Weaver Popcorn

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We just bought a box of microwave Weaver Kettle Popcorn at the Dollar Tree Store to try in our new microwave. First thing I noticed was the odd, sweet taste it had. Upon looking at the label saw it contained Sucralose -- does that belong in popcorn? And it leaves a bitter after-taste on your palate too. There were a lot of old maids in the bag also. Next time I will buy a better brand at the super-market.

I recently bought a box of Pop Weaver Popcorn from Walmart. I put a bag in the microwave and hit the "popcorn button". Half way through there were sparks in the microwave. I then microwave a bowl of soup and had no problem. The next day I put in a 2nd bag of popcorn and sparks started almost immediately. I then put a plate of food in the microwave and had no problem. I threw the rest of the box away. I will never ever buy this brand of popcorn again. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford to throw food away and ruin my microwave with faulty popcorn.

There isn't anything hard to do but look into the cooked bag of Pop Weaver popcorn to find most of it is UNCOOKED popcorn. If Pop Weaver sells 30% of it popcorn all over the world. Maybe that's why 30% of each bag of my popcorn doesn't pop. I will also report this to the Better Business Bureau. I will send an email or letter to Stater Brother Corp, Winco Corp, Wal-mart Corporate as well. I lose money with every bag I pop, and Pop Weaver gains money with every bag I pop. Totally Unfair & bad business.

I bought 2 boxes of your popcorn. I have popped 3 bags. Each has barely popped and the ones that did pop were 1/2 burnt.

I followed all instructions correctly and I even tried a lower time, but no matter what I do the popcorn does not completely pop and it just burns. Its really disappointing considering its one of the more expensive popcorn brands.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Weaver Popcorn?

I have popped 5 of 6 bags and everyone has burned in a minute or less. I have played with power settings, even reducing the power level to 10%. It doesn't matter. This is the worst popcorn ever. Why is this stuff still on the market? When I say burned, I mean scorched beyond edible. As soon as it starts popping, it starts burning. Again, why is this still on the market?

I followed the directions and made sure I do everything right. Well I popped the first one and made my eyes water and it was burnt. I popped the second one and did the same thing but this one just filled with smoke. And I thought it was my micro but it wasn't. Coz I tried it at my friend's house. I think they should not sell it anymore because of the complaints and it is not good.

I followed the instructions completely and the first two bags burned. There was even a hole burnt through the bag. The third bag I popped for only one minute and got the same results. I feel this product is dangerous and should not be on the market.

I got this because I felt the name was a brand name. But it's the worst Kettle Corn I've ever had. There is no "sweet" to it. In fact, it's nothing more than bland.

This the 3rd time that a bag of popcorn from pop weaver has burnt and smoke is all over the house. I tried 6 bags and they all burnt, now tried their caramel and burnt after a minute. It ruined my microwave and going after them for a new one. They should be taken off the market. I am notifying my local TV station about this product to warn others. I cannot afford a new microwave as I am a senior citizen.

I tried 3 different bags of popcorn and they all burnt after one minute. My two year old loves popcorn and was disappointed three different times. It wasn't just like half was burnt. It was the whole thing. Disgusting. I bought a 6 pack. Would try the other three but my house is already smokey enough.

I bought last week 24 pack box of microwave popcorn. The code # on box was 4166705112. We have tried 6 bags so far & all have been unfit for human consumption. Afraid to try anymore. Certainly won't be buying anymore. When you're a retired senior citizen every cent must be put to good use.

I almost choked on a big piece of string mix in the popcorn. The popcorn should be pulled off the market. The free nest date is 09/20/2016 Pop Weaver.

Twice while making Pop Weaver popcorn, there was the smell of something electric being hot. Once while at home and once while at work. Both times the microwaves stopped popping the popcorn and no longer worked after that. Coincidence? I don't think so. I think this is a defective product either with whatever is in the bag or the bag itself. I see so many complaints about this product, why isn't anyone doing anything about this?

I have left one popcorn bag from the 22 box. After 2 minutes in the microwave, the popcorn bag broke the plate in 3 pieces. It seems that butter leaks from the bag, causing the plate to overheat. There was an oil spot from the bottom of the package on the glass that looked burnt. Trusting Pop Weaver Company, I went and bought another 22 bags box. This time I decided to put a ceramic plate under the bag. Again the bag leaked butter. The only marks this box has on it says: a Jun 06 16, 22:19. Please be careful using Pop Weaver Popcorn until the company comes with a solution and admit their product can be dangerous.

