Quaker Oats

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I feel as if I use cheated and now sicken to think I have been eating bugs in my oats that I found today in this product I have used all my life. That's 67 years. But I hope just this year I found the bugs and hope I was not eating them from the beginning of my life but who knows? I don't think I will ever eat that brand again. It make me sick to think I have been eating bugs all my life. I found little black bugs when I started to make oats for breakfast this morning and can't get it out of my head that bugs were in the oats.That's all I will say so I can just stop thinking about this very disturbing situation I just learn. I don't think I will ever eat this brand of oats again and will check any others I try first. I have given up on Quaker Oats.

I found white wormy things in my cooked oatmeal (Quaker Weight Control Maple and Brown Sugar) this morning. It was after I microwaved it (so disgusting). I had already eaten some. I have been buying this for over a year. Hoping that the company responds to checking this out and make sure this doesn't happen again.

We recently bought Quaker oatmeal from Costco in bulk. When we looked in the bag there were these tiny black bugs crawling all over the oatmeal. There was bugs crawling out of the bag. It was disgusting! I will no longer buy this product! I will be contacting Costco and Quaker. I'm appalled that this product is being sold in these conditions. For there to be this many complaints against this product there should be a law suit. For anyone out there with this oatmeal DON'T BUY IT! If you do, make sure to inspect it and that goes for all other packaged foods.

I bought a large normal size container of Quaker Oatmeal at our local grocery store called WinCo in Oregon about a week and a half ago. The kids and I decided to make oatmeal cookies. When I poured the oatmeal out of the box into the bowl we saw small black bugs crawling around in the oatmeal!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I called Quaker but they were not open at the hour I called. I called the grocery store to let them know what I experience and stated that I needed to call Quaker. They stated they could give me a refund, but the oatmeal is so cheap that's not even the principle. The principle is they are making a faulty product!!! The concern is consumption safety. This is a million billion dollar company, my hope is that they will get it right... I did lose sleep over this incident. It's 1 AM in the morning. I won’t be having Quaker Oatmeal as my leisure late night sack.

Opened a packet of maple and brown sugar oatmeal to make for a late snack. Opened the package into a clear plastic container and could see something strange moving around in the oats. Ended up being little tiny bugs; more than just a handful. Absolutely disgusting seeing such in my food.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

I ate half a bowl of the regular Quaker Instant Oatmeal (the one that comes in individual packets) before finding a dark brown/black circle looking thing that I believe may be a bug. I did some research because I really wanted to find out it's just an oatmeal husk or something safe/edible people regularly find in their oatmeal but I couldn't find anything like it and it's certainly NOT a part of the oatmeal husk. I am so disgusted and scared to eat their oatmeal or any oatmeal again... I flipped the 'bug' around so I have a picture of both sides (FYI, I added a pinch of cinnamon that's why its darker and there are those tiny brown dots - but the 'bug' didn't come from the cinnamon as I would have felt it when I was measuring the pinch). I have been eating this brand of oatmeal for YEARS and this was the first packet I opened in a recently purchased box.

I always eat maple brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast. I bought some on 4/4/17 in Port Charlotte FL at Super Walmart on Murdock Circle. I made a bowl and it tasted like maple banana. I thought maybe my taste buds were off so I made another bowl. Same banana taste. I dislike banana very much. I made my 14 year old son some he tasted banana too. So I'm a little upset I wasted my money on oatmeal I can't even enjoy. I wondering if all the boxes taste like banana.

This appears to be a typical experience for consumers, which is shocking to me. I poured the oatmeal in a clear glass bowl and saw a bug crawling up. Then it started to crawl to my water heater as shown in the picture. I am traumatized now and won't be eating oatmeal any longer!

I just purchased these peanut butter chewy bars for the 1st time, and as I bit into the bar today there was a big piece of hard plastic buried in it. That is very disgusting and I nearly broke a tooth. I will never buy these again!

I never personally had an issue eating the apple oatmeal before, it was one of my favorites. However, it is clear to me this company has a major maggot infestation where they produce their oatmeal products and have been neglecting this issue for SEVERAL years. This is unacceptable, the FDA needs to shut this company down for good.

I got a tube of old fashioned oatmeal a week or so ago. It's something I normally eat in the morning when I'm looking for something filling or I'm not feeling well. However this time the purpose was to learn how to make my favorite cookies – oatmeal raisin. My grandmother was showing me her recipe which calls for premeasured separated ingredients to decrease mess. I had everything put in separate bowls but had the raisins on top of the oatmeal in its own bowl. While mixing the dry powdered ingredients in with the soft ingredients my grandma gets my attention saying “What's that?” I look over and there are maggots is what it looked like to me but go with her because age. She said meal worms. But they had swarmed to the top of the bowl the top of the raisins. I got the chills up my spine so bad it looked like a mini seizure apparently. It was grotesque.

