Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1800Mattress.com

Sleepy's would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for updating your post and your wonderful comments. Our customer's are the core of our business and who we are; the satisfaction of our customers is what we strive for everyday. We value your input as a loyal customer and we look forward to servicing your needs for many, many years. Thank you again and sleep well.

Original review: June 29, 2013

After being contacted by Sharnette of Customer Service, she arranged for a replacement for the mattress that I was unhappy with. I ordered a Sealy ultra-firm model that I found out several days later had been discontinued. Sharnette then told me about the new line that Sealy now had & gave me several model names & numbers that she thought would be what I was looking for. I was able to see the one that I was interested in at a Sleepy's showroom & found it to be very comfortable. I called Sharnette back & placed the order. Sharnette was always very pleasant to deal with, & is the type of person that every customer service representative should be. She took an unhappy customer with an unpleasant situation & turned it into a pleasant experience.

Juliana,

We want to thank you for sharing your concerns with us regarding your recent shopping experience. We are truly sorry that the service you experienced was less than seamless. We do appreciate your feedback and will utilize it to determine how we might improve our organization and better serve our valued customers. A specialist will review your account and contact you for further assistance.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

Terrible experience, and I feel like I was overcharged and given the runaround. Here's the full saga: I originally ordered a Sealy Posturepedic Santa Ana Plush mattress from Sleepy's ($431.99, with no discount, for the mattress, and $79.99 for shipping, for a total, with tax, of $534.88), but canceled the order upon discovering that delivery could take up to three weeks. After shopping around for a little while, I saw that 1800Mattress was offering free next-day delivery on all orders over $399. The salesman I connected with told me that the model I had selected wasn't available for fast delivery in my area, but recommended something similar (the Sealy Posturepedic Chaleigh).

The new model was more expensive than what I had picked out, but the salesman was able to offer a discount, so that with the shipping it came out to $530. I ordered the mattress and scheduled the delivery for two days from the order date, on a Thursday. The delivery company called to confirm the delivery window, then showed up at my apartment on Thursday, only to discover that they hadn't loaded my mattress onto the truck. They said I should call my sales rep, but that they wouldn't be back in the area until the following Thursday. I called my sales rep and left a message - he never returned my call. I called customer service and was told that the delivery company would call me to set up a new date - they never called.

I called customer service again and said that I'd be happy to select a different mattress in the same price range, if there was one that would be available for fast delivery (at this point my old mattress had already been picked up and I was sleeping on the couch). The customer service rep checked the availability of the mattress I originally ordered, the Santa Ana Plush, and determined that it could be delivered to my house by Sunday. I said that sounded great, but that I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be charged for shipping, since I'd had to wait the extra days due to the warehouse/delivery error. The customer service rep said I wouldn't. When I received the invoice, however, I noticed that the Santa Ana mattress was now listed as costing $679.99, with a discount of $176.67, for a total of $530).

I called customer service again to find out why the same mattress was suddenly a hundred dollars more, even with the "discount." They said they'd send me a new invoice and my sales rep would call me to explain (spoiler alert: he never called me). I assumed they would send an invoice with the correct mattress price of $431.99 + tax, and not charge me for the shipping (because of the error with the first delivery, and also because 1800mattress offered free shipping over $399). But when I received the new invoice, I found that in fact they had adjusted the price of the mattress to the original cost of $431.99, but tacked on a shipping charge so that the total was the same ($530). I am NOT STUPID, and this really pissed me off. Bizarrely, the SALES TAX had also been arbitrarily adjusted (surely this is illegal) - $22.90 on $507.90 on one invoice, and $30.00 on $500 on the other, just so that the total would add up to $530.

The same company address was listed on each of these invoices, so I don't see how the different rates of sales tax could be accounted for. Furthermore, it seems that 1800Mattress, Mattress Firm, Mattress Discounters, and Sleepy's are all the same company, but they make it impossible to compare rates/models across the different websites (what's obviously the same model has different names from website to website). I ordered from 1800Mattress but received invoices from Mattress Firm, with "Sleepy's" in the email subject line, but when I called the number for Mattress Firm, they didn't have access to my files and had to transfer me. All very confusing and very shady.

The mattress has now been delivered (the second delivery attempt went off without a hitch, and the delivery men were fast and professional), but if mattress quality turns out to be anything like customer service, I don't have high expectations. This is NOT an experience I would repeat again. Side note: I ordered this mattress after giving the Casper mattress a try. I wound up returning the Casper because the memory foam (I hadn't tried this before) just sleeps too hot for me, but I had a GREAT experience with them as far as customer service, both on the ordering end and the return end, and actually left a five star review on their website in spite of the fact that the mattress didn't work out. Customer service is EVERYTHING for this kind of purchase, and I'm really disappointed that my experience with 1800Mattress was so awful.

Dear Tom,

Sleepy's number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please reach out to us at social@mattress.com and include your Invoice Number or Customer Code, your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached. We look forward to working with you and resolving your complaint. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Ordered on Wednesday, couldn't get Thursday delivery, but promised Friday between 11 and 3. No show until 4:30 and then postponed as they "couldn't make it" today. The customer service rep was, surprisingly, "very sorry" and offered to have us sit like idiots for another 4 hours tomorrow. I don't think so.

