Looking for a meal delivery service?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.60/5

57 Schwan's Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

Want to know how to get 12 slices of GREAT APPLE PIE out of a measured nine (9) inch pie. Crust is great, crumbly like a pie crust should be. But let’s get real about the market scheme and ridiculous labeling indicating ability to get 12 slices. The crust would crumble, the delicious filling would run all over the tin. Show me how. (Or the slicer that could be used by the average household). Thanks for reading. By the way, your delivery people are super.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

They do a great job and are very friendly. I order food for my mom for special occasions, or just for fun. Their prices are reasonable, delivery reliable and she gets a special treat brought to her front door! It is a win-win!

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

This food is a little pricey but very good, the delivery man comes every two weeks and you can pay when he drops off. You can even buy directly off truck also. I order, you make, you get rewards, and can use the points on next offer.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

This is a home delivery service, and the food is on par with home cooking! It has a huge selection of entrees and the ice cream cannot be beat by anything you would purchase in a store! I've been getting this service for more years than I can count, and I don't see where I would stop ordering from them unless they closed up shop.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We work non stop in the summer at our resort. We always have Schwan's food in the freezer for a "what is for dinner" go to. Sure it's packaged, but most stuff is healthier than what we'd eat otherwise. Our drivers have all been very, very good as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Schwan's?

Original review: June 15, 2019

If you're a compulsive gambler Schwan’s is the company for you. Whether or not your delivery driver shows up on a given schedule is like a lottery - there’s no way of knowing. I liked some of their products but those were soon discontinued. The crappy stuff is their main staple but the real fun lies in waiting endlessly to find out whether you’ve been chosen for a delivery this week or just passed by. Unless you're home bound and have no alternative means of getting food I’d pass by Schwan’s if I were you.

Original review: June 9, 2019

We placed a telephone order and was suppose to be delivered Friday, they sent a text that delivery time was from 5pm-8pm, well that time span did not happen. Called company, they said they couldnt communicate with driver to give them more time. Today Saturday we received a text that order will be delivered today. Still no delivery. Called company to cancel order. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I ordered 300 dollars worth of food and it was supposed to be delivered on a Friday. When it did not arrive, I called the company. LONG story short, if you don’t live within the territory where their own truck delivers, they ship it UPS and the delivery can take as long as 10 days or more! They did not tell me this until after they charged my card. The order was not shipped for another 5 days AFTER I cancelled my order with a SUPERVISOR!! Guess what? Last night I received an email telling me my order I canceled was shipped! I then went online and found these terrible reviews. I will not be accepting this order! They really are not a good company. Lie to me and I’m done. I was lied to more times than I can count over my first attempted order and spent hours on the phone. No, I will not be doing business with an unscrupulous company like this one!

Original review: May 7, 2019

I quit using Schwan’s years ago, I think I remember why. If you add something to a cart online... even if you do NOT click pay or complete order, they will consider it an order and CHARGE you anyway! At least I THINK this is why I was charged for an order. The CS guy could NOT have cared less. He said “it showed you ordered online on 4/22/10”, which was odd since THAT was my legit delivery that day and no way would I have ordered that soon. NEVER EVER store a credit card online! I will NEVER use them again. PERIOD!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I have placed orders recently with Schwan's. I am so disappointed. Half of my orders had problems with the meat items. They were turning black or white. I did send them pictures of the items. They told me they would deliver a new order a week early and I have not heard from them. What has happened to this company.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Every time I order, I generally have to cancel. Again, today my order was put off for another three weeks. Since I seldom work in my area, I order for when I am home. My delivery was to be for today when I ordered last week. I checked my order today as I was going to see if I could add something and noticed my delivery was put off for three weeks from today. I tried chatting with someone and it was as miserable as talking to one of their Customer Service people (I can't say Customer Service rep as if this is how employees represent their company, it is pretty bad!).

The person, Shannon **, was downright incompetent. Shannon **, was answering questions I did not ask at all, instead of reading the questions I was asking. This is the same with their c Customer Service call line. After completing this review, I will be going into my account and canceling it (already canceled my order). I like the product and the delivery personnel, but need convenience. Schwan's is not convenient anymore and I don't want to keep adding company funds for their employees in the Live Chat and Customer Service Departments whom are rude and incompetent.

