3.36/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

T.G.I. Friday's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

123 T.G.I. Friday's Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 17, 2015

This is second time I order food from T.G.I. Fridays in Milford, Ma and get everything wrong - not happy, pay big money for the food I don't order plus wrong stuff.

Original review: May 11, 2015

My kids took me for apps and cocktails. Food Bad. $12 Sangria. Bill was $70. Will never go to Friday's again. I remember when the place was nice. Decor, food. Now over priced, bad food.

Original review: May 10, 2015

Took over an hour to get food. Foods wasn't good, server going crazy serving 10 tables, manager eating in kitchen, took another 30 minutes to get check. Wasted 2 hours of our life. This is our 3rd attempt at multiple TGIFs WITH SIMILAR RESULTS and for sure our LAST!!

Original review: May 2, 2015

I actually wish there was a lower rating than one star. It was my first time at a TGI FRIDAY'S, and it was the worst experience in my life from the waitresses to the manager. They took way too long to bring us our drinks, appetizers, and main course. The food wasn't too good either. The burger was way salty, just like the fries. It was my sister's birthday and no one acknowledged that. She was wearing a crown and a sash. You'd literally had to be blind not to see it was her birthday.

I actually felt like the waitresses had personal problems with us. Regardless, when we were done and wanted our check not one person helped us. And at first we signaled to get help, then I signaled any passing waitress and they all ignored me, until I was fed up I had to raise my voice because maybe they didn't hear me. It got to the point where I had to get up from my seat and look for a manager. I told him that nobody was helping us and that we just wanted the check. We got our check and the manager didn't bother to apologize for such a poor service.

I mean, if your company's motto is that you don't care about providing at the very least a good customer service, then you're a great job communicating it. This service was to say the least, an insult. We had such a terrible time that it would take a lot for me to try another location even. This visit inspires me to blacklist Friday's to everyone I know. I'm so outraged that I'm even writing this complaint. And that's not all. I'm so mad I'm going on Yelp, Facebook, any social media to make sure and let other people know what insulting service is offered at this particular location!

Original review: April 12, 2015

We are a group of 3. Waited almost a hour to get our food and when it got there, the food was cold and Order was wrong. Waiter also had a attitude. Need store training asap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T.G.I. Friday's?

Original review: April 5, 2015

Ordered a salad along with my meal that was overpriced. Anywhere else that you go, a $4 salad would be much larger than at TGI Fridays. Main meal wasn't even all that tasty. But to top it off was the almost $7 brownie dessert for me and my wife which I could have ate in 2 or 3 bites myself. Like c'mon people.

Original review: April 2, 2015

To start, the food was horrible. It was cold and not proportion well. They lied and said the starters were half price for their lunch special and we were charged full price. When we were ready to leave, our server was too busy flirting with the host to bring us our check. Finally, after receiving the check, our server felt free to take a dollar from the change. Worst restaurant I have been to.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

On Feb 10th 2015 I was on my way home from work and decided to pick up some food for dinner. I checked to see how late TGI Fridays in Leesburg Virginia would be open. According to the internet TGI would be open until 0200. At 0100 I showed up only to find the kitchen was close and they were only open for drinks. From the look of the parking lot I will assume the kitchen may have been close sometime because only one car was still in the parking lot. If I knew the kitchen was close I would have stop at Chilli's who also close at 0200. What time does TGI Friday in Leesburg close? What time does the kitchen actually close? Very bad for business and I was very disappointed. Signed hungry.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Today me and my mom and friend and kids decided to try out TGI FRIDAY'S after much buzz from other friends. I found the experience ok! The staff were absolutely lovely and the service was brilliant, only downside it is overpriced, cocktail wise plus jack daniels burger was nothing special so a bit disappointed we paid nearly £100.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Ordered my food well done and it came raw with blood dripping from it. Waiter came and took meat off the plate but left the bloody plate. Both men and women bathrooms were filthy couldn't even use it. Manager came by once and never followed up!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

