National Cremation Get a Free Quote
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

National Cremation Get a Free Quote

National Cremation Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

My father passed away a couple of years ago and when my mom had gone into a hospice in June, the hospice program told me that we needed to start planning and getting things in order. And the more that we get ahead of time, the less stressful it would be at the end. I received a few mailers through Tidewell and National Cremation & Burial Society was one of them. They were the first people that we called and when we went to an information session at one of the local restaurants, they were fantastic. They put everything at ease and made it as simple as possible for us. We didn’t feel that we even had to go any further than that.

Also, their follow up has been great and they always go above and beyond. They didn’t let anything slip through the cracks. They reminded me of different things that I might wanna think about. At that time, my head was going everywhere, and they were really good about it. They said, “If you don’t know what to ask, here are some of the questions that you wanna ask.” They even said to check out their competition and the different places that we can have the cremation done. And I said that I didn't need to.

Unfortunately, the post office did not take care of the package of my parents’ urns and broke it. National Cremation has been trying to get the situation fixed, but it has been since November. The post office has been giving them the runaround. Other than that, National Cremation was great. We were very happy with them and highly recommend them. My husband and I are going to start planning our affairs for when that time comes so our kids don’t have to worry about it.

National Cremation response

Hello Amy, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of our Sarasota Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother and making your experience as simple as possible!

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was bringing in my mother’s remains because she set up something with National Cremation. And because it was such a smooth process, my husband and I decided to do it the next week. We scheduled to where when we picked the death certificate up, we planned ours right then, too. We had so much going on and not having relatives have to deal with that, just being able to come and sign the papers like we did, we just want it to be that easy for our children. And we don’t want funerals or services. That’s just not what we were into. And my mother did this with what little bit of money she had years ago, and we liked the fact that the price was locked in. We liked the fact that our children wouldn’t have any responsibilities.

We’ve planned regular funerals for other relatives and when we saw the difference, the preplanned was better. You’re able to mourn better, to get out of your shock better, because you’re not doing this big production and it was healthier. It felt healthier to me like the emotions were better. We could rest, we weren’t exhausted, and it just gave us more time for the emotional things and less time for the show, and the hassles. So, it fits our family.

Even the goodbye was better because it was drawn out so long with the others and you had to just wait for each person. This was different. It was fast, and it made us remember the time with them instead of the loss as much. It was less trauma because it wasn’t like we were in denial. We’ve been through the other ones. It’s just we focused on the good things. The very last memories were better. My husband and I were probably not behaving very well because we were kind of irreverent anyway, and we felt really bad for the people that helped us. But they were so good and they tolerated it. Everybody handles it differently. But we were kind of cracking jokes, but we had expected this death for a long time. She had all summers for many years. And so, it was a little bit less traumatic and more of a blessing.

The people from National Cremation were really good and we were not easy to deal with even for salesmen because we like act up. We thought everything was a fun place just for us and we were careful that we weren’t saying it in front of the other customers, but we said things that probably other people wouldn’t say and they were so polite and endured us. The girl that did ours was like her first time she had done that, and she did really well, and it was nice.

We’ve already recommended National Cremation over and over and we said, “Hey, save yourself. Save it.” And also, I had a special situation where I had to ship my mom’s remains far away. She wanted to have her remains where she was born. And so, we had to ship them to a different relative, and they handled it. They told me when the day they sent it even though it was sent to someone else and it was in her hands by then. They still were kind enough to call me and tell me, “It’s there, we’ve shown it’s been received. You don’t have to worry.” So, I didn’t have to bother them because they were in the middle of things. And so, it was nice all the way around.

National Cremation response

Heidi, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. We also would like to welcome you and your husband and we are happy to have you as one of our customers. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mother and I made plans together with National Cremation because my brother died and that was the company that they used. I also read the reviews and I really liked them. They’ve been around for such a long time, too. When I contacted them, I cannot stress how wonderful everything was. On the day I came home from the hospital, I didn’t have the number of the agent and they directed me right away to the local number. And everything was in the database as it should be.

The people in North Fort Myers were absolutely excellent and the rep, Joshua, was amazing. I thought he was gonna want me to upgrade but never once did he mention that. As a result, I saw this glass art thing that you can buy, so I bought one of those. And I didn’t feel pressured at all. He was very compassionate and he explained everything in such detail to me. Having them took a lot of relief and burden off of me and it was such an easy process to do. I wanted to spread ashes in the Gulf here in Florida and Joshua even recommended who to contact.

It was such an overwhelming and emotional time even if you’re expecting someone to pass away. But it was wonderful having Nation Cremation. They went right out and picked up the body that afternoon. They told us why we needed the death certificates and how many we'd need. They also told us what the bank would need. At the time, our heads were in a whirlwind but things were so well-organized with National Cremation. So far, I’ve recommended two people to them but it’s kinda hard to get people to think about what they need to do. But I’m working on it because I’m so thankful that my mother did that for me. It made things so much easier because then I knew what she wanted.