Dear Shira,

Our records indicate that you have been being assisted by one of Customer Relations Specialist. If you have any additional concerns please reach out to them directly.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I ordered a mattress by phone where the sales person offered 2 free pillows and next day delivery. After taking off from work the delivery supposedly was scheduled for the following day. The sales person offered to take money off to compensate. Turns out I was sent only 1 pillow and charged for it and still have not received money back. I have been given the runaround and phone calls have not been returned, and speaking to someone today told me there is nothing even in my file! I am very disappointed!

Oliver,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would like to address your concerns. We were able to locate your invoice and will assign to a Consumer Relations Representative to follow up with you.

Original review: July 12, 2016

Will be my last purchase. Made almost 3 thousand dollars purchase, and discover that one item was missing. Decide to complain about but for my surprise, was informed that I should contact FedEx. As a Customer, this is not the right way to treat an issue. I'm not supposed to contact the delivery company to complain for a service that was a store's responsibility. Did not asked for FedEx service and for my surprise, saying that was delivered does not prove anything since it hasn't a delivery note signed off. Instead of the online store try to help and solve my problem, was easy to make me going to FedEx and complain with them and in the end I didn't receive the item and have this money loss. Sorry, decided to go for Amazon. At least if something is not delivered they try to solve it instead of making the customer to do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 1800Mattress.com?

Good Morning Fei,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. Your account will be assigned to a specialist who will reach out to further address your concerns.

Original review: May 5, 2016

I bought a Simmons Beauty-rest queen set last June. The mattress started sagging within 3 months. Tried to find my order number and invoice online to initiate warranty claim on the manufacturer side. However I cannot find my order in my online account anymore! The order information was completely gone like it never happened! Then I took a look of the sales receipt/evidence. Obviously I did not receive any sales receipt. Only a payment reference number! Obviously from Sleepys! To be honest, I don't know the relationship between 1800Mattress with Sleepys. There is no indication of affiliation on the website. But obviously I was given Sleepys numbers to call. Till today, I still cannot reach someone at 1800mattress to get my official order receipt. Every time they give me a number which is a "nonworking Sleepy's number" according to the telephone voice prompt. I think I got scammed!

1800Mattress.com

Hi Linda - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. We have located your account and a specialist will review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. The case number for your claim is 01430074. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

Worst mattress ever. Spent over $2300 purchasing two different mattresses and box springs April 2012. The bed is lumpy and very uncomfortable. The first question they asked me when I called to see what they would do was "Are there any stains on the mattress?” I didn't know at the time. They sent someone out to take pictures and the report back was because it had a slight yellow stain my warranty was void. So no satisfaction whatsoever. Don't know what a slight stain has to do with anything unless they planned on re-selling my mattress. Will never deal with this company again.

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

I placed my order 7/15/15, was contacted 7/16/15 to confirm but missed the call and returned the call 7/17/15 when a representative went over my order, explained that delivery would require use of a third party carrier for my area, that this 3rd party would contact me in about 10 days to schedule delivery and my delivery estimate was 8/3/15. As of 8/5/15 I had not received even initial contact from 3rd party so I called 1800mattress and Anthony checked the status of my order. He informed me the carrier had it, that they would take 24-48 hours to check for damages and then contact me to schedule delivery. 8/7/15 and I still have heard nothing, I called 1800mattress again and Alexis told me delivery was scheduled for 8/14/15 then connected me to national shipping to check with the carrier on the status of my order. That representative attempted to contact the carrier but wasn't able to so he sent them an email and asked that I call back tomorrow.

Delivery was supposed to take 2-3 weeks and this is week 3 and the 3rd party has yet to even contact me. Estimated delivery of 8/14 now bumps that period to 4 weeks, 4 weeks I've been without a mattress. I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed because it seems like no one can tell me where my mattress is and I'm stuck continually calling 1800mattress because I haven't been provided this third party's contact information. While I understand and appreciate the representatives can only do so much once a third party is involved the lack of communication is unacceptable. I would not have ordered through 1800 had I known that it would go this way.

1800Mattress.com

Hi Lilliana - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied customer. We have located your account and a specialist will review the information provided and will contact you to work towards a resolution. The case number for your claim is 01390665. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I called 1800Mattress on June 26th to order a mattress for my daughter. The bed that I wanted wasn't available for delivery until July 10th, so I decided to wait the additional days so we could receive the bed we really wanted. The bed was delivered on July 10th. However, I wasn't home when it was delivered and when I arrived, I was surprised to see that the bed that arrived wasn't actually the bed we ordered. In the spirit of the situation, I had my daughter try it out for a few days to see if she could get use to it. After the 3rd night of her waking up in the middle of the night and coming to my bed, I decided that it was time to call the company for a refund.