I am a regular customer at TGI Friday's for past 5 years, same location. Always happy with their service at that particular location until last week. I'm an immigrant from Europe who holds a green card or permanent resident card, that proves my identity or my age. So as Regular went for lunch to TGI Fridays with a coworker and been there many times and been served alcohol all the time with the green card. No questions asked until that one day, the server refused to even look at it and told me it's not ID and asked for driver's license which I do not have yet. After that the manager came out and told me we can't take green card as a identification while same location did it for past 3 years no problem, I was shocked, embarrassed and just felt really treated unfairly. I felt discriminated.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2015

First I'd like to state that we are very great patrons and tip thoroughly based on our experiences as a whole. That being said- first time to TGIFridays- Our server "Alexis" was very disengaged and seemed as if she didn't want to be there. In fact the vibe upon entering the restaurant for the first time made us feel like we couldn't trust the environment and its cleanliness or its food and the menu was not only confusing but very disorganized...a true reflection of the restaurant as a whole. In fact, I told my husband and brother that I felt we should leave and they thought we should just try it. I know my intuition when I feel my gut telling me to get out!

Our table was one of 3 and we weren't even a remote priority, she even dropped the "F" bomb when talking about the kid's menu and the ribs you serve, implying that even the kids menu was fabulous and people were surprised by it. My husband and brother had "decent" meals but nothing special, honestly, meals that would be better created at home. I ordered a simple grilled cheese and soup. My grilled cheese was mostly bread and the cheese was mostly at the tip of the "triangle" slices, my soup bowl was 1/2 full and for $5 I expect a full bowl of soup (my stomach even hurts a little as I write this and I pray I do not get ill). How difficult is it to put cheese between bread and grill it? As a restaurant establishment, I'd assume they'd take pride in your dishes enough to rock a simple grilled cheese sandwich regardless if it was off the kid's menu.

A couple bites was all I took and I ate the fruit side dish - the waitress returned and we told her everything was great (which is wasn't) and expressed that we had concerns about the grilled cheese for future patrons. She acted depressive and mumbled she'd get her manager- which she did not get him. A man was in the corner staring at us from afar and she returned and said "you all good?" in which we asked for the check. We were not in any way impressed or feeling any sort of redemption to make us want to come back. The atmosphere alone made us uneasy.

As she brought the check she said nothing, reached the payment bi-fold out open faced as she held it implying "just give me your money" and went about her way. She circled that they removed the charges for the grilled cheese kids meal but never said anything like "We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope you join us again in the future- you can see we removed that dish for you and apologize for the trouble." Instead she looked at us with a blank face and attitude as she walked away.

Because of her attitude and lack of professionalism she did not get a tip (I am always a great tipper and rate it on experience, this however was an exception to my rule of always tipping something. We were terribly disappointed in how the situation was handled. We know that it's not her fault for the awful food, but she could have at least made us feel as if she cared enough about our business to redeem herself as one human to another and apologize for the inconvenience). If we could rate this experience and the establishment it would fail tremendously. Sub-par rating for a sub-par restaurant.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I waited for my appetizers for 45 minutes and it was cold but as we started to eat the appetizers the main dish comes. My husband and my daughter all look at each other. She checked on us maybe 30 minutes after someone else brought the food to us. The food were all cold then we didn't see her again for another 30 minutes. I think she needs more training.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

My family and a host of friend visited your company store in the Falls (Miami FL) to celebrate the Dedication of my grandson. Prior arrangements was made for the guest to attend TGI Friday’s Sunday after the function. Upon our arrival we were seated, Time 1:30 p.m. We sat for at least 10 to 20 minutes before someone was assigned to assist in taking care of our group: The group was only aside on Hostess (Abby **). This young lady could not serve 27 to 30 people in the group. Request assistance from the manager. He didn't accommodate the table. The young lady he did send was working another area. So she was not dedicated to our guest. Appetizers was order from the host: additional chargers was added to the bill because the host was instructed to charge the table in that way. They may bring out an order every 20 to 30 minutes.

