It's that easy Request Information
4.87/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

98 National Cremation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I and my family were very pleased with the care of the transporting of his body from our home to their facility. When we visited them in their office, we were treated with respect by Brenden and not made to feel like we needed to buy any urn or other products. I have recommended them to our friends and other family members. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We had an elderly man come to our home to talk to us about cremation pre-planning - He used curse words while talking to us - asked us if we liked jokes and told a very discolorful joke - I was appalled - We would not buy from him because of this - then when we got to checking things out - there are many other places here in Tucson that are much less expensive - maybe it was a backdoor Blessing that he was so vulgar.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

We had used National Cremation when my grandmother passed away and also with my father quite a few years ago. We had known about their services and what they had to offer before. We've taken advantage of their pre-planning services and we didn't have to struggle with what we were going to have to do when my mother passed recently. Things were taken care of pretty much in one phone call. The cremation team members were all very professional and very sensitive to what we were going through. It has been an excellent experience overall. We've also already recommended them to other folks.

National Cremation response

Hi Susan, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your grandmother, father and recently your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

National Cremation & Burial Society had the most compassionate people ever. They were top notch and they were wonderful. I heard about them when I went to a funeral. A friend's son passed away from a motorcycle accident and his passing made me think that I don't have my cremation stuff ready. I don't want my son to deal with any of that stuff. So we had a woman come and chat with me and my mom about the end times and how you could pay ahead. We did the paperwork, made the phone call, and then National Cremation took care of it all.

When my mom passed away at a facility, a gentleman showed up within minutes and they whisked me out of the room because some hospice was there. Still, they were very careful not to make me feel like something weird was happening. I was still in shock of my mom passing right in front of me and they have the empathy and ability to show care and concern. It wasn't made up or condescending. They have the most wonderful people ever, and the person who took care of me was so compassionate while I was having a meltdown. Her name was Barbara and she did the paperwork while I was bursting into tears.

During that time, she didn't make me feel like I'm stupid or what. In fact, I felt that my mom went out with dignity with what she did. National made the transition for me easy. They even have something that they do, like the twelve stages of grieving, which was very helpful for me, that I wasn't expecting. In closing, it's been a big pleasure working with National. I would tell anybody who is thinking whether they're gonna be buried or cremated about them.

National Cremation response

Hello Sue, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of Barbara and the Sarasota Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother! We are also happy to hear that you are satisfied with our 12 Weeks-of-Peace program and please know that we are always here to help...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Our family was very pleased with the service and product and care that was given to our love one Brittany. Maryann and the staff were caring, always there to answer any questions, helpful of with products we wanted to purchase. We chose Thomas Kinkade for mass care and thank you cards. They were beautiful. The guest book also had pictures, poems, and psalms. We thank you for your time, caring and the beautiful products. The Urns with the doves and all the jewelry. Beautiful keepsakes that keep our beautiful girl close to us.

National Cremation response

Hello Sharon, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one Brittany. On behalf of Maryann and the Detroit Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We are glad to hear that you are also satisfied with the thank you cards, the urns, and the keepsakes. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

My dad had a contract with National Cremation and when he passed away, we called them. We spoke with Mallory and she answered all our questions. She was super nice about everything, knowledgeable and put us at ease with the process. She made the whole thing a lot better than it would have been had she been not as accommodating to our questions. Nobody was prepared for a tough time such as this and she made a difference as well as the receptionist who already knew my name every time I called. It takes a special person to do the job, and it takes an extra special person to do it well and almost change the tone of the situation from something that's horrible to something that's tolerable. There were quite a few little details that I wanted taken care of that I came up with later and Mallory always took my calls.

After everything was said and done, and when we already had my dad's remains, she called just to see how we were doing to see if we had any more questions which I found to be absolutely beyond my expectations. National Cremation provided top-notch service. I have no complaints and only compliments to them. We were very happy with the service and the help. It was an excellent experience.

National Cremation response

Hello Scott, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father. On behalf of Mallory and the Oviedo Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Our daughter passed in Fla and we are located in Virginia. Lori walked me through step by step. She was so kind. She took her time to answer all of our questions. At such a difficult time for our family I couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you Lori.

National Cremation response

Donna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your daughter. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Lori and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

A family friend recently used National Cremation & Burial Society for their mom and dad and they said they were very happy with them. We went right there after my mother passed away and Jeffrey, their rep, was very nice. He walked my sister and I all through it, and he was not pushy with any of the sales. We were very happy with everything.

National Cremation response

Hi Beth, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jeffrey and the North Fort Myers team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My mom had prearranged her information with National Cremation & Burial Society. We had hospice services and my mom was staying with us at the time of her passing. I called National Cremation and I just wanted to check to make sure everything was in line and I knew what I was supposed to do. Then, when my mom passed, I called hospice and a nurse came who took over and did everything. She called National Cremation, and then the folks arrived about an hour later and took my mom's body. Then the next day, I went into National Cremation's office here locally and it was great. It was about a half an hour meeting with them. The lady came out and she said, “Here’s the deal. Everything’s paid for.” She knew exactly what the package involved. Also, she was awesome with her direction and getting everything we needed, and letting us know as far as the death certificates and how many death certificates.