Day 4 - I called 1800Mattress and spoke to the sales rep (George **) who told me that they didn't do refunds. After 20 minutes of arguing with him that this point had not been mentioned during our sales call he offered to have his manager (Ariel **) review the recording of the sales conversation and then get back to me within 24 hours. Day 5 - no return call. At the end of the day I called the sales rep back who basically said he received a confirmation from his boss that the recording was fine. I asked him to replay it to me and he said he couldn't. I then asked to speak to his supervisor. He said, "I don't know what he can do for you, but Ill transfer you". I then proceeded to leave a message for his supervisor. Day 6 - no return call from either the sales rep or his manager. Before the end of the day, I called again and left a second message for his manager.

Additionally, the customer service group sent an email to his manager (Ariel **) as a follow up for me. Day 7 - no returns call. As it was the weekend the customer service group wasn't open so no one was available in this division. I then proceeded to call the sales division again to see if I could find someone else that could assist us. I finally found one woman (Eliza) who said she couldn't do a refund but could try to complete an exchange for us, but we would need to pay an additional $150 as an exchange fee, which was also news for us. I told her this was unacceptable, as again this is information that was never previously explained to me by anyone at 1800Mattress.

I then asked if I could please speak to a manager on staff. She sent an email to two managers (Ryan and John) who were suppose to call me within 24 hours to provide me with direction and a copy of the recording. Day 8 - big surprise, no return call. It's amazing how difficult this company makes it to get any service. How it is that no managers are ever available to speak live with you? Honestly, I feel that this company does this on purpose. They're not only trying to take advantage of their buyers but also make a point of not returning calls in order to wear out their buyers to give up. They should really name themselves 1800shadybusinesspractices. I give this company a Zero rating because they're not a company with any professional moral standards. Buyers please stay away from 1800Mattress as you'll waste a lot of time, get terrible service, and walk away wishing you had purchased a used bed from a flea market.

July 16th Called sales rep (George) to return bed No return call. July 17th Called sales rep (George) No return call. July 17th - Called manager (Ariel) No return call. July 18th Called and LM for manager (Ariel) - No return call. July 18th - Sales division sent an email to the manager (Ariel) No return call. July 19th New sales rep sent email to two managers (Ryan and John) - No return call. July 27th at the time of this review, still waiting for the return call from anyone of the people that promised to get back to me.

Dear Sara,

We apologize if you have experienced any delivery complications with your recent purchase. We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations daily and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Utilizing the information provided, we were able to locate your invoice. A specialist will contact you to offer assistance.

Original review: July 20, 2015

On July 7th I ordered a Sealy Plush Mattress and Low Profile Box Spring from 1800 Mattress thinking that the good price and free delivery would make a valuable combination. The mattress was labeled as in stock and available which was particularly important because I was moving to a new apartment and did not have anything to sleep on.

I ordered the Mattress with the understanding that it would ship promptly and that I could schedule my delivery day after I finished the purchase information. Instead I was given no opportunity to schedule a delivery and was told that the delivery may vary due to my area. I called the customer service number and asked about delivery and then, for the first time, was told that the mattress would actually not even be in the warehouse until July 27th. This was quite frustrating since I moved on the 10th and wasn't told about the significant delay until days after I'd paid for the product. So, I borrowed an air mattress from a relative and decided to tough it out and wait.

On the 15th I saw that I'd missed a call from the company and returned it, hoping it was them scheduling my delivery. Instead the person I spoke to said that now the mattress wouldn't be available until August 3rd. I pointed out that I had already waited two weeks and that I had been told my mattress would arrive in July, but all the customer service rep could tell me was that they were working through a third party provider and didn't have actually have the availability data at all. Once we determined that this rep couldn't help me nor could she give me the contact information of anyone else that may know more, the conversation ended.

Then finally today (July 20th) I got a call confirming my delivery. The excitement only lasted a few seconds though as the representative explained they didn't have any trucks in my area (I live in Minneapolis; not exactly a rural or inaccessible place) and would have to schedule through another third party delivery team. This team would take 10-16 business days and they estimated delivery on August 6th. That's an entire month after I placed this order. When I pointed this out, I was told the only other option was an expedited shipping (that I would have to pay for) through UPS which would only include dropping the mattress in front of my building and that's it.

I can't be spending any more money than I already have, so now I'm in a holding pattern again, waiting for the next update (which will probably tell me the mattress is delayed again). I was optimistic about this process and thought the free delivery for purchases over $300 was a good gesture. Clearly the reason delivery can be free is because no one would pay to wait a month for their mattress and have to sleep on a leaking air mattress the whole time.

The other issue I've noticed is that almost as soon as I ordered my mattress, the website's price dropped by nearly $70. How can they be lowering the price on a mattress when they won't even deliver the ones already paid for. I know some companies offer refunds for the difference if a product goes on sale within a certain amount of time of you paying the higher price. I only wish 1800 Mattress cared enough about its customers' happiness to do something like that.

