It's that easy Request Information
4.87/5
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

72 National Cremation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I dealt with National from 3000 miles away and it was done with efficiency and timely. They fulfilled my requests without difficulty. They were polite and courteous and responded to my phonecalls in a timely manner.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

When my father passed away unexpectedly, we used National Cremation. Then based on the positive experience we had dealing with them, we got to them a second time to prearrange for my mother. We worked with their Destin office and they were outstanding. Our rep was Michael and I contacted his supervisor to let him know what a great job Michael did in both cases.

We liked that it was a one-stop shopping. We took care of my father’s immediate needs then we took care of my mother’s preplanning, so it was a seamless transition from family emergency support and preplanning for other family members. Also, I really appreciated the lack of pressure or upselling. And their service far outweighs its cost. It was very personable and handled in a respectful manner. The additional assistance with Social Security and Veterans’ Affairs Coordination was very helpful as well.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The service I received from Stephen ** was a comfort during this difficult time in my life. He was kind, friendly and extremely knowledgeable and he made the entire process of honoring my mother's wishes as painless as possible.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Irene did a nice presentation of the program although my husband feels we should have been more clearly advised of the ala carte option so we did not pay for more than we actually need. Many items in the total package are of little use to either of us. That being said, we are glad our arrangements have been made.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

** - If that number isn't correct it's because I can't read the darn thing on that blue coloring. You're working with old people who are almost blind. Whoever designed the card should have thought about that. THANK GOODNESS THE YOUNG LADY THAT CAME OUT TO ME WAS SMARTER. SHE WAS A DELIGHT. THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT FROM YOU.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I required services according to a contract for my wife who passed away on 7/9/18. Tanya ** assisted my in finalizing the last details of the execution of the contract and was extremely helpful & non-aggressive in all the help I received. Five days later, I required service for my son who passed away on 7/13/18. Tanya ** initiated all the necessary steps needed to conclude the cremation & burial for an un-expected need for services. In both instances there was no aggressiveness used nor was anything but the kindest consideration for my needs displayed by your office in Hudson, FL.

National Cremation response

Charlie, please accept our condolences on the passing of both your wife and son. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with Mrs. Tanya. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times. Thank you for letting us know that you are at ease and satisfied with our service and please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was referred to National Cremation and I liked the whole approach of the information I was delivered. I felt very comfortable. Their rep, Justin, did an outstanding job in presenting the information. I’m from California, so I also did a sector of the Scatter at Sea and that was wonderful. It was a little rocky at first but then when I met the gentleman in person, he was wonderful. I would highly recommend National Cremation. I’m gonna use the company for myself as well.

National Cremation response

Hi Kisha, we are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Justin and the Atlanta team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online with your kind words. Take Care.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My wife and I signed up in 2013 and soon thereafter were able to recommend a friend to use NCS. We were impressed with the service. And they had thought of everything that we needed so that we were in and out in good time. My wife died recently and again I was impressed with the organization and efficiency of how they handled all of the details. Thank you National Cremation Society.

National Cremation response

Hi Richard, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your wife. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you both chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Sarasota team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We liked the individual that gave the presentation about National Cremation at a seminar here in Venice. The interaction I had with their team was terrific. Every time they called us, they were very informational. They were very nice and tried their best to ease our pain. When our son died, we’ve already preplanned here in Venice but he was not here in Venice. He lived up in Pinellas County, and the folks at National Cremation couldn’t help us down here so they put us in touch with the individual that takes care of Pinellas County. We appreciated that they helped us get through this. We would certainly give their number to a friend that might ask us about National Cremation and tell them how very courteous they were.

National Cremation response

Hello Kitty, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your son. On behalf of Clearwater Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your son!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I looked at a few service providers and I thought National Cremation had the best price. Also, they seemed to take care of a lot of things and I was impressed by what they had to offer. Justin was our funeral director and he did an excellent job. My husband signed up first because he was older and he passed away last month. I liked the way the service was handled and I decided to sign up myself. I also recommended a couple neighbors of mine who signed up.

National Cremation response

Karen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your husband chose us to help you through this difficult time. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Justin and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times. We also welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. Take care.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Ms. ** handled all aspects of needed services including setting up military honors at the National Cremation. There were opportunities for additional items (urns, pendants, etc) but there was no pressure to buy which was greatly appreciated. I called several times with questions to which I got prompt responses. I was extremely pleased with the handling of this pre-paid service.

