It's that easy Request Information
4.85/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

43 National Cremation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Joe ** is a tremendous asset to National Cremation. As a former entrepreneur/business owner, Joe brings a host of professional skills to the table that inures to the benefit of your organization and its clients. Joe exemplifies "The Golden Rule" in action in the business setting. Without wasted motion or time, Joe expertly helped my wife and I acquire our Cremation Certificates. It was a pleasure to meet with Joe.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very much satisfied with the National Cremation Society Program. Just what we wanted and needed at a most affordable price. Our salesperson is very knowledgeable and professional in conducting business with company clientele. Highly recommended to those in need.

Original review: June 13, 2018 It is such a comfort to have this part of our estate planning done. It is a relief for our children to not have to think about this when the time comes that it is needed.

Your sales representative was polite and respectful in all ways. There was no pressure to purchase although it was made clear that doing at the time of his presentation was desirable.

Original review: June 13, 2018

The agent (Ron **) was most professional, helpful, understanding, and most thorough in securing my contract. I greatly appreciated the "non-over-aggressive sales approach", but rather a sincere-concerning future planning approach. All was completed in a most timely and accurate manner with written confirmations.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Your representative Renae ** was very patient, explained things well and allowed us to ask questions. We were pleased at the quick way we received the urns. Thank you very much for providing a convenient solution for this need.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: May 26, 2018

Friends of ours worked with National Cremation & Burial Society and we've been a member for probably eight years now. I was very satisfied with them because the first time that I talked to them, I went ahead and joined them. And then a year later, my husband did as well. They were very helpful and very considerate and they answered a lot of questions.

Original review: May 21, 2018

We received an invitation for a free lunch through the mail and after we talked to someone from the National Cremation & Burial Society, we liked the idea. There were pre-planning services and they took care of so many things. It would be much easier when the time comes and we were very pleased. They were kind, sweet and very helpful too. They answered any question that I had. The whole experience was hard but the team at National Cremation made it very nice. I have since told people about them.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Mary, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Clearwater, FL office.

Original review: May 19, 2018

My parents were members of National Cremation and had already gone through the pre-planning. Their team was very smooth and easy to deal with and I just picked up the ashes. During the time when I had other things I needed to be taken care of and was grieving, it was nice that all the details were taken care of and I didn’t really have to do a lot.

National Cremation response

Hello Polly, we would first like to express our condolences for your loved one's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take Care.

Original review: May 18, 2018

National Cremation was recommended and we heard about them from little high-status people. We started to shop around and then we decided that the best thing to do was to trust what showed up in those moments. When life showed a mess, follow one course that shows success. The National Cremation team was very friendly and fairly communicative. They gave appropriate details. It was a lot dealing with my mom and my sister. My sister wasn’t even in town, so it was a little bit of back and forth. Yet the National Cremation team was really patient and very supportive in all of this. Other than the price, which is not really a customer service thing on their end, everything was more than satisfactory. The guy rep really went out of his way to be there for my mom. That meant a lot to learn that somehow, the process was all being taken care of and that we could focus on the healing and the growing.

National Cremation response

Hello Jamie, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My husband was killed in a horrible automobile accident, but I knew his wishes and received kind and considerate attention from National Cremation. Michelle gave us her complete attention and walked us through each step of the process. She ordered the death certificates and took care of as much as she could for me. All of this was done with compassion and concern for me and my children. I would glad recommend your service to anyone.

National Cremation response

Ms. Neely, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Michelle and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My parents had prepared for their funeral years and years ago. And National Cremation is wonderful. Everyone was incredibly helpful, compassionate, gentle, and loving. I am very happy and I would use them again when the need arises.

National Cremation response

Hello Deb, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved ones. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the North Palm Beach team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My experience with National Cremation was great. I wanted things as simple as possible and as clear cut as possible. Things worked out just the way I wanted... the way my husband would have wanted. Everyone was polite, caring and positive. I was impressed.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. McCarley, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Was very impressed by the professionalism and courtesy shown to me by the staff at the Sarasota office. Karen was so helpful in guiding me through the process of handling my father's final arrangements. I am so grateful for her assistance and emotional support. It was an excellent experience.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Susan, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Karen and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The National Cremation rep came to our house and she was tremendous. Her name was Tanya and she was very professional and she kept communicating with us throughout the whole process. It was our first time doing it and we didn't know how long it was gonna take. She got back to us very promptly and she was very, very diligent. I do the National Cremation pre-planning services online. It's nice that the plan is all taken care of, all paid for, and there's nothing to worry about. It's easy for the family to deal with. They were excellent.