1800Mattress.com

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with the warranty claim process. We will have your account assigned to a specialist who will reach out to you for further assistance.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I purchased a mattress from 1800 mattress because I thought it would save money and never heard bad things. I paid 500+ for a queen size pillow top mattress and a standard box spring. The brand was Sealy. After rude delivery men tossed it in my 1 bedroom apartment they quickly left (in a Sleepy's truck). After 2 weeks the mattress began to sink in and get worse night by night. I had the correct frame that I purchased 3 days before the mattress got here. So I turned the bed around same side up because it's a pillow top. Finally called 1800Mattress. They quickly sent me to a Sleepy's call center who said they would send out a warranty kit with a ruler and a camera or something. NEVER showed up. After now 3 attempts I've given up. I got taken for my money and I will never purchase from them again. Buyer beware.

1800Mattress.com

Good Afternoon, We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. A specialist will be assigned to your case and call you for further assistance.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I ordered a bed for my daughter who has moved to LA. She bought a mattress that was listed as "in stock" with two-day delivery. The system allowed her to schedule a delivery for June 5th. The day came and went with no phone call and no mattress. She called on June 5th and they said the mattress wouldn't be available for delivery until June 12th. She scheduled a delivery for June 12th and again, the same issue. This time the warehouse claimed it was an outside vendor and beyond their control. They were hoping the mattress would be available "sometime next week." I called to cancel the order because TWICE now it was not delivered when promised. I spoke to ** who eventually transferred me to a supervisor, **.

** told me he needed permission from a HIGHER supervisor to cancel. He said that if I DID cancel I would have to pay a restocking fee for merchandise I had never received and for which 1800Mattress.com breached their scheduled delivery date twice! He said the supervisors were busy in meetings but he would email them. At my request, I was copied on the email. The email was sent to **, who then passed the job off to **, who never called me. I then called back and spoke to **, who said all cancellations go through a separate "cancellation department." She promised me they would call to confirm the cancellation within 24 hours. Guess what? Still no call three days later! I have never seen such poor customer service. It seems like they just keep passing the buck until you finally get so frustrated you accept the merchandise. I plan on refusing delivery and disputing the charge with my bank. I do not recommend this company to anyone!!

1800Mattress.com

ood afternoon, we apologize for the delay in your refund. We will have a specialist assigned to your account and contact you.

Original review: June 14, 2015

First of all let me say I have used 1800Mattress several times and things went very smooth... I ordered a mattress on May 23, 2015. The mattress was suppose to be delivered on May 26th. They set up a delivery day and time which was for the 29th. The mattress wasn't delivered because the 3rd party delivery service didn't even have the mattress. Gets worse. Requested a full refund which they said no problem. I was suppose to get refund by June 5th. Called on June 11th - they said should have refund on 13th. Just spoke with them again and was told refund was just approved and will take 5-7 more days. My purchase was over $1000.00 - NOT ACCEPTABLE! I will never use this company again and have stopped referring my friends that have college students!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: June 24, 2015

Heard from a representative from the company and he worked to make the situation right.

1800Mattress.com

Good Afternoon, we regret any inconvenience you may have encountered.We will have a specialist review your account and contact you to work towards resolution.

Original review: June 12, 2015

I ordered a mattress and bed frame from 1 800 Mattress on 04/29/2015. I ordered over the phone and arranged financing. I was told the financing paperwork would be emailed to me and I would have to fax it back. My promised delivery date was 05/16/2015. I received the financing paperwork, filled it out and faxed it to the provided number on 04/30/2015.

Well, 05/16/2015 came and went and I had no communication from the company regarding delivery of my bed. I emailed ** (my initial contact when I placed the order) and she emailed me back that Finance had never received my faxed paperwork! I emailed back that it had been sent in 04/30 and why had no one contacted me that it hadn't been received?? She emailed me back that they HAD received it, it was an oversight on the Finance departments' end and she apologized. She also gave me the bad news that due to this oversight my new delivery date was 06/09/2015!!!!!!!!! She said she had talked to her supervisor to see if anything could be done to expedite my order to arrive sooner and was told no. She apologized and promised to contact me if they could get it to me sooner.

Yesterday was 06/10/2015, one day past my promised delivery date and yet again I heard nothing from the company. I called customer service to find out when my mattress would be arriving and was told it was OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!! I asked why no one had contacted me and WHEN I could expect delivery and was told that it was not their responsibility, it was the third party companies responsibility. She said my NEW delivery date would MAYBE be 06/19/2015. I told her I had never received such poor service and asked to speak with a manager. She told me there were no manager around. I had her take my phone number and to have a manager call me.

Two hours later a manager did call. I explained the situation to her and let her know my displeasure. I asked if any discount could be applied to my order to compensate me for the inconvenience (I have now been without a bed for six weeks!) She said absolutely not. I asked to speak with her supervisor, but she said she was the head of corporate customer service (she did not seem very professional). I thought 1 800 Mattress would be my best option to get an affordable bed delivered in a short amount of time. Boy was I wrong!!!!!

1800Mattress.com

Good morning Ashley, thank you for sharing your concern. Please contact us at social@mattress.com and include your Invoice Number or Customer Code, your telephone number and the best time of day to be reached. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you.

