Wright Brand

Compare Bacon Brands

Research top Bacon Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Maple Bacon is the best! Not a weekend goes by that we don't have Wright's maple flavored bacon with breakfast. It's sometimes difficult to find in the grocery store, so I just stock up whenever I see it.

Regular normal smoked bacon. I like thicker cut bacon. Actually I like placing it on a cookie sheet & cooking on the grill outside. This add a little more smoke flavor and doesn't smoke up the house or get grease everywhere.

Hickory smoked is my favorite - that's real bacon! I can always get my favorite bacon in one stop. The only time they are out of stock is when it's on sale. I can get it at a different grocer if not available at my local grocer. I cook the bacon in an electric skillet, usually outside, because bacon aroma lingers for several days. For parties I sometimes coat the bacon in Dijon mustard and coat with brown sugar to make sticky bacon for cocktail garnish.

Applewood - combines a fruitwood with a natural smoked flavor. My SAM's location always has it in 4# packages and my local grocer usually has it in 1.5# packages with the price point being very close per pound. 175 degrees in the oven for 15 minutes, flip, additional 15 minutes, flip again, and then another 10-15 minutes based on crispness desired. I bake in a shallow baking sheet using a sheet of parchment paper to keep the bacon from sticking.

Black pepper makes everything so much better! One time I couldn't find Wright. All they had was Oscar Mayer and like a ten pound thing of the Reasor's brand. I didn't do anything about it though because I'm lazy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wright Brand?

Sweetened, there is nothing better than a good maple bacon. If bacon is plain, and maple syrup is readily available, I will slather it on every time. I've never had issues finding a good bacon. Even if my favorite brand is not available, I'll settle for a nice peppercorn crusted substitute or a sweet applewood smoked side brand. I put a pinch of cayenne and cinnamon on my bacon. The cayenne adds a little heat, while the cinnamon brings out a really nice aromatic aspect.

Bacon is really fitting and acceptable for every genre of food and every meal of day. It's a blessed aroma in the morning to get your neurons firing. It completes the cheeseburger like butter on toast. Enjoy it on a pizza, baked potato, salad, cheese fries, or even in ice cream form as a bacon shake! If you ever wonder, "Can anything make this meal better?", the answer will always be... bacon.

What I like about Wright's bacon is if I want hickory smoked they have it. If I want applewood smoked they have that too. But if I'm in the mood for what we call "candy bacon" at our house... They have Maple flavored. The peppered bacon is great too but I'm the only one in the family who eats it. Between my local grocery chain and the large, membership-only grocery club we can get Wright's pretty much any time we want it. Most people cook their bacon in a pan on the range. Don't do that! It's messy and you have to hover and dote over it. PRE-HEAT your oven to 385 (important step) and put your pan of bacon in and watch it cook up to your preferred texture and then go to town. Bacon's a pretty expensive proposition. But. There are never leftovers. Ever. And unlike poppers or tater-tots or sausage people mill around the kitchen when bacon's cooking. Fun stuff.

Peppered, I like the spiciness of it. Also a fan of the smoky variety of the bacons, just really depends on the mood I'm in. I don't buy bacon all that regularly, but when I do I usually look for Wrights and it's always been in stock the times I look for it. I am a recent convert to the oven method. I also cook them on a cookie rack so that the hot air circulates all around the bacon and so grease drips down to the pan below.

Smoked classic style. Just give the standard, traditional delicious bacon. I mean, come on. It's bacon. Call me old fashioned. I live in a part of town that has four (yes 4!) grocery stores within walking distance. Meanwhile the Northside barely has one. Occasionally, I will add brown sugar depending on what I am pairing the bacon with but that doesn't happen often. I also try to only turn once, like a steak.

Anything with a smokey taste equals winning for my taste buds. I also like my bacon really crispy, as in, it sort of turns into dust once it hits your tongue, and the only flavor that tastes good that burnt is smoked. Luckily, I work for a company that stock-piles our favorite brand of bacon which means I'm never without. As long as the ends are black and crispy, you really can't go wrong. #BaconForLife. Bacon is not meant to be made out of a turkey. It's blasphemy. In my humble opinion...