National Cremation response

Sherry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Joshua and the North Fort Myers team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We also welcome you and are honored to have you as one of our customers. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of North Fort Myers, FL office.

Original review: April 25, 2019

People have been telling me about National Cremation & Burial Society and I took advantage of their pre-planning services. Their team was wonderful. They were very informative, professional and compassionate. Working with them through the process was very simple and straightforward. I’m a guardian and I explained the situation. They laid out different options and I told them what I wanted to go with. They were perfectly fine with that and it was all about what I wanted. They didn’t try to add or push anything or make sympathetic suggestions. The family also wanted to provide their own things to put the ashes in and they were perfectly fine with that too and they didn't say that the family had to buy from them. In contrast, when my mother was buried, a rep tried to sell us something bigger and better, saying that it was our last chance to show her respect. But National Cremation never did any of that kind of stuff.

Everything was done in a transparent fashion. They kept me in the loop the whole time, so the process went really well. There were no surprises. They told me what was going to happen, what their timeline was, and what they would do. They said they would call when everything was ready and that I had up to so long to pick things up, and it wasn’t like they were gonna call me and I needed to be there in the next hour. Also, the process was done in a very timely way and the time that it took was actually a lot shorter than I thought it was going to be. I would recommend National Cremation to anyone and I've recommended them to other people.

National Cremation response

Linda, we really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with National Cremation Society. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with his amazing compassionate, informative, and professional care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for your time and kind words. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Years ago, somebody from National Cremation & Burial Society came to the house. I had heard about it from various people over the years. We didn't sign up at first and then decided it might not be a bad idea. I decided to also prepay for everything. Their team was fantastic, especially Jeffrey. He went over and above to handle everything. My husband's death was totally unexpected. Jeffrey helped and guided me through what I had to do. There were certain things I had to go through to check on. I wasn't quite sure how to do it but then he told me how.

We had to go to Chicago for military service. However, we had a hard time finding out when we were gonna get the ashes back. It took quite a bit longer than I thought, but we had to go ahead and plan the service with or without the ashes. It came the day before though. Jeffrey made sure of it.

When my father passed away in San Diego years ago, I went through pretty much the same thing. My idea was a cremation and I decided to prepay for it. Everything worked out so well there, which was why I talked my husband into going through. Mine is arranged the same way as my husband's and the kids how everything is set up. It makes it a lot easier on the family. I would definitely recommend National Cremation & Burial Society.

National Cremation response

Hi Cheryll, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jeffrey and the Phoenix team, we thank you for sharing your experience online and we are glad to hear that he was able to help and guide you through these difficult moments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: March 21, 2020

Cremation services for aunt. Staff at Ruskin office, Catherine ** was patient, available, responsive to my questions and empathetic throughout the process of picking up the body and delivering cremains. We are very grateful for her efforts and professionalism.

National Cremation response

Denise, please accept our condolences on the passing of your aunt. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Catherine and her Ruskin team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with her patient, available, responsive, and empathetic services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Mr. Brendan ** was a consummate professional every step of the way when my Father-in-law passed away. He was very patient, empathetic, understanding and just plain kind as we worked through the planning. He is tremendous asset to your organization. Thank you Brendan for everything - you made taking care of Dad so much more palatable than it could've been due to your demeanor. The process was outlined very well and NCS was in touch with us every step of the way to keep us updated.

National Cremation response

Stephen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your Father-in-law. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Brendan and the Clearwater team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with his patient, empathetic, and understanding services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: March 21, 2020

We would like to share our experience with National Cremation & Burial Society. We worked with Barbara ** and her staff in Sarasota Florida. Ms. ** and her staff were very professional and helpful during this hard time of losing our loved one. Their service from beginning to end was excellent. So our Family would like to thank them for their kindness and understanding of our loss.

Thanks,

The Family of Charles Eugene **

National Cremation response

Patricia, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Barbara and our Sarasota team for their amazing compassion, professionalism, and helpful care for the families that they take into her arms during these difficult times. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Anne ** was wonderful! She explained everything and was very open to answering my questions. She made my decision an easy one. The paperwork was explained to me and the entire process was a pleasant one. I have already received my kit and my cards. I feel confident that pre-planning my end of life wishes, this will make it easier for my family when the time comes.

National Cremation response

Barbara, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Anne and the Ruskin team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of Ruskin, FL office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Cremation of my husband. My family and I were very pleased with the service that was provided. Barbara ** was very thorough, answered our questions and I feel she did her best to expedite the process. She made us feel very comfortable and followed through with everything she said she would do in a timely fashion.

National Cremation response

Hello Janet, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husband. On behalf of Barbara and National Cremation & Burial Society, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information