At this time we still don't have water, drinks. Not enough assistance. Young lady overwhelmed. We sat from 1:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. and still had not placed our food order. After placing the orders we had to wait an hour before the food came out. The food was cold. Bread hard from over-toasting. Manager not very respectful. I attempted to speak with him concerning the service and his answer to me was he was not aware we were coming. He is the store Manager (ADAM **). As I’m speaking with ** he attempted to walk away from me while I was speaking my concerns. He made NO!! adjustment to our situation, not playing the race card, but I need to. If my group was of a different culture I'm sure we wouldn't be ignored and my group was. I've never spent so much time in an establishment, and the food was not good. Such poor service from the Chefs. This gathering spent well over $400.00, and a manager who decided he would avoid our group, and show such a negative attitude.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

We waited a long time for our food. I ordered steak and lobster tail. I ordered the steak medium. The lobster was charred and stringy. The steak was red raw. The only thing edible was the mashed and broccoli. The meal was absolutely horrible. I will never eat at a tgi Fridays again. I told the waiter, he said "ohh..sorry about that." Not even an offer to recook it. It was like throwing $60.00 in the garbage.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

My boyfriend (33) and I (40) went to have a drink and appetizer at a TGI Friday's located in Riverside, CA... we were asked for our ID. I handed my CA driver licence and my boyfriend his passport from Spain because he is visiting. The waiter took the passport to the manager to see that it was accepted as a valid ID. Manager said he would accepted for this time but it was the company policy to only accept US id's. My question is... so tourists don't have the right to consume alcohol at this restaurant, only US residents and citizens? I call that discrimination. I have been to Spain twice and have never heard such a stupid thing. Imagine if other countries would do the same thing to us when we travel overseas.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

So I went to Friday's in Bayonne, sat down, waited 15 minutes for my order to be taken, then after the lady took my order, I waited with my family about another 20 minutes and no food. Then when I asked the girl how long before my food came out, she looked at me with this dumbfounded look and then walked away, went to the kitchen, and came out with someone else's food that came in after me. So me and my wife got upset, got up, and went to walk out.

The so-called manager stopped me, brought the food in Styrofoam, and said "I'm sorry, here's my phone number. Call me next week and I will make it up to you." So after I finally got my wife to calm down, she agreed to go back. So I called the manager the first time, and he didn't answer my phone call. So I said "fine, I'll wait it out." Maybe he'll call me back, he never did. Then I tried to call again a week later and he had a woman pick up the phone and say you dialed the wrong number, without even letting me speak or letting me ask for him, and that's the number the manager gave me. I am done with this place. This is the third incident I had with this T.G.I. Friday's. Never go here.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

Service was exceedingly slow. It took 15 minutes to get menus. Our order was not right and came out wrong. We were then charged for food we did not order. It took 20 minutes to ask for our check and then another 10-15 minutes to get it. We had to flag other servers to get any service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2014

We called and made a reservation and they said we had to wait. We got there on time and they still made us wait 30 minutes and when we got the food, the food was dirty and the cup was dirty. The waitress was rude to us and she wanted us to leave early.

Original review: June 30, 2014

Went to TGIF in Bayonne, NJ on Sunday to watch the soccer game... I asked to taste a beer on tap and was served... After I finished the sample, I was asked for ID... I am 65 years old and the bartender was about 22... During my visit, other people who were much younger than me were served without showing ID... I just left the place.

Original review: March 1, 2014

TGI Friday on Whittlesey Road, Columbus, GA on 27 Feb 2014: My wife of 50 years and I, with my daughter and son-in-law picked TGI Fridays because of the great dining experiences we have had at different cities around the country. When we were seated, the waiter asked what we would like to drink. We ordered a round of draft beer. Suddenly, we were asked for our IDs/driver's license. We were stunned. It has been many, many, many years since we have had to prove our age. My wife stated that she didn't bring her license. My wife rarely carries her license because I do all the driving.

