4.0/5 (336 ratings)

About Schwan's

Schwan's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

They is not a good company to buy things from cause they always keep changing their delivery date at the last minute. They change my delivery date twice. The second time they sent me a message the date of my delivery saying they couldn't delivery my items today. Don't say why or nothing. I will never in life buy nothing from this company ever again.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Initially I had great things to say about this company, really good food however recently I had a family emergency and I had to reschedule a delivery for two weeks out. I had to call two different times to customer service to finally get this accomplished. First time they didn’t seem to understand me. Second time I got an email that stated it had been rescheduled for July 27 and I verify this by logging into my account however in the middle of a funeral I was attending and it was my fault I forgot to turn off my blasted cell phone. The driver called me. Informed me he was about to make my delivery with my frozen food. To say I was pissed I was putting it mildly.

I called Schwan's the next day and then for me it was scheduled for the 27th and I told him about the driver calling me trying to make a delivery. They had no idea what I was talking about. Next day after that I get another email stating yet again it’s been rescheduled all the way up to August. I promptly called customer service very fed up to cancel my order. That’s tall no. My delivery actually is set for July 16 and it’s not possible to cancel so I had to drive insane amount of miles just to get back home and here I am sitting in waiting for this driver who still is not shown. Once I get this order if I ever do I will never order from this company again and cannot recommend anyone else do.

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I live in a rural area of Northern California. I have been using Schwan's for well over a year. As far as delivery and quality go, they're excellent and easy to deal with. They just lowered their rebate program percentages, however. Being a senior and a veteran, that's disappointing.

Original review: March 20, 2022

This is not a trustworthy company. They never deliver on time. When you have a complaint they just throw rewards credit at you for your next order. Why would I reorder from a terrible company!? I will try my hardest to keep Schwan's off this island.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

I have been buying from Schwan's for a number of years and I am very satisfied. They have plenty of items to choose from and add new items quarterly. They have had some new items that didn't go over so well but that almost inevitable with food items. Not everyone likes the same things. I have started using the nutritional information for each item to better plan my meals. If you want low fat, high carb/protein meals, Schwan's Live Smart items are great. Buying from Schwan's rather than the grocery store has saved me money and kept me away from the tantalizing treats on display at grocery stores. But if you have a sweet tooth, Schwan's can satisfy that as well with a variety of cookies, pies, cheesecake, and more. I don't ever want to have to go back to buying food from a grocery store. I just spent $230 on healthy food (meat, vegetables, fruit, rice) for an entire month for one person and I know a grocery store can't come close to that price.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

It’s like they bait you in with a quick delivery and at the last minute, they say oops no it won’t be delivered for another 2 weeks with no explanation. Last minute noticed or a notice hours after you were suppose to get the delivery. Then everything is out of stock, even the freeze bags??? Don’t waste your time with the overpriced company that never delivers and has a crappy customer service department!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I placed my first order with Schwan's (approximately 8 items,) and chose a date of December 1st for delivery. Later that evening, I received an Order Confirmation email which showed my order would arrive on December 1st, but no specific delivery time, even though a prior email had specified delivery would be between 3 pm - 5 pm.

Starting at 3:00, I waited in my office, where I could see when the truck arrived, and so my package would not be sitting on the front porch. By 5:00, there had been no delivery, so I called customer service to inquire. I was told there was no delivery scheduled for my area today, Wednesday, and it would not be delivered until Monday! WTH, SCHWAN'S DOESN'T HAVE THE COMMON COURTESY TO CONTACT A CUSTOMER WHEN THEY'VE SCREWED UP A DELIVERY!!! I would have been fine if they'd just informed me what was going on, but apparently, they don't give a damn about their customers. Good-bye Schwan's!!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I ordered a turkey breast from Schwan’s hoping that the turkey would taste juicy and delicious, However the picture of the turkey in the catalog is not as picture perfect as the Company advertises. I was hoping to have a good memory for Thanksgiving this turkey definitely left a memory that I will not ever purchase a turkey breast from Schwan’s in the future.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

I tried the pizza and Asian chicken, both were a disappointment! The chicken was rubbery, the pizza wasn't fit to eat, I do like the desserts, ice cream, etc. I do not recommend these meals though. Some of the other meals may be ok....But, I don't dare order more.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Placed an order and have been with Schwan's for years - they sent an email that my order would be delivered between 1 and 3 - I waited all day and finally called them at 5:30 pm to see if they were running late and was told they didn’t have a driver to deliver. Outdoor they have not had the common courtesy to let the customer know? Nick -CSR rude and not helpful at all.

Schwan's Company Information