3.70/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 19, 2018

23 Schwan's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Called in an order on Monday, March 26, 2018, I called the 800# to order my order to be delivered for Easter. The sales rep promised me the order would be delivered by March 28, 2018 so I could have my ham in time for the weekend. On Thursday, March 28, I got an email which stated due to the overabundance of orders by order would be at least 2 to 3 business days for delivery.

I waited till Saturday and still no delivery, so I called back. I talked to a sales lady and explained the situation. She said she would have someone call me back within the hour, no one called back. So I called back and told the rep that answered the same story and that no one called back, also told the rep that I could meet any Schwan's salesman anywhere in Illinois or Missouri to get order so I could get order because I wanted the ham and items for Easter. She told me that sounds great, I will get ahold of someone and call you back. Never heard from anyone that day on anything.

On Wednesday April 4, I received a call from Schwan's to deliver my order, and I explained the story to him and told him I will never use or buy from them again for what happened over this order. He says, "I am a supervisor. I can take of this problem for you and will get back to you." I never heard back on any solution from this supervisor. On April 18th, the sales rep drop off a book at my door and wanted an order. If you call Schwan's 800 and promised to receive your order to hold up to their promise, because it does not happen and they won't get back to help you out on the problem.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I decided to start ordering from Schwan's and they changed my delivery date twice. I tried to cancel my order and couldn't. Then they told me they would drop my food off outside or with a neighbor cause I was not going to be home when they finally decided to bring it. I will not be ordering Schwan's again.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 10, 2018

I buy every 2 weeks and most of the items I've received are not what I expected! Damn near everything is less than the serving sizes as stated! Quality is not good! I received a order of guacamole that had a hole in the packaging. When contacted no one responded!!! I just placed an order for $174.05 with 3 X's points and I received 495 ($24.75) points! That's not correct! They screw you in points! It's suppose to be a point for every dollar. So they screw you in all the way around! From serving sizes, quality, pricing and points! My recommendation is to stay away from this company! I'm about to review a order on their website for orange chicken for two but it's definitely for one and I'm posting a picture!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I just moved and bought a house ten miles away from my old house. I called Schwan's to have them start coming to my new address. I used to order 100 dollars plus a week and they're saying I have to order first before they will come out and they are giving me a runaround about coming out. This company is a joke. I get coupons daily in my email that I can’t even use cause they don’t come out to my house. Again this company is a JOKE and has gone downhill. Their customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I'm a regular Schwan's customer with delivery every 2 wks. I had to skip my scheduled delivery until Jan. 17th and my delivery person was aware of this, but Schwan's is controlled by an outsourced company that does the delivery scheduling. I did place my order on 12/24 for delivery on Jan.17, 2018 (Jan.17 would be my reg. scheduled date) and received email confirmation of the order which stated delivery date Jan. 17th. which is correct. I then happened to go to Schwan's site checking to make sure I did not want to add any more to my order and I just happen to see that my pending order is Jan. 31, which is not correct. I called the CS dept. and explained that my order is to be delivered on the 17th not the 31st and she stated that she would take care of it.

I checked a day later and still stated the 31st. I called at least 4 times and all told me they would correct it and I would be having my order delivered on Jan. 17th. Then I get an email from I would guess the top Rep. that states they cannot change my order date, sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused, if I would like to change to a later date please call the toll free number and speak to a customer care rep. My point is I was not asking them to change my order date, I just wanted the original date I was suppose to have. I was never notified that the date had changed and the only email I ever received was my order confirmation with delivery date of Jan. 17th. which is my regularly scheduled delivery date, always a Wednesday.

Schwan's does not communicate with their customers and apparently don't care if they satisfy them or not. I don't think the people working in the customer care have a clue as to what they are doing. This is not the first time this has happened, I sat one day waiting for a delivery that never arrived. I then checked my account online and saw it was to be delivered not on my regular Wed. but on Friday that week. They could send an email informing the customers that they have changed the delivery date, some may not be home. I have stayed with Schwan's because I don't get to the grocery store and the delivery drivers have always been great, it is not their fault. It is the Schwan's Corporate that hires people that are not local to do a job that someone near here should be doing.