The waiter said he would have to get the manager. Eventually he came back and said that the manager was on her way. Again he asked about drinks. Again, my wife told him she didn't have her license with her. Again he left. The manager finally came and stated that it was TGI Fridays policy to see proof of age. We stated that we had just eaten at TGI Fridays in Gatlinburg, TN (Feb 8, 2014) and no one asked for IDs. The manager then began to back down stating that it might be a regional thing. My wife ask her if she looked like she was underage. The manager said she looked old enough, but still would not serve her.

The manager was not in the least bit nice, polite or understanding. We left the restaurant and went next door to the LongHorn and had a wonderful meal. And guess what? No one asked for an ID. We were embarrassed and insulted to be treated in that manner by a restaurant that we had begun to look for when we were in strange cities. This may be the last time we enter another TGI Fridays. There are far to many good places to eat to take a chance on being insulted again.

Original review: June 26, 2013

On June 1, I visited the TGIF in Westbury, NY for lunch where I ordered a turkey burger. After eating almost 1/2 of the burger, I knew something was just off. When I had the waitress check to make sure it was a turkey burger, she said, "Yes it is," but took it to the kitchen to check. The manager then came out and confirmed that the burger was actually a BEEF burger. He offered to make me a new burger himself. I said, "I do not want anything else because I was already sick to my stomach that I just ate beef for the very first time in my life." I am a Hindu and by my religious customs, we do not eat beef at all. We honor the cow and will never eat beef.

I am so upset and disgusted that a business would serve someone a beef burger instead of a turkey burger. I was also very upset that the only thing the manager wanted to do was make a new burger. This is my religion. A new burger will not fix what has been done. In my 28 years on this earth, I've done my very best to follow my religion and not partake in eating beef. It hurts that your business was the cause of me breaking that oath. The manager gave me a $10 credit for an appetizer. What good will that do? That afternoon, I became so sick because my body was never used to that type of meat. I ended up having stomach aches after leaving TGIF, not how I planned to spend my afternoon after visiting your restaurant. I will never eat here again since I will always have to live in fear that I will be served something that I did not order. This is not how a business should be run.

Original review: June 20, 2012

I was charged double on my debit card. They want my credit card number for reimbursement. I had to cancel my card due to being used several times with fraudulent charges. Police were notified.

Original review: May 22, 2012

St. Charles, IL location has bartender and management issues - Good food, but have fights, especially at this St. Charles location. Since it opened in October 2002, I personally have seen 3 bar area arguments/fights. One of them, me and my party were involved in. Now, this is 3 times that I happened to be there on occasion (and it wasn't like I was there every other day, either), no telling how many other times. This is Friday's, not Denny's or Cadillac Ranch or Zero Gravity. And yes, I can understand some bad things can happen randomly anywhere at anytime, but at a family restaurant like Friday's, this should be minimal at best.

Some bartenders over-serve drunk customers (to maximize tip money despite the universal common sense cutoff rule that any good bartender knows). I have seen this with my own eyes. One time, as I mentioned above, some guy was wasted along with his 7 friends - must have been some birthday gathering or something. Me and my party of two other guys were sitting 3 feet away, not drinking, just having dinner. When this drunk guy bumped me and then proceeded to sneeze in my direction in my food 3 separate times, I had enough. Some words came out of our mouths and before you know it, all of us were standing and in each other's faces and a brawl almost happened.

