2. Shopping
  3. Meal Delivery Service

3.7/5 (111 ratings)

About Schwan's

Schwan's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I get text messages directly from my driver, he gives cooking tips and suggestions too! This guy is amazing! Food is great too! Pricey but the quantity that you get balances out. I normally only purchase items on sale or with coupons. Love them!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

Love my weekly delivery and that most of what we want is right on the truck. It's so nice to have someone already know what my family likes that comes with consistent drivers and Schwan has always provided the best drivers.

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

The delivery driver is always very professional and friendly, he will bring it in if need be. The Food is always tasting good. We order almost every week or so. We recommending this to everybody.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I began deliveries with Schwans about 3 months ago and have expanded my purchases with each order. They add new items each month and they are usually of superior quality. My deliveries are scheduled and arrive within 10 minutes of that time, so I am also ready to pack my freezer.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I got my 2 and not my other 2 stuff. But I do get my money back. They only charge you what's available. Thought I got ripped off but not happy, didn't get the other 2 stuff. I'm not going to buy anything from them again, store is better.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I'm a new customer referred by a family member. I ordered online two weeks ago. My order has been rescheduled serval times. No one called to let me know my delivery was delayed. I made a complaint, no upper management has reached out. I did receive a discount & the customer service representatives are nice. That does not make up for the poor customer service. I have been rescheduled for delivery four times.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Sorry but I wanted to place a order. Was unaware he was here until he drove off. Customer lost. I will never order from Schwan's again. Jerks. They need to let people know when they arrive instead of just driving off like he did.

Original review: May 20, 2021

We were customers for years and enjoyed the convenience but kept hearing about mistreatment of drivers and the lack of their safety as well as the slow decline in product line and variety as well as safety began to decline. Drivers work long hours and weather cond. And our driver was exceptional. Schwan's has a mainly meat oriented menu and obtains shrimp from Vietnam instead of a United States distributor. They fail to carry much gluten free, sugar free or dairy free items as well as limited menu for vegans except for their seafood and vegetables.

Constant demand for sales and bottom line became more important than having gel packs in the freezers to put into customers freezer bags to keep foods cold during hot weather - putting foods in peril and safety of their customers consumption. Four min. timing from entering driveways to packing the order to delivery to door became the norm to meet deadlines rather than make sure the customer didn't forget anything or to update them on the latest catalog and products. No time for questions or chit chat... Deadlines and bottom line became the goal.

Anyone who has had to make a phone call to be put on hold and be asked to press this number or that and wait longer and or be transferred to automated system knows how impersonal and cold this is, and again it's to save money that would go to support a person's family, or help a student make it thru college, so the 'personal support and personal touch 'baby' got thrown out the window with the bath. When you lose 'touch' with your customers..You lose customers. Our driver cared, and went out of her way for everyone, and was a dedicated driver and still managed to have high sales, but schwans became more concerned about braking too often on country roads and lack of concern for safety issues outweighed the excellent job she was doing even during a pandemic. She is not the only one, as we heard it from the very first driver we had knock on our door, to the gentleman who preceded her, so this is not isolated.

We loved many of their products, over the years, but they also changed their schwans pay program, which is also one of the reasons for our decision to leave, but the main reason is.. That person became like family to us and we don't take kindly to mistreatment of our family. It's always sad to see a good company lose sight of what got them to where they are.. The customers. We are not the only ones who cancelled their accounts with schwans... Some of our neighbors felt the same way about our driver and her sweet demeanor and knowledge of the products and caring way she made sure to circle back at times to make sure we got our orders.. We can find similar products but you can't duplicate those employees who are steadfast, honest, dedicated, and caring. Their loss is another company's gain. You can only beat a good horse.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Asked to speak to a manager and Eddie stated that a person who was an existing customer, whose delivery was changed x4, who was told the driver was 15 min away-did not qualify to speak to a manager. Not sure what does?

Original review: March 9, 2021

Why, when a company has a THREE HOUR window to deliver your order, this can't be met? I had a window from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. today. It is now 6:30 and no delivery yet. I called Customer Service after four and a half hours and was told that my house was fourth on the list at that time. This is ridiculous. Were the deliveries before mine in another state? This was only my second time ordering. The first time, another three hour window, the delivery was late also. I must say that the food is excellent. It's just not worth the aggravation of delivery times. If this cavalier attitude of delivery continues, people are going to go elsewhere.

Schwan's Company Information