It's that easy Request Information
4.89/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

The service I received was excellent. The people I dealt with were very caring and compassionate. Everything was handled extremely professional yet very personalized. I was very pleased with the price as well. I thank you all for your wonderful service during the most difficult time of my life. I will certainly recommend the Virginia Cremation Society to others. God Bless you all - Jennifer

Get expert buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I feel your content was good. I agree with everything you sent to me. I would have given 5 stars except I feel you are missing a very important part. I had to wait too long before I started to get anything. Even though I was extremely busy the first 2 - 3 weeks I could have used something...a little hopeful inspirational - something. I needed a life-line, something to know that what I was going through was normal.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I called on a Sunday night and after speaking with the first person, might have been two, I began to regret using an online service. Those people were not friendly or compassionate. I felt I made a mistake. Then Bobby Jo **, Charlottesville, took over and she was wonderful. Kind, friendly and gave specific and detailed instructions so that I completed all the forms correctly the first time. Let me scan documents and drivers licenses so we could move forward without any travel time by me. She gets 5 gold stars.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Karen, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi and the Charlottesville team, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that Bobbi was able to turn your experience around to provide excellent care and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I had pre-paid my husband's cremation with another crematory. When the nursing home sent my husband to the wrong crematory, Cremation Society of Richmond matched the price I had paid, and contacted the other crematory to get my payment changed over. I had no extra stress to deal with. Thank you very much.

Debbie

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Debbie, please accept our condolences on the passing of your husband. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I was very pleased with Cremation Society of Virginia. Jeff, who manages the office in Charlottesville, Virginia, was very nice. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no upselling and pressure. Plus, the cremation was done very quickly and the death certificates came much faster than they had told us to expect, which was a nice surprise. Then from there, they followed up with grief counseling. They called me about it and I signed up for their email. I would highly recommend Cremation Society of Virginia.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hello Ann, we would first like to express our condolences for the passing of your loved one. On behalf of Jeff and the Cremation Society of Virginia, we are honored that you and your family chose us to take care of the cremation needs. We understand that it is a privilege to serve you and your family with dignity and respect during the time of need, and we appreciate the trust that you put in us to handle these final affairs. Thank you for your kind words and take care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

They could not have been nicer, more helpful, caring, accommodating and professional. They made a very difficult time easier to handle. They are so much better and way less depressing than a traditional funeral home in my opinion and experience. They exceeded my expectations which were high to begin with. We picked them years ago and we made the right choice.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Patient, respectful and helpful. Willing to answer all our silly questions without making us feel silly. We have confidence in the Society because of this. Our grieving descendants will have less to worry about now. Thank you so very, very much!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The gentleman who came to my home to discuss this with me was very thorough and attentive. A really calm and satisfying experience. I can't say at this point how satisfied I will be until I read all of the material I have received. We just moved to North Carolina and this process has consumed my time.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Bobbi ** was so helpful and kind during this tragic family time. We appreciated her help so much. She was knowledgeable and too so much time explaining the process to us. She walked us through from start to finish, answering all of our questions.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Sarah, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Bobbi and the Charlottesville team of Cremation Society of Virginia, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our kind and helpful services and that we were able to help you and your family during this difficult time.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Cremation package purchased. The sales representative was very pleasant and accommodating. Took a very short time to get the details and sign up. Having this package makes me feel better in that I won't be imposing a hefty cost on my children whenever I end up passing away.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Miriam, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia office at Chantilly, VA.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information