2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Quaker Oats Reviews

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Jan 2020 bought large barrel of quick Quaker oatmeal at Walmart. Opened it and it had a bad chemical smell like bug killer, even burned my nose to smell it...I placed the oatmeal in glass jars, even used some in baking, my mouth goes numb, my stomach is cramped, something is very wrong with this oatmeal. Never had this happen before! Product must be recalled and This is not the normal Quaker Oats, do not eat, take back to store, save your ticket... Do not eat the oatmeal, or feed to children or elderly! It may be chemically treated...Strange tasted and smell... American consumer be alert to treated products! Had been eating oatmeal store brand for years daily, until Quaker Oats in Jan 2020, can't eat it now, what a loss to my diet!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I honestly don't even know what to say. I thought it was just a bad box at first. Or maybe you released a variation of the Strawberries & Cream for whatever reason, that maybe I bought that box by mistake instead of the normal amazing product I've eaten my whole life (28 years). I was so scared to even try a second box, hoping to God that it wasn't true that you had changed your recipe. I finally had product from the second box I purchased, only to discover the same bitter disappointment. It's impossible to describe what's wrong with this. But it's overly sweet, weirdly bitter, the oats don't get creamy or thick in the least bit. The fruit chunks look black and the whole package smells deeply unpleasant. The characteristic pink hue the old recipe would take doesn't show up, and so many other issues. It just tastes wrong. Bad wrong.

In my youth I used to even put 2-3 packages in one bowl, because one was just never enough! Now, after one packet I'm tired of eating it. It's so heartbreaking to know that a company that's been around for DECADES and was beloved, made such an unfathomable recipe change and now is detested by so many. I had such a close bond with my grandmother, who recently passed away. Whenever I would visit her she always knew the way to my heart was through your oatmeal. From the time I was a baby, to even visiting her at age 26 she would make it for me as a "comfort food" of sorts. It was always something we shared and enjoyed together between the two of us. Losing her was the worst day of my life, and now losing something that we shared like this really twists the knife. I hope that you find it in your heart to switch back to the old formula. Why mess with a good thing so badly? For the life of me, I just can't understand.

One person I'm sure doesn't make a difference to you in the grand scheme of things. Knowing that I won't be buying anymore hurts me more than it ever will you, but by writing to you today I hope you can see at least a small part of what you did to the world that loved your products. It's sappy, I know. But honestly, it really does feel like a part of me died today. Going forward, if I can suggest ANYTHING, at least present OPTIONS to the consumer. Rake in huge amounts of money that way. So people who prefer the original formula can still buy, enjoy, and buff your bottom line, and then the three people who enjoy the new stuff can still buy that. Then EVERYONE WINS. You make twice the money. All customers are happy. Isn't that a world we should all live in?

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I thought I had mistakenly bought a different oatmeal... nope same box. Maybe I put in too much milk... nope. Maybe I didn't heat it long enough.... nope. It's horrible... It won't absorb milk. It wont go nice and creamy. It tastes stale. You could shred cardboard, mix with milk and sugar and it would taste better.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I dont know what is going on with Quaker Oats lately. Since I was a kid I always enjoyed the maple and Brown sugar. I am 35 now. Now when purchase I never know what I'm getting. Most of the time it's like the oats are stale, they wont absorb water, plus a completely different texture and taste. Every now and then I'll get a box that is how it used to be. I see I am not alone in this. I sincerely hope Quaker sees all of these complaints and fixes the issue.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

All of my life I have eaten the Raisin & Spice Quaker Oatmeal. Each recent purchase ended up in the trash (yes it is that BAD). The taste, texture, consistency, quality is AWFUL!!!! I cannot even attempt to describe how delicious it used to be. Very similar to oatmeal cookies once spruced up. In 2017-2018 I noticed that the quality declined tremendously. I almost always notice a change in taste and quality when a company changes its packaging. You can guarantee as a result of cost savings they will skimp on the ingredients used to manufacture the product which usually results in unsatisfied customers. There should have been a name change as well. This is NOT in any way the delicious oatmeal that Quaker is known for. Truly disgusting.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I also have been reaching for the instant oatmeal for years. But today I tried to eat some and now I have a horrible chemical taste in my mouth that I can’t get rid of. I was thinking about calling a poison clinic until I read all the other negative reviews. How could anything taste this bad and leave their factory. I have thrown the box out and will not be buying anymore. One star is overrated.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I have eaten Quaker oatmeal for years and have always loved it but if they don't change their formula back I will be buying another brand. My favorite of the Quaker oatmeal was the Strawberries and Cream although I also love the other flavors. I bought a box of the strawberries and cream oatmeal and was expecting that same wonderful taste but instead it tasted horrible like it was stale or old. It looked strange and didn't have the pink tint to the oatmeal and the strawberry pieces looked very dark, some almost black and had a weird consistency and a very very sour taste to them. It didn't even smell good. I assumed it was bad so I bought another box from a different store and same thing. After about 3 bites I can't stand to eat it, it's seriously that bad! And it takes A LOT for me to not eat oatmeal so that's really saying something!

My kids and other family hate it now and won't eat it either. After looking online I realized they changed their formula. What in the actual crap were they thinking?! How could they have done trials on that and concluded that it tasted good in any way? Everything about the changed is horrible! I'm very disappointed because I bought Quaker on a regular basis but I won't be buying it anymore unless they go back to how it was. I don't know if they did this to lower calorie count but if so then they could keep the regular one and make another one that is lower cal for those that want it. I can't imagine anyone enjoying the new one but I just don't understand why they thought that was a suitable change. Just very disappointed. I hope they fix this or they will be losing a lot of customers.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I unfortunately purchased a huge box of quaker oats strawberries & cream off of Amazon & sincerely thought the seller ripped me off & filled my box of instant oats with expired packets. But turns out I am in the same boat as everyone here. Visually, you can also tell the difference. As one reviewer pointed out, the strawberries were almost black & there is no sign of any pink color that would occur once mixed from the strawberries into the oatmeal. The strawberries taste sour, it was a bummer from the first bite. Now I’m stuck with a huge box of it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

Change it back, or give us the option of choosing. We (family of 5) LOVED the fruit in the oatmeal. It was easy. No need to mix anything in it. You have lost 5 Life long customers. For myself, I grew up on this. Especially in Winter. Sad to say after 52 years of being a loyal customer, it's time to move on. Good Bye Quaker! Time to find a new brand.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I been eating Quaker oatmeal all my life, I been enjoying the packs of assorted fruit for years. The change is absolutely horrible!!! Please I pray that you guys allow us to grow old with your brand. Thank You.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Quaker Oats Company Information