2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.93/5

Welch Foods Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

So I just bought a couple bags of fruit snacks earlier for my midnight pregnancy cravings because I can’t seem to get enough of these things lately lol and when I was eating the kind in the blue bag, I bit into something that was really hard and white colored stuck inside one of the grape flavored fruit snacks. I’m not sure what it was but it almost looks like a piece of someone’s tooth! I even felt all around in my mouth to make sure it wasn’t mine because I did bite it hard enough that it could’ve cracked my tooth. I don’t feel anywhere in my teeth that it could have came from so it’s definitely not mine but I’m absolutely disgusted and after reading all these reviews, I’ll NEVER buy these things ever again or anything made by Welch’s.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

It is so hard to get a bottle of Welch's Grape juice open. Why make these lids so tight, you need to be a bodybuilder to get into a bottle. My spouse and I have decided that we will switch to a grape fruit brand that doesn't make it possible to open their product.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have purchased Welch's Grape Juice several times, and every time I try to open the grape juice, the lid is so tight it is impossible to open by hand, neither me nor my family nor my young husband have been able to open it. The only way we have been able to open these juices is by placing the closed lid of the grape juice on the inner edge of the door and pressing it like a vice, while putting immense pressure and turning it in a counterclockwise manner. If Welch's continues to intentionally tighten the lid of this juice to the point where human beings are unable to open it with ease, I will stop buying this product.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I just opened a pack of Welch's gummy fruit snacks and found a life saver. Not that big of a deal but concerns me that other things could be in my food. There should be more care given especially when these things are given to kids.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Over the years, there have been some serious inconsistencies with Welch's fruit snacks. I buy the classic mixed fruit kind. Sometimes they are very soft, sometimes very hard and chewy; sometimes the grape gummies are harder than all the other ones. But the last batch I bought has a gross soapy film on all the gummies. It tastes very bitter and perfumey and feels like there is a film covering each gummy. Really just gross.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Welch Foods?

Original review: May 11, 2019

I open a pack of Welch's fruit snacks and found something inside the pack. A strawberry fruit has tape stuck to it with cardboard inside the tape. Don't want to eat these again and have thrown out the remainder of the box.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Our family has been a long time buyer of the variety box of Welch’s Fruit Snacks. But this past year (2018-2019) has been the worst we’ve seen of this brand. We found bad yellow pieces in every bag of two batches on separate occasions (after the first bad batch we took a break for 6 months hoping it would sort itself out, but it clearly didn’t). They were disgusting, shriveled, and not a fruit snack at all! We reported it to the company and they said they would investigate.

In the meantime, they were seemingly concerned and helpful and rushed us a replacement box. But when that box came in the mail, it was completely ripped open and missing 1/3 of the bags inside. We tried to see if the unopened bags were salvageable. When we opened one, the most disgustingly sour smell came from the inside of it. We looked at the fruit snacks to see what was wrong and they were darker than usual. We threw out that box and reported it to them again.

We’re not taking a break again hoping they will improve their quality. We think this company is officially done and needs to be shut down. Especially after looking into them and finding out a lot of other people have seen worms and mold! Enough people that it shouldn’t be ignored. So we are no longer buying anything Welch’s related and suggest you don’t either. Other name brands and even knock-offs have better quality products than Welch’s has shown us this past year.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Opened up a pack. All one kind. It says mixed fruit. Why are there only raspberry ones??? The flavors are also very weird. Why would somebody create a mango fruit snack? Just why? And they are also very hard.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I refuse to pull my vise grips out of my toolbox anymore. Welch's Grape tends to skew to older customers and your lids are unopenable. I just tossed a completely full grape and white in the garbage. No name brands will suffice from now on.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I recently purchased Welch’s Juice as I always do, and open the seal and pour some to my husband, and noticed it was contaminated with some type of mold and told him to stop. "Don’t drink it." Expiration date it’s good until December and the container was unopened. I had take pictures and write to Welch’s company and gave my information. I’m worry about other people going right now to the store and buying a contaminated juice and drinking it.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Welch Foods Company Information