Trident Society Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

For more than four decades, Trident Society provides cremation and funeral planning services to over 100,000 families each year. Trident offers affordable afterlife care whether you are in the stages of planning or in immediate need. Trident representatives are available 24-7 for guidance, pricing and more.

Trident Society Request Information

Trident Society Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We have been very pleased with the service provided by the Trident Society in behalf of my father-in-law Norman C. **. Especially I want to thank Steven Crawford for his patience on August 5th, as we had complications dressing dad in his religious ceremonial clothing. Steven was so patient with us, allowing us to solve the problem, which necessitated additional wait time for him. We are so grateful for his professional and kind attitude. Thank you Steven.

Trident Society response

Hello Jeanette, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father-in-law. On behalf of Stephen and his San Jose Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father-in-law!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had the agent from Trident Society come over. I didn't initially sign up the first time. As my wife was getting fairly close, I thought I might kick another visit, another look, and that’s why I signed up. I looked at other providers and I liked Trident's full service. We were planning on taking a trip out of the country and I also liked the fact that they had provisions for that. If anything happened to us anywhere in the world or if we went home to be with the lord and we were over in Europe, the body would get back here. So, that was a major thing.

Our agent was absolutely awesome. She was thorough and very attentive. Every time I called, she would answer the phone. If she was busy with something, she would write back to me. She did great. Even when she was changing offices, she let me know that she’d still be a part since she started with us. Anything that we needed, we’d just have to call her and she would be there. Having Trident's pre-planned services, I like the peace of mind that if it’s the time when my wife is off in a transition, all we need to do is make one phone call and it would just set everything out to motion.

Trident Society response

Llewellyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you chose us and that you were satisfied with our services.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received a notice in the mail about Trident Society and it seemed that they were what I was looking for. I set it up for myself because I was married to a veteran. My husband did not set one up but when he passed away, Trident was very helpful in getting him on board so that he could be taken care of by them. I had all my questions answered by the company and when I had a problem with the death certificate where my name was spelled incorrectly on it, they got it taken care of for me. But they have to verify information and doublecheck it. They have to make sure names are spelled correctly. We’re all human beings and we make mistakes, but those are things that if somebody had doublechecked would’ve been caught.

In order to take care of things, you have to have a death certificate and it should be correct in all parts. Other than that, I feel wonderful about having my Trident services. I know that my family won’t have any problems. I’m thankful Trident is there. They’re very compassionate, understanding and very willing to help in any way they can. That is very much appreciated.

Trident Society response

Hi Carla, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Trident Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Laguna Woods team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online and we apologize for any minor inconveniences that you encountered with the Death Certificate. We thank you for your understanding and thank you for your kind words.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had an aunt who was into dementia and I was her caretaker. About three years ago, I decided that the end was eventually coming, so I set up a cremation package for her. Trident Society only offered two packages when I made my inquiry. One was 3,000 while the other one was 2,000 and I bought the cheaper package. They sent me a wooden box and some credit cards with all their information on them so that I could call them when the time came. Three years went by then I called them up and they took care of everything just like they said they would.

I was so shocked at the time but they stepped up and did everything. All I had to do was make them one phone call and they did it all. I thought I had paid a lot for the cremation package at 2,000 bucks. But I didn't shop around and that was what they offered and I took it. I would tell others to check some prices if they were considering Trident's services. Still, I was very impressed with them. I went to their office to sign some papers after the death and it was all well-done. They were very sensitive about everything and they couldn’t have handled it much better.

Trident Society response

Richard, please accept our condolences on the passing of your aunt. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Roseville team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My mom signed up for a contract with Trident Society several years ago. I didn’t sign up at the time and then my friend signed up and I thought I should do that. So, I did through my mother. It was a $1,000 more than when she signed up for it. So, I should have done it when she did it, but you don’t think of those things at the time. The price keeps going up so, you might as well lock it in.

It was excellent interacting with the team at Trident. My mother passed in the hospital. I made the one call and then, we faxed the notification to the nurses' station, and they came and got the body. The only other time I had to contact them was to make sure they have picked up the ashes, and so I didn’t make a trip up there for nothing. Two phone calls and they took over everything. I liked that I didn’t have to think about the pre-planned services. You were taken care of, they were very sensitive to your issue and got back with you when they were supposed to, just like you would expect.

A lot of my family is in Hawaii and Trident said that I have the international plan. If I pass away there, they would help me out but they said that if I live there, the plan is only for the Continental US. It seems strange that I would still get taken care of if I visited. As long as you're in the US, you should be able to use that. So, I'm a little disappointed in that because if I do move, then I've got to gift that to somebody and then buy another one. I'm a little unhappy about that because that wasn’t told to me when I bought it. Still, Trident Society was great and I have no complaints with the company and how they operated the whole situation. It was very smooth and worked really well. So, I would recommend it.

Trident Society response

Barbara, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and your kind words about your experience with our Laguna Woods team of Trident Society. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. We also welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Randy was professional, caring and helpful. He did what he said he would do, was thoughtful and “went the extra mile”. I was very happy. The two persons who cane to our home to retrieve my father's remains were very respectful.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

From the beginning, our experience with using Trident Society was excellent. In working with Genesis Z. we found the attention to detail was on point. Her kind and compassionate demeanor was extremely comforting. Trident never tried to take advantage of the circumstances to push us purchase anything. We highly recommend this organization to take care of your cremation needs.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I cannot say enough good things about the Trident Society. They took care of absolutely everything relative to my husband's burial. Stephen always conducted himself in a professional, compassionate manner. I would recommend the Trident Society to anyone looking for a cremation service. The Trident Society is a 5 star organization.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Randy at the Trident Society did a very good job of helping me through with the cremation of my deceased husband. Thank you for doing a great job. At a time when a survivor is at their weakest, it's nice to know there are folks like those at the Trident Society who are there to help you through.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

The Trident rep was very cordial and professional during the entire process. He made the "experience" of choosing cremation a comfortable choice for both my wife and I. I would gladly recommend the Trident Society to anyone looking to choose cremation over typical burial procedures.

Trident Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

This cremation services company has offices across California and will drive to you if you live far from one of their regional offices. They offer preplanning services as well as services for immediate needs, if a friend or family member has recently passed away.

• Preplan from home: Trident Society’s website has everything you need to make arrangements if you prefer to preplan from the comfort of your home. You can sign up for an online account, which you can access at any time.

• Lunch and learn seminars: Learn more about cremations and preplanning by attending a free lunch and learn. You’ll get to enjoy a complimentary lunch as you learn about the process and get all of your questions answered. See upcoming dates on their website.

• Veteran’s cremation benefits: Veterans may be eligible for bereavement benefits through the VA. Trident Society can work with veterans and their families to make sure they are getting everything they are eligible for.

• Free planning guide: Sign up for a free cremation planning guide to help you through the process.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Trident Society Company Information