BTW, Live Chat, I'm highly educated. I know the difference between March 28th and April 18th. Even someone in elementary school knows the difference. I write studies and interview people concerning public health issues. I was a professor before taking this current position (this is my retirement job, lol). I know how to communicate and urge those whom lack communication skills, to find another job; instead of ruining a company with great product. Even though I did not type anything rude (nor would I EVER), the employee made it so I can't go back into Live Chat to be able to find someone with possibly better service acumen. No wonder, Schwan's, is losing customers! Rude Customer Service/Live Chat tends to drive customers away!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I ordered the chicken enchiladas but there Was only one very small chunk of chicken in each one. They should have been just cheese enchiladas. With that said the flavor of the food was good. As a new customer we have liked the food so far with this exception.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We have not ordered from Schwan's for years although we're looking for frozen cod and discovered online that Schwan's carried frozen bags of cod. We ordered several items and when the order was received we were missing two of the three bags of cod ordered. While disappointed, we called customer service and were told the additional items would be expedited. That never occurred. I called again this evening and simply asked for a refund. Since this time, we've learned of other companies that are more reliable and reputable and will choose to use those in the future.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Wish I could give them a negative rating. No Star! I use to get grocery delivery from Schwan's for about six months. The last two months of that time period with each order delivery I was missing items. However, I was charged for these non-delivered items. Had to call in each time to receive points instead of a refund. A few times I also would get these strange emails stating that I had just placed order in which I hadn't. Only to find that the driver was using my account to place orders for random other people in the neighborhood. Though my card wasn't charged, it was my account which I did not give permission for...

As of late I have been getting a ton of emails, calls and even just under an hour ago had the driver at my gate trying to get me to make another order. I then went to Schwan's site to close my account. Only to discover they give you no ability to close your account. So I had to change all my personal information. Schwan's is an extremely shady company. One, in which I will never do business with again.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I live in Wisconsin and yesterday (Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019) it was -25 degrees. With wind chill it was -50. Mail was cancelled, schools, workout places, etc. My delivery day was this day. The delivery man came to my door and I was shocked. He was running around in this temperature delivering products to customers. He was told he had to work. He also was told to turn off his truck each time he gets to a house. This is unacceptable. Frostbite in those temps. can set in in less than 5 minutes. What happens if that truck doesn't start one of those times?

I felt so bad for him. He couldn't even feel his feet when he got to my house. This is ridiculous. If we can't get our mail delivered, our ice cream etc. can wait too. This leads me to believe that Schwan's doesn't care about the well being of their employees. They should be ashamed of themselves. They need to think about people first and then their delivery. I am sure customers would understand wanted to keep their employees safe versus delivering their products in dangerously cold temperatures.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Got an SMS saying I had a service date on 1/11/19. If I placed my order by 11 pm my order would be delivered on my service day. Being in the hospital almost a month, this was our first order. Our 8 year old son wanted to order party food. So, we placed an order. Was told delivery would be 8-11 am on 1/11/19. The order never arrived. So we called and they offered points for the inconvenience and said we were moved to 11-2. Since he really wanted this we said ok. 2 pm and no delivery. Called again, this time they said they had no driver today and offered more points if we could reschedule for the 15th. Since I had home appointments that morning and figured I can do the 11-2 that day but informed them if not here by then, we couldn't take delivery at any other time, for nobody would be available. Paying by EBT we have to be here. They noted my account and said it would be here by that time.

Well 90 minutes later the Schwan's driver shows up, we were confused. They said they had no driver. Since he was here we wanted our order, he didn't have it and no record we ordered. He offered to try to get it together but I couldn't get my 50% off coupon price. That smelled of scam. He didn't even have enough of what we ordered on his truck. We called customer service and agreed he would be back Tuesday with our order at the price we were supposed to pay minus these points offered.

Tuesday came no order was ever delivered. They kept pushing our time slot back and back. Called several times and got more points. Called the driver and he didn't have our order on his truck and said we're not getting our order 'til the 22nd. I was fuming. Wasting our time waiting and our son looking all day for his party food. 5 pm called again was told they moved us to 5-8 pm. We were the last delivery on the route. I told them this order is free 'cause I was already told if not here by 5 it would be free due to the hassle. She had no clue about that.

8 pm 1/15/19 no order. My son was in tears. We had no other time available to take an order from Schwan's. I called them again fuming and they got an ear full. They told me they had no driver that day. Really?? Then that should have been stated earlier that day, instead of wasting our time and keeping our son looking for his party food. They said, "We rescheduled you for Friday the 18th from 2-5." I told them the food ordered was for a party for our son for the 17th. He went to bed in tears. We are not available for any delivery until after the 30th. You had 2 days to deliver and can't just keep changing times 'cause you want to charge our bank card so you can deliver whenever you like.

