Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.70/5

For more than four decades, Trident Society provides cremation and funeral planning services to over 100,000 families each year. Trident offers affordable afterlife care whether you are in the stages of planning or in immediate need. Trident representatives are available 24-7 for guidance, pricing and more.

Trident Society Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trident Society?

Original review: March 24, 2020

We were really satisfied with the way Chuck ** explained everything to us - the order of things happening after death. We've even called at a later time and he answered more questions. He also told us to call anytime if there are more questions. He got right back to us - quickly. Our friends have this same thing and they were very satisfied too. We've told friends and family and they are thinking about this same thing. It took us some time because of the nature of this reality and I'm sure our friends are experiencing the same. Thank you for the peace of mind.

Trident Society response

Donald, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Chuck and our Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society of Sacramento, CA office

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Very sadly I experienced an painfully unexpected death of a deeply loved one. My assigned funeral director, Renee, was helpful, kind, patient, & generous with her time & attentiveness to my request to honor my beloved. More importantly, she was sincere. I am grateful that I had Renee to work with... _because she experienced a similar situation to mine; therefore, she was able to connect, help, & relate with me through a difficult & painful process. I am glad Trident hires & trains their staff well. Arrangements & preparations of death is not easy; however, it definitely helps to work with a person of integrity & sincerity. Thank you, Renee!

Trident Society response

C.C., please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Renee and her amazing compassion, patience, generosity, helpful, and kind care for the families that she takes into her arms during these difficult & painful times.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I was looking for Trident several years ago. I wanted to go with them because of name recognition and I ended up using them once. Then, I used them again recently. I just gave them a phone call and they said they could send somebody over the next day. All I had to do was call and they got everything in place. They took care of everything and I didn’t have to fool around when I needed the service. It was there ready to go. Trident's service helped a lot and their reps were very helpful and very understanding. They were great people to work with.

Trident Society response

Richard, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We have been very pleased with the service provided by the Trident Society in behalf of my father-in-law Norman C. **. Especially I want to thank Steven Crawford for his patience on August 5th, as we had complications dressing dad in his religious ceremonial clothing. Steven was so patient with us, allowing us to solve the problem, which necessitated additional wait time for him. We are so grateful for his professional and kind attitude. Thank you Steven.

Trident Society response

Hello Jeanette, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father-in-law. On behalf of Stephen and his San Jose Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father-in-law!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I had the agent from Trident Society come over. I didn't initially sign up the first time. As my wife was getting fairly close, I thought I might kick another visit, another look, and that’s why I signed up. I looked at other providers and I liked Trident's full service. We were planning on taking a trip out of the country and I also liked the fact that they had provisions for that. If anything happened to us anywhere in the world or if we went home to be with the lord and we were over in Europe, the body would get back here. So, that was a major thing.

Our agent was absolutely awesome. She was thorough and very attentive. Every time I called, she would answer the phone. If she was busy with something, she would write back to me. She did great. Even when she was changing offices, she let me know that she’d still be a part since she started with us. Anything that we needed, we’d just have to call her and she would be there. Having Trident's pre-planned services, I like the peace of mind that if it’s the time when my wife is off in a transition, all we need to do is make one phone call and it would just set everything out to motion.

Trident Society response

Llewellyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your wife. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you chose us and that you were satisfied with our services.

Original review: May 31, 2020

We were treated professionally by a personable agent. Patience was shown; enthusiasm for your services was shared and all our questions were answered. One thing you might add to the sales experience is to provide your new client with a sample of a successor trustee notification letter.

Trident Society response

David, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered, but If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Santa Cruz, CA office.

Original review: May 28, 2020

We thought that talking about cremation would be grim, but we were delighted with the information that Renee provided us and with the services that Trident provides. It's good to know now that our wishes will be followed, and It won't be a burden to our family. We can check this off our list and enjoy our retirement.

Trident Society response

Laurie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Renee and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 26, 2020

When I spoke with Brenda on the phone, she was very nice. She explained the service to me and answered all my questions with clarity. She made sure that I understood all the terms of the contract and was very patient. I would recommend this service to any friends or family who desire cremation as their final wish.

Trident Society response

Cher, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Brenda and the Sacramento team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 24, 2020

It has taken me years to arrive at this decision. I think cremation only makes godly and logical sense. The person at Trident Society helped guide my wife and I to our decision was very knowledgeable and compassionate.

Trident Society response

Marion, we welcome you and your wife and we also are happy to have you both as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you both with your pre-plannings. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Sacramento, CA office.

Original review: May 24, 2020

The Trident agent was knowledgeable and answered every question we asked. The agent was easy to reach. He took as much time as needed to fully explain the program. He made the whole process easy to complete. The benefits of the program give us and our children peace of mind. All materials were delivered as described in a timely manner.

Trident Society response

Geri, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Trident Society at Santa Cruz, CA office.

Trident Society author review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

This cremation services company has offices across California and will drive to you if you live far from one of their regional offices. They offer preplanning services as well as services for immediate needs, if a friend or family member has recently passed away.

• Preplan from home: Trident Society’s website has everything you need to make arrangements if you prefer to preplan from the comfort of your home. You can sign up for an online account, which you can access at any time.

• Lunch and learn seminars: Learn more about cremations and preplanning by attending a free lunch and learn. You’ll get to enjoy a complimentary lunch as you learn about the process and get all of your questions answered. See upcoming dates on their website.

• Veteran’s cremation benefits: Veterans may be eligible for bereavement benefits through the VA. Trident Society can work with veterans and their families to make sure they are getting everything they are eligible for.

• Free planning guide: Sign up for a free cremation planning guide to help you through the process.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

Trident Society Company Information