2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Quaker Oats Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am so glad that I stumbled upon these reviews. I have been eating this oatmeal every day for 25+ years. When the Lower Sugar version came out I started eating it. The new recipe they recently came out with is disgusting and the smell stinks up the cabinet. It's fine if they want to make a new recipe but keep the old one for all of us who have been eating it forever. I have also tried every generic/store brand of the oatmeal because they still have the same old ingredients but something is wrong with the texture. I have struggled with what to eat for breakfast since the oatmeal is now not edible. Very sad. It was nice to have one thing in life that I didn't have to think about which was breakfast now that is a chore also. Please go back to the way it was.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

If I could give them less than one star I would. The change to the Strawberries and Cream is terrible. I can’t even stomach it and thought I just bought a bad or expired box, but after throwing away two boxes I realized they changed the recipe and it’s disgusting. I’ve been eating this every morning for many years and I will not be buying it anymore. I’m really disappointed and will be leaving reviews everywhere I can so other people won’t waste their time or money on this product - and I never write reviews.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This company has lost another buyer!!! They completely changed the taste and “fruit” in the oatmeal! Disgusting bitter taste that makes you gag. I have a toddler and he won’t even eat it!!!! No wonder people don’t want to eat healthy anymore....companies are changing the healthy food tastes!!! Will NEVER buy Quaker again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have eaten Quaker Strawberries & Cream Instant Oatmeal 3 to 7 days a week for many years, but no more. I wasn't aware it had undergone any kind of change until a few weeks ago. It tastes awful! I thought maybe I just got a bad box the first time, but the next box was awful too. I noticed the box was slightly different but figured it was just updated design. The strawberry pieces are very dark red now, almost black. Whatever the reason, this product has been ruined.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

BUGS!!!! The SEALED packs of apple cinnamon oatmeal are CRAWLING with BUGS!!!! My pregnant fiancee ate this on her break and didn't know there were bugs in it until it was half gone. Let's sue them for negligence!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

My family and I detest the new Quaker Oat Instant Oatmeal flavor. It has a horrible taste with a bitter pinch. I have been eating instant oatmeal for more than 30 years and have never seen it taste this bad. We have complained to Walmart and Price Chopper to no avail. Walmart stocked the old one briefly but they are out. I cannot stand the smell and taste of this new one. My kids have given up on it. I used to eat it 4 times a weak for breakfast but not anymore. I am trying to see if we can find an alternative.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Dec 11, 2019. I don't know what Quaker Oats did, but this tastes terrible. My boys and I used to eat it all the time. The other day one of them said it tasted funny. I made two packets for myself this morning. Took a bite and spit it out. The taste reminds me of the taste you get in your mouth when you smell a dead mouse or animal. I thought maybe it was just that box so a few minutes ago I decided to open a new box. I took and egg out ate it and it had the same nasty taste. The one I ate had a red dino in it. My 12 yr old and 7 year old both tried an egg. The first one they ate had a green dinosaur in it. They said it tasted funny, but not too bad.

So I gave them each one with a red dinosaur in it and they spit it out saying the same thing I said that it tastes like death. Does anyone else think the red dinosaurs taste terrible or is it just my family?? I tried calling Quaker Oats, but they aren't opened now. I'll try again tomorrow so they know, but do NOT want free coupons from them. I will never buy this again. The boxes we have don't expire until June 5, 2020. I don't know if they've changed their ingredients or what happened.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Apparently the quest for higher profits have hit Quaker Oats Instant Grits. The consistency of the cooked grits are looser now and the flavor has changed noticeably for the worse. I'm going to have to find a substitute now for a breakfast staple I enjoyed in the past.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ate (past tense) Quaker Oats Fruit & Cream for my breakfast every day for years. It was fast, easy, and healthier than fast food and I lost weight too. I take it on hiking/camping trips. When I'm done I let my dog lick the bowl. This time she lifted her head, looked me in the eyes and they said.... "why is she I trying to kill me". Fix my breakfast please.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have been eating the maple and brown sugar for as long as I can remember (At least 10+ years). Since the formula changed earlier this year I haven’t been able to eat it anymore. The flavour and texture is a complete downgrade from the original formula. I tried it earlier this year and again today. I will not be eating their products anymore until some changes are made. Either going back to the original formula or updating it again. I am super disappointed as this was one of my favourite breakfast options that offered the best health and weight loss benefits in comparison to the conventional cereal or bread options that offer morning fiber.

Quaker Oats Company Information