1800Mattress.com is now owned and operated by Mattress Firm. Please click on this link to visit the Mattress Firm page for further assistance.
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5
Based on 1,040 ratings submitted in the last year
This company is out of businessFind other companies

Founded in 1976, 1800Mattress offers a wide variety of mattress brands, sizes and features. The company offers free delivery nationwide on most orders, with some mattresses available for next-day delivery to certain states.

Unsubscribe at any time.

1800Mattress.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Mattress.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Mattress.com?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I was looking for a new mattress, a friend recommended 1800Mattress so I called and purchased a Beautyrest Greenwood Firm model, was happy with it until it started buckling and separating. I called and arranged for an exchange, on the day of the exchange a man came and took pictures left, never came back so I called 1800Mattress to find out what happened, was told the exchange was denied due to stains which are not there. Was also told I could wait until after 120 days to file a claim... am I supposed to sleep on a defective mattress that was expensive... very disappointed.

Dear Susan,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications. We are here to help! A Specialist will review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Ordered a mattress. Was told 7-10 business days for delivery. No one contacted me regarding delivery even 10 days after the order - it still showed as "order processing" on the website. Contacted the customer service number listed on the website... they transferred or provided me with another phone number to assist with my order. Unfortunately, one can't reach a live body at that phone number. Tried back the original customer service and the answer I received was, "We can not help with online orders." Clicked the CHAT button on their website. "Can't help with online orders."

They provided email address for customer service... NO RESPONSE from the email. After chasing my tail like I was at the DMV, I decided it wasn't worth my time or aggravation. If this is their customer service, which is non-existent, literally, then how good can their product be... what happens if there is a warranty situation? I have charged back my credit card for non-delivery of product.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 22, 2017

I placed an order for a Beautyrest Recharge. This mattress didn't even last a year! And when I contacted them about the issues with the bed I had to pay $20 for them to send a kid to my house to take pictures of the bed. But they said they didn't see anything wrong with the bed from the pictures I took. So after that I had to pay an additional $40 for someone to come look at the bed. When this man arrived to look at my bed he asked me "What's the problem with your mattress?" I told him if he stood back he could see the indents in the bed. His response was "OH I can see the problem it's just my job to ask".

They gave me a $578.44 in-store credit. But in their letter it specifically states they will replace the mattress and defective pieces. They tell me they no longer sell this mattress. So now I have to come up with more money to buy another mattress! When I hadn't even had this mattress for year! I will never recommend this company to anyone nor would I buy another item from this company ever again!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I purchased a Beautyrest Recharge queen size mattress along with a Beautyrest box-spring that I was told I MUST purchase for the warranty to be valid on 05/16. Within less than 7 months the mattress had a defect in which everything inside the mattress shifted from right to left, causing the left side of the mattress to protrude excessively. Due to this defect it also caused the right side to become very soft and the left side to become very hard. I filed a claim on 02/16 and received the warranty kit. (Which is a joke, because how are you able to test the sagging and/or firmness of a mattress with a pillow top with a string laid across the mattress?) Due to personal issues, I was unable to send in the pictures for the warranty and exchange.

Finally on 12/16, I was able to send in pictures, which clearly show the defective left side of the mattress protruding excessively. Along all pictures required. On 01/17. I received a review of my complaint and was told that the mattress was not defective and that the warranty does not cover protruding and or the shifting of the inside of the mattress. Only ripped seams and or large impressions.

This is ridiculous!!! I spent over a $1000.00 for the mattress which was on sale at the time. Let alone purchased a box spring which I felt I did not need, but to not void the warranty I was told I needed to purchase it. I have purchased several mattresses for 1800Mattress in the past, never once having an issue with any of the mattress. The ONE time I do have a defective mattress, I am told it is not covered. I would like this issue resolved immediately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

If I could give less than 1 star I would. I purchased a mattress online it was delivered on the day it was supposed to be delivered. Upon delivery I realized it was not the mattress I should have purchased. No problems to this point. A simple exchange should take care of this issue. I contacted customer service via the 1-800 #. The first call I made was the day after delivery, Friday. I was told that a sales rep would have to help me and that there were no sales reps available and that they would call me back. I never received a call. I waited until Monday morning to follow up, this particular call I was on hold for 27 minutes and could not wait any longer so I hung up. I called back later in the day and I was again told that a sales rep would contact me.

Tuesday comes around and as I speak to customer representatives it's more of the same... no one can help me with a simple exchange. A manager will receive an email with my concerns and someone will get back to me. Now it's Wednesday and I still had not heard from anyone at 1800Mattress/Sleepy's... nothing. So I take it upon myself to call again. I get the same story someone will call you back. So I called a few hours later and actually spoke to a rep named Paul who said he could help me. He even had me looking at exchange options online, as we decided on a new mattress he said he had to go into another program and that he would call me back in 15 minutes...guess what? He never called back! I waited another few hours and called back, spoke to rep that said they will have someone from sales contact me. I asked to speak to a manager, of course there is no manager to speak to.

Everyone gets an email and then supposedly is to call you back. It's not happened to date. This exchange is a week in the making. I am so frustrated that I don't even want the bed any longer. This company clearly does not care about its consumers. They made that perfectly clear to me. My recommendation would be to never do business with 1800Mattress or Sleepy's.

James,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We do see that the exchange was processed. Should you require additional assistance please let us know and we will have a specialist contact you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Terrible experience, and I feel like I was overcharged and given the runaround. Here's the full saga: I originally ordered a Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Plush mattress from Sleepy's ($431.99, with no discount, for the mattress, and $79.99 for shipping, for a total, with tax, of $534.88), but canceled the order upon discovering that delivery could take up to three weeks. After shopping around for a little while, I saw that 1800Mattress was offering free next-day delivery on all orders over $399. The salesman I connected with told me that the model I had selected wasn't available for fast delivery in my area, but recommended something similar (the Sealy Posturepedic Chaleigh).