Place bag in microwave and it caught fire and almost blew up microwave, tried another bag and did the same thing. Very angry and upset, this could burn someone's house down or hurt a child or an adult and severely hurt them. This definitely needs to be pursued and looked into deeper. I see possible class action here. I will be contacting my class action attorneys on this serious issue.

This is a CIVIC of pakistan who unluckily purchased your product for the first time in his life. I read the full instructions and even applied helpful tips before popping my first purchase of kettle corn. To my sheer observation and attending microwave for four minutes, the first corn popped at countdown (00:02:20). Less than 20 popped. I even applied one minute cup of water before. Being angry I gave it another chance. Nothing happened!

Ok we bought some pop weaver popcorn. We got home with a red box movie slammed a bag in the microwave hit popcorn and walked away. Then after microwave beeped walked over took the bag out it was almost on fire. Took it out of the house through it out the door. Tried 1 more bag stopped it in like a little more than 1 minute same problem. Googled it read about 8 reviews then saw one that made sense: cut a piece of cardboard place it in the microwave. Now put the popcorn bag on top of it and hit popcorn 1.75 ounce or 1 min 45 second on high. Perfect everytime. Google is the greatest thing. Enjoy.

The popcorn will not pop, tried all the bags. Added more time to see if that would work and started a fire in my microwave. Thank goodness I was standing there to catch it. Thinking it may be my micro, I used a neighbor's, same results. My micro was not damaged, but it makes me worry for other consumers and a house fire.

Every other bag is not popping. Although I set the same for all bags, some pops correctly, the others don't. I emailed them. I did not get a response back. It's just like am paying for something halfway. I pay for a full and only get half. Don't get me wrong. I love Pop Weaver popcorn. Just I pay for 10 bags, only 5 pop correctly.

My son loves popcorn, so one day while shopping, he decided to try Pop Weaver. Seeing that it is a regular brand of popcorn, I was okay with his choice. Oh how I wish I could turn back the clock and change that decision! The first thing my son does when we get home is put a bag of Pop Weaver popcorn in the microwave. Now this microwave is top of the line, its only 5 years old and I have NEVER had a problem with it.

About 5 seconds into the popcorn cycle sparks start flying inside the microwave and I immediately pulled the door open to stop the microwave from running. At first I thought maybe my son put some foil or something in with the popcorn. Much to my dismay, I found that only the popcorn bag was in the microwave. We thought maybe there was something wrong with that particular bag, so we put a new bag in. It did the same thing. Sparks were flying! So I decided to put a bowl of soup in the microwave to see if the sparks were an issue of the microwave itself or the popcorn. The bowl of soup cooked beautifully. So, for the sake of certainty, I decided to try the Pop Weaver popcorn just one more time. Once again, sparks flew. This time, it caught on fire and ruined the microwave!

My first thought was to contact Pop Weaver. Surely a large company like that would understand my concern and rectify the situation. Boy was I wrong! Once I finally spoke to a live human being, which by the way took hours of research and being on hold, they said that I would have to email customer service. What happened to the days of voice communication? So I did as they asked. A few DAYS later, I received an email from a guy asking me to take pictures of the microwave and the damage. He said that a prepaid box would be mailed to me and that I needed to put the remainder of the unused popcorn in the box and mail it back to them so they could investigate.

Two weeks and several emails later, I finally get a response. The determination? You guessed it. There was no fault on the side of Pop Weaver. They did their investigation and found nothing wrong. Surprise, surprise! I wonder how many times they actually HAVE admitted their fault and replaced someone's ruined microwave?

In conclusion, they did offer to send me a new box of popcorn! I had to take a minute and laugh. Why would I want more of their defective popcorn? Maybe I want to ruin my new microwave as well!! I asked for a refund of the box of popcorn that I mailed back to them. That was 2 weeks ago and I never received a response. So sad! I hope Pop Weaver understands that I have shared this story with well over a hundred people already who have said that they will never use their product.

I purchased a 24-pack of the extra butter Pop Weaver. It must have come from Walmart. I don't shop there often and I do not go through a lot of popcorn. I noticed that unlike the brands I had gotten in the past, this brand does not come with a piece of cardboard to set it on. I figured they have come up with better technology and don't need it anymore. I didn't think much of it until on about my 16th or so bag I hit the popcorn button on my microwave and about 1/2 way through the popping, I hear the glass rotating tray break. There was an oil spot from the bottom of the package on the glass and it broke into three pieces. As far as the other bags go, I'm sending them in to the address on the package with a letter expressing my concern. I never had issue with taste and the prior bags all popped properly but did leave oil on the tray. Lesson learned the hard way. You still need a cardboard buffer under the package or you get a broken tray.

