Trident Society Request Information
Accredited Partner

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5

For more than four decades, Trident Society provides cremation and funeral planning services to over 100,000 families each year. Trident offers affordable afterlife care whether you are in the stages of planning or in immediate need. Trident representatives are available 24-7 for guidance, pricing and more.

Trident Society Request Information

Trident Society Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We have been very pleased with the service provided by the Trident Society in behalf of my father-in-law Norman C. **. Especially I want to thank Steven Crawford for his patience on August 5th, as we had complications dressing dad in his religious ceremonial clothing. Steven was so patient with us, allowing us to solve the problem, which necessitated additional wait time for him. We are so grateful for his professional and kind attitude. Thank you Steven.

Trident Society response

Hello Jeanette, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father-in-law. On behalf of Stephen and his San Jose Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father-in-law!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had the agent from Trident Society come over. I didn't initially sign up the first time. As my wife was getting fairly close, I thought I might kick another visit, another look, and that’s why I signed up. I looked at other providers and I liked Trident's full service. We were planning on taking a trip out of the country and I also liked the fact that they had provisions for that. If anything happened to us anywhere in the world or if we went home to be with the lord and we were over in Europe, the body would get back here. So, that was a major thing.

Our agent was absolutely awesome. She was thorough and very attentive. Every time I called, she would answer the phone. If she was busy with something, she would write back to me. She did great. Even when she was changing offices, she let me know that she’d still be a part since she started with us. Anything that we needed, we’d just have to call her and she would be there. Having Trident's pre-planned services, I like the peace of mind that if it’s the time when my wife is off in a transition, all we need to do is make one phone call and it would just set everything out to motion.

Trident Society response

Llewellyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you chose us and that you were satisfied with our services.

Original review: July 6, 2019

My mother passed away on Mother's Day 2019 at the hospital. I was in need of a Funeral Home & I had read good reviews about the Trident Society. I was put in contact with Funeral Director Marissa **. She was very helpful & caring explaining things to me & keeping me updated. My mother is a WWII US Navy veteran & I she wanted to be buried at sea from a US Navy ship. Marissa took care of that keeping me informed. I would highly recommend the Trident Society to friends. Thank you so much Marissa. You made a difficult time easier for me and my family.

Trident Society response

Robert, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Marissa and the San Diego team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family make this difficult time easier

Original review: May 17, 2019

I received a notice in the mail about Trident Society and it seemed that they were what I was looking for. I set it up for myself because I was married to a veteran. My husband did not set one up but when he passed away, Trident was very helpful in getting him on board so that he could be taken care of by them. I had all my questions answered by the company and when I had a problem with the death certificate where my name was spelled incorrectly on it, they got it taken care of for me. But they have to verify information and doublecheck it. They have to make sure names are spelled correctly. We’re all human beings and we make mistakes, but those are things that if somebody had doublechecked would’ve been caught.

In order to take care of things, you have to have a death certificate and it should be correct in all parts. Other than that, I feel wonderful about having my Trident services. I know that my family won’t have any problems. I’m thankful Trident is there. They’re very compassionate, understanding and very willing to help in any way they can. That is very much appreciated.

Trident Society response

Hi Carla, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Trident Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Laguna Woods team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online and we apologize for any minor inconveniences that you encountered with the Death Certificate. We thank you for your understanding and thank you for your kind words.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I had an aunt who was into dementia and I was her caretaker. About three years ago, I decided that the end was eventually coming, so I set up a cremation package for her. Trident Society only offered two packages when I made my inquiry. One was 3,000 while the other one was 2,000 and I bought the cheaper package. They sent me a wooden box and some credit cards with all their information on them so that I could call them when the time came. Three years went by then I called them up and they took care of everything just like they said they would.

I was so shocked at the time but they stepped up and did everything. All I had to do was make them one phone call and they did it all. I thought I had paid a lot for the cremation package at 2,000 bucks. But I didn't shop around and that was what they offered and I took it. I would tell others to check some prices if they were considering Trident's services. Still, I was very impressed with them. I went to their office to sign some papers after the death and it was all well-done. They were very sensitive about everything and they couldn’t have handled it much better.

Trident Society response

Richard, please accept our condolences on the passing of your aunt. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Roseville team of Trident Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I was treated very courteously when I called for the appointment - and was scheduled as requested. The representative came to our home, was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. The only thing I am disappointed in is the "jewel box." I would have much preferred a simple urn and wooden box.

Trident Society response

Sheryl we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with the merchandise but If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

The spokesperson my wife and I had was very helpful and knowledgeable about cremation and related information. After all was said and done, we contracted with Trident Society and left feeling relieved and confident that our wishes will be met.

Trident Society response

Jack, we welcome you and are happy to have you and your wife as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were both satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Our experience with Trident & working with Suzi has helped us in dealing with efforts regarding my brother's loss. The discounted she gave us was not expected but was deeply appreciated & her help throughout the process & keeping us informed was also deeply appreciated. It turns out that there is no rush though because due to the Coronavirus we had to move our memorial service to late next month. Appreciated!

Trident Society response

Hi Edward, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Trident Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your brother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Suzi and the Walnut Creek team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. Thank you for your kind words and please take care.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I'm a consumer. I made the appt. for the next day. The gentleman was kind and knowledgeable. I like the payment plans, ability to do multiple plans how quickly received package and information. I appreciate that you come to our home and make this process easier, even in some instances when it is an immediate need. Thank you.

Trident Society response

Colleen, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Walnut Creek, CA office.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Within hours of my wife passing, Trident was able to remove her body from out home. Within the next few days they submitted the cremation request and kept me informed about the progression of the request and other legal documents. The reduced the strain on my family immensely.

Trident Society response

John, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help make this experience less stressful for you and your family during this difficult time.

Trident Society expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

This cremation services company has offices across California and will drive to you if you live far from one of their regional offices. They offer preplanning services as well as services for immediate needs, if a friend or family member has recently passed away.

• Preplan from home: Trident Society’s website has everything you need to make arrangements if you prefer to preplan from the comfort of your home. You can sign up for an online account, which you can access at any time.

• Lunch and learn seminars: Learn more about cremations and preplanning by attending a free lunch and learn. You’ll get to enjoy a complimentary lunch as you learn about the process and get all of your questions answered. See upcoming dates on their website.

• Veteran’s cremation benefits: Veterans may be eligible for bereavement benefits through the VA. Trident Society can work with veterans and their families to make sure they are getting everything they are eligible for.

• Free planning guide: Sign up for a free cremation planning guide to help you through the process.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Trident Society Company Information