1.31/5
Based on 29 reviews that contain star ratings

36 Welch Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought Natural Concord Grape Spread. It says it's non GMO with the big letters. I'm ready to open and eat it but I read *Not made with genetically modified ingredients. Trace amounts of genetically modified material may be present.* False nonsense advertising to sell your GMO garbage.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Purchased a container of Welch Mango Twist juice on Friday 3/16/18 from Wal-Mart. Opened the juice on Monday 3/19/18 for the first time. Jug was sealed had to remove pull tab. Poured myself a glass and proceeded to drink it. My husband then came and poured a glass and what came out in his glass made me want to vomit... we found a worm/bug swimming in the juice! Yes not only was there a bug in it but it was still alive and swimming. Called the company to complain and they want to send me out coupons... really?! That's your solution? I will never purchased another Welch product. This is beyond unacceptable and all you want to do is offer me coupons.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

September 16, 2017, my husband and I purchased the kiwi strawberry juices that come in the 6 pack. We drank one each and soon after we developed a sore throat. My husband has drank another today and got an even worse sore throat as well as drowsy and dizziness. These need to be recalled because something is error with them!

Original review: June 6, 2017

Ok so tonight June 6 2017 went to make me a jelly sandwich and everything was going fine till I started putting jelly on my second sandwich (I had already eaten the 1st one) and noticed something whitish and weird in my jam!!! It was a worm (maggot). Had to throw everything away cause I get super grossed out :'( Won't eat this no more :v And a few years ago stopped drinking Welch's grape juice because I had just got back from running and wanted to quench my thirst so I chugged down half the bottle when I noticed an inch thick of mold on top of the juice??? It was so FN disgusting!!!

Original review: May 27, 2017

I have been using Mott's for years supposedly having no sugar and the reason being because I cannot have sugar. I am hypoglycemic. As a matter of fact I had given up drinking soda. It seemed to be so sweet. It was on sale. Buy one box get the other free in Winn-Dixie so I thought to myself, "Okay this is a bargain. Well this seemed like a bargain." It was the pouch. As I was drinking it I thought to myself, "This is really sweet. Is it the juice that's so sweet." Then I looked it up. It is substitute sugar.

I can't have any sugar. As a matter of fact I stop drinking Coke because I got sick from the sugar substitute. I almost passed out in the bank because of the contents of sugar substitute. Sugar is sugar whether versus substitute low sugar it's sugar. It's a danger to people who can have sugar. Stop hiding behind the titles to sell a product. Now I have to throw all of it out. Maybe I should call the lawyer. I'm thinking hard about this because you have it advertised as no sugar so course there's no sugar but it's substitute when it be low or anything else. False advertisement especially people who cannot have neither.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welch Foods?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I opened my bag and began to eat my fruit snacks when I noticed something white in one of them, so I cut it open and there was a white powder in it. I was grossed out and it looked like a crushed up pill, my first thought was that it was a drug. Even though it was gross I will continue to buy their products because nothing like this has ever happened to me and I love to eat and they are one of my favorite snacks. But Welch you need to get it together and figure out why there are so many gross things in your products.

Original review: July 6, 2016

I opened my pack of mixed fruit snacks and the grape one looks like it is covered in mold! I had already eaten two of the fruit snacks and am now extremely concerns about getting sick. Does anyone know if this is indeed mold? It is hard and a white color. I loved eating fruit snacks as a quick snack, but after this I am so nauseated just thinking about it!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2016

This was in my daughter's fruit snack. When I called to report it was told this was impossible but coupons would be sent. What if she had allergies. FDA will be notified.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

I don't know what I found in my Fruit Snacks, but it is creepy. Yuck.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

One day, I found a piece of wire in a Welch's fruit snack pack I was eating. Luckily, it was not my son eating from that package. I stopped giving him these snacks. I emailed Customer Service to file a complaint. They asked for the package and said they would investigate. No one has ever got back to me to follow up. Reading all these complaints, I am wondering if FDA has ever visited them to see what is going on in their facilities.

