National Cremation Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.60/5

National Cremation has been offering premium cremation & burial services since 1973. Whether you are looking to plan ahead or are in need of immediate assistance, our experienced & caring professionals are ready to assist you during your time of grieving. Contact us today or visit our website to learn more about our cremation & burial services.

National Cremation Request Information

National Cremation Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was bringing in my mother’s remains because she set up something with National Cremation. And because it was such a smooth process, my husband and I decided to do it the next week. We scheduled to where when we picked the death certificate up, we planned ours right then, too. We had so much going on and not having relatives have to deal with that, just being able to come and sign the papers like we did, we just want it to be that easy for our children. And we don’t want funerals or services. That’s just not what we were into. And my mother did this with what little bit of money she had years ago, and we liked the fact that the price was locked in. We liked the fact that our children wouldn’t have any responsibilities.

We’ve planned regular funerals for other relatives and when we saw the difference, the preplanned was better. You’re able to mourn better, to get out of your shock better, because you’re not doing this big production and it was healthier. It felt healthier to me like the emotions were better. We could rest, we weren’t exhausted, and it just gave us more time for the emotional things and less time for the show, and the hassles. So, it fits our family.

Even the goodbye was better because it was drawn out so long with the others and you had to just wait for each person. This was different. It was fast, and it made us remember the time with them instead of the loss as much. It was less trauma because it wasn’t like we were in denial. We’ve been through the other ones. It’s just we focused on the good things. The very last memories were better. My husband and I were probably not behaving very well because we were kind of irreverent anyway, and we felt really bad for the people that helped us. But they were so good and they tolerated it. Everybody handles it differently. But we were kind of cracking jokes, but we had expected this death for a long time. She had all summers for many years. And so, it was a little bit less traumatic and more of a blessing.

The people from National Cremation were really good and we were not easy to deal with even for salesmen because we like act up. We thought everything was a fun place just for us and we were careful that we weren’t saying it in front of the other customers, but we said things that probably other people wouldn’t say and they were so polite and endured us. The girl that did ours was like her first time she had done that, and she did really well, and it was nice.

We’ve already recommended National Cremation over and over and we said, “Hey, save yourself. Save it.” And also, I had a special situation where I had to ship my mom’s remains far away. She wanted to have her remains where she was born. And so, we had to ship them to a different relative, and they handled it. They told me when the day they sent it even though it was sent to someone else and it was in her hands by then. They still were kind enough to call me and tell me, “It’s there, we’ve shown it’s been received. You don’t have to worry.” So, I didn’t have to bother them because they were in the middle of things. And so, it was nice all the way around.

National Cremation response

Heidi, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. We also would like to welcome you and your husband and we are happy to have you as one of our customers. Thank you for your kind words.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My mother and I made plans together with National Cremation because my brother died and that was the company that they used. I also read the reviews and I really liked them. They’ve been around for such a long time, too. When I contacted them, I cannot stress how wonderful everything was. On the day I came home from the hospital, I didn’t have the number of the agent and they directed me right away to the local number. And everything was in the database as it should be.

The people in North Fort Myers were absolutely excellent and the rep, Joshua, was amazing. I thought he was gonna want me to upgrade but never once did he mention that. As a result, I saw this glass art thing that you can buy, so I bought one of those. And I didn’t feel pressured at all. He was very compassionate and he explained everything in such detail to me. Having them took a lot of relief and burden off of me and it was such an easy process to do. I wanted to spread ashes in the Gulf here in Florida and Joshua even recommended who to contact.

It was such an overwhelming and emotional time even if you’re expecting someone to pass away. But it was wonderful having Nation Cremation. They went right out and picked up the body that afternoon. They told us why we needed the death certificates and how many we'd need. They also told us what the bank would need. At the time, our heads were in a whirlwind but things were so well-organized with National Cremation. So far, I’ve recommended two people to them but it’s kinda hard to get people to think about what they need to do. But I’m working on it because I’m so thankful that my mother did that for me. It made things so much easier because then I knew what she wanted.

National Cremation response

Sherry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your brother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Joshua and the North Fort Myers team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We also welcome you and are honored to have you as one of our customers. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of North Fort Myers, FL office.

Original review: April 25, 2019

People have been telling me about National Cremation & Burial Society and I took advantage of their pre-planning services. Their team was wonderful. They were very informative, professional and compassionate. Working with them through the process was very simple and straightforward. I’m a guardian and I explained the situation. They laid out different options and I told them what I wanted to go with. They were perfectly fine with that and it was all about what I wanted. They didn’t try to add or push anything or make sympathetic suggestions. The family also wanted to provide their own things to put the ashes in and they were perfectly fine with that too and they didn't say that the family had to buy from them. In contrast, when my mother was buried, a rep tried to sell us something bigger and better, saying that it was our last chance to show her respect. But National Cremation never did any of that kind of stuff.

Everything was done in a transparent fashion. They kept me in the loop the whole time, so the process went really well. There were no surprises. They told me what was going to happen, what their timeline was, and what they would do. They said they would call when everything was ready and that I had up to so long to pick things up, and it wasn’t like they were gonna call me and I needed to be there in the next hour. Also, the process was done in a very timely way and the time that it took was actually a lot shorter than I thought it was going to be. I would recommend National Cremation to anyone and I've recommended them to other people.

