It's that easy Request Information
4.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

137 National Cremation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Id like to give my highest praise to Sara, in the Leesburg, Florida office. She was kind, patient, and extremely sensitive to our families situation. She went beyond what was actually required to ensure that my mother's experience, during this extremely difficult time, was positive and informative. She was extremely sensitive to my mom's emotional state and made sure that she was comfortable and confident with each decision she had to make. Sara included me in the process and made numerous phone calls to me in Connecticut to make sure I was up to date with every detail regarding my father's cremation. She brought me tremendous comfort during this difficult time and I will always be grateful for her kindness.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The experience was very good. The agent was respectful and thorough in his explanation. My family has used National Cremation in the past (parents and spouse) and each experience was all I could have hoped for.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Excellent service, clearly knowledgeable, zero pressure. We enjoyed our experience so much that we have referred other family members. What a gift to leave to loved ones! Thanks, Fran, you’re good at what you do.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I'm a 66-year old woman that have lost dear friends and I've been there in those last few moments. I was a healthcare surrogate of my neighbor and she chose me to be with her when she passed. It was all part of her Trust. She was a single woman who had no heirs. This was the first time I've dealt with National and everything was just so different this time. The people from National Cremation were so professional. The sensitivity was like they've known me for years and it was very nice.

With National, the way they address everything, from the way they come in, they were so wonderful with the remains. I live in a condominium and the people didn't even know that she had passed. It was so private. They were so sweet and caring. When they took her remains out, it was a beautiful blue drape. The whole thing was just so much more comforting than what I had experienced in years past. I didn't want what had happened to my mom and dad, that was to be in a body bag and have their faces covered.

There was a gentleman there that evening that was in training, and I would never have known it. Even to train a new employee, I was just blown away with how matter of fact it was, how respectful they were, what they shared and their kindness. This was on the 22nd of December and it's more emotional around the holidays but they were wonderful. They called me later and followed up as well. I also got something by email that I'd responded to. There's so much customer service that's whacking in our world, and at the time when I needed people to care the most, they answered the call. I was really impressed. I dealt with Lisa and I told her when I get my tax refund back, I'm gonna go with them as well and plan on my own.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Words cannot express the gratitude and appreciation my family and I have for Catherine and the staff at National Cremation & Burial Society in Ruskin, FL!!! During our most difficult time and lost of our father, Catherine displayed compassion and guided us through the process with the utmost dedication, hard work, and support to make such a difficult and painful process easier. Catherine really listened to our wishes, helping us to have a farewell ceremony for our father with the highest standards to remember and celebrate our father's life and legacy.

Catherine and staff were there with us from the very beginning to the end and beyond, continuing to reach out to us to ensure we were doing well under the circumstances and providing us with resources to help cope with the feelings of grief and loss we experienced. We truly feel that Catherine and her staff showed a lot of sincerity and heart, and they truly care about their customers and the deceased loved ones that come into their care. From planning to preparation of the body to the funeral service to the catering/ repast event following the service, the quality of work was excellent. We will never forget Catherine and her staff. Catherine, you are one in a million; we will never forget you and what you have done for us and our dad!!! We are truly forever grateful and appreciative for Catherine and her staff! Thank you so much!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am extremely satisfied and happy my husband and I chose National Cremation Society. Maryann ** was a godsend. I couldn't have gone through my husband's passing without her. She is genuine and very compassionate.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

A person who came to my house convinced me that National Cremation and Burial Society would be the right company to go with for a preplanned service. A couple of weeks later, my mother passed away and they took care of everything. I didn't have to worry about all the details. The people whom I worked with were very good at what they did. They were very thoughtful and made the process so smooth and easy for me during that time.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We had two aunts who were recently cremated. They died 11 weeks apart and both of them were 91. They had a contract with National Cremation so everything was already paid for. The place is immaculate and the two people worked with us were both excellent. When I called and asked for the office, everyone was very professional. The people that we worked with made everything easy, especially the person who organized both cases with the military. Both my aunts were military and the representative gave me all the information. I really didn't have to do anything. She documented what I needed to do and it worked out great. I was skeptical about National Cremation but after going through that with my aunts, I would definitely and will consider being cremated through them. They were wonderful and I appreciated that.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

We heard about National Cremation and Burial Society through a friend. We went with them and their reps were very helpful and kind. I was very happy with their service and would recommend them if anybody is considering cremation.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My husband used National Cremation for my mother-in-law in 1988 and we also had signed up with them a couple years ago because this is the way we want it to go. I had all the papers and everything handy. All I had to do was make a phone call and make an appointment, and they took care of everything. We were not pressured in any way and we could have walked away. But we decided that’s the way we wanted to go and it was a positive experience to do it. We were treated respectfully and gently by their local staff. They’re also sending me the weekly notes, which I find very interesting. I found it easy to read and I agree with everything that they’re saying on what happens to you at the time of grieving.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My mom had her funeral pre-arranged, which was really a cool idea. They had a meeting at her church about four years ago. She already had her funeral arranged at Serenity Gardens. Then when the National Cremation Society came to the church, she was interested. She signed up from there and it was really nice of my mom to do that for us, her kids and for me, as a child and the baby of four children. I'm the youngest but I'm also the executor and I helped plan her entire stuff. She didn't have a lot of money. So I've been paying out of my own wallet for all of her additional expenses. If I would have had to pay for the cremation on top of everything else, that money would have had to come from somewhere until we settled her estate. So it was wonderful that she prepared for financial reasons and the sadness of it.