National Cremation response

Hi Cindy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation & Burial Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We used National Cremation for Dad's remains. They did a great job so we came back for Mom. They answered the phone in the middle of the night and picked up Mom's remains within a couple hours. Next day Ronny respectfully explained all the options, filed for death certificates and provided a competitive price. I thought I was prepared for this moment; I wasn't. How nice it is to have a loving professional like Ronny to help with such details. Thanks Ronny!

National Cremation response

Gregory, please accept our condolences on the passing of both of your parents. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Mr. Ronny. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that he takes into his care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that you and your family are at ease and satisfied with our services. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Although my husband and I had made arrangements for cremation a number of years ago, it was difficult when the time came to follow through on those arrangements for my husband of 76 years. At the National Cremation location in Ruskin, Florida, I and one of my daughters met with Indira ** who was not only efficient and knowledgeable but also concerned and very caring. Indira personally delivered the ashes to our church and met with me in my home. I am truly grateful.

National Cremation response

Elsie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Indira and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I was looking for something for my mother and Jim, National Cremation & Burial Society's agent, gave me the information. I knew him and I trusted him. National Cremation had good reviews, I liked how long they have been doing business and their preplanned services are well organized. When my mom passed away, National Cremation did everything. I had the card. I called in and then in a matter of an hour and a half, they were at the hospice and then they took my mom. It was well done.

National Cremation response

Marcelo, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Jim and the North Palm Beach team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

After deciding on cremation, I attended an information session with a knowledgeable representative who answered all my questions and was able to offer a prepaid plan that is good anywhere. The cost seemed reasonable. After signing up I very quickly received my member card and memento box and urn. I appreciate the preplanning guide that was included. My daughters were informed, and I contacted my church to put things in place there, also. I'm glad that this decision was able to be made ahead of time, and that things are in place when they'll be needed. Thank you.

National Cremation response

Susan, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Fruitland Park, FL office.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

My mother signed up with National Cremation & Burial Society about 30 years ago. It was awesome because it saved us all kinds of money. It was predetermined, so we knew exactly what to do during a really difficult time. I couldn’t be happier with it. The people there were all extremely professional and compassionate. They were very easy to deal with.

National Cremation response

Hi Nadina, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation & Burial Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. On behalf of the Clearwater team, we appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The National Cremation team was wonderful. They took care of everything. I was less than a broken person and Gloria took care of me. She was patient, kind and she was not pushy. She did not try to sell me anything I didn't want or couldn’t afford. She let me change my mind. Gloria took care of contacting social security. She reminded me of everything I needed to do such as following up on my husband’s benefits and the other pensions that he got.

National Cremation response

Hi Barbara, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Gloria and the Port Charlotte team, we want to thank you for your feedback online and it is our pleasure to have taken care of you and your husband. Again, thank you for your kind words and always know that we will be here to help you and support you. Take care.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Upon the unexpected fall and difficult to witness, suffering death of my Mother, which took place in the 2 weeks following Christmas of 2017, I was grateful to be comforted by the kind and gentle staff who work with Jeffrey ** at National Cremation Society of North Fort Myers. My Mother had purchased her Cremation plan many years prior and I had been instructed by her to call the number on their card, given her, when the time came, long years prior. What I didn’t know was how simple it would be and just how much work they would be doing for me as it was months before her urn would be transported to Arlington National Cemetery where she would finally rest next to my Daddy, her Husband of 44 years. If I could give them 10 stars, Jeffrey ** and his staff earned them. We were treated as if family. My daughter, and other family members are forever grateful to you at National Cremation Society of North Fort Myers, et al.

National Cremation response

Hello Cynthia, we would first like to express our condolences for your mother's passing. We are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My mom chose National Cremation and did the pre-planning services. I wouldn’t have known what to do, so she had it all planned. The National Cremation team was very good and informative, and everything was already done. They made it a good experience and I was comfortable.

National Cremation response

Valerie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

My assigned representative, Carrie **, was a warm and caring person who allowed me to say farewell to my sister with respect and dignity. She is truly thoughtful and empathetic - you are fortunate to have her as a part of your organization.

National Cremation response

George, please accept our condolences on the passing of your sister. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Carrie and the Denver team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Her presentation was excellent. She tastefully covered all of the aspects of cremation and death. When I requested a meeting with my husband, she scheduled it for the same day. We now have the peace of mind that everything will be taken care of when one of us passes away. She represented your company well.

National Cremation response

Gail, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Sarasota, FL office.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

National Cremation is right next to a barbershop where I used to take my brother and it's up the street from me. I’m not even two minutes away from it and so I went in even without doing any research. The service was superb and I've had wonderful interactions with the National Cremation team. They all helped me with all the paperwork, even some extra paperwork that I got in. Since I’m down the street, Justin came to my house. So they went above and beyond the regular service. At a time of need like that, I couldn’t ask for a better person.

