2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Quaker Oats Reviews

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I been eating Quaker oatmeal all my life, I been enjoying the packs of assorted fruit for years. The change is absolutely horrible!!! Please I pray that you guys allow us to grow old with your brand. Thank You.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I have been eating the peaches and cream instant oatmeal for years at a race of two packs/meal and 3 meals a week. But someone came up with the idea to change the formula. I too thought I had a bad box and got a second box, and then forbid my wife from buying any more. Yes you dropped 20 cal per packed. But as far as I am concern you lost 6-8 packets per week. Admit mistake and change back.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I have eaten the Fruit and Cream Oatmeal for years but the last 2 times I bought a box the taste was horrible! I mean totally unable to eat it. I don't know how it has so many stars on the reviews after looking at all these complaints! As a few have said on here I thought I had gotten a bad box so I threw it out and got another one but the taste was the same. It's like you can't get that awful taste out of your mouth and the smell is terrible! I loved the fruit and cream kind so I will be looking for a different brand. I cannot believe they changed it when it was so great before. They have lost me as a customer, even though I'm sure they do not care! Thanks for messing up the only flavor of oatmeal I enjoy!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have been buying the instant fruit oatmeal for years, but not anymore. The new oatmeal is horrible and so disgusting that my toddler and 6 year old spit it out! I bought the apples & cinnamon, peaches & cream, and strawberries & cream, and every last one of them tasted bad!! I don't know what Quaker has done to their instant oatmeal but they need to go back to the old formula. They just lost a customer because I will not be buying any oatmeal from them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My husband had been eating your apple & cinnamon oatmeal every day for years but since you changed your recipe he cannot eat it anymore! The texture changed and it seems more dry than it used to but the flavor is the biggest issue. It's just not good anymore...he couldn't get past the first bite!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I am so glad that I stumbled upon these reviews. I have been eating this oatmeal every day for 25+ years. When the Lower Sugar version came out I started eating it. The new recipe they recently came out with is disgusting and the smell stinks up the cabinet. It's fine if they want to make a new recipe but keep the old one for all of us who have been eating it forever. I have also tried every generic/store brand of the oatmeal because they still have the same old ingredients but something is wrong with the texture. I have struggled with what to eat for breakfast since the oatmeal is now not edible. Very sad. It was nice to have one thing in life that I didn't have to think about which was breakfast now that is a chore also. Please go back to the way it was.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

If I could give them less than one star I would. The change to the Strawberries and Cream is terrible. I can’t even stomach it and thought I just bought a bad or expired box, but after throwing away two boxes I realized they changed the recipe and it’s disgusting. I’ve been eating this every morning for many years and I will not be buying it anymore. I’m really disappointed and will be leaving reviews everywhere I can so other people won’t waste their time or money on this product - and I never write reviews.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This company has lost another buyer!!! They completely changed the taste and “fruit” in the oatmeal! Disgusting bitter taste that makes you gag. I have a toddler and he won’t even eat it!!!! No wonder people don’t want to eat healthy anymore....companies are changing the healthy food tastes!!! Will NEVER buy Quaker again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I have eaten Quaker Strawberries & Cream Instant Oatmeal 3 to 7 days a week for many years, but no more. I wasn't aware it had undergone any kind of change until a few weeks ago. It tastes awful! I thought maybe I just got a bad box the first time, but the next box was awful too. I noticed the box was slightly different but figured it was just updated design. The strawberry pieces are very dark red now, almost black. Whatever the reason, this product has been ruined.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

BUGS!!!! The SEALED packs of apple cinnamon oatmeal are CRAWLING with BUGS!!!! My pregnant fiancee ate this on her break and didn't know there were bugs in it until it was half gone. Let's sue them for negligence!!!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Quaker Oats Company Information