It's that easy Request Information
4.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Bobbi ** was so helpful and kind during this tragic family time. We appreciated her help so much. She was knowledgeable and too so much time explaining the process to us. She walked us through from start to finish, answering all of our questions.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Sarah, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi and the Charlottesville team of Cremation Society of Virginia, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our kind and helpful services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Cremation package purchased. The sales representative was very pleasant and accommodating. Took a very short time to get the details and sign up. Having this package makes me feel better in that I won't be imposing a hefty cost on my children whenever I end up passing away.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Miriam, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia office at Chantilly, VA.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Questions were answered and would recommend to others. Stress Free Experience. Purchased the cremation services with the travel plan as well. Both my boyfriend and I purchased and were explained everything in detail. The kit arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Debra, we welcome you and your boyfriends as we are happy to have you both as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia office at Richmond.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

When I needed to change my credit card billing information, I had trouble locating information about how to do this on the web. In error, I contacted the other Cremation websites in Virginia twice and was advised that I was not in their database. Can you make it clearer to consumers about your contact data?

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hello Janet, thank you very much for reaching out to us and for your time as we do appreciate your rating. Also, we want to sincerely apologize for the confusion that you encountered on our website in regards to making changes to your file. To access your account and make changes, you can visit our home page (https://virginiacremate.com/) and click on "Online Payment" located on the top right of our home page. This will ask you to log in or register if you dont have an account registered in our systems. Also, please keep in mind that our Customer Service team is available at any time and they can take care of this concern on spot over the phone for you. You can reach them at 888-624-3310 or please reach out to your home office directly. Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and please reach out to us if you ever have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bobbi Jo and Barb were extremely kind and helpful. I didn’t know what I was doing nor know what questions to ask. They helped me get through a difficult time. I thank them for being there for me. I highly recommend the Virginia Cremation Society.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

June, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi and Barb from the Charlottesville team of Cremation Society of Virginia, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: July 12, 2019

All of the staff was very professional and caring in the process of my father's cremation. Liz was very efficient and very helpful with any questions we had. We had problems with another cremation company which my parents had a contract with and Liz made it so much easier for us. We will most likely use this facility in the future.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hi Wendy, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Cremation Society of Virginia. We are very sorry for the loss of your father. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored that your family chose us to help you through this difficult time. On behalf of Liz and the Richmond team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are glad to hear that Liz went above and beyond to make this tough situation easier to manage. Thank you for your kind words and please know that we are always here to help. Take Care.

Original review: June 14, 2019

At a troubling time, CSV was actually comforting. The efficiency, confidence, and friendly service made the process very easy. Virtually everything was accomplished with a couple of phone calls and a few email exchanges. They made sure everything was professional, perfect, and documentation was impeccable.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Michael, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our efficient, confident, and friendly services and that our team was professional and comforting to help you and your family during this troubling time.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I recently purchased the pre-burial plan for my mother. The service was wonderful. Gil is the gentleman who helped me through the process. He answered questions, was very courteous, and made sure I was satisfied with my choices. I left knowing this was the right decision.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Cathy, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Gil and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia - Richmond, VA office.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Given very informative briefing and made it so simple and basic to understand. He was thought and thorough and really a blessing. My first meeting was very pleasant. Then he was very thoughtful in following up. Documents came through quickly. When I had to make a change in family history he was quick and efficient. Overall a very good experience...

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Kim and Lisa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information