Original review: June 3, 2015

I'm extremely disappointed with the customer service we received. ** delivered the wrong mattress and when we reached out, he told us it was an "upgrade". It didn't come with pillows and a mattress protector that it was supposed to, and this "upgrade" was extremely uncomfortable and ** never returned any of my numerous calls or emails to him. He stopped all communication and we have now missed our 100-day exchange policy. We hate this mattress and don't recommend working with ** or buying from this company!

1800Mattress.com

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you to further assist.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I ordered a Sealy mattress from 1800 Mattress in May 2014. In February I filed a warranty claim with 1800 Mattress due to a sagging issue on one side. Initially the claim was going to be processed and a credit was put on my account. After calling back to order a replacement against the credit I was told by a warranty specialist that they couldn't process my claim since I lived outside of their territory. That despite them delivering to me less than 10 months before, outside of Syracuse, NY. I was told to file a claim directly with Sealy. I contacted Sealy and worked with a very nice person in their customer service department, **. She was unsure why I was contacting Sealy when since the mattress was delivered to me, it was 1800 Mattress responsibility to handle the warranty. It took ** from Sealy 2 months to get 1800 Mattress to cover the warranty as it was their responsibility.

I did end up working with ** in the 1800 Mattress customer service department. She placed a credit on my account and I thought everything was OK. I called in a few days later once I found a suitable replacement (which I was still going to have to pay more for since the original mattress I had was unavailable) which I ordered. The additional total was about $96, of which $40 was their standard delivery fee. Not happy that I was paying more for a mattress and delivery on time, I understood and proceeded.

Several days later I received another call back from ** stating that since I was out of their area, the delivery fee was not $40, but was about $125 and they would need to collect the difference prior to delivering my warranty replacement. Checking through their website, there is no mention of any kind of delivery surcharges http://www.1800mattress.com/delivery.html. I am guessing I am Zone 3 which just talks about longer delivery times and fees for cancelled orders that have shipped.

I placed a new order and to my address to see if the delivery price had changed but the order reflected their standard $40 delivery change. (There was a promotion for free shipping that was also applied but I am not looking for free shipping at this point.) I am truly frustrated and can't understand how a defect in a mattress that I owned for far less than one year is going to cost me $150 - $200. I have already agreed to paying more for a different mattress since the one I ordered was no longer available. I also agreed to paying their standard $40 shipping fee, both of which I wouldn't have had to pay for if the mattress didn't have the issue. I just don't feel that I should also be paying some sort of excess delivery fee because I am out of their territory though they are happy to deliver a new order to me with free shipping now.

1800Mattress.com

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you to assist further.

Original review: May 4, 2015

First of all, I would say this company will rip you off. Buyers beware, never ever buy mattress online and especially from 1800mattress.com or companies similar to them. If you have to buy online, then buy from trusted store and ask salesperson return and exchange policy very very clearly. 1800mattress.com return or exchange policy is a **, i.e. scam. They don't return or exchange even if they deliver poor quality product. And if for any reason they agreed to exchange, then the price adjusted will be more than if you buy the same item again from their website.

On April 2, 2015, I purchased online and paid for a mattress and box spring for myself at 1800mattress.com. My credit card statement showed charges were made from Sleepy's Hicksville, NY and number given 1-800-mattress. So I believe Sleepy's and 1800 mattress are same store. They were delivered on April 15, 2015. The mattress I bought was Sealy PosturePedic cushion firm queen with a standard box spring. There was some sale ongoing on their website so I paid approx $400 after tax. And they also delivered it free as item price was above $300. I was really very happy thinking I got very good deal.

When I got the mattress, I found it too soft for me and causing back pain. It depresses too much on hip and stomach area. I'm not sure it's a bad mattress that got delivered or I need something more firm. So after using it two nights, I called customer service and reached their exchange and return department. They were not able to help me at that time and said they will give a call back. 3 days passed and nobody called. I again called and asked to return this item. I got the answer they don't return but exchange can be done. To exchange, I have to pay the difference. I wanted to buy firm mattress and hence ordered Sealy PosturePedic firm queen mattress. I had bought Sealy PosturePedic cushion firm queen mattress for $299 and Sealy PosturePedic firm queen mattress was for $399. So representative asked me pay the $100 difference with tax. It came out $108 which I agreed and then a charge was made on my credit card.

To my surprise, few hours later I got a call from Sleepy's (1800mattress.com) and they said they cannot honor this request and hence returning my exchange money. I asked why and they said there is a exchange fee associated with this and the final price would be $538. The price of the Sealy PosturePedic firm queen mattress was at that time on their website was for $399 and after tax it would be $438 and that too will be delivered free. Also there was 10% off coupon available. So I would have paid $400 without any exchange.

I explained this to the representative and she said she will talk to her supervisor and will get back to me. Again I waited three days but no answer. I called again and a different representative, explained everything and she said she will talk to her supervisor. Same thing and no answer. I again called after three days and then came to know that no exchange and return for me is allowed. I will have to pay $538 for the exchange.

