Welch Foods

Stars Rating

• 50%
  • 50%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welch Foods?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welch Foods?
    Staff

Reviewed April 27, 2019

Our family has been a long time buyer of the variety box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks. But this past year (2018-2019) has been the worst we’ve seen of this brand. We found bad yellow pieces in every bag of two batches on separate occasions (after the first bad batch we took a break for 6 months hoping it would sort itself out, but it clearly didn’t). They were disgusting, shriveled, and not a fruit snack at all! We reported it to the company and they said they would investigate.

In the meantime, they were seemingly concerned and helpful and rushed us a replacement box. But when that box came in the mail, it was completely ripped open and missing 1/3 of the bags inside. We tried to see if the unopened bags were salvageable. When we opened one, the most disgustingly sour smell came from the inside of it. We looked at the fruit snacks to see what was wrong and they were darker than usual. We threw out that box and reported it to them again.

We’re not taking a break again hoping they will improve their quality. We think this company is officially done and needs to be shut down. Especially after looking into them and finding out a lot of other people have seen worms and mold! Enough people that it shouldn’t be ignored. So we are no longer buying anything Welch’s related and suggest you don’t either. Other name brands and even knock-offs have better quality products than Welch’s has shown us this past year.

Reviewed March 3, 2019

Opened up a pack. All one kind. It says mixed fruit. Why are there only raspberry ones??? The flavors are also very weird. Why would somebody create a mango fruit snack? Just why? And they are also very hard.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2018

I refuse to pull my vise grips out of my toolbox anymore. Welch's Grape tends to skew to older customers and your lids are unopenable. I just tossed a completely full grape and white in the garbage. No name brands will suffice from now on.

Reviewed Nov. 10, 2018

I recently purchased Welch’s Juice as I always do, and open the seal and pour some to my husband, and noticed it was contaminated with some type of mold and told him to stop. "Don’t drink it." Expiration date it’s good until December and the container was unopened. I had take pictures and write to Welch’s company and gave my information. I’m worry about other people going right now to the store and buying a contaminated juice and drinking it.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2018

Craving Grape juice, I drove to local gas station to purchase a 14 oz Welch's Natural 100% Grape juice. Got back into car, immediately opened, took big gulp, looked down to put cap back on & noticed mold all around top of bottle & under the cap. I actually debated whether to pour into cup when I got home so I could try to drink because that's how bad I was craving it! But instead I put in bag, emailed customer service and awaiting reply.

Reviewed Oct. 10, 2018

My daughter was eating Welch’s cherries and berries fruit snacks when she came across a fruit snack with a worm in it. It was a small worm and obviously dead and inside the snack. I demand a recall on them since this is the 3rd or 4th case of a worm found in their fruit snacks.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed June 19, 2018

I bought Natural Concord Grape Spread. It says it's non GMO with the big letters. I'm ready to open and eat it but I read *Not made with genetically modified ingredients. Trace amounts of genetically modified material may be present.* False nonsense advertising to sell your GMO garbage.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Purchased a container of Welch Mango Twist juice on Friday 3/16/18 from Wal-Mart. Opened the juice on Monday 3/19/18 for the first time. Jug was sealed had to remove pull tab. Poured myself a glass and proceeded to drink it. My husband then came and poured a glass and what came out in his glass made me want to vomit... we found a worm/bug swimming in the juice! Yes not only was there a bug in it but it was still alive and swimming. Called the company to complain and they want to send me out coupons... really?! That's your solution? I will never purchased another Welch product. This is beyond unacceptable and all you want to do is offer me coupons.

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2017

September 16, 2017, my husband and I purchased the kiwi strawberry juices that come in the 6 pack. We drank one each and soon after we developed a sore throat. My husband has drank another today and got an even worse sore throat as well as drowsy and dizziness. These need to be recalled because something is error with them!

Reviewed June 6, 2017

Ok so tonight June 6 2017 went to make me a jelly sandwich and everything was going fine till I started putting jelly on my second sandwich (I had already eaten the 1st one) and noticed something whitish and weird in my jam!!! It was a worm (maggot). Had to throw everything away cause I get super grossed out :'( Won't eat this no more :v And a few years ago stopped drinking Welch's grape juice because I had just got back from running and wanted to quench my thirst so I chugged down half the bottle when I noticed an inch thick of mold on top of the juice??? It was so FN disgusting!!!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I have been using Mott's for years supposedly having no sugar and the reason being because I cannot have sugar. I am hypoglycemic. As a matter of fact I had given up drinking soda. It seemed to be so sweet. It was on sale. Buy one box get the other free in Winn-Dixie so I thought to myself, "Okay this is a bargain. Well this seemed like a bargain." It was the pouch. As I was drinking it I thought to myself, "This is really sweet. Is it the juice that's so sweet." Then I looked it up. It is substitute sugar.

I can't have any sugar. As a matter of fact I stop drinking Coke because I got sick from the sugar substitute. I almost passed out in the bank because of the contents of sugar substitute. Sugar is sugar whether versus substitute low sugar it's sugar. It's a danger to people who can have sugar. Stop hiding behind the titles to sell a product. Now I have to throw all of it out. Maybe I should call the lawyer. I'm thinking hard about this because you have it advertised as no sugar so course there's no sugar but it's substitute when it be low or anything else. False advertisement especially people who cannot have neither.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2016

I opened my bag and began to eat my fruit snacks when I noticed something white in one of them, so I cut it open and there was a white powder in it. I was grossed out and it looked like a crushed up pill, my first thought was that it was a drug. Even though it was gross I will continue to buy their products because nothing like this has ever happened to me and I love to eat and they are one of my favorite snacks. But Welch you need to get it together and figure out why there are so many gross things in your products.