It was bad enough going and spending time with Brandon at the National Cremation Society discussing this. At least I didn't have to make any decisions that day. I had planned funerals before. For my grandfather's funeral, I went with my mother to do that. He hadn't pre-paid for his and we were at the funeral homes for three hours, just picking everything out. I did that same thing with my dad. But for my mom's funeral, the decisions were already done for me. I just followed through as what her desire was and then I bought prayer cards and paid for her obituary. It was the coolest thing having my mom plan her own funeral. The memory of that is an awesome memory. Now knowing this, it makes me wanna prepare myself. It was a really nice experience having it. It was unreal. It was easier.

I had called Joyce at the front desk a few times and she was wonderful. The worst experience we had with all of it was getting the doctors to sign off on the cause of death before the National Cremation Society could cremate my mom. Her funeral was going to be on the 19th so I called National Cremation Society on the 14th. I wanted to make sure I was gonna be able to pick up her ashes on Friday, the 18th. They put me on the phone with Brandon and he said that she had not even been cremated yet. So she was in the freezer from the third of January to the 16th.

I really got upset because getting the sign-off is something that could have been done in one day. After five or six days, why did somebody not call from the National Cremation Society? It wasn't like my mom was an unidentified person. It wasn't like she died and needed to be autopsied. So that was mortifying for me. I don't know if that's common practice. But I'm assuming that no one followed through. They might have done it but I don't know. Aside from that though, the experience was very wonderful. And Brandon was such a nice person.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

My daughter found National Cremation, a place close to my house, and the gentleman we dealt with was so nice and human. They understand the situation when these things happen and they did a wonderful job. It was amazing. They provided good service and I appreciated it. We recommend the place. Good job, National Cremation. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Wow, somewhere in the initial presentation I must have missed the advisory that my box would show up in the mail and that was a shock when with no warning I opened the carton and viola that is where my ashes will be placed. Quite a surprise!

National Cremation response

Ron, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Minneapolis, MN office.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I really liked Carol ** who sold me my plan. She explained things in a way that I could understand. I purchased the plan on 12/19/2018. On 12/22/2018 I received a thank you letter from NCS. In the letter it said I would receive my new memento kit. But nothing has arrived as of this writing (1/20/2019). Maybe you can check into this. Thank you.

National Cremation response

Carol, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Carol and the Denver team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Denver, CO office. We will follow up with you to advise an update on your merchandise. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Quoted $1700 on phone. Bill came over $1775. All other companies in area were $700-$900. Linda's response was that all other prices did not include everything. Well neither did hers, even at double the price. Still haven't received promised flag.

National Cremation response

Rhonda, we wish to express our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. National Cremation Society always works to provide the highest quality of service, and we deeply apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced our pricing. Please understand that we listen to all criticism and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and for not meeting your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Was exceptional due to abilities of Pre-Arrangement Counselor Anne **. Besides being outstanding in her job, I benefited from her wide, superior knowledge of other services a senior community member might need at that time of life. She was extremely helpful, had opinions confirming what I'd heard from others so was able to put my mind to rest, and invited me to recontact her if I needed further assistance.

National Cremation response

Rita, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Anne and the Sarasota team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of Sarasota, FL office.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I used National Cremation & Burial Society for my husband's last wishes. They responded in a timely manner, and they treated the body with dignity, and made it easy for the staff to complete the process. It impressed me that they always brought flowers to place on the stretcher for the resident. It was a nice little touch. Their reps were very professional. The person that I dealt with was Lisa. She answered all my questions and made it very easy for me at the time. Subsequently, I prepaid my arrangements, my mother's and my sister's. We've used them for my mother, and we were very happy with how much support the staff gave us. I've told several friends that National Cremation was a good organization.

National Cremation response

Hello Alice-Marie, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your husbands and mother. On behalf of Lisa and National Cremation & Burial Society, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation prearrangement needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Randy is such a huge help and even going the extra mile to make it easier on us during such a grievous time. As a family we were so impressed and relieved from the stress and pressure in handling such matters that we view him and his staff as a blessing and an answer from our prayers.

National Cremation response

Mary, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Ryan and the Riverside team of National Cremation Service, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with his kind, caring, and warm services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

National Cremation was very professional and helpful during such a difficult time. They were great at listening to our story and there was no rush to make any decisions. I've had both my parents and now my brother cremated with them and my family was very well taken care of. I would recommend their services.

