3.9/5 (337 ratings)

About Schwan's

Schwan's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I tried the pizza and Asian chicken, both were a disappointment! The chicken was rubbery, the pizza wasn't fit to eat, I do like the desserts, ice cream, etc. I do not recommend these meals though. Some of the other meals may be ok....But, I don't dare order more.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Placed an order and have been with Schwan's for years - they sent an email that my order would be delivered between 1 and 3 - I waited all day and finally called them at 5:30 pm to see if they were running late and was told they didn’t have a driver to deliver. Outdoor they have not had the common courtesy to let the customer know? Nick -CSR rude and not helpful at all.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

They take an order give you a delivery time don't show up and afterwards say they are having staffing problems. Worthless managed company. If you like melted refrozen ice cream treats this would be the company to go to.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

My family enjoys all the food we order. We’ve received products from every selling category, and are pleased with them all. Our driver texts before his arrival, and always makes certain we have everything we need. He’s even adjusted a delivery time on the day of service, helping us out of a bind. He takes time for the neighbors. Great product and service. Call center is great, as well. They go above and beyond.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I get text messages directly from my driver, he gives cooking tips and suggestions too! This guy is amazing! Food is great too! Pricey but the quantity that you get balances out. I normally only purchase items on sale or with coupons. Love them!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I got my 2 and not my other 2 stuff. But I do get my money back. They only charge you what's available. Thought I got ripped off but not happy, didn't get the other 2 stuff. I'm not going to buy anything from them again, store is better.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I'm a new customer referred by a family member. I ordered online two weeks ago. My order has been rescheduled serval times. No one called to let me know my delivery was delayed. I made a complaint, no upper management has reached out. I did receive a discount & the customer service representatives are nice. That does not make up for the poor customer service. I have been rescheduled for delivery four times.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Sorry but I wanted to place a order. Was unaware he was here until he drove off. Customer lost. I will never order from Schwan's again. Jerks. They need to let people know when they arrive instead of just driving off like he did.

Original review: May 20, 2021

We were customers for years and enjoyed the convenience but kept hearing about mistreatment of drivers and the lack of their safety as well as the slow decline in product line and variety as well as safety began to decline. Drivers work long hours and weather cond. And our driver was exceptional. Schwan's has a mainly meat oriented menu and obtains shrimp from Vietnam instead of a United States distributor. They fail to carry much gluten free, sugar free or dairy free items as well as limited menu for vegans except for their seafood and vegetables.

Constant demand for sales and bottom line became more important than having gel packs in the freezers to put into customers freezer bags to keep foods cold during hot weather - putting foods in peril and safety of their customers consumption. Four min. timing from entering driveways to packing the order to delivery to door became the norm to meet deadlines rather than make sure the customer didn't forget anything or to update them on the latest catalog and products. No time for questions or chit chat... Deadlines and bottom line became the goal.

Anyone who has had to make a phone call to be put on hold and be asked to press this number or that and wait longer and or be transferred to automated system knows how impersonal and cold this is, and again it's to save money that would go to support a person's family, or help a student make it thru college, so the 'personal support and personal touch 'baby' got thrown out the window with the bath. When you lose 'touch' with your customers..You lose customers. Our driver cared, and went out of her way for everyone, and was a dedicated driver and still managed to have high sales, but schwans became more concerned about braking too often on country roads and lack of concern for safety issues outweighed the excellent job she was doing even during a pandemic. She is not the only one, as we heard it from the very first driver we had knock on our door, to the gentleman who preceded her, so this is not isolated.

We loved many of their products, over the years, but they also changed their schwans pay program, which is also one of the reasons for our decision to leave, but the main reason is.. That person became like family to us and we don't take kindly to mistreatment of our family. It's always sad to see a good company lose sight of what got them to where they are.. The customers. We are not the only ones who cancelled their accounts with schwans... Some of our neighbors felt the same way about our driver and her sweet demeanor and knowledge of the products and caring way she made sure to circle back at times to make sure we got our orders.. We can find similar products but you can't duplicate those employees who are steadfast, honest, dedicated, and caring. Their loss is another company's gain. You can only beat a good horse.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Asked to speak to a manager and Eddie stated that a person who was an existing customer, whose delivery was changed x4, who was told the driver was 15 min away-did not qualify to speak to a manager. Not sure what does?

