3.97/5

44 Welch Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2019

Over the years, there have been some serious inconsistencies with Welch's fruit snacks. I buy the classic mixed fruit kind. Sometimes they are very soft, sometimes very hard and chewy; sometimes the grape gummies are harder than all the other ones. But the last batch I bought has a gross soapy film on all the gummies. It tastes very bitter and perfumey and feels like there is a film covering each gummy. Really just gross.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I open a pack of Welch's fruit snacks and found something inside the pack. A strawberry fruit has tape stuck to it with cardboard inside the tape. Don't want to eat these again and have thrown out the remainder of the box.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Our family has been a long time buyer of the variety box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks. But this past year (2018-2019) has been the worst we’ve seen of this brand. We found bad yellow pieces in every bag of two batches on separate occasions (after the first bad batch we took a break for 6 months hoping it would sort itself out, but it clearly didn’t). They were disgusting, shriveled, and not a fruit snack at all! We reported it to the company and they said they would investigate.

In the meantime, they were seemingly concerned and helpful and rushed us a replacement box. But when that box came in the mail, it was completely ripped open and missing 1/3 of the bags inside. We tried to see if the unopened bags were salvageable. When we opened one, the most disgustingly sour smell came from the inside of it. We looked at the fruit snacks to see what was wrong and they were darker than usual. We threw out that box and reported it to them again.

We’re not taking a break again hoping they will improve their quality. We think this company is officially done and needs to be shut down. Especially after looking into them and finding out a lot of other people have seen worms and mold! Enough people that it shouldn’t be ignored. So we are no longer buying anything Welch’s related and suggest you don’t either. Other name brands and even knock-offs have better quality products than Welch’s has shown us this past year.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Opened up a pack. All one kind. It says mixed fruit. Why are there only raspberry ones??? The flavors are also very weird. Why would somebody create a mango fruit snack? Just why? And they are also very hard.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I refuse to pull my vise grips out of my toolbox anymore. Welch's Grape tends to skew to older customers and your lids are unopenable. I just tossed a completely full grape and white in the garbage. No name brands will suffice from now on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welch Foods?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I recently purchased Welch’s Juice as I always do, and open the seal and pour some to my husband, and noticed it was contaminated with some type of mold and told him to stop. "Don’t drink it." Expiration date it’s good until December and the container was unopened. I had take pictures and write to Welch’s company and gave my information. I’m worry about other people going right now to the store and buying a contaminated juice and drinking it.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Craving Grape juice, I drove to local gas station to purchase a 14 oz Welch's Natural 100% Grape juice. Got back into car, immediately opened, took big gulp, looked down to put cap back on & noticed mold all around top of bottle & under the cap. I actually debated whether to pour into cup when I got home so I could try to drink because that's how bad I was craving it! But instead I put in bag, emailed customer service and awaiting reply.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My daughter was eating Welch’s cherries and berries fruit snacks when she came across a fruit snack with a worm in it. It was a small worm and obviously dead and inside the snack. I demand a recall on them since this is the 3rd or 4th case of a worm found in their fruit snacks.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I bought Natural Concord Grape Spread. It says it's non GMO with the big letters. I'm ready to open and eat it but I read *Not made with genetically modified ingredients. Trace amounts of genetically modified material may be present.* False nonsense advertising to sell your GMO garbage.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Purchased a container of Welch Mango Twist juice on Friday 3/16/18 from Wal-Mart. Opened the juice on Monday 3/19/18 for the first time. Jug was sealed had to remove pull tab. Poured myself a glass and proceeded to drink it. My husband then came and poured a glass and what came out in his glass made me want to vomit... we found a worm/bug swimming in the juice! Yes not only was there a bug in it but it was still alive and swimming. Called the company to complain and they want to send me out coupons... really?! That's your solution? I will never purchased another Welch product. This is beyond unacceptable and all you want to do is offer me coupons.

Welch Foods Company Information