This mattress is useless to me, wasting space in my bedroom. Still I've to buy a new one. Now I don't want anything from them, just my money back. My advice to people intending to purchase a mattress or box spring from 1800Mattress is don't buy from them. You will only regret after buying or better to say you paid money to stress yourself. Pay extra money, buy from local trusted stores. Paying extra money will give you peace of mind. Don't get fooled by these scams.

Dear Isabel,

We apologize if you have experienced any complications with your recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will contact you to address your concerns.

Original review: March 16, 2015

If I could have rated 0, I would have. I bought a full size platform bed for my daughter with a Sealy Mattress in December 22 or so. This was for my daughter - an additional Christmas gift. The salesperson guaranteed me that the items would arrive between 3 weeks or so because they needed to be ordered. In mid late January, I called to see when the order would be delivered. The operator told me that it would be mid April when the bed would be delivered. I explained items were on my credit card and asked why no one called me to let me know my purchases would arrive over 4 months after purchase.

I cancelled the order and was assured a refund. Began calling every week to see when my refund would be returned to my card. After over a month they returned only $200 to my card after begging. Called again every week and asked why the remainder has not been credited. Someone forgot. This was mid February - began calling every week again. The first person said an email needed to be sent to management for approval. This interchange continues for over four weeks now - every customer service rep said an email needs to be sent all the while they hold my $386. Every single call ends with refund should be there 3-5 days. My latest call ended the same way. I am furious! Buyers Beware!

1800Mattress.com

Original review: March 14, 2015

I purchased a mattress online, probably an unwise decision in and of itself...however I placed trust in the Simmons Beautyrest name and likely quality. The product that arrived on time might be remake of much lesser quality and materials. Something like copying a designer handbag made to look exactly like the handbag, the graphics are copied and printed and the design of the mattress is matched to look exactly like a Simmons. The Simmons logo is found only on the printed brochure very, very, very tiny. The name Beautyrest Recharge is most likely copied to look like the logo, but the name Simmons does not appear anywhere on the mattress itself.

The mattress has a softish quality to it, I would not call this a firm mattress, I am lucky if it will hold up one year. I purchased a large piece of plywood to put between the mattress and the box spring. I should not have had to do this. My sleep is OK, not great, not bad. I do not like the feeling the mattress is not truly a firm mattress, it is most certainly not.

I am not asking for a return, because I don't trust the company. I don't have time to go back and forth and I do not wish to spend one extra dollar with hopes of getting a better mattress. This mattress was on sale, but actually the final price in my opinion feels like full retail for the quality I am experiencing. The man who sold me the mattress online, did not contact me to see if I was satisfied, nor did he answer my email after I received the mattress. The truck driver who delivered the mattress behaved like a bat out of hell. I was happy to do the unwrapping myself, he did offer. He was most likely extremely busy and stressed out about his deliveries.

I would not recommend anyone use this company to purchase a mattress. I will not buy from them again. I do not have the time to hassle about returns. I do not trust that this an official Beautyrest mattress, I believe it is a cheap copy. It will not last. If 1 800 mattress would like to contact me about this purchase, I am happy to speak with them. I do not appreciate the inconvenience this deception has created in my life, I have too many responsibilities and other stresses that I have to eat this expense and hopefully ditch this imposter as soon as I am able to afford the real thing.

Dear Jennifier,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We regret any inconvenience you may have encountered. We can assure you that our customers are very important to us and we are anxious to assist. Please email us at social@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. We will have a specialist review your account and contact you to work towards resolution.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2015

There should be no star based on my experience with this company. I ordered a mattress back in December as part of my move to a new town. I was informed that I will be contacted by a carrier in a couple of weeks for delivery of the mattress. By January 8th, I called the company again to inquire because I have not been contacted anyone on the status of my order, let alone to schedule a delivery date. They informed me that due to the holidays orders are delayed, but that it will be shipped to me as soon as possible.

I have been calling almost everyday since then, only to be given the same information "This is a national delivery.. We have sent a request to the vendor for update, we can call to provide you information the 'next business day'. There is nothing else we can do for you at this time." Days has turned into weeks and I am still receiving the same information today. Each customer service representative I have been in touch with was informed of my situation (aside from the fact that I am still without a mattress, the fact that there has been no real update since Day 1 and still no guarantee expected delivery date) I have asked for supervisors and still being given the same information.

There were several occasions where I was given new "updates" - "The vendor confirmed that they have sent out the item. The carrier just needs to respond." "The carrier has received the item, just waiting to finish paperwork and will contact you within 24-48 hours for delivery" only to realize that these are only misinformed information. Because each time after such "updates" there would be no status (again, no one called me back as instructed, I always have to call) when I call to check the following day.

After a few days of repeating the same process, someone would find a new status "Carrier says they have not received item, they are expecting it to arrive this Friday". Really? So we are back to Zero. I've heard them say "Sorry, the previous message was misinformed, but they expect to receive the item 'this' week" for weeks. 'This' week is what I am hearing every single week. How can you verify that carrier has received an item and will call in 24 hours, and 3 weeks later, be given the update that they in fact are expecting the item "next week".