I like to switch between flavors. Peppered is good with dinner, smoked can go in dry beans. Applewood gives a sweet and salty flavor. Wright's is very expensive compared to other brands. I can't always afford it. I generally use my George Foreman grill. It doesn't take much longer than the microwave and is less messy plus the grease rolls off. Its far too expensive. I have explored some store brands but they are not as good. They shrink where Wright's doesn't. Money is tight and I have to save. Wright's center cut bacon is flavorful and easily cooked on a George Foreman type grill. It can also be used in other cooking like dry beans to add extra flavor.

I have never had bad bacon! I like it smoked, sweetened, peppered, honey cured, any old way is fine with me. If it's not there, I just go shop elsewhere. I consider bacon one of the 5 major food groups, like cheese, butter, coffee and glazed doughnuts. I use it to wrap stuffed chicken breasts, to flavor beans, for breakfast and a host of other uses. I just love bacon. Were it not for the fat and cholesterol I could eat it every day.

We prefer smoked or applewood flavor. It is our personal preference, but will eat other favors as long as it is not a spicy flavor. We shop at different grocery stores so we are usually able to find the brand we use. If we were unable to find it at any of the stores we would approach the manager and ask why it was not available anymore. We cook our bacon in the microwave on a special bacon cooker. All the grease from the bacon is captured in the drip pan. This way the bacon is less greasy. We enjoy bacon at breakfast. We buy Smithfield or Wrights as they tend to be consistent in taste, marbling and cut. We have tried cheaper brands but always go back to one of these two.

Hickory smoked is my first preference followed by applewood, cherrywood and pecan. Sweetened is my last selection. I do not want a heavily meat slice as the fat makes for better flavor. Low to medium heat, laid in a single layer and turned frequently to light brown on each side. Pressing the bubble fat section to brown it also. While many brands do make a good and eatable alternative, I do not buy the thin cut of bacon. It takes a whole slice to get the satisfaction of multiple bites from a thicker slice; and yes I know that a pound is a pound. I prefer a 50/50 marble fat to meat, maybe even a little more fat is acceptable. The flavor is in the rendered fat.

I prefer smoked & I enhance from there: candied, peppered, jalapeno, etc. I like that it's a pretty blank canvas to build on. Baked: line the tray with parchment paper, use racks to lift the bacon from the pan to maximize crisping. Turn oven to 400 but put bacon in while oven is still cold. I like it soaked in beer, then rubbed with brown sugar to candy it while baking. For sammiches, weave it & then bake. You can do it by the pan or cut the pieces in half & weave for individual servings of bacon. I use Wright's bacon when I cannot get butcher sliced. All has been well for years, every now & then an off batch seems to happen but overall they are on point. I find the cheaper the bacon ALWAYS the worse the quality, at times being little more than packaged fat.

I prefer just the regular flavor of bacon. I am usually having it with something sweet and the regular flavor just pairs great with my maple syrup. Aldi is the only store I shop at that does not carry Wright bacon. I am not sure the Wright would offer their brand at a discount store like Aldi. I am very plain Jane when it comes to cooking bacon. I like the regular flavor and do not add any extras while cooking. I use bacon in many dishes from breakfast to salads for lunch. I feel that the cost continues to rise. I am very budget conscience and there is a breaking point for me. I will buy it for special occasions and serve it to guests. I shop at Aldi for most of my products. I love their bacon as much as Wright's bacon. I try to cook my bacon in the over for better consistency. My kids love love the crunchiness and wonderful flavor of the both.

Smoked, peppered, sweetened usually too strong for taste buds; smoked, peppered usually high in sodium. Most of my grocers carry the Wright brand that is my preference. If the product is not stocked, I inquire about it and seek answers as to why it is not part of the store inventory. I prefer baked bacon, no flipping; cooked on foil pans or other non-stick pans at 350 temperature for about 20 to 25 minutes. Ovens vary; helps to release much of the fatty oil. The Wright bacon is expensive, but I purchase it in bulk portions and separate portions in freezer bags for later uses. Purchasing in bulk is more economical. The Wright bacon has a great flavor, is thin or thick sliced; prepared by directions. Wright bacon after baking is Crisp, retains its shape, golden brown color.

Smoked flavor - it gives a boost to your taste buds and adds flavor to dishes when used that way. Wright's isn't overpowering when it comes to the flavored varieties. I use a bacon press in an iron skillet. I always make sure the skillet is hot enough before I put my bacon in or else it will stick. I put a little olive oil in the skillet also before adding. I love Wright's bacon because it's thick and has a very good ratio of fat/meat. The smoked flavor is there but not overpowering. I do not eat a lot of pork but when I do it's bacon.

