3.9/5 (123 ratings)

About Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I was enjoying my oatmeal this morning, as usual, when my tooth hit something hard. Luckily, I removed it and found a small piece of glass with sharp edges! Could have caused some serious damage! I will be tossing the remainder of the product out, along with an unopened box in my cupboard. Never again will I buy this product! I am attaching a photo!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I have been eating brown sugar instant oatmeal for many years but never had this situation happen to me or I never noticed this situation... Today I made my usual brown sugar instant oatmeal small package and as I'm chewing I chew something rubbery so I spit it out and realize it's a small piece of black rubber like smaller than your pinky nail (I have a pic)!! So I'm wondering where it came from and if this happens a lot... I am no longer a Quaker oats customer!!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I've been buying gluten-free instant Quaker Oats for years now. I cannot tolerate many others. All the sudden all the stores are discontinued of them. I called the number to see what is going on and nobody picks up. I wish I knew what was going on.

Original review: June 28, 2022

From a loyal customer for the Aunt Jemima products. Not seeing her picture on the products in a while sucks. And forced me to change brands. As a dyslexic and have a short memory I rely on familiarity, in all aspects of life. Sad move guys.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I have purchased and/or consumed Quaker Products over 65 years. I eat Quaker Grits maybe 25 days per month, and have most of my adult life. I have always been satisfied with the product. Recently I purchased a 5 Lb bag of 5 min. Quick Grits. They tasted more like they were made of corn cobs than corn kernels. I threw the bag away and went back to The Food Lion and purchased more. That bag was just as bad. The use by date was 10/02/22. Lot number AJ14 A 09:38. I might try another bag. Have you had other complaints on this lot #.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Our family used to love instant quaker oats but now it tastes like sawdust and is more gluey. I couldn't understand why my sons would no longer eat it till I tasted it myself and it was horrible. It was not just the one box because I have tried several since. It's the oat bran it's like powder. Wish the original recipe was still available. We won't be purchasing it as it is now sadly.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I always bought Quaker Oats. Today I made my usual cooking oatmeal from a new barrel box. It has changed in formula. Ugh! I couldn't finish it, it tasted very much like eating pure flour with some semi- crunchy fiber. I will never buy again...

Original review: March 7, 2022

Advertised as a superfood and heart health. The second ingredient listed is 11 grams of sugar per serving, almost 3 teaspoons of sugar in a serving of about 1/2 cup. Very harmful to health and misleading to consumers. Do corporations not care that their products harm our health as long as they get our money? Also, on hold one hour at the corporate phone number, very poor customer experience. I will not buy additional Quaker instant oatmeal. They should be banned from using claims of superfood and heart health. Instead they could say feed your sugar addiction.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I eat oatmeal almost every day for breakfast. I buy Quaker because one time I bought a generic brand and it made me very ill. It had this strange taste that would give me gastrointestinal issues so I stopped eating it completely. I've been eating instant Quaker Oats for years. Since I can remember. And over the past few months, I've noticed a change in their products. Not only did I also find some kind of hard plastic pieces in my oatmeal, but I also experience the same issues I had with the generic brand.

I ate 4/6 packets this week and they were fine. The last two packets were tainted with something. I boiled the water, let it sit as usual and then noticed this strange smell. I thought it was in my head or past trauma from the other poison oatmeal... But I started eating it and it had that "something's off" taste... I stopped eating it but it definitely made me sick. My body got rid of whatever it was as quickly as possible via diarrhea and loose stools. I'm wondering if it's mold, chemicals, or a combination. I just stocked up on oatmeal and now this happened. Time to move on, I suppose.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Since the age of 3 I been loving my Quaker oatmeal. I'm very sickly since battling cancer so I can't eat certain foods. I'm 62 yrs young. I never thought my nutritional oatmeal, my Quaker oats handed down from my nana would have weasel (tiny black /brownish bugs). You figure ok maybe once it's oats but, to go and buy another no problem with expiration dates. It's a go right? Well, again bugs. Three times, you're out. I spoke to the manager at M basket. He tells me it's the way of life that we eat many bugs and laughs, says, "All you can do is bring it back, get a refund and write the company." How sad my winter certainly won't be the same without my Quaker Oats.. I pray it doesn't happen with my Cream of wheat. FDA needs to step it up. Food isn't like it use to be and we consumers shouldn't be worrying about being sick from food or worse. Whatever FDA is doing please step up your game. It's just not Quaker oats. It's meats as well loaded with worms. Thankful for this site I read for heads up.

Quaker Oats Company Information