National Cremation response

Barb, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Hudson, FL office.

Original review: May 6, 2018

When my mother passed away on April 12, I liked that National Cremation & Burial Society was extremely professional and very considerate. My parents had made the arrangements with them and my dad is also ultimately going to utilize them as well. Since my dad was obviously in rough shape when my mom passed away, my brother, Mike, and I took over and took care of the arrangements, most of which had already been set up by my parents. What I really appreciated as well was that, when they were going through the different list of products and services that they offered with my brother and me, they were informative without being pushy. It was very important to us that we didn’t feel like we were being given a sales pitch at that time, with what we were going through, and it was refreshing and satisfying to not feel in any way pressured.

National Cremation response

Hi Mr. Stephen, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Sarasota team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Original review: April 29, 2018

A few years ago, my husband made an appointment with National Cremation & Burial Society. The rep who came out and talked to us was a gentleman who was very informative and he wasn't one of those really hard sales. He talked to us about things that could happen. We paid off mine altogether, the whole thing, and then we made payments on my husband. The rep said that if my husband died before we were done making payments, then we wouldn't have to make any more. It was done and my husband passed away, but I came to find out that I still owed $149 or so, and that was odd. Other than that, I'm glad we did it. I didn't have to think of a lot. It was a hard time and everything was already planned. All I had to do was just put it into motion and that was worth everything. I would recommend National Cremation & Burial Society to anyone, and I have.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Sherri, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the minor confusion in regards to the payoff but we greatly thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 28, 2018

After my dad’s health was down, my father and mother looked into cremation, and they went to one of National Cremation's seminars. Right after that, my father’s health really started failing so then we didn’t have to make the arrangements. I called National and they came out, did another presentation for me at the hospital. Bill, the person I personally dealt with, came directly to the hospital at the time when my father was in worst condition. He met me at the hospital and spoke to us in the family room. It was night time when he came to the hospital ‘cause we were busy. And he was very professional and helpful. Once my dad passed, I took over for my mom dealing with National Cremation to get everything arranged and all I had to do was make a phone call.

I started dealing with Indira and she was at the crematorium. She came out and made special plans with my mom. She and my mom signed up also. National Cremation was awesome. The box that we got the urn was very pretty. Everybody was thoughtful and it wasn’t like everything was being pushed on us, what’s in time and important, especially we had enough stuff going on at that time. I had an amazing experience with National Cremation and I was very happy with it. It was very smooth and efficient. There were no surprises. I really enjoyed the process, especially for how difficult of a time it was for us. After I pay some of my bills, I'm gonna try to do it for myself. I’m a previous veteran. So, they said they would arrange me being buried at the veteran cemetery, and they would take care of all that for me. That would make it easier for my wife when I pass.

National Cremation response

Hi Mr. Malloy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Indira and the Ruskin team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We heard about National Cremation & Burial Society from a neighbor across the street and they were highly recommended. When my daughter went there and spoke with Lorrie, she was very pleased with the facility and what Lorrie told her. I have dealt with Lorrie on the phone and through email but my daughter who did all the legwork is very particular and she had nothing but good things to say about her. She is a gem and went above and beyond and we were very pleased with that. We never looked at anybody else when we got the service and we would not hesitate to recommend it.

National Cremation response

Hi Ms. Frances, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Lori and the North Palm Beach, FL team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 19, 2018

This is a wonderful place. Drew was thorough, compassionate and understanding with us. We have decided to set up both of our cremations through National Cremation Society. This way all the decisions will be already made. Would definitely recommend to anyone needing cremation services.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Younginer, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one and we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Drew and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: April 18, 2018

One of our friends had used National Cremation before and when I went to a seminar with Luncheon a couple of years ago and signed up for the National Cremation. Then I talked to my brother to sign up for it too. The man that sold the plan to me was very nice and he explained everything. Then when I went for my brother, Endera, the rep, was compassionate. She followed through and checked. Most of us had everything paid off. When I went in to talk to Endera, she had everything there so it was easy to take care of. I told her that my brother was a veteran and that here in Sun City, we have urns for veterans that are made here. I asked her if I could bring that urn in, instead of the one that the package came with and that was no problem. She was very helpful and nice and I would recommend National Cremation.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Joan, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Indira and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When my mother and father moved down to Florida about 40 years ago, they decided to make sure that they had their final arrangement done and so they were the ones who arranged it with National Cremation. Their reps called me the day after my mother died and told me that they already had somebody pick up the body. They wanted me down there on Monday and they would go through everything that mom and dad had signed. They were very professional and nice. Mom and dad prearranging it took all the tediousness out of it. It's a very nice experience. They had everything in place. They already had the box picked out and they knew where we wanted it buried. It would be at the Bay Pines National Cemetery and they took care of everything for me.

