Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.32/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Schwan's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

We ordered several of the ice cream cones and some food products. The cones were good except for the Chip Mint Cones - the ice cream is great but the cones are all soft and soggy. The Cod Fillets are great as are the Garlic Mashed Potatoes. I love mashed potatoes and these taste like the real thing. The Black Angus burgers were also very good. Agree with some other reviewers that the price seems high, but there is a convenience to having it delivered to your home. The delivery person was great and got our order together quickly. After he left, I did notice that the receipt stated that we got 4 gel pacs for free - guess these are freezer packs - which we did not get. Considering they were free and I was there to get the order I guess that it ok, just not sure why it was on my receipt. All in all I would order again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

It has a very attractive website and very easy to use. Product quality is sublime. At first I was a little doubtful of the quality of this type of service but I am highly satisfied with the results. I bought a Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas and it was too good. I think they should make prices a little more affordable. Highly recommended.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

When I was on a special diet, the Schwan's truck was the man. Everything was pre-package, size, weight and calorie count. The Schwan's truck driver would even look out for you with special items and upcoming sales and call you if there were changes. Also, my driver would work with me on drop off times and days.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

This company seems to have fallen on hard times. The delivery trucks have got smaller and the items they deliver has shrunk also. I don't notice the delivery trucks in my neighborhood nearly as often as they once were. But to be fair I haven't tried their products in a few years. The quality of their food was excellent and I'm sure that it still is.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Want to know how to get 12 slices of GREAT APPLE PIE out of a measured nine (9) inch pie. Crust is great, crumbly like a pie crust should be. But let’s get real about the market scheme and ridiculous labeling indicating ability to get 12 slices. The crust would crumble, the delicious filling would run all over the tin. Show me how. (Or the slicer that could be used by the average household). Thanks for reading. By the way, your delivery people are super.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I tried to place an order and had to call customer service for a delivery problem - I was treated to the the most obnoxious young man to handle my problem and after he was extremely rude he just cancelled my order!!!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold and ignored!!!! Bad company. Do not order from them!!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I like Schwan’s food but I hate the customer service of our delivery driver and the local depot. I have the worst experience with schwan’s just because of this. If I don’t place an online order the driver will not come to my house. He leaves the food if I’m not home, which I specifically ask that he don’t do, but he does anyway. They lost my check after I paid and I was I was harassed to hurry and write another one. When they didn’t want to pay the stop payment fee I would have to pay the bank. I didn’t lose the check. They did. I was told by the driver that the manager threatened to come to my house himself to demand a replacement check. Are you kidding me?! Worst local customer service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Thanks for reviews! I too got a 50% off coupon. Read reviews. I may not use my coupon, nor become a regular customer! I'm elderly & need delivery. They require my credit card #, though I want to pay with my EBT Card, stopped me! NOPE. This could've been a match made in heaven. Just say NOPE.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

When I was a kid, we loved Schwans. You picked out what you wanted and the delivery person went out to the truck and you were done. Back then it was delicious. So I get a coupon and I think about past positive experiences and I bite. I place my order on December 19th, thinking it would be nice to have specialty items for the holiday season. When I get to the end of the ordering process, I learn the delivery will be Dec 28th. OK, won't be here for Christmas but still before New Year's. They said the delivery will be between between 2 pm and 5 pm so we wait. We put a freezer duffel outside our apartment door, in case we don't hear a knock at the door. At 6:15 pm, I call the 800 number - customer service guy starts counting how many orders are before ours: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and then stops counting out loud as he realizes this isn't sounding good.

To make a long story short, our food never came. So, when they open on the 29th, I call again to find out when our order will be delivered. The customer service lady informs me that the driver noted that we weren't home. Total lie. We were checking the hallway outside our apartment every 10-20 minutes after my first call to customer service. She says my next delivery date is January 8th!! That is 3 weeks after I placed the order!!!! I cancelled the order and my account and will never bother ordering from Schwans again. Will never recommend them. What used to be is no more. I don't even know if the quality is what it used to be.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

I followed the cooking instructions and it was overdone. I covered the ham as instructed and I wish I had just not covered it with foil as instructed. I think it steamed instead of baked. Please verify your instructions in your kitchens. Too nice of a ham to overcook.

Not sure about Schwan's?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

Schwan's Company Information