Cremation Society of Virginia Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.86/5

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Request Information

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

At a difficult time when you have lost a loved one the Cremation Society of VA took care of all of the details. Having become a member prior to passing made things even more affordable. Our mother passed very peacefully at home and the Cremation society was notified by Hospice and they arrived within the hour. They honored all of our wishes and were very professional. They respected my mother and listened to us. They inquired about our well being as well. They kept in touch to inform us when the remains could be retrieved along with the death certificates. We did not have to go through any expensive funeral home services.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I Called them, they instructed me what to do. They came so discreetly, I was so impressed. They took my dad from the house with a quilt over him!!!! Nice touch! The van they used was so discrete, clean and nice. Everyone was professional and friendly. I would choose this every time. Do not get the witnessed cremation - there is nothing to see and it's industrial. Don't do it!!!! I am seriously thinking of paying for my own cremation Now and I am 45 yrs old. It's a no brainer for me. My whole family is on board. We were pleasantly surprised!!! We used Lewis Botanical Gardens for his celebration of life ceremony. Thanks!!!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I lost my partner John at the end of August. As I'd never had anyone close to me die before I really didn't know what to expect. The hospice service made the call for me and relayed all the relevant details; the CSV staff were here within an hour and a half. They were very kind and considerate; I was called the next day to come in and arrange the details. There was no pressure, they just wanted to know what I wanted for John and what he had wanted for himself. They were very upfront about how their services would be carried out and there time-frames were accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the necessity present itself.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had pre-paid my husband's cremation with another crematory. When the nursing home sent my husband to the wrong crematory, Cremation Society of Richmond matched the price I had paid, and contacted the other crematory to get my payment changed over. I had no extra stress to deal with. Thank you very much.

Debbie

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Debbie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was very pleased with Cremation Society of Virginia. Jeff, who manages the office in Charlottesville, Virginia, was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no upselling and pressure. Plus, the cremation was done very quickly and the death certificates came much faster than they had told us to expect, which was a nice surprise. Then from there, they followed up with grief counseling. They called me about it and I signed up for their email. I would highly recommend Cremation Society of Virginia.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hello Ann, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Jeff and the Cremation Society of Virginia, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I appreciated the care and compassion shown by the person who took my mother’s body away. I also appreciated that there was no talk about money at that moment. When doing all of the official paperwork I appreciated the kindness and respect shown by staff and how I was not pressured to buy anything other than that which I requested.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

The process of arranging for our cremation was relatively painless. The information we received was easy to understand. We are happy that this portion of our departure is complete. Our goal was to make sure our children would not have to deal with this process at the last minute and we have achieved that.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Kristen has been a pleasure to work with ~ answering all of my questions and providing guidance to all aspects of this important decision. Their followup with the details of the planning have been exceptional. CSV has been a pleasure to work with during this process.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I can only say one thing. Wife died. We have prepaid contact. I could not found. Anyone like yours. Since I don't drive they picked me up. Explained everything. When said they would have every thing thing and would bring her to me. Every that was explained to me. What they did was way out of their job. I would recommend them in a second.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

At this time in your life you are not thinking of everything and are overwhelmed by everything. But Clarence walked us through it and was understanding and caring. We were very thankful for his communication and concern for us. The prices are very affordable and the people are wonderful, a great combination.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information