National Cremation response

Hi, Ms. Linda thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Friends of ours had signed up for the National Cremation services years ago and we signed up in 2010. It made sense because we like to travel and didn't want to cause people trouble. Signing up with National Cremation is a very thoughtful thing to do for my family and friends. There weren't very many cremation service providers and one didn't hear very much about cremation a decade ago. The Hemlock Society and folks like that bothered me that that was a little too far off-the-beaten-path and yet Hemlock and National Cremation are joined now. Nevertheless, National Cremation was a good system, it was a fair price and it's got everything planned out.

It took one phone call to pre-plan my cremation. It was a surprise but at least I knew the immediate issues were gonna get taken care of and would be done well. The first call was a little awkward because I had to call the Florida office and we were in Colorado, so I woke somebody up. But National Cremation got in touch with people here in Colorado and I only dealt with one person the entire time. He was really great and he was a fully trained mortician. And it wasn't just the matter of taking care of the after services because he knew everything that went on and how to explain things. He was very empathetic but not sickeningly so and he was really nice. I recommend National Cremation all the time.

National Cremation response

Hello Ms. Kelly, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 14, 2018

My discussion with Quintin ** gave me the knowledge I needed to make a decision I was hesitant about. He presented everything professionally and thoroughly. He answered all my questions. I feel secure that my family won't have to make decisions that are difficult at time of death.

National Cremation response

Hello Art, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Denver, CO office.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Mr. Chris ** was very very good with handling me and my son, Howard, I could not ask for anyone better who was so passionate and caring. It was such a pleasure dealing with him. It made arrangements run smoothly at a time of grieving. I was very happy that I picked your company.

National Cremation response

Hi Marion, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your son. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Chris and the Oviedo team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was very pleased with my recent purchase of my cremation services! It is comforting knowing that all my family has to do upon my death is make one phone call and everything is taken care of, to include the expenses involved!

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Mitch, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Clearwater, FL office.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I really did not need or want the boxes for the ashes or the photo frame as I already have that taken care of. There should be some way to opt out & drop the price accordingly. The information & planning book is helpful & nice.

National Cremation response

Hello Valued Customer, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for not meeting your expectations with the merchandise. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Now if you can please just confirm which office did you purchase your pre-plan arrangements?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I was treated respectfully by the entire staff, especially Jeffrey **, who thoroughly explained all the options available in a clear, concise manner. In no way did I ever feel pressured into purchasing services I did not desire. I was promptly kept informed throughout process.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Pins, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Jeff and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: April 11, 2018

This was done through the Cremation Society of Pennsylvania membership. My mother used the same three years ago. This time there was lots of paperwork, plus an extra $150 asked to mail remains. No cost last time. Also paperwork asked me to sign for $1182 that they said was what the local company would bill the PA society. This was not a pleasant experience as it had been with my mother.

National Cremation response

Hello Mr. Nepon, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. National Cremation Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with the transition of the contract from another cremation company (Cremation Society of Pennsylvania) to our care which also generated extra paperwork in which we apologize. It is my understanding that our funeral director went over with you the original preneed contract from Cremation Society of Pennsylvania, to point out that this service was not paid for in advance. Again, we apologize we didn't meet your expectations.Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as we do take every review very seriously. Take care.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The National Cremation staff was very courteous and understanding with our loss. They helped with my Father's final wishes to be cremated. Michelle couldn't have been nicer explaining what we needed to do. Many thanks to her.

National Cremation response

Hello Mrs. Sharyn, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Michelle and the Fruitland Park team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Excellent company to deal with. I highly recommend them. Gloria ** in Port Charlotte, Florida - Excellent. Was caring, compassionate, explained everything - made us feel good. Even my daughters were very impressed.

National Cremation response

Hello Valued Customer, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Gloria and the Port Charlotte team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information