I have been sleeping without a mattress since December. And the representatives give you a "Well - nothing else we can do, you just have to wait. No one here can do anything more for you" attitude - which is understandable if this was the first week of January after my order in December; but the fact that we are now past mid February makes this attitude absurd.

When I call in and explain the situation, not only has the problem not been addressed (yes, they've "flagged" the account, but that was in January, clearly whether an account has been flagged or not makes no difference - at least not enough for them to call you back when they said they would), and NOT being compensated for the failure of their operation and my lack of mattress to sleep on these past two months, I was told that if I were to cancel the order due to the mattress not arriving (with an expected delivery date still "To be determined" with no guarantee), I would be charged a $150 restocking fee. This transaction with 1800mattress has been an eye-opening experience.

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for advising us of the situation you were having with your return. One of our Customer Relations specialist has spoken with you and we processed a return of the mattress. If there is anything else that we may assist you with, please send and email to Csable@mattress.com and we will assign a Customer Relations specialist to assist you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

Purchased a Mattress on Jan 2, called a couple days later as the mattress was too soft and made both my wife and I sweat and hurt both our backs. I was told due to the mattress being a iSeries Serta I'd have to sleep on it for 30 days before I could return it. We tried it but it was destroying our backs. We slept in other room. 31 Days after I purchased I began calling 1800 Mattress to return it, knowing I would have to absorb a $175 fee. I've spoken to 2 women who both told me it was up to the Dist Manager and he would call back by the end of the day. That was almost a week ago, no call.

I called a second time and was told the same thing. I've still not received a call. I had used 1800 Mattress for my last mattress but will never use them again and will spread the word that they are a rip off. If a company doesn't honor the return policy on the back of their receipt they should not be in business. I have begun proceedings with the AG's office and have called American Express to dispute the charge.

1800Mattress.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations daily and would love the opportunity to address your concerns. Please email us at csable@mattress.com and provide your Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I purchased a mattress online and received no email confirmation. I checked my history on their site and found that the price I thought was paying was not what the total actually was. I called 1-800-mattress and they promised to rectify the price. I again received no email confirmation. I called again and he assured me that it was rectified. I checked my bank account the next day and found the money was transferred to 1-800-mattress. The mattress was delivered. It is much thinner than I expected and it is terrible. Never buy a mattress online. The company's people lie and do not follow through. I never received a receipt.

Dear Sharon,

We apologize that your employer has experienced complications with his recent purchase. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We would like to investigate your claim further however we are unable to locate his order. Please email us at csable@mattress.com and provide the Invoice Number or Customer Code along with your telephone number and the best time to reach you or Dustin.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

I am writing on behalf of my boss, Dustin **. He ordered a bed (mattress and box spring) back in July. The first one delivered was the wrong size - we ordered a queen and were given a full. I called and they then delivered a queen size mattress but left the full size box spring. I called again and they came back with a queen size mattress and box spring but not the one we ordered. After many phone calls, they finally delivered the right mattress and box spring.

However, Dustin travels a lot and didn't really sleep on the bed much until the holidays when his travel schedule slowed down. He started experiencing back problems and was seeing a chiropractor who asked if anything had changed. It was only then that Dustin realized it could be the bed and upon further inspection, he realized that the bed he ordered was not the one he had. The current bed is a pillow top which seems to be the culprit for his back issues as he wanted a firm mattress.

I called yesterday and explained that the entire experience with 1-800-Mattress has been a negative one from the beginning. While certainly Dustin should have taken a closer look at the bed, the bottom line is that 1-800-Mattress again delivered the wrong bed. They are not willing to do anything about this except to give him a discount (while not committing to how much of a discount) on a new bed. We are very disappointed that they have chosen not to rectify this situation.

I ordered a Sealy Posturepedic Classic Series Plush Mattress on 9/21/2014 for my sons (110 pounds and 70 pounds) and I got it on 9/24/2014. But after 3 months, a mattress started sagging. We're so disappoint. What can I do?????

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2014

Very happy with my purchase now. After talking to customer service, they were able to honor my price match request. Overall, I would buy there again.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I ordered a mattress on their website on 11/02. The mattress already got delivered on 11/04, that was a very good experience. On 11/06 however, I noticed that the price on their website for the exact same mattress I ordered has dropped by $100. Not a problem I thought, since the company has a price match policy listed on their website, where they say they will honor a lower price within 30 days and refund the difference. Lo and behold, I contacted customer support and at first they denied that the lower price exists (they insisted the coupon I used is expired, even though it still works on their website). Next, they told me they see the lower price now, but they won't match the lower price, since I used a coupon. This argument doesn't really make sense, since the coupon is still valid for the lower price on 11/06. Anyways, really disappointed how the company is handling this. I have yet to see a company with a price match policy that won't honor a lower price on their own website with 4 days of the purchase.