National Cremation response

Leah, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our recent service and our past services that we provided you and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I made an appointment to find out about cremation. I signed up for payment ahead of my demize. Thought it was a good idea. It also allowed a better level of chatting with my children about death and what needs to be accomplished when I die. Thanks for the opportunity to talk about the subject of cremation.

National Cremation response

Cynthia, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Detroit, MI office.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The presentation by the National Cremation representative was thorough and easily understood. All the questions asked by me and my wife were answered and relevant to our particular situation. For example, our families live a number of states away from us. In addition, the representative was very personable and did not pressure us in any way. We signed a contract at this meeting and are confident that all our needs will be met when the time of death comes.

National Cremation response

Bill, we welcome you and your wife and we are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you both were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation Society of Noth Palm Beach, FL office.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My parents signed up for National Cremation & Burial Society. They planned this, all they wanted was their body to be picked up, cremated, and sent to Arlington. We appreciate that nobody tried to give us any religious consult in everything as we're atheists. When I called National Cremation, they came and picked up the body, they gave me all the information I needed, set everything up to go to Arlington, and they didn’t bother me. They were perfect, just the way I liked it. Simone was amazing. The interactions I had in West Palm Beach with her and her team were flawless. Everything was done correctly, honestly, and on time. My parents died within a year of each other and each time was handled professionally, quickly, expediently, and with very little chit-chat. I was happy with National Cremation at both times.

National Cremation response

Pierrette, please accept our condolences on the passing of both of your parents. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Simone and the North Palm Beach team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I liked National Cremation's location. The man that was there, Darren, was excellent. He was very understanding and kind. Don't hesitate to go with National Cremation. They were very considerate and thorough, and they handled everything. The pricing was very fair, too.

National Cremation response

Hi Warrenetta, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Daren and the Las Vegas team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. Thank you for your kind words

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

It was a pleasant experience with National Cremation. Everything went very smoothly. Everything that I asked for was done. We had a beautiful service at the National Cemetery for military and everything was handled. I’m a detail person, and I double-checked, and everything was already done for me.

National Cremation response

Estelle, please accept our heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your loved one. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review online. We appreciate your feedback and are very pleased you were satisfied with our services. Take care.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We signed up with National Cremation four years ago and I have had an excellent experience with them. Their team is very good at their job. The pre-planned service was convenient and all was taken care of. They were very professional, low-key and not religious or sappy. They had a good personality and there was humor at times when it was necessary.

National Cremation response

Susan, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I want to thank National Cremation & Burial Society for their compassionate and professional services with the arrangements for cremation of our loved one. Special thanks to Lori and Simone for helping me and my family by handling all the processes of final life arrangements for our Aunt. Thank you, thank you.

National Cremation response

Hello Wendy, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your aunt. On behalf of Lori, Simone, and the North Palm Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of her cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your aunt!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We had a good experience and were pleased with the professionalism that was used on a sensitive subject. The company response has been equally professional. All the literature and correspondence has been excellent as well.

National Cremation response

Gary, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of Sarasota, FL office.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My parents bought a plan with National Cremation and my mother dealt with them when my father passed away 15 years ago. They were very helpful with my father’s burial as well as with my mother’s. When she was ill, I talked to Cindy, the gal in the office, who answered the phone. Indira, the agent, was outstanding and the information she gave me was very clear. If I made mistakes on some forms, she would notify me and send me the correct things to fill out. The experience with them was wonderful and they were great.

National Cremation response

Hello Nancy, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your mother. On behalf of the Ruskin Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of their cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your mother

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

My father passed away rather suddenly, although not unexpected. We had done no preparation for this. I called them because they were close to where my dad had passed. Jeff could not have been nicer and any more comforting. They had someone at the nursing care facility within hours and she, Jessica was lovely. The questions that had to be asked were done with consideration and empathy. When I had to go to the office to make cremation decisions I never felt as I was be 'upcharged' for anything. The cremation was done in a timely manner and when I had to go pick up the remains, I felt such care and empathy for my feelings. I would recommend this business any time! Many thanks to them for all they did for me and my family during this difficult time.

National Cremation response

Hello Eve, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your father. On behalf of Jeff, Jessica, and the Phoenix Team, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of his cremation needs during these difficult times. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. We want to thank you again for allowing us the honor of serving your family and taking care of your father!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I couldn't have asked for anyone better than Catherine to help me through the process and arrangements for my father in law. I had other terribly stressful family circumstances happening and she was most understanding, like an old friend. I'm very grateful for everything she did and I thank the entire staff. Everyone was awesome!

National Cremation response

Christina, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father-in-law. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Catherine and her amazing compassion, love, and care for the families that she takes into her care during these difficult times.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

Profile picture of David Chandler, Ph.D.
David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information