Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.77/5

For more than 40 years, Cremation Society of Virginia has continued to serve Virginians both online and in person via three separate locations, Chantilly, Charlottesville and Richmond. Whether you or your loved ones have planned your final wishes in advance or are in immediate need of help, Cremation Society of Virginia is available 24/7 to assist you with simple, dignified cremation services.

Cremation Society of Virginia Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cremation Society of Virginia?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Pre-Paid Plans. We began the process with CSV when invited to a lovely lunch to gather information. Kristen ** was the funeral director hosting our lunch and she was professional and personable. She answered all questions completely and I knew, leaving that meeting, that my husband and I would be purchasing plans. Then, as happens in life, the information went into a big "to-do" pile. We were reminded of the CSV plans by mail and we immediately contacted Kristen and she prepared the paperwork quickly. Since we were under 'stay at home' rules, Kristen did it all via email and was available to answer all of my questions. We completed our transaction and now we are very happy to have our plans in place!

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Charlene, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Kristen and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Get buying tips about Cremation and Funeral Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2020

So far, I have been extremely pleased with my experience in planning for the future with Cremation Society of VA. Harry ** has been so helpful and professional, and this important step is one less thing I have to think about before my life ends. My main objective was to not burden anyone in my family in any way, so, mission accomplished!

I've already recommended CSV to several friends, and I know one has already signed up. Given the present death rate accompanying the corona virus pandemic, I'm making this recommendation to everyone I know who hasn't already made plans. It's something that everyone should be thinking about right now rather than later since so many people have died very unexpectedly.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Anne, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. On behalf of Harry and the Richmond team, we would like to thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I was already fairly well educated about CSV services and costs so called to set up an account and had it wrapped up within 24 hours. In spite of the current COVID isolation, I wanted the travel assurance as the 75 mile radius might not account for both travel and possible relocation as one ages so I think that feature is important for me. If someone doesn't already know a lot about CSV services, I assume the call and contact should be longer and more in depth. They do make the process simple and the funeral business as a whole has a fair amount of regulation so the considerations are pretty straightforward. If you want to preplan your own end of life and want cremation, CSV seems the way to go. I know individual funeral homes provide the same service but locking in a rate now seems prudent and also makes this one less thing my adult child will have to handle.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Brenda, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Courteous compassionate staff. Would recommend to others. Like convenience of payment plan. Like availability to pick up remains from other locations. Was impressed with how fast the urn package came. Easy sign up. Like convenience of actual location of offices. Initial information session was great.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Kathy, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at our Richmond, VA office.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

A changed needs to be made on my middle name. Spoke with Bob on 2/14 and he said he would revise it and send revised paperwork showing correct middle name. As of 2/23 I have not received any revisions. Otherwise, it was a fine experience but much different from the Neptune Society in Sherman Oaks, CA when I arranged my husbands needs.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Marie, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your experience and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with the revised paperwork. Per our Sales Manager Cliff, it is our understanding that your concern has been corrected and handled. We thank you for bringing this up to our attention. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to Cliff Blaius at the Cremation Society of Virginia at Chantilly, VA office.

Original review: June 1, 2020

The staff made this horrific time a lot less painful taking care of our needs and our dear friend. They were easy to work with and easy to make the arrangements we needed. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs their service.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Hi S. Dale, thank you so much for sharing your experience with Cremation Society of Virginia. We are very sorry for the loss of your loved one. We appreciate your feedback and we are honored to hear that we were able to make this horrific time a lot less painful taking care of your needs and your dear friend through this difficult time. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have encountered, but if you have, any additional questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I received excellent information and my decision to use them was very easy. The fee is reasonable and the people I talked to were very helpful. I was extremely pleased with the ease and cost of cremation at their facility.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Anne, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Chantilly, VA office.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Great service for preneed set up for my father. I can not provide comment on actual request, logistics or cremation as that need has not happened yet. The travel package is a great addition for allowing pickup outside the immediate perimeter.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Alecia, we welcome your father and are happy to have him as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with the purchased services and honored that we were able to help your father with his pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Richmond, VA office.

Original review: May 25, 2020

Mr. Ron ** and everyone are all very professional yet personable and very, very caring. They understand everything the family is going through and how difficult it is. Mr. ** was extremely patient and explained everything with clarity and kindness. It didn't matter how many times I called, or how many questions I had, they were always met with understanding and a willingness to help in any way he could. I'm so glad we used Cremation Society of Va. I would definitely recommend it to family and friends. I don't have one single complaint!

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Sherry, please accept our condolences on the passing of your loved one. We really appreciate your feedback and on behalf of Mr. Ron and our Richmond team of Cremation Society of Virginia, we thank you for sharing your experience online. We are honored to hear that you were satisfied with our professional, kind, and personable services and that we were able to help you during this difficult time.

Original review: May 24, 2020

The Cremation Society of Virginia offers a very reasonably priced direct cremation package and there are options to make monthly payments. I am very impressed with the plan, cremation package (includes urn, tea candle, tea candle holder, memory chest, and thank you cards), and the staff.

Cremation Society of Virginia response

Deborah, we welcome you and are happy to have you as one of our customers. We are also happy to hear that you were satisfied with your purchased services and honored that we were able to help you with your pre-planning. Thank you very much for your feedback and we appreciate your time. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out or contact the Cremation Society of Virginia at Chantilly, VA office.

Cremation Society of Virginia Company Information