Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.72/5

For more than four decades, Trident Society provides cremation and funeral planning services to over 100,000 families each year. Trident offers affordable afterlife care whether you are in the stages of planning or in immediate need. Trident representatives are available 24-7 for guidance, pricing and more.

Trident Society Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?

Original review: May 24, 2020

The death of a loved one took only 2 days of a lot of chaos and unfamiliar experience. My wife and I had chosen to cremate some months before but had not signed an agreement. So I spoke with Diane who took the ball and ran with it. She took care of everything needed to be done. Explained what I needed to do and the sequence of events. Well Done from all those that served my wife well.

Trident Society response

Brian, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Diane and our Sacramento team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during these difficult times.

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2020

We were really satisfied with the way Chuck ** explained everything to us - the order of things happening after death. We've even called at a later time and he answered more questions. He also told us to call anytime if there are more questions. He got right back to us - quickly. Our friends have this same thing and they were very satisfied too. We've told friends and family and they are thinking about this same thing. It took us some time because of the nature of this reality and I'm sure our friends are experiencing the same. Thank you for the peace of mind.

Trident Society response

Donald, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Chuck and our Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Sacramento, CA office

Original review: March 6, 2020

Within hours of my wife passing, Trident was able to remove her body from out home. Within the next few days they submitted the cremation request and kept me informed about the progression of the request and other legal documents. The reduced the strain on my family immensely.

Trident Society response

John, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help make this experience less stressful for you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

My mother pre-paid her funeral plans, and it was our intention to do the same. One company suggested it would be cheaper to let my son call when the time came. We didn't want to add to the stress our children would be dealing with then. We attended the Trident seminar, liked what we heard, asked questions and signed up. Now we know that wherever we are, the arrangements have been made. That took a lot off our shoulders, and our children are grateful.

Trident Society response

Sandra, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Laguna Woods, CA office.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Our sales agent, Vohn **, was excellent. He was extremely informative, professional and kind. Vohn easily set up my and my husband's cremation plans and ensured us an affordable 0% interest monthly payment plan. My parents purchased their cremation needs with the Trident Society, and we had a terrific experience with staff for my father's end of life services. I am certain we will have the same quality service when my mother passes. I have recommended the Trident Society to my family and friends, and I have encouraged them to take care of their end of life services sooner than later.

Trident Society response

Lisa, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Vohn and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 31, 2020

We were treated professionally by a personable agent. Patience was shown; enthusiasm for your services was shared and all our questions were answered. One thing you might add to the sales experience is to provide your new client with a sample of a successor trustee notification letter.

Trident Society response

David, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered, but If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Santa Cruz, CA office.

Original review: May 28, 2020

We thought that talking about cremation would be grim, but we were delighted with the information that Renee provided us and with the services that Trident provides. It's good to know now that our wishes will be followed, and It won't be a burden to our family. We can check this off our list and enjoy our retirement.

Trident Society response

Laurie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Renee and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 26, 2020

When I spoke with Brenda on the phone, she was very nice. She explained the service to me and answered all my questions with clarity. She made sure that I understood all the terms of the contract and was very patient. I would recommend this service to any friends or family who desire cremation as their final wish.

Trident Society response

Cher, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Brenda and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 24, 2020

It has taken me years to arrive at this decision. I think cremation only makes godly and logical sense. The person at Trident Society helped guide my wife and I to our decision was very knowledgeable and compassionate.

Trident Society response

Marion, we welcome you and your wife and we also are happy to have you both as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you both with your pre-plannings. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 24, 2020

The Trident agent was knowledgeable and answered every question we asked. The agent was easy to reach. He took as much time as needed to fully explain the program. He made the whole process easy to complete. The benefits of the program give us and our children peace of mind. All materials were delivered as described in a timely manner.

Trident Society response

Geri, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Santa Cruz, CA office.

Trident Society author review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

This cremation services company has offices across California and will drive to you if you live far from one of their regional offices. They offer preplanning services as well as services for immediate needs, if a friend or family member has recently passed away.

• Preplan from home: Trident Society’s website has everything you need to make arrangements if you prefer to preplan from the comfort of your home. You can sign up for an online account, which you can access at any time.

• Lunch and learn seminars: Learn more about cremations and preplanning by attending a free lunch and learn. You’ll get to enjoy a complimentary lunch as you learn about the process and get all of your questions answered. See upcoming dates on their website.

• Veteran’s cremation benefits: Veterans may be eligible for bereavement benefits through the VA. Trident Society can work with veterans and their families to make sure they are getting everything they are eligible for.

• Free planning guide: Sign up for a free cremation planning guide to help you through the process.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Trident Society Company Information