Bunch of tan colored bugs folding themselves in half around raisins where with the color variations between the bugs and the raisins you could see a bunch of them. I got on here to see if it was just my luck but with all these reviews. This is a problem and it's just taken away my least expensive and favorite breakfast away because I am never buying your product again. That's disgusting. I'm pissed. I wish I had taken a pic but I went and smoked and grandma threw it out. Can't blame her. Who would want that ** in their home. Eww...

The first couple of packets in the box tasted normal, but every time I've tried to make it since then (3-4 times), it tastes and smells exactly like soap. Just taking a single tiny test bite leaves a terrible after taste that is very difficult to get rid of. Please fix this Quaker!

My daughter has been sick for the last week. Today was the first day in a while she had an appetite. I made her Quaker Dino oatmeal as it was the only thing she had any interest in. She took one bite and found a mealworm in her oats. :( She cried her eyes out and hasn't ate since. Ugh I'm so mad. Definitely will not be buying anymore!

I was about to eat my oatmeal until I thought it was a grain on the side of the lid of my cup - behold it was a worm. Ewww please let me have my money back. Quaker Oats you forever traumatized me for life. Never buying your products EVER!!!

I bought a bag of plain Quaker Oatmeal on October 2 from Walmart and when I opened the bag yesterday (Oct. 14) to make oatmeal for breakfast, out flew bugs that looked like tiny moths. When I looked into the bag the product was moving with little bugs... Disgusting. What is wrong with product?

Quaker Real Medleys Cherry Almond Pecan Multigrain Cereal. Very difficult to eat. The dried cherries are way too hard even after setting in milk for 5 minutes. I thought that I was going to lose a gold crown while chomping down on them. You need hyena jaws to chew it. For those with false teeth it's game over. This product needs to cease production and recalled from all retailers. I'm taking it back to the grocery store and demanding a refund!

We as consumer look upon brand to get good quality by paying a hefty price. But after that also, if consumer gets a product with live insects in it and if something happens, who is responsible for that. On Sep 10, 2016, I shopped at Reliance fresh, Shimpoli, Borivali west. I bought Quaker Oats 1.5 kg with mfg date 29 June, 2016. When it was unpacked, to my horror I saw the oats with live insects. I have been using quaker oats and give it to my child as morning breakfast. But from now, I can't believe on even the brand names. You have ruined it. I have been recommending Quaker to many of my friends but now its difficult to even say something.

Quaker Simple Granola with almond, raisin and honey - Found Cement Rocks type substances in granola cereal. It won't dissolve in hot water! I bought it yesterday. Was eating it today! Feeling sick! GI issues!!! Yuck! Been eating Quaker products since childhood!!!

I live with my mother and my two younger siblings. We buy granola bars often, usually the Quaker chew bars in chocolate chip, s'mores and rocky road flavors. My mom works and I go to school, so my siblings go to daycare and we were both very upset and shocked when their daycare lady found maggots in my brother's granola bar. Since then we've found one other bar with maggots in it. It's extremely disturbing. I'm also upset that they've decided to send us coupons for this. It's outrageous! My brother ate most of the granola bar.

I'm glad they're taking action and wanting to make sure this doesn't happen again (but clearly it has because other reviews show so) but coupons aren't going to win back my trust. No, I'd rather not buy these products again. It's not like I enjoy having to check over every single granola bar we give my siblings, both my mother and I have become paranoid over this, because it's not us eating them - it's a 5 year old and an 8 year old. We bought these granola bars pretty recently as well. Snacks for the week for 2 kids goes fairly quickly so there's no way it was expired. Very upset, it looks like we'll have to find a new brand of granola bars.

I experienced the same thing as many of the consumers who wrote their reviews here. I found maggots in my oatmeal that I purchased in the large Quaker Old Fashioned oats tube and I found live meal worms in the Quaker Quick-Cooking grits. I will not be purchasing these products again and will either mill my own oats after buying the whole oat groats (it is very easy to do with a small home mill!), or I will buy another brand of oats that I trust. Quaker must know about this problem and should do something to address it. This is horrible!

I have contacted Quaker and I am currently waiting for a response. Generally I like their oatmeal and I have never had a problem, but recently I opened a new box of Fruit and Cream Instant Oatmeal (Peaches and Cream flavor) and I don't even know how to explain how it smelled or what it looked like. I just know it smelled really bad and maybe it looked like really really old dirt. Package says use before Sept. 07 16 so it should have been alright but as you can see this is not ok. I no longer have my receipt as I bought this a couple of months ago. I like to buy in large quantities since I have a family of guys.

