It's that easy Request Information
4.76/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

National Cremation Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was bringing in my mother’s remains because she set up something with National Cremation. And because it was such a smooth process, my husband and I decided to do it the next week. We scheduled to where when we picked the death certificate up, we planned ours right then, too. We had so much going on and not having relatives have to deal with that, just being able to come and sign the papers like we did, we just want it to be that easy for our children. And we don’t want funerals or services. That’s just not what we were into. And my mother did this with what little bit of money she had years ago, and we liked the fact that the price was locked in. We liked the fact that our children wouldn’t have any responsibilities.

We’ve planned regular funerals for other relatives and when we saw the difference, the preplanned was better. You’re able to mourn better, to get out of your shock better, because you’re not doing this big production and it was healthier. It felt healthier to me like the emotions were better. We could rest, we weren’t exhausted, and it just gave us more time for the emotional things and less time for the show, and the hassles. So, it fits our family.

Even the goodbye was better because it was drawn out so long with the others and you had to just wait for each person. This was different. It was fast, and it made us remember the time with them instead of the loss as much. It was less trauma because it wasn’t like we were in denial. We’ve been through the other ones. It’s just we focused on the good things. The very last memories were better. My husband and I were probably not behaving very well because we were kind of irreverent anyway, and we felt really bad for the people that helped us. But they were so good and they tolerated it. Everybody handles it differently. But we were kind of cracking jokes, but we had expected this death for a long time. She had all summers for many years. And so, it was a little bit less traumatic and more of a blessing.

The people from National Cremation were really good and we were not easy to deal with even for salesmen because we like act up. We thought everything was a fun place just for us and we were careful that we weren’t saying it in front of the other customers, but we said things that probably other people wouldn’t say and they were so polite and endured us. The girl that did ours was like her first time she had done that, and she did really well, and it was nice.

We’ve already recommended National Cremation over and over and we said, “Hey, save yourself. Save it.” And also, I had a special situation where I had to ship my mom’s remains far away. She wanted to have her remains where she was born. And so, we had to ship them to a different relative, and they handled it. They told me when the day they sent it even though it was sent to someone else and it was in her hands by then. They still were kind enough to call me and tell me, “It’s there, we’ve shown it’s been received. You don’t have to worry.” So, I didn’t have to bother them because they were in the middle of things. And so, it was nice all the way around.

National Cremation response

Heidi, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. We also would like to welcome you and your husband and we are happy to have you as one of our customers. Thank you for your kind words.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mother and I made plans together with National Cremation because my brother died and that was the company that they used. I also read the reviews and I really liked them. They’ve been around for such a long time, too. When I contacted them, I cannot stress how wonderful everything was. On the day I came home from the hospital, I didn’t have the number of the agent and they directed me right away to the local number. And everything was in the database as it should be.

The people in North Fort Myers were absolutely excellent and the rep, Joshua, was amazing. I thought he was gonna want me to upgrade but never once did he mention that. As a result, I saw this glass art thing that you can buy, so I bought one of those. And I didn’t feel pressured at all. He was very compassionate and he explained everything in such detail to me. Having them took a lot of relief and burden off of me and it was such an easy process to do. I wanted to spread ashes in the Gulf here in Florida and Joshua even recommended who to contact.

It was such an overwhelming and emotional time even if you’re expecting someone to pass away. But it was wonderful having Nation Cremation. They went right out and picked up the body that afternoon. They told us why we needed the death certificates and how many we'd need. They also told us what the bank would need. At the time, our heads were in a whirlwind but things were so well-organized with National Cremation. So far, I’ve recommended two people to them but it’s kinda hard to get people to think about what they need to do. But I’m working on it because I’m so thankful that my mother did that for me. It made things so much easier because then I knew what she wanted.

National Cremation response

Sherry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Joshua and the North Fort Myers team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We also welcome you and are honored to have you as one of our customers. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of North Fort Myers, FL office.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Years ago, somebody from National Cremation & Burial Society came to the house. I had heard about it from various people over the years. We didn't sign up at first and then decided it might not be a bad idea. I decided to also prepay for everything. Their team was fantastic, especially Jeffrey. He went over and above to handle everything. My husband's death was totally unexpected. Jeffrey helped and guided me through what I had to do. There were certain things I had to go through to check on. I wasn't quite sure how to do it but then he told me how.

We had to go to Chicago for military service. However, we had a hard time finding out when we were gonna get the ashes back. It took quite a bit longer than I thought, but we had to go ahead and plan the service with or without the ashes. It came the day before though. Jeffrey made sure of it.

When my father passed away in San Diego years ago, I went through pretty much the same thing. My idea was a cremation and I decided to prepay for it. Everything worked out so well there, which was why I talked my husband into going through. Mine is arranged the same way as my husband's and the kids how everything is set up. It makes it a lot easier on the family. I would definitely recommend National Cremation & Burial Society.

