Cremation Society of Virginia Request Information
Accredited Partner

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.79/5

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Request Information

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 18, 2020

The representative of CSV was very friendly and personable. She showed compassion and willingness to help wherever she could. CSV was able to deliver as promise when promised. However, it was to my disappointment that they did not offer to handle putting the obituaries in the paper.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Benjamin please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time. We apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered with the obituaries.

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

At a difficult time when you have lost a loved one the Cremation Society of VA took care of all of the details. Having become a member prior to passing made things even more affordable. Our mother passed very peacefully at home and the Cremation society was notified by Hospice and they arrived within the hour. They honored all of our wishes and were very professional. They respected my mother and listened to us. They inquired about our well being as well. They kept in touch to inform us when the remains could be retrieved along with the death certificates. We did not have to go through any expensive funeral home services.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Yukiko, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our professional services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult moment with dignity and respect.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I Called them, they instructed me what to do. They came so discreetly, I was so impressed. They took my dad from the house with a quilt over him!!!! Nice touch! The van they used was so discrete, clean and nice. Everyone was professional and friendly. I would choose this every time. Do not get the witnessed cremation - there is nothing to see and it's industrial. Don't do it!!!! I am seriously thinking of paying for my own cremation Now and I am 45 yrs old. It's a no brainer for me. My whole family is on board. We were pleasantly surprised!!! We used Lewis Botanical Gardens for his celebration of life ceremony. Thanks!!!!

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Dayna, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I lost my partner John at the end of August. As I'd never had anyone close to me die before I really didn't know what to expect. The hospice service made the call for me and relayed all the relevant details; the CSV staff were here within an hour and a half. They were very kind and considerate; I was called the next day to come in and arrange the details. There was no pressure, they just wanted to know what I wanted for John and what he had wanted for himself. They were very upfront about how their services would be carried out and there time-frames were accurate. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again should the necessity present itself.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Heidi, please accept our condolences on the passing of your partner John. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our very kind and considerate services and that we were able to help guide you during this difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was very pleased with Cremation Society of Virginia. Jeff, who manages the office in Charlottesville, Virginia, was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no upselling and pressure. Plus, the cremation was done very quickly and the death certificates came much faster than they had told us to expect, which was a nice surprise. Then from there, they followed up with grief counseling. They called me about it and I signed up for their email. I would highly recommend Cremation Society of Virginia.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hello Ann, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Jeff and the Cremation Society of Virginia, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: March 20, 2020

Kristen was knowledgeable and helpful. We are thankful for her and your service. Planning for your final resting can be very emotional. With this service loved ones have little to worry about for final life events. Now we can continue our lives knowing that plans are made and there will be no decisions to be made on our passing. Thanks.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Lloyd, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Kristen and our Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia of Richmond, VA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Our mother passed away during the on a Sunday evening. We had not yet made arraignments but with one call at 1:45 in the morning we were able to make contact and with 30 minutes 2 representatives were there to assist us. The next day we met at their offices and they made the entire process very easy and with compassion.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Robert, please accept our condolences on the passing of your mother. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our easy and compassionate services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Courteous compassionate staff. Would recommend to others. Like convenience of payment plan. Like availability to pick up remains from other locations. Was impressed with how fast the urn package came. Easy sign up. Like convenience of actual location of offices. Initial information session was great.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Kathy, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at our Richmond, VA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I do not personally believe in cremation, but when my adult daughter died suddenly I found myself named next of kin responsible for carrying out the stated wishes of both my daughter and boyfriend. We were referred to CSV of Charlottesville, VA, and Director Bobbi Jo ** provided genuine caring and sterling quality service. She made it seem like we were the only family on her client list, but I know she had many more at the same time.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Ron, please accept our condolences on the passing of your daughter. We really appreciate hearing your feedback and your experience online. We are pleased to hear that you and your family were satisfied with Bobbi Jo and her genuine caring and sterling quality service for the families that she takes into her arms during these difficult times. Thank you for your kind words.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

Our experience with CSV was excellent. My Dad died unexpectedly and after a recommendation we contacted CSV to handle the arrangements. Everyone was very professional, kind, and patient as they explained the process. In fact, my wife and I were so impressed, we pre-arranged our affairs based on our experience with my Dad.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Gary, please accept our condolences on the passing of your father. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of our Richmond team of Cremation Society of Virginia, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our professional, kind, and patient services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information