Quaker Oats' oatmeal has always been a healthy and delicious food for me, especially for breakfast. I prefer the traditional quick cooking variety which you boil in water for a few minutes to the instant oats variety which you just add hot water to, mix, and then it's ready to consume. I like the former's taste better, so this offsets the convenience to be derived from the latter. However, since oatmeal tastes good with milk/cream and some sugar, it can sometimes be a problem and cause stomach upset for lactose-intolerant people when the milk is added. But those who are not too sensitive to dairy products can enjoy the aroma, taste, and the warm feeling in the stomach of a bowl of freshly cooked oatmeal made creamier with milk.

Oatmeal cookies are great snack items too. They come in different flavors. I like the Apple Cinnamon, Raisin, and Chocolate Chip oatmeal cookies. They're very handy to bring when you're traveling and going off on adventures, such as mountain climbing or swimming in the beach, because they're small and light in weight, but can assuage hunger pangs and provide nutrients.

Quaker Oatmeal Squares brown sugar cereal has hairs and some type of fiber material inside the cereal. Was from Kroger store within the past 3 weeks. I got extremely ill vomiting and diarrhea.

I've always been a fan of Quaker Oats. It is a very good fiber-rich breakfast meal alternative especially when I'm in a rush. It is easy to prepare, and it gives a good feeling of fullness even in just a few heaps. No fuss, no muss. Also, I use Quaker oats for cooking and baking. There are lots of recipes we can use it for. :). Sometimes, I even use it to prepare some breading mixture for fried chicken (which my daughter loves) if I run out of flour, bread crumbs or instant breading mixture.

Every time I go to the supermarket, I scavenge the cereals aisle for different flavors such as fruits and nuts, chocolate, chocolate & milk, banana honey, etc. The fruits and nuts is our new favorite. Oh, and BTW, they also have cookies and drinks to choose from. When it comes to the price, it is just right. It is more expensive than other local brands but, after all, we get what we pay for. I see lots of bad reviews focusing on insects and bugs found in a pack. I'm sorry for them, but fortunately, I've never experienced such a thing. Additionally, what I do is to make sure what I purchase are not expired, and then I transfer the contents to a clear glass jar after buying them to be able to check on them from time to time. Cheers good ol' Mr. Quaker!

When I was a little girl, I've always enjoyed eating plain Quaker Oats served warm with condensed milk. It was my snack every time I'd watch movies on TV. Now, even as an adult, I still enjoy eating Quaker Oats and I like how they've added a variety of flavors to choose from. I've tried their other flavors and they're yummy! But plain oatmeal still tastes great to me. Sometimes, I eat my flavored oatmeal with cold milk and it's good as dessert for me.

Quaker Oats have been the brand my mom has been buying when we were still kids. But nowadays, many cheaper brands were coming out, which are as good as Quaker having similar nutrient content and having several unique flavors. So we're now buying these less expensive brands instead. Preparation and cooking comparison with Quaker? No big deal. I saw this Quaker oatmeal bars at the grocery and tried it. It's healthy because of its ingredients, chewy and portable but still it's an expensive little snack with cost enough to buy me water and a sandwich.

Yesterday morning, I went to have oatmeal, saw the instant one next to my box, and thought I would have it, instead. As I walked to the water, I began to open it, glanced at it, before adding water, and found webs. As I looked and turned it, something flew out. It is filled with clump webs, and what is seen in the photo. Pretty nasty. Plus weird. Apple Cranberry Instant Oatmeal.

I'm satisfied with Quaker Oats... I got full immediately when I eat Quaker Oats. My fullness also lasts long... it takes long time for me to become hungry again after I eat Quaker Oats.

My daughter started eating this oatmeal for the first time and I just found out that there are maggots, worms, just little creatures. I also found out that they are in rice, flour and cereal too! They should ban this crap from the US and everywhere else. We all have proof too. Just search it up. How I found it the bugs? I was pouring the package into my daughter's bowl. Once she finished eating, she looked at the empty package and found grain weevils (the properly used name) in the package. I also tried it. It feels so weird to know that they are inside your guts and stomach. Eww! Does Quakers really think that we can all be 'healthy' with bugs and disgusting insects? (Even if the grain weevils give 6.7 grams of protein).

I have been eating Quaker Oats since I can't remember when. I love that it's healthy and good for the body especially for people like me who is very acidic. It has a lot of benefits. I've tried different flavors. The regular one. The chocolate. The banana honey. All of the taste delicious, especially the banana honey. I love it. When I went to the grocery one time and was looking through different oats, I noticed that Quaker had a new flavor - Arroz Caldo. It really got my attention and interest because I love arroz caldo. So I immediately got one pack.

The next day, I tried it. It smells so good like real arroz caldo. Then I tasted it. IT WAS AWFUL. I didn't like it. The smell was great but the taste is bad. It doesn't taste like arroz caldo. It's kinda weird smelling arroz caldo and not tasting one. But since I already bought an entire pack, I had no choice but to eat them all. Sad. I said to myself that I won't be buying the arroz caldo flavor anymore. Lesson learned.

Quaker Oats Company Profile