They made me feel like I was asking for a special request when all I wanted is my order delivered when it is scheduled to be. I am very dissatisfied with the customer service and whomever does the route scheduling. My order has been scheduled since Dec. 24 for delivery on Jan. 17th and I apparently am not going to be getting it as scheduled. Bad customer service and terrible communication with customer. The only good thing about Schwan is the delivery persons, all have been very friendly and polite. I would not recommend this company unless desperate for food and homebound.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I have a 2nd home in New Hampshire. I asked Schwan's NOT to leave notices because it signals that no one is there. This was after I came back after 8 weeks of being fine and found several notices. My friend just checked on the property after I've been gone almost 3 months. He said there were several notices on the door again. Schwan's won't stop doing this so it looks like I'm going to have to either SUE both them and the driver for trespassing or get a restraining order to get them to stop leaving notices on my door. They should have just stopped at my request. I'm in the position to have to tell them I'll seek legal action now and if they don't stop after that I'll go to court. Terrible company!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Schwan's met expectations. If you order from Schwan's you will not be disappointed. They had a nice product line. I liked the ease of ordering, the delivery set at a certain time, and the ease of the meals provided. I also like that it saved me time when I was running a bigger farm. The drivers were always polite and knowledgeable about the product line, but I wish they had not stopped delivery in our area. I never understood why they did and I never got feedback from the company. I would still be a customer if I could order here in DE.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This is a trusted company with a long history of good service and exceptional reputation. Customer service and support is fantastic, knowledgeable and makes suggestions that are spot on. They are dependable and save me time in the kitchen. I count on the meals to be better than promised, well packaged and delivered on time by a trusted, friendly serviceman. They provide quality products, easy serve meals liked by all ages. I am satisfied with the service and quality received from this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I have new item each time and delivery is on a schedule. You have to be home when they come around, so you can plan your day. I like that you know when they are coming and get the item instantly. Great comes to the door and I can pick what I want. I have told my friend and we seem to purchase the same thing or products. We like the convenience, but it is something you service to your family once in a while because of the cost, it too expensive.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I chose Schwan's because my parents did when I was a child. It is a trusted brand that I grew up on, and the food is a great quality for a decent price. I like the different ways you can order as well as the payment methods. I like the convenience of having food delivered to my home. Not only is it easier, but I really enjoy the diverse selection of foods and desserts offered. Some can only be found with this company. The customer service is also amazing. I know when to expect my order to be delivered. But, some items are a little overpriced for the quantity you get. I would prefer more variety and possibly cheaper prices. I would have not only frozen food available, but fresh items as well as some boxed goods that make food delivery more convenient.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Fast, reliable and they come to your place of residence at your scheduled time. This makes it so convenient and you're getting fresh and good quality product without having the hassle of going to the store, that makes me want to keep using them. The company does meet my expectations, I just wish they would give better specials for long time customers, provide better deals and were not as pricey as they are. Loyalty should be rewarded with better incentives and give something that makes a customer want to keep coming back.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

It’s easy to set up an account with Schwan's. When I first ordered with them I was a little skeptical but ordering was easy and the customer service was very good and friendly. Food is great and delicious and there’s great assortment to choose from. It's great for parties because you can shop right from your home and in large amts. The delivery is on time and it was reliable. It’s a bit pricey but you’re paying for convenience. If they would lower the prices I think their business would get even better and I would definitely order more than what I do now.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

The service is convenient and the quality of the food is great. I can order food online, set the date of delivery and know the food will taste great. My kids love being able to go to the freezer and grab a quick lunch or snack or even breakfast. Being able to have the freezer stocked for them makes a stress-free summer. I have 4 kids home during the summer plus the neighborhood kids as well. I wouldn't mind buying more than one box of something if the prices were a little lower. Some of the prices are a little high compared to the quantity you get. Either lower the prices or increase the quantity.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

They drive by my house all the time and most every town has a guy that drives by their houses. They also have a magazine you can look through to see which of their food that you would like to purchase. I like the ease of not having to cook dinner everyday and my family seems to like their food because it’s pretty good. They have a good variety to choose from but I wish they had a better selection. I also have a problem with the price that they charge their customers. The price is high. I wish that they would go down on their prices and I wish there were others like it in my area that delivered food to my house. But I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