National Cremation response

Laura, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Ruskin team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My parents signed up with National Cremation & Burial Society when they moved to Fort Myers area 36 years ago. I was continuously updating my mother’s address as she moved on a campus of a healthcare facility. My mother passed away on May 31st. I’m in Minneapolis, Minnesota and they're down in Fort Myers, so it was a lot of logistics and emails. The reps were always helpful especially Jeffrey.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Carl ** was very nice to work with, He came once and we asked him to come back another day as we wanted to talk about cost and process. Carl came back a week later and we closed the deal. The real test will be when there is a death and one of us will see if the plan lives up to its claims. We liked the price and payment plan. We are dealing with funeral arrangement now with a family member and we don't want our survivors to have to deal with the cost and hassle.

National Cremation response

Mark, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Mr. Carl Brown and the Phoenix team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Phoenix, AZ office.

Original review: July 20, 2018

My mother did a setup with National Cremation and she did like the way that she could set up her final wishes ahead of time and make the process a little bit easier for me. I’m very appreciative of their services and it really helped our family. Everybody in Largo, on East Bay was extremely wonderful and compassionate during that really horrible time. Dina was our main guide and she was extremely professional but very compassionate, and the front desk person was wonderful when calling to schedule claim and some things like that during a very bad day. It was nice to not make a million decisions on a day when your brain is not functioning normally. It was very nice.

National Cremation response

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your mother. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Dena and the Clearwater team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience over the phone and for your time. Take care.

Original review: July 19, 2018

From the moment we arrived, Ron made us feel very warm and welcomed??? He was not at all being a salesman, who is very soft-spoken and very nice. He made my dad like so so good, and when I saw him he was on a bed covered with a big blanket, and a soft pillow under his head. And the way Ron made him look - what is so awesome, he just looked exactly like himself, and he had a little smile that I guess Ron must’ve put on him. He just looked happily sleeping, and very peaceful.

The service was very nice and very intimate, and just close family. We did not feel any bit rushed out of there, even though they’re probably was a time limit. The whole experience went very nicely. We got the death certificates, and the urns Very quickly. I would highly recommend this place. It was a great experience. I did not think with a cremation there ever could even have a viewing of your loved one. It felt very nice to see my dad look so good one more time. Ron did an excellent job???

National Cremation response

Sharon, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Ron and his amazing compassion, love, and care for the families he takes into his care during these difficult times.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Very Nice and caring experience after the passing of our Mother. Ron was so caring and kind to me and my brother who flew in from California. He and the team partners from office receptionist to guy who helped out at mom's funeral and loaded her coffin to the hearse did a over the top A+ Job. So Kind and very respectful! I would recommend them to anyone in need of this service.

National Cremation response

Diana, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Ron and the Houston team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you and your brother were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Initially I came just to try out the restaurant and get the free meal. I had absolutely no intention of getting a cremation. After listening to the Representative and a few of the stories people in the audience were stating I realized that my brother who has a fairly high income might just get duped by some conman after I died because he would be in an emotional state of mind. I then knew that I had to take care of this myself to save my family from getting conned by some shyster.

National Cremation response

David, we welcome you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services. It is our honored that we were able to help you with your pre-arrangements. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of North Fort Myers, FL office.

Original review: July 16, 2018

The respect & dignity that was used talking about a delicate subject was wonderful. Also no pressure. It was all about what we wanted. M ** listened & answered our questions. Thank you for the thoughtful kind way this was handled.

National Cremation response

Renee, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of the Tukwila team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Seattle, WA office.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 16, 2018

After signing the contract(s) myself and for my wife, our copies were not left with us. I notified National Cremation and a couple days later received the copies. After seeing the individual charges that comprised the total of $2900 we were then able to see the approx. cost of the urn & box for $1400. This we did not want! Had this been pointed out during the sales presentation we would not have signed the papers. I asked to be refunded the $499 down payment (times 2). It has been three weeks and the charges have not been reversed on our credit card.

National Cremation response

Mr. Terry Gardner, National Cremation Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced with your refund concern. It is my understanding that our representative reached out to you yesterday to confirm that the refund was completed and that you were satisfied. Again, we apologize for any delays and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Original review: July 16, 2018

There is nothing negative for me to report. We visited a seminar to discuss our final arrangements and I decided, to proceed with the plan for cremation at time of my passing. My wife has still not decided what she wants to do. The company representative was extremely professional and personable.

National Cremation response

Richard, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Oviedo, FL office.