I was sold a very uncomfortable mattress from 1800mattress. Everything went wrong. First I was told be the salesman Tom at ext. **, it would be a medium firm - I received a soft plush. He scheduled me for a Friday delivery, I called that morning and was NOT scheduled. I took off from work to be there. He then knocked a hundred bucks and delivered on Saturday. Tried sleeping on a soft bed for a few weeks then called to complain. I was told an inspection company would call to set up an appointment. About a week later I was called and the inspector could make an appointment in about 3-4 weeks. I called and spoke with Justin and he said he would mail an home inspection kit to me. A week later nothing in the mail. When I called today and spoke with a supervisor, I was told it was a comfort issue and no exchange would be made. This company has BS'ed one time too many. I am going to buy a real mattress from another company and put theirs out in the trash, where it belongs. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY! A MATTRESS SHOULD BE BOUGHT WHERE YOU CAN FEEL WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.

Dear Allison,

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

Ordered a queen ortho-pedic posture mattress from a sales rep over the phone from New York, it was $424, it arrived on the correct day. All seemed well no initial damages but only after our 21 day grace period has expired did we notice the stitching in the mattress is coming completely undone leaving large bumps in the top of our mattress. I am mad at myself for not asking before the purchase about a warranty because according to the receipt there is no warranty or anything else you can do after your 21 day "comfort exchange" is over.

Dear Helen,

We would like to turn your negative experience into a positive one. We will assign your case to a specialist who will diligently address your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2014

I ordered a mattress and foundation at 8:48 am. I never got a call so I called to set up delivery. Sharon could not find my order so she said she would call me back. She did and connected me to someone to set up delivery. That connection was lost so I called back. Lisa informed me that my order had been cancelled. It did not have my name or phone number on it, so she connected me to sales. I talked to someone who looked up my order and it had my name and number. He sent me back to Lisa to schedule delivery.

I looked up my account and it showed it was a re-order. Lisa told me it would be 14 to 16 days for delivery, they had to send the mattress and foundation to someone local for delivery. I Agreed even though I felt it was a long time. Lisa then said there would be no warranty or comfort guaranty as shown on their internet page. This was unacceptable to me so I said to cancel my order. Lisa said it would be 3 to 5 days to refund to my account. They had cancelled my order, and had to re-order, but had still taken the money from my account. I think they should have waited to take the money after delivery was scheduled, especially after cancelling my order. Shoddy business practices! I will not recommend them to anyone.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We have reviewed your account and have filed a warranty claim for you. We will have a specialist reach out to you in a few days to ensure the inspection process goes smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

I bought my son a Sealy Posturepedic Ginelle Firm queen size for $499 including box spring and frame, $69 on Feb 24,2013. Also bought a Simmons Beautyrest World Class Shawnee Luxury Firm, mattress only on this order for $1199. They were delivered on March 10,2013. My son's bed deteriorated, flattened, became low quality rapidly within the year. He asked me for a new bed! My son is 155lb, tall thin 6ft 1". He's not even heavy. I looked at the WARRANTY section on the order and it says there's NONE. There's a 21 day try out period and that's it. What a piece of junk this Sealy Posturepedic Ginelle Firm queen size is for $499! I thought Sealy sold better products, I couldn't believe this is what you get for $499. Beds usually last 7-10 years. Is there recourse? NO WARRANTY? The larger Simmons is NOT FIRM at all, it's super squishy, it kills my back, I've slept in the guest room a year now. Waste of $1900, including delivery & removal. Beds are sub-par, cheaply made.

Dear Garret,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you to further address your concerns. We have located your account and will assign it to a Consumer Relations Representative who will reach out to you within 24 -48 business hours. Thanks for your patience.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2014

I ordered 2 mattress and box spring sets from 1800mattress. These were for a vacation home I just purchased. Before ordering, I was told the company needed 2 weeks from the time I order to deliver to my location. I ordered the mattresses 3 weeks before my target delivery date. 1 week after ordering the mattresses, I get a call to ask how I wanted the mattresses delivered. I gave the target delivery date. I was told that 1800mattress could not deliver the ordered mattresses on the date because they could not get them by that date. This was due to the fact that 1800mattress had not yet ordered my mattresses. To get my target delivery date, I changed mattress brands.

After another week, I received another call telling me that the delivery company does not deliver on the arranged date. This was unacceptable so the mattress order was transferred to another company for delivery. The next week (1 week to delivery), I get another call from 1800mattress telling me that only 1 mattress was delivered to the delivery company. I was told that 1800mattress would send the other mattress via UPS. On the same call I ask about the box springs. To my surprise when the brand of mattress was changed, the box springs were not ordered. This issue became less important when I started making calls on my way and find out that the mattress being shipped via UPS has been lost somewhere between VA and SC.

After 3 nights sleeping on the floor and too many phone calls to count the delivery of the second mattress was scheduled for a few weeks later. The second mattress and both box springs were finally delivered 2 weeks after the originally scheduled delivery date. The mattresses were not the brand I originally wanted,. The box springs do not match the brand of mattress. I was told several times that this would NOT void the warranty on the mattresses. More than a month later, I have yet to receive a call to check on my satisfaction or if my mattresses were actually delivered. I have been thoroughly disappointed with my entire experience with 1800mattress.

1800Mattress.com Company Profile