Wellshire

Compare Bacon Brands

Research top Bacon Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I love the slice thickness of the bacon and the flavor profile of the black forest. My local Whole Foods Markets always has Wellshire bacon in the shelf. I cook the bacon in a frying pan for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. I do not like the bacon crispy, so this works best for my liking.

Black Forest Bacon because it's sweet and smokey. I shop at Whole Foods Market and they always have their shelves stocked with at least a few types of Wellshire Bacon. But if they were out, I would speak to the meat manager and ask them about it. I like to bake my bacon in the oven for less mess. But pan frying it is also great because it crisps up more and leaves the house smelling awesome.

Black Forest. Its a great combination of sweet and savory! Whole Foods carries this product regularly. Baked in the oven. 325 - 350 degrees oven, on baking sheet, for 6 to 7 min. and flip once. Cook for another 6 to 7 min. or until "just crisp". I won't buy low quality (cheap) bacon with a lot of chemical ingredients and fake smoke flavor. When I can get a consistent, great tasting bacon that does not shrink when cooked, it would be tough to make me say, "it's not worth it".

Black Forest Dry Rubbed by Wellshire. I can find it at Whole Foods. Nicely stocked and they have a great variety of products. Pan fried. Sometimes add Nature's Season seasoning to add even more flavor. If baked in oven, the temperature is at 350 degrees. I hate buying bacon that has a lot of fat or shrinks when it is cooked. I prefer Wellshire because it is lean and less shrinkage compared to the others.

Dry rubbed and smoked. My grocer does stock my fav. bacon and if not I would buy the Black Forest bacon. And if they did not stock it I would ask the meat manager to bring it in. Baked in the oven. I place raw bacon on a sheet pan. Pre heat over to 375. Bake for 15-17 Minutes. I don't use any additional spices. I like the way it tastes from the producer. I don't mind paying more for a product that is the best!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wellshire?

Smoked, love it. As long as it not too salt and no chemical salt. I shop around for best value and brand, and no chemicals. Fried on the stove top in a pan, pop a lid on. This way no splatter, gets cooked well. And I use the fat for cooking.

Applewood Smoked Dry Rubbed - it's the best. Fry at high heat for crispy or low for soft. Bacon needs no special treatment. The quality of the product matters. If the slicing was consistently sliced too thin, I would consider doing without.

Smoked. Peppered also, gives you options on using it in different recipes. Very easily found in any Whole Foods. Great product, most likely have a decent amount in stores. They handle it very well, looks good enough to eat right out of the pack. Baked in the oven - 325 degrees, about 7 to 10 minutes, then flip. I have also broiled it when in a pinch. I have added brown sugar and cayenne to give it a candied taste.

Expert Review

Jim AngelusBacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family‚Äôs table.    More about Jim→

Started in 1996, Wellshire Farms has a vision of providing natural meat products that are not overly processed or loaded with artificial preservatives. Now, customers can buy the company's bacon at health-minded food outlets throughout the country, and the brand is one of the recognizable in the industry.

• Consistent quality: Wellshire Farms ensures an elevated level of quality across its bacon products through constant inspections and only working with reputable pork farmers.
  • Healthy bacon alternatives: Those who want to try Canadian bacon, turkey bacon, beef bacon and organic uncured bacon have options when buying Wellshire Farms products.
  • Free of nitrites and nitrates: Research has shown the negative impacts of curing bacon with nitrites and nitrates, which increase the risk of cancer; hence, Wellshire Farms steers clear of adding them.
  • Purchase anywhere: Whole Foods Markets, which are located across the United States, always have Wellshire Farms bacon in stock, as do other health foods stores.
  • Sugar-free and low-sodium options: Brown sugar and sodium are often used in the curing and flavoring process, but this limits those with certain dietary restrictions; Wellshire Farms caters to these consumers.
  • Best for Those who want to eat bacon but have dietary restrictions, general bacon lovers and those searching for healthy bacon alternatives.

Compare Bacon Brands