Original review: March 9, 2021

Why, when a company has a THREE HOUR window to deliver your order, this can't be met? I had a window from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. today. It is now 6:30 and no delivery yet. I called Customer Service after four and a half hours and was told that my house was fourth on the list at that time. This is ridiculous. Were the deliveries before mine in another state? This was only my second time ordering. The first time, another three hour window, the delivery was late also. I must say that the food is excellent. It's just not worth the aggravation of delivery times. If this cavalier attitude of delivery continues, people are going to go elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

SERVICE SUCKS!!! – Good Food, but Delivery Date & Time is TOTALLY UNRELIABLE!!! Original delivery date was 2/1/2021. I received a text with a 2-hour (3:23 PM-5:23 PM) window today, 2/6/2021. Then I receive an e-mail that I have been “rescheduled” to a date 9 DAYS LATER on 2/15/2021!!! This would be the SECOND RESCHEDULING for an order placed January 5th, 2021.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Love my weekly delivery and that most of what we want is right on the truck. It's so nice to have someone already know what my family likes that comes with consistent drivers and Schwan has always provided the best drivers.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The delivery driver is always very professional and friendly, he will bring it in if need be. The Food is always tasting good. We order almost every week or so. We recommending this to everybody.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Use to love getting deliveries from them over month. There was variety and they had good food. However the problem is the cost. It continues to go up and there are just better alternatives out there to replace them. I think they will stick around but they need to revamp if they are going to continue to be completive.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I began deliveries with Schwans about 3 months ago and have expanded my purchases with each order. They add new items each month and they are usually of superior quality. My deliveries are scheduled and arrive within 10 minutes of that time, so I am also ready to pack my freezer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

In general I find the food from Schwan's good and the delivery has been convenient. However if you ever happened to have a problem and call their Customer Care phone number be prepared for LOTS of frustration! Both times this has happened to me I was unable to resolve issues of wrong items being delivered -usually more expensive over trephine with them. The call center seems to be unable to actually resolve such problems themselves and serve primarily as triage necessitating an additional call (and wait), or they will call you back at THEIR convenience.

After some heated discussion I was able to get the delivery supervisor's number -he acknowledged that the Customer Care was ineffectual, was very apologetic and helped get it taken care of. But if you don't have such a number you are doomed to long delays, need for additional calls with even more delays!! It has become hard to balance getting reasonably good food conveniently with such headaches!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I made my first online pre pay order on Dec 28th for delivery Dec 31st specifically for one particular item. On 31st when driver showed up he said he had sold my prepaid item and would deliver on my next order. I told him I had only ordered this stuff specifically for that item that was needed for week of 4-8th. He told me I would not be charged for item then. Got notification on 2nd that I was indeed charged, and charged double, for item not received. So I called customer service and all they wanted to do was give me a credit. I decided to call back a different day Jan 5th to talk to someone else. She finally agreed to give me a refund but will take 3 weeks. When I said that was unacceptable was told that's just how it is.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I am very upset with this company, I placed an order for a Christmas gift, and what a shame everything arrived frayed, the quinoa bag exploded, my sister called to complain, and they told her that they would send it to her again and they sent it to her the same, and on top, they did not put the ribs that were paid.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

A picture says 1000 words. I bought a Red Baron frozen Pizza and this is what I found when I opened the lavishly decorated package. Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Again, a picture is worth 100 words.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Just want to say we have been ordering food from Schwan's for over 3 years. We have had 2 different delivery people and they both were/are so nice. They call me by name, are always accurate with my order, deal with my barking dog. and could not be nicer. They must really screen their delivery drivers and train them well.

Original review: July 22, 2020

On 6/18/2020 I received an order via UPS that included 3 boxes. The box with ice cream had the fewest packs of dry ice. A gallon of ice cream packed on its side had melted all over the other items. I "chatted" with Jamie that day and asked for a credit to my credit card for the items in that box that were destroyed and had to be trashed. He told me he opened a ticket and to allow a few days. On 6/29 I again "chatted" this time with Robert I. He confirmed that my ticket was open but that he could not tell me when it would be addressed.

It is now 7/21 and I have not been contacted nor have I seen the credit applied to my account. Whenever I call I get a recording that I am outside business hours, even though I am in the times noted on their site. Food was OK and it was very convenient during the pandemic to limit visits to the store. However, it is now summer, I don't trust the shipping in the heat and will not deal with a company that refuses to make their error right. I should not have to keep calling.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Your customer service is AWFUL. I just called to attempt to cancel the delivery since it was moved to Saturday and I will not be here. Schwan's REFUSED. Specifically, an agent named William and a floor supervisor named Kelli. (She refused to provide a last name and said she does not have a manager I can speak with, complete LIES!) Worst service I've seen in ages. You just lost a customer.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Was a customer a few years and this year 2020 tried to give them another shot. Placing my order was no problem except when it came to the delivery date. Upon the scheduled date I actually received a generic phone call from Schwan's about having to reschedule the delivery date to the next date. Mind you I received the call 2 hours before the allotted time was up and the next delivery date was 2 weeks away. This has happened to me on previous orders as well. After today NO MORE SCHWAN'S.