Now keep in mind this was 8 of them vs 3 of us. They had a few female friends with them too and it was plainly obvious they were trying to act loud and tough for the chicks. Parts of the confrontation then spilled outside! I tell you, you got to respect some 5' 5”, 130 pound guy (if that) who can bark curse words and threats when he has seven friends standing behind him yelling crap and talking with their hands like g-moneys. Here's my point: The manager on duty took roughly 3 minutes to determine there was a problem, and then stepped in. Other people casually dining (some senior citizens!) were all interrupted and watching all of this take place! The manager was sitting at the other end of the restaurant, flirting with the other "just got off their shift" waitresses at another table.

Any good manager would have been to the problem in no more than about 20 seconds. I could literally run from one side of the restaurant to the other in about 6 seconds. The manager was real quick to throw us all out, and wait for their party to leave separately (then ours a few minutes after them) because he knew had something happened, either damage to anybody or within the restaurant itself, or even at some other parking lot or location, Friday's in the long run would be held partially liable for continuing to serve already drunk people and the manager knew that full well. Me and my party made formal complaints to Friday's corporate. After seeing copies of our receipts and hearing our side of the story, corporate sent us their apologies and some gift certificates.

A few weeks later, I was in the restaurant picking up food. One of the waitresses behind the bar must have recognized me and went and told one of the managers (some new manager this week around, the restaurant goes through managers every month), who then came up to me and told me that he had heard that "I was the culprit" of some big fight a few weeks back and that his wait staff felt "uncomfortable" with me being there (a total lie and damage control type of response) and asked me to leave. I guess if some drunk fool sneezes in your food 3 times, you are just supposed to smile and pat them on the shoulder. I told him very professionally that I was there getting take-out, not causing any disturbances and that I wasn't about to explain the facts of what really happened because it was obvious he wasn't even there that evening and he had clearly been misinformed. But that if he wanted to remove me, he was welcome to call the police or physically remove me.

He didn't know what to say, so he just walked away. I continued to stand by the bar counter and waited for our food. I got my food with no further problems and left. I doubt he called the police (I could just see cops coming and asking what was up and seeing just a regular customer ordering take-out food). I contacted Friday's corporate about this incident as well. I have been back to the restaurant various times with friends or family, and nobody has said anything. I still recommend the restaurant, but this Friday's (St. Charles location) has had its issues.

Original review: March 17, 2012

I visited TGI Friday's in Columbia, SC. today. When I was seated, I had my cell phone with me and my Bluetooth headset in my ear. When my food arrived, I turned off the ringer to my cell phone and took the headset out of my ear and conspicuously placed it on the side of the table as I always do when I eat out because I do not like to be disturbed with phone calls while I'm eating. I ate my food and cleaned up my mess by stacking the dishes and placing used napkins on top of the stacked dishes. I paid my bill, left a tip on the table and I left the restaurant at about 5:40 pm.

I drove less than 1/2 mile from the restaurant before I realized that I left my Bluetooth headset on the table so I immediately turned around and arrived back at the restaurant at 5:56 pm. By the time I got there, the table had been cleaned of everything including dishes, tip and my headset. I asked the staff about it and everybody I talked to said that they hadn't seen it. I asked who cleaned the table and was told by some of the employees that they didn't know who cleaned the table. I then asked to speak to the manager and shortly thereafter, I was approached by the kitchen manager who basically told me that it was not their problem that I lost my headset. While I was speaking to that particular manager, the busboy who cleaned the table approached us and admitted to being the person who did, in fact, clean the table after I left but said he didn't see a Bluetooth headset on the table. The manager gestured for the busboy to stay quiet and go back to what he was doing prior to joining us.

While I was eating, the headset was visible throughout the entire time and because I have a habit of stacking the dishes and trash before I leave any restaurant. The headset was still clearly visible when I left. It doesn't make sense to me that in 16 minutes, my headset had been removed from the table with everything else and nobody (not even the busboy) had ever seen it. Not only am I extremely upset about the fact that somebody stole my headset, but I'm even more livid about the nasty and unprofessional demeanor of the kitchen manager as well as the manner of which this matter was handled. Had I driven away and not realized that I left the headset until 30 minutes or an hour later, it would make better sense that I would likely have no chance of getting it back and I would be upset with nobody but myself.