Original review: July 25, 2015

I love Welch's fruit snacks. While eating three packs I noticed a white spot on a red raspberry. I made a decision not to eat so opened with my hands and noticed a white powder substance inside and placed box in back of cabinet so daughter don't eat. I don't know what it is but hoping it's just sugar. A lost of an appetite for my favorite snack.

Original review: July 9, 2015

Okay, so I went to go make a pb and j and I sniffed the jelly. It smelled like rotten eggs. Then I sniffed again and it smelled like alcohol!

Original review: May 1, 2015

Not sure if this is the correct expiration date.. but it's April 30th 2015 & my package says 2011!!! I just bought them today!!!

Original review: April 17, 2015

I just found a piece of fingernail inside one of the Welch's fruit snacks! Gross!

Original review: March 12, 2015

I will never buy a Welch product again. I have bought several boxes of their fruit snacks and never tasted soap, but these last boxes I bought they all tasted like soap. I don't know what they coat these snacks with but it's nasty. The taste lasted two days in my mouth. I brushed my teeth several of times used Listerine and still the taste was there in my mouth in my nose it was horrible. I had to wash my hands over and over again to get the smell off my hands.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2015

I purchase Welch's yogurt and fruit as a snack for my 2 years old son. I seat my son in his high chair and put its table top on, Grab a pack and place them on his table when i notice a maggot on the fruit. Removed from my son's table and pick up the phone and call Welch's (1-800-3406870). Talk to Consumer Affairs' call center. They said, "I'll send you a coupon in the mail. 9 days after I get the coupons -- 1.50$ in coupons and a free box -- that all you get for having a maggot in your food. Never again will I give this to my son. My Family loved Welch's Juice and snack but not anymore.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2015

My 2 yr old son was eating Welch's fruit snacks and found a sharp chunk of wood in his gummy snack. It is very sharp wood. Has some coloring and smells of the fruit. Buyer beware. Look inside each pack before giving your child.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2014

Grape juice - We used small bottles from six packs to prepare the Lord's Supper for church service, the bottle's date was 10_15_15, it was bad. I opened a second bottle from same package and it was bad too. I am going to assume that the rest are bad too and take them back to store.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I wish I had found this site sooner so I could of shared my rather unfortunate and disgusting experience I had with Welch's product 2 summers ago. I had purchased a 5oz bag of Welch's mixed fruit snacks earlier in the evening for a snack on movie night. I eat them by the handful so I have no idea how many of these creatures I was ingesting until my sister sat next to me and asked if she could have a couple. I handed her the bag and she pulled a fruit snack out and immediately gasped, dropping it on the coffee table. I asked her what was wrong and she said there was a worm crawling in it!

Upon closer examination, it was indeed a small, no bigger than 1cm worm halfway sticking out of the fruit snack. I immediately dumped the remaining fruit snacks out of the bag onto the table and sure enough we counted about 3 or so little worms crawling on them. I was already half way done with the bag and could not believe I was eating worms! I tried not to vomit and called my friend over. She said they were fruit fly larvae. I wish I had gotten a picture at the time but I was too disgusted to even look at these things any longer. I guess I let this slide as I have not completely stopped eating Welch's products today. Still, I am more careful now and inspect my candy before I eat it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2014

My daughter and I was coming from a doctor's appointment and she ate the fruit snack. She asked me to pull over so she could vomit. She noticed a bug inside of the fruit snack she was about to eat. I examined it thinking it could not be an insect inside of a fruit snack! It was, so I called the number listed on the back of the package. The representative told me to send it in an envelope that she would be sending. We have taken pictures of it for our evidence. But we also have the remainder of snacks in our pantry. My daughter has been vomiting saying that she never wants them again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2014

I was sitting home eating Welch's Fruit Snack and a big bug wing was stuck to one of my gummies. I'll never buy from this company again. Been eating their products since I could chew. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about what me and my family have been eating all these years.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2013

I just took out a bottle of white grape cherry juice that was purchased/opened less than 2 weeks ago. The entire top is covered with thick white patches/film. It doesn't expire for 9 more months & has been in fridge since opened. Unfortunately, my 3-year old is the only one who drank from it, and half the bottle is gone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2013

I just bought a 2.25 oz bag of Welch's fruit snacks and the grape one looked like it had mold on it.