National Cremation response

Hi Beth, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Justin and the Atlanta team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The experience I had upon the very unexpected event of my fathers death was difficult on many levels. I was so uninformed and unsure of myself in handling such affairs. Thank God I was given Michael’s name. I never looked back. I was guided gently and sensitively through the whole of the next few days. Irina made the connections easier with her extra care and perseverance on the weekend hours.

There are actually too many moments to put here but all together they equal kindness and memories I will always have. The night of the memorial service. Micheal greeted my mother who has dementia and myself at the door, He was soft-spoken with a warm welcome. My mother was put at ease saying loudly “I like that man”. We were off to a good start for rest of the night. One Thank you is not enough Norwegians say, as I want to now, “Many thousand thanks“.

National Cremation response

Georganna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Michael, Irina and the Ruskin team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I can’t say enough of the amazing experience I had dealing with my moms passing and her cremation and it’s all because of Patrick **. From the first phone conversation, to emails to texts he was available, patient and so compassionate- during such a heartbreaking time, he seemed to make everything easier. This is the reason without blinking I turned to him to take care of my prepaid cremation as will my sister and anyone who slows down enough to listen to me sing his praises.

National Cremation response

Tracy, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and hearing about your experience online with Mr. Patrick. We are pleased to know that you and your family are satisfied with his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that he takes into his care during these difficult times. We also would like to welcome you and we are happy to have you as one of our customers. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Chicago, IL office.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

My husband and I decided to attend a seminar given by Sheila **. She was very informative. We signed up, received our boxes and cards. The experience was painless. I would definitely recommend to a friend. In fact, I have!

National Cremation response

Jill, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Sheila and the Port Charlotte team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Port Charlotte, FL.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I dealt with National from 3000 miles away and it was done with efficiency and timely. They fulfilled my requests without difficulty. They were polite and courteous and responded to my phonecalls in a timely manner.

National Cremation response

Hi Vivian, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

When my father passed away unexpectedly, we used National Cremation. Then based on the positive experience we had dealing with them, we got to them a second time to prearrange for my mother. We worked with their Destin office and they were outstanding. Our rep was Michael and I contacted his supervisor to let him know what a great job Michael did in both cases.

We liked that it was a one-stop shopping. We took care of my father’s immediate needs then we took care of my mother’s preplanning, so it was a seamless transition from family emergency support and preplanning for other family members. Also, I really appreciated the lack of pressure or upselling. And their service far outweighs its cost. It was very personable and handled in a respectful manner. The additional assistance with Social Security and Veterans’ Affairs Coordination was very helpful as well.

National Cremation response

Hi Joseph, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Michael and the Ruskin team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The service I received from Stephen ** was a comfort during this difficult time in my life. He was kind, friendly and extremely knowledgeable and he made the entire process of honoring my mother's wishes as painless as possible.

National Cremation response

Lynne, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Stephen and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Irene did a nice presentation of the program although my husband feels we should have been more clearly advised of the ala carte option so we did not pay for more than we actually need. Many items in the total package are of little use to either of us. That being said, we are glad our arrangements have been made.

National Cremation response

Floyd, we welcome you as one of our customers. It is our honored that we were able to help you with your pre-arrangements and we are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services. and with Irene. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for the poor communication on our behalf in regards to the a la carte option, but if you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and contact the National Cremation Society of Port Charlotte, FL office.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

** - If that number isn't correct it's because I can't read the darn thing on that blue coloring. You're working with old people who are almost blind. Whoever designed the card should have thought about that. THANK GOODNESS THE YOUNG LADY THAT CAME OUT TO ME WAS SMARTER. SHE WAS A DELIGHT. THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT FROM YOU.

National Cremation response

Elizabeth, we welcome you as one of our customers. It is our honored that we were able to help you with your pre-arrangements. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of North Palm Beach, FL office.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I required services according to a contract for my wife who passed away on 7/9/18. Tanya ** assisted my in finalizing the last details of the execution of the contract and was extremely helpful & non-aggressive in all the help I received. Five days later, I required service for my son who passed away on 7/13/18. Tanya ** initiated all the necessary steps needed to conclude the cremation & burial for an un-expected need for services. In both instances there was no aggressiveness used nor was anything but the kindest consideration for my needs displayed by your office in Hudson, FL.

National Cremation response

Charlie, please accept our condolences on the passing of both your wife and son. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Mrs. Tanya. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that you are at ease and satisfied with our service and please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was referred to National Cremation and I liked the whole approach of the information I was delivered. I felt very comfortable. Their rep, Justin, did an outstanding job in presenting the information. I’m from California, so I also did a sector of the Scatter at Sea and that was wonderful. It was a little rocky at first but then when I met the gentleman in person, he was wonderful. I would highly recommend National Cremation. I’m gonna use the company for myself as well.

National Cremation response

Hi Kisha, we are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Justin and the Atlanta team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online with your kind words. Take Care.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information