I'm sure that the tip I left didn't happen to get lost before or while the table was cleaned, and there is no way I'm going to believe that the Bluetooth headset was incidentally thrown away and everybody I spoke to in the restaurant implied. I brought that headset just a little over a month ago and spent over $100 on it and I don't know if there is anything that can be done to rectify my loss but I am certainly going to push the issue and raise as much stink as I can just for the principle if nothing else because I know that no matter what, employees are suppose to turn in anything they find left behind on the tables.

Needless to say, I will never visit that restaurant again. I have no desire to give any business to a place who has a thief for an employee and managers who uphold them. I pity the person(s) who might accidentally leaves a wallet or credit card there.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2012

T.G.I Friday's lack of information and misleading knowledge on bookings. I am angry at the staff in TGI Friday’s in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. They seem to not know their restaurant regulations and are so rude too. I tried to book a table 3 weeks before Valentine’s through coming to restaurant, phone calls and online bookings but failed. At least they could have the decency to tell us that they are already fully booked and not to make us believe and promise that they can give us a table on that day. Our Valentine’s night was ruined!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2012

Your advertising and picture promotions prompted me to visit your Boynton Beach Florida Congress Ave. location. Needless to say, it was a disappointing visit. I am not complaining about my partner's meal, but mine. After trying your very tasty onion soup for $4.00 (did not get bread or crackers), I ordered the skewer of shrimp (12 small shrimps for $9.00, and again, no bread or crackers, and the side vegetable was plain mashed potatoes). Tell me, since when do you incorporate cheese inside a scoop of mashed potatoes? It's disgusting. That's not what I ordered, and your wait server did not mention this dumb addition to have cheese inside. I only wanted mashed potatoes. The meal turned me off, and just left with the shrimp in the plate, and me out the door. So rather than cause a scene, it was over. I would like to have a credit for the cost of this so called meal. Every restaurant I have every been to serves crackers or bread and butter.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2012

I tried to book a table for 4 on Valentine's Day from TGI Friday in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol 3 weeks beforehand via online but their website kept telling me there was a problem and that it could not get into the booking system, so my husband and I went to their restaurant in Cribbs Causeway instead to book it personally but we were told they could not book it there either as it has to be online or if not to call their number to book by phone. I was confuse but could not do anything but to do what they said.

Anyway, I tried online again but still there was a problem, so I rang their number and tried to book it but the lady on the phone told me that she could not book me right there and then and advice me to turn up at the restaurant on Valentine's Day and we should be able to get a table, no problem. Thinking everything is fine, my friends from London came to celebrate with us only when we got to TGI Cribbs causeway we were told it is fully booked and that we might be able to get a table by 10pm but no guarantee, I did explain to the lady in charge but she just shrugged her shoulder. So embarrassed to my friends, we will not be coming back to that restaurant again so unprofessional!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2012

Their inept location can’t fill and order within an hour and fill a 70 dollar order the way it was called in. OMG! They are so inept, unbelievable! Who the *** would go to this location is a stupid fool. They must be stuck and really hungry, there are plenty of places that can get it right. **** Panda Express across the parking loss will go away better job than that place. The manager is Dani. If you think I am lying, speak to Chris T. the assistant manager. He also won't take responsibility for their big mistakes.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2011

I bought a meal for myself and my friends using a TGI Friday's gift card. I checked the card later and found the remaining amount didn't match my receipt. I called the restaurant and we determined that the waitress had run my card twice that night. I was promised by the manager there would be another gift card in the mail the next day to make up the difference. I never received it. After several weeks, I called again. No one there seems to have any recollection of me or my complaint anymore, and I seem to just be out of luck. I’m very unsatisfied with TGI Friday's. Decent food, terrible customer service. I won't be going back.

T.G.I. Friday's Company Information