Original review: May 20, 2013

I just bought 2 packs of the Welch's Fruit Snacks. As I was eating them, I noticed in one of them, there was a baby worm like a bug on it and the second piece had a white powder-like substance in it. This is terrible. From the reviews for this company, Welch's needs to be shut down! If you can't do any better than that, then you don't need to do anything at all. Kids eat this stuff. They won't know to look for that. What are you trying to do, kill kids? I will contact a lawyer about this.

Original review: April 2, 2013

I recently purchased a bottle of Welch grape juice in the 3qt (96oz) plastic container. At 3AM we heard an explosion. Apparently, the bottle had exploded. Upon inspection, it appears as though the grape juice had fermented inside the unopened container which caused the sides/bottom of the plastic jug to expand and then explode. This resulted in damage/discoloration to a white, popcorn-like style ceiling. Damaged/discolored walls, discolored carpet and ruined family keepsakes. I have multiple photos of the damage to the home as well as photos of the exploded bottle. I have sent a report to Welch by the contact us feature. I have been purchasing Welch grape juice since my children were very little. So pretty much 17 years of being a loyal customer to them. I have never had an issue with any of their products until now. I'm so disappointed. Not sure if I will trust their product again.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2012

I bought a box of Welch's Fruit Snacks. Manufactured in one of the pieces in one of the packs I opened was a bug.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2012

I'm the pastor of a small Presbyterian church and we just had our Ash Wednesday service. In our tradition, I'm served communion last. I may need to change that in the future for quality control purposes! The six pack has a "best by June 1, 12" date on it and the code is LT11F02 03 07. The juice tastes very plastic like and nasty. I'll look to purchasing a brand packaged differently in the future.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2012

I would like to know about as to why the flip top bottle cannot have a bright color cap.The dark blue is hard to see for seniors. I had just as soon to have a jar jelly than hunt for 10 minutes for the flip markings to open it. I have never had any problems with this product. This is a good jelly. How about a bright cap for us old timers. I would be your poster boy.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2011

I drank 1/4 bottle of Welch's 100% grape juice (24oz) and noticed mold in bottle neck. Lid inside was also covered in mold. I poured most down the drain and there is a large mushroom-shaped glob in bottom of bottle. I called Memorial Hospital in Chester, Il. They referred me to Il. poison hotline (1-800-222-1222). They said I may feel ill but not to induce vomiting. My initial concern was for botulism, but they did not think this would be a problem. On 9/14/11, I received a total knee replacement and I hope like hell this does not create problems with that. I intend to contact my physician as soon as possible on 10/14/11.

I am the Dietary Manager at Chester Mental Hospital in Chester, Il., a large maximum security mental hospital. I purchase large quantities of food on a daily basis and recognize that shelf life on various items differ. I also understand that "best used by" is not the same as "do not use" or "expired". We receive and use food items with "best used by" dates regularly. We never use expired items. This bottle has "best used by" of 7/8/11. I did not see the date before drinking, but we have not had this bottle very long. My wife prepares Communion for our church and purchases your juice regularly. I had no idea it was past use by date.

If your product turns to the mess I have in this bottle in this period of time, I recommend you change the "best used by" date to indicate "expired" or "do not use after" date. Not only is this a disgusting-looking glob, but potentially a very dangerous product. I am extremely unhappy with this event and I have been a grape juice customer for a long time. I have the bottle and glob refrigerated and will be more than happy to discuss this with a Welch's representative in the very near future. I await your response.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2010

I recently purchased a six pack of 10-ounce bottles of Welch Grape Juice. I poured some in a glass and took a big drink. It had the worst chemical taste. I then smelled it and it smelled like pesticide. I hope I don't get sick, but it's too soon to know.

Welch Foods Company Information