Looking for a weight loss solution?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.43/5

Schwan's Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

They have good quality food, I like it but the cost of any of these services is more than I can afford. I guess you pay for convenience but it would be nice if they were more affordable. On the other hand it forces me to make homecooked meals.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

It has a very attractive website and very easy to use. Product quality is sublime. At first I was a little doubtful of the quality of this type of service but I am highly satisfied with the results. I bought a Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas and it was too good. I think they should make prices a little more affordable. Highly recommended.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

When I was on a special diet, the Schwan's truck was the man. Everything was pre-package, size, weight and calorie count. The Schwan's truck driver would even look out for you with special items and upcoming sales and call you if there were changes. Also, my driver would work with me on drop off times and days.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This company seems to have fallen on hard times. The delivery trucks have got smaller and the items they deliver has shrunk also. I don't notice the delivery trucks in my neighborhood nearly as often as they once were. But to be fair I haven't tried their products in a few years. The quality of their food was excellent and I'm sure that it still is.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Want to know how to get 12 slices of GREAT APPLE PIE out of a measured nine (9) inch pie. Crust is great, crumbly like a pie crust should be. But let’s get real about the market scheme and ridiculous labeling indicating ability to get 12 slices. The crust would crumble, the delicious filling would run all over the tin. Show me how. (Or the slicer that could be used by the average household). Thanks for reading. By the way, your delivery people are super.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I was first told that my order would be delivered for free. But then I saw a $19 charge slipped in for two-day delivery. When I didn't accept that, my order confirmation said I'd get a call from them in two days to confirm the delivery. After four days with no word from them I finally called and was told that the earliest they could deliver my order would be in two and a half to three weeks!! How can they possibly expect to stay in business with such false promises and miserable customer service!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was suppose to have food delivered to my house on 10/11/19, then I get an email stating it wont be delivered until 10/12/19 so I make sure that I am home and no one shows up. I called them and the customer service agent says he doesnt know why they didnt come and that was the end of that conversation. I called again today 10/18/19 and tell this agent that I will no longer do business with the company and she says, "Oh I'm sorry," and that was it, not one person went out of their way to keep me as a customer, so very bad company and I will let people I know just how you run business.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I saw a 50% off & free delivery for new customers deal so I went online & placed my order. 1st their ad was misleading as it's 50% off (up to $50). Okay, I placed the order anyways as I have 2 family members that are long time customers. (Well until now.. as they will no longer be ordering from Schwan's either.) I ordered over a week ago & my order was to arrive today. I checked the status of my order which is now scheduled for a week from today. We scheduled our grocery shopping around this order. Now my husband that works an hour away will have to get us dinner after working/driving a 12 hour day. I called their 800# & was told that she could see it had been rescheduled but didn’t know why, & that she would contact the delivery center & try to get it delivered tomorrow or Saturday. I requested a supervisor call me & she said it could take up to 2 days for someone to call me back.

I then contacted corporate & got nowhere other than to find out that they have no Saturday delivery & they could send the order out via UPS but I still wouldn't get it until next Wednesday. That they could listen to the call with the previous customer service rep that said that & provide her with coaching. I asked to speak to a supervisor that was condescending and said they couldn't do anything. I asked to speak with her supervisor & was told she is in meetings all day but she would let her know that I would like a call. I then had to hunt for a place to email the company.. There is a form type email web based. I filled it all out and it only gives a very short limited character area to type and of course when I tried to send it it wouldn't go through.

This has now put us in a financial bind as we have to have food and not everyone has a freezer stocked with extra food so tonight's dinner will be $30 + dollars and then tomorrow as well, we can't take time off of work to go to the grocery store. What a HORRIBLE experience this is & although their site says they don't charge until delivery, they took the money out of our account last week. I will NEVER order from them again & now they have lost my family members as well. Social media here I come! I'd also like to add as I have eaten with my family members that DID order from them that I know the portions are small & overpriced so if you did not previously know that, now you do! Was this worth the headache? NO!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

This is the worst company on earth. Never order from them unless you want to get constant emails, texts, messages, knocking on your door to order. But never stops. It is constant. I would never order from them again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Canceled my order a day before my party without notification or explanation for canceling my order. Will never ever ever order from this company again. Called the customer service representatives to ask for an explanation and was told that they would have to terminate my call. When I asked the customer service rep send him to speak to supervisor manager she hung up the phone on me. I can’t believe I’m even writing this because I can’t believe this actually happened to me. But it did.

Schwan's Company Information