Original review: June 8, 2020

On my second shipment from Schwan's I tried the Turkey with Mashed Potatoes. The next day I was so sick I thought I was going to die! I was throwing up going to the bathroom every two minutes along with sweating and chills. The food isn't that great to begin with but the thought of not cooking appealed to me. I'm cooking from now on because I never want to get that sick again as long as I live. I know it was the Schwan's food because that was all I had all week was Schwan's. Now I have to throw out the food that we didn't eat because we fear next time we eat Schwan's we may die!

Original review: May 28, 2020

Have been a long-time Schwans customer - but they are losing me. I no longer live in a town with delivery service, so rely upon their mail order. I put in the order and it gives me an expected delivery date, but nothing shows up and after several weeks, they "recycle" the order, thereby changing the date when I did put in the order and pushing the delivery date again. I call and after about 30-40 minutes, I am eventually connected with an operator who can tell me exactly nothing about what the problem is. One of them tried to blame it on UPS, but it's not UPS, it's Schwans. The last order I put in was on the 8th of May with an expected delivery date of the 19th.

When no tracking number was given and nothing showed up, I phoned and went through the long wait times till I spoke with someone who told me it was all UPS' fault and they had no control over when orders went out. I asked when they had notified UPS that they had a delivery for me and they said their system didn't contain that information. I continued to watch the status of my order and noted that the system changed the date so it looked like I had placed it on the 25th of May with an expected delivery date of the 29th.

I spoke with one person today who assured me they had the food available and basically she did not know why the order had not gone out, but that she didn't work in the mail order department so she could not answer my question as to when I would actually receive the food items. She transferred me to the mail order department, but I've been on hold for over 30 minutes and am tired of this nonsense. So sad to see such a formerly good company slowly putting itself out of business.

Original review: May 23, 2020

In the two months I have been involved with Schwan’s, I have had three different drivers. Each one had access to my bank debit card information. The last driver put through a charge 1 1/2 hours before the order was delivered. When I saw the money had been deducted from my bank account, I called Schwan’s and what I learned was if the driver says the order was delivered, it was, whether it had been or not. Schwan’s hung up on me. After reading the reviews here, this concerned me so much I canceled my bank debit card and got a new one. Schwan’s won’t close your account, either. They told me it couldn’t be done and for the second time, they hung up on me. With such a high turnover in drivers, I wonder if Schwan’s runs security checks on them. That concerns me.

Original review: May 23, 2020

On my 1st order, there was a missing item. After 2 wks. and 5 phone calls, no one called me back as I was promised someone would. No credit was given for the missing item nor was the item included in the 2nd order even though I left a message for the driver when I placed the order. I finally had to dispute the charge for the missing item charged on my credit card. The 3rd delivery was a 'no show'. Even though the driver, 'Jack' called me and said he would be calling and arriving '5-ish', he wanted to make sure I would be available because he had no bags for the items. I told him I left 2 bags from the 1st 2 deliveries on my porch. He said he couldn't touch them because of Covid. I asked if he had gloves. He said no. So, he was going to handle my items and expect me to then move them into my home even though he was handling them without gloves (even though he couldn't handle the bags because he had no gloves).

I was waiting from 4 o-clock for his arrival. By 6:45 I tried calling his cell and left a message. I tried again at 7:10 and there was no answer. At 7:25 I called the 888#. I was told by the girl that they could not call the driver but she could schedule my delivery for a week from now. She also said someone would call me back... I won't hold my breath. She also told me that the driver was in my neighborhood, stopped and sold food to someone who hadn't ordered it, skipped my house and then went on to his next delivery. I have no complaints regarding the food (if you can get it) nor the reasonable cost. But the service is horrid!

Original review: May 17, 2020

I used to order from this company all the time about 5 yrs or so ago. With the quarantine I decided to try it again. I placed an order in late March but with the lockdown the wait times were very long which is understandable. I finally got my order around the beginning of May. I opened the container to see that whoever packed my order did a poor job and a bunch of my items had come open and spilled all over. I called customer support and talked to one guy who took me through the claim process and to all my info. He said someone would call me in a few days but no one ever did. I called again about 5 days later to get a status update. At that time I noticed that my account had been closed. Nobody could figure out why that was.

Talked to another woman who submitted another claim and said that someone would call me in a few days to try and resolve issue. Some one did call 3 days later to tell me that I should be expecting another call from shipping department so that it can be resolved. But it seems whenever my issue gets forwarded to shipping/warehouse there is no response. It's also crazy that they just cancel accounts without notice and claim that they have 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I will never order from this company again and neither will my family members who also order from the here and there. Now I understand why they almost went out of business a couple of years ago.

Original review: May 14, 2020

Placed an order by in October 2019. Never received. I receive an email every other Monday stating they will be there between 11am-8pm. Around 9pm I always get an email stating my delivery has been rescheduled for 2 weeks. Which is in May 2020. Company is joke anymore.

Schwan's Company Information