We no longer want the order. After changing delivery times 6 times in two days we're done. Send no mail, SMS, or people to our house. We were new customers and did so based on family recommendation and this is deplorable service and smells of a scam. The only reason I kept trying with this was for my son. He went to bed in tears, so your hardly worth it. I filed a complaint with the BBB. Don't waste your time ordering from them, they have no sense of customer service!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I ordered on their website. It wasn’t until I entered the order that it would be almost 2 weeks before I got it. The gentleman gave me a huge bag, filled to overcapacity, and a box that couldn’t fit. I wasn’t able to check things against my order until I started to put things into the freezer. I was 2 items short. I immediately called the 800. Number and reported the shortage. She said they have no contact with the driver. Yet they sent a notice that the order was delivered, and my card was then charged for a complete order, including my missing items. It’s incredulous they didn’t have contact with their drivers in today’s connected world.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The order I received on 11-21-18 was not my order at all. I called and was told someone would call me in 2 to 3 days!!! On 11-26, someone called. I asked for a full refund. She said she would have to contact the Refunds Dept. On 11-27, someone called. Left a message. I called back on the same day. Never heard from her again. I called on 12-3. Was told a refund had been made. NO REFUND HAS APPEARED ON MY CARD AS OF 12-11. I sent an email on 12-11 asking about the status of the refund. I received an automated reply stating they would get back with me in 1 to 2 days. As of 12-19, no one has replied. The product may be good, but the customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. I will never do business with these people again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Order was supposed to be delivered today, 12/17/2018. Order didn't arrive, apparently truck broke down. No notification, email, phone call, or any type of contact was made. I called customer service to see where my shipment was, and I was told my order wouldn't be delivered until January, next time driver would do this route. I asked if there wasn't any other option, told flat out NO, I would have to wait. I cancelled the order disgruntled not having my order made 12/2/2018 could not be received before Christmas as was my intention when order was made.

Customer service was very nonchalant offering nothing to try and make it right. After the fact I see on their website UPS is actually a service offered now for 2 day shipping, but that was not even mentioned by Schwan's customer service. Poor Delivery service followed up by very poor customer service, and no communication. I'm not wanting to do business with a company that cares little about their customers. Order Confirmation – Order #: **. Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:10 pm.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed an order with Schwan's and the original deliver date was suppose to be Dec 12. The driver never showed up. I was then informed the delivery would be on Dec 15, the driver never bothered to show. I have not been informed that my order will be not be delivered until Dec 26, two weeks after the original delivery date. I have a hard time believing this acceptable business practice for any company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I submitted two orders online Dec 8 each going to different addresses. Dec 11, I noticed that one of the delivery addresses was incorrect and attempted to update. Not an easy feat to correct (unable to edit order online), made numerous phone calls on both Dec 11 and Dec 12 to request assistance. After spending an interminable amount of my time, I was transferred to a department that will only accept voicemails. I've left 2 detailed messages, still waiting on a response. Did speak with manager on duty at call center who advised unable to assist me, and needed to transfer my call to the mail order desk. Both customer service and web services are severely lacking with this company. In the future, I will be spending my money elsewhere with a company that appreciates its customers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I placed an order, first attempt my error, re-scheduled, they canceled and rescheduled three times. They came to deliver, I wasn't home but paid for cold bags to leave order. They didn't leave but did leave a notice that I can pay for bags and cold packs and they will leave it (yes, already did that) - then I got an email that they canceled my order. I called, re-ordered and re-scheduled, they provided the date and time. Got home, no delivery, checked my email and they re-scheduled again. So this is the 4th or 5th reschedule - almost 4 weeks since I placed the order (which was for a fundraiser). They gave me phone number for local hub, I called it and it was a fax machine. Someone at the main number told me a manager will call me, we'll see. Also, when they send you an email to reschedule, they give you the date but when you call to question it, they always move the date up. If that date is available, why not give that date to begin with.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I just sent Schwan’s an email saying what I will say here tonight. I placed an order a month ago and my delivery date FINALLY come due, it was to be delivered tomorrow evening. Because I don’t get home from work until after 7 pm, I took the day off from work so I would be here and not miss the delivery. I realized I forgot to add our favorite pie, added that to my order and it changed my delivery date to ANOTHER MONTH off at Dec. 16th. If that order is not delivered tomorrow as it was set to be, I will never place another order again, nor will anyone I know!! This is absolutely ridiculous. That will put my order being delivered 2 months after I placed it because I had the nerve to want to add something to my order. I AM DONE!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We recently moved and our new neighbor had the Schwan's driver stop every two weeks and sent him over one time to see if we wanted anything. I bought a few items that day and he suggested I go online and order from now on and he would be sure to have my items. I registered yet that day and learned on your first order you receive 50% off. So I put in another order for the next delivery date but it would not take the coupon code. I called and they said since the driver had entered my information into his computer and I had bought something already, I did not qualify for the 50% off first order any more. That should have been a red flag but I ordered again because my husband liked some of their ice cream products.

