3.72/5

210 Quaker Oats Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I have eaten Quaker Instant Oatmeal for 15+ years and peaches and cream has always been my favorite flavor. I noticed the packaging had changed on my last purchase but nothing noted on box about recipe changes. Well it now tastes terrible and I could only eat about two bites and had to throw it out. The peach bits look completely different. They are white and have a rubbery texture. You can’t even chew them up. Next day I tried it again thinking it might have just been that one pouch but it was the same. The overall flavor is completely different and tastes terrible. I will not be purchasing anymore Quaker Oatmeal products, so disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I have eaten the Peaches and cream for 10+ years. I noticed the packaging changed and it tastes awful. Tastes sugar free and peaches are different. Why change and say nothing on the packaging. I see a few less calories and sodium. BUT WHO CARES WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN EAT IT ANYMORE. Please change back to the original. This is a horrible replacement. Keep the original and advertise the new as a diet brand.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I usually love the Quaker Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal! I bought it all the time, well I bought the new box hoping the box changed & not the recipe or ingredients! It was so horrible! Disgusting! It is so sad this company is old and cozy & familiar but they change this! Why does everything that is good change? This was one of my favorite & healthy foods I would eat! Not anymore! Will not buy it unless it goes back to the same taste & texture! Does anyone know of a brand that tastes like the old kind? Would love suggestions Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Ugh, the strawberry and cream oatmeal is one of the few meals my picky eater would eat. She and I both noticed a different taste and smell instantly. It tastes like cheap artificial strawberries. I am returning this and buying a store brand, in hopes it tastes like the oatmeal we've eaten for years.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I purchased instant maple oats from SAM'S in Humble TX, I seen a black hair in a packet last week, well at first it could of looked like a piece of hair net so I brushed it off but then today I went to make a another packet and seen another hair. I have blond long hair and this is a short black hair. HOW DISGUSTING!! I don't know who to contact. THE STORE or this Company. So now I am going to have to get rid of this whole box we just bought. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought a box of Quaker Oats Fruit and Cream instant oatmeal. I have been eating this oatmeal since I was a child (now 37) and it has never tasted like this. This is horrible. There was no noted changes on the box but it is different for sure. I opened the strawberries and cream but thought after fixing it, it tasted off. The fruit was different, the taste was different, almost sugar free tasting and that something was wrong with it. I threw that one away and fixed a pack of peaches and cream. Still horrible tasting. PLEASE go back to the original recipe! I will not be purchasing any more products from Quaker because of this. If I wanted something that tasted sugar free, I would have bought sugar free.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I poured my oatmeal out of the sealed individual pouch, to find two bugs in it. I will never buy this again. Photos are worth 1,000 words. I barely ever write reviews but this is just gross and needs to be addressed. Quaker, you need to do some quality control in your distribution center and do some cleaning.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Huge relief seeing others complaining about the new taste. Anyone who's grown up eating this stuff knows the taste backwards and forwards. The second I put the new oatmeal (strawberries and cream, new packaging) in my mouth, I thought I taste a gasoline or chemical taste. I kept eating because I'm dumb lol but also trying to figure it out. Very mechanical, chemical, fake taste. I researched online, found these reviews and decided I probably wasn't being poisoned after all, but that said, I have to dig up the receipt and return this junk to the store for a refund. My fault for eating sugary cereals anyway, which I'd stopped doing months ago but I need to eat soft foods lately.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I am not sure why Quaker Oatmeal thought changing the ingredients of their artificially flavored oatmeal was a smart move. The flavor is HORRIBLE! I am kept thinking who signed off on this change. I will not be buying this payment brand anymore. Can you PLEASE bring back the original ingredients?

Original review: July 12, 2019

I have been eating Quaker Oats Peaches & Cream Instant Oatmeal for many years. My Dr. had told me to eat oatmeal because it was healthier for me. Recently purchased 6 boxes during a sale & noticed one box had different packaging & listed some different nutrition facts. I also compared expiration dates & the new package expired before the other 5 boxes. I called the 1-800 number to inquire about the different packaging. Indeed, this is new packaging for Quaker Oats & the QO rep told me that the new cereal has real dried peaches in it & less preservatives (thus earlier expiration date).

So I opened the new packet into my bowl & immediately I could see a difference in the dry ingredients. It had a strong peach odor which at first I thought might be good. I prepared the cereal as usual but it was absolutely horrible!! I didn't like the flavor while eating or the aftertaste. It actually gave me a stomach ache & I felt sick for quite a while. Bring back the old recipe! I will never eat this new product again! Disgusting!!! I'm returning it for my money back & will have to find something new for breakfast, which makes me very unhappy as this has been my daily breakfast routine for so many years.

Quaker Oats Company Information