It's that easy Request Information
5.00/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

9 Cremation Society of Virginia Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

My son and I were very pleased by the courtesy and kindness of Baby Jo, who dealt with my husband's death and cremation request at the office here in Charlottesville. She and the office made this trying time a far less stressful one than we had anticipated. It could not have gone more smoothly and we are grateful.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I called on a Sunday night and after speaking with the first person, might have been two, I began to regret using an online service. Those people were not friendly or compassionate. I felt I made a mistake. Then Bobby Jo **, Charlottesville, took over and she was wonderful. Kind, friendly and gave specific and detailed instructions so that I completed all the forms correctly the first time. Let me scan documents and drivers licenses so we could move forward without any travel time by me. She gets 5 gold stars.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Karen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi and the Charlottesville team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that Bobbi was able to turn your experience around to provide excellent care and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had pre-paid my husband's cremation with another crematory. When the nursing home sent my husband to the wrong crematory, Cremation Society of Richmond matched the price I had paid, and contacted the other crematory to get my payment changed over. I had no extra stress to deal with. Thank you very much.

Debbie

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Debbie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was very pleased with Cremation Society of Virginia. Jeff, who manages the office in Charlottesville, Virginia, was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no upselling and pressure. Plus, the cremation was done very quickly and the death certificates came much faster than they had told us to expect, which was a nice surprise. Then from there, they followed up with grief counseling. They called me about it and I signed up for their email. I would highly recommend Cremation Society of Virginia.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hello Ann, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Jeff and the Cremation Society of Virginia, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Given very informative briefing and made it so simple and basic to understand. He was thought and thorough and really a blessing. My first meeting was very pleasant. Then he was very thoughtful in following up. Documents came through quickly. When I had to make a change in family history he was quick and efficient. Overall a very good experience...

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Kim and Lisa, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Bobbi Jo and Barb were extremely kind and helpful. I didn’t know what I was doing nor know what questions to ask. They helped me get through a difficult time. I thank them for being there for me. I highly recommend the Virginia Cremation Society.

Original review: June 14, 2019

At a troubling time, CSV was actually comforting. The efficiency, confidence, and friendly service made the process very easy. Virtually everything was accomplished with a couple of phone calls and a few email exchanges. They made sure everything was professional, perfect, and documentation was impeccable.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Michael, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our efficient, confident, and friendly services and that our team was professional and comforting to help you and your family during this troubling time.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I recently purchased the pre-burial plan for my mother. The service was wonderful. Gil is the gentleman who helped me through the process. He answered questions, was very courteous, and made sure I was satisfied with my choices. I left knowing this was the right decision.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Cathy, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Gil and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia - Richmond, VA office.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information