I continued to have coupon problems where they would not honor them if I had already used them or if I had received them from someone else, i.e. my neighbor let me use a code she had received in the mail but since it was sent to her and not me, I was ineligible for the discount. They tell you this on the phone when you call and offer no other options for discounts! Their prices are high and most (not all) of their products are good. But if you can't use the company discounts whenever you order is this really good policy? I also have delivery problems as mentioned in other reviews. They just don't show up and there is no call or email to let you know. I've walked away from ordering from Schwan's.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I used to live in Ely, Nevada and I always ordered your products. I just loved them. Then we moved to Las Vegas and I started ordering your products again. My husband and myself just loved the thick bacon advertised. We buy a lot of it. When we lived in Ely it was thick as advertised. Now every time I order it it gets thinner and thinner but the price keeps going up. I can't imagine what happened to it because if they use a slicer wherever they cut it it should be the same for every slice which is not the case. We love the taste of it but something is wrong here. It's almost like false advertisement. Thick is thick, not thin.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My fiance spoke with me about ordering Schwan's because the Facebook group was making a big deal about how great they were. We set up an account and placed an order to be delivered a few days from that day. The day comes and no one shows up. No one calls or emails - just no show. We call them and they apologize and tell us they were very busy and couldn't get us in that day but would throw in a 10% discount, and scheduled us again the next day.

The next day (today) comes and again, no show. I just got off the phone with them and was transferred twice and told "Oh, the lady you spoke with yesterday must have been new, you weren't even on the schedule." What? It showed up on the website pending my delivery, I checked and double checked to make sure we would be home, again. We were confirmed. And if we weren't on the schedule, they just let our unfulfilled order float out into the abyss with no set re-schedule day for delivery without calling, cancelling, or at least letting us know?

After doing research (which didn't even take much digging), it appears this company isn't really as great as it was hyped up to be in my fiance's group. Clearly from our experience, their customer service isn't very great. We have been reading that the portions are shrinking in size, while the prices keep going up, the quality has gone down, and the driver ends up harassing them every couple of weeks when they haven't ordered. Looks like this was a blessing in disguise and we dodged a bullet! Will not be giving this place another try now, or in the future. There are other home delivery food services with better prices, quality and service.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

My husband and I started using Schwan's several months ago. We had heard they were very good and my sister used to get her frozen dinners and ice cream from them back in the 80's. The ice cream is wonderful, the delivery is on time and the driver is very pleasant. However, the salmon is very fishy and mushy. I usually cook Salmon once a week - thought we'd try Schwan's. They come individually packed and frozen. First time I baked it in the oven as directed - from frozen state. Doctored it up with spices, but oh, the taste was horrible.

Two weeks later I defrosted the salmon in the fridge. Had to paper towel all the water out of it and it was falling apart - like it's been through a blender then packed to look like salmon (I don't know). Anyway, fried it this time, put on the spices (butter, garlic, salt and pepper). Thankfully I had some good rice that hid the taste of the salmon - which again was just not good. Would not recommend the salmon. We did enjoy, however, the Shrimp.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was going to order over $50 of stuff. When a note was left on my door, I got online signed up, put in an order, and set up a time but I refuse to give out my cash card number. I waited 2 weeks, then called the company. Waited on the phone 30 min then asked for a callback. They called me back and I thought, "Ok. Finally we might get somewhere." Told her I wanted the truck to stop, and she want to sign me up again. I told her I already did, she found my order and that I had indeed already signed up online but would not send out a driver without my cash card number... not good service or a rip off scam from the co. You decide. I called on 9/17/18.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My Mother used to order from Schwan's sometimes when I was younger, so I thought I'd give it a try. I placed my order online, when the driver showed up he didn't have a third of my order on the truck and promised to bring it back in two weeks. Then, the driver pulled out these cards and other information re: "specials". Halfway through the spiel, I told him I wasn't interested in anything else. It was apparent that the drivers were trained (forced) to keep asking for more sales, because he continued in spite of my rejections - saying things like "Really? How can you turn down $2.00 off ice cream sandwiches?" I felt like I was in a new car finance office. I finally had to shut it down and told him I had to go. I canceled my account that day.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I am a first time customer with Schwann's, my order was preplaced, when the truck delivered the items half my items were not on the truck, he sold them prior to getting to my location even though I PRE ORDERED, did not offer any type of other product, still charged my card for the pre purchased order, I called customer service. She said a manager would call me in two days. They NEVER CALLED and never refunded me for the items they did not deliver, WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. HORRIBLE COMPANY AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Schwan's Company Information