2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Quaker Oats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: May 21, 2020

I was eating my oatmeal and I felt something hard in my mouth. I thought it was a piece of uncooked oatmeal because it happens sometimes but I took the hard part out my mouth to find out it was a piece of plastic.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Just purchased and opened 42oz Quaker Oats quick 1 minute oats and my adult son found a chunk of blue painted wood. I called Quaker but they are in a training session. Can't take call, can't leave message.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: May 9, 2020

I eat oat meal every day and have been for years but this time I got a big bag of 3 minute oats and they leave an after taste like the smell of cardboard.. Like I said it is only the once but at the same time yuck.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I've been eating the Strawberries and Cream oatmeal for as long as I can remember and it's absolutely been my favorite breakfast food. Like so many others, I thought I'd gotten a bad box. I had to throw it away. I can't even describe how disgusting it was. So then I bought 2 more boxes and tried a pack out of each. Same thing. Couldn't finish it. So now I'm about to toss 3 almost full boxes of oatmeal. I hope the company is reading these reviews and goes back to the previous recipe. As of now, I won't buy another box.

Original review: March 1, 2020

Check T&Cs. Lack of transparency on “Good Morning” Amazon Echo Show 5. Means only some packs have a draw code and most do not. The implication of the advertising for this promotion suggests all packs are applicable. Yet, small print, read after purchase restricts greatly the competition. The promotion seems to be dishonest and a trick. Beware.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

My wife likes porridge. I hate it BUT tried the blueberry cranberry and guava. It’s awesome. I actually love it put banana with it. Hope they never discontinue it now we buy lots lovely. Most people that stay with us like the product too.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Jan 2020 bought large barrel of quick Quaker oatmeal at Walmart. Opened it and it had a bad chemical smell like bug killer, even burned my nose to smell it...I placed the oatmeal in glass jars, even used some in baking, my mouth goes numb, my stomach is cramped, something is very wrong with this oatmeal. Never had this happen before! Product must be recalled and This is not the normal Quaker Oats, do not eat, take back to store, save your ticket... Do not eat the oatmeal, or feed to children or elderly! It may be chemically treated...Strange tasted and smell... American consumer be alert to treated products! Had been eating oatmeal store brand for years daily, until Quaker Oats in Jan 2020, can't eat it now, what a loss to my diet!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I honestly don't even know what to say. I thought it was just a bad box at first. Or maybe you released a variation of the Strawberries & Cream for whatever reason, that maybe I bought that box by mistake instead of the normal amazing product I've eaten my whole life (28 years). I was so scared to even try a second box, hoping to God that it wasn't true that you had changed your recipe. I finally had product from the second box I purchased, only to discover the same bitter disappointment. It's impossible to describe what's wrong with this. But it's overly sweet, weirdly bitter, the oats don't get creamy or thick in the least bit. The fruit chunks look black and the whole package smells deeply unpleasant. The characteristic pink hue the old recipe would take doesn't show up, and so many other issues. It just tastes wrong. Bad wrong.

In my youth I used to even put 2-3 packages in one bowl, because one was just never enough! Now, after one packet I'm tired of eating it. It's so heartbreaking to know that a company that's been around for DECADES and was beloved, made such an unfathomable recipe change and now is detested by so many. I had such a close bond with my grandmother, who recently passed away. Whenever I would visit her she always knew the way to my heart was through your oatmeal. From the time I was a baby, to even visiting her at age 26 she would make it for me as a "comfort food" of sorts. It was always something we shared and enjoyed together between the two of us. Losing her was the worst day of my life, and now losing something that we shared like this really twists the knife. I hope that you find it in your heart to switch back to the old formula. Why mess with a good thing so badly? For the life of me, I just can't understand.

One person I'm sure doesn't make a difference to you in the grand scheme of things. Knowing that I won't be buying anymore hurts me more than it ever will you, but by writing to you today I hope you can see at least a small part of what you did to the world that loved your products. It's sappy, I know. But honestly, it really does feel like a part of me died today. Going forward, if I can suggest ANYTHING, at least present OPTIONS to the consumer. Rake in huge amounts of money that way. So people who prefer the original formula can still buy, enjoy, and buff your bottom line, and then the three people who enjoy the new stuff can still buy that. Then EVERYONE WINS. You make twice the money. All customers are happy. Isn't that a world we should all live in?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I thought I had mistakenly bought a different oatmeal... nope same box. Maybe I put in too much milk... nope. Maybe I didn't heat it long enough.... nope. It's horrible... It won't absorb milk. It wont go nice and creamy. It tastes stale. You could shred cardboard, mix with milk and sugar and it would taste better.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I dont know what is going on with Quaker Oats lately. Since I was a kid I always enjoyed the maple and Brown sugar. I am 35 now. Now when purchase I never know what I'm getting. Most of the time it's like the oats are stale, they wont absorb water, plus a completely different texture and taste. Every now and then I'll get a box that is how it used to be. I see I am not alone in this. I sincerely hope Quaker sees all of these complaints and fixes the issue.

Quaker Oats Company Information