Original review: June 29, 2018

My mom and dad signed up with National Cremation 10 years ago. They wanted to be cremated so they set it all up in advance. When National Cremation handled my dad's cremation it went real well. They had the paperwork written down, took the remains into their facility, cremated it and put it in a nice urn. I've gotten the best possible care and the best facility I could. I love my dad. He had a nice memorial service and that was the biggest thing for me, that my dad's wishes were honored. National Cremation is a professional organization. They're very friendly and very concerned of all the needs I had with my dad's cremation. It was a pleasure working with them..The woman I contacted was really nice. All the questions I had, she answered. She was very compassionate, very understanding and very helpful.

National Cremation response

Hi John, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My fathers passing was very unexpected as we were not prepared with arrangements and I was totally lost as to what to do. However Korry was extremely sympathetic and compassionate and helpful. She made herself available to me and call me back right away whenever I had any needs. This was my first experience with your company and I can say I will recommend you to others and keep you in mind in the future.

National Cremation response

Hello Nicole, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Korrey and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families she takes into her care during these difficult times.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I was treated with so much kindness and compassion by the people at National Cremation Society that the grief and discomfort of the death of my father was softened. They explained everything to me thoroughly, and responded to my special requests efficiently and thoughtfully. I'm glad we trusted in them during this difficult time.

National Cremation response

Hi Mr. Roushar, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. Take care.

Original review: June 25, 2018

The husband of a good friend of mine passed away a couple of years ago and she used National Cremation. My husband and I went and picked up the ashes for her. We both agreed that it was a very professional place, and that we would like to use them again when we needed them. Then I did and Wendy is in the office and she’s been great. There was also a young man who was so wonderful and helpful, and really took the time to sit with me and talk with me. He listened to me and my son, so I really appreciated that. They've been very sympathetic and understanding. Obviously, it was a very rough time so the nicer you are to people, the better the experience. Now, I am also planning on doing the preplanning services in the near future. National Cremation is the way to go and I would highly recommend them.

National Cremation response

Hi Dianne, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you and your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Wendy and the Hudson team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was given a list by a hospice and National Cremation & Burial Society was on the middle of the list. I just went down the list and picked them. They were the first one that called and they were nice. They were very considerate for what I was going through. A young lady, the funeral director, took care of everything for me and did a good job. I was pleased. National Cremation is very good and they know their business. I’d recommend them.

National Cremation response

Gary, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 22, 2018

When my brother passed away, the Arrowhead Hospital gave us a list of cremation centers where we can take the body. We called somebody that we always deal with and I knew it was going to be very high. A National Cremation location is in between my sister’s house and my house, and they gave us a very good quote. They were also very cooperative from the very beginning. They gave us all the information in the middle of the night and they got us in when we went to see them.

I was very comfortable working with them and they didn’t try and push things on us. They understood what we were going through. Their rep asked us about everything else we needed and she emailed all the stuff. But we knew we were not going to have a service for him and we just had him cremated. And since I just buried my mom two years prior to that, I was already accustomed to what we were going to be going through but they were very, very helpful. I was happy we dealt with them.

National Cremation response

Olga, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of the Phoenix team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The people at National Cremation were very professional and friendly. It is one of the hard times when someone passes, but they were very helpful. If they needed anything additional, they contacted us. They let us know everything we needed upfront. It was very smooth and professional. I appreciate their help and there were no hiccups. It was very nice to deal with a company like this. I learned about them from a friend who had an experience with them.

National Cremation response

Hello Steven, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Joe ** is a tremendous asset to National Cremation. As a former entrepreneur/business owner, Joe brings a host of professional skills to the table that inures to the benefit of your organization and its clients. Joe exemplifies "The Golden Rule" in action in the business setting. Without wasted motion or time, Joe expertly helped my wife and I acquire our Cremation Certificates. It was a pleasure to meet with Joe.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Very much satisfied with the National Cremation Society Program. Just what we wanted and needed at a most affordable price. Our salesperson is very knowledgeable and professional in conducting business with company clientele. Highly recommended to those in need.

National Cremation response

Russell, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Fruitland Park, FL office.

Original review: June 13, 2018 It is such a comfort to have this part of our estate planning done. It is a relief for our children to not have to think about this when the time comes that it is needed.

Your sales representative was polite and respectful in all ways. There was no pressure to purchase although it was made clear that doing at the time of his presentation was desirable.

National Cremation response

Georgiene, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Clearwater, FL office.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information

www.nationalcremation.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business