vendor has moved date until May. Fed up. Will be going to get a refund today. You should look into getting better vendors.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I ordered a dining room buffet piece in October. Now 4 months later, they deliver a buffet that is not what I ordered. Now I cannot get thru to the store or delivery to discuss, I am caller # 49 in line and probably will be on hold for 90 minutes trying to reach an actual person to see what can be done. Customer service sucks!

American Signature Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs

American Signature Furniture stores are concentrated mainly in the Eastern half of the country. The company offers traditional furnishings, as well as home décor accessories and outdoor furniture.

• Selection: Find furniture for living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, kids, plus mattresses and accent pieces.

• Protection Plans and Warranties: Vary by item.

• Delivery Services: A specialist will deliver and assemble your furniture. For a period of 1 year, a specialist will repair or replace defective items.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team