It is so convenient, and the food is always good. The products are always very attractive. The customer service representative is always clean, neat, and pleasantly presented. The representative always takes his time and answers all my questions, gives suggestions, and never makes me feel rushed. There is a very good selection in all categories of the food. The catalog helps you prepare for the next delivery day. It is easy to plan your meals ahead, plan your grocery list, and calculate the total cost of your order. It also gives you different ideas for what to have for your meals. But I would like a customer reward type of program and the prices could be a little better, too. The customer service representative only comes one time per week. At times they do not have all of the selections on the truck.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I selected the company after trying out their breakfast options and fell in love with it after that. Their pancakes for breakfast are to-die for! I love the options I am offered and the affordable prices. While it can get expensive, it's worth every penny! The service is fantastic and it's such a great company of people, drivers, and cooks. If I could change anything, I would love to see a faster delivery time. While I am delivered my meals on the given time, I wish I could get them just a couple days quicker in my area.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I love Schwan’s forever now ever since I was a tiny kid. My mom ordered some treats from it and everyone would gather around and be together to share the ice cream treats. Schwan’s offers delicious meals and treats and you could limit how much you eat if you order from them. The portion sizes are nice if you plan to diet or if you don't. There's all types of sizes. When I was a kid I would always get so excited when the Schwan’s car would pass by. I'd be waiting for it thinking it's going to my house.

I really had a great experience tasting food from them. The service was really nice and I liked how organized it was. However, I'd like a way to order a ton of food on a budget so I could not pay as much because the food is expensive. It could also have healthier alternatives for a rise in popularity so it could be for everyone instead of only dairy and meat problems. But I plan to order more in the near future probably for party, events, holidays, special occasions, bdays, etc. I hope Schwan’s is around more and if I were to recommend this to my friends I would.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Schwan's is a good company with great products. I really like them and the services they provide. They are very easy to do business with and they have great quality food at reasonable prices. I have them come every two weeks and I really enjoy all the food that my family has purchased and ate. They offer so many different options and they have food for all your taste cravings. They make it easy to please even the pickiest eater in your household. They also have friendly and happy drivers for your food services and you can make your own food delivery schedule and they will be there. They also go out of their way to take care of their customers’ needs and you can have them come as frequently as you have need for. Whatever you need when you need it, Schwan's will be there for you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

They are convenient and very well priced. They also take food stamps and are always friendly. They have an amazing selection and so many yummy things! I like that they come to your door and you get a catalog and the food right then. They are very friendly and come even late in the evening if you’re busy during the day. Even if they miss you they will try to come back.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

The company is pretty widely used in my town. I saw the truck driving around randomly and looked into it. The price is kinda high for the portions but the delivery makes up for it. Honestly not a huge issue since I understand it costs money to drive a truck around town. Maybe by lowering the selection of food they could lower costs? But there’s ease of having food delivered and also the truck tends to show up fast. There is also a pretty good variety and selection available as well which is nice. Overall I am satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I selected this food truck because it's so convenient and very trustworthy. They take your order from month to month and I don't have to worry about going out to a busy supermarket. The food is kept at a good temperature while the truck travels many miles. The portions are a great size and they fill you up as well. If they are out of a product, they will let you substitute for something of equal value. They continue to please their customers even when they are out of the merchandise that customers want. How can you go wrong with a company that stands by its product. If there is a need to improve they will find a way to please everyone involved.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I love having ice cream and full dinner entrees delivered to my front door in a timely manner at least once a month. They have friendly drivers and are very knowledgeable. They are the best company for your price and product. You can get ice cream and other awesome treats. I tell my friends that they have the best pizzas in all of the land and if they want pizza to call these guys and they can get any kind they want. If they are hungry for salad I have them call as well. However, they could have more vegan options and have specialty items like ham hocks. Also, it would be nice if they were faster or fresher.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Schwan's is an awesome company. I'm so happy I found them and can use them every month and they have coupons. I love this friendly and convenient stores online for food shopping. When the food is delivered they are packed so nice and they are super fast with it! They are also easy to store! I also like the fact that their meals are so easy to fix or make. All you do is pop them in the oven and bake them and my kids love the taste of this food! It's so much easier to get your meals delivered to your home instead of having to go in a car drive go shop rather than going to the store and having to shop! The service reps are amazing. They are so patient and they listen when you tell them your problems!

Schwan's Company Information