Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I did it all via the internet, everything is easy to understand. Everything came in a timely manner. On my recommendation my Mother and Father also purchased with the Cremation Society of Virginia. My Mother did hers via phone and computer and found the person to be both friendly and helpful.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Brandy, we welcome you and your parents and we are also happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you and your parents with your pre-plannings. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I wanted to make arrangements for myself so that my family wouldn't be burdened when my time came. Having had the experience with my late husband and all the chaos that went on between everyone I wanted this to be simple and final.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Maria, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Chantilly, VA office.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I would like to extend my gratitude to Bobby ** and Tamara for the great service they provided me. They were great and they made sure everything was perfect with no worry or hassle! I would refer CSV of Charlottesville to anyone! Thanks again guys, I really appreciate you!

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Nicole, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi & Tamara, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Signing up and doing paper work was very easy since representative talked us through it. We ordered biodegradable Urns and unfortunately the wrong urns were shipped to us. We are waiting replacements. We also received a letter within minutes of signing up thanking us for our business (which I thought was a little strange). They might want to think their final salutation on the letter. "Warmest regards" seems a little insensitive from a cremation society.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Steven, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also very sorry that you encountered an inconvenience with the replacement urn. It is our understanding that our Sales Manager Cliff reached out to you and provided assistance in regards to your concerns. We are aware that he was able to assist you and that you are satisfied. Thank you very much for your feedback and for bringing this up to our attention. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at our Chantilly, VA office.

Original review: April 18, 2020

I hope during these tumultuous times of Covid - 19, that CSV will come through with flying colors. I also hope that my family members can come on board. Sounds like a good thing to be prepared for and I like that CSV has sent me an excellent kit and a payment plan that has already started.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Carol, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Chantilly, VA office.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I discussed options with a funeral home and found the expense too much of a burden. The CSV plan offered options to meet most needs and a program which seemed fiscally responsible. I won't be able to validate their promises but trust in CSV. The travel return home of my body was a positive feature as we plan on out of state travel in retirement. I have referred friends to CSV.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Richard, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: April 17, 2020

We were very pleased with the process, the necessary paperwork, the information provided and detailed explanation of our preplanned cremation arrangements. Our funeral director, Kristan **, of the Cremation Society of Virginia - Richmond office was excellent. She made the planning process painless. She was very informative and answered all of our questions with respect.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Elizabeth, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Kristan and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: April 17, 2020

Kristan ** was great! She presented the program very well, answered all questions to everyone's satisfaction. She was very prompt and professional in all her interactions with me, and handled my contract extremely efficiently. As a result I'm very happy with CSV.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Robert, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Kristan and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: April 16, 2020

When my husband suddenly passed away during this Covid 19 epidemic I turned to Cremation Society of VA to carry out his wish to be cremated. Tamara was there to assist. She was a bright light during a very dark time. Tamara was a professional and offered assistance when I needed it most.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Jo Anna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Tamara and our Charlottesville team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with her professional assistance and that we were able to be the light for you during this difficult time.

Original review: April 16, 2020

When you lose a loved one suddenly, stress and tensions are high. Upon first contacting Cremation Society of Virginia, customer service was caring and understanding, and eager to assist us. Everything was handled by phone until the day of receiving the remains. They were very helpful when deciding to pre-arrange for the next parents plans. Would highly recommend.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Terri, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our caring and understanding services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information