National Cremation response

Linda, we really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online with National Cremation Society. We are pleased to hear that you and your family are satisfied with his amazing compassionate, informative, and professional care for the families that we take into our arms during these difficult moments. Thank you for your time and kind words. Please know that we are always here to help. Take care.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Years ago, somebody from National Cremation & Burial Society came to the house. I had heard about it from various people over the years. We didn't sign up at first and then decided it might not be a bad idea. I decided to also prepay for everything. Their team was fantastic, especially Jeffrey. He went over and above to handle everything. My husband's death was totally unexpected. Jeffrey helped and guided me through what I had to do. There were certain things I had to go through to check on. I wasn't quite sure how to do it but then he told me how.

We had to go to Chicago for military service. However, we had a hard time finding out when we were gonna get the ashes back. It took quite a bit longer than I thought, but we had to go ahead and plan the service with or without the ashes. It came the day before though. Jeffrey made sure of it.

When my father passed away in San Diego years ago, I went through pretty much the same thing. My idea was a cremation and I decided to prepay for it. Everything worked out so well there, which was why I talked my husband into going through. Mine is arranged the same way as my husband's and the kids how everything is set up. It makes it a lot easier on the family. I would definitely recommend National Cremation & Burial Society.

National Cremation response

Hi Cheryll, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation Society. We are very sorry for the loss of your husband. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that you chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Jeffrey and the Phoenix team, we thank you for sharing your experience online and we are glad to hear that he was able to help and guide you through these difficult moments.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I saw an advertisement for National Cremation when I was living in Arizona and they appeared to be more national so I could go anywhere. The persons whom I dealt with over in Riverside could not have been better. They were very accommodating. When I had questions, they had answers. Even if I wasn’t sure what I needed to ask, they seemed to understand and they would have the right answer for me. People grieve in different ways and the person whom I dealt with there was sensitive with how I was reacting. He approached things to fit my approach. It was easy dealing with him because he came to my house and we got all the paperwork taken care of.

However, there should be a way that I as a pre-purchaser of the services can go in and change my address if I’ve moved so that I can figure out who’s the closest provider in case something happens. When I had to actually deal with somebody to get my domestic partner cremated, it was not that way. Their website is supposed to be national, with different locations in different cities, and they should have helped in directing me as to where the closest place would be. Still, the service was handled extremely well.

National Cremation response

Hi Larry, thank you so much for sharing your experience with National Cremation. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that we were able to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of the Riverside team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. If you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Cremation?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

It seemed like National Cremation was dedicated to the cremation process so it would be different than going to a regular funeral home. It might have been a misconception on my part but it worked out. It was fantastic dealing with them and it couldn’t have been better.

National Cremation response

Taylor, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I’m out of state, I'm living in Texas, and my father passed away in Florida. I had no recourse other than to just rely on the internet and the reviews online. We googled National Cremation and they have very good reviews and comments. Plus, they are a national company and that gave me a little bit more secure feeling. There are cheaper companies out there, but at the end of the day, I just had confidence that they would do what they said they would do more than anything, so we went with a larger company than just one person that does this service.

When somebody passes away, one's already distraught and they made it very easy. They handled everything professionally and quickly. They did everything they promised they would do. What stood out to me was they were willing to take calls after hours and one even on the weekend. I called them at 8 o’clock at night and I got a call back. They weren’t like, “Oh, we open at 8:00 and 5:00.” They were very flexible in dealing with us and helped us quite a bit. My dad was at a hospice and they stepped in and said, “We’ll take care of this.” And that felt good. They also found somebody for me and I have that person. She made herself available to me very much so. For these reasons, I would definitely use them again when I come in a situation and if they have a location where I need it.

National Cremation response

Lisa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you from a long-distance during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

The staff at the NCS were wonderful to deal with. Elizabeth ** was especially knowledgeable and helpful in the process of carrying out my mother's wishes for her cremation. I would recommend their services to everyone.

National Cremation response

Robert, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Elizabeth and her Oviedo team of National Cremation & Burial Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with her knowledgeable and helpful services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

My mother died unexpectedly on Thanksgiving, National Cremation Society came out in an hour, they were very professional and empathetic. Maryann handled all of the arrangements, she was so kind and knowledgeable. I highly recommend them!!

National Cremation response

Shannon, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Maryann and her Detroit team of National Cremation Society, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our professional, knowledgeable, and empathetic services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

We signed up with National Cremation because we liked they are financially sound, we liked the payment plan and just felt what they presented to us really fits our needs. Their presentation was great and answered all questions. Signing up was easy and we feel they will take care of what they promised to do.

National Cremation response

Cheryl, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the National Cremation & Burial Society of Oviedo, FL office.

National Cremation expert review by David Chandler, Ph.D.

The National Cremation Society has helped over 160,000 families honor their loved ones. It was founded in 1973. National Cremation can help you with both pre-planning and immediate cremation needs.

• Prepaying service: National Cremation can help you prepay for cremation. Available experts can walk you through every step of the process.

• Veteran’s cremation service: National Cremation takes care of cremation services for veterans. They make sure families receive the benefits they deserve.

• Burial service: Some National Cremation sites offer burial services as well. Check the company website for a full list of locations that offer burial services.

• Free quote: Contact National Cremation online or over the phone to receive a free quote for their services.

• Online catalog: View National Cremation’s selection of urns, statues, pendants and more online.

• Best for: people who are planning for cremation or burial services and people who need these services immediately.

by David Chandler, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

David Chandler, Ph.D., writes for the ConsumerAffairs Research team to help consumers make smart purchasing decisions. David is passionate about creating content that is useful and informative, and he devotes several hours to researching companies, industries and articles for each piece of content he writes to help consumers find what they need.

National Cremation Company Information