National Cremation response

Hi Cheryll, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jeffrey and the Phoenix team, we thank you for sharing your experience online and we are glad to hear that he was able to help and guide you through these difficult moments.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I'm a 66-year old woman that have lost dear friends and I've been there in those last few moments. I was a healthcare surrogate of my neighbor and she chose me to be with her when she passed. It was all part of her Trust. She was a single woman who had no heirs. This was the first time I've dealt with National and everything was just so different this time. The people from National Cremation were so professional. The sensitivity was like they've known me for years and it was very nice.

With National, the way they address everything, from the way they come in, they were so wonderful with the remains. I live in a condominium and the people didn't even know that she had passed. It was so private. They were so sweet and caring. When they took her remains out, it was a beautiful blue drape. The whole thing was just so much more comforting than what I had experienced in years past. I didn't want what had happened to my mom and dad, that was to be in a body bag and have their faces covered.

There was a gentleman there that evening that was in training, and I would never have known it. Even to train a new employee, I was just blown away with how matter of fact it was, how respectful they were, what they shared and their kindness. This was on the 22nd of December and it's more emotional around the holidays but they were wonderful. They called me later and followed up as well. I also got something by email that I'd responded to. There's so much customer service that's whacking in our world, and at the time when I needed people to care the most, they answered the call. I was really impressed. I dealt with Lisa and I told her when I get my tax refund back, I'm gonna go with them as well and plan on my own.

National Cremation response

Hi Marcia, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your friend. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored to hear that we addressed and performed the service in a very professional and private manner. On behalf of the Clearwater team, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My mom had her funeral pre-arranged, which was really a cool idea. They had a meeting at her church about four years ago. She already had her funeral arranged at Serenity Gardens. Then when the National Cremation Society came to the church, she was interested. She signed up from there and it was really nice of my mom to do that for us, her kids and for me, as a child and the baby of four children. I'm the youngest but I'm also the executor and I helped plan her entire stuff. She didn't have a lot of money. So I've been paying out of my own wallet for all of her additional expenses. If I would have had to pay for the cremation on top of everything else, that money would have had to come from somewhere until we settled her estate. So it was wonderful that she prepared for financial reasons and the sadness of it.

It was bad enough going and spending time with Brandon at the National Cremation Society discussing this. At least I didn't have to make any decisions that day. I had planned funerals before. For my grandfather's funeral, I went with my mother to do that. He hadn't pre-paid for his and we were at the funeral homes for three hours, just picking everything out. I did that same thing with my dad. But for my mom's funeral, the decisions were already done for me. I just followed through as what her desire was and then I bought prayer cards and paid for her obituary. It was the coolest thing having my mom plan her own funeral. The memory of that is an awesome memory. Now knowing this, it makes me wanna prepare myself. It was a really nice experience having it. It was unreal. It was easier.

I had called Joyce at the front desk a few times and she was wonderful. The worst experience we had with all of it was getting the doctors to sign off on the cause of death before the National Cremation Society could cremate my mom. Her funeral was going to be on the 19th so I called National Cremation Society on the 14th. I wanted to make sure I was gonna be able to pick up her ashes on Friday, the 18th. They put me on the phone with Brandon and he said that she had not even been cremated yet. So she was in the freezer from the third of January to the 16th.

I really got upset because getting the sign-off is something that could have been done in one day. After five or six days, why did somebody not call from the National Cremation Society? It wasn't like my mom was an unidentified person. It wasn't like she died and needed to be autopsied. So that was mortifying for me. I don't know if that's common practice. But I'm assuming that no one followed through. They might have done it but I don't know. Aside from that though, the experience was very wonderful. And Brandon was such a nice person.

National Cremation response

Hello Kim, we would first like to express our condolences for your mother's passing. We are honored that she chose us to take care of her cremation prearrangement needs and that you had no extra stress added during the execution of her services. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I made preplanning services for myself with National Cremation and my experience with them has been really good, so far. Their rep explained everything pretty well and knowing that I have those services in place is a good feeling. That way, I don’t have to burden other family members.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We had learned about National Cremation Society, originally, when we had gotten something in the mail and then they had a little luncheon. So, we got ourselves taken care of. We did National Cremation for ourselves, and ours are prepaid. And then when my sister-in-law died, we went with them as well. Their team seemed really nice.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

In 2000, my mother purchased the cremation for her and her husband. She was under hospice care and the hospice asked us, and I told them that she had already contacted National Cremation. Brandon was very polite, proper and quite knowledgeable. It took a big burden off of us to not have to deal with that as well and just sat with her. We held a little ceremony, and I spent three days making pictures for everybody. It would’ve been really cool to be able to display like a slideshow on a 4K TV that was available to anybody. That way, a family member who wants to display some family photographs could do it on the television, and everybody in the room could see it.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Guy was very professional yet very caring and compassionate after my husband passed away. He took time to answer any questions I had. Though some of my questions were probably redundant to him he remained very understanding and patient. Guy explained things in a way I could understand. I highly recommend National Cremation Service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Purchase of cremation plan for myself and my husband. This was a great experience. I had many questions which were all answered very patiently. Everything we wanted was addressed. The cards and box were all received when promised. We hope not to need them for some time but it is comforting to know this matter is complete.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information