Coverage

Reviewed July 6, 2016

I opened my pack of mixed fruit snacks and the grape one looks like it is covered in mold! I had already eaten two of the fruit snacks and am now extremely concerns about getting sick. Does anyone know if this is indeed mold? It is hard and a white color. I loved eating fruit snacks as a quick snack, but after this I am so nauseated just thinking about it!

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2016

This was in my daughter's fruit snack. When I called to report it was told this was impossible but coupons would be sent. What if she had allergies. FDA will be notified.

Reviewed Oct. 14, 2015

I don't know what I found in my Fruit Snacks, but it is creepy. Yuck.

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2015

One day, I found a piece of wire in a Welch's fruit snack pack I was eating. Luckily, it was not my son eating from that package. I stopped giving him these snacks. I emailed Customer Service to file a complaint. They asked for the package and said they would investigate. No one has ever got back to me to follow up. Reading all these complaints, I am wondering if FDA has ever visited them to see what is going on in their facilities.

Reviewed July 25, 2015

I love Welch's fruit snacks. While eating three packs I noticed a white spot on a red raspberry. I made a decision not to eat so opened with my hands and noticed a white powder substance inside and placed box in back of cabinet so daughter don't eat. I don't know what it is but hoping it's just sugar. A lost of an appetite for my favorite snack.

Reviewed July 9, 2015

Okay, so I went to go make a pb and j and I sniffed the jelly. It smelled like rotten eggs. Then I sniffed again and it smelled like alcohol!

Reviewed May 1, 2015

Not sure if this is the correct expiration date.. but it's April 30th 2015 & my package says 2011!!! I just bought them today!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2015

I just found a piece of fingernail inside one of the Welch's fruit snacks! Gross!

Reviewed March 12, 2015

I will never buy a Welch product again. I have bought several boxes of their fruit snacks and never tasted soap, but these last boxes I bought they all tasted like soap. I don't know what they coat these snacks with but it's nasty. The taste lasted two days in my mouth. I brushed my teeth several of times used Listerine and still the taste was there in my mouth in my nose it was horrible. I had to wash my hands over and over again to get the smell off my hands.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2015

I purchase Welch's yogurt and fruit as a snack for my 2 years old son. I seat my son in his high chair and put its table top on, Grab a pack and place them on his table when i notice a maggot on the fruit. Removed from my son's table and pick up the phone and call Welch's (1-800-3406870). Talk to Consumer Affairs' call center. They said, "I'll send you a coupon in the mail. 9 days after I get the coupons -- 1.50$ in coupons and a free box -- that all you get for having a maggot in your food. Never again will I give this to my son. My Family loved Welch's Juice and snack but not anymore.

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2015

My 2 yr old son was eating Welch's fruit snacks and found a sharp chunk of wood in his gummy snack. It is very sharp wood. Has some coloring and smells of the fruit. Buyer beware. Look inside each pack before giving your child.

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2014

Grape juice - We used small bottles from six packs to prepare the Lord's Supper for church service, the bottle's date was 10_15_15, it was bad. I opened a second bottle from same package and it was bad too. I am going to assume that the rest are bad too and take them back to store.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2014

I wish I had found this site sooner so I could of shared my rather unfortunate and disgusting experience I had with Welch's product 2 summers ago. I had purchased a 5oz bag of Welch's mixed fruit snacks earlier in the evening for a snack on movie night. I eat them by the handful so I have no idea how many of these creatures I was ingesting until my sister sat next to me and asked if she could have a couple. I handed her the bag and she pulled a fruit snack out and immediately gasped, dropping it on the coffee table. I asked her what was wrong and she said there was a worm crawling in it!

Upon closer examination, it was indeed a small, no bigger than 1cm worm halfway sticking out of the fruit snack. I immediately dumped the remaining fruit snacks out of the bag onto the table and sure enough we counted about 3 or so little worms crawling on them. I was already half way done with the bag and could not believe I was eating worms! I tried not to vomit and called my friend over. She said they were fruit fly larvae. I wish I had gotten a picture at the time but I was too disgusted to even look at these things any longer. I guess I let this slide as I have not completely stopped eating Welch's products today. Still, I am more careful now and inspect my candy before I eat it.

Staff

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2014

My daughter and I was coming from a doctor's appointment and she ate the fruit snack. She asked me to pull over so she could vomit. She noticed a bug inside of the fruit snack she was about to eat. I examined it thinking it could not be an insect inside of a fruit snack! It was, so I called the number listed on the back of the package. The representative told me to send it in an envelope that she would be sending. We have taken pictures of it for our evidence. But we also have the remainder of snacks in our pantry. My daughter has been vomiting saying that she never wants them again.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2014

I was sitting home eating Welch's Fruit Snack and a big bug wing was stuck to one of my gummies. I'll never buy from this company again. Been eating their products since I could chew. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about what me and my family have been eating all these years.

Coverage

Reviewed Sept. 16, 2013

I just took out a bottle of white grape cherry juice that was purchased/opened less than 2 weeks ago. The entire top is covered with thick white patches/film. It doesn't expire for 9 more months & has been in fridge since opened. Unfortunately, my 3-year old is the only one who drank from it, and half the bottle is gone.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2013

I just bought a 2.25 oz bag of Welch's fruit snacks and the grape one looked like it had mold on it.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I just bought 2 packs of the Welch's Fruit Snacks. As I was eating them, I noticed in one of them, there was a baby worm like a bug on it and the second piece had a white powder-like substance in it. This is terrible. From the reviews for this company, Welch's needs to be shut down! If you can't do any better than that, then you don't need to do anything at all. Kids eat this stuff. They won't know to look for that. What are you trying to do, kill kids? I will contact a lawyer about this.

Welch Foods Company Information