3.6/5 (165 ratings)

About Quaker Oats

Quaker Oats Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quaker Oats?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I eat oatmeal almost every day for breakfast. I buy Quaker because one time I bought a generic brand and it made me very ill. It had this strange taste that would give me gastrointestinal issues so I stopped eating it completely. I've been eating instant Quaker Oats for years. Since I can remember. And over the past few months, I've noticed a change in their products. Not only did I also find some kind of hard plastic pieces in my oatmeal, but I also experience the same issues I had with the generic brand.

I ate 4/6 packets this week and they were fine. The last two packets were tainted with something. I boiled the water, let it sit as usual and then noticed this strange smell. I thought it was in my head or past trauma from the other poison oatmeal... But I started eating it and it had that "something's off" taste... I stopped eating it but it definitely made me sick. My body got rid of whatever it was as quickly as possible via diarrhea and loose stools. I'm wondering if it's mold, chemicals, or a combination. I just stocked up on oatmeal and now this happened. Time to move on, I suppose.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Since the age of 3 I been loving my Quaker oatmeal. I'm very sickly since battling cancer so I can't eat certain foods. I'm 62 yrs young. I never thought my nutritional oatmeal, my Quaker oats handed down from my nana would have weasel (tiny black /brownish bugs). You figure ok maybe once it's oats but, to go and buy another no problem with expiration dates. It's a go right? Well, again bugs. Three times, you're out. I spoke to the manager at M basket. He tells me it's the way of life that we eat many bugs and laughs, says, "All you can do is bring it back, get a refund and write the company." How sad my winter certainly won't be the same without my Quaker Oats.. I pray it doesn't happen with my Cream of wheat. FDA needs to step it up. Food isn't like it use to be and we consumers shouldn't be worrying about being sick from food or worse. Whatever FDA is doing please step up your game. It's just not Quaker oats. It's meats as well loaded with worms. Thankful for this site I read for heads up.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I've been eating from this box for two weeks and have just noticed inside the brown sugar package were not oats, but maggots. While on the phone with one of the representatives I decided to open another package and sure enough it too was infested with maggots. What shocked me the most is that the maggots are still alive and to know I've been eating them has me disgusted and furious. Before I mentioned attorney "Tim" wanted to just transfer me to the "PROPER DEPARTMENT". When an attorney was mention then he wanted to get someone else to speak with me. He then went further to assist by requesting photos.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I have been eating Quaker Oats grits and oatmeal for 30 plus years. I usually buy a large cylinder container from grocery stores. I bought several small boxes of pre packaged grits because they were on sale. I opened the packets of grits and they were almost completely filled with some type of powder starch filler. I am assumed it is their version of anti clumping agent. I mixed with water and with milk and is was disgusting. It had to be thrown in the trash. I contacted them via email and they refused to acknowledge the mistake and responded by telling me they were not giving me "free products". I don't care about "free products". I don't want to eat trash. They are obviously just another US corporation who doesn't care at all for its customers. I will NEVER spend a penny with them again. I don't care if I have to have my oats shipped from overseas, I will not support a group of ignorant people like Quaker Oats ever again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Well gee Quaker Oats what gives? I found 2 chunks of plastic in my oatmeal. Who knows how many pieces I have ingested for the last few years. These are hard and nasty and I just escaped cracking my tooth. I am never buying again!

Original review: July 20, 2021

I had one almost empty cylinder box of Oatmeal, as I cooked it, there were these hard looking (but were actually soft) reddish-brown bits floating around in the oatmeal as it cooked. Thinking something was wrong with remaining oats...I threw it and rest of oats away. Bought a new box... Made one bowl... Everything okay. Made second bowl a few days later and there it was again. Emptied box into bowl and didn't see anything in oats that looked like what I saw. Glad it wasn't bugs as some many others complained about. Oats don't taste funny or bad so I will try to finish box. I found two other complaints with same problem (Jan. & Aug. 2014) Does anybody know what this is? I shouldn't have to scrutinize my food before eating... If I see it in another box... I will no longer buy this product. Next time (I hope doesn't happen) I will try to remember to take a picture.

Original review: June 25, 2021

Today I opened up my instant oatmeal that had an expiration date of 4-2022, after pouring in I notice that there was movement in the bowl, looking more there were worms throughout the oatmeal. I would recommend anyone buying this product to think on this before as I am concern that this is not a random issue and that there are substandard quality controls within their process that allows infestation to take place. I contacted Quaker Oats and they wanted to send me coupons to buy more. I am done with Quaker Oatmeal and Pepsico products.. Please beware as they are not concerned with my complaint and you could get medically ill if you ingested their products.. CAUTION.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I had prep down to a science, it was always perfect! Last box I bought cook like 1 minute and oats (mushy). Did they have packing errors or have an error in loading the wrong stuff. 45 seconds at 50% power and oats are like slop.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Aside from the fact that these bars keep getting shrunken in oz over time with no change in price, there is a line of glue from wrapper seam left on the bottom side of the bars. Lot: 20RB28D217 15:38. These used to be my kids favorites but I won't buy anymore if this is the quality control.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I have yogurt and granola every morning. Faithfully used Quaker granola cereal as my granola. Until a month ago when I purchased a new large box from Costco. I poured it into my container and saw a glimmer of light, pulled out a hard plastic or glass shard. I contacted customer support and was brushed off. Was sent two coupons for 4.99 each. I'll never use their products again.

Quaker Oats Company Information