Applewood smoked bacon is my all-time favorite. It has just the right amount of smoke, not too overpowering. It has a nice light and sweet aroma when it's cooking. Walmart and Giant regularly stock Wright's bacon, but not all varieties are available at either store. Walmart has a much better price on it. I use a cookie sheet triple lined with foil. Then I place a cooling rack liberally sprayed with cooking spray on both sides (for easy clean up). 400 degrees for 20 minutes. No turning is necessary and clean up is a breeze. Wrap the foil up in a ball and discard in the trash once the grease has cooled down.

The bacon I prefer is slightly more expensive than some others, but I buy it because I can depend on the great quality. If the quality were to decrease, as in too much fat or marbling, and the flavor was not there, I would find another brand to like! My nephew turned us on to Wright's bacon. It's a nice thick cut, but unlike most other bacons, it's got just the right amount of marbling from slice to slice. You can rely on the fact that each slice of bacon in the package is going to be a good piece. After it's cooked it fits nicely on the toast for BLT's. It's not all curled and crumbly.

Peppered. I like the spice. Wright bacon is easy to find. If not, I know where to get it off the streets. 400 degrees for 15-20 mins.

The Smoked flavor is my choice. I place 6 slices in the pan on medium high heat with frequent turning and a plate with paper towels to absorb the extra grease. It's worth it to me but if the same brand I buy would start cutting back on quality and quantity I would have to rethink my purchase.

Apple smoked has the best flavor. Large skillet covered, low heat, turning so as not to burn, placed on paper towel to drain. If done in oven use a rack so it does not set in grease.

Applewood smoked is awesome. Always available at Sam's Club and usually available at Walmart. Will do without bacon before we switch brands. Have tried different kinds from same brand, but always go back to the Applewood Smoked by Wright's. Hubby likes it crispy but not burned. I'd take a second look at overall price, but there's value for your money to consider. We definitely consider flavor as the main item for value.

Maple sweetened, just love the taste. I always shop at Kroger's and they carry Wright bacon. If they are out or I think its priced too high, I purchase the Kroger deli brand. I prefer a thick sliced bacon with average marbling.

Meaty and thick slices. They regularly stock it at the Kroger I shop at. Wright's is by far the best bacon I have ever tried. Most brands have a lot of shrinkage but Wright's holds up well while being cooked. I highly recommend this brand. Wright's is more expensive but you get what you pay for. It's a better tasting and quality bacon. Flavor is very consistent.

Like the flavored variety the best. Limited Edition bacon comes and goes, but worth the wait.

I prefer the simplest one. I do not like fancy flavors on my bacon. Kirkland is not a difficult brand to find everywhere or at least on the markets I usually buy my groceries. It is always available. Fried on the stove top. I always like it plain, in the pan without any grease or additional oil. I start cooking it slowly so it will use its own grease to cook. If the flavor is not the same and suddenly it becomes too expensive, then I rather consider not to buy it. It is a nice treat but sure something I can live without.

Expert Review

Jim AngelusBacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family‚Äôs table.    More about Jim→

Wright Brand prides itself on making bacon the "Wright Way." This means the bacon is chosen individually, trimmed by hand, and finished to perfection. The company began in the 1920s and its bacon has long been popular for its thick, smoky character and robust taste.

• Classic products and classic flavor: From barrel aged bourbon bacon to brown sugar flavored bacon, Wright Brand offers tasty and traditional bacon flavors.
  • Handcrafted cuts: Every slice of bacon is sliced by a human hand.
  • Versatile pork: Thick-cut bacon gives customers the chance to do more with their bacon than simply fry it; it can be used in tacos, salads, hamburgers and more.
  • Slowly smoked: Wright Brand not only smokes its bacon over real wood, the company also lets the bacon sit long enough to ensure it absorbs all the flavor.
  • Generational traditions: There is something to be said about a process that works; the Wright Brand has passed down its family methods of producing bacon for generations.
  • Best for Traditional bacon eaters, chefs who add bacon into dishes and retailers wishing to sell high-quality, hand-trimmed bacon.

Compare Bacon Brands