4.0/5 (318 ratings)

About Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I cook oatmeal at least twice a week. Last week I found a piece of glass in my oatmeal. I threw away the remaining of what was left in the box then purchased a second box from Walmart. After cooking oatmeal from the new box, I found a glass shard in my bowl of oatmeal. Finding glass twice is too much. Unfortunately, this has ruined my love for oatmeal. The glass did cut my tongue slightly this time around but that is not my biggest concern. While raising children, I fed them oatmeal a lot. I am concerned for babies who could consume glass while eating oatmeal. The company really needs to do some research and find out what is going on.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2022

I used to love flavored Quaker Oats and my kids also. This year 2022 have purchased the apple/cinnamon/maple mix boxes at 2 separate stores. Threw out the first box because it tasted horrible like fake sugar that leaves horrible aftertaste. Tried another from Costco and again strange chemical taste that seems to stay on my tongue. Not sure what they have done but it is not the same and I will no longer buy it again. Sad maybe something happened during Covid. They need figure out what they messed up.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I was enjoying my oatmeal this morning, as usual, when my tooth hit something hard. Luckily, I removed it and found a small piece of glass with sharp edges! Could have caused some serious damage! I will be tossing the remainder of the product out, along with an unopened box in my cupboard. Never again will I buy this product! I am attaching a photo!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I have been eating brown sugar instant oatmeal for many years but never had this situation happen to me or I never noticed this situation... Today I made my usual brown sugar instant oatmeal small package and as I'm chewing I chew something rubbery so I spit it out and realize it's a small piece of black rubber like smaller than your pinky nail (I have a pic)!! So I'm wondering where it came from and if this happens a lot... I am no longer a Quaker oats customer!!

Original review: July 12, 2022

I've been buying gluten-free instant Quaker Oats for years now. I cannot tolerate many others. All the sudden all the stores are discontinued of them. I called the number to see what is going on and nobody picks up. I wish I knew what was going on.

Original review: June 28, 2022

From a loyal customer for the Aunt Jemima products. Not seeing her picture on the products in a while sucks. And forced me to change brands. As a dyslexic and have a short memory I rely on familiarity, in all aspects of life. Sad move guys.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have purchased and/or consumed Quaker Products over 65 years. I eat Quaker Grits maybe 25 days per month, and have most of my adult life. I have always been satisfied with the product. Recently I purchased a 5 Lb bag of 5 min. Quick Grits. They tasted more like they were made of corn cobs than corn kernels. I threw the bag away and went back to The Food Lion and purchased more. That bag was just as bad. The use by date was 10/02/22. Lot number AJ14 A 09:38. I might try another bag. Have you had other complaints on this lot #.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Our family used to love instant quaker oats but now it tastes like sawdust and is more gluey. I couldn't understand why my sons would no longer eat it till I tasted it myself and it was horrible. It was not just the one box because I have tried several since. It's the oat bran it's like powder. Wish the original recipe was still available. We won't be purchasing it as it is now sadly.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I always bought Quaker Oats. Today I made my usual cooking oatmeal from a new barrel box. It has changed in formula. Ugh! I couldn't finish it, it tasted very much like eating pure flour with some semi- crunchy fiber. I will never buy again...

Original review: March 7, 2022

Advertised as a superfood and heart health. The second ingredient listed is 11 grams of sugar per serving, almost 3 teaspoons of sugar in a serving of about 1/2 cup. Very harmful to health and misleading to consumers. Do corporations not care that their products harm our health as long as they get our money? Also, on hold one hour at the corporate phone number, very poor customer experience. I will not buy additional Quaker instant oatmeal. They should be banned from using claims of superfood and heart health. Instead they could say feed your sugar addiction.

Quaker Oats Company Information