The new model was more expensive than what I had picked out, but the salesman was able to offer a discount, so that with the shipping it came out to $530. I ordered the mattress and scheduled the delivery for two days from the order date, on a Thursday. The delivery company called to confirm the delivery window, then showed up at my apartment on Thursday, only to discover that they hadn't loaded my mattress onto the truck. They said I should call my sales rep, but that they wouldn't be back in the area until the following Thursday. I called my sales rep and left a message - he never returned my call. I called customer service and was told that the delivery company would call me to set up a new date - they never called.

I called customer service again and said that I'd be happy to select a different mattress in the same price range, if there was one that would be available for fast delivery (at this point my old mattress had already been picked up and I was sleeping on the couch). The customer service rep checked the availability of the mattress I originally ordered, the Santa Ana Plush, and determined that it could be delivered to my house by Sunday. I said that sounded great, but that I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged for shipping, since I'd had to wait the extra days due to the warehouse/delivery error. The customer service rep said I wouldn't. When I received the invoice, however, I noticed that the Santa Ana mattress was now listed as costing $679.99, with a discount of $176.67, for a total of $530).

I called customer service again to find out why the same mattress was suddenly a hundred dollars more, even with the "discount." They said they'd send me a new invoice and my sales rep would call me to explain (spoiler alert: he never called me). I assumed they would send an invoice with the correct mattress price of $431.99 + tax, and not charge me for the shipping (because of the error with the first delivery, and also because 1800mattress offered free shipping over $399). But when I received the new invoice, I found that in fact they had adjusted the price of the mattress to the original cost of $431.99, but tacked on a shipping charge so that the total was the same ($530). I am NOT STUPID, and this really pissed me off. Bizarrely, the SALES TAX had also been arbitrarily adjusted (surely this is illegal) - $22.90 on $507.90 on one invoice, and $30.00 on $500 on the other, just so that the total would add up to $530.

The same company address was listed on each of these invoices, so I don't see how the different rates of sales tax could be accounted for. Furthermore, it seems that 1800Mattress, Mattress Firm, Mattress Discounters, and Sleepy's are all the same company, but they make it impossible to compare rates/models across the different websites (what's obviously the same model has different names from website to website). I ordered from 1800Mattress but received invoices from Mattress Firm, with "Sleepy's" in the email subject line, but when I called the number for Mattress Firm, they didn't have access to my files and had to transfer me. All very confusing and very shady.

The mattress has now been delivered (the second delivery attempt went off without a hitch, and the delivery men were fast and professional), but if mattress quality turns out to be anything like customer service, I don't have high expectations. This is NOT an experience I would repeat again. Side note: I ordered this mattress after giving the Casper mattress a try. I wound up returning the Casper because the memory foam (I hadn't tried this before) just sleeps too hot for me, but I had a GREAT experience with them as far as customer service, both on the ordering end and the return end, and actually left a five star review on their website in spite of the fact that the mattress didn't work out. Customer service is EVERYTHING for this kind of purchase, and I'm really disappointed that my experience with 1800Mattress was so awful.

Juliana,

We want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your recent shopping experience. We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless. We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers. A specialist will review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Ordered on Wednesday, couldn't get Thursday delivery, but promised Friday between 11 and 3. No show until 4:30 and then postponed as they "couldn't make it" today. The customer service rep was, surprisingly, "very sorry" and offered to have us sit like idiots for another 4 hours tomorrow. I don't think so.

Dear Tom,

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to us at social@mattress.com and include your Invoice Number or Customer Code, your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I ordered a mattress by phone where the sales person offered 2 free pillows and next day delivery. After taking off from work the delivery supposedly was scheduled for the following day. The sales person offered to take money off to compensate. Turns out I was sent only 1 pillow and charged for it and still have not received money back. I have been given the runaround and phone calls have not been returned, and speaking to someone today told me there is nothing even in my file! I am very disappointed!

Dear Shira,

Our records indicate that you have been being assisted by one of Customer Relations Specialist. If you have any additional concerns please reach out to them directly.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Will be my last purchase. Made almost 3 thousand dollars purchase, and discover that one item was missing. Decide to complain about but for my surprise, was informed that I should contact FedEx. As a Customer, this is not the right way to treat an issue. I'm not supposed to contact the delivery company to complain for a service that was a store's responsibility. Did not asked for FedEx service and for my surprise, saying that was delivered does not prove anything since it hasn't a delivery note signed off. Instead of the online store try to help and solve my problem, was easy to make me going to FedEx and complain with them and in the end I didn't receive the item and have this money loss. Sorry, decided to go for Amazon. At least if something is not delivered they try to solve it instead of making the customer to do it.

Oliver,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like to address your concerns. We were able to locate your invoice and will assign to a Consumer Relations Representative to follow up with you.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I bought a Simmons Beauty-rest queen set last June. The mattress started sagging within 3 months. Tried to find my order number and invoice online to initiate warranty claim on the manufacturer side. However I cannot find my order in my online account anymore! The order information was completely gone like it never happened! Then I took a look of the sales receipt/evidence. Obviously I did not receive any sales receipt. Only a payment reference number! Obviously from Sleepys! To be honest, I don't know the relationship between 1800Mattress with Sleepys. There is no indication of affiliation on the website. But obviously I was given Sleepys numbers to call. Till today, I still cannot reach someone at 1800mattress to get my official order receipt. Every time they give me a number which is a "nonworking Sleepy's number" according to the telephone voice prompt. I think I got scammed!

Good Morning Fei,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

1800Mattress.com Company Information