4.76/5
Based on 21 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

21 National Cremation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

This is a wonderful place. Drew was thorough, compassionate and understanding with us. We have decided to set up both of our cremations through National Cremation Society. This way all the decisions will be already made. Would definitely recommend to anyone needing cremation services.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Younginer, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one and we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Drew and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My discussion with Quintin ** gave me the knowledge I needed to make a decision I was hesitant about. He presented everything professionally and thoroughly. He answered all my questions. I feel secure that my family won't have to make decisions that are difficult at time of death.

National Cremation response

Hello Art, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Denver, CO office.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Mr. Chris ** was very very good with handling me and my son, Howard, I could not ask for anyone better who was so passionate and caring. It was such a pleasure dealing with him. It made arrangements run smoothly at a time of grieving. I was very happy that I picked your company.

National Cremation response

Hi Marion, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your son. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Chris and the Oviedo team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was very pleased with my recent purchase of my cremation services! It is comforting knowing that all my family has to do upon my death is make one phone call and everything is taken care of, to include the expenses involved!

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Mitch, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Clearwater, FL office.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

I really did not need or want the boxes for the ashes or the photo frame as I already have that taken care of. There should be some way to opt out & drop the price accordingly. The information & planning book is helpful & nice.

National Cremation response

Hello Valued Customer, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with the merchandise. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Now if you can please just confirm which office did you purchase your pre-plan arrangements?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was treated respectfully by the entire staff, especially Jeffrey **, who thoroughly explained all the options available in a clear, concise manner. In no way did I ever feel pressured into purchasing services I did not desire. I was promptly kept informed throughout process.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Pins, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Jeff and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2018

This was done through the Cremation Society of Pennsylvania membership. My mother used the same three years ago. This time there was lots of paperwork, plus an extra $150 asked to mail remains. No cost last time. Also paperwork asked me to sign for $1182 that they said was what the local company would bill the PA society. This was not a pleasant experience as it had been with my mother.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Nepon, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. National Cremation Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with the transition of the contract from another cremation company (Cremation Society of Pennsylvania) to our care which also generated extra paperwork in which we apologize. It is my understanding that our funeral director went over with you the original preneed contract from Cremation Society of Pennsylvania, to point out that this service was not paid for in advance. Again, we apologize we didn't meet your expectations.Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as we do take every review very seriously. Take care.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Excellent company to deal with. I highly recommend them. Gloria ** in Port Charlotte, Florida - Excellent. Was caring, compassionate, explained everything - made us feel good. Even my daughters were very impressed.

National Cremation response

Hello Valued Customer, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Gloria and the Port Charlotte team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My parent had a contract with National Cremation and we use those contract. I was very pleased with Lisa. She was very empathetic, very professional, and thorough in her job. I like the convenience of the preplanned service. It also saved some money in the long run. I would certainly recommend National Cremation to anybody. The facility in Largo, Florida could use some updating and some thorough cleaning, which I told the director that I worked with. It was not as clean as I would have liked. It was pleasant, but a little on the shabby side.

National Cremation response

Hi Ms. Nancy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your parent. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My mother had a contract with National Cremation Society and she gave me the card. She passed away in October this past year and they did a wonderful job. They took care of everything and my brother and I didn’t have to do a thing. Everybody has been very courteous.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Marcia, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 26, 2018

It was a pleasure working with service manager, Maryann **. She was professional, personable, and empathetic. She made a difficult situation easier to deal with. Choosing National Cremation Society was a good decision.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Dianne, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Maryann and the Detroit team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 25, 2018

My dad chose to be cremated and that was one of his wishes so mom followed up on it. They went with National Cremation. My dad passed away in January and it was a busy time. There were lots of questions and things going on and my mom’s memory was not so great. She forgot where payment was at and she thought she had paid things when she hadn’t. There were extra phone calls to try and iron out the summary of her bill. And more recently, when an update to the computer program took place, few plans were set off of the automatic electronic withdrawal banking and my mom was one of them. I was a little bit confused by it because I thought it was electronic withdrawal. Then she couldn’t find the invoice and didn't even know about it. I called them back to iron it out and they were very helpful. Every single phone call was very helpful.

National Cremation response

Hi Ms. Laura, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. Take care

Original review: March 24, 2018

The service our family received was excellent. Tanya was professional, courteous and caring. All of our questions and concerns were answered honestly. Everything that was supposed to be done was accomplished with alacrity and no additional stress was put upon us.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Ron, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Tanya and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: March 15, 2018

They handled both of my parents and my family and I were very happy. The woman who handled it was Korrey ** and she was amazing! She made the whole thing very easy and non stressful. I so very much appreciate all her help and kindness.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Debra, please accept our condolences on the passing of your parents. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Korrey and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We had a very good experience. Everything was handled on a timely basis and with utmost professionalism. Ms. Linda ** was kind and courteous and explained the process. Exceptional service and great people.

National Cremation response

Richard, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Very pleasant experience in a very difficult time. Consultant was wonderful, very easy to understand and deal with. Entire office staff I dealt with was helpful and pleasant. Will return soon to make my own arrangements and spare my children from having to do this. Thanks so much for your help during this difficult time.

National Cremation response

Hello Valued Customer, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with our amazing compassion, love, and care for the families we take into our care during these difficult times. Take care.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Drew, Tanya and Wendy were caring, compassionate and supportive to me after the loss of my 95 year old mother. They were all very professional and everything related to my mom's event was treated with the utmost respect. Thanks to everyone.

National Cremation response

Mr. Frank, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Drew, Tanya and Wendy and their amazing compassion, love, and care for the families they take into their care during these difficult times.

Original review: March 14, 2018

We met your representative at Overture Grand Oaks, Sarasota FL. She was very compassionate, informed and experienced. She related very well to her listeners. Very professional. We met with her privately that afternoon and signed up.

National Cremation response

Hello Caroline, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Sarasota, FL office.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Our appointment with Mr. ** was perfect. He respected our input and answered our questions honestly and openly. We are very happy with our decision to commit to cremation as our final act in this life with National Cremation Society. Our urns are beautiful.

National Cremation response

Hello Leslie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Las Vegas, NV office.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I thought National Cremation & Burial Society was the only one in the market so I went with them. Their reps were very good. They said they would apply for a Presidential certificate for my husband and I never received it. It’s not a big thing but it didn’t happen.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Bonnie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband and we are truly sorry to hear about the miscommunication that you experienced with the Presidential Certificate. I am glad that Mr. Jeffrey Dellatto was able to reach out to you to provide an update in regards to your concern as it was ordered and it will arrive within 3-4 weeks and we want to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information