Well, let me tell you my husband loves his popcorn every night. So this particular time that we put a bag in the microwave, pressed the popcorn button and it barely popped. I took the bag out of the microwave and discovered that only 5% of it popped and the rest was burned. So the next try, we thought we'd first open the bag like we had done in the past with other brands and pour it in and pop it in a pot. Well, this time, the whole thing burned. So we immediately went to buy a box of Orville Redenbacher and it popped beautifully in the microwave and in the pot.

My wife and I have bought Pop Weaver microwavable popcorn for the past year and a half because of the price but have had several bags not opened entirely which has in turn caused burning and, in 2 recent incidents, produced fires. The first fire involving Pop Weaver Popcorn, I kind of wrote it off thinking it was my microwave which was 10 years old. It scorched the microwave and I quickly purchased a new one. That was 2 months ago. Last night, another fire was started due to what I believe to be faulty packaging from the Pop Weaver company. I will throw the remaining bags away and spend the extra money to go with popcorn made by a better company.

I was happy to get a box of 24 single-bag, microwaveable popcorn from Walmart in Kingston, NY, but it is the worst popcorn ever. Shame on whoever put this on the shelves! As soon as I got home, I put a bag in the microwave and it burned. I was not surprised since Walmart is a low-quality superstore that sells cheap stuff, but it's a shame that they even put the whole story about those idiots who created the microwaveable popcorn on the box. Shame on you Walmart! I am an unhappy buyer, and I will never shop at Walmart again, for sure.

I put a bag of Pop Weaver's microwave popcorn in the microwave. I set the timer for two minutes. In one minute, smoke was coming out of the microwave. I opened the microwave door and threw the smoking bag outside. I cleared the house of smoke and cleaned the microwave. I checked the bag of popcorn outside and it had burned half of the corn in the middle of the bag. The corn was burned so bad that it turned to ashes when I touched it.

I put a bag of Hyvee microwave popcorn in microwave so as to check what's wrong with my microwave. It popped with no problem. So it was not my microwave that is the problem, but rather it is Pop Weaver's fault. I will never buy that brand again.

By the way, I will not involve my private phone in any situation. My phone is for personal use.

Over the last three months, the Caramel and Sweet popcorn seed (50lbs bags) have been terrible! I'm only getting a little over half the kernels that we used to get. The rest is waste. The dry popper takes twice as long to pop a single batch than it used to, three months ago. We are using twice as much seed to get the same usable popped kernels. I believe the moisture content has something to do with how the kernels pop up. They are very small and 1/3 of the seed does not even pop, it just burns.

On January 30, 2009 at approximately 11:00 pm, I put a bag of Pop Weaver Extra Butter popcorn into my microwave. After about a minute I could smell something like it was burning, so opened the microwave door at which time my entire house immediately filled with a very toxic smoke. The microwave had smoke rolling from it and I was frightened because the fumes were so strong, I wasn't sure that I wasn't going to pass out. I opened the doors and kitchen windows, and turned the overhead fans on, as well as turned on the exhaust fan on the stove. I then cleaned the microwave which was covered in a sticky, slimy, yellow substance, which would not come off.

The house still has this very strong odor and it is now 5:40 pm on January 31, 2009. I have felt ill ever since the incident, with a severe headache, congestion, burning eyes, and nausea. My husband also has suffered from a severe headache and a general not well feeling. I have COPD and asthma and this incident has caused me much discomfort and difficulty breathing. I have taken a breathing treatment with my nebulizer, but still do not feel better.

The bag of popcorn smells like burnt plastic and is very hard a lumpy. No sign of popcorn. I am very concerned that there is the possibility of product tampering, and/or an ingredient in the product which caused this very toxic smoke and odor. My husband called the 800 consumer line at the Pop Weaver company and left a message telling them what had happened with the corn. He did not go into any detail about it's effects on our health in his message on the phone. I have saved the bag of popcorn. I need guidance about where to take this problem. I believe it could be a very serious problem and I don't want it left alone. I would appreciate being contacted with information on what to do about this. Thank you.

Weaver Popcorn Company Profile