2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (323 ratings)

About Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have been eating Quaker Oats grits and oatmeal for 30 plus years. I usually buy a large cylinder container from grocery stores. I bought several small boxes of pre packaged grits because they were on sale. I opened the packets of grits and they were almost completely filled with some type of powder starch filler. I am assumed it is their version of anti clumping agent. I mixed with water and with milk and is was disgusting. It had to be thrown in the trash. I contacted them via email and they refused to acknowledge the mistake and responded by telling me they were not giving me "free products". I don't care about "free products". I don't want to eat trash. They are obviously just another US corporation who doesn't care at all for its customers. I will NEVER spend a penny with them again. I don't care if I have to have my oats shipped from overseas, I will not support a group of ignorant people like Quaker Oats ever again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Well gee Quaker Oats what gives? I found 2 chunks of plastic in my oatmeal. Who knows how many pieces I have ingested for the last few years. These are hard and nasty and I just escaped cracking my tooth. I am never buying again!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2021

I had one almost empty cylinder box of Oatmeal, as I cooked it, there were these hard looking (but were actually soft) reddish-brown bits floating around in the oatmeal as it cooked. Thinking something was wrong with remaining oats...I threw it and rest of oats away. Bought a new box... Made one bowl... Everything okay. Made second bowl a few days later and there it was again. Emptied box into bowl and didn't see anything in oats that looked like what I saw. Glad it wasn't bugs as some many others complained about. Oats don't taste funny or bad so I will try to finish box. I found two other complaints with same problem (Jan. & Aug. 2014) Does anybody know what this is? I shouldn't have to scrutinize my food before eating... If I see it in another box... I will no longer buy this product. Next time (I hope doesn't happen) I will try to remember to take a picture.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Today I opened up my instant oatmeal that had an expiration date of 4-2022, after pouring in I notice that there was movement in the bowl, looking more there were worms throughout the oatmeal. I would recommend anyone buying this product to think on this before as I am concern that this is not a random issue and that there are substandard quality controls within their process that allows infestation to take place. I contacted Quaker Oats and they wanted to send me coupons to buy more. I am done with Quaker Oatmeal and Pepsico products.. Please beware as they are not concerned with my complaint and you could get medically ill if you ingested their products.. CAUTION.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Aside from the fact that these bars keep getting shrunken in oz over time with no change in price, there is a line of glue from wrapper seam left on the bottom side of the bars. Lot: 20RB28D217 15:38. These used to be my kids favorites but I won't buy anymore if this is the quality control.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I have yogurt and granola every morning. Faithfully used Quaker granola cereal as my granola. Until a month ago when I purchased a new large box from Costco. I poured it into my container and saw a glimmer of light, pulled out a hard plastic or glass shard. I contacted customer support and was brushed off. Was sent two coupons for 4.99 each. I'll never use their products again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I’ve being a customer for years till that morning while I’m eating my oats I heard my tooth cracking. My products had a piece of hard plastic in it!!!! I ended up losing my tooth due to their product. Contacted the company and guess what they offered 100$ gift card!!!! That was very disrespectful. I lost a smile due to their product. Please dear Customer be careful cause they really don’t care about you. Never again buying their product.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I bought Quaker Instant Lower Sugar Variety Oatmeal with a expiry date of April 30, 2021. It had 10 packets of 5 different flavors. I used the Maple and brown Sugar today. after I emptied the entire packet in my bowl, I could literally see black small insects. Most of them were not moving I think they were dead, but few were alive.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Whatever product I just purchased is not the Quaker instant oatmeal I grew up loving. Since starting a semester of at home learning I needed something quick & easy to eat before class. I bought several boxes of instant strawberry oatmeal and it's horrible. It doesn't smell like it used to, it doesn't look anything like it used to and most unfortunately it doesn't taste like it used to... or good at all. It's a brown sludgy mess and the "strawberry" pieces looks like globs scraped from a sewage. I tried a pack from 4 different boxes and they all look the same.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I was eating my oatmeal and I felt something hard in my mouth. I thought it was a piece of uncooked oatmeal because it happens sometimes but I took the hard part out my mouth to